[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do so many people have $75,000+ to spend on a family car? Tahoes used to be low 40s to high 50s for maxed out packages and now they’re 70s-low 100s and they’re as popular as ever. What gives?
>>
taking into consideration the figure that 'a high percentage of americans don't have a lick of savings' and the relatively widespread use and acceptance of credit as a measure of your likelihood/ability to pay back what has been lent, I do NOT believe that most people with a savings/emergency fund with 6 figures would empty it for a vehicle.
>>
>>25473464
they are taking 8 years loans
>>
>>25473464
they don't, they're up to their eyeballs in debt and living paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>25473464
older cars look objectively superior to modern cars so i'm not sure why people spend 8x as much for new rubbish
>>
>>25473475
having the latest shit is peak normie flex, regardless of looks or performance
>>
>>25473464
Because they don't see it as $75,000. They see it as -only- $700/month... for 90 months.
>>
>>25473484
>$700/month
kek, thats almost my mortgage, people are retarded
>>
>>25473464
>>25473472
Poor fag cope. Anyone in a new Tahoe for the last two years has been driving the thing for FREE. While you seethe with envy in whatever shitbox youve been driving

OP I see the same, there are sooooo many normie middle class people with these new rigs. They’re not all piss broke. Piss broke people don’t get approved for a $75,000 loan or lease. If you and your wife make six figures, it’s just not a big deal to drive a Tahoe sized new truck. Especially with multiple kids and sports practices and car pools. If you trade in your previous car your note isn’t the full $75,000 nor do you pay the full tax. And a surprising amount of upper middle class get vehicle allowances through work to offset personal car
>>
>>25473510
t. Lifetime cash cow
>>
>>25473516
You’re right. It’s better to be an /o/ fag who drives an embarrassing shitbox and is depressed all day and envious of everyone driving new and better cars while living in some sketchy apt complex or his parents house still

Those homeowners with a 2022 Yukon or Tahoe married and a couple of kids are the real losers!
>>
>>25473464
Cars tend to get disgusting after 20k-30k miles especially if you have kids in it constantly. The paint doesn’t glisten like it did when it was new. Always driving new plus the latest and greatest is the only way to live. And once you’ve used to that lifestyle you don’t want to go back. Getting into a 8 yr old Tahoe with 90k miles vs brand new Tahoe with 3k miles, you’ll feel gross and embarrassed in that old beat to shit one.
>>
>>25473519
I can own a fleet of my dream shitboxes for the price of a new Tahoe. Also, marriage is a trap and having kids is a waste of time, money, and energy.
>>
>>25473539
Kek is this the general consensus of this board?

I have noticed that this board is majority CAfags and likely Mexican.
>>
>>25473539
The key to financial, mental, and overall wellness is to never have kids.
Marriage can be great but ONLY if your wife doesn’t fuck you over.
>>
>>25473527
Poor fags will never understand. Ignorance is bliss I suppose
>>
>>25473555
Is like to add that this figure has clearly risen since 2015 due to inflation, as well as the fact that kids are staying at home well into their 20s.
Also these numbers might not include college tuition costs as 18 year olds aren’t necessarily in college yet.
Have one less kid, and enjoy a brand new Mclaren/Aston/Ferrari etc.
>>
They dont. Its called loans.
>>
>>25473555
That's only $15,000 a year, which is pussy shit unless you're a poorfag.
>noooo i have to end my bloodline so i can consoom more
ok, bye loser
>>
>>25473560
would rather have a child than a used Italian sports car, but I’m not a materialistic faggot so I guess I wouldn’t understand
>>
>>25473567
>noooo i have to end my bloodline so i can consoom more
You are consuming either way. Where do you think the 250k goes?
>>25473571
Do whatever you feel is worthier of the money
>>
>>25473583
paying for food for your child to consume is not the same level of mindless consumption as paying 300k + insurance for a vehicle you’ll drive once a month to impress vapid whores
>>
Inflation exists. The problem is that wages didn't keep up for most people.
>>
>>25473554
the way I see it you either live in the system or you don't, and you can't understand peoples on the other side
I've seen my father going bankrupt and I've seen the system goes after everything he owned so I fuck off, now I pay no taxes and live completely off the radar, have my saltbox and my shirty life but at least I'm free and completely debt free
>>
>>25473604
You allowed your fear of government oversight to prevent you from following through on your biological purpose?
>>
>>25473591
The supercars were an example, the money saved could be used for anything.
Also I would argue that a child is even more mindless in terms of consumption as you would be spending the same amount to spawn an additional consumer.
>>
File: 20201011_072559.jpg (2.71 MB, 4032x3024)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>>25473527
I like my Tahoe better than the new ones. I've owned it for years and keep it nice. I've bought vehicles new before, and that warm fuzzy feeling you're talking about is over rated. I get more of a boner over the fact that I found exactly what I wanted, at a good price, paid it off, and kept it nice for several years.
>>
>>25473614
>your biological purpose
NPC level mindset on full display. The "You are supposed to, so you have to."
People should do what will make them happy, without negatively affecting others.
>>
>>25473485
What shitheap do you live in? Mudhut?
>>
>>25473642
sc, bought it a few years back, house is now worth double what i paid, kek
>>
>>25473464
Inflation and they’re a status symbol for white suburbanites
>>
>>25473680
Why do losers try to make status symbol sound like a slur? What does the newest Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade whatever symbolize? That your husband has a decent career. That you have good credit. That you value keeping up appearances. That you probably have a lot of equity in your house and may even have a second vacation home.

