[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CTG21.png (2.39 MB, 1600x1176)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
>pre-2000
>no hairdresser cars
>we like trucks!
>we like Lexus!
Previous thread 404'd >>23478657

Post pics and discuss Yotas you own(ed) or wish you owned
Ask for technical advice, but please include as much info as possible - year, make, model, chassis code, where you are in the world generally speaking, etc
Complain about rust, teach newbs how to wrench, laugh at muh truck engine, brag about your high score odometer readings, and bask in the general greatness that is old school Toyota
>>
File: MikuCelica2.jpg (1.99 MB, 3072x2304)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>23548765
Also Miku slacking edition
>>
File: P1000292 - Copy.jpg (822 KB, 1600x1200)
822 KB
822 KB JPG
>>23548773
Also has about enough of this cold edition
>>
File: 20210207_191557.jpg (1.39 MB, 3266x1924)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
I ended last thread with progress pics so here is the final product
>>
>>23548781
That looks pretty good man, I hope you clearcoat it
>>
BTW there were nice pics of a Starlet and Crown in the last thread that WILL be used for future threads
We just rarely see any 'rolla wagons so I decided to feature one
Thanks for the great pics guys and gals and keep 'em coming ^^
>>
>>23548765
Shame about the U.S bumpers, great looking car otherwise.
>>
>>23548781
Das it mane
>>
Does a project car ever get finished, to where you could daily it and not spend every weekend fixing it up? I want an old Toyota but I don't want to fix it more than I drive it.
>>
>>23549086
That depends on whether you're happy to just have an old jalopy that runs or whether you feel the need to continuously improve it.
>>
File: P1000238 - Copy.jpg (635 KB, 1600x1200)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>23549086
Depends on how OCD you are and the condition it starts in, how mechanically apt you are and a bunch of other things
My Celica started as a $65 project 15 years ago and since then has had at least 100k miles put on it
It's always a work in progress but I don't mind that
The beauty of the old ones is they're simple and easy to fix, and as long as you do it right it's going to last a long time
Rust is your main enemy but if you're vigilant about stopping it when you see it, it's not that bad
But yeah I drive it pretty much whenever I feel like it
The biggest redpill from all this, is that you realize all machines are constantly in a state of wearing out. Knowing every square inch of your vehicle and being in tune with the exact condition everything's in not only makes you a better safer driver but it saves you from a lot of surprise repairs
>>
I miss my boats :,(
Definitely getting another JZ powered vehicle in the future. Currently have a UZ powered 4Runner
>>
>>23549129
I don't mean project as in building a track toy, but maintaining the car as it is. In the end, it's just a machine, so replace all the old and worn out stuff, and it'll be fine with normal car maintenance, right?

>>23549136
I'm fine with things wearing out after driving the car a lot, I just want the car to not be a constant money pit that barely runs as much as it's being fixed.
>>
>>23549350
>replace all the old and worn out stuff
Well that just might take a while, that's all.
Getting an old toyota on the road and running "good enough" is fairly straight forward, but if you want to restore everything back to A1 condition that's usually more of a gradual process.

Mind you, there's not many reasons why you couldn't restore it while you're driving it.
>>
>>23549350
>things wearing out
Right but you have to verify exactly how worn they are to begin with, with your own eyes and hands, and then you fall into the trap of "might as well replace it while I'm there"
Which isn't usually a bad thing, unless you're OCD, you'll quickly have several pages of list of things to do
Every car on the road is like this no matter how new or old
New mechanics take new cars and plug them into a computer and rely on that to tell them what to do
Old mechanics take old cars and go over them with their hands and eyes, and sometimes an FSM and a set of calipers
Every machine ever made is constantly in a state of breaking down, old Toyota's just last longer than most of the others lol
>>23549533
This, as long as the basics are good (steering brakes tires engine transmission) then no worries, go ahead and drive it while you restore it. Just be smart and pay attention
>>
Guys, thank your for posting these classic Toyotas. They are all beautiful and I love seeing them. Everything from that old station wagon, the celica, that supra, soarer/sc300, etc. They are so much more aesthetically pleasing than the ugly design language I see today.
>>
>>23549849
taken '89
non-twin cam, sadly.
>>
>>23549992
Looks like Takumi’s younger brother or any other character from Initial D, Wangan Midnight, etc.
>very cool!
>>
File: nwvershiftomisso.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>23548781
Based. What paint did you use? Wanna do mine, the paint is almost gone.
Just did a couple fuel return lines in the engine bay, they were literally pissing gas everywhere, car still ran fine though kek.
>>23549849
Glad you enjoy them

Anyway my AE92 has a crack in the upper (plastic!) part of the radiator, cant find a non OEM replacement thats all alluminum. Kinda wanna upgrade if im gonna take it out anyway. I doubt an AE86 rad will work
>>
>>23549992
>those clothes
>that car brand new
A better time....
>>
I want pic related so bad, such sexy cars. Anyone have experience with LS's?
>>
>>23550090
what do you have in the ae92? Just look for one for the 20v
>>
File: IMG_2703.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>23550108
Amazingly comfortable and rides smooth
Almost everything works great
The damn power steering keeps leaking at the return line (i think? idk)
Very very nice to look at, and surprisingly aerodynamic for a brick on wheels

Prices are going up and up, used to get really clean ones for 1-2k and now are going for much higher

