[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The US needs a power/weight restriction on new motorcycle riders for their first few years or miles after getting a license. I'm sick of seeing all these retards riding around on supersports with their elbows locked without any gear smashing themselves into things and driving my insurance rates up.
>>
>>24602894
As someone who rides and owns a fuck ton of guns, and hates commies, I think this actually makes sense.

Rule, for 1-2 years after receiving licence, power restricted motorcycle, then go nuts.
I feel like most of the bad accidents are first time riders on ss's. The thing is though, these people usually at lot insured. So how much or an impact will this really have.
t. Paying 1800/yr on an 04 R6 with clean record riding for over 6 years.
Only if my insurance will half by implementing this stupid proposal.
>>
>I HAVE SO MUCH TIME THAT I WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING!

lol unironically touch grass, loser
>>
>>24602894
Also if you own the bike outright, you don't HAVE to own vehicle insurance on a bike.
But you finance your bike, don't you
>>
>>24602894
nah, that shit did not work in yurop either. riders will either just buy a bike and not ride it to rack up the years or they'll just wait until they're old enough to get the big boy license in one go.
>power limitations
yeah that became a big fucking meme. most current day bikes use some form of electronic memery which means you can use cheap apps like TuneECU to change the mapping from the limited map to the full power map in 15 minutes
>>
>>24602894
(You) need to fuck off, you nannystate crybaby
>>
>>24602894
cars and motorcycles should have weight/power limitations for recently licensed drivers, period.
>>
>>24602894
The US needs you to suck my cock and stop shitting up an enthusiast board.
>>
>>24602926
Damn what is your favorite rifle to ride? I got an ar for my daily driver and a cetme/c308 for cruising on the weekend.
>>
>>24602894
every squid and OP deserves their fate
>>
>>24602894
Harley sales would plummet lmao
>>
>>24603149
Harleys don't make power lol
>>
>>24602894
Dumb europoors hate everything they can't have. Gonna go ride my literbike to the range and pop off some celebratory rounds with my gucci ar-15.
>>
>>24603149
>power/weight
>harley
Its another cagie weighs in on motorcycles episode
>>
>>24602956
>if you own the bike outright, you don't HAVE to own vehicle insurance on a bike.
you aren't really familiar with US law, huh?
You don't HAVE to do anything, but enjoy getting raped by the police if you get pulled over.
>hurr I hav a spert byk I just run!!!
no you don't, fucking retard.
>>
>>24602894
I'd rather see burgers getting rekt tbqh.
>>
>>24602894
>noooo how dare them have freedom they should be cucked like us!!!
>>
>>24602894
Thanks I'm gonna buy a busa to go sport touring with you fucking faggot
>>
>>24603198
hes half right, if theres no lien you can strip your coverage down to basically nothing and just pay a minimum thats usually ridiculously low.
>>
File: clean.jpg (2.05 MB, 4032x3024)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
Having the right to start on an R6 is every teenagers god given right as an American

Kick rocks you stupid faggot
>>
>>24602894
The baddies die. The strong survive.
>>
>>24603263
the bare minimum is still insurance.
>>
>>24602894
Eat a dick nigger
>>
>>24604427
>I only want this, so fuck everyone else
>>
File: triple.jpg (1.29 MB, 2656x1494)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>24602894
Nah. The fact that you can take your motorcycle test on a Grom then go out and buy a 200+hp superbike is pretty messed up. Kind of like how you can pass your road test in a smart car then you're free to drive a 50k lb motorhome with airbrakes is messed. This is the price you pay for freedom. If these big powerful things scare you, stay inside or leave the country.
>>
>>24604624
I have to assume this mentality comes from a complete lack of goodwill towards others, and an assumption that everyone feels that way. You can't possibly imagine more rules or laws for anything because you would only use them to oppress if you had that power, and assume everyone else is the same.
>>
>>24602894
Please tell me you're joking.
The US should value Freedom above all else.
Freedom above safety, freedom if it costs the world.
Are you a jealous brit or something?
And what's this about insurance? Insurance is unAmerican. Get something fast enough to outrun the cops and never pay insurance again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTX9SFTC3_Q
>>
>>24605396
>and assume everyone else is the same.
Not all, just most, and everyone who works towards a position of power.
Sorry, but the sociopath who strives for power beats the goodman who strives for power every time.
>>
>>24602894
Australian here, we have LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme), which is a list of motorcycles that are approved for learner riders. The bike has to be under 660CC and under 150kW/1000kg.
It used to be 1 year but is now for 3 years. 3 years is a little too long, but 1 year can be too short especially if the person doesn't ride much.
Some states also require you to ride with someone who has a full licence, which is absolutely bullshit.
>>
>>24602926
fuck off you boot licking nigger.
>>
>>24602894
>teenagers 0.001 seconds after buying a sport bike they have no idea how to control
>>
>>24605484
NZfag here, I really have no issue with the LAMS or pre-LAMS. Just that the nicer 250's were horrendously overpriced in the market.
I think I rode my GSF250 around for about 6 years before getting a TL1000s, which was a huge jump. Most people I knew would just write in and say 'yeah hey riding a 250 100km to work and back is dangerous, can I please have a 600.' and they would.
>>
>>24605396
>I have to assume this mentality comes from a complete lack of goodwill towards others