What does a shitbox the average o drives symbolize? Neet-dom, a narcotic addiction, and apt dwelling?
>>
Because a lot of complete retards make $250,000+ HHI and inherited money from dead grandparents and parents so $15,000 a year on a new Yukon Denali is just not a big deal in the slightest. And a lot of upper middle class normies get $1,000 a month vehicle allowance through work. Plus small business scams to write off a lease. All kinds of loopholes that anyone with the slightest degree of intelligence can exploit. But keep seething on the sidelines coping that everyone with more than you is ACTUALLY broke. Lol kek
>>
>>25473687
Poor financial sense from people trying to show they’ve “made it” by buying useless vehicles they don’t need. For example, pickup trucks that aren’t used for work or towing/hauling
>>
>>25473554
Can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather have a couple beautifully maintained or restored classics than a new car.
>>
>>25473621
Allowing natural reproduction is not mindless overconsumption - if you can’t tell the difference between a fulfilling your child’s nessecities for survival and a $300,000 vehicle, you’ve been truly boomerized
>>
i've never paid more than 10k for a vehicle and i own a home with acreage oceanside
>>
>>25473704
Shhhh, we finally live in an age where the vapid retards with no care for the future are self-euthanizing their bloodlines from the gene pool. If someone values their funkopops over raising children, they shouldn't be having kids. Just let it ride.
>>
>>25473704
Read the post you are replying to before you respond
>>25473708
>no care for the future
This is very ironic, because it seems that a lot of people who want children never consider the future. They simply think "It's my biological imperative so clearly it's a smart decision."
The poorest of the poor, and richest of the rich, all have this same desire to reproduce, but having millions of babies that need government assistance to survive is BAD for our future.

I agree with you that, people should do as they please (without harming others)
>>
>>25473621
>I'm a mindless consoomer so any hypothetical child I have would be a mindless consoomer too
Anon I fully support your decision to never have children.
>>
>>25473745
i'm struggling with this
despite a rough start i've managed to eke out a decent comfortable life for myself and while i love children and would love to raise one or two to be functional adults it terrifies me to bring them into this disgusting and cruel world
i'm thinking of doing the foster/ adoption route but having the government that much in my business also terrifies me
so ill probably just remain childless until i die
>>
>>25473754
If you're children are born with FAS as severe as yours, then I wholeheartedly support your decision to have them.
>>
>>25473766
If having a child will make you happy, and you objectively have the means to properly raise the child then go for it.
I understand your fear for your child's future. It's a good sign that you think this way, and are not mindlessly set on having a kid just because you want one. People I know share this fear as well.
Over a very long period of time, cost increases have outpaced wage increases making it harder and harder for people to be financially secure. There is no sign of this stopping anytime soon.
Nobody can predict the future. Maybe it does get better at the perfect time that you so happen to have children. Maybe it doesn't.
>>
>>25473702
I used to think this way until I made it. Now I’ve got a nice mustang gt, a nice truck, my favorite old shitbox, a dirtbike and a quad. Why wouldn’t I? Am I supposed to just stack up money to say I have it? I’m still saving way more money now than I ever have before, and have built up huge home equity. I run my own business and am enjoying the fruits of my labor.
I still wouldn’t spend 70k on a Tahoe though, they’re just kinda gay
>>
>>25473788
i don't know if having a child will make me happy
i didn't have a great childhood myself so i'm definitely afraid of repeating those patterns
the idea of raising a happy functional person who will love and care for me while i get old and die is appealing
the possibility of raising a hostile incel loser who lives in my basement and leaches of of me while a decay is not
>>
>>25473464
Debtslavery. Just pay $400 a month for a car forever. Normies always did this. It's why everything you will own you will rent. Its why you will own nothing and be happy. Normies already own nothing and are happy. If they can park it in their driveway then they own. A title is just a piece of paperwork the bank has for safe keeping for some reason. It's why they vehicles were lined up for handouts during the covid lockdowns. They live paycheck to paycheck and when they stopped everything went to zero instantly.
>>
>>25473510
>t.debtgolem
>>
>>25473789
>Am I supposed to just stack up money
Yes. You need 6-12 months of mortgage payments, utilities ect in the case you lose your made it job and are unemployed for that one or have to step down in pay significantly.
>but why would I lose my job
Idk go ask the people that survived the great depression or 2008. That shit is about to kick off again. Get ready for it. Don't be leveraged. Have a large cash emergency fund. Unironically have beans and rice in the basement. This is normally schitzo tier but they left keeps signaling about food shortages, lab grown food and famine. They ALWAYS signal what they do before they do it. ALWAYS. If you haven't seen this pattern yet idk what to tell you
>>
>>25473842
>Yes. You need 6-12 months of mortgage payments, utilities ect in the case you lose your made it job and are unemployed for that one or have to step down in pay significantly.
Funny how real wages have been going down for years but you're expected to have 6-12 months of expenses ready in case some shit happens. Meanwhile big companies making more than they ever have YoY go bankrupt in 3 weeks of a shutdown happening because they can't sell shitty products to consumers.
>>
>>25473819
>Normies always did this
It's true, my grandfather got my dad a house and he sold it for a truck to get in debt (that he's still in 25 years later) for a different house and he bitches about me not moving out when the rent here exceeds the price of his mortgage and he never rented because his parents bought him a house to move into.
>>
>>25473788
>>25473789
>>25473805
If you had a bad childhood then you should have a good idea of the behaviors and actions that you need to avoid with your own children.
Barring some external trauma or congenital issue it's remarkably hard to fuck up children. This should be pretty obvious from the perspective of evolution. Just remain calm and level-headed, make decisions based on doing the right thing and what's best for your family. That's all you have to do.
>it terrifies me to bring them into this disgusting and cruel world
Unironically move out to the smallest town you can find work in, or better yet just start homesteading and homeschooling. People aren't the problem, it's the elite class who herd people into degenerate cities for their own benefit. This was true 7,000 years ago and it's true today.
>>
I suspect many people buying these expensive SUVs are married couples
It's a bit easier to absorb those huge payments if you have a dual income. (most of us do not)
>>
>>25473845
>it's le epic evil capitalism meme
I guarantee you I could get you 6 to 12 months of expenses saved up in 24 months of work. Stop being a victim, if you're so enlightened that you know exactly how the man fucks you over then you ought to know enough to be able to use it to your advantage.
>>
They don't.

