[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hell/o/,

welcome to my rantblog

>went to a local Toyota dealership and discussed a bit with their sales manager
> was curious as how the semicon crisis affected their sales.
> they almost laughed in my face
> 'what semicon crisis?' we are getting more preorders than in 2019 and just extend the waiting period, some cars have a term of 1 and a half years now, even two
> they even mentioned idiots who started financing already and paying the monthlies on cars which aren't even produced and will be delivered in more than one year, because the idiots said they 'wanted a headstart on the loan'
> they jacked prices up by 2-5k in the last months and no one bats an eye

When did we become so retarded as consumers? Why would you do something like this when we are talking about a shitty Corolla or RAV4? Why can't you keep your shitbox for now and say to them 'I'll buy a car when you actually have it in stock?'

I feel that this was our chance to push manufacturers back to physical controls and simpler cars and instead of even trying to find a solution they just cucked buyers into waiting more for a car.

The cost of their greed of switching to electronic components for everything due to lower manufacturing costs should have been paid by them if they would have been forced now to produce the car back with physical parts and with higher costs while having to maintain the same selling price;in reality they don't give a shit because you are willing to buy them in advance and wait like idiots while sometimes even paying extra for this 'benefit'

The only time when I find pre-ordering a car acceptable is if it is a rare one like a 911 for which they don't start production without an order, not a fucking Corolla or Ford truck.

I see a lot of posts asking if the prices will ever come back to 'normal' - well after this discussion I don't think so.
>>
File: 1626257243535.png (284 KB, 650x581)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>24376671
>they jacked prices up by 2-5k in the last months and no one bats an eye
>printing money had consequences wtf
>>
normalfaggotry should be punished
>>
>>24376675
>printing money had consequences wtf
Yeah. And those people you're laughing at for pre-ordering and financing cars a year or more out are actually smart for locking in their prices and financing now instead of after even more inflationary bullshit.
>>
File: 1602335287306.jpg (13 KB, 250x250)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>24376686
the ride never ends
>>
>>24376671
my experience with Dacia here in Eastern Europe in 2019:

>hello, I want a Dacia Logan with the following 3 options extra
> if you want those 3 extra options you will have to pay us an advance and wait 6 months
> fuck you, not paying anything without me leaving with a car today, otherwise no sale and commission for you today
> 20-30 minutes bullshit fumble on PC, calls, etc for 'finding' a car
>oh well, you are just in luck, Sir, we found one with the exact specs on stock
> shows me the screen, he had 29 on stock with the exact options I wanted, idiot didn't switch quick enough from the ERP to bullshit pdf file so I saw

I paid and left with the car - well had to travel a few kms and pick it up from their garage but still the amount of bullshit these faggots due in order to secure future orders is astounding, and this was in pre-covid times
>>
>>24376686
and thus the circle is completed, those idiots pre-order and it never ends, prices keep going up as long as they have orders coming for years
>>
The worst offenders are the ones pre-ordering new models with new engines or technologies, good luck when that engine or hybrid powertrain turns into Cyberpunk2077
>>
>>24376706
inb4 you shit yourself with 'Priuses have been here since 1969, check your facts', I was referring to new technologies for a certain manufacturer, not in general
>>
>>24376695
Wait, I don't get it. What do they gain from pushing the order 6 months into the future rather than getting rid of the car which takes up space in their garage on the same day?
>>
>>24376726
they can plan production, order parts in higher quantites so cheaper prices, etc. while paying the same shitwages to employees.

they don't worry about garages as they can even store the cars outside on some empty lot and then do a quickwash when you want to buy it
>>
>>24376731
and by 'plan production' I mean them firing workers or sending them almost the entire summer in furlough without pay, this shit happens more and more
>>
>>24376695
Similar story:

Went to buy a VW, they wanted 1k more for the one on stock because 'no waiting time', they 'just got it a week ago and it is a limited series'

Checked the DOT on the tires, 8 months old tires, left and bought a Corolla.

Did they lie and actually used 8-months old tires on a new car? Don't know, don't care, not paying extra so I don't have to wait.