Celica also has power steering leaks too
>>
File: 20200907_165223.jpg (3.07 MB, 4608x2592)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>23548789
Probably will
>>23549156
Pp is large
>>23550090
Did a chemical strip with some wire brushing, sanded the ribs, painted with engine enamel, used a razor to shave excess then sanded until my hands cramped up. Not going too crazy as its 35 year old pitted aluminum but compared to when I bought it (pic rel8) its 1000x better. Will post before and after pics once its all back together
>>
File: 1601274677783.jpg (2.74 MB, 2976x2976)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>23549849
Yw brother, ty for appreciating them
>>23549992
based indeed
>>23550090
probably doesn't help much but anything close to the same size with the inlet and outlet in the right place will work
>>23550011
>>23550099
can't argue with those digits
>>23550285
lol never noticed it before, sup with your gas door mane
pic not related, also not my rides
>>
>>23550917
gas door latch broke because previous owner snapped it so now it wont close
>>
File: DSC_0025.jpg (2.24 MB, 5534x3689)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
A new car will be complementing the SC in a few weeks, just trying to get it ready. Excited to have a new daily. Will post soon.
>>
>>23548765
https://offerup.com/item/detail/730564212/
>Celica all-track
>1988
>72k miles
>3500
Has to be fake or something right? It's been up for a year.
>>
>>23552075
55 with parts, 35 without
And desu id be willing to bet because its an old obscure car thats been torn apart and swapped as someone's project. In my experience any time you buy someone's project you're likely going to have to re do everything they did
>>
I'm looking at ~1985-1990 Supras that are in pretty good condition. I'm a total novice at car care and maintenance. Is that something forgiving to learn on?
>>
File: 20201107_170220.jpg (3.18 MB, 4032x2268)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>23552119
Generally id say no. It is a supra but being a 25-30 year old car some parts will be hard to find, rust will likely be an issue in some areas and lots of rubber parts will probably disintegrate if you ever have to touch them. You won't find a DIY guide with for every job, you'll need the shop manual.
As a wrenchlet id steer clear, what my car demands of me is beyond what I would have been able to tackle when I first started wrenching. They are simpler cars so there isn't a heck of a lot that can break, but being pre OBD the car won't just hold your hand and point you to the problem area if the engine starts running funny. If you accept that owning a 30 year old car is playing on hard mode, and you have the time and space to work on it at your leisure, id say sure.
>>
>>23552075
Not familiar with that site but it's possible that it's already sold
If not, then yeah those prices seem about right considering the work that's been done to it, jump on it, good deal if you don't mind wrenching and taking a small gamble. Good price imo
>>23552119
1986.5 was the gen 2 to 3 change date, at least in the US, so I assume you mean gen 3's
They are known for head gasket issues, so be sure to ask if that's been addressed and use it as a bartering tool if not
Get a non turbo and yeah they are easy enough to learn, you could do much worse
But you have to be willing and able to learn, and you have to have an FSM
>>
>>23552160
>playing on hard mode
lol that's funny man, to me it's just the opposite
I'm old and grew up working on all this (now) old stuff, so to me hard mode are the ones with computers, because all they did was put sensors everywhere, so do you trust the OBD, or is it a bad sensor, or the connectors and wires in between etc etc. Or is it just really bad corrosion on a ground wire somewhere, or really dirty coolant?
There's so many more things to go wrong, so I still think learning the old way, or the hard way, will benefit an individual more in the long run
>>
>>23552250
I'll also follow that up by saying that yeah, an old Civic or Yota pickup would be an easier learning experience, simpler is always easier
>>
>>23552250
I'm a millennial so most of the cars we've owned are 2000-2010 used cars, OBD II where a pocket scanner basically tells you what to replace. The presence of forums and fb groups means many jobs for your modern shitbox have a full color DIY guide. Also parts availability is a joke, money is the only obstacle. None of the above applies to older cars.
However modern wars like 2015 are just so goddam complicated, your modern toyota has like a dozen independent electrical systems, half of which require propriety software and equipment to calibrate. The age of the DIY is engine
>>
>>23552278
>is engine
Is ending, fuckin a
>>
>>23552278
That's interesting man because all we had back in the day was a Haynes manual and that was truly all we needed. The old ones were a lot better btw.
I recommend FSM's to everyone now because they're easy to get. We could never get access to an FSM back in the day unless we knew someone that worked at that dealership, and even then, it's not like they were selling them. It was like classified information lol
But then after a while, after working on enough different brands makes models etc, you realize that this vast world of electronics and mechanics is literally all the same, and all you really need is a bit of basic knowledge, we called it common sense, and maybe sometimes a list of tolerances and a set of calipers
But parts availability was even better back in the day, more things interchanged across platforms and there was just less stuff in general. You could always go to a junkyard and get a used part, it wasn't a question whether they'd have it. If you really wanted to splurge you went to a store and bought a new part. New parts were better than reman's. And boy all of that has changed now lol
Alright enough nostalgia I need to get to work
Cheers m8's
>>
File: Snapchat-716101409.jpg (493 KB, 1080x1920)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
I miss her
>>
>>23552342
The thing is you're comparing what these cars were like for you then to what modern cars are like now. The cars you know are 30 years old for us, nobody has made new parts for decades, they've fallen out of use, the technology is obsolete, most cars have either sat in the elments, been beaten and molested or at best, neglected in a garage for years. You really have to be dedicated to keep an 80s shitbox on the road today, thats why I wouldn't recommend one to a wrenchlet
>>
>>23552385
Yeah, I'm biased by my experience just like the rest of us. I can take your statement and reverse it and the same is true. You're comparing what you grew up knowing and learning to something you didn't and can't possibly have experienced lol. Bias is a hell of a thing
What you call dedicated is just normal maintenance to me, I do the same things to more modern cars that I work on. Because the world of electronics and mechanics is literally all the same. Some are made well and last a long time, and some aren't and don't
You get something with a cult following like a 22R and it's not a problem getting parts. The only difference is now if you need a fender, you might have to patch it yourself. It's not hard and it's a good skill to have
All metal rusts, but which engine blocks have a higher nickel content? Yeah the older ones, which is one reason why they last longer
As far as the technology being obsolete? I guess that depends on what you want to get out of it. Time will tell. What I care about is things lasting forever with minimal maintenance. I use my truck to work so it needs to start and run everyday, and it does
I'll be honest with you guys, I'm poor af. I can't afford to drop money on anything other than things I absolutely need most of the time
I'll tell you one thing that's changed for the better in recent years, there's been a resurgence in interest of these older cars and that's a good thing. If I had 10-15k to drop on a "new" vehicle, I could go to my friendly local importer and get anything I wanted with low miles. To me that's a brand new car that will last another 200k miles with minimal maintenance
And there's a good chance with the current geopolitcal agenda being pushed universally, everywhere, that gasoline and diesel engines are going to be gone in 10 years anyways. I'm pretty sure both of my 22R's are going to last that long lol. And even if I'm wrong, I doubt I'll last more than 20 years
>>
Sincerely fuck whoever at Toyota thought shims are a good adjusting method for valve clearance.
>>
>>23552922
It's not just a Toyota thing
What kind of situation are you dealing with? Engine, miles etc. They tend to stay in spec for a long long time
>>
>>23552364
I wish I had saved mine too
Well I still have the seats and the grille so there's that lol
>>
File: 20210206_145729.jpg (3.08 MB, 4032x2268)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>23548781
Brought the covers to my buddies place and he offered to polish them up for me, so I guess this shit heap is getting polished valve covers. Tbh I think this car is too crusty for that but he volunteered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>23549992
>based brian
OP please make next /ctg/ "based brian" edition
>>
>>23549156
that is beautiful. You are living the life m8
>>
>>23550108
Very comfortable and quiet. You can't hear the road and the ride is so perfect. It is also a great car to take a nap in (I drive between Ventura County and San Diego County a lot) and sometimes I get a bit tired, pull into a nice area (Whole foods parking lot for example) and take a nap. The seat goes back and it is so comfortable.
>>
>>23548765
box prado reporting in. Possibly one of the nicest looking classic toyotas.
>>
>>23550108
A guy traded me one for my broken SUV so I drove it across the country, but I had to ditch it at my dad's house and now I'm trying to sell it. I didn't realize people liked them so much. Maybe I should keep it.
>>
>>23548765
>daily a '95 LS400
>people keep asking me when I'll get a newer car, and if it costs a lot to keep it running
Why do people sperg out when they someone dailying an older car? It's not a 70s Jaguar for fucks sake.
Funnily enough one of the people who told me I should upgrade had to take his new Audi in under warranty because of DPF issues. Do many of you get people telling you to get a newer car?
>>
>>23556015
You getting bombed bra
>>
Any of you guys got aftermarket steering wheels?
I need a new one and was thinking of getting a momo montecarlo, but I don't like the bulges at the 10 and 2 position.
You guys know of any alternatives that have the same style without the hand grip bulges? I'd like the wheel to be the same thickness all the way around.
Doesn't need to be momo, just want something less ricey and a wider diameter than what i have.
>>
>>23556057
I like nice big thin round oem wheels.
>>
>>23556072
Yea thats what I'm looking for
All the ones im seeing are too thick, have the dumb stripe at the top, or are only suede/alcantara
My current wheel is like 11-12in in diameter, and I want something thinner than what I got, but not as thin as some oem wheels even though they are cool.
>>
File: P1000220 - Copy.jpg (457 KB, 1600x1200)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>23554946
Gotta start somewhere
My 2 cents, redo that whole intake for $50
A full size aftermarket pipe will fit across the top btw
>>23555879
lol I can do that
>>23556015
>>23556022
Nice!
>>23556053
>Why
Because normies, they are immune to logic
>>23556057
I saw a nice one in the last thread, stock wheel for an original 86 or something
>look them up
>$400+
Yep, nope
>>
File: IMG_7206.jpg (766 KB, 828x1247)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
how do you fix this shit? is it possible to heat it up with a dryer to straighen up or it'll just fuck it up more?
>>
File: 20201107_151842.jpg (2.19 MB, 4032x2268)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>23556725
I was considering just heat wrapping the intake instead of getting a custom one done since it sits above the header. Also plan to wire wheel some hardware and replace old shit like this coupling, but im not going too crazy. If I had the money I would go for a high compression build with ITBs but that will probably never happen.
>>
>>23556835
Honestly have no idea anon. I have the same dash but nothing like that
>>
>>23556835
The construction method here is 3 layers, vinyl wrapped over foam and then glued to plastic or metal (or sometimes both) underneath
I need to know if the vinyl and foam are still soft and pliable or hard and brittle before I can advise further
Try to get that vent out so you can get a good look at what's going on underneath
You'll likely have to pull the vent anyways to fix it properly
Assuming this is warpage due to sun exposure, sometimes the plastic underneath will be warped as well, in which case that really needs to be fixed as well, as it sets the form and shape for the rest of the construction
Hope that makes sense
>>23557081
Years ago I went to Autozone and got a standard run-of-the-mill Civic intake for my top piece, was like $30. It already has the right angle to fit the throttle body and it clears the hood, plus it has the small inlet for the high idle bypass hose. You can find some great rubber couplers at a place like Lowe's or Home Depot, they're about 4x thicker than what the auto parts stores sell and come with hose clamps already attached, they're like $5 each
The straight part down to the MAF is pretty universal so it shouldn't be too expensive to redo the whole thing
The heat wrap is a good idea, I didn't have a header and I don't think mine got too hot. I did put a universal cone filter on, and built a lexan box around it to ensure it was only pulling cold air from the front and side, worked great for many years
>>
>>23549136

true dat. i've got a 96 tacoma which is built, and a 93 4runner which is semi built, and i'm always fixing something lol. good thing it's my hobby.
>>
>want to work on car
>keeps snowing on my day off
Mad.
>>
>>23548765
weird to see my car as the original post ha

I have a AE92 wagon as well that i will be selling soon. Too many cars and just bought a 88 civic
>>
>>23558061
what price would you guys pay on this shitbox?