Now that goyim nigger cattle are willing to take 30 year loans on a fucking truck, the car manufacturers are happy to oblige them and jack up the prices and offer higher term loans.

retards don't care about how expensive the car is with interest, all they care about is
>muh monthly payment
Even if the car is 200,000 as long as
>muh monthly payment
Is 500 bucks, it doesn't matter even if you'll be working that debt off waging for shlomo for the next 40 years of your life
>>
>>25473842
>6-12 months of money
What if I told you I have that? I also have assets owned outright to sell off if necessary. But then again I suppose I’m atypical compared to the average slob that doesn’t even have 1000 bucks in the bank even if they are making good money.
>>
>>25473899
>the average slob that doesn’t even have 1000 bucks in the bank
I hear these sort of things all the time. That the average american has a negative net worth, or anything basically saying that the average American is poor as fuck.
Then why do I have such a hard time spending my money? Are they THAT retarded, or am I being extremely Jewish?
I'm 24, make 55k after tax, and have 50k saved up. Living at home (no expenses).
>>
>>25473908
You sound like the sort who refuses to finance anything so you probably have a shit credit score
>>
>>25473908
They are that retarded. The average normie blows an immense amount of money on retard shit that is fleeting, like paying 100+tip for a meal and drinks that just gets turned into a turd and a long piss. That’s fine once in a while for social purposes but I know people that do that at least weekly. They’ll go sign for a zero down loan while carrying thousands in credit card debt. They never pay anything off. They buy high and sell low because all they do is follow others.
However you making 55k while living at home with no expenses of course makes it much easier to save money.
>>
>>25473937
>You need to finance to have a good credit score
Currently 778 with only a credit card. You are probably poor, and definitely retarded.
>>25473941
Yea, the normals spend way too much. I have a reputation among my friend of being very cheap.
You're right, I'm in a good spot to save money, but at what point can I spend it? I want to save for a house, and have a good amount in investments, but that seems like a goal I wont achieve for another decade. I want to enjoy nice things while I'm young. No point in nice things when you're 60 years old and can't enjoy them.
If you don't have the answers, where can I look to find them?
>>
>>25473908
Some people are just shit with money to varying degrees. I have a friend who also works and lives at home with no expenses. He's not taking advantage of it like you and instead buys stupid shit. Has a $5k+ watch, just bought $1,500 headphones, has spent over $1,000 on fucking CS GO skins, eats out all the time, bought a new GPU when prices were sky high. He is at least smart enough to not buy a new car.
>>
>>25473908
People are retarded and young people generally find it easier to save. Buy a boat, car and a huge house; insurances, upkeep and the passive desire to have more will eat that income.
>>
>>25473555
>tfw gf is infertile and doesn’t want kids
>tfw I told her I never wanted to get married and explained the legal and financial complications
>tfw she agrees to never get legally married if I’m willing to have a small get together with our families and announce a “lifetime partnership”
I fuckin killed it boys
>>
>>25474005
Good job anon. Better hope you kick it in a fiery auto accident before making it to old enough age to be abused by niggers in the old folks home.
>>
>>25473510
>Piss broke people don't get approve for $75000
Lol tell that to Dodge dealershits that approve $60K+ 96/mo. 25% APR Loans for Tyrone on a Charger Hellcat
>>
>>25473464
They only care about the monthly payments.
>>
>>25473976
778 is not a credit score to brag about
>>
>>25473842
Cool, I have both that and enough money to pay off the car right the fuck now if it really is 2008 all over again
>>
>>25474029
Wasn't bragging. You thought I had a a shit credit score, so I told you it wasn't shit.
>>
>>25474029
Ok motherfucker, so when is it? Because that's pretty fucking close to 800, the highest you can even go from there is 850, most people can't even maintain above 750 and you're armchair financial advisor ass is sitting here telling us 778 is bad, mind you, mine's even higher than that.
>>
>>25473642
>>25473666

I'm assuming that probably doesn't include property taxes?
Ik states like texas and new hampshire really get you there
>>
>>25473766
If the world is so terrible and not worth living in then kys already
>>
>>25474043
under 800 is missed payments and/or over saturated credit
>>
>>25474079
when did i say the world was terrible and not worth living in?
>>
>>25474094
or just a short length of credit
>>
>>25474096
>it terrifies me to bring them into this disgusting and cruel world
>>
>>25474106
that's not something to brag about
>>
File: desmond.gif (537 KB, 500x280)
537 KB
537 KB GIF
>>25474110
>>
>>25474109
those words don't mean terrible and not worth living in to me
but yeah shitters like you telling people to kill themselves for being cautiously skeptical of the future make me think this isn't an ideal world to procreate in
>>
>>25473464
one thing I assume, and this is from seeing how some of my more rural friends live, the cost of housing in more rural areas is fairly cheaper than being in suburbs near cities or in city's. I think some, but not all, use this savings for more expensive car purchases, rather than more expensive real estate. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but a measurable amount of people.
>>
Just another example of how shit this board is. Just constantly filled with wagies in shithole towns seething at anyone driving a car that isn't older than they are.
>>
>>25474140
are you a sales manager for big car?
>>
>>25474123
You made it in this world but you think your kids will be too weak to handle it?
>>
>>25474144
Nope. Sr. Product Manager in tech.
>>
>>25474147
>the guy who puts nannies and infotainment into cars
I have no nice words for you
>>
>>25473469
No, they likely lease and game the tax writeoffs so they get a brand new audi / benz whatever every 2-3 years. most of the super rich people i know just lease and essentially get the car for free with taxes, job benefits etc.
>>
>>25474152
Tech is in industry. I don't work in automotive you mutt.
>>
>>25474146
i don't feel the need to create a life that needs to "handle" the world
>>
>>25474094
Never missed a single payment, not am I over leveraged no any loans of which there's only two with 4 figure balances each, try again
>>
>>25474175
keep going
eventually you'll be at a brag worthy place
>>
>>25474175
mine is like 800something, and it has been like forever. I've had a car on my credit for a while, but nothing else. i didnt have any credit cards at all though, i opened one recently just to use for my normal spending to get rewards on groceries / gas and hold zero balance.
>>
>>25474186
there's literally no credit score worth bragging over.
>>
>>25474190
especially not one under 800
>>
>>25474189
Yes, but the point still stands from before, you're project the mere action of someone staying their credit score as a form of bragging onto others for some reason, at the end of the day, it's just good goy points and I could care less as long as I'm able to fulfill my financial obligations that I AGREED to.
>>
>>25474186
You’re a tard. Nobody really gives a shit if you are at a 775 or an 800+. Those are both good credit scores and show that you repay your loans on time. Mine hovers around 800, but has jumped to 820 at times and dropped down to 780 without anything of note changing. Also, who brags over a fuckin credit score? Maybe if you used to have a 500 and salvaged your score up to the 700s you might brag over that a little, but nobody really cares.
>>
>>25474202
>Also, who brags over a fuckin credit score?
literally you
that's why i'm asking you to stop because it's not even that good
>>
>>25474207
>I'm a better shabbos goy than you!!