you're completely correct. fuck you and everyone on this fucking rock, faggot. i dont give a FUCK what happens to other people. stop encroaching on my freedoms, you fat rat. i mind my own business so you should mind yours.
>>
>>24605661
>I don't care what other people think, freedom.
>I care that people try to tell me what to think, freedom.
Lmfao, American intelligence in full view. Don't you have a school to shoot up, an arms race to perpetuate or Americans to bankrupt?
>>
>>24602894
what is funny is when you see this 350+ pound fatass on a harley and his fatass and fat belly is sticking out twice as wide as a normal person, makes me think the circus is coming to town
>>
>>24602894
ill tell you what, they will crash that bike and regret it, if it dont kill em and they want to continue riding bikes maybe they will learn to be a better rider
>>
>>24602894
How about we start curtailing insurance companies instead?
>>
>>24605522
Literally me when I got my first 600 4 banger at age 18.

>>24605665
Witness the euro struggle to understand the concept of freedom.
>>
>>24603266
>>24602894
not gonna lie im with OP on this one

i ride with groups a lot at home, rode with a nigga named shamrock one time. it was his first bike, any guesses? yea literally a hayabusa. i think it was like his second or third month riding and he got cocky and high sided into a ditch and a small field.

knew another girl who got cocky and destroyed her lil ninja 300 trying to keep up with the other guys. can provide pics if anybody wants, they're OC. 300 pics are bad but the 1300 one's aren't
>>
File: 1614696955136.jpg (140 KB, 734x779)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
i was shitting my pants when people were talking about them raising the license age from 16 to 18 when i was like 14-15. now that i've had my license for over a decade, i couldn't give a fuck if they raised the minimum age to get a license
why are you being a HOA-esque boomer caring about what others are doing? i live in a place with no power restrictions on your license, here its considered 50cc and above is "full speed". whether thats a 125cc povery-spec bike or a 2,458cc english rocket, its all the same
>>
File deleted.
>>24602894
NO. fuck off with that shit. If you are retarded and think you can handle a Ducati or Hayabusa as your first bike you deserve what happens to you.

>>24606196
so because a couple of idiots did organ donor things everyone must be punished?

Anyone who wants a nanny state government is a loser and deserves to have their life run by some blue haired nose ring tranny.
>>
>>24602960
Can confirm i did exactly this. No point paying out to do 2 tests just waited till i was old enough to do the big boy test and can now ride whatever i want
>>
>>24602926
>As someone who owns a lot of guns and hates commies, I love the government telling me what to do
Yeah, we know, you told us when you needlessly brought up your conservative virtue signals
>>
>>24605466
what a retarded post
>>
bike
>>
>>24603152
Since you don't ride or own a car, how's Tyrone doing? You should ask him since he is sitting next to you on the bus.
>>
File: 1526272275593.jpg (70 KB, 500x610)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>24606411
wow, actual mutt's law in action
>>
>>24604624
You can theoretically get your driver's license in a fucking Bugatti at 16 too. Authoritarian faggots all need to hang
>>
>>24606415
Is guess I should have said Chang then to appease the Canadians.
>>
>>24602926
>this actually makes sense.
no it doesn't you fucking leftist commie scum
>>
File: 1510729590292.jpg (6 KB, 216x234)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>24606421
other than a select few, harleys have all of the weight and none of the power
>>
If there were restrictions I doubt anyone would ever buy one and I wouldn't be able to pick up a garage queen that was too much for the owner for 20% of what he paid
>>
>>24602894
IMO the "ride something slow and it will make you good at riding fast" is widely a false theory.

