[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Super-carry-1.jpg (221 KB, 645x365)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
This thread is for enquiries about choosing unconventional or 'questionable' cars as your main/daily

I'll kick things off with the Suzuki Super CARRY (2017 onwards)

I already discussed it here
>>24715397

Its numbers (economy,.utility, maintenance) make it a winner for me.

I can get a brand new one for $10000 roughly, which is within my class. Id go as high as $25000, but the value must match the price ratio of a CARRY. So like, to me a car would have to be as good as a Roles Royce at $25000, to justify not taking a perfect tool like the CARRY.

As for ME (obviously, a daily is more than just numbers, its a partner), I'm not overly bound to convention. I go more with personal fun and hard logic than sheepism. I actually get irked by the latter. I would rather kill someone with a pen knife stab to the back of the head than with a gun because of ''muh SOVL''. Guns are soulless, except maybe Gatling guns.

I'm not a car person overall, would actually prefer bikes to them. Obviously she's being used by big wigs, but I also agree with the spirit/idea of Greta Thunberg. I don't really care about power, so I don't care about pickup trucks (like Hilux or Ranger). If I must get a petrol eater, I want something that'll be to my views and tastes.

I might also use it for business (like a delivery Uber), so that's a bonus. The simplicity of its design is good with me since im not good with cars anyway. Not a naturally gifted speed driver either.

So on paper and as an idea, I fully want it. But as I said, I'm not good with cars. Would it be practical to have as a pure daily for a 'lone wolf' guy? I've got no extreme givings. I might go on untarred roads once a week.

If yes, should I go for new or used?

Any other thoughts or info?

It doesn't have to be a Super CARRY specifically. The rivals from KIA or Hyundai or somesuch are acceptable too.
>>
i dont know i am not reading all off that, buy the fucking carry then
>>
>>24719503
I'm asking if I should.

I wanna, but I'm a fish in mud on these topics.

It'll be my only car, probably for the next 5 years
>>
>>24719509
the carry seems fucking based desu
>>
>>24719537
Ikr
>>
>>24719498
fucking trannies
>>
>>24719546
Eh? why?

U the guy who hates kei cars?
>>
only a weeb would actually daily a kei car. get a real truck
>>
>>24719570
Why tho?

Shits expensive, hard on the pocket for petrol,.complicated engineering and all that. 'Proper' trucks also ain't good for business ideas. They just look cool and tough, but I don't need that
>>
>>24719498
Holy fuck this post read like an out take from how to be a pretencious autistic nigger. Wtf op kill yourself.
>>
>>24719584
>from how to be a pretencious autistic nigger
You're familiar with such reads?

Interesting
>>
File: large.jpg (815 KB, 1024x682)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>24719498
>The simplicity of its design is good with me since im not good with cars anyway.
>Would it be practical to have as a pure daily for a 'lone wolf' guy?
>I might go on untarred roads once a week.

I've driven quite a few cabover utes and vans for work OP. It's probably not what you're looking for.
1. Cabover engine access is cramped and sucks
2. It's only a 2 seater so not really more practical than a motorcycle
3. Yea they are pretty fun to drive, nice mechanical feel and no sound deadening makes it engaging at all times. That can also be a downside as they are tiring, not very stable, noisy, bad on freeways. But certainly doable.
4. It's only a 1300 or whatever but they are heavy on fuel for what they are.
5. You will suffer life changing injuries in relatively low speed crashes - a 40 km/h fender bender will put you in a wheelchair for life, picrel.

I'm not saying don't do it, but maybe try a cheap used one for a few months and see if you like it. Most people don't drive this sort of vehicle unless they have to for work.
>>
>>24719607
>It's only a 1300 or whatever but they are heavy on fuel for what they are.
Then why do so many businesses use them?

>You will suffer life changing injuries in relatively low speed crashes - a 40 km/h fender bender will put you in a wheelchair for life, picrel.
Yikes. Not a very good driver so this is possible

>Most people don't drive this sort of vehicle unless they have to for work.
Yeah. Was thinking its because of the work stigma that most don't.