The Stockholm is real with this one
>>
>>25474207
I’m not bragging I’m just making a statement, once you’re over about 750 you’re in the top tier for getting loans, which is the point of a credit score. Jesus your pride will be really crushed when you check your score some day and it’s 799 won’t it?
>>
>>25474211
i have a 0 credit score
>>
>>25473527
As an owner of a car with 220k miles and one with 2k, it seems to me you just don’t know how to take care of your vehicles. If your paint doesn’t shine after a few 10k miles then it is because you don’t know how to wash/wax your car properly.
Do you eat in your car? Have you ever heard of a vacuum?
>>
>>25474016
Why would you even want to be alive after 80?

My plan is to retire at 55, which no kids and a good job will allow me to do. I'm also not cucked between now and then making enough money to have some fun while I'm young. Plus, boomers and every generation after have decided "FUCK my children, my money/environment/lifestyle is mine and I will continue to abuse anything I want even at the expense of my children". I wouldn't expect my theoretical kids to give a flying fuck about me when I'm in a home, since very few people deserve the help after the life they've led.
>>
>>25474023
Correct.
I figured $300 a mo for 3y was acceptable for a car I'm going to keep for +500k miles
>>
>>25473510
cash poor people get approved for loans wayyy more than 75k all the time

t. work at wells fargo
>>
>>25473687
tahoe/escalade says "white trash with some money" to me
>>
truly wealthy people (not Jimbob who made some money in the oil fields for a few years) would never step foot in a GM dealership, let alone be seen driving onr

go see what people in super wealthy parts of NY/NJ/CT drive. Range Rovers, LC/LX, X7, Mercedes, Audi Q7
>>
>>25473687
>>
>>25473510
This entire board is filled with coping poorfags, they're beyond salvation
>>
>>25474527
Cope. Not in Dallas. In the richest areas white millionaire families are driving these to private school, lacrosse practice and country clubs
>>
>>25473510
Piss broke people are driving shitbox old cars and living in apartments. But to o, all the people living in mansions and driving 2022 SUVs are poor aCtUaLlY

imagine being a broke loser and thinking you have anything figured out let alone personal finance kek

Rich people wouldn’t be caught dead in a shitty old car. Spare me the one boomer you know who drove an old car for 50 years. The OVERWHELMINGLY majority of upper middle class and rich are driving new vehicles. Life is short and they care about appearances and status. You know, like a winner
>>
>>25474140
It’s not just o. I see the same on some parenting forums in the major city I live in. The same tropes about how everyone in a nicer car, nicer neighborhood, private school vs their retarded spawn in public, and nicer family vacations MUST be up to their eyeballs in debt. It’s hilarious how these yentas seethe.

The absolute funniest is when the topic of vacation (second) homes comes up and the seething losers become “experts” that a second home is a waste of money. The same second home that has passively made anyone who owned one at least $250,000+ over the last 24 months
>>
>>25474685
Whatever you say, debt Jew.

I bet my net worth is more than yours, I just don't like pissing away money needlessly.
>>
>>25474843
sure thing larper
>>
>>25474719
Tell that to middle eastern millionaires that daily a beat to shit car while also maintaining a supercar collection, it's like you know nothing of this world or something.
>>
>>25474937
they daily new SUVs
>>
>>25474094
Do amerigolems really brag about their goyscore?
>>
>>25473464

They are in massive debt. I'm 33 and make about 50 grand a year. Not a lot of money but I'm not married and don't have kids. Most of my friends with spouses and kids make around the same amount of money but have much nicer possessions than me. Which always confused me until I started asking them how they can afford these things. They can't. They all make the minimum payment on their credit cards each month and hope nothing unforseen happens that will put them even further into debt.

If you actually talk to the people who own these vehicles, you'll get the same answer I did. People love to buy shit they can't afford.
>>
>>25473464
There's a reason realtors stereotype and landlords won't rent to deadbeats with shitty used cars. Maybe 1 in 100 wealthy people drive something old and modest but 99% of rich are driving something nice. The "worst" car rich boomers drive is like a $35,000 new loaded Mini Cooper or $45,000 new Jeep Wrangler Sahara when the kids all move out and are in college.