In karting, almost everyone starts off in rentals, then go to LO206 which is the same chassis as the fast karts but with a slow motor, and then even guys that are fast and competitive in the slow karts suck dick when they start on the fast 2-stroke karts. On the other hand, the people that put effort into understanding the 2-strokes and respecting the power and build their speed progressively will pick it up much faster than the arrogant shits that think they own the world because they did OK at a league race in the slow 4-strokes once. The 4-stroke experience certainly doesn't hurt, but people still will bin it if they don't put effort into understanding it and the ego built up makes them even less to question themselves and take it slow

What I'm getting at is the problem is not the power outright, it's the willingness of the rider to approach high power bikes with caution and respect regardless of experience. I mean, sure, the very first time you sit on a bike you need to be on something slow until we know you won't whiskey throttle yourself into a wall, but if you can pass the MSF your ability to ride any bike comes down to if you can respect the presence of power or not, period.

The biggest problem is too many people try to offset their innate uncoordinated nerd selves by getting a "cool motorcycle" and they're just not up to the task because they're fucking dorks. The dorkier they are, the faster they want to be on a liter peter. Motorcycles require understanding a really complicated set of physics while coordinating all of your limbs simultaneously and dorks just can't do that. Just like they ate shit the first time they tried to stand on a skateboard, they will eat shit on a motorcycle.

Vid very much related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wTGbO3y9CA
>>
>>24606425
hey man my baby cousin gave me the nickname fifi like 10 years ago and it stuck ever since in my family
>>
Organs have to come from somewhere anon.
>>
yep OP youre right this is just what we need more restrictions and regulation
>>
>>24602894
>According to the SOS, about 14% of Michigan's motorcycle riding population are not properly endorsed and, unfortunately, they are involved in almost half of all motorcycle crashes
I don't know about your guy's states, but here in michigan 14% of the population causes HALF of all accidents. For you brainiacs out there, it shouldn't be hard to figure out WHO exactly constitutes the majority of this 14%. The people in this group are the real problem, but this spills over into more than just motorcycle problems.

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk
>>
File: 1578858072033.jpg (81 KB, 1024x683)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>24602894
Nah, if retards want to kill themselves let them. The resources are out there for them to learn, they just choose not to. My problem with retards committing suicide is that it raises the insurance premiums for the rest of us.
>>
>>24602894
so fat people get faster bikes?

wtf
>>
>>24606528
Sounds accurate DESU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkwpt4IYi2k&t=240s
>>
>>24606500
Post booba
>>
>>24606595
Fucking 4Chan doesn't use timecode.

4 minute mark.
>>
>>24606528
>14% of a population accounts for 50% of the crashes
Thats wild man. Could you imagine if that same proportion existed for other things? There would be an uproar.
>>
>>24606411
My 450 makes more power than an 883, and almost as much as a 1200.
>>
>>24602894
Half of these groids on the street around cities are ridign stolen bikes. Big daddy gubbermunt isn't going to change anything except extracting more money from honest riders. Fuck you, you dumb retard faggot. Post your fucking address.
>>
>>24606489
Fucking what? LO206 is where you learn to be smooth and not scrub speed in the corners, and learn really wheel to wheel pass.
>>
>>24606196
post em
>>
>>24606751
It makes the same power (and about half the torques) over twice the rev range. It does not come close to the 1200 you fucking retard. To top it off, somehow your dirtbike costs more than an 883 too.
>>
>>24606589
youre off by a long shot
>>
>>24606605
im a dude
>>
>>24606762
Looks like we found a coper!

COPE.

I'm not saying things can't be learned in slower vehicles, but they don't guarantee success in faster ones, especially if you don't put effort into understanding the difference and just walk in saying "yeah, I know what I'm doing!"

For example, one kart track I go to only offered standard rentals and planned to start offering LO206 rentals as well. Even with the same basic horsepower, people that were running fast laps in rentals (i.e. manlets that go fast because they weigh 100 lbs soaking wet) were binning them into walls and getting multi-hundred dollar repair bills and they just stopped offering it. The funny thing is this trick has tons of runoff for like 80% of the track, so these retards were managing to hit the walls in the handful of places where there is a wall. Why did this happen? They were too arrogant and impatient to adapt to the difference in steering (rentals are super understeer-ey, sprint chassis are very twitchy and oversteer-ey) and tires (rental tires get grippier with heat but only a little, sprint tires need a lot of heat to grip properly).

On the flip side, I had never driven a sprint chassis in any way shape or form and jumped into the crustiest Rotax ever on the face of the Earth that a track rented out and never ran off track and ran a pretty decent time because I asked a lot of questions about what to expect and built up my pace slowly to adjust.