1990 DX
4afe 5 speed
no ac
15 inch wheels
ebay 32 way coilovers
clean inside and outside

I was thinking $2,200
>>
Here’s my 1st gen that I got for $800 and swapped in a 4.3l vortec
>>
>>23557946
Fixing or upgrading or preventative maintenance bro?
>>23558102
>2 Corollas and a Civic
Based af
If I had the cash I would give $3200 easily
But you're on the west coast US yeah? Things like these are easier to find there
Pretty sure it would sell in a day for 3200 on the east coast
Good looking car btw and I don't even like gold
How many miles on it? How long have you had it and any major work been done or needs to be done?
>>23558155
Nice, what trans and bellhousing?
>>
>>23558273
W56 out of an early 90s pickup, aa bellhousing and Howell harness
>>
>>23558349
That's a pricey adapter but neat man. How long have you been running that configuration? Any issues from the trans? What size tires, 33's?
>>
>>23558421
I know, luckily I was able to find the bellhousing and the Howell harness second hand for pretty cheap. The only aa part I purchased was the mounts. Trans is holding up fine so far but I’ve put maybe 200 miles on her since the swap, and yeah they’re 33”x10.5”
>>
>>23558273
Had the ae92 for 3 years or so
Yeah out west
170k miles replaced the alternator and waterpump recently and the suspension

Runs good I like that its a stick wagon similar to the Te72 in the original post
>>
>>23558620
That's a pretty damn good deal then considering
As much as I hate GM, the 4.3 vortec is a good engine
I had an '87, nothing special all stock, but I did drive it across the country several times
Keep an eye on your front ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm etc, the big tires like to wear all that out if you put a lot of miles on it
>>23558687
Hell I'd love to have it, I'm a sucker for a nice station wagon. Can't really justify it even if I did have the cash, I have too many cars already as well lol
But yeah if I were in your shoes and had to pick, I'd save the older one too
>>
File: bangbangbang.gif (644 KB, 500x500)
644 KB
644 KB GIF
>around 5 weeks left of winter
aaaaa I wanna drive mr2 now
>>
File: 1611083800316.jpg (52 KB, 1200x680)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>23560104
>5 more weeks of this shit
>>
>>23558061
Are those CCW wheels? I want whatever they are!
>>
File: 1976-toyota-corolla-ad-1.jpg (2.86 MB, 1371x2012)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>23560104
>>23560120
Pretty much this
>>
File: IMG_20210208_145115i.jpg (3.39 MB, 4608x3124)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
I'm pretty much 2/3 of my dream garage
>>
"3SGTE swapping a 1995 Camry - a comprehensive series,"
Coming soon™ to a recommended page near you.
(About 60% done with editing the first video, still gotta do voiceover tho)
>>
File: soon.png (954 KB, 2247x1309)
954 KB
954 KB PNG
>>23561858
FUCK, forgot pic
>>
>>23561858
>>23561863
Keep me posted
>>
>>23556022
that car looks as generic as everything made today, def not classic in any sense of the word.
>>
>>23561900
kek, ok buddy
>>
>>23561863
Sikkybrah
>>
>>23561484
Jealous of the 185
>>
Do rotors matter whether eBay or popular name brand?
>>
>>23562181
Nah, there's no difference between $30 chinese ebay rotors vs reputable name brand OEM rated companies that do r&d, race events and team sponsorships. I think you'll be pefectly fine relying on cast Chinese iron to stop your vehicle.
>>
>>23562199
not him, but desu if it's for a daily driver, wouldn't make much of a difference. The more expensive ones tho would be waaaay less prone to warping, probably quieter, and might last longer. If it's a car that is going to be driven even moderately spiritedly, do NOT cheap out on shit like brakes. That's how you fucking die. rule 1 is don't cheap out on tires (on any car actually) rule 2 is don't cheap out on brakes, and rule 3 is don't cheap out/botch fuel related shit
>>
>>23562221
>but desu if it's for a daily driver, wouldn't make much of a difference
Id disagree, think in the context of emergency stops.
I test all my brakes with a full force lock-up panic stop from like 50mph. I wouldn't want to put cheap ebay rotors on my car knowing I have to rely on them to potentially save my life in a pinch. Rotors and pads are so cheap anyway its really not worth it to get knockoff parts. Ebay is fine for a lot of things but brakes and wheel spacers should never be bought from there.
>>
>>23560104
>Tfw another 2 weeks for parts to repair mine

God damn it I missed all the snow we had, wanted to try sliding about in it, only ended up being able to do some hand brake drifts in my 2001 fiesta
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on itbs? I've seen videos of them on 20v and 16v 4ages and I would like to put some on my aw11 at some point as they sound amazing but I'm a bit confused on the actual workings of them

Is the fuel injection stuff still retained and you basically just change the air intake? Can I still use a stock ecu? And do they increase fuel consumption like bike carbs would? From my understanding it's just a shorter air intake with 4 butterfly valves instead of one
>>
Anyone here have experience building pre-vvti 1UZs? I've got a 92 LS400 that I'd like to build up to ~500whp at some point, but most of the information about building 1UZs is from ancient forum posts, and I'd imagine tech has gotten better. I imagine I'd need exhaust, fuel system, valves and springs, mild cams, aftermarket ECU, and some sort of supercharger, but I'm not sure how much boost I'd need. It seems like the usual m112/m120 superchargers are easy to install, but I don't think they'd provide enough boost for 500hp at good temps. What kind of setup would I be looking at for 500hp that's reliable enough for street use?
>>
>>23561484
What's the remaining 1/3?
A truck I hope!
>>23561863
Sweet mane can't wait
>>23561900
Looks are subjective, but guess which one's going to last longer?
>>23562199
Chinese brakes work so well they cause the road to open up underneath them when they stop
>>
>>23562221
My list is similar but it goes
Steering and everything related, tie rod ends, ball joints etc
Brakes
Tires
Everything else
>>
>>23548765
Good day
>>
>>23563994
2 things that were made to last forever, based af, cheers m8
>>
>>23563994
>>23564013
I would dare say 2 of the best designs ever in the history of mankind
>>
>>23563994
>underdong
>>
What would be the ideal Japan car brand for me?
> only brands founded from the year 1950 onwards
> I hate jeep
> I hate cars with military origins
> I hate car brands that have built military vehicles
> I hate muscle cars
> I hate car brands from Germany And South Korea
>>
File: IMG_20210210_145707i.jpg (3.53 MB, 4608x2936)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
>>23562114
Is nice and even nicer in winter.
>>23563743
Hilux or a Land Cruiser from the same era as the Celica. Hilux with a fifth wheel/gooseneck would be kewl.
>>23560104
>>23560120
>>23561235
Best times
>>
>>23548765
even the Road Warrior Cressida
>>
>>23565550
>mel gibson
>80s toyotas
Two of my favourite things
>>
File: 1981_houston-tx-9.jpg (217 KB, 1200x800)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>23565350
>Hilux or Land Cruiser
My man
>>
File: 3252354.png (787 KB, 1223x868)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
Pretty good info here. Watched many of his videos while swapping my mr2.
>>
>>23562571
>>23567025
forgot to quote
>>
File: NJDOT_Bumps_Sign.svg.png (35 KB, 1024x1024)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>
>>23568460
kek, based
>>
>>23561235
Thank you for posting that picture, anon. I've been looking for a car that looks similar to the AE86 Trueno but not hideously overpriced.
>>
File: toyota_yaris_1999_2.jpg (73 KB, 500x500)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
I know this doesn't still really fit in here, but keep in mind that the oldest yaris is going to be 23 years old this year.
>>
File: 84446486_614.jpg (66 KB, 614x614)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>23568511
Ehh yw but those don't even look close, at least imo
Try to find a pic rel mk3 Celica hatch or even a mk2 Supra for something that looks a little closer
Just my $0.02 btw, if you're deadset on a '76 Corolla we won't hold it against you but good luck finding one
>>
>>23568603
Let me just post the meme car for comparison
>>
>>23568713
Possibly better view and color scheme for comparison
>>
File: Starlet_ad.jpg (489 KB, 1152x1500)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
54 mpg in 1980!
>>
File: 1613173581411.png (748 KB, 949x426)
748 KB
748 KB PNG
>>
File: 20201013_121954.jpg (2.56 MB, 4367x2235)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>23548765

salt and rust much work for early spring to fix but for now I just enjoys some driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT-yun8af4k
>>
just picked up a 1988 tercel ez 3 door hatch yesterday. 167k on it, 1 owner, super clean. car looks brand new aside from needed a paint correction. super hard to find parts for though, but i love it
>>
>>23570135
El Cressidamino?
>>23570883
That's some nice looking country you have to drive around in brother
>>23570942
Congrats! Stock up on parts now and you'll be good for another 167k
>>
File: IMG_2533 - Copy.jpg (1.04 MB, 1600x1583)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
Everyone in /ctg/ disappears on the weekends
Where do you all go? lol
>>
File: Resized_20200827_195837.jpg (351 KB, 900x1600)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>23571979
I'm always lurking, Its just too cold to do anything.
>>
>>23571979
mostly doing handbrake turns on icy roads or other stuff
>>
>>23568603
>>23568713
Looking at them side by side they admittedly aren't as similar as I thought they were when I made that post, but I still really like the look of the sr5. I found a red 1986 one for $3.5k, it will probably need some work but I think it looks nice.
>>
>>23571986
Amen, cold and rainy here
Is that climate control temp or engine temp
>>23572021
I suppose you're right lol
>>23572320
An '86 will be much closer, good deal and good luck!
>>
File: 5h5gclijxbbz.jpg (646 KB, 3072x1942)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
BUMP
>>
Working on my bros Celica is more important than thots!
>>
>>23574647
Based
>>
File: 1613260023662.jpg (30 KB, 368x448)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>23574647
you have your priorities!
>>
File: 1611860788576.png (181 KB, 440x540)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>23561484
>tfw I owned a 1987 Toyota celica and 1999 Lexus GS300.
>both were destroyed in car accidents by drunk drivers
>both cars did their job and protected me.