I grabbed a coffee this morning at the coffee shop in the rich suburb I live in and all the cars out front were brand new luxury SUVs, Teslas, and a couple of new sports cars e.g. 911, Bimmers, Merc SL. But to /o/, all of those people are bankrupt frauds kek

Yeah... frauds or... get this... they make a few thousand bucks a day 5 days a week and don't give a flying fuck about one or two $1,000 month car notes. And if you had a trade-in, it's not like you're ever financing the full amount of the new car. If you trade in your 2019 Tahoe for a 2022 your note is much lower than MSRP, obviously
>>
>>25474986
A lot of millenials and gen Xers in the 30 to 55 age range are waiting for parents and grandparents to croak if they haven't already received some inheritance which affords them a lifestyle you don't think they can afford. One of my middle class buddies had a grandpa croak recently and he got $300,000 cash. So many "middle class" people have stealth millionaire parents and grandparents, especially when you consider the AVERAGE house in the US is over $400,000. Millions of boomers have main homes and vacation homes, that's well north of million in real estate alone.
>>
>>25474986
Or perhaps they have real jobs.
>>
>>25474937
All of the wealthy middle eastern doctors I know live in huge mansions and drive luxury cars. MAYBE they drive something modest to the office. Maybe. But the wife and kids all drive luxury. And the kids play patrician sports like tennis and golf
>>
>>25474538
I'm in a wealthy Washington DC suburb and there's a shit ton of new Yukon and Tahoes. Especially in rich Catholic school pickup lines
>>
>>25475092
t. lives in Woodbridge
>>
>>25475095
McLean, Va
>>
>>25475105
I see you glowie.
>>
>>25474412
No shit huh? I’ve got two cars at about 40k that look new inside and out, and a 22 year old Mercedes with 154k on it that is in great condition and still extremely clean. If these fags are so wealthy they can afford a detailer. It’s easy for me though, I’m not a slob
>>
>>25473469
Cope. The worst car you see in rich suburbs where houses all go for at least a million dollars is like a Model 3. The worst car you see in an apartment complex in a blue collar suburb is some rust bucket meth addict special.
>>
>>25473471
No, you roll in equity from the trade-in and since you're a white collar professional, who owns a home and has a stable career, you get 0% financing for 36 to 60 months. But you wouldn't know what that's like because you're a deadbeat piker loser who just runs his mouth and has his eyes on other people's pockets.
>>
>>25475056
the op was not about richfags, he was asking how random middle class peoples could afford such cars
the answer is overwhelming debts
>>
>>25473464
Only buy the base model of any car
Checkem
>>
>>25473464
Are are 20 million people in the US with a net worth of a million dollars. That's market, it's all poor people like reddit keeps telling you.
>>
>>25475095
>woodbridge
You remind me of a quick story
>move to nova for work
>date a girl that lives in woodbridge
>she calls it hoodbrige but I don't believe her because she's a white girl from a decent family
>I start taking mma lessons in chantilly
>coach is a mini-mr. t gruff motherfucker
>someone references giving a handgun in a paper bag
>he says that'd happen down in hoodbridge
>it was then I believed her
>>
>>25474708
I don't give a fuck. No one does. I know they aren't happy. The secret is out, the jig is up
>>
>>25473464
(((Financing))) for longer terms. Average new car loan is now 65 months. Roll in some equity from a trade-in, add a downpayment, and you're probably below $1k/mo payment. Say your household income is $100k/yr, which is usually doable if both parents work, and voila you can afford a $75,000 car depending on what your budget is along with some dumbass mortgage. The funny part is walking into these peoples' homes and hearing the echo because they can't afford any furniture because they're cash-poor and they can't finance furniture because they're maxed out already.

Me personally I wouldn't do it, but I fucking hate debt, banks, and especially Jews so to each their own. I will say that the wealthiest people I know (I'm talking about generational wealth, family offices, and a quarter of the commercial real estate in a major US city) drive Tahoes/Suburbans/F150's etc. so there is a big disparity with these kinds of cars.
>>
>>25473766
this is unironically what the deep state wants, your demographic replacement will be absolute due to this
>>
>>25473527
>t. bare minimum maint fucker
>captcha: GGG2G
>>
>>25473484
That is only 63k
>>
>>25473555
>key to wellness is to not have kids
Lmfao, kids are an investment, new shit is an expense. Learn2live faggot
>>
>have no kids goy

I wonder (((who))) is behind these posts.
>>
>>25475249
>I will say that the wealthiest people I know (I'm talking about generational wealth, family offices, and a quarter of the commercial real estate in a major US city) drive Tahoes/Suburbans/F150's etc. so there is a big disparity with these kinds of cars.
That is very true. But far more often than not it's not broke people going out and leasing or buying a brand new 2022 Yukon, Suburban, Jeep Wagoneer, top spec F-150. They're not even flashy cars that attract car rich losers without a pot to piss in. Big GM, Ford and Jeep trucks are bought by white collar professional people with kids (or grandkids), who play sports and tow things like jet skis, boat, camper, 4-wheelers, horses
>>
>>25473623

that is living the dream
>>
>>25473510
>Piss broke people don’t get approved for a $75,000 loan or lease
You clearly know nothing about finance lmao, lending piss poor people enormous amounts of money is what our economy is built on.
>>
>>25475092
>Yukon and Tahoes. Especially in rich Catholic school pickup lines
Checks out, went to a private Christian school, every third car in the pickup lane was an Escalade
>>
>>25474708
>dallas

like i said, white trash
>>
>>25475753
must be "new" money, the Escalade is considered very tacky

t. somerset hills area if NJ
>>
>>25473475
Not to mention the new wave of cuck power plants. A 1.3l turbo spinning at 12,00 rpm to make a whole 160 hp WOW!
>>
>>25473539
Big simp energy here.
>>
>>25473628
You're literally going to die alone with no loved ones around you and no offspring to enjoy raising and watching grow...... Because your dad fucked up in the past. Yikes.
>>
>>25473464
You shouldn't be buying a Tahoe that isn't a GMT800/900 anyway
>>
File: 1652503398222.png (156 KB, 1314x672)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>25473484
This. It is well known the new generations only focus on getting the payments down. The only thing they care about is how much debt they can service.

