[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Carvana has piles of these things at low mileage and I'm tempted to nab one for my next daily. They're all around 20-24k. Honestly it's not nearly enough car for the price but I need an actually good daily and I don't want to buy a god damn Fit or something.

Am I retarded?

>inb4 gay car
>>
>>25046139
That car is super gay. Just buy something cool off craigslist. Don't give your money to the dealer jew.
>>
>>25046152
this

but NPCs exist to get fleeced so
>>
>>25046139
don't the focus/fiesta dual clutches commit harry kitty pretty quickly?
>>
>>25046160
i was going to comment on this but looked at transmissions for ~2 years old STs and it looks like all of them were normal 6 speeds which is surprising
>>
>>25046160
I thought the manual was cool is was only the auto that was shit because the TCM shits out after like 50k miles
>>
>>25046177
manual might be fine, but if you're buying a used stick shift then budget in at least the cost to replace the clutch
especially if it's a low mileage vehicle - "eh, maybe this really isn't for my lifestyle" abuse is real
>>
>>25046139
I bought a 2014 focus st a week ago. Been having a blast with it so far. Didn't get the Recaro seats so can't speak on them. Stock turbo maxes out around 300 whp with a bigger intercooler.
>>
>>25046139
I had one. It was a great daily as long as you don't mind a firm suspension & short sidewalls and a spartan interior (I didn't mind). If you can, try both the recaro seats and the base seats. The recaros have pretty aggressive bolstering that some people love and some people dislike. Over the last 25 years, I've owned 17 cars, and the Fiesta ST was my favorite.
>They're all around 20-24k.
I paid $18k new for mine in 2018.
>>25046160
Fiesta ST didn't come with a dual clutch. They're manual only.
>>
before covid i bought a focus ST new (20k sticker after incentives, ford wanted them off the lot for cars that actually sell) for less money than people want for fiestas used nowadays, have since sold it
i'd say its an incredibly bad value, but the fiesta ST is a very fun car
for just a handful of dosh more you can get a brand new gr86, more power, better chassis, better drivetrain, better interior quality you name it, i'm not a fan of the 1.6 ecoboost. thats my suggestion but maybe you're set on used or fwd or something.
>>
>>25046139
Just save your pennies and get a focus ST. More power, more room, and a much nicer interior.
>>
i miss my fist but i probably wont buy another
>>
>>25046367
the focus also has more readily available engine swaps for when you blow the motor (all ecoboost are dogshit outside of v6 variants)
you can get a sub 10k mile 2.0 motor from a junkyard cmax or edge or fusion for less than 800 dollars, plug and play ready to swap with no modifications
>>
File: ba9.png (13 KB, 650x650)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>25046152
>Super Gay
>No LSD
>COMPLETELY OBLIERATES 1ST GEN 86/BRZ AND THE GAYIATA
>>
>>25046139
My buddy got one brand new, at 24k. He then spends another 6k upgrading the cooling system and tuning it. I drove it and it felt like a rocket, but that was because of the torque. We lined it up against my G35 coupe and it lost every time. My car costs a fourth of what he paid, has RWD, and is 10 years older
>>
>>25046367
When I bought one, the dealer was selling Focuses and Fiestas for roughly the same prices. Are Focuses more expensive than the Fiesta now?

I was trading in a Volvo V50 T5 that was starting to become unreliable. Driving a new Focus ST felt about the same as driving my 10 year old Volvo station wagon-- not any faster, not any nicer inside, not any more practical. It felt like a basically acceptable family car. I decided to give the Fiesta ST a drive, and I was immediately impressed by how fun it was to drive. I also liked the simple, bare-bones interior. So, I bought a Fiesta.

I think that in the future the Fiesta ST will be remembered as something special while the Focus ST will be remembered in the same way that people remember the Ford Contour SE V6 today.
>>
>>25046433
Focus is on average 1-3k more than it’s fiesta counterpart where I live. But then again I live in California and all the boi racers here won’t be seen in a fiesta, only a focus. Literally at every car meet a slightly modded focus draws a crowd while the fiesta goes ignored. Meme tax strikes again. That’s not to say the fiesta isn’t a good car, I just prefer the focus due to it having just a bit more features/room.
>>
The GT86 is RWD, looks way better, and doesn't need premium gas. Fiesta/Focus ST are neat but not for 20k. Jesus, they were like going for less than 15k a couple years ago. It's mostly about looks for me now though and those hatches are ugly as hell. Only car guys like them.
>>
>>25046464
Wow. I could imagine a crowd being attracted to a Focus RS, but the ST is basically just a warm family car. People's preferences/interests can be funny.
>>
>>25046139
I have one, and have had it for more than 8 years now. It's a fun car and it's been rock solid reliable but like the other anon said it's a pretty rough daily. I downsized my wheels to 16" with bigger sidewalls to make up the difference and it helped but it's still pretty hard to daily as a 35 year old ex-mechanic with a fucked up back and it's a big part of why I won't be keeping it much longer.

Paying 20+ for a used one seems a bit nuts to me, I paid like 21 for mine new and that was when they first came out in the US and had a bunch of hype going on.

>>25046316
fwiw the Recaros break in and loosen up over time. On the rare occasions that I've sat in my own passenger seat it always surprises me how tight it is compared to the driver, which fits me perfectly.

>>25046468
ST doesn't need premium gas either, 87 is the standard recommended grade for it, but the ECU is capable of adjusting timing to make about 10 more HP on premium. That's straight out of the owner's manual and not some forum lore bullshit either btw.
>>
>>25046139
>Not buying a base Corolla for $20K
>>
>>25046488
people go fanboy mode when the see a focus that's been slammed and has a body kit.
>>
>>25046345
but 86 are slow and gay
>>
>>25046160
The Ford automatics they put in their cars are ticking time bombs.
>>
used FoST off facebook
>>
>>25046345
You can't get a brand new 86 for just a little more though. You're going to get scammed into 35-40k at a dealer for those.
>>
a fit is way better than that hunka junk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.