[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why yes I drive a BMW
>shows up in this
>>
>>24198764
>shows up in a Subaru
>>
>>24198764
buck status: broken
>>
>>24198764
Your J29 will never be a real Supra. It has no manual transmission, it has no movie cred, it has no Japanese drivetrain. It is a BMW twisted by Toyota's accountants and marketing department into a crude mockery of Isao Tsuzuki’s perfection.

All the “validation” you get at car meets is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “friends” laugh at your car's ghoulish appearance behind closed doors.

Men are utterly repulsed by your car. Decades of evolution have allowed even casual observers to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Z4's who attempt to “pass” look uncanny and unnatural to a man. The frame structure is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a date to ride with you, she’ll turn tail and bolt the second she gets a eyeful of your BMW sourced interior.

You will never be happy with your car. You force a fake smile every single time you turn the key and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the angst creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear - you’ll call a dealer, post an ad, promote it on social media, and pass it on to the next Toyota fanboy at a loss. Your friends will console you, secretly relieved that they no longer have to listen to explanations that they didn't ask for about how the Supra really isn't a rebadged BMW Z4. Your car will eventually wind up in a junkyard, and every parts picker for the rest of eternity will scan it for German parts and take what they need. Its unibody will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of it after being crushed and melted down is an obsolete list of BMW parts numbers to cross-reference on a Pick-A-Part yard's computer.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.
>>
>>24198791
i really hope you didnt manually type all that out
>>
>>24198793
Just some edits
>>
>>24198764
>Buck
>Motor
>Works
>>
>>24198791
As a GT350 owner, I both laughed and felt bad at the same time, mostly because this is true. I regularly attend shitshow meets and this is the general concensus lmao.
>>
>>24198791
I think they look cool, fwiw. i just wished toyota had tried harder to develop a chassis and make their own interior, like with the 86. I mean the only non toyota thing about the 86 is its engine, why cant the supra be the same way? Why didnt they just make adjustments to the 86 chassis to give it a longer front end to fit an i6, kinda like with the gr yaris?

feelsbadman.jpg
>>
File: 17r9z7tb3s4v1jpg.jpg (66 KB, 965x543)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>24200605
The GT86 chassis is a modified impreza's, there's no way you can fit an inline 6 into a Impreza. Not to mention Toyota really only started work with BMW around 2014 and the difficulty with working along a foreign corporation with greatly different design principles hindered their ability to influence the car. All cars these days are built on platforms anyways, so if Toyota wanted an engine like the B58 it would have to fit onto a BMW chassis run into their transmission configuration. The 86 is no different.
The Supra isn't a bad car, but it had big (inflated) shoes to fill and Toyota marketed it as a sports car more than a touring or super car like the NSX or GTR were. It has no manual because the Z4 didn't and a torque conv ZF8 isn't exactly exhilarating. The B58 is a supreme powerplant though, if there's any indication how great it is, BMW themselves are using it in GT3 with the M4 where it will be punching up against big V8, V10 and higher displacement 6 cylinders. Lastly, it is basically a BMW, and while the JDMfags will bat an eye over their 86 being a subie, they absolutely seethe over the blue and white roundel. Akio Toyoda himself actually loves BMWs, he thinks they're nice, sporty cars but there's something uncanny about a Toyota being made by BMW and it will never get past that.
>>
>>24198791
>Reddit spacing
Delete your post and try again, sweetheart.
>>
>>24201204
Newfag
>>
>>24200892
>while the JDMfags will bat an eye over their 86 being a subie, they absolutely seethe over the blue and white roundel

this, and to be fair I wouldn't be surprised to seem them merge someday or at least start making more sister vehicles. Toyota already owns a 1/5 of them.
>>
>>24201204
newfag
>>
The B58 is a beast with that twin scroll cinnamon roll.
>>
>>24201204
lol look at this salty newfag

Dude, chill. So your Toyota is a BMW with a body kit. Is it really that big of a deal? It's still a very nice car.
>>
>>24198791
jesus the seethe. You can't afford either the mk4 or 5. why do you care.
>>
File: Opel Omega B Coupe.jpg (22 KB, 480x267)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>24198764
Yes i drive an Opel
>Shows up in this
>>
>>24198791
This is really good

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.