[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DAlXvdoXsAA6hjp.jpg (52 KB, 640x640)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Now that millennials can say goodbye to the dream of owning a home, is vanlife the next best thing?
>>
File: Screenshot_254.png (789 KB, 608x933)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>>25469909
the absolute state of the Ameriaskrtcan economy
>>
>>25469917
I typed my capthca in the post again god fucking dammit
>>
>>25469917
>only pre processed food
not a single thing you could actually cook with
>>
>>25469909
"food"
>>
>>25469909
No, so stop asking. Fuck people trying to make cars into investments like houses..
>>
try posting some non romanticized photos of living in a fucking van you god damn bum.

> fucking reeks
> clostrophobic
> sand and dirt all inside the van
> attacked by homeless at 4am
> people think you're a fucking hobo
>>
File: dodgespicerskydeck.jpg (142 KB, 948x547)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>25469917
>6 different large bags of chips
>two family sized cereal boxes
>48 cans mnt dew
>20 cans sprite
Only four lunchables wtf? Those things are normally on sale for multiples.
Pic related was listed on craigslist nearby for years. Often dreamed of having an RV with a nice skydeck. Seems less depressing than regular setups.
>>
>>25469920
been therea8da0
>>
Don't forget to wash your fucking van!
I used to throw eggs at my grandad's one in his garden, and it went shitty green.
Rats got into it and ate a good portion of a stack of 60s marvel comics he owned.
He's a fucking idiot.
At least I got to keep the good ones.
>>
>>25469980
you sound like a cunt
>>
>>25469909
Can you come up with a new text already? If you bait do it in style ffs
>>
>>25469963
>Sand and dirt all inside the van
Who doesn't take their shoes off inside the van like a retard?
>>
>>25469997
we got ourselves a master baiter here
>>
>>25470006
even then, it's not like you have an opportunity to wash your feet every time you enter the van.
and even if you have, you slip once and it is like that fucking bag you took to the beach 3 years ago, except you have to live in it.
>>
Camper vans are more expensive than houses where I live.
If there's one thing that "there's no more deal these days" applies to it's those wanting the "Van life". Every over, priced
>>
>>25469909
>Can say goodbye to the dream of owning a home
Let me fix that real quick
>Can say goodbye to owning a home in a popular city full of amenities and unnecessary conveniences.
There is still a ton of cheap housing available but it isn't going to be within fucking walking distance to the nearest avocado toast parlor, planet fitness, and whole foods. Anything less is unacceptable to millennials and zoomers so with that mindset, I can see how one could come to that conclusion.
>>
>>25470052
>There is still a ton of cheap housing available

and it looks like this
>>
>>25470052
>owning a home in a popular city full of amenities and unnecessary conveniences
Houses in small towns cost more because those are the houses sane people want
>>
File: 1650398808794m.jpg (96 KB, 1024x581)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>25470106
The anon you replied to was right on all point. You all want a house at 5 minutes walk from a city center starbucks.
>>
>>25470140
That's a trailer
>>
>>25469963
>people think you're a fucking hobo
They are hobos, anon.

And OP, can we please stop having this thread every 10 days?
>>
>>25470151
Technically, plans for a trailer you are allowed to build there. I bet somewhere in that listing is the phrase "lot rent"
>>
>>25469917
How fucking fat is this person?
>>
>>25470157
what threat?
>>
>>25469917
>buys only snacks, soda, chips, cookies, cake, cereal and other snacks.
>no vegetables, no flour, no bread, no rice, no beans, fish, eggs, canned food, no milk, no cheese, instant soup, noodles, butter, no honey, no tea and no coffee.

Yep just another classic case of sheboon retardation.
>>
>>25470140
>buildable plan
>This is a floor plan you could choose to build within the community
also on website:
>starlight ranch
>an age qualified community
So if you spend $95,900, you can put a trailer on a lot that has age restrictions (55+) for residents. Oh, and there is a fee to keep the space. Usually termed a HOA fee, but usually closer to the price of rent.
>Buhhhh huhh but uhhhhhh 5 min starbux
Some people want to own a house when they buy a house. Not just have a rental spot to park a trailer they are required to also buy.
>>
>>25470201
who in their right mind would spend 100k to live in such a place?
>>
>>25469979
kek
>>
>>25470207
>who in their right mind would spend 100k to live in such a place?
People who can't sleep because the upstairs neighbors sound like they are operating a bowling facility, can't afford the "ah gnaw whyut ah gawt" boomer prices of a house, and would rather die than suffer with the "van lyfe" bullshit that kills your very soul.