I miss both of them. You are lucky to have them!
>>
>>23565350
nice lip
several of mine got smeared by road critters
>>
>>23574775
>drunk drivers
never drink 'n' drive, folks. it's never worth it.
>>
File: IMG_20210212_092701i.jpg (3.14 MB, 4608x3456)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>23565827
Never seen one of those before. Looks sick
>>23574775
My condolences. Both are great cars. You never bought another ones to replace them?
>>23574779
Thats what im afraid of too
>>
File: 1596889910454.jpg (76 KB, 1024x576)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Anyone here ever replaced the freeze plugs on their 4age? I'm halfway through doing the headgasket and just had a look at them. No leaks and I don't feel like doing them but I'm already this deep. Strange though that through all of the forum posts I've read I haven't seen anyone mention them. They worth doing if it never snows where I live?
>>
>>23575782
In 25 years of working on cars (always freezes where I've lived btw) I think I've replaced one, only because it was leaking
If you're doing a full rebuild for show then I guess it's nice to have some shiny new ones, otherwise don't fix it if it isn't broken I say
>>23575586
>Looks sick
I thought so too. A custom coach builder did both the truck and camper and only made one or two iirc. Guy had it for sale recently for $25k
>>
BUMP
>>
>>23575586
I now drive a 2003 Lexus LS430. I love it to pieces as it is very comfortable but it isn't as fun as my celica or GS300.
>>
File: VB1.jpg (3.72 MB, 2985x2183)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
Happy Lonely-Driver's Day!
After replacing a couple fuel return lines in the Supra it now drives great and the cold start/bad idle seem to be fixed now. Also did my AE92 radiator in an hour. Been a good day, gotta take care of my girls. Life's been crazy otherwise I would post more.
Enjoy pics from today 1/2
>>
File: Vb2.jpg (3.62 MB, 2992x2227)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
2/2
God I need to get the wheel/shifter reupholstered...
>>
>>23549156
the first car looks like a Lexus LS, but what's the second cat?
>>
>>23578328
>cat
CAR
>>
>>23578347
Soarer I believe
>>23578166
>>23578176
Sweet man glad to hear. The shift knob is easy if you want a simple and cheap fix, take the leather off, it's a nice smooth black plastic underneath. The wheel, personally I'd look into getting one off an '84 or '85 Supra or Celica GT-S, as you may find the design more aesthetically pleasing
Unless ofc you really want to keep the blue
>>
File: 778.jpg (61 KB, 700x464)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>23578347
meow?
>>
>>23577548
I always liked the LS I just don't have room for a big car.
>>
Bump before work
Fuck Mondays btw
>>
>>23548765
Looking for a somewhat sporty econobox to tinker with. I really like the 1970's corollas but also worry about after market support.
So I guess the short list for Toyota I'm considering is
>2nd, 5th or 6th gen Corolla
>1st gen Celica
Which of these would be best for this? Any engines to seek out / avoid? Burger btw.
>>
>>23580926
Are you really going to be able to find E20 corollas or A20 celicas that aren't completely rusted away or $10,000?
>>
>>23580934
Not entirely sure. I'm trying to figure out what I should be looking for.
>>
>>23580976
The only realistic cars I see on that little list are 5th and 6th gen corollas.
>>
Thread needs more trucks.
>>
>>23578166
sweet ride anon, just remove that crappy door trim plastic and paint it satin black as original. same with the windshield trim, it really makes a huge difference in overall exterior appearance. also the wheel and shift knob upholstery are huge improvements, i send them a while back and it looks brand new now. the hardest part was to get an exact color match leather
>>
Did someone go around every scrapyard in the US buying all of the aw11 radio bezels?
>>
File: IMG_2523 - Copy.jpg (657 KB, 1200x900)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>23580926
What level is your tinker skill
What's your budget
What's the eventual goal for the car
(Daily driver, weekend cruiser, casual racer etc)
Anything from the 70's or 80's will fit the econobox part, For the somewhat sporty part, you're probably better off looking at the 80's+
I take it you're not in a hurry, so take your time, save up money, and be ready to jump when a deal pops up.
Parts cars are always good to have too
Past that I'd say don't rule anything out, they can all be a lot of fun. Spend wisely and the chances of losing money on the initial investment are slim
Only engine to avoid is the 3VZE that they put in the trucks. The 3VZFE is fine and hardly related. Early 7M's known to have a factory undertorqued head bolt and subsequent blowing headgasket problem but that's easy to fix
>>23581344
Love mine, pic rel
Half ton pfft, how about a full ton!
>>23582355
Yes it's an easily and commonly broken part for everything of this era
>>
>>23581758
Was thinking of doing this on my celica but I only have gloss black, will it reeeeeeeaaaaally matter?
>>
>>23578347
92 Soarer
>>
>>23582806
well, there was some discussion en the mk2 supra facebook group about the glossines of the trim a while back, i think it came gloss from the factory but i went with semi gloss and it looks brand new
>>
>>23582806
>>23583527
Really depends on the color of the car, it's a nice stainless under the factory plastic and it polishes up nice, or can be brushed with a wire wheel
My Celica's white and I'm a lazy pos so I just removed the plastic and brushed the metal
On a dark car I could see painting it black if you didn't want blingy chrome-like trim
>>
>>23583527
Gloss it is.
>>23583609
If I were going any other paint scheme I'd just go back to the chrome/stainless - looked just fine on my old red SW20.
But I'm painting the car white, and after a bit of experimenting with the rocker panels I've found the black/white contrast really sets off the car, so I'm going all out on the factory trim colour scheme.
(not that it reeeeeaaaly matters with the quality of my paint job)
>>
>>23583635
Ah yeah fair enough, color and all that is subjective. On a white car, the stainless will blend in with the paint, while the black will blend in with the glass and rubber seals and mirror housings etc
I got on a "removing" kick last summer and think I'm going to stick with that theme for now. Removed all the interior, fender flares and trim, wing, all the innards from the hatch, power antenna and anything else I could find that wasn't critical. Also all the EGR and emissions. It's got to be significantly lighter now and I like it.
Anyways that was another reason I just got rid of the old plastic coating on the trim
It's just a fun car to me, will never be for show. It had a huge gash in the side when I came upon it 15 years ago so yeah
/blogpost
This is SRA Celica anon isn't it?
>>
>>23583826
How many times do I have to tell you it has IRS!
Yeah after looking at your car I did an experiment and painted the rocker white on one side and freshened up the black on the other side. I looked at it long and hard over several days, I like the all white
- it looked good, but the black just made it pop.
Don't worry my paint job is about as far away from show car quality as you can get but I don't care because I do it the way I want it.
>>
>>23583887
Ohh yeahh I remember now
Sorry bro i think about a lot of cars and can't remember all the details of them all, my bad
It's nice to have a good looking car with perfect paint, but it's more important to have no rust
I'm a big fan of cheap "good enough" paint jobs
You can always make it better later
Cheers m8 o/
>feel free to post pics of your progress btw
It's too cold and wet to do much of anything here, but I am getting ready to put new front calipers on my truck
It's needed them for 7 years now lol
>>
>>23584185
Yeah my motto is; once the mechanicals are all 100% then maybe I can go back and do the cosmetics properly, but until then everything's getting the "good enough" treatment!
>>
File: 1611286719305.png (3.95 MB, 1901x1408)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>23548765
ive been driving my mr2 around in all this cold weather and snowy icy roads perform just as good as my Tahoe what traction control and abs mr2 does fine
>>
thinking of getting a levin / ae111 and learning to wrench. anyone own one around here? currently driving an altezza but its an auto 1g so not really the best platform to build off. good car though
>>
>>23585099
>Altezza
Fellow kiwi or auscuck? Manual swap it and chuck a supercharger on it, there's kits for the 1g-fe.
>>
>>23585099
>>23585210
GE head and a trust exhaust
It still won't go any faster but fuck it'll sound good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=02Hswz_HVrc
>>
>>23584382
Amen, that's a good way to be
>>23584710
>Tahoe
Pickup or SUV? They're both heavy beasts, and while I'm not a fan of GM, I will say that with the right tires, the SUV does pretty well in the deep snow for what it is
Conversely, what tires are you running on your MR2 in the snow?
>>23585099
Brother you can start learning to wrench any day on anything, small or large. If you want to build something and you have the money, sure go for an AE111. My usual advice is get something really cheap, that way you minimize your losses if you fuck it up or decide wrenching isn't for you. The more wrenching it needs the cheaper it'll be lol. Don't forget you're going to need a bunch of tools as time goes on and that expense adds up. But yeah you can start learning today for free
> t, mechanic of 25 years
>>
BUMP
>>
>>23558273
>>>23557946(You)
>Fixing or upgrading or preventative maintenance bro?

stupid shit like a broken parking cable, missing heat shield, broken / cracking vaccum lines, shifty power window rails etc. all the of big stuff is good, and everytime i broke something i would upgrade.
>>
>>23582964
>>23578648
thanks
I believe us europoors got the Soarer as the Lexus SC instead

looks nice, will keep an eye out for it now
>>
>>23585210
nz. not a bad idea but i dont really see much point in doing all that when from my understanding the 3s is a much better platform to work off. dont have the guts or the cash just yet to pull off a manual conversion either lol plus i dont think ill hold onto the tezz for too much longer.