>Cope.
Keep pretending that the America economy is as healthy as you think it is. HELOC is the new name of the game.
>>
>>25477079
The newest Escalade is not tacky. If you have a few kids and especially if you have a boat or horses to tow, it doesn't get much better. Although I do agree the "murdered out" Sport (?) specs are tacky
>>
>>25477192
>>
>>25475749
You're right, dipshit. The avg person getting a loan/lease on a $75K new car is piss poor, actually...... but the average meth addict retard apartment dweller in an old shitbox is actually smart and rich!! imagine being this dumb because you seethe with envy at all the expensive new cars and trucks you see at every stop light and parking lot
>>
>>25477197
Not that I don't like the Escalade, I just don't get who buys this for $90K-100K when you can buy the all new 5th gen Range Rover for the same? I mean if you're going to that whole "showy" vibe, the Range stomps on the Escalade.
>>
>>25477222
Modern Range Rovers look very bland and basic. I own one and literally no one knows its expensive (mind you I don't care I got a great deal and wanted the 4x4). The escalade LOOK expensive and big.
When my wife first say in the Rover she actually said she liked Cherokee better lol.
>>
>>25477253
This is true.
As someone who only got into cars recently as a mid life crisis, when I used to see Range Rovers they just looked like any other SUV to me.

Blew my mind when I started researching them for a new car and how expensive they were.
>>
>>25473555
fuck off kike. white people should be getting married and having as many kids as possible.
>>
File: 1580622716051.webm (2.82 MB, 1000x1776)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>25477306
> tfw pure white boded western European,
> tfwt 2 great uncles fighting Russia in 1942
> tfw never having kids because I'm too fucking autistic to even imagine myself in a relationship
I guess it's all just for nothing
>>
>>25473628
lol how long till you pretend the SIMs characterless are your kids?
>>
>>25473464
Do most people even need a car as big as a Tahoe?
>>
>>25477644
I have two large dogs, my son and wife. In my rover with the stroller, kid seat, couple bags, dogs, dog food, and just stuff like toys or whatever I run out of room fast. Im not saying I can't cram it in to something smaller. But why be cramped and uncomfortable every weekend when you could just get something bigger? My parents had sedans and three kids growing up and every trip was uncomfortable and terrible. Then my mom got a Caravan and everything was much nicer.
>>
>>25477644
Moms with 2 or 3 kids and a dog -- or 2 or 3 kids plus car pools to school or sports practices. it's easy to fill up these rigs
>>
>>25477222
Ranger Rovers are modern shitboxes at this point. Even if everything's under warranty, new car buyers and leasers get tired of their shit being in the shop every month
>>
>>25477159
What's the problem? It's literally free money since your house is an asset. I did the same to pay myself through school
>>
>>25477769
I'm at 55k miles and have had literally ONE small issue of the mirror select button getting stuck a couple times. That's it.
>>
>>25477771
>just keep paying massive interest for decades that will cost you 5x what you got up front
Unless you plan on making 5x the money you got out from the refi, you're still going to end up behind.
>>
File: 1639809171939.png (2 KB, 441x48)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>25477799
What massive interest rate?
>>
>>25477799
>>25477159
lmao coping rentcuck
enjoy never having any assets of your own
>>
>>25473464
They're not spending $75k on a family car. They're spending $500/mo on a lease and possibly writing most of it off on taxes. The same goes for the ultra expensive luxury trim trucks. Dealers love leases because they have a low mileage 4 year old car after that they can finance out to *ahem* certain individuals at 20%.
>>
I make between $270-300k per year. My fiancée makes another $100k. We have one car I bought for $1,800, a 1998 Volvo wagon. Feels good, but sometimes I do feel like going big and buying something fancy.
>>
Pol is full of seething retards. There are literally 140,000 Americans who earn >$1.58M annually. Literally MILLIONS of Americans make $500K+ a year. Everyone with a nicer car than you isn't secretly broke, they simply make more than you. Get off your ass and go work. If you're a single man with no kids why aren't you working 80 hours a week? A real job and you could stock shelves at Kroger or Walmart at night. Stack some chips, invest. Instead you seethe and piss away your life on nothing and pretend you're smart and everyone else is dumb. Deluded dipshits
>>
>>25477222
That new gen Range Rover has a literal 2-3 year waiting list. If you want one this summer you'll have to pay like literally $75K over MSRP
>>
File: not poor.jpg (267 KB, 2069x1001)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>25474962
unironically yes.
>>
>>25479049
Working 80 hours a week for what? What would i even spend $500k on if i have to work 80 hours a week for it? Sounds like a shit life.
>>
>>25479170
Build as much wealth as possible while you're young and capable so you can retire early.
>>
>>25477644
I thought those huge suvs were silly till I rode in my dads.
being 6'1 and comfy in either rear rows is nice.
>>
>>25474962
they do and they have apps to look at it
>>
>>25477662
>>25477763
Hmm. What's the best full size SUV or the best vehicle in Tahoe's class?
>>
>>25479308
A crew cab pickup with a topper over the bed.
>>
>>25479131
>poorfags /o/tists actually believe this
The absolute state of this board
>>
>>25479131
absolutely based
>>
>covid food bank lines
>all cars are new
financing is a drug
>>
>>25473464
Taking out a loan against their already mortgaged property, duh.
>>
>>25473555
>one kid costs 200k to raise
>do it properly and they will look after you for 20 years in retirement, saving millions in funding your own retirement
gg
>>
ITT the worst of America. You're a decaying empire, and spiritually broken.
>>
>>25479049
>1% of American households make 500k/yr.
And? Most of that 1% aren't buying 75 grand cars every single year either, so they clearly aren't supporting the market on their own.
>>
>>25473464
Ever since covid came through a lot of companies are offering unlimited overtime because they are so short staffed. The same goes for the government. You have a shitload of people who cleared $150k in overtime in the past 2 years sitting on that money so they just said "fuck it" and bought a truck. Hell right now you have city bus drivers pulling 80-100k in OT due to shortages.
>>
>>25473485
that's double my mortgage. people really are retarded
>>
>>25474146
they will be with him as a father figure, lol
>>
>>25482556
That's because you live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>25482570
and I'm happy here.
if you enjoy that hustle and bustle and part and parcel of a big city, more power to you.
that life's not for me.
>>
>>25479720
Shit it's been this way since way before covid. I remember 10 years ago there was a food bank near where I lived, you constantly saw nice new/newer vehicles there
>>
>>25482593
>drive past single family homes
>well-kept used cars, the occasional new car but nothing flashy
>drive past trailer park
>new SUVs on custom wheels, rough condition 10-15 year old top-trim BMWs and Mercs
>>
>>25482585
City cucks can't fathom this. I live in a small town, about 40 miles from a town of roughly 100,000. There's about 7k people here and its surrounded by mountains and rangeland. It's fucking nice. Everything I really need is nearby, I have a nice size house with a big yard and a big garage, a big driveway on a cul-de-sac, all my neighbors are cool, there's no blacks, no crime, traffic is tolerable, there aren't smug faggots riding bicycles everywhere in the middle of the road, there's places to shoot guns and ride dirtbikes/atvs nearby, property taxes aren't a fortune, 4th of July is still a big party with no handwringing over loud noises or fire danger, the rest of the year it's quiet and peaceful.
>>
sheesh. there's seething from all sides in this thread
>>
>>25477090
This unironically sounds fun to me

