[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>the ultimate contest

Patrol v Landcruiser

Which is the ultimate all purpose, toughest, most reliable vehicle?

I'm leaning towards the patrol, I only see mums driving cruisers
>>
>>25042574
The patrol is getting a bit long in the tooth but it is considerably cheaper than the equivalent cruiser. If money were no concern I’d pick the new Sahara ZX all day.
>>
>>25042574
>I only see X demographic driving that option
Who gives a fuck, drive what you want and can afford. I only see Insta posing roided meatheads with stainless steel snorkels driving VDJ76s, but I still want one.
>>
>>25042650
I mean, I know a cruiser is going to be 10-30k more than a patrol, but a 2018 patrol is still like 80k. So if you are looking at either I would imagine money is no concern.

I'm asking pound for pound which is the better all round vehicle. The kind of vehicle that gets you around town, does some 4x4 camping, towing, family mover, fun to drive... Everything. Let's be honest, if you need an allrounder car that accels at everything - these are your 2 choices, nothing else even comes close unless you want to put your groceries in the back of a pickup truck.
>>
>>25043221
I get your point, but it's worth considering why a certain demographic so heavily favors a certain vehicle. There is a reason you want to rent the same sedan for an interstate journey that a senile old man drives around rown day to day, because it's peak comfy.
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>25043225
>nothing else even comes close
Nonsense. You don't have to pay an arm and a leg either.
>>
>>25043236
I don't know anyone that uses this as a serious all purpose vehicle, I don't see many on the road. That being said the sport version is very aestetic
>>
>>25043368
>I don't know anyone that uses this as a serious all purpose vehicle, I don't see many on the road.
I know plenty of people who use them, myself included. They're all over Ausfailure roads thanks to being cheap when new compared to the competition.
Biggest downside is suspension travel that's mediocre (much like the Y62) and hard to rectify without resorting to a subframe drop, but traction aids like lockers make this all bit a moot point.
Positives are big diffs, even in the company of Patrol/Landcruiser, strong and frugal diesel, solid but oldish 5 speed Aisin transmission, and Interior that's not much smaller than the 200.
>>
>>25043388
Interesting. Thanks for the input. Easy to get them lifted if you live in a flood zone?
>>
>>25043396
You can lift them around 40-50mm without modifying much, though high mileage examples can have issues with seized alignment adjusting bolts. Those bolts can be cut out and replaced, though it is an extra potential cost to be aware of. There's plenty of snorkel options for them too.
>>
>>25043423
Excellent. I like my 4x4 as high as possible to laude over everyone else. How many kms you get to a tank with general driving?
>>
>>25043432
>Excellent. I like my 4x4 as high as possible to laude over everyone else
Why not.
Standard tank's 88L, but I've also got a 50L aux tank. I'll average 9-10L/100km in the city, 8-9L/100km on the highway. I have previously got a touch over 1000km on the main tank alone before fueling up, but that was for science.
>>
>>25043444
Sounds similar to a diesel ford territory don't suppose if you know whether they can be lifted since we're on the subject
>>
Cruiser on every metric except aesthetics, which the patrol wins easily. Unless you are talking about the classic cruisers that we're indestructible box tanks on wheels, in which case they are they goat.
>>
Infiniti battle tank is comfy
>>
>>25042574
I'd go with a cruiser over a patrol for an off road trip but there are certainly more mums using them for school runs and mall crawling vs patrols
>>
>>25045448
>low profile tyres
Poser mobile
>>
>>25045510
What do you expect it’s a luxury patrol
>>
300 > Y62 > 200 (because 200 owners are fuckwits and the car isn't that good)

Grenadier > all
>>
>>25046028
>aluminium hub spindles
Fuck that noise. Replace the ">" with "<" and your list is accurate
>>
>>25046043
300 > 200 cause it doesn't have a dog shit intake design that does an automatic cylinder wall hone if you drive through roadworks.
Really I'm just fired up for them to put that v6 and auto into the 70 series.
>>
>>25046073
I'd take the easily rectified airbox over aluminium spindles tbqh.
I'm mostly happy about the V6, but time will tell how easily/hard it is to work on and maintain, if it's anything like the 1VD in the 200. Same performance out of a lighter powerplant that makes the "NOREPLACEMENT4DISPLACEMENT" retards upset.
I'm not holding my breath for it in the 70 series range though.
>>
>>25046148
>I'm not holding my breath for it in the 70 series range though.
This is the thing. 1VD was only in 200 and 70, and now not in the 200. It also doesn't comply to the newest emissions standards, which either means that they have to spend lots on development to make it pass, which doesn't make sense for only one model, or they have to move them to the commercial classification to not have emissions be a problem at all.
I think it makes absolutely perfect sense for them to V6 the 70, even if reliability isn't perfect the Toyota tards will still lap it up.
>>
>>25046174
From my understanding the 1VD-FTV in the 70 series has no struggle meeting new emissions laws, a to do with its low state of tune. I'm not convinced we'll see a V6 diesel 70 series any time soon, if at all, even though I think it'd make a brilliant powerplant. I'd love an FJA76 (if that's how they'd code it) with a lighter front axle weight and overall lighter tare weight.
>>
>>25046205
Nope, it doesn't pass euro 6, no DPF for example. They're deliberating at the moment as to when they will sign on for euro 6, but I don't think it will be long.
>>
Arabian oldschool Patrol with TB45 > regular Patrol
>>
>>25046247
Wut? The 70 series has had DPF since 2016
>>
>>25045510
>Poser mobile
Auto manufacturers are forced to sell 4x4 as luxury cars in North America. If you actually use it as a 4x4, then the first thing that goes are those gigantic rims.
>>
>>25042574
good lord they're both so fucken ugly compared to previous models
>>
>>25046556
I reckon the 300 series GR Sport looks great compared to the older ones

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.