I mean, for another example, look at all of the people with decades of driving experience that get some money one way or another and jump into a Ferrari or Lambo (pre-traction control) and crash it within the first hour.

My first motorcycle was a Ninja 650 and in 1st gear that bike will fucking go full plaid and I never dropped it once. Meanwhile, I've seen people manage to whiskey power wheelie a 125cc into a wall.
>>
>>24602926
Yeah i bet you shove ARs up your ass
>>
>>24606827
My GSXR 600 makes 125hp and you can GTFO out of here with your 2 wheel garbage truck.
>>
File: tablet.jpg (138 KB, 1260x970)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>locks elbows
>immediately crashes
OP what are you talking about?
"locked elbows" leads to crashing?
>>
>>24606914
I think he means they're too scared/uncomfortable/clueless and are just trying to hold on, and then as a result they don't turn/maneuver and crash.

Also going to take this opportunity to say: If you have a supersport/superbike and it's not primarily a track bike, LOWER THE REAR. Everyone leaves it at the stock rear ride height and it's like going down the road in a handstand for no reason. The stock ride height is for racing homologation to maximize lean angle for high end slicks, you don't need anywhere near that lean angle anywhere on the street, so lower the rear and thank me later. Lowering the rear helps reduce wheelies during hard acceleration, improves braking by allowing the front fork to use the suspension travel better, the increased rake makes the bike less twitchy, and the change in overall bike attitude puts the weight back on your butt instead of your palms and also makes it much easier on your neck as you aren't always craned full back and still feel like you're rolling your eyes going down the road.
>>
>>24605970
Nah they just end up the topic of a "bikes are dangerous" anecdote used to drive down motorcycle sales within their family and social circle for the next 40 years.
>>
>>24606891
I'm talking as someone who started with TAG. In addition to keeping up with Leopards on a tight track in a Rotax, I had far less experience overtaking and generally being smooth, had to learn all that + the speed at once. TAG was also a far less crowded class so it was easy to lose the small pack at first and have no one to be pushing hard to catch.
>>
File: ezgif-3-a54086ac424c.gif (3.37 MB, 600x338)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB GIF
>>24606356
You lack the power anon
You lack the freedumb.
>>24606751
Good pic, reminds me of the early days of MadMax
>>
>>24602894
Shut the fuck up nigger
I started on a liter bike and I'm perfectly fine
There should be an IQ test for driving anything and that's it
>>
>>24606196
>I know this one guy that crashed this one time so now all bikes should be restricted to 10mph top speed
>THE GREATER GOOD!
>>
>>24606900
And an H2r makes 300hp, fuck off nigger that has nothing to do with the other nigger's dirtbike or evo harley's.
>>
>>24607303
Doesn't matter, the point remains that even with experience you can still get ass blasted when moving up in power if you don't approach it with the right caution and understanding. My point is that endless riding on a shitbike isn't going to guarantee you success on a supersport and likewise even starting on a supersport doesn't guarantee you're going to plow into a building.
>>
>>24607753
Arguably, a slow bike will keep them from going 120 mph into every corner because they're so slow. They can learn the limits of cornering that way, plus it'll be lighter.
>>
>>24607523
I'm just saying a Harley is not a fast nor powerful bike.
>>
>>24607755
If you're such a dumbass that you're going to plow full speed on a fast bike and not think twice, you are the problem, not the bike. Just like the previous examples I gave, people get cocky in slow vehicles and rip themselves a new asshole on faster ones all the time. The problem is always with the rider and a lack of willingness to understand. There are tons of videos of people with experience on slower bikes getting on liter bikes for the first time and ripping the throttle and eating shit because liter bikes only need a tiny turn to get all the power you can use, but if you don't put any effort into understanding it and think you know everything, you're gonna get fucked. Bottom line, the people that salt their steak before they try a bite will always get fucked by powerful vehicles.
>>
>>24607753
I would argue that starting on a smaller bike would make a rider less likely to fuck up on a big bike.
Power isn't the only issue on big bikes (specifically super sports). Throttle response, braking power, commited seating position, stiff suspension. All of these things are unwelcoming for new riders.
>>
>>24607775
You know what, fair. I'll reverse my stance, because I'm projecting some level of reason/competence onto total dumbass squids.
>>
>>24602926
>As someone who rides and owns a fuck ton of guns, and hates commies
Ah, I see you're a sensible man. I will absorb your opinions as if they were my own.
>>
>>24602894

I've got an idea, let's just pass a law that says "Everything bad is illegal," and that will perfect society overnight, because NOTHING WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE BAD.

The police will arrest bad.