>>25479191
This is what 40 year olds say when they acted like fuckheads in their 20s and assume you're as stupid as they are. Just make sure you're financially literate and hitting your retirement goals, then have fun. Just make enough to do both, not everyone with a new car is paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>25477090
What are you talking about? We live in an age of horsepower like never before. a 1.3L turbo spinning 12000 RPM sounds kinda like the old Mazda rotary of years ago.
Compare a 5.0 Mustang of today and a 5.0 of 1990. 460-480 HP vs 210 or so. Compare a 2.0 turbo Accord making 270 or whatever to a 1990 Accord. A new Chevy 5.3 Silverado making 360 vs a 1988 K1500 5.7 at 200.
You fags are just bitching to bitch, cause you're poor and miserable
>>
>>25475326
>wot is a downpayment
>>
>>25473555
Correct
>>
>>25473464
There was a massive transfer of wealth, anyone that held onto assets like real estate, land and stocks throughout covid doubled their money, meanwhile the plebs got fucked on inflation. America is literally becoming Brazil at this rate.
>>
>>25482605
I'm in pretty much the same situation except the town of 7k people is 20 miles away and my town is about 700. Most of the roads in the county are ATV trails.
>>
>>25474053
Texas burgerland here, property tax is a total bitch.
>doesn't matter when it becomes another rental property
>>
>spend 2 hours a day in the car 5 days a week commuting to job
>spend another 5 hours in the car every weekend doing various chores and errands

Just buy the comfiest car you can get. You don't even really need a house any more. It's just a place to sleep and keep your stuff.

t. driving a $92,000 suv, living in a trailer
>>
>>25473464
>How do so many people have $75,000+ to spend on a family car?

idk how people afford shit. I am 34 single male that makes low 6 figures and I am pretty frugal. I but a used acura for 6,800 because a 30k+ car payment sounds gay as shit.
>>
>>25473469
People with six figured savings will buy a 75k car with financing, mate.
>>
>>25473485
Okay? A house worth a million dollars with 25 year mortage at 2% at 10% down payment has a monthly payment of 3 815 dollars. You think people in that position care if they pay 500 or 700 a month for car?

