[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fagkicker.jpg (637 KB, 1079x1062)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
is there anything wrong with getting your oil changed at a shop if you bring your own oil and filter and stay there the entire time watching while they change your oil so they dont fuck your shit up?

Ive used to do my own oil changes, but paying literal spare change to some grease monkey seems a lot more comfier than getting my hands dirty, my clothes stained and wrestling with wrenches trying to get tight drain bolts and filters off
>>
>>24722457
what in cousin fucking hell is that picture

also change your own oil you fucking cuck
>>
>>24722457
>Not stars n bars
No class
>>
>>24722457
just pay your bull to change your oil for you.
>>
File: 1280px-Polks_corps_flag.png (31 KB, 1280x769)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>24722468
I like the battle flag and all but at least change it up a little.
>>
das a man
>>
>>24722457
They won't let you on the shop floor. I went to get my water bottle out of my car while I waited and got screamed at by the front desk girl. Either they don't want you to get hurt or don't want you to see them breaking your car.
>>
>>24722457
Oil changes are so fucking cheap I just pay someone to do it for me. Anything else, I do myself. Just don't go to fucking walmart. Find a decent place and establish that they aren't retarded.
>>
Sometimes they try to charge you for their oil and filter even if they use the ones you brought because some BS about "that's how the system works." Happened to me when I had to get a shop to deal with my seized drain plug back when I first started getting into working on cars.
>>
>Watch them do the oil change
>Watch the guy grab the impact gun
>Watch him torque your drain plug to 1,427 ft/lbs, cracking your oil pan
Alright, you watched him ruin your car. Now you get to unfuck it on your own and fight with the shop for months to get them to pay for it.
>>
>>24722457
Dude's got quite the theme going for when he eventually comes out kek.

And oil changes are soothing to me, not gonna pay some asshole to do it wrong.
>>
>>24722457
I work at a dealership and I think I'm the only person who doesn't mind someone doing this, or when people who clearly work on their cars bring in their shitbox for us to unluckily.

I get the whole,
>if they can do the job themselves why are they bringing it to us and wasting our precious time
Argument.

But honestly I could care less as long as you pay for the work getting done.
I'm here to make money, not split hairs so bringing in your car for work is always a win in my mind because it means my job is secured and I'll be getting paid.
>>
>>24722457
so youre okay with paying someone else to do it but you dont save any time or money because you buy all the stuff you need and sit there while he does it?

i dont get it. just pay the man and leave him alone, what youre doing is only acceptable if you're learning how to do it, but you already know how, so you're just being annoying
>>
>>24722464
theres these gay websites that do nothing but print shit onto gay chinese trinquets, usually coffee cups/blankets/bedspreads
its all garbage and only crackheads buy the shit
>>
>>24722457
context of picture?
>>
god i need a girl like that
>>
>>24722457
They get really bent out of shape when you bring your own oil and filter for some reason. Was a month out for oil change appointment on my warrantied car at the dealer, and ASE certified quick lube wanted to put conventional in my GTDI vehicle
>>
>>24724725
its called slaves. You watch your slaves do the hard work while you sit and watch.

Some men were just born to be slaves, others where born to be masters
>>
>>24724941
What are you a mastur at?
>>
File: averageshopdrainplug.jpg (78 KB, 720x564)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
It takes a shorter amount of time to change your own oil than it does to go to make an appointment, go to a shop, sit and wait, then drive home. All the tools you need to do it you should have around to do other jobs anyway.

In addition you can do it after work instead of wasting your valuable weekend time or taking off time from work.
>>
>>24722480
>Polk's flag
Fuck that retarded mouthbreather.
>>
It's a 15 minute job...
I'd waste more time driving to a lube shop.
>>
File: file.png (463 KB, 578x387)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>24722457
>stay there the entire time watching while they change your oil so they dont fuck your shit up?
they probably wont let you but you can always find a garage like pic related where each bay its adjacent to its own door and you can stand outside the door.
>>
Buying and changing your own oil is worth it if you have a creeper, a drain pan, disposable gloves and a ratchet. Otherwise... well... it can turn into a PITA.
>>
>>24725026
Sort of. Depends on your situation.

I have a Valvoline quick change place on the way home from work, I can pull in, smoke a Newport, and be on my way home in like 15-20min. For anons with no garage, limited tools, and trying to do shit in an apartment parking lot in the winter, it can be a headache trying to hide the shitty scissor jack and get a filter loose in a retarded spot.

However, I do the shit on my own because I don’t trust the people at the shop. Every time I see a friend’s or family member’s car with one of those skid plates go into a quick lube joint, the car comes back with 20% less fasteners holding it in. I have a garage and the proper tools to do it, so I can pick up lik and a filter whenever I’m at Wally World, pull my car into the garage, pull the plug and filter, fire off a few shitlposts or eat a snack, and come fill her up after. I don’t even need to jack up my car and the wife’s car goes right up the ramp. Disposing of the oil can be annoying, but I recently got this 16qt drain pan so I can do 3-4 oil changes and bring it with to Advance Auto when I’m there for carwash shit or wiper blades once every 6mos.
>>
I have mine done because
1. To do it in a driveway involves taking off the skid pan
2. Doing it on a lift involves a convenient little flap that gives access to the drain
3. Last I checked, 5 qts. of 0W-20 costs about the same that Merlin charges for the job.
>>
I just took a work car into jiffy lube a regular oil change with no extras was 109$ I can do it for like 40$ myself with a good filter and oil
>>
>>24722457
Nice purse you peter puffer
>>
>>24725483
I just like the flag man
>>
>>24722457
a loser rebel group that went against the united states.

>muh pride
>>
>>24722707
Huge liability when an idiot falls into the pit.
>>24722457
Either do it yourself or bring it to a shop and have them do everything. The worst option is what you described where you bring your own oil and filter. Just do it yourself at that point chief.
>>
>>24722457
Woah
>>
>>24722457
Having someone change your cars oil is like having someone fuck your wife for you.
>>
>>24724954
Baiting
>>
>>24722707
>I went to get my water bottle out of my car while I waited and got screamed at
Because there are people who deliberately slip on the service shop floor. The employees don't want any kind of insurance fraud occurring during their workshift because they'll get fired.
>>
>>24725982
Fuck America, anyone who kills a government dog is a hero
>>
>>24725545
>you can stand outside the door.

I don't stand there or anywhere. Just like I don't like someone watching over my shoulder when I work, I know other people have the same sentiment. So I leave them alone and let them finish the oil change. Some types of full synthetic oil aren't stocked at my local walmart, so I order it online at walmart.com and have it sent to the store for free pickup (no shipping charge).

>>24725876
>Last I checked, 5 qts. of 0W-20 costs about the same that Merlin charges for the job.
Walmart sells brand name full synthetic oil pretty cheap.

Pennzoil ULTRA Platinum Full Synthetic $25/jug
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-5W-20-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quart/55291207

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.