You're not pro-bad, are you?
>>
If Americans are free then why do they even need drivers licences?
>>
>>24602894
Here's a solution:
>Insurance isn't mandatory
If someone hits your shit and can't afford it you should be able to just make them your indentured servant to pay it off.
>>
>>24608148
sovereign citizens don't think you need one
>>
>>24608198
>I wasn't driving, I was traveling
>AM I BEING DETAINED
I love that part of YouTube.
>>
>>24606489
These aren't relevant comparisons to people learning how to slip a clutch and not panic brake themselves into orbit, and I can tell you exactly how slow bike fast actually works.

The lap time spread for amateur 600 track riders (not even 1000) is like 150-160%. Literally at one of our tracks the record is ~80s and you have novices doing 120s. You can easily get down to 115% with 15mm of tendies, unironically under 110% if you brake disproportionately well. So you're miles faster than most shitters at this point with no fucking corner speed just because they are too chicken to hold the throttle wide open as long. Now go ride a 300. The things are so gutless that they bog off of corners and barely brake for half the corners so you aren't going to make any gains against the other shitters without picking up turn in and apex speed.
>>
>>24602894
I agree, but only in certain circumstances. The LAMS system is IMO the best, as it lets new riders ride bikes that are actually fun, have normal sized tyres and brakes, and can do highway speeds.

I think that LAMS should apply for one year only, and should only apply to those who don’t yet have a car licence.

>>24606489
I agree with this. One of my best mates spent a year on an r3. He got so confident on that bike, he would lean it over right to the edge of the tyres on the street, and go full throttle everywhere. He upgraded to a cbr1000rr, and binned it on one of the first corners he took it through. Why? He thought he could just ride it the same, but didn’t have the finesse in throttle control that a bike with 4 times the wheel torque requires.

The only advantage a learner bike scheme has is to give new riders still learning the basics - and the road rules, more time. More time because the bike is slower, and more forgiving of mistakes. Beyond that point, all such a bike will do is reinforce ham fisted riding techniques as that is what they reward

>>24608221
I rode my 300 on the track and it was honestly kinda boring. I was full throttle the entire time, even through most of the corners. I get more lean angle on my 800 that I ride slower
>>
>>24606730
god i hate niggers so much
>>
File: VD09afj.jpg (64 KB, 645x729)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>24605466
>Freedom above safety
>>
File: 1586455554971.webm (756 KB, 702x710)
756 KB
756 KB WEBM
>>24608454
That's the tradeoff retard.
Freedom IS more important than safety.
Go live in your bubble
>>
>>24604624
Legal limit for non CDL licenses is 26K pounds but yeah whatever.
>>
>>24608454
Yes
>>
File: Honda-CBR-600-RR-HRC-1.jpg (333 KB, 980x653)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>24608326
Just because you can't stop every retard from being retarded doesn't mean there's nothing to be gained. Someone who squids the shit out of a 300 then goes straight to a 1000 is only going through the motions. For what it's worth in a tiered system they would have to pass another road test on that big bike so there's a chance of figuring out they're in over their head before yeeting it through a hedge at 100mph.

>>24607061
That shock is going 15mm longer plus a taller tire plus running the rear axle back for an actual race bike.
>>
File: newmar.jpg (1.2 MB, 2983x3166)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>24608542
Only if you're doing commercial driving. There is no limit for personal usage. These are over 50k lbs and perfectly fine to drive on a non cdl license.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1605864883312.jpg (44 KB, 640x482)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
shut up weenie. if some kid decides its a good idea to buy a busa at 18 they deserve whatever happens to them. its their lesson to learn. not everyone has the common sense to start off on a smaller bike and thats not my problem, its not your problem.
>>
>>24609467
Okay but do the kids they liquify when they bury that Hayabusa in the back seats of Stacy's Kia deserve what happens to them?

Note I would equally if not more apply this to Brodozers.
>>
>>24602894
its called LAMS and it sucks
who the fuck even cares what pw ratio a 666 cc bike has
>>
>>24602894
>unironically advocating for EUSSR-like practices
>>
>>24609424
You do your full licence on a lams bike here, and as for the 1000 he rode it just fine around town, exactly the kind of riding you’d do on a test. It wasn’t until we got onto a twisty road he found out what throttle lean trap was
>>
>>24608221
Spoken like someone that's never driven a 2-stroke kart before.

Get too hard on the throttle in a corner on a 2-stroke and your ass will be backwards in the grass or in a wall before you know what you did wrong. Slam the brake too hard (rear brake only) and you'll have the same thing happen. It 100% correlates.