On your side, would you say a normal hatchback (same price range) is a better option?
>>
File: camry-5sfe.png (1.36 MB, 1148x1844)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>24719635
>Then why do so many businesses use them?
I meant commercial vehicles like this consume more fuel than the same engine in a car - suzuki's g16 engine uses 7L/100km in a swift and 10.5L/100km in the APV, for example.

A normal hatchback is a better option, major jap manufacturers are best, small jap manufacturers or korean stuff is a tier below, most other stuff is pain and suffering.
>>
>>24719658
>same engine in a car
Alright, makes sense

>A normal hatchback is a better option, major jap manufacturers are best, small jap manufacturers or korean stuff is a tier below, most other stuff is pain and suffering.
Daihatsu Copen? Suzuki Swift? Toyota Ayga/Etios? Suzuki Espresso? Suzuki Jimny? Any other notable option under $12900?

Those are the ones I would consider
>>
>>24719498
not as based as the 660cc sigma male machine that revs all the way to the moon
>>
>>24720065
Gorgeous!

Anyway, how modiafiable are these things internally? What could 'pimp my ride' do with one?
>>
>>24720139
>pimp my ride
Kids that were born after the start of that show have licenses now.
And I'm pretty sure there was an episode with a kei van
>>
File: 1627416752727.jpg (327 KB, 1600x1200)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>24719498
Should I get pic related?
Add 40mm spacers and wheels with 28mm ET compared to the 45mm stock?
>>
>>24720180
Well, its very popular in my city, which is a cross between London and Kansas.

Im personally irritated by it because I don't understand the difference between the Ignis and Espresso. And it doesn't seem to occupy any niche for Suzuki, what with the Swift and Espresso also there.

On its own, tho, I like it. I would buy it myself if I didn't have the kei truck bug. Seems great for a semi-experienced driver, although I think Swift is better for 'baby' driver.

T. Not an expert, judging by looks
>>
>>24720298
They don't sell the Espresso here. I also like the Swift but I like the design and higher seating position in the Ignis more.
Not a raceboi so reliability, comfort and design are more important to me. Would just like it to have a wider stance because it looks like the wheels are too centered.
The Jimny would be even better but because globohomo they go for 40k here. Fucking clown world.
>>
>>24720536
Im of a similar view, myself

The Jimny goes for $22k where I'm at. Sorry but your prices are richkek
>>
File: $_10.jpg (121 KB, 800x600)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>24720180
Bump
>>
You sound like a extremely obnoxious. But kei trucks are based
>>
>>24721057
Looks good to me. If you're feeling it, then its probably the right choice. As long as you got the right type (sedan, hatchback etc) you will have enough basics to not be properly troubled.

>>24721393
>You sound like a extremely obnoxious
Yikes, I'll consider that.

Thanks for the support tho.
>>
>>24719498
>Would it be practical to have as a pure daily
Seems like it could be quite uncomfortable compared to a normal car. Also, good luck getting laid.
>>
>>24720139
This has to be bait
>>
>>24719498
I daily my Carry and love it around town. They’re not great on the highway, a bit low geared, so 80kph or less is preferred. Had mine up to 130 though, so they can do it. If I was choosing one, I’d want AC
>>
>>24721460
it looks like it was designed to give thieves easy access to cargo
>>
>>24721433
First two things I thought of with regards to seriously having one. But I can always add a cushion and girls around here are either totally obnoxious drama queens or extremely pragmatic ''does he have a job?'' survivors

>>24721507
Noteworthy. My country has the 2nd highest crime rate in the world in some categories
>>
>>24721460
Nice!!

