[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey /o/, /k/ here. On film, every time a gun is touched there's always hammer cocking sound.wav whether it makes sense or not. Is there anything like that for automobile enthusiasts and movies?
>>
>>24870694
You mean post edit sound effects?
>>
>>24870694
Every time a car pulls out of a scene the tires squeal, even on dirt. Next time you see a car actually rip around a corner / spin the tires from a stop look at the ground, guarantee you'll see tire tracks from the previous 3 takes.
>>
>>24870694
>shifting at random rpms
>pushing the gas pedal harder
>random skid noises
>wrong engine noises
>>
>>24870694
Motorcycles with the wrong engine sound. Turbo cars with NA sounds and vice versa. Basically the sound guys taking the piss.
>>
>>24870694
Anything with turbo.
>>
yeah like when they drift fwd cars
>>
The wrench noise is almost always backwards. Sometimes,, I can tell that the starting sound isn’t the sound of the right type of car. Don’t get me started on fast and furious. Yeah, weapons are waaay too noisy. Funny.
>>
love it when cars have 18 gears
>>
Tire squeal, as mentioned, is probably the closest to the gun cocking noise. It's always there, no matter what kind of tires, terrain, or speed.

Engine noises are also often wrong, for example
>driving at highway speed but not accelerating
>cut to exterior shot of vehicle
>engine is roaring to redline and then the transmission shifts up
It gets funny when it happens like 10 times in a row. How many gears you got bro?
>>
Wrong engines
>>
>>24870694
Every car has squeaky brake pads, there's that high-pitched sound every time a car slowly pulls up.
Also I really need that sound effect for my amateur video editing needs, couldn't find it anywhere, so please tell me /o/ if you know where can I get this stupid sound..
>>
every car has a V8
tires squeal when pulling away and coming to a stop regardless of speed
cars that are used in jumps are absolutely and perfectly balanced and land on all four wheels
all movie cars have a magic throttle that goes to 110% when something plot happens
>>
>>24870694
Every car starting uses a gear reduction starter sound.
>>
>>24870694
Tire screech on dirt roads.
>>
>>24871089
This movie had a white challenger, paying service to deathproof and vanishing point. Talking about the engine, they used litres instead of calling It a 340. 5.3or6? I never heard someone call a 340 like that.
>>24870694
How you like when gamefags call the “B.A.R.” a “bar?”
>>
>>24870694
The angry V8 acceleration sound, applied to literally any vehicle. I was watching a gookdrama and their UAZ469 (with a 4 banger) sped away with an obvious V8 sound applied, and shift sounds that correspond to nothing. Every fuckin movie seems to do that.
>>
>>24870694
A mercedes 300d doesn't sound like a ferrari 308 full throttle through Paris
>>
>>24870702
>Every time a car pulls out of a scene the tires squeal, even on dirt.
Rockford files is bad for this as fun as that show is.
>>
>>24870694
cant remember the name of the movie but I was a dumb little kid like 10 years old and everyone laughed when I pointed it out, but there was a car drifting around a corner, time slows down and then someone edited in the sound effect of a car starting up mid drift
>>
>>24870767
>>
>>24870694
no matter how fast you're going, downshift to go faster.
>>
>>24870694
DANGER TO MANIFOLD
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmSKhgHpftE

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.