Also, before covid they had stock sales once a year when they would drop 1-2k of prices, now those are non-existent
>>
>>24376686
>locking in their prices
Are you sure they aren't going to get this "whoopsie, we're having a price increase, so now you either have to pay more or keep the store credit"?
>>
>>24376671
This bullshit here is why I ended up doing a 360 and moonwalking out of the Toyota dealership. Wound up with a golf instead. Why on earth would I preorder a Toyota?
>>
>>24376835
you are right, if they did that fuck them, no matter the brand

In December '20 I got a MRSP 22500E Corolla for 18500E because it was the last one on stock before they switched to 3 cyls, this is how they should sell the stock, not for extra money as they do now.
>>
I never pre-order a new car, all I buy is second-hand ones and if the dealership doesn't have it there I tell them to call me when they have it.
>>
>>24376726
potential for the buyer to default without even risking the collateral lmao
>>
>>24376671
I’m in a bit of a situation

I live 60 miles from work (one way) and for a year before covid I drove everyday (very good reason I assure you) in a compact truck.

I also own a very nice newer V8 car and a very fun full-size V8 truck.

The car is irreplaceable as far as availability of new cars with similar specs so I don’t want to load it up with miles, the full-size truck I don’t mind stacking miles on but gets 12mpg.

My commuter truck gets decent mpg but the rear axle is ready to blow up, since it’s a Nissan no one makes parts or services them, even big name axle places. Can’t find axle at junkyard so fucked.

I can afford a house at a reasonable price (up to$220-250k) but I’m not paying $185k for a small house that sold for $117k just 2 years ago.

Also feel retarded buying a commuter car when they want $8k for anything with less than 200k miles newer than 2010.

Wut do? Have to go back to office in 2 months
>>
>>24379631

Post year make model 2wd 4wd
>>
>>24376697
Prices don't go up because of pre-order. They go up because the dollar is worth less due to inflation. This was just explained to you.
>>
>>24379668
99 2wd 5 speed 4cyl Frontier

Already tried the car parts used parts websites and exhausted everyone nearby either—-
1) entire truck is sitting on rear axle with rims under the center very high off ground, and yard doesn’t allow jacks or have functioning engine cranes
2)vehicle turns out to not be as described (V6 trucks have axle mounted under springs)
3)axle is bent
4) axle looks like shit (laying in deep mud)
5) want $500 for a used axle in dubious condition.
>>
>>24376835
>VW

Shit brand.
>>
>>24379708
Post city and state
>>
>>24376746
I'm don't work on an assembly line, but I am guessing that they order tires in mass. They probably sit in storage for a wheel before they get put on in manufacturing, plus after that they still have to ship and get it all processed by the dealer.
>>
File: 0805_-_Z3cDSVP.png (40 KB, 255x200)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>24376671
I legit wanted to buy one of the /o/ meme machines of the year (Veloster N) just to see if it was worth it
>8 month wait list
>5k over MSRP

I fucking laughed walking out of the dealership
I don't mind buying a shitty car like that at MSRP if nothing else I can turn it into a commuter appliance or throw it around a track until it breaks, but I ain't waiting and paying over sticker
>>
>>24379829
Raleigh, NC
>>
>>24376817
Typically there's a contract signed, so no, they can't do that unless they want to get buttfucked by the long thick dick of the legal system.
>>
>>24379631
>185k for a small house that sold for $117k just 2 years ago.
That's almost tolerable. The money faucet that was rona relief madness means that a 120k 2019 dollar real asset should be worth about 180k now.
>>
>>24379708
Is your housing fucked, are your gears fucked, or are your bearings just chowdered? You can get a carrier bearing rebuild kit for $133 from Rock Auto if you have the C200 axle. It's probably rebuild able.

Otherwise get a V6 axle and have a welder move the spring perches for you.
>>
>>24379676
Prices go up because of both factors, if a company has in advance demand for a product they WILL RAISE THE PRICES YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

I love it how you ameritards always try to blame an invisible system rather than the fucking companies which created it
>>
>>24380385
You can hear it clunk at low speeds, if you lift the driver side off the ground and try to shake it you can feel the inner bearings towards the carrier are absolutely smoked
>>
>>24380385
And the axle rebuilder near me, who is probably in the top 2 or 3 most famous axle builders in the country, told me they weren’t willing to work on it after experiences with theee axles in the past.
>>
>>24381804
So flop the perches on a V6 axle.