Hoaly FVKC I actually have a bike myself and needing to take it to repair shops is one of the reasons I want a CARRY
>>
>>24721525
>add a cushion
Take into account noise and air conditioning. If it has aircon, check how good it is.
>>
>>24719607
>You will suffer life changing injuries in relatively low speed crashes - a 40 km/h fender bender will put you in a wheelchair for life, picrel
just dont crash
>>
File: 1630503208882.jpg (467 KB, 1838x1082)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>24720065
This. The DA63T is probably the coolest kei truck ever. Sitting behind the front wheels drives so much better than cab forward designs like the new model.
>>24721533
Chart shows models of kei trucks. Minicab-miev is available all electric, fyi.
>>
>>24719498
If you live in the US, and are going to use a carry as your only vehicle you might wanna check depending on what state you live in

https://motorandwheels.com/mini-trucks-rules-per-state/
>>
>>24722306
>Chart shows models of kei trucks. Minicab-miev is available all electric, fyi.
Nice. That's some kei information right there

>>24722452
Thankfully not. Where I live, these things fill the roads

>>24721871
Kek

>>24721722
Will do

Yeah, i've decided im getting one. Various matters came up in my personal life during these last few hours that pushed me to it.

Super CARRY is my first choice, then whatever KIA has on offer, then one of the internet darlings like the Hijet (Toyota is common but Daihatsu is rare here, same with.other brands) and finally I'll go for a Jimny (or something ) if somehow none of the above are available.

Thanks a lot
>>
Here in AZ we're allowed to register these and drive them on the roads, but not the highway. This bad boy can get me everywhere I need to go around town, and I mean everywhere, they're very capable off road. They go up to around 45mph and get there quickly because they're so light. People always get over immediately when the light turns green thinking I'm going to go slow, but I smoke them and they get back behind knowing I can actually keep up. I've driven one extensively for work and it could definitely be a DD if you only need to get around a small town. Definitely needs a windshield, and you can get a zip up shield for rain, but you're going to freeze your ass off if it snows.

Oh, and they run around 10k. Probably more dangerous in a crash than a bike so beware, but less likely to crash than a bike. They're very loud and easy to see. You will need earplugs or muffs, extended driving everyday and you will seriously go deaf. The benefit is that other traffic definitely hears you coming though.
>>
>>24719537
This. Although you should test drive it first, if possible.
>>
>>24722797
Almost forgot about that. Will do

>>24722723
Looks rad, id get it as a second car if I already had a normal car or as a daily if I lived on a farm.

As is, im in a pretty urban area with designated off road tracks so I don't need anything special like that
>>
>>24722813
The funnest part is not having to give a fuck about anything in your way, if there's no traffic, you don't have to follow the roads per se. You can roll over curbs, through planters, even up sets of stairs that are wide enough. Drive in a straight line to wherever the fuck you want like a true Chad. Nothing fucking stops these things.

The one pictured is a Polaris Ranger. The Razor I've heard performs better and I've seen them on the highway going 70+. I can imagine how much wobble the people in the cabin were feeling.
>>
>>24722540
I hope you get into a crash with a RAM 1500 and die
>>
File: 1606359971627.jpg (290 KB, 1280x960)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Was checking out that model Carry in Op's post. It was available as the Super Carry Utility Van 0.8L Turbo Diesel. Pic related is a 12 seater
>>
>>24720139
if you have a connection in japan you can get "performance" parts for them, especially since the Wagon RR and Alto have the same engine. Forged piston/rod kits, big turbo kits, and suspension options do exist, or at least they do for the DA64V/DA64Rs.

Monster Sport (Suzuki Sport) makes a revised ECU for the K6A, and I know there's a Tanabe/KYB suspension kit for them too.
>>
>>24719498
say goodbye to your legs. flipfag
>>
>>24722952
I'll enjoy skipping past them in the very off roads they were made for

>>24723022
Yeeters, thats epic

>>24723293
I see. I'll leave all of that for until i've gotten a good grip on maintenance. At that time, I may even switch out the engine for a sports car (small size) one like an Ariel Atom

>>24723357
>legs
Lol. Your truck is so fat it may as well not have any
>>
>>24723676
no you faggot i literally meant it. In any basic collision your legs are the crumple zone. Goodbye to your legs in any front collision.
>>
>>24723756
I get it, see
>>24719607
>You will suffer life changing injuries in relatively low speed crashes - a 40 km/h fender bender will put you in a wheelchair for life, picrel.

