[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: daihatsucharade.jpg (23 KB, 280x187)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Do you guys name/talk to your cars? Do you give it a male or female name?

I gave my car a girl's name and I tend to talk to it, makes me feel like I'm taking care of someone instead of just maintaining an appliance.
>>
I make up names occasionally in casual conversation for the sake of humor, but otherwise no. It's a bit strange to do that.
>>
>>23436804
I often call my cars dumb whores when something does wrong but for the most part no
>>
No because I'm not a fucking boomer.
>>
Yes. I named it Toyota Highlander. (it was my parent's)
>>
>>23436804
My truck's name is Shiro. I give her affectionate slaps and a "good girl" when she performs well.
I might have a problem, but it makes me happy so I dont really give a fuck.
>>
>>23436804
What’s weird is most of my cars came with nicknames or got them from friends. I never personally named one of my cars, mostly because I’m terrible at it.
>>
>>23436804
No, that sounds retarded as hell.
>>
>>23436804
my dart is named Daryl
>>
I named my car Alice, because she was built in Alliston Ontario and is painted light blue like Alice in wonderland.

No name cars are badluck, shame most of you dont realize it.

I thank Alice after a long drive and comfort her on cold starts, normies wont understand.
>>
>>23437883
Hmm sounds based
How should you talk to your car to insure good luck? I sometimes moan when I hear it rev really nice but I feel like that will make her hate me more than anything
>>
File: 20210102_140032.jpg (668 KB, 2268x1593)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
Owen Wilson.
>>
>>23436804
>>23437638
>>23437747
>>23437883
>>23437948
Naming your own car is okay but when a youtube e-celeb gives their latest meme project car a name I stop watching their channel
>>
>>23436804
I don't name my cars or talk to them but i talk to myself about random things like a schizo in front of people, also i don't drive
>>
I name all my cars when they "prove" themselves, basically when I start to like them.
Mostly weeb names yet only a single Japanese car has gotten a name
>>
File: will_poulter.jpg (31 KB, 600x413)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>23436804
>I gave my car a girl's name and I tend to talk to it, makes me feel like I'm taking care of someone instead of just maintaining an appliance.
>>
>>23436804
Naming your car is good luck.
>>23437886
Just tell her she's a good girl. Get her nice gifts occasionally. Don't be a fucking simp though. If she acts out, discipline her.
>>
No. This human obsession with giving things names is retarded. Once in while a name comes along and sticks randomly as a joke, observation or resemblance and that's acceptable. But you don't need to make up a name for something to be special or unique. It's like people who give themselves nicknames. Same with animals. I am amazed by animals and get along with them great but call every animal by the stock name. They are not people, simple as.
>>
I called my previous car "Sandy" because it was full of sand
I loved that car
>>
>>23438308
Reddit bugman detected.
>>
yes, translated to "Jumpy". feels like a he, i give him some pets after long drives, when he performs well etc.
im not gay i promise
>>
File: 1600739108240.png (142 KB, 584x666)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>23438308
Weak fingers wrote this
>>
I call my Element "Quatre-Chevaux" as a take on the nickname given to the Citroen 2CV "Deux-Chevaux" as they are both equally utilitarian.
Give her a pat on the hood after a long hard drive gone well.
>>
>>23436804
Only cursing and dirty talk.
>>
>>23437948
Wow
>>
>>23438308
You’re the kind of person I would assume has some sort of antisocial personality disorder and would avoid talking to.
>>
>>23436804
I named my taurus the glorious taurus. The escape is temporarily called the sloppy escapay because it doesn’t have an anti-sway bar right now. Don’t have a name for my MR2.

I do name my hard drives people names like Dave or Carl.

All my Hognoses have names that start with H.
>>
>>23439268
>All my Hognoses have names that start with H.
Harald Hognose after Harald Finehair?
>>
>>23439300
I spell it Harold and he’s not named after the King of Norway.
>>
>>23436804
Yes her name is (‘ol) bessie. Every slap on the ass is worth another 50k miles.
>>
>>23438788
>>23438868
>>23439259
How about you bunch of homos make a club and name eachother's hot juicy dicks suck them while you're at it will you suck them throbbing delicious Dylan Peter and Bob
>>
>>23436804
Hi anon, I work for the hit TV show My Strange Addiction.
We are curious about your sexual attraction to your shitty scrap metal shit car.
Contact me if you want to be famous.
>>
File: 20201223_162559.jpg (1.9 MB, 2827x1240)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Lemon Paperweight because it spends more time in the shop than my driveway this winter. I finally sorted through some electrical problems and runs great now!
>>
>>23438308
wassup reddit, no fun allowed huh?
>>
>>23436804
Yeah. I still haven't named my last car yet.
>I do joke "hey car" to all of them when I walk by.
>>
>>23436804
My old Lexus was Lexi, and my current Suzuki is called Suzy.
>>
>>23438308
tl;dr

go be autistic somewhere else faggot
>>
>>23440907
bugman cope
>>
>>23438308
This is why autismos are subhuman; you don't know how to love.
If you came over and called my dog dog, or god forbid, 'it', you're getting laid the fuck out.
>>
>>23436804
Of course I name my cars/keep using its previous name. Men have always named their vehicles, and vehicles are always (supposed to be) given female names.
My current car is a silver Toyota, so I named her Kasumi. It translates to mist/misty, which is a good name for a silver car. I often greet and say goodbye to her in Japanese cause I'm a fucking weeb, give her pats on the dash and compliments when she's driving well, and curse at her when shit goes wrong. I still love driving her in spite of her faults, so i never really end up staying mad long.

>>23437883
>No name cars are badluck, shame most of you dont realize it.
100%. I don't trust cars that haven't been named by their owners.
>>
>>23437948
Could not have made a better fucking name for that truck. I love it, anon
>>
I did with my little 2010 Jetta, it had a name too. It was my first car. I have a new BMW suv right now and I don’t catch myself talking to it ever and it doesn’t have a name. At first I thought I was just uncreative but now I think the thing is just soulless. It’s a better, more practical tool in every sense, but it’s too sterile of character.
>>
>>23443123
Weeb shit is antithetical to what you're talking about, retard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.