[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Yellowstone Dually.jpg (54 KB, 960x483)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Ram trucks are used in every fucking shot in Yellowstone. Are they decent work trucks? I thought Ford was the defacto work truck. Do they use Rams because of the Cummin Engines?
>>
>>25046074
They use Rams because Chrysler puts them in the TV show.
>>
>>25046074
I was a ford guy my entire life until this year. Bought a 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel. It's the nicest fucking truck I've ever seen.
That being said, any of the major brands pickups in the year of our lord will do great for whatever you need them to do. All it really boils down to is features and aesthetics.
>>
Wait a minute? A television show is advertising a product?

Are you implying a company loaned vehicles to be displayed in a consumer media product?
>>
>>25046086
Well yeah but the Tundra is the best overall due to reliability.
>>
>>25046134
Source?
Tundras are gigantic pieces of shit made for people who hate buying American and don't actually need a truck.
>>
>>25046138
Scotty Kilmer and carcomplaints.com
>>
File: 1626968031406.jpg (70 KB, 883x881)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>25046142
Kek
>>
What does /o/ think of challengers and chargers? Thinking of getting a v8 version soon
>>
>>25046074
Every ranch is going to have at least one Cummins on it. "Buy a Cummins and get a free Dodge/RAM"
>>
>>25046200
I traded my widebody scat pack challenger in for the ram rebel I mentioned above.
They are fun as fuck, make sure you get the scat pack at a minimum and spring for the widebody if you can, changes the whole experience.
The 5.7s are alright but you'll constantly regret not getting one of the actually fun models.
Also, get one with the blind spot indicators, makes a world of fucking difference, blind spots are notoriously awful in the Challenger.
>>
File: 20200924_165717.jpg (3.44 MB, 4000x1800)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>25046241
Only picture I have of my challenger on this phone.
I miss it but I'll hopefully get another one once I've paid my truck off next year.
>>
>>25046241
>>25046251
Thanks a lot for the reply
>>
On Yellowstone the assholes drive GM SUV's and the baddies drive Ford trucks lol!

Dude Lloyd rules.
>>
>>25046086
The Ram looks the best of the big 3. GM nailed their design in 2014, only to throw out the fantastic look in 2016. Ford is middle-of-the-road.
Dodge Ram is the only one that doesn’t look like a tonka toy parody
>>
>>25046138
arent tundras made in the us while the big three outsource shit to china or mexico or something?
>>
>>25046074
any truck is a good work truck. it all depends on the pricing and the intangibles
>>
People with pickup trucks are consoomers larping as the working class.
>>
>>25046074
70s c/ks wouldve sold the "middle of nowhere cowboy" aesthetic better
>>
>>25046379
The new ford's are a downgrade, design wise
>>
>>25046086
This is pasta. A shitty one at that. This is the only good /o/ ram pasta.
>Doesn't matter what his parents say. If I saw that, I'd circle around and wait for a spot to launch my Ram 3500 and t-bone the driver out of existence. Why? Only one sort of person would drive a vehicle like this.
>>
>>25046074
I got a 2013 ram 4500 to haul heavy equipment it work well with the Asin 4speed medium duty trans as well as a 92 first gen
My buddy has the the 2015 3500 version.
My cousin has an 06 mega cab cummins
Don't get anything with a gas motor or the Chrysler transmission. They are light duty shit. I live in Midwest not to far from the Cummins factory.
>>
>>25046074
Chevy, Dodge then Ford for reliability. Cummins is the best diesel engine, Chevy is good to, but light on performance, the Powerstroke is a pile of shit.
>>
>>25046241
While challengers blind spot is bad...try a new camero....can't see shit in it
>>
>>25046086
Is it true half the RAMs are made in Mexico now? I thought the RAMs, at least the 1500, were made in Michigan?
>>
>>25046074
Product placement. For the average "work" use any of the big 3 are fine, but anecdotally I've noticed that the heavy-duty Rams do seem to be more popular in applications with a lot of heavy towing. Locally, that's mostly car haulers (2-3 vehicles on a sloped 5th wheel trailer) and people moving shipping containers.