It's not a big deal, I've done it (moved spring perches and shock mounts) with Toyota and GM axles many times.
>>
How to become a millionaire : open a website where you can buy a car online without all the bullshit involved and you know the real price then you drive over there and pick it up
>>
>>24381135
>Ameritards
Seethe more you fucking bucked nigger
>>
>>24380385
might be a long shot but also look for 2wd v6 axles. the frontier chassis is 99% the same as hardbody. here's my personal truck. this is the h233b axle but they code is as HG43 or something.
>>
>y- "fuck you, x"
>x- "fuck you, y"
Humans dont progress like that have fun w devolution its already started
>>
>>24379631
Live within your means. If you cant afford a car newer tha. 2010 then you can't. Buy what you can afford. Go get a manual trans pod like an Echo and commute with that. Sell the trugg. Save up cash for a better car and keep the shitbox as a backup.
>>
>>24379631
You could afford a house if you weren't in debt for two cars. You did this to yourself .
>>
>>24379631
>office
Get a motorcycle
>>
Consumers raising consumers raising consumers. Its endless and shortsighted consumerism along with, muh new car cool
>>
>>24382665
>muh new car cool
You don't belong here
>>
>>24382546
I own all 3 of my vehicles outright, I have no car payments.

I also think it’s stupid to pay $80k more for a 1,600 soft house than it cost a couple years ago.

You sure enjoy making assumptions
>>
>>24382570
Have one actually, but even ride or die folks refuse to ride around my work, it’s a college party town and in the 4 years I went to school there I saw over 100 wrecks. Thousands of sorority girls in a small city just doesn’t work out well for motorcyclist or even car enthusiasts.
>>
>>24376671
Bump
>>
>>24380358
Ah, you mean the same legal system that requires I buy a new car from the dealership and not the manufacturer?
>>
>>24385041
The law requires you to buy through a dealer because there's legislation that says you must. There is no legislation that says that they can welsh on a contract where they've accepted money.
>>
>>24379631
>I can afford a house at a reasonable price (up to$220-250k)
you can afford to pay the monthly payments on a house, not that you can own it, these are two separate things.
>>
>>24385702
I make a bit over $80k and my total debt is $28k which is all student loans, and I have a reasonable down payment.

By god if I can’t afford a $220-250k house then idk how the fuck everyone else does.
>>
>>24386756
You can afford a house just fine, dont fall for the bait garbage.

You will have plenty of money left over after paying for the mortgage for a 200k-250k house on an 80k salary.

Now if you went and bought a house at the limit of what the bank will lend you, like $370k or something, then things start to get iffy when that mortgage payment takes up most of your cash flow.
>>
>>24376671
>Why can't you keep your shitbox for now and say to them 'I'll buy a car when you actually have it in stock?'
Man I'm just praying my shitbox survives this season. I don't want to pay some asshat 5 figures for a car with over 100k miles but I also don't want to buy a new car. If you need a new car you need to shop for deals like it's your full time job, eople think they struck gold if they own anything with 4 wheels right now.

If you HAVE to buy now it sucks and your option sums up be buy new or buy used for less than $$4-5k difference. It's no-brainer to buy new at that point.

Once the mfg get their chips and all the cars finished except for the chip hit the lot and flood the market used will be normal again (one can hope).
>>
>>24386785
Frankly I don’t want to even pay $220-250k, I would be happier at $150-180k but I have to live in the realities of this market.
>>
>>24386836
I'm thinking I'll rent longer and keep investing bevause if there is a market correction the market overall will bounce back a lot faster than the housing market (if you use broad market funds). The east the housing market is growing I don't know how it can't collapse. And if there is no market correction the stocks are more liquid than the house and I'll just cash them out for a house eventually.
>>
>>24386836
Oh trust me, I know.

Im about to buy the house im renting for $200k.

Gonna make $70k this year.

Sucks because I was THIS close to closing on a house in 2018 for 100k but got fucked over by chase because they demanded a paypal statement showing I sent myself $1000 off of a credit card. Like GET OFF MY NUTS.
>>
File: 1626827279748.jpg (146 KB, 1338x736)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>When did we become so retarded as consumers?
I dont know the flash point, but I'd imagine it's only been getting worse since people have used credit more and more. Not saying credit is bad, it isn't but I've noticed many people have become overly reliant on it, and find themselves using loans and credit to pay off other loans and credits.

>Why would you do something like this when we are talking about a shitty Corolla or RAV4? Why can't you keep your shitbox for now and say to them 'I'll buy a car when you actually have it in stock?'
Because people like things now not later, nobody has any patience and with how vapid some people are driving somthing old is just too much to bear apparently.