>>23586027
thanks for the words of encouragement. ae111s are only a couple grand over here so no major investment and ive always liked the look of them.
>>
File: 8734983272.jpg (276 KB, 1712x1025)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
I want an a70....
>>
File: received_250479023377714.jpg (1.17 MB, 3024x4032)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Oil changes are optional right?
>>
>>23590289
Dear God what happened
>>
>>23590289
Fucking yikes
Not yours I hope
>>
How much would a mint condition AW11 set me back? I've got this AW11 that runs fine, but everything about the car is worn out. I'm not sure if I should invest more into restoring this car instead of finding a better example. At the very least, I'd like the interior to not smell like tobacco or feel like it's held together by chicken wire.

Seeing pictures online of people's mint MR2's and then looking at mine makes me feel like shit man
>>
>>23590390
Of course prices depend a lot on miles and options.
I can only speak on US prices I've seen recently, if you want like museum quality, truly mint condition then upwards of 15k. If you want something near mint that you can drive around town without constantly being paranoid of getting a tiny scratch then 5-7k
The money isn't the hard part, the hard part is finding someone willing to let go of one, and then getting there before someone else does lol
>>23590289
That's pretty bad
>>23589014
Go get you one
>>
Stud for the timing tensioner snapped. Please tell me I won’t have to replace a perfectly good oil pump.
>>
>>23592114
>>
>>23592114
>>23592117
Depends on if you can get the broken piece out ofc. Worst case tho it's just an oil pump, shouldn't be that expensive
Try a left hand drill bit and an easy out if you don't have a welder
Why is there an aftermarket bracket and why does it look like it's off center on that broken stud

Just put a set of Altezza tails on my pickup lol
5 of 6 bulbs were original Koito, from 1993
They don't make them like they used to
Pics later because the truck is filthy and will remain filthy for the next few days due to road salt
Everyone knows what Altezza tails look like anyways
>>
>>23592117
Hope you've got room in there for an extractor bit and a drill son
>>
>>23591318
The issue with finding an MR2 is that you have to buy the car quickly, without doing an inspection or anything, or else someone else is gonna pick up the car before you. I thought my example at 4k wasn't too bad, but issues kept popping up as I drove it. I'm not sure if I should take another gamble with a second car, pay top dollar for some 10k+ pristine model, or say fuck it and invest every nickle and dime into restoring this car.
>>
>>23592288
Yeah no doubt, that's why I said
>getting there before someone else does
That's the same issue with anything desirable brother, because there's always someone with more money that's willing to put whatever it needs into it. OR they're just going to strip it out and race it etc
Likewise, issues will pop up on anything that old. I never have a problem rationalizing putting money into an old Toyota because I know it's going to last, money well spent. Now if the exact same issues keep popping up over and over then something else is wrong lol
Getting an additional car won't be a gamble because then you'll have 2, and 2 is always better than 1. Or you can get the smell out, you can get the seats reupholstered and replace the carpet. You've got a lot of options. But if you really love the car and want to keep it for as long as possible, get a 2nd car / parts car etc. It just makes life so much easier. That's what I'd do anyways
>>
>>23592506
I just looked at the market for AW11's, I think I'm gonna just suck it up and restore what I already have, unless an MK1.5 car shows up, but I'm not counting on that. Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>23592595
don't buy someone elses swap
>>
>>23592680
I passed up a 20-valve swapped AW11 for 3 grand and I regret it every day.
Dont buy someone's PROJECT I think is what you mean to say.
>>
>>23592680
>>23593721
Idk bros, there's a right price for everything
But I'm pretty fearless
>>23592595
YW and good luck ^^
>>
File: 20210102_165012.jpg (3.2 MB, 3449x1940)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
>>23593721
I bought someone else's swap and ironically its the only part of the car that doesn't need my attention. Ganted a transmission swap is much simpler.
>>
>>23592680
It depends on the quality of the swap. I'm not gonna buy a project if it doesn't run or has some other issue, but I know that a good condition MK1.5 would be expensive, even though mods usually decrease value. If I got an MK1.5, I'd just use my current car as a parts car for it instead.

I'd like to have the swap done on my car eventually, but I don't want to double the power without making the rest of the car able to handle that power. I'll figure it out.
For now, here's a list of the issues with my car, off the top of my head:

>The gas pedal feels mushy and unresponsive in any gear above first
>The shifter needs to be forced into gear half the time, isn't smooth at all. Not sure why, might have to do with the short shifter the previous owner installed
>When I go above 6k rpm, the voltage gauge shoots up and the battery, cooling fan, and e-brake lights turn on all at once
>Previous owner added window tint so bad that I can barely see out of the car at night unless I roll the windows down
>Constantly leaking oil
>Smells like tobacco
>Cigarette lighter doesn't work
>Interior trunk release doesn't work
>The sunroof can't be opened or it'll make a whistling noise when I drive above parking lot speeds
>The radio reception is fucked, sometimes will work just fine for a minute, and then static
>Sometimes a cassette will get stuck in the headunit, so I'll have to open up the radio to get it out
>Floor/carpet is tearing and needs to be replaced, I can see the steel floor
>Only one headlight works on high beams (I don't use high beams much anyway, so this'll be one of the last fixes)

This all might make the car sound a pile of junk, but somehow the spark is still there when I drive. I still want to drive it, but mainly in it's prime instead of the state it's in right now.

https://youtu.be/4lFE4eh2dKY This build gives me motivation.

In the end, it's a 30+ year old car, so this stuff isn't too bad, but I just hope that I can restore it.
>>
File: 1588313014652.jpg (68 KB, 720x960)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
98 tacoma here. i don't know anything about wheels or anything. i have P205/75/R14 tires on and i want to get Michelin X-Ice Snow tires put on. do the numbers have to be exactly the same besides the R14 size? the closest i see to my size is 175/65R14, would these work? is it ok to have a narrower width and narrower sidewall?
>>
File: 20201130_092436.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x3024)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
My recently acquired 60 series project
>>
>>23596164
Also forgot to mention that the wife and I both have 2nd gen 4runners, locked front/rear on 37s
>>
>>23590322
It's a friends he was given it from his old man who only drove 5 mins to work each day so it never got serviced
>>
>>23590291

a good 15 years of only being driven 5 mins a day and no services
>>
File: 1587086584398.jpg (66 KB, 800x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
*Twist bolt right*
*Twist bolt right*
*Twist bolt right*
CLUNK
*Ratchet goes slack*
*Ratchet reaches Mach 1 on it's flight across the garage*
>>
File: IMG_2522.jpg (1020 KB, 1600x1200)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
>>23596094
175/65 is going to be a tiny ass tire on a truck, and your speedometer will be off (high) at highway speed, and you won't be able to haul as much weight. 205/70 is as small as I go on my 93 pickup. Pic rel are the 205/70 14 summer tires
>>23596164
>>23596165
Nice!
>>23596213
>>23596218
Worst thing you can do to a turbo aye
Well if it still runs ok just clean the sludge out and voila
>>
>>23596218
>>23596213
Sometimes I fear the rod knock goblin but then I realized I change my oil. I managed to drive my car home 90 minutes with half a gallon of rust in the cooling system.. Bless toyota for engineering cars that can survive retards
>>
File: 1583328343914.jpg (270 KB, 1280x960)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>23596448
ok so i'm thinking about getting studded tires now instead anyway since i do only have 2wd but i can't find much for P205/R14 tire size besides these, what do you think?
Firestone Winterforce - STUDDED 205/75R14 $388 shipped 95Shttps://www.vulcantire.com/tire_detail/winterforces_s.htm_4806
>>
never mind. those tires are out of stock and probably discontinued or whatever. how about these i found on amazon, they are 195mm width tho but thats the best i seem to be able to do with only R14
Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter Radial Tire - 195/70R14 91T
Mastercraft Glacier Trex Winter Tire - 195/70R14 91T
Cooper Tire Evolution Winter 195/70R14 91T Tire
these can have studs inserted. will the tire shop be able to put studs in them?
>>
>>23595154
>gas pedal
Maybe you could try getting a new throttle cable. That would be the only reason for that.
>shifter
Try adjusting the clutch pedal. It could be that it’s not pushing the rod far enough so it’s not fully disengaging the clutch. Then you can change the slave cylinder and bleed.
>>
>>23596594 me
>>23596822 me
i'm gonna get these. is this good?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Hankook-Winter-I-pike-Rs-w419-P205-75r14-Tires-2057514-205-75-14/383541946908?epid=1065698914&hash=item594ce1aa1c:g:stYAAOSwRUJeuXe6
>>
what makes it so expensive?
>>
>>23597646
Cuz supra
>>
Newfag here, my brother gifted me his Rav4 '97 4x4(2 doors version) last year and it's been mostly fine besides losing force uphill sometimes. And I sure wish it didn't consume as much as it does.

Anyway, since december last year sometimes I had this issue where the key wouldn't go all the way so I couldn't ignite, but it only happened sparingly; however, recently it started to happen more and more, to the point that I spent like 20 minutes trying to ignite today, and then when I wanted to repeat it I spent another 10 more.

That being said, I'm unemployed and broke as fuck atm so I cant afford a mechanic for now to look into it, so the only thing that occurred to me was leaving the spare key fitted in for the next time I wanted to use it.

