[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I want the GR86 so much. It seems like the perfect car for mountain passes and some trackdays every year.

My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers who wanna have a sporty car to drive to the supermarket. Same with the previous GT86.
>>
Just buy an Audi RS3 for mountain passes.
>>
>>24386352
I’m not 5’3”
>>
>>24386352
It costs twice as much as the GR86. If I had that money I would go for the new 2 series

>>24386359
I'm 195cm and had enough space in the GT86
>>
>>24386352
>Audi RS3
>awd econobox with electric power steering, automatic transmission, electronic nannies and a powerful engine,
>on a mountain pass, where you have no room to use the power
>Rs3 becomes an econobox with nice seats
Larper detected

>>24386348
>My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers who wanna have a sporty car to drive to the supermarket.
Didn't happen with the GT86, and even if it happened, how is that a problem?
>>
>>24386348
40+ years old mothers buy cuckovers or mustangs if they really wanted a coupe.
the only older ladies i see in the toybaru are the driver's moms
>>
>>24386359
I'm 5'6" and fit in my RS3 just fine
>>
>>24386920
post car, bread on hood
>>
it's gonna be 32k. Z is gonna be 35/36k.
>>
>>24386348
I don't think I've ever seen a woman drive one, let alone an old one, but they aren't terribly common anyway.
>>
>>24386935
Hard pass, That's V8 and the fastest FWD money.
>>
>>24386348
I've seen old ladies driving all kinds of sports cars including the BRZ. They mostly gravitate towards the Corvette and Miata though. Either way you sound very insecure.
>>
>>24386935
You mean the 400z? Would be my choice if they would sell it in fucking Europe
>>
>>24386348
>>24386359
>implying the Toyobaru isn't a car for midgets
>>
>>24386348
>My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers who wanna have a sporty car to drive to the supermarket. Same with the previous GT86.
If you want the car, why would this be an issue?
>>
>>24386348
>GR86
It's never going to reach the market anytime soon, all Subaru car plants have stopped due to chip shortage
All the car advertising and marketing is trying to sell you something that doesn't exist
>>
>>24386348
>My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers who wanna have a sporty car to drive to the supermarket. Same with the previous GT86.
Then just buy a used one off them, it should be in good shape and much cheaper when they want a cuckover instead.
>>
>>24386348
And why would that be an issue? If anything it's an advantage because it assures that there will be low mileage used cars that weren't run to the ground by teenagers
>>
>>24389085
>hurry in to your local Toyota/Subaru dealership and preorder a GR86/nuBRZ today!
>start your payment plan now and be ahead when it arrives in 2023!
>>
>>24389300
Good idea, see >>24376671 and continue the tradition
>>
>>24386348
>My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers who wanna have a sporty car to drive to the supermarket.
my only fear is that my sons won't understand me.
>>
>>24386348
I have actually rinsed a few of these in my 200hp diesel golf. Muh handling means nothing if youre too scared to take bends at high speeds
>>
>>24390590
the sad truth is that FWD kills RWD in the mountain twisties, but everyone thinks they need RWD because the cartoon says so. FWD is simply better for handling turns where you'll die if you fuck up.
>>
>>24389085
I am mates with one of the subaru directors here in Australia
He said it is pretty fucked at the moment and the BRZ wont be here till about April next year at the earliest
>>
>>24386348
>My only fear is that it's only bought by 40+ years old mothers
I've quite literally never seen an old person, let alone an old woman, driving an 86.
>>
>>24387016

>fastest fwd money

Lol. The type r is a piece of shit on the track. I don't care what honda did to achieve that record, irl its a pos on the track. It's for people who want a totally stock car to bring to the track once or twice. The real track guys avoid it like the plague. Its in the same category as the model 3 performance; set a good time on one track, but sucks as an actual track car for multiple reasons. And it gets walked by a 2003 350z with $1k in mods.
>>
>>24390601

??? In what quantum reality is this true? You can throw a fwd into a corner faster than a rwd, but you'll quickly fall behind every time you need to accelerate.
>>
>>24390601

Also what mountain? If you live near me I'd love to race you to determine who's right. It'll be like initial D but more gay
>>
>>24390604
Fucking hell

>>24390590
I wouldnt definitively say FWD is better/faster but it is certainly easier to drive at 200% maximum toegay attack. The fact that FWD cars have a natural tendency to understeer in a predictable manner is an advantage on a public road.

I drove FWD cars for years before getting a BRZ so I know a thing or two about that.
>>
>>24386348
It’s a piece of shit. If you’re a gay incel weeb faggot that likes dogshit, then you’ll love it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.