Having mushy clutches and super lazy throttle tubes only helps for people with no dexterity. If you can play a video game with an XBOX or Playstation controller with analog shoulder buttons, you can operate a clutch and throttle if someone explains it properly.

If a bike is so slow that you're flat out for many of the corners, you won't learn anything, same problem with slow karts. When 90% of the kart track can be done by just scrubbing the front tires and waiting for grip instead of properly braking and running a racing line, if anything you're just learning bad habits. Same for gutless bikes, you're just zipping around at full throttle 90% of the time and unless someone actively points it out that your corner speed sucks in a slower corner, you'll never know.

The problem with the 600 rider in your example is simply that they aren't being diligent in comparing their laps to others or seeing where they lose people when following them. All it takes is following one fast rider through a corner to say "oh, shit, he was going like 10mph fast through there, I'm leaving speed on the table".
>>
>>24609424
Depends on the rule set, AMA racing rulebooks often say you can't change the height of the suspension, that's why it's sold as a street bike with a terrible riding position for the street and retarded LARPers just keep chanting "but muh engineers said it handle good this way" as they sit directly on their balls and almost break their neck trying to see down the road and need to see a chiropractor after 15 minutes of riding.

Bottom line, street=/=track and you shouldn't try to run a track setup on the street for some whackadoo wanna be clout.
>>
>>24609500
Exactly my point.

Riding a low hp shitbike is not a guarantee of success on a higher hp bike if you don't put in the study and effort to understand it.
>>
>>24608454
"Those who would give up liberty for safety deserve neither"
>t. America
>>
No. Insurance prices for new drivers are enough to limit what they can have.
>>
File: picrelateditsyou.jpg (53 KB, 600x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>we have to protect people from themselves!
>>
File: 1596626148219.webm (1.84 MB, 576x852)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB WEBM
Never give up on your freedom burgerbros. i would love to take the msf course and hop on a liter peter, but instead i have to live the hell called european drivers license system. allready 2k€ in, its going to be atleast 2,5k to 3k when i'm done. fuck the eu and fuck the riding school kikes

>>24606595
love seeing niggers getting hurt, simple as
>>
File: RS125.jpg (1000 KB, 1000x1000)
1000 KB
1000 KB JPG
eurofag here , i got my first moped when i was 14Y.O and i got a fullpower yamaha DT50 with some light tuning , then i got my A2 licence and i got an aprilia RS125 , and when i will finally have my A license i hope next year i will get a Yamaha R6 , i think its a healthy and safe way to learn riding bikes before riding actual SuperBikes that are dangeours machines
>>
>>24610863
>AMA racing rulebooks often say you can't change the height of the suspension
No, they never fucking say that you larping queer. That doesn't even make any sense, the stock preload adjusters change ride height.
>>
>>24611355
based rs125. i used to own a 2000 model
>>
>>24611434
mine is 1999 wich is the same model :) beautiful bikes and exceptionally fast for a fucking 125 , god bless 2strokes ahahah
>>
>>24611401
I meant the linkage you mouthbreathing nincompoop. Yes you can adjust preload and shit like that, but you can't change linkage height, which is why you have to buy aftermarket links to lower a bike properly. Try to think next time instead of jumping to the dumbest possible interpretation of what was said.
>>
>>24602894
Must agree with you. I live in europe and the laws here are pretty fair, since on average teens are stupid fucks who text and drive and drive under the influence a lot.
>>
File: 1624599596975.jpg (39 KB, 306x306)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>24611563
Changing the linkage isn't the proper way to change ride height, it's just the only one that manlets can afford. When they change linkages on a race bike it's not to raise the bike (which I already fucking told you how to do other ways), it's to make the spring rate more linear instead of the rising rate used so Tyrone and Laquisha riding two up won't bottom the bike out.
>>
>>24609485
3rd party deaths from bikes are rare as fuck.
May as well require bicycles licenses while you're at it.
>>
File: Bakuon-Episode9-7.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>24611662
At least lowering kits are good for women anon.
Gel seats + linkage changes are sometimes to only reason girls can ride.
>>
>>24611662
>Changing the linkage isn't the proper way to change ride height

Uhhh, yes it is. That way you don't have to fuck up the spring rate or damping settings, you simply change the geometry. Changing ride height with preload is going to make it ride like shit. I don't use links because I'm a manlet (I can flat foot the fucker even at stock height), I do it because I don't want to ride down the road in a push up position for lean angle headroom I don't need while due to my height I'm damn near leaned over the front of the bike and the steering is twitchy as all hell. With lowering links, everything suddenly is right with the world.