I made sure no lights were turned on when I exited the car, but I was still unsure if leaving the key in the hole would cause any issues of any kind, anyone know if its safe to do that for now?
>>
>>23548765
Is my Paseo a hairdresser car?
>>
File: photo_2020-10-14_12-39-49.jpg (170 KB, 1080x1055)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>23575586
>Thats what im afraid of too
bought a small black TTE style lip, hit a coyote month later
>month passes
buy another, smear another coyote
>month passes
treat myself from my suffering and buy a Greddy front lip and get it properly paint matched, pic related
>smash into a coyote and split it in half at 9pm, for the 3rd time in a row
>>
>>23550108
There's a guy in my neighborhood who owns two LS400s. They seem unmodified and I know they drive because they occasionally move to different spots. Very tempted to ask to buy one from him.
>>
What would you guys say is a good classic toyota that would get me into wrenchin and fixing, while also being a good daily. Preferably not your average corolla.
>>
>>23596594
>>23596822
>>23597591
Do you have a second set of wheels and tires?
Do you live in a state where studs are legal?
Do you plan on putting a couple hundred pounds of weight in the bed to drive around in the snow?
Consider just getting a set of chains if the answer to any of these is no
Snow tires make a difference and studs help too but not as much as you'd think. Chains on the other hand can't be beat
>>23596588
They really did lol
>>23597817
This
>>23598019
Spray some WD-40 in the keyhole, run the key in and out a few times
>>23598023
Probably but post it anyways lol
>>23598086
You need a metal grille/bumper/lip
>>23598185
Do it!
>>23598200
Anything that doesn't have a 3VZE V6, whatever you can find. Corollas are great tho
>>
>>23598369
>You need a metal grille/bumper/lip
coyotes are light enough that they just get sucked up underneath but make quite the noise. my front bumper isnt even that flexible so im kind of impressed it hasnt cracked
i dont live in arizona anymore so i dont run into those pests now
>>
>>23598376
Ahh I misinterpreted, thought you meant split the lip in half, good deal m8
>>
>>23598433
the other front lips were torn straight from their mounting and glue, but the greddy lip did physically split into two pieces.
>>
>>23598369
>Do you have a second set of wheels and tires?
soon
>>23598369
>Do you live in a state where studs are legal?
yes
>>23598369
>Do you plan on putting a couple hundred pounds of weight in the bed to drive around in the snow?
maybe. the other set of wheels will have all season tires
>>
File: No Dox.png (455 KB, 640x480)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
Finally got my AW11 back. It's been gone for ages whilst my friend's garage work on it.

There was a lot of rot we didn't know about.

It's all fixed up and welded now, but fuck. That was not something I wanted to hear. Last garage did a shit job of it and didn't clean the area properly. Great.
>>
File: stþ.jpg (20 KB, 700x468)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>22re
>runs like shit
>exhaust manifold bolts are stripped
>burns oil like crazy
here's the fun part
>replace the engine
>still runs like shit
>>
>>23598751
my trugg always runs like shit but it fires up first crank everytime.
flawless in the sense that it never leaves me stranded
>>
>>23598764
it literally feels like it only has 40hp
if adjusting the TPS does nothing its getting a 1kz with 4m40 injection pump
>>
>>23598436
Well shit lol
>>23598503
Cool man. You're going to need weight in the back
I know chains don't appeal to most people but they work the best. Yeah they can be a pain to put on and take off but in a lot of cases they work better than 4wd. Cheaper than a set of tires and last longer too if you take care of them
>>23598683
Congrats! Let it be known that prep work is everything
>>23598751
Sorry to hear that. Mine run great. Source for your replacement? Assuming junkyard or Jasper, since Toyota doesn't sell new engines and you wouldn't be complaining if you got an LC
Checked your fuel pump/pressure?
Also this
>>23598764
I'll trade some power for 300k miles of reliability. It's all good tho, to each their own. I had fast cars when I was young, now I care about different things
Cheers m8's o/
>>
>>23599093
Got the engine from a truck I got for scrap value(200 usd) ran good in the old truck
Would never buy a new or remanufactured engine
These engines are worthless here, nobody wants them
>>
>>23599137
Well at least you don't have much in it
If it ran good in the old truck, and you swapped the whole thing, injectors fuel rails, etc, that leaves the ECU and the fuel pump, or possibly really simple things like ground cables, alternator voltage, which I assume you checked
>worthless here
Where's here?
>>
>>23599172
I have tried another ecu and if I start thinking its the wiring loom its going into the trash
Here is iceland
>>
>>23599191
Oh wow cool man, I'm a big fan of both
Björk and merino wool, not even joking
What kind of gasoline do you have available there? (Octane rating) And really should check your fuel pressure and pressure regulator if you haven't already. If it feels like it's got no power but it's running well otherwise, that's almost a sure sign. Put some fuel system cleaner in for the next few tanks (and some high octane) and see if it helps. I'm between 2k and 4k feet and I notice a huge difference between 87 and 93
I hope you'll stick around in the threads, would love to see some Yotas out and about in your beautiful country
>>
>>23599393
I will try these things
Only gas in my town is 95 euro octane which is 91 american
I usually post in /org/ but its usually subaru fags posting about how they survived a dirt road and yanks on low profile tires scared to air down past 20psi
>>
File: IMG_2656 - Copy.jpg (1.88 MB, 2000x1500)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>23599441
I've got a Subaru and it's great but I'm not impressed at all with how it goes in the snow. I'm biased by some Audis I owned back in the day that were literal tanks in the snow. Factory dual diff locks etc. But I digress
Yota's are a lot of fun off road, even my little 2wd pickup can make it places where some new 4wd's choose not to tread. Give me some chains and a comealong with enough recovery strap and I'm fearless
Wish I had some pics of all this to share sadly I've lost 3 hdd's recently and that wiped out most of my archive
I'll take some pics this coming spring and summer. I'm in the mountains and love to go thru them
Pic rel and also >>23571979
>>
File: Image3224.jpg (1.08 MB, 2048x1536)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
So I have an AW11, going on a date possibly tomorrow or Saturday with a cute dental assistant, she has an Audi A1, will it work out between us bros?

There's another girl into me with a Bug Eye WRX but she's a bed bound cripple right now. Sad times, really wanted to race through the Welsh hills with her. Poor lass.
>>
>>23599595
>will it work out
Who knows, best of luck to you tho!
What happened to the other girl?
Assuming she wasn't always like that since she has a car
Someone had to ask o.o
>>
>>23599595

I had an AW11 which I fully restored with slight modifications: updated suspension, bigger brakes, 4age 20v ITBs... to this day it's the most fun I've ever had in a car.
>>
>>23601185
Thanks, lad! Going for a blast around the Welsh mountains.

Ah, Scooby girl has Gastroparesis and some motor neurological problem and she's been stuck in bed since August. Really sad, and rather ironic. At the start of 2020 she was a carer for the sick and elderly, now she needs one herself. Tried cheering her up and helping her get through it but I have doubts about her ability to get better, and so does she. She's holding out for nothing right now and I can;t even go and cheer her up because lockdown and shit.

>>23601207
I'm hoping to start making modifications to it soon, gonna get a great tuner buddy of mind to help. I'm stoked for summer, lads.
>>
File: dagumi.jpg (785 KB, 1920x1080)
785 KB
785 KB JPG
>>
>>23599538
Comfy
>>
>>23601243
Don't go for a "blast" unless you're sure she's into it, just have a nice cruise and a nice dinner
Only thing most chicks care about is not feeling the road under them
>>23601484
Nice car, nice wheels, idk about that hood scoop tho
>>23602495
Thanks, it is indeed very comfy in the hills
Is offroading in Iceland really restricted or can you go where ever
Also are your rears spaced out or is that just the angle
I broke my neck looking at this sideways btw lol
>>
>>23603338
I can drive anywhere as long as the ground is covered in a sufficient amount of snow
Wheels are the same width front and rear. I think they are stock steelies from some kind of chevy truck that have been widened by 5”
Truck looked way better with a bed and I am getting desprate on finding a new one
>>
>>23603338
> idk about that hood scoop tho
It needs the scoop
>>
>>23604612
why
>>
File: celica.jpg (957 KB, 2592x1944)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>23604620
>>
>>23604764
worthy, nice.
>>
>>23599595
I remember always stealing this model MR2 in the PlayStation 2 game the Getaway. It’s the best car available early on game wise.
>>
>>23604764
Supremely based. Wish I had stacks on my 5m
>>
File: 4yrd4v.jpg (126 KB, 888x499)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>23604764
Ok it makes sense now
>>
File: 20201226_160256.jpg (1.65 MB, 4032x2268)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>23604925
Hey I have one of those!
>>
>>23603411
It just kind of hit me, probably because I'm retarded and blind, that's a 4 door with a 22R, and what, 35'' tires? No wonder you feel like you're down on power
What's your final (ring and pinion) ratio?
Really surprised Toyota put the 22R in the 4 door, we never got them here. Cool af truck man
>>
>>23604932
Yes you inspired me bro
Shit cracks me up every time lol
>>
File: 20201224_095644.jpg (119 KB, 720x695)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>23605005
Peeker game is a real thing
>>
File: P_20210220_084925_1.jpg (3.03 MB, 4000x3000)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
Swapped the rear ball joints and a tie rod end on the aw11 and took it for an alignment and found this on the front, both sides were loose and one was only half in, that'd explain my braking swerving issue

Feels so much better now, like a whole new car, gonna keep an eye on them from now on
>>
>>23596588
I drove my old Celica that had sat for 15 years home. It was a 2 hour drive the coolant was more rust than water god only knows how old the oil was... any 80's/90's Toyota are based brother!
>>
File: Viqbrc0X_400x400.jpg (10 KB, 275x275)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
I wish the Honda or datsun fags could get their shit together and have comfy classic threads like toyota always does. I have literally no one to talk about 2nd/3rd gen preludes with, the only people who own them seem to be "influencers" , and im a 25 year old boomer so fuck that. I'm proud of you guys, may all of you find the aw11 of your dreams , just dont be faggots and race them. Every running aw11 in the world at this point should be treasured and live a peaceful life.
>>
>>23604764
dope
>>
>>23605705
Sorry anon I drive my aw11 pretty hard, it's just too much fun not too, I'm keeping up on rust prevention and component replacements and I don't drive over my limit
>>
>>23605705
I drive mine hard but I also look after it, I love my AW11 but with work requiring long haul drives to different railways around the UK, I may invest in a 300ZX Z32 or Century.

