[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1631027612892.png (990 KB, 1024x768)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
Why do shit houses in the UK have the top spec if admittedly older cars, while nice houses have newish diesel shitboxes. I went through a rough street and there was an e92 m3, while on a nice street, all I see are hyundai i10s and similar. What is this shit, there was a pulsar gti r parked on the street. All I can think of is drug dealers car, otherwise it'd be stolen
>>
>>24602681
Depreciation is wild in the UK. The value of luxury barges plummets off the cliffs of Dover the minute you drive them off the lot. Otherwise someone is spending all their money on HPI or a loan repayment.
>>
fiscal irresponsibility
>>
>>24602681

It's the same in the States, I'll see an 80k dollar Lexus or Mercedes in front of basically a trap house.
>>
>>24602681
>that lowered suspension
>probably ABC and or Airmatic failure

Muh expensive cars in front of cheap houses!!! Anon that car costs not even 1500€ With a fucked suspension like that in Germany so it’s probably not even 1000£ for u
>>
Probably because the people buting aports cara have their priority straight
>>
Because ghettos are full of young lads who want to live life fast and spend their drug money financing/renting fun cars cause they haven't got brains to open up a legit business and move to a nicer area

Nice areas are full of NPCs waging to pay off their 500k mortgages and care very little for cars
>>
>>24602692
Seriously, the cheapest R8s can be had in the mid to high 30s in the UK. Why do cars depreciate so hard there?
>>
>>24602681
This pretty much happens everywhere, maybe less now because niggas can't afford gas and upkeep.
>>
>>24603748
they were like £75k new
that's not unreasonable for a 15 year old car compared to like an S600 or something
>>
>>24602681
>shit houses with top spec older cars
Poorfags showing off their second-hand bling
>nice street with diesel shitboxes
Well-off or at least middle class people trying to minimalise cost of living, hece the better property.
>>
Seen a fair amount of arabs and blacks in top notch MBs and BMWs that weren't more than 8 years old back when I was in Bongland in 2018
>>
>>24604795
Gibs were a mistake
>>
>>24605387
It's not from benefits
Black people and pakis are economically at least like pikeys with houses, they have a lot of cash-based businesses and avoid tax like fuck
They amass a lot of money through these so they put it in assets such as flash cars
>>
>>24604795
Imagine living in a country full of blacks and arabs

Just eurocuck things
>>
>>24602706
Daily reminder, s classes have air suspension assisted struts and shocks. And each one of them costs around $300-500 for a single one. And those things go out surprisingly fast.
People buy s classes second hand for $1500, drive it for half a year till it break and either junk it or sell it to someone dumb enough to buy or lose money and sell them to mechanics for $400.
>>
>>24605543
It's now possible to get chink replacement parts for air suspension which are both way cheaper and of higher quality than oem mercedes stuff.
>>
>>24605832
They arent' more quality lmao, they are just brand new compared to the 20+ year old parts in the Merc. Real quality replacements is Arnotts
>>
>>24605833
They're of higher quality, use silicone based rubber instead of regular tire rubber Mercedes uses that rots in no time.
Like you're not replacing Toyota OEM part but Mercedes one.
>>
>>24603748
>Why do cars depreciate so hard there?
Cost of fueling. Cost of taxing. Cost of maintenance and keeping it road legal. Luxury barges and sports cars are money pits in that regard unless you're doing the work yourself or a friend that can help. Also, because of the size of the UK, anything close to 100k miles or over is considered "high mileage", whereas you look at the US, or larger European countries like France, Germany or Spain, you could easily put that kind of mileage on the same aged vehicle in less than half the time you would in the UK.
>>
>>24602681
Retards buy a new car every 3-7 years and stay poor. Smart people buy sensible reliable cars and build their personal wealth.
>>
>>24604795
Yeah its all the drug money they have.
>>
>>24605892
Look at all these stupid fucking poorfags in this clip, real rich people drive old Corollas :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPF6UJAP7R4
>>
>>24602681
because only poor people care about what others think of them and their belongings.
t.richfag who owns a Mini Cooper 1.6 turbodiesel and a 330d Touring
>>
>>24605917
>tiktok
lol dude, we're talking actually rich people
>>
>>24605924
>Warren Buffet
Nice poorfag cope, they are just so rich that they have no use for a car anymore yet alone a fancy one and most of them care little about cars, keep thinking driving shitboxes all your life will make you the next warren buffet

Meanwhile the actual rich people you meet in real life all have nice houses and drive new Porsches, Lexuses, BMWs and more
>>
>>24605987
My bong parents were rich and drove a Saab and a Golf. While living in a very large house + estate in the countryside. Friends parents drove Jags and other similar cars. All of them have net worths in the millions.
>>
>>24606016
>>24605892
My ex's parents were rich as fuck. Old school money as well. They built and sold an accounting firm for £40m and parked the cash in a trust to avoid tax.
They drove an older Honda Jazz. That's it.
Whenever I used to mention to her, "Oh look, a Zagato, that's interesting" she would just go "Meh, car."
I think there's a class of people in Britain who just don't see it the auto /o/ does.
>>
>>24605987
My old neighbor actually owned a big steel mill near where I lived, and had an m2 + some regular suv’s. The only other (near) billionaire I know bought a Porsche for his wife. I don’t know what he actually drives, but they’re rich as fuck. They bought a brand new landrover for one of their kid’s poor boyfriend. I’ll say though that most of em don’t buy supercars, and you tend to see a lot of BMW/Mercedes/Porsche. And a LOT of g-wagons, like holy shit. I’m a burger though, so it’s different here.

I also knew this guy who moved to London for work, and he didn’t even have a car for his time there. Paid an arm and a leg and then some for a fucking closet in London though, when we went to visit London, our hotel was bigger. He did travel a ton for his job, though.
>>
>>24606016
>>24606036

Funny how I saw many other anons on here claim the same thing, smells like poorfag cope
>>
>>24606043
>multiple make the same social observation in Britain
>supported even by various books on social observations
>must be cope

Sure sure.
Look, I'm not wealthy as fuck (my ex was, and she's my EX). But I do enjoy cars, and bikes. I spend a little bit of my disposable income on vehicles and derive much enjoyment from it.
But, clearly, I'm not a person with a landed estate and a title; so there seems to be somewhat of a social schism when it comes to cars.
>>
You can't buy taste. The suburbs ate full of people with Hyundai personalities.
>>
>>24605987
rappers and "investors" aren't actually rich, they all end up broke, in prison, or dead.
>>
>>24606050
I'm living in central london at the moment and the car owners are so sterotypical it's untrue. Big german barges with a shitload of chrome is always chinese. Black german SUVs is black people and supercars are arabs.

There's no rich white people here. Rich white people don't live in central london.
>>
>>24606465
Post pics
>>
Last I checked:
>2013 Mercedes E350 bluetec costs $15k
>new shitbox costs 20k
I think I’d rather have the former
>>
>>24606465
> Rich white people don't live in central london.
Correct. Specifically the British ones (as opposed to some international). They left in waves with each successive race riot, restrictive law, tax hike, new development, etc.

Mostly now live in the home counties and only travel into London when they have to. That's why some towns have a fast train taking only 25min in.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.