> But its economically irresponsible
So is driving a Ford Fusion instead of a Kia Optima.
>>
>>25473555
Spics shit out kids on toliet cleaning wages
>>
>>25475249
>voila
>>
>>25483165
what do you even spend your money on
normies who make low 6 figures constantly take $5k vacations and spend 1000s on furniture
the i cant afford $600/month on /o/ is a strong poorfag tell
>>
>>25474962
yeah you need one to be able to buy a house
you know, a real asset. unless you plan on coming up with 300k cash or something
youll never buy a house without financing cars first
>>
File: 1651704905100.jpg (923 KB, 2400x1080)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>>25482692
The new Mustang makes 500 hp and has fully independent suspension.I just went from a Miata to a C6 so I speak from experience. Trust me gobs of low end torque beat moderate amounts of high end hp. 70 mph at 1500 rpm is kino af. Don't get me wrong I still love my Miata but trying to say it is "just as good" is cope on a rope.
>>
>>25485065
A lot of normies who make low 6 figures also constantly bitch about living pay check to pay check.
>>
>>25482977
This. Poor fags are legit clueless and delusional. Everyone isn’t poor you dipshits, YOU ARE POOR.
>>
>>25479885
There are a fuck ton of complete idiot couples who make $200k 300k even $400k HHI. Plus home appreciation, plus inheritance from dying parents and grandparents. It’s not hard to buy or lease a fucking new Chevy Tahoe for fuck’s sake. It’s maybe hard to buy a $5 million ski house in Vail. It’s hard to have 2 or 3 kids in private school at at least $10k each annually
>>
>>25473464
>How do so many people have $75,000+ to spend on a family car?
They dont, they are extremly overleveraged and have 9% loans out
>>
>>25482977
>all those retards who waited for housing to crash so they could buy cheap
>>
>>25477306
don't you have a Tops to shoot up?
>>
>>25486087
It is cope, my point exactly. All these faggots talking shit on modern power plants know nothing. I’ve got an F150 in the driveway that can smoke nearly all of the jap shitboxes from the 90s that /o/ abuses their penis over, it gets great mileage for a truck too. The twin turbo engine has been around for a long time now and has proven dependable. It pulls hard from very low RPM and does everything I want it to.
Also I’ve got a 5.0 Coyote Mustang sitting out there that revs to 7k RPM and still makes good power at 1500 for just cruising around. It’s absurdly fun to drive.
Seethe, cope, dialate, and join the 46 percent by kys as soon as possible, you incredibly broke useless faggots that hate on anything nicer than the 89 Prelude you inherited from uncle Mike when he went to the state pen for touching your little sister’s special no no place
>>
>>25473464
They don't, most of these cunts are on 84+ month loans with 600+ monthly payments.
>>
>>25486964
Wrong. Most of these are leased if they're new. The you know who's are buying them CPO and financing them for 120 months. A lease payment is half of what a finance payment is and you get a new one every 2-4 years so your wife will always be winning the pissing match at the spin studio.
>>
>>25478293
>having assets of your own
>keeps leveraging the property value for more loans
>always in debt
>never out of debt
>but I’m smart, the money is working for me
>owning assets
you don’t own it, the bank does. if you live in a place with property taxes, then the state owns it after you pay the bank for the privilege of paying the state.
>>
>>25487281
>>25487281
t. basement dweller
>>
>>25473555
>$13k a year to raise a kid
If you cant afford this, youre just poor
>>
>>25475188

OK, now that you described land cruiser owners, go ahead and tell us how so many people afford 75k GMs.
>>
>>25474538
this guy gets it
>>
>>25487281
what do you own
>>
File: you.png (91 KB, 600x660)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>25474463
>I dont care about having kids that I'm going to proceed and write an entire paragraph about how much I dont care.
>>
>>25486186
Coping poorfag. Anyone who owned a house and any real estate in general the last few years had made hundreds of thousands of dollars. Anyone who owned a newer luxury SUV has been driving it for free. Meanwhile you coping poorfags own nothing.
>>
>>25489501
I have retarded white trash in-laws in flyover country who have $250K+ household incomes. That's a community college alum nurse wife and a dipshit city cop who live in a blue collar suburb. They can easily afford a new Tahoe and a new Silverado for hubby. I know completely retarded 22 y/o girls who "work from home" doing basically nothing all day for some corp and make $30 an hour plus full fringe benefits. That's $60K gross for complete idiot 22 y/o kids who "work" in their pajamas at the kitchen table. You poorfags need to get a real career going and stop seething at everyone doing better than you.
>>
>>25473464
Imagine being so poor, with credit so fucked up, you seethe with envy wondering how so many middle class schmucks can afford a new Chevy SUV. kek
>>
>>25473464
>>25473469
in 2004 a xlt expedition was 30k. now it is starts at 56k.

40k use to be high.
it fucking credit and more year paying it off
>3 now 4 now 5 now 6
>>
gm just gived 50 pices for free to ukraine
>>
>>25489876
Exactly
>>
>>25473464
>>25477197
I had no idea the average transaction price for the new Escalade is now over $100k. That's a truck I see a suspiciously large amount of. A Tahoe can be leased by flyover state middle class trash for $700 a month but to swing a $100k Escalade note, you have to make decent coin.
>>
>>25485080
thats weird, I'm under contract on a new house, never financed a car.

I guess I don't exist.
>>
>>25486511
Ford drivers amirite
>>
>>25491866
People are using their homes like credit cards and they've been getting a lot of equity to pull from in recent years.
>>
The amount of larping in this thread is off the charts.
>>
>>25491945
in the how much do you bench thread everyone on /o/ is a powerlifter. post house
>>
File: 1648419033199.jpg (82 KB, 900x601)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>25474719
>they care about appearances and status. You know, like a winner
Peak loser mindset.
>>
>>25492139
>Powerlifter
It's mostly people who are benching two plates or less. That's not even bordering on powerlifter tier.
>>
When I have a family I'll probably be that guy in the new Tahoe paying every month even though I know better. I grew up in old cars, the first time I sat in my friends brand new suburban was such an experience I can remember it vividly even though it's a completely mundane event. I want that for my kids
>>
Anyone can create an llc fake small business for like a $100 fee to the state and use a po box at a ups store. Most of these people with huge new rigs are using the curb weight tax loophole to write it off as a business expense. and a surprising number of middle managers get $500-1000 a month for vehicle allowance. why wouldn't you get the nicest rig you can if work is paying for it
>>
>>25474719
>Life is short and they care about appearances and status. You know, like a winner
lmao fucking what. rich people couldnt care less about making people know they're rich, because everyone already knows they're rich. And for a lot of them it's hard to make genuine friends who don't just want a slice of your pie. Also not sure if Bill Gates still drives his corolla lel.
>>
>>25474110
>im a boomer
congrats
>>
>>25485080
I financed a house without ever financing a car. I had a credit card that I never use for 2 years prior and my bank was very willing to lend.
>>
>>25479885
>1% of us households make >$500k
About 1,284,500 households in 2020, and they could be making a lot more than $500k. There's some serious money out there, just because you've never seen any of it doesn't mean it isn't real.
>>
>>25492587
>About 1,284,500 households in 2020
As of 2020, there were 128.45 million households in the US.
So 1%. What part of your post refutes any part of mine? Those million households aren't buying a new 75k car every year.
>>
>>25492621
>Those million households aren't buying a new 75k car every year
You're right, they're actually leasing them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.