Just let them do what they will OP, It's only your problem if you aren't wise or prepared for the future.
>>
Are used MINIs worth it?
They're fuckjng everywhere out here for cheap for some reason.
>>
>>24387549
No
>>
>>24376671
About the time the public started listening to Ralph Nader
>>
>>24386756
You're 28k in debt and only make 80k. You can't afford a 200k home. Pay off that debt 1srt.
>>
>>24387595
Sage advice
>>
>>24387595
This. You should go for a house only when you have no other debts.
>>
>>24376671
Not retarded. We just know what we get from hundrets of videos and reviews on youtube, experience and pictures. You don't go to a car dealer and make a test ride before you buy. Cars are all good and reliable these days.

And in addition it becomes mandatory to pre-order as demand is way higher than the number of produced cars.
>>
>>24387595
I can write off the $28k since it’s student loans, and while I strongly disagree with the government forgiving student loans - I’m not going to be the doofus that pays it off only for everyone else to have theirs forgiven a year later.

I don’t see any need or urgency in paying it off now.
>>
>>24380358
>fucked by long thick dick of the legal system
They have more time to devote to fighting a case and access to their own private fleet of better lawyers that are better than you can dream of affording. No chance anyone would even fight it.
>>
>>24382134
> drive over there and pick it up.
Too inconvenient. carvana delivers
>>
>>24390540
>I can write off the $28k since it’s student loans
did you learn that in the 2nd or 3rd year of your business "degree"?
>>
>>24390540
You think they're actually going to pass that? Jo Bai Den was a key senator that fought for student loans to be nearly impossible to get discharged. He fought so that if you die and your parents are putting you in a casket the loan servicers can call them 24/7 and remind them that they don't give give fuck your dead, they want their money. It's not going to happen. Besides, it makes the masses even more cattle like when young people need to pay a housing down-payment or two or three before they can even buy a starter home. Works perfectly, you have tax wage slaves by the time someone turns 17 and sign on the dotted line to get a good education goy.
>>
>>24390606
Engineering degree, fuck business
>>
>>24390709
>Another one fell for the engineering meme
Enjoy the long hours with dumbass chairmen/ceos breathing down your neck about stupid timelines and none of the respect or reward
t. Salty engineer
>>
>>24390703
No I don’t think it will get passed, if it does it will be right before the election. But typically the dems don’t actually do what they agree to, else they would run out of promises pretty quickly. Who am I kidding, politicians in general...

I don’t mind, I had $34k total loans for my 4 year degree originally.

I have enough to pay off what’s left now but I feel my money is doing a lot better in investments at the current.
>>
>>24390717
Ehh, I do field work barely even related to my degree I tried the computer think and got bored.
>>
File: 1615842094176.png (220 KB, 640x503)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
im a genius (just like Elon) so i preordered two cybertrucks
>>
There is not enough consumer protection in the car world. Car companies have had their tendrils deep in the government for 100 years.
>>
File: kY6w7iWJ_400x400.jpg (10 KB, 204x204)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>buying cars at the top of the market

ya dun goofed
>>
>>24376671
my dad did it w/ his 911. you can also see this with faggots waiting 3 years on a list to buy a stainless rolex. otherwise you spend 20k on the grey market for a 8.5k watch. seems to be the same situation for everything right now.
>>
>>24390717
All they fucking do is schedule and they act like they're such hot shit.
>>
>>24376671
stop bying the same as everyone else and the problem is gone.
anyone who preorders think they are smart and get something special a few months maybe a year before everyone else, fact is your preorder might be the 9th shipment and the car might be common before you get it. you are not special, your taste are not special, accept that you are just another sheep in the herd or just buy used what you want today.
>b-but i really wanted that car?
yes and so did 23743 before you, now get in line and wait for your turn
>>
>>24390540
>government forgiving student loans
I can confidently say there is %00.00000 chance of that ever even almost happening.
>>
>>24392090
I don’t disagree, but again right now This loan is accruing 0% interest. Why the fuck am I going to worry about it instead of keeping that money in the market
>>
>>24392846
Because you will be forever enslaved by it. It is already cucking you out of a house.
>>
File: WEF[1].jpg (25 KB, 600x338)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>24376671
You didn't think it was some empty threat, did you?

The powers that be can boldly state their endgame exactly because the masses are so easy to manipulate.
>>
>>24390443
>demand is way higher than the number of produced cars.
no it is not, they are maintaining this artificially, show me a dealer's lot that is empty, for example I pass by Ford daily and I see the same cars out there since 2020, like parked in the same spots and all for 80% of them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.