>>25046134
Tundras and Tacomas aren't good trucks. They're good cars that happen to be trucks.
>>
>>25046142
Scotty has always said the F150 makes more sense than the Tundra
>>
>>25048701
I honestly don't remember.
I know for the Challengers that like 27% is made in Mexico which I believe is the motor, the other 73% is Canada.
>>
>>25046813
Probably cause of the chicken tax but I don't know anything
>>
>>25048784
i thought challengers and chargers were final assembly in metro detroit?
>>
>>25048701
if the vin starts with a 3 its spic assembled. starts with a 1 it's USA
>>
>>25049353
Assembly, sure, the parts are the percentages I mentioned.
There's a fat sticker on the window of the one I bought that basically said nothing in the car was adequate in the US. Assembled is another thing entirely.
>>
>>25049359
>adequate
Jesus christ phone posting is the most nigger shit ever.
I meant manufactured
>>
>>25046813
Dodge and GM build some of their half tons in Mexico, and btw Toyota also builds most Tacomas there. Ford builds some of their CUVs down there too but all of their real body on frame trucks are US-made, including the Ranger which despite being based on a foreign-market design is (last I heard, at least) actually the most American vehicle in production, with more US-made parts than anything else.
>>
>>25049397
I believe I read the Buick Enclave made in Lansing, MI has the most US parts and of course final assembled in US
>>
>>25049397
>>25046813
When I went to buy a 1500 Sierra Denali last year I asked the dealer if they could guarantee I could get one from the Fort Wayne, Indiana factory and they said no. Nearly all of the Sierra Denalis when I was shopping had Mexico vins and they claimed there was no way to special order an Indiana one. wtf
>>
>>25049411
>>25046813
>>25049397
>some
I would love to actually know the percentages USA assembly vs. Mexico assembly. I think GM is fucking over the UAW and really ramping up Mexican production of the Chevy and GMC 1500s. And of course Ford has been moving everything down there
>>
>>25049411
>>25049415
What I read looking it up is that crew cab GMs are all built in Mexico but single and extended are built in the US. Kinda seems like a weird choice to me, you'd think they'd have the cheaper lower quality plant do the work trucks and have the American labor making the fancy daily driver crew cabs where people care more about fit and finish, but I'd guess it's probably that the US plants are older and aren't laid out for building the bigger crew cabs, while the Mexican one is newer and was probably set up with them in mind.
>>
>>25049443
I had read that too but it is not true. Plenty of new crew cabs with US vins. But they seem rarer and rarer and it's pretty fishy there's nothing on the record about where shit is actually made
>>
>>25046200
>>25046251
>no steelies

oh, you're one of THOSE people, I see.
>>
>>25049668
I don't understand your point. Those are the wheels that came with my vehicles. Why would I change them?
>>
>>25048701
1500s are generally made in Detroit while the HD models are made in Mexico. as others said check the VIN, if it starts with 1 its from the US and if it starts with 3 its from Mexico.

not that it really matters, the most important part of a RAM HD is the Cummins engine and they are made at a completely different factory.
>>
>>25049682
>Those are the wheels that came with my vehicles.
exactly
>Why would I change them?
they're aluminum and they look like trash. I would store them and put them back on if I sold the car. They just look better with some nice clean steelies like pic related
>>
>>25049826
Those do look nice. I don't even own the challenger anymore though so there's no point in buying steelies for it any more.
>>
Whatever happened to Yellowstone chopper?!? Shit was everywhere in season 1.
>>
>>25049826
t. Doesn't understand unsprung mass
>>
>>25049862
>Whatever happened to Yellowstone chopper?!?
long black train

>>25049897
>t. doesn't understand why police use steel wheels
>>
>>25049902
They're cheap to replace when they pump them over curbs and have fat sidewalls on the tyres to stop gutter rash. It's purely an economical decision.
I don't disagree that they look cool, I love the look, but steelies weigh a whole lot more.
>>
>>25049911
>It's purely an economical decision
All emergency vehicles use steel wheels, anon, they don't crack and immobilize the vehicle if you hit a pot hole or a small curb kek

>but steelies weigh a whole lot more
2-3lbs per wheel, retard. imagine thinking 10-12lbs in a police cruiser will make a difference
>>
>>25049934
You're a bit thick mate. I'm saying that they make perfect sense for emergency vehicles, but don't make sense to put them on a performance car. My 4x4's original steelies (light duty) weighed 15lb more per corner than the optional alloy wheels. Unsprung weight makes a massive difference to performance, yes really, try it in the real world and see what happens, especially rotational mass like wheels and tyres.
>>
>>25046074
>every shot in yellowstone
its called a sponsorship.
>>
>>25049942
>but don't make sense to put them on a performance car
this is peak retard right here
>weighed 15lb more per corner than the optional alloy wheels
lmao steelies for a charger weigt 3lbs more per wheel. No one cares about your boomer truck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.