Also, again, god damn you can't read, no shit they don't change the linkages because they already spec the linkage distance they want from the factory because they aren't allowed to change it per the rules, so the stock bike gets the race bike link by default. God damn you're dense.

Lastly...tha fuck? Spring rates are linear by definition (unless it's a really fucking weird spring with varied coil size and spacing, which do exist but that's not adjusted with shock settings), what you're talking about it increasing the total travel for a bigger range of spring force, but honestly with too little preload I bounce around like one of those horses on a spring they put at public parks because I'm not a manlet, so I ride the Tyorne and Laquisha settings to keep it tidy.
>>
>>24611894
As I've already said multiple times ITT, lowering the rear just makes it a better street bike, it has nothing to do with leg length. It increases rake to make steering less twitchy and also improves braking potential, it lowers the seat with respect to the handle bars so your weight is on your ass instead of your palms, it lowers the CG so it's less likely to wheelie, it's way more comfortable for your neck because you don't have to crank it all the way back to see, and the only tradeoff is maximum cornering clearance that you should never attempt to use on something as unpredictable as a public road. Back in the 80's and 90's, street sport bikes used to have a riding position similar to a newer sport bike with a lowered rear, but due to homologation rules and the discovery it was faster to be ass up on track, they were required to make the road bikes have a shitty riding position for the street. All it takes is a few bucks in links and either a couple of lifts or maybe like $20 at the mechanic when he's doing other shit on your bike and all the problems are gone.
>>
>>24605484
>under 1000 kg

Lol wut
>>
>>24607061
Nuh uh its a spert byk you have no idea about my leans
>>
File: 1621561945544.jpg (38 KB, 314x314)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>24612023
>That way you don't have to fuck up the spring rate or damping settings
That's exactly what changing the link ratio does you utter idiot

>no shit they don't change the linkages
>>24611401 has a custom linkage and multiple (particularly tall and forward tilted) Euro bikes are renowned for being dogshit in superstock because they need a different link to make the rear suspension work worth a damn

>Spring rates are linear by definition
The vast majority of stock motorcycles have progressive rate front springs. Some bikes with direct action rear shocks have progressive rear springs as well but what I'm talking about is a link design that gives a progressive rate with a single rate spring you illiterate fuck up.

Seat heights already went up in the 90s, it's just handlebar heights that went down in the 00s for styling and aero. A CBR600RR even has the same rake as an F4, the handlebars are just mounted lower.
>>
Motorcyclists in America are held to be de jure and de facto different standards because the general public sees them as a suicidal threat to themselves and not others.
You can't overcome culture to shove a law down people's throats. No one gets their panties in a twist about a motorcyclist getting drunk and killing 20 kids on a kindergarten school bus. It doesn't happen. So people don't care if they squid out.
>>
>>24612327
>That's exactly what changing the link ratio does you utter idiot

There's no "link ratio", I don't think you understand what any of this looks like or how it works. The links are literally just a shock mount, moving it does not affects spring rates or damping whatsoever.

See 5:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk_ytZ3JFGk

All you're doing is changing the "starting point" of the swingarm motion but all adjustment of spring preload and damping are untouched.

> >>24611401 has a custom linkage and multiple (particularly tall and forward tilted) Euro bikes are renowned for being dogshit in superstock because they need a different link to make the rear suspension work worth a damn

I don't know what rule book you're referring to, but I've personally read in the AMA motorcycle racing handbook that you are not allowed to change the link in superstock or supersport. Of course there are racing classes that allow these adjustments, but stock classes generally do not. If they want to win on Sunday and sell on Monday, they have to hand you shitty ass-up suspension links.

>The vast majority of stock motorcycles have progressive rate front springs

False, and it's even less common as time goes on. Old GSXRs had them, new ones don't.

Regardless, this has fuck-all to do with anything. You clearly don't even know what lowering links are or do, so watch the video above and learn something. I can't believe people can clearly spend so much time researching things and miss the forest for the trees entirely.
>>
>>24602894
Just stop financing bikes, Anon.