Basically, a larger chunk of the population every day. Well, until the day of the pillow. After that, there will be no more population born after ww2 but alive in the 60's to continue destroying everything. We can then decide if this is how we want to continue to live.
>>
>>25470107
Except they aren't. Have you even looked at the market recently? Suburban housing is the second most expensive market next to urban.
>>
>>25470265
Well yes, the reason I'm gonna be moving out to the outskirts of Gent, Belgium is because I can't afford to move out to a small town next to Gent, Belgium. The closer you get to the city center the cheaper it gets. Which makes sense because who in their right mind would want to live there
>>
>>25469909
look ma i saged it again!
>>
File: 1652451005589.jpg (1.17 MB, 3200x1800)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Fuck the average vanlifer and fuck electric car mandates. With that out of the way, electric van living will become totally viable for average people within 10-20 years. You could live in the middle of nowhere, with cheap 4G internet, running roof solar panels to meet your low energy needs, charging the built in temperature managed battery. Fuck active safety requirements too, but that's actually a great feature when you're driving your home around. What we're seeing now is just the beginning of this revolution. Total independence from governments and megacorps. No eating bugs or living in pods.
>>
>>25470325
I hope in 10-20 years you will have a good life that allows you tu buy a real house :^)
>>
>>25470325
>bro im never gonna live in a pod!
>live in a van and shit in the woods
>>
>>25469909
They don't have the skills to buy an old house and repair it, but the dumb bastard's will have the skills to buy an old house ON WHEELS and repair it? Good fucking luck. Try not to hit anyone else when you die.
>>
How many times are we going to have this exact same thread?
>>
>>25469909
I'm honestly convinced these fucking threads are a psyop at this point
>>
>>25469909
Lol nope faggot Glowboy. Blackrock pulled out. Now is the time to buy.
>>
>>25469917
What kind of retard doesn't buy eggs, flour, milk, butter, etc and doesn't expect to cook anything?

Oh! I KNOW, I KNOW!

A NIGGER
>>
>>25469917
This person is either fat as fuck or black, guaranteed. Maybe both.
>>
>>25470325
>Total independence from governments and megacorps
those electric are gonna come pre-chiped, they're gonna know exactly where you are and exactly what you're doing in and around that thing, and they're gonna have a switch to shut it down any time
>>
>>25473140
This.
>BUT BRO, ITLL BE BETTER FOR CARBON EMISSIONS
Globohomo plans on eradicating us all, since humans ARE carbon emissions.
>>
>>25471257
Having a small space to learn electric/plumbing/wood work etc is actually pretty useful. Never did any plumbing before, pex is nice to work with. Did all my own wiring for 1.2kw of solar and 10kwh of battery and 120v. Never did woodworking before but i got a router and table saw and made some decent benches and did my own upholstery.
I would have never been able to buy a house and afford to do all of this for 15 grand. Now when i save enough money from not paying 800+ a month for rent in a few years, i can buy a fixer upper or get land and build my own and use the skills i learned.
>>
>>25471336
Modern media is all about making everyone upset and irrationally angry at all times so they seethe and strengthen the media's power. Most 'people' psyop themselves into cucking or feeding the cycle by thinking they're "winning" by owning the (insert group heres).
>>
>>25473140
>never connect car to internet or phone
>can't track shit
What's the problem
>>
>>25469909
In the future our children will talk about owning a van the same way we talk about owning a home
>>
>>25469917
>Dianna Hope
She doesn't sound quite hopeful
>>
>>25470174
>>25470196
>>25473136
>>25473139
Somehow she's neither, but she looks like a wigger so I suppose that counts for something
>>
>>25469917
>only buys brands instead of walmart shit
>>
Fuck off shill

>>>/out/
>>>/trv/
>>>/diy/
>>
stop listening to retarded boomers telling you home ownership is impossible
it's literally a psyop designed to destroy your will and confidence
>>
File: freehouse.jpg (170 KB, 1010x724)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>home ownership is too expensive!
>how can anyone expect to afford a home!!!??
Meanwhile on craigslist they literally GIVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE
God I hate lazy millennials
>>
>>25469909
does this girl have an onlyfans where she gets naked in public and fucks in her van?
>>
>>25473417
That's a man
>>
>>25473417
is he a prostitute?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.