My AW11 was my first car and I'll never let it go. It's really special to me.
>>
>>23605001
Tires are 37”, ratio 4.88
But this isnt the truck with the problem thats a stock-ish extra cab i dont have a pic
>>
Bros why are ECUs such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>23597646
1. Targa top
2. Manual, since it's '91 it might even be an R154
I'm glad I got mine before the massive price hike.
>>
>>23605655
Nightmare fuel right there
>>23606030
Oh I see, well, what's the tire size and final ratio on that one? Also what engine is in your 4 door
>>23606045
The old ones typically aren't, what kind of issues are you having and on what vehicle?
>>
>>23606353
Upgrading to an aftermarket ECU on MA70. There's no plug 'n' play.
>>
>>23606353
The extra cab is original ratio 4.56 on 31's
I actually think its the MAF
double cab is also 22re, I got it for cheap with no bed
>>
File: 20210102_002514.jpg (1.46 MB, 3799x2137)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>23605705
As someone who rescued his car from an instagram hooligan I appreciate this post.
>>
>>23606361
Ahh. Lots of fun tweaking tho. Which aftermarket ECU are you going with and what's been done to the engine? Is it turbo?
>>23606873
Damn that's amazing.
So with 4.88 rear end and 37's you're happy with the performance? Have you done anything to that engine?
So far as the other truck goes, the 22RE MAF's are pretty bulletproof unless someone's been in there messing with the settings, which is usually easy to tell, because you have to cut the silicone seal to get inside. What makes you think it's the MAF? Also, any check engine light or codes stored?
>>
>>23608432
4.88 37's and 22re is ok nothing amazing, next lower ratio is 5.29 which is way to brittle in my experience they break with a stock non turbo diesel 2.4 unless you drive like a grandma
I just swapped the MAF from the double cab and it ran good
>>
>>23604764
this thing must sound wicked uleh
>>
>>23608432
Haltech since there's no plug 'n' play options. I had the head reconditioned and a metal head gasket installed recently. The engine is a 7MGTE, so turbo indeed. The car also has an Apexi air intake as well as an aftermarket custom turbo downpipe with HKS exhaust.
>>
>>23608566
>swapped the MAF
Well there you go lol. Never seen one go bad, owned 7, worked on many more. Maybe the cold does something to them over time. Test the bad one with an ohm meter and or open it up and see if you can fix it? Are spare parts hard to get there?
>>23608658
Nice. Did the turbos also have the factory under torqued head bolts and head gasket problem?
>>
>>23609531
spare parts are falling from the skies when it comes to 22re parts I can get most of it for free due how worthless they are
>>
>>23608599
Yeah it sounds ok. Sadly it's got electrical gremlins so I can't drive it anymore. Nobody wants to work on an adaptronic.
>>
File: 41C8C2rUmCL.jpg (16 KB, 400x200)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>23548765
Got a 1999 Toyota Solara with a V6. Was such a nice car when I first got it two years ago. Now its burning oil, leaking transmission fluid, got a vacuum leak somewhere, and Im pretty sure my front brake calipers are starting to go bad or my tires are coming unbalanced... Wish it wasn't the middle of shit-sucking winter. I'd love to get in there are start fixing shit without laying in 2 inches of slush.
>>
>>23609531
Looks like the turbo was replaced in the car already. Don't think there's any issues with the turbo. I do have a coolant leak atm which is getting looked at tomorrow.
>>
File: IMG_20161105_153745.jpg (3.14 MB, 4208x2368)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>23558061
>>23548765
still have the TE?

wagons are cool, unfortunately TE as a rear leaf spring

My old kE70, miss her I left her in my parents home
>>
>>23609553
That's awesome, I wish they were worthless here lol
>>23609606
Shoot I'd work on it
>>23610352
Just bundle up and get a tarp and or toboggan sled
>>23610830
Good deal brother
>>
File: Toyota_2E_C.jpg (577 KB, 1024x768)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
Is there anywhere where I could find info on Toyota carburetors? I got the factory service manual for the E-series of engines but somehow its missing the fuel system-section?
>>
>>23611344
Try looking up an FSM for the car/chassis that has the carb in question, an engine-specific manual will only cover the engine
What model carb and what info are you looking for?
>>
BUMP
>>
Buddy sent me a pic of his new 4link hilux setup
Fuck me do I want to do the same on mine
(Post 2000 but its the same as 97-04)
>>
Just bought a 1984 AW11
What am in for
>>
>>23615186
funsies
rust
and more rust
>>
I know that other anon was asking about his 22re so this may be redundant, but whatever. I got a '88 pickup with a 22re and by and large it's the most reliable thing I've owned but I've got two problems that I can't figure out because I'm a moron. First is that if I have to start and stop it a couple of times it runs like shit by the third time I have to start it back up which makes town driving a pain and the second is that I can't climb worth a damn. Neither are big issues and I love the thing to pieces but I have to cross CA299 pretty regularly and it makes it a pain in the ass to take my truck.
>>
>>23612378
I got the engine-specific FSM already, it's missing the fuel system-section. Can only find the FSM for USDM Corollas which didn't get the E-series engine.

Trying to get info on the V-series variable Venturi Aisan carb. No luck so far.
>>
>>23614216
Yes ofc you do
What's that setup cost including shocks and springs?
>>23615186
1st year they were made, congrats \o/
>>23615405
Alright just to clarify, when you say
> if I have to start and stop it a couple of times
Assuming you mean come to a stop, then take off again, like in traffic?
If this is the case, it almost has to be fuel related
>can't climb
What size tires and what's your rear end ratio
Considering these 2 things together makes me think it's a fuel pump, or you might have a bunch of shit in the fuel tank that's collecting at the sock. Either way you have to pull the sending unit out of the tank so just plan on replacing the pump while you're there. Inspect the tank, fluxh it out etc. Don't forget to change the filter.
You could try testing the fuel pressure first, but you need to see what it's doing when it starts running poorly and that may not be so easy
>>23615784
Only thing I can think of, since it's Aisin, they might have used the same carb on other makes and models, see if you can find one of those manuals. Or, find a friendly shop and have them check their online database (like ALLDATA) to see if there's any info there
>>
File: presteam.jpg (3.64 MB, 3656x2312)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>23605705
I own a 1987 Prelude and a 1988 AW11. They're not hard to find if you're willing to travel. What do you want to know about them?
>>
File: mr2crop.jpg (1.37 MB, 3505x1627)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>23616547
2/2
>>
>>23616554
Why so big tires? Are you making more power than stock?
>>
>>23617053
The tires are 195/50R15 and it's just a stock 4AGE. The wheel arch gap and the photo lighting might give off the illusion of having larger tires.
>>
File: IMG_20210222_125753.jpg (3.75 MB, 5632x4224)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
Uggg will winter please end soon...
>>
File: IMG_20210222_130533.jpg (1.37 MB, 2072x1691)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
But there is always this to catch the salt. Best use for a yoga mat is a grill cover.
>>
>>23617263
Its fucking snowing again
We've had snowfall almost every other day for a month
>>
>>23615186
AW11 owner here -

Rust.
Dwindling spares.
Loving the comfy as fuck cockpit with intuitive controls.
Rust.
Big repair bills.

Do your self a favour and find the MR2 breaker Neil Jones on Twitter, if you need anything talk to that guy. He ships internationally and is happy to answer stupid questions.
>>
At least it is mild. Last year the front wheel bearing went in the Landcruiser and it was bitter cold. Could not fit it in shop (unheated) so did it in driveway. Bearing demolished had to change entire hub assembly. Truck fixed in 6 hours and the next day feeling returned to my hands. When you daily drive obscure stuff always keep as many old parts as you can for use and for barter.
>>
>>23616135
2000-ish dollars with the bilstein internal bypass shocks
>>
>>23617659
Fugg OME not bilstein
>>
>>23616135
Thanks for the advice. By starting and stopping I meant actually shutting off the engine and starting it back up. By the third time I have to start the engine idles real low and rough and I have to give it probably 50% more gas to get going.
>>
>>23548765
buddy's dad has got a 85 land cruiser. he himself has got a w460. current shitbox is fun but not that enjoyable.

