[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1608059012243.png (41 KB, 886x886)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Are there jobs that involve driving, but aren't time sensitive?
Driving is the only thing thar calms me down and makes my illness manageable, I can't hold down a normal 9-5. But also, any type of stress makes my illness act up and I immediately have to shit, which is less than ideal when on the road.
>>
Damn dawg you're broken. I used to deliver liquor when I was younger and the manager always told me to slow it down because I took it way too seriously and didn't fuck around at all. You could probably do that. But seeing as how you're an anxious mess, I wouldn't hire you for anything besides throwing a newspaper- if that
>>
Idk how bout a train conductor.
>>
>>23436775
I'm not anxious by nature, just that my asshole is somehow extremely sensitive to it. I remember having to quit playing hide and seek as a kid because I had to take a dump every time I was hiding lmao

But yes, I've thought about delivery jobs for stores which are less urgent than food, for example. But I don't think they pay well enough to sustain myself for the next 40 years plus retirement. I also always need to consider that if I gotta go to the hospital, I'll be out of money if I'm freelancing.
I just wanna drive mang
>>
>>23436763
>immediately have to shit
Maybe a driving career isn’t for you.
>>
>>23436788
I was gonna ask you how the fuck that job isn't time sensitive but then I remembered that in Germany, you can actually just show up whenever and people will just be happy that there's any train going anywhere.
>>
>>23436793
expanding butt plug. good luck shitting past that
>>
Chrons disease? Go to a therapist and get that anxiety checked out if not just be a delivery boy but for something less intense like other anson said liquor or whatever. Stuff like