>t. squid who just got through msf and is paying $10/mo for liability for an sv650 shitbox.
>>
>>24602894
Your rates won't go down either way. Buy insurable vehicles which fit your income. If you're poor, own it then learn to wrench and save on the motorcycle cost (which gets you many more motorcycles).
Learn to wrench and you can fix anything (bikes are absurdly easy compared to cars and trucks) then you can run liability only as I do, not care, and spend the difference on more bikes.
>>
>>24612430
Fuck off you larping manlet, I'm not buying your lowered shitbike
https://www.hsbkracing.com/parts-and-apparel/ducati/848-1098-1198/suspension/ride-height-bars/fm-ducati-848-1098-1198-rear-linear-suspension-link/
>>
>>24613916
>just buy thousands of dollars in specialty tools to save hundreds on mechanic bills! As a bonus, when you fuck up because it was your first time doing a given repair, a part can break while you're going down the road and send you to the hospital

brilliant.jpg

Bikes are not that expensive to maintain. Get some decent compound tires that don't fall apart in 1000 miles, a quality chain, run synthetic fuel, and it's only going to be a couple hundred a year tops to maintain the bike.
>>
>>24602926
>As someone who rides and owns a fuck ton of guns, and hates commies, I think this actually makes sense.
You're a retard
>t. Paying 1800/yr on an 04 R6 with clean record riding for over 6 years.
You're a double retard. You've paid your bike's value in premiums multiple times over by now. Just get liability
>>
>>24614385
>LARPing

How?

>manlet

LOL, no. Why does everyone think lowering an ass-up gay-man-presenting-himself supersport is only for manlets? I flat foot a fucking BMW 1250GS you munchkin, I lowered the rear of my bike because it's just better to ride this way (on the street). I kept listening to tards like you and left it stock, then I rode the exact same bike with a lowered rear and it surpassed it in every metric of comfort, stability, and overall enjoyment. Maybe try it instead of screeching that stock height is superior as you tip toe around with your manlet cope (which, btw, if I was a manlet I'd definitely lower it because tip toeing is fucking cringe).

>ducati-848-1098-1198-rear-linear-suspension-link

What does this have to do with the price of tea in china? That's something else entirely you absolute colossal fucktard. I showed you a video of the kind of links I'm talking about, they DO NOT affect the spring rate or damping whatsoever, just lower the starting point of swingarm travel.

Quit being like computer dorks that refuse to accept HDTVs are a better monitor and don't have lag if you set them up right and just shut the fuck up and try it.
>>
I would shoot up any DMV enforcing this policy as soon as I turned 65.
>>
>>24602894
>>24602926
Jesus, get liability coverage or shop around for insurance and stop getting fleeced by the tiny hat insurers. Let these idiots get their supersport and remove themselves from the gene pool as God intended.
t. Paying 430/yr for full coverage on a 15 Daytona 675r
>>
>>24602926
Supersports will always have pricey insurance for high risk groups simply because the fairings alone are like $2500 for a full set (which is fucking highway robbery, I feel like I could fucking 3D print the fuckers out of premium SLS nylon for less than that) and all it takes is a modest drop to damage all of them.
>>
>>24614905
Based and truthpilled.
>>
>>24617034
cringe and samefag
>>
>>24607061
Why does everyone hate the freedom to make your own decisions. Everyone wants to exercise dominion over everyone else.

People that make retarded decisions should be mocked for said decisions but they should be free to make them. Of some retard wants to yeet himself into a guardrail at 120 that is a self correcting problem.

Leave intervention and intrusion into things at the bare minimum. If someone wants to start on a busa they're a retard but its their choice t2kxnjo make.
>>
>>24609467
This... they usually off or injure themselves before they crush a kia. At least bikes do have that going for them. Retards being retards will always be a peoblem and on bikes it tends to be a self correcting one.
>>
>>24611013
Is that dr robotnic after retirement? That is a tiny red cape....
>>
>>24602894
>and driving my insurance rates up
i agree with everything but this

stop getting tickets, retard
>>
>>24603198
>you aren't really familiar with US law, huh
are you?

there are states that you can literally drive without insurance and pay out of pocket for an accident
>>
>>24606751
>t. never rode a real bike
>>
>>24620821
Insurers base the insurance cost of a vehicle on the typical cost of repairs for that vehicle. With supersports, people tend to send them into concrete barriers at 100 mph and clusterfuck most of the bike, so they expect just about any wreck is going to total it and insure accordingly. So yes, other people sucking dick and wrecking like retards can affect rates. Compare that to something like a Goldwing that is way more expensive but wrecked far less and wrecked less severely and the insurance is cheaper because it's all Boomer nerds that are afraid of riding a motorcycle correctly.
>>
>>24606192
>>24605665
It's really depressing to see how mentally broken euros are. Their brains have actually lost the ability to understand the concept of not having someone telling you at all times what you can or can't do. Those in power have fully pacified euros and are already hard at work at doing the same here.

Pity the euro and learn from his mistakes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.