The ones I've got my eye on are the 3rd-5th gen hilux or a 1st-2nd gen mr2. Both have their positives and negatives for me.
>>
>>23618143
as I see it:
hilux = a bigger car, and not as hard to come by as the mr2, cheaper. don't really need the space of a truck, I just love the way they look and feel.

mr2= harder to come by, even more fun, pricier and rust would bother me much more

forgot to mention is the e70 gen corollas especially the te72 wagon, but those are about as rare as the mr2 around here
>>
File: 1601666345011.png (182 KB, 979x609)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
Been a long time since I posted but things are going good. Ran into an intermittent misfiring issue, put in nice new spark plugs and it runs great. Bent left rear tie rod getting a little rowdy, have yet to replace it. Starter is starting to stick when its cold and makes nasty sounds which im not too happy about, but ive been riding my motorcycle more and more lately especially with the weather warming up, and I'm also saving up to buy a truck so for now I still havent done anything major to the mr2.
Anyways theres my update, hope you guys are all doing good, How's that one guy with the red corolla 20v swap doing, did he finish it?
>>
>>23616547
>>23616554
Nice cars brother
>>23617263
>>23617338
lol this
>>23617291
How do you like those LED headlights compared to the stock halogens
>>23617667
Not bad, way out of my price range but not bad at all. What about the driveshaft articulation?
>>23617794
Hmm alright. Let me think on that for a while then. Feels like it might be an ignition problem. How long have you had it, how long has it had this particular problem, and what kind of work have you done to it since you've had it. I'd start with a basic tune-up if you haven't already, and check all your grounds, make sure they're clean and shiny. Check your voltages while running and stopped, don't rely on the dash gauge.
If you can grab an FSM for anything that has a 22RE you can check the beginning of the engine mechanical, fuel system, and ignition system for typical problem diagnosis and solution. Rarely will you find something outside the scope of those sections.
Keep me posted on what you do and find
>>23618157
Why not get both?
>>23617630
>keep as many old parts as you can
This, I say it all the time
>>
File: 1592625091966.jpg (140 KB, 1091x819)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>23619169
What's happenin mane, good to hear from you again
Is pic related you by chance?
>>
>>23615269
>>23616135
>>23617418
Thanks lads. I’m in Japan and found it on a used car site, went to check it out in person. The old mechanic seemed surprised as hell to see some random white dude walking up and asking in broken Japanese about the car, eventually his whole family was out of the house trying to help the discussion with the 2-3 words of English they knew, it was hilarious. Car looks pretty clean, very nice interior, 111,000km. I know to expect rust issues and the engine bay had some spots, but overall it just looks like a very well taken care of car. I should be picking it up in a couple weeks and it’s torture, feels like waiting for Christmas.
>>
>>23619177
I've had it about three years and it's had this problem since day one. It's never been a severe issue so I've let it go. Half the reason I got it was to learn to work on it and I figured I should stop being a lazy bastard and actually start. I've had my clutch and radiator replaced. Thanks again for the advice man.
>>
File: 1608829680661.jpg (976 KB, 1024x682)
976 KB
976 KB JPG
Pic related is not my car but it is my car
>>
File: 1611723012503.jpg (64 KB, 1029x772)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>23619281
>1991 corolla
>>
>>23619177
Thank you, both cars were impulse purchases. I'm glad that I was able to find an AW11 before prices went through the roof.
>>23619211
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? MK1As rarely come up for sale in Japan and the baseline for OTR AW11s sold online there is around 1 million yen from what I've seen in the past year or so.
>>
>>23619189
yep thats me, lol. im suprised someone else has pictures of mine saved. Anyways I've been doing pretty good thanks for asking, just trying to trudge through university classes but really my knowledge of cars and technical things has expanded a ton these past several months, I've been really fortunate to get involved with a good SAE Baja program and while those cars arent fast by any means, I've been learning a ton and hopefully it will give me a good shot at networking my way into being able to join a motorsports team one day as an engineer or crew chief or something.
>>
>>23619211
That's a great story man, really cool. Can't wait to see pics! At only 110km it's just barely broken in. Rust is nothing to be afraid of
>>23619258
Alright good deal, more questions. How many miles does it have on it, and about how many miles have you put on it since you've had it? If it's not severe, and I assume it hasn't gotten much worse over time, then I would highly recommend doing a full tune-up on it first and check all the basics, like the ground connections I mentioned previously. I recommend this not because I think it will solve the problem, but to rule out all the basic stuff before diving deeper, and also to break your mechanic cherry. It's easier if you start with simple stuff.
The 22RE is a simple and reliable platform, easy to work on, I've owned 7 and worked on many more. So if you're serious about wanting to learn and stick with it, we will get it solved
>>23619281
>>23619290
Nothing wrong with an old Corolla lol
>>23619332
Got them both in the best color too, lucky
>>23619377
Miku pays attention haha. Sounds like you've been busy and things are going well. That's great news man, wish you the best brother, be sure and drop in from time to time, you'll always be welcome

Cheers m80's o/
>>
>>23619177
>What about the driveshaft articulation?
Stock handles it well, you also move the axle back so the angle on it is less
>>
>>23619332
I paid $11,000, the guy was originally asking 13 or thereabouts in yen but knocked it down since no one had asked after it yet. Had all kinds of funky stuff around too, like pic related
>>23619424
>that’s a great story
It was a clusterfuck but an enjoyable one for both sides. The guy said he’d never had a non-Japanese come to his shop before. I brought my girlfriend to translate when I went back to finalize the paperwork by sort of tricking her into it, we went to see a shrine that was conveniently close to the shop and I hit her with the “oh by the way”
>>
If you were to daily an MR2 Turbo, would you use an electronic or manual boost controller?
>>
>>23618157
Mk4 hilux m8
>>
>>23604764
What gearbox/bellhousing?
>>
>>23620602
w58 with castlemaine rod shop BH. Would like r154 but every jew wants a gorillion dollarydoos for one now
>>
20v 4age!! i wish a very pleasant day to all my fellow 4age folk.
>>
>>23606925
beautiful. i would love a gx one day
>>
>>23585210
>>23585099
hello fellow new zealanders. yeah get an ae111 (or an ae101 like me). so many parts here you can't go wrong.
>>
>>23620948
Cool, you didn't need to change the gearbox position at all?
Just bolted it all up and fabbed engine mounts to suit?
>>
The led lights have great light output, really happy that way. Downside is they produce no heat on the lens so they ice over if things are slushy. The lows only last a year or so but they are cheap af, like 70cdn for 4. Truck is 24v so maybe 12v last longer.
>>
>>23622003
did you forget the pic?
>>
File: EqtIWsKUYAIQL1G.jpg (476 KB, 2048x1152)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>23619424
Thank you, I was looking for a white Prelude. The MR2 was at a price I couldn't refuse and just happened to be white.
>>23619744
That's a fair price, especially considering that pre-facelift models are uncommon now. Do you have any plans for it? That 360 is in good shape also, it's always interesting seeing what people have laying around in storage.
>>
>>23622003
I think he was replying to >>23619177
and >>23617291

>>23619434
Really surprised desu
>>23619744
>story
Smooth lol
>>23620948
Not the anon that asked but that's really neat
>>23622301
>hello storage
These pics from Japan are great
>>
>>23622003
Huh. Are the lights made for 12 or 24v? If they're made for 12 and last more than a second with 24 running to them, there has to be some kind of voltage regulator built in. I bet they're made in China, and the regulator is burning up. If the whole light goes out when they go bad, this also supports the theory
You could solve it by putting some small value dropping resistors inline on the low and high beam positive wires but it would slightly decrease the light output
>>
>>23619177
Because no money.

also, forgot to mention, i'm in the rust belt, so most hilux/mr2 are eaten alive by rust.

i would also be comfortable with anything e70-e80 corolla though funny drift show has put e80s through the roof, even the standard corollas
>>
>>23621275
Its actually an mx
I realized like last week gx, mx and jzx all correspond to chassis and engine codes, event though all the body designs are different
>>
>>23618157
Take the mx73 pill
Its one of very few cheap rwd toyotas left and they're getting snapped up fast
>>
>>23548765
I had one of those, but it was rusting. Sweet ride.
>>
>>23622592
those are cressidas right?

i dont think they ever made them available stateside and if they did im sure they're out of my price range
>>
File: 20210101_133834.jpg (3.17 MB, 4032x2268)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>23622696
You probably think that because they're getting rare in the wild. I dont recall seeing one other than mine. Here it is broken down in front of a dollar general
They had different engines, codes and body work in other markets but here they were sold as the mx73 cressida. People in the fb groups claim they are $500 cars but I see them approaching 5k fast. Almost all that you find will be stock and automatic. I scooped one up that had all the best options and was already swapped, but also needed a lot of work.
>>
>>23622551
Go outside the rust belt to get one and bring it back
>>23622696
Yeah they were sold in the states for a while before Lexus was a thing
I've only seen a handful. They are some of THE most difficult cars to unlock with conventional door tools, along with Previa vans

Also, NEW BREAD

>>23622948
>>23622948
>>23622948

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.