[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are some other games to learn how to drive? I completed pic related and have BeamNG and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm using Logitech G29 with a shifter.
>>
>>25045092
Just drive around in GTA but follow all the rules of the road
>>
>>25045099
... I want to acquire the muscle memory for all the moves so I can do them without thinking about them.
>>
beamng with traffic on. the west coast and east coast maps have traffic light support.
>>
>>25045092
Grow the fuck up and buy a real car ffs.
>>
>>25045105
What moves? You're not going to get the clutch without driving an actual car, so forget about that.
>>
>>25045644
No, I already did and know how it works.
>>
>>25045092
BeamNG is as close as it gets. In fact, BeamNG is actually overly brutal in the damage your transmission takes if you miss a shift. Your not going to fuck your gears if it grinds 6 times
>>
>>25045673
This is exactly what I'm looking for, it's even better if it's difficult than real life but the game simply doesn't have the same traffic and cities like City Car Driving.
>>
>>25045665
Your G29 cannot simulate the feeling of an actual clutch. It's not rocket surgery anyways, but if you think it will be like your sim you're mistaken.
>>
>>25045693
>feeling of an actual clutch
I never claimed that. I just said that I drive already but my lessons are postponed because of the flu.
>>
>>25045679
I legitimately cannot think of any games with decent traffic modeling.

Honestly? If your worried about traffic, subscribe to Iracing and play with the spec miatas that they give you when you sign up, and then do live racing on a single screen. You will gain spacial awareness extremely quick and having the FOV hampered will make you check your surroundings often and simulate having blind spots, making you use your mirrors. Especially since spec miata on IRacing take off from a dead stop, the first few laps are always hectic and stressful. If you can figure it out on there, you can do it in real life with much less stressful environments.

Also the clutch and shifting feels pretty great on the spec miata. Also if you suck at racing you will get paired with other people who suck and are more likely to spin out, which is a lesson in wreck avoidance I guess
>>
>>25045766
Thanks, I will probably do that but I also need to be able to do the maneuvers.
>>
>>25045105
Much of driving is about feeling what the car does as it moves. If you want muscle memory you wont get it sitting on a stationary chair.
>>
>>25045099
I got better driving RWD cars on ice, snow, and gravel after playing GTA long ago. They really got the physics right on old muscle cars, IMO.
>>
>>25046147
>They really got the physics right on the faggio
FTFY
>>
>>25045092
I've thought about this a bit
and no such product exists
>>25045105
It would be more important to memorise the road rules
>>
>>25046184
>It would be more important to memorise the road rules
I passed the theory test.
>>
Live for speed. They even calculate your tire contact patch and deformation depending on tire pressure
>>
>>25046157
Play Gta 4 if you haven't. That game has insane physics. Gta 5 is dumbed down for children
>>
>>25045092
Need for speed: most wanted. Haven't even been caught once
>>
>>25046565
Sadly I can't configure it properly, the clutch and the handbrake simply don't work as intended.
>>
I loved messing around in Gran Turismo open lobbies.
>>
bump
>>
File: 1619713168695.jpg (181 KB, 458x584)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>25045092
>>25045105
lmao faggot

Just go drive a car around its not rocket science.
The biggest retards in society drive cars
>>
>>25046570
Seconding this. I wouldn't consider GTA4's to be hyper realistic either, though; it's just a lot of fun to drive in that game.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.