I'll be careful as can be. Got no plans for excessive driving. It'll be a city car with some off road usage, for me.

Besides, the danger factor exists in all cars and is only extended here with the legs thing. In the end, you gotta be careful and have Higher Friend backing you up with every ride on anything, even my bicycle.
>>
>>24719498

Kia K2700

Cheaper for a 7' bed and a 1.3 ton payload. I have had bad luck with Kia SUV reliability but there is hardly anything to go wrong on those trucks and I have seen some abuse that would make a first worlder blush. They don't have the greatest corrosion protection but neither does the carry.

Really depends how small/big you need it to be.
>>
>>24723834
Its also popular this side.

A part of me feels more 'quality' from Koreans than Japs, like they're more elite. As such, I'd be just as happy with the KIA. However, it costs $20000 over here while the CARRY is $10000. Too much for me. Id go for the KIA if it was maybe $12000 or if Suzuki raised the CARRY to $18000, but for now the difference is too much. Tbh, I don't think KIA is being expensive, I think Suzuki is being ridiculously cheap. Called earlier and I found out there's literally 1 Super CARRY left in direct dealerships in my ENTIRE COUNTRY. Its probably a stock demolition campaign.
>>
File: 1609808999784.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>24723676
>switch out the engine for a sports car one
It's more common to swap in large motorcycle engines with shaft drive. The guy on this YouTube channel is switching in a Yamaha Vmax 1200. I wouldn't bother, Cold AC is more important for me, sitting on top a hot engine in the middle of summer. Drove mine for a year before I got the AC running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtOOZnrL66Q&t=423s
>>
>>24724649
Nice.

How about sacrificing some bed space to put a large engine there (can cars work with two engines? Ain't that what Bugatti did?) Or a few turbochargers for the normal engine?
>>
File: 1612949101980.png (78 KB, 348x229)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>24719658
My dad had one of those toyotas, absolute piece of shit, only had 4 gears
>>
>>24726278
Its not what you have, but how you use it, as per Parker.

The MTT Turbine Super Bike only has two gears . . .
>>
File: 1625550723796.jpg (159 KB, 600x600)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>24726251
My Carry has the G13 four cylinder. Probably the best simple swap as it's designed to fit under the floor.
>>
>>24726735
>simple swap as it's designed to fit under the floor
My thoughts exactly
>>
File: 1607896354549.jpg (962 KB, 1652x1656)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>24719498
You absolutely must get one of these Carry's OP. Been looking it up. That model is based on the eighth generation Carry. Which means it's based.
>>
File: 1558542110-8124.jpg (51 KB, 620x464)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Looks good doe
>>
Also has a turbo version
>>
>>24719607
I was thinking of buying this lifted Mitsubishi delica full size pickup with an insulated camper box. I really like this guy's build and the price is right. I really enjoy driving cab forward trucks too. I have driven an L300 before, and I liked it. But the only thing is this is an N/A 4D56 instead of a turbo like in the campervan L300, so that means something like 75 HP I stead of 90-100ish. How bad is this gonna be? I don't mind driving very slow trucks. But am I even going to be able to take this on the highway ever?
>>
File: BedfordRascal009.jpg (177 KB, 1024x768)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>24728624
NICE
>>
>>24728624
That image looks llke it was cobbled together from googled images, in MS paint, by a 3 year old. WTF. This vehicle has to be a joke.
>>
>>24728624
Looks good, I would make it my 3rd vehicle if business is good with the flat bed one.

>>24730534
They did the lines really well

>>24730658
>I don't mind driving very slow trucks. But am I even going to be able to take this on the highway ever?
Me too. In my country we have slow lanes tho so im okay
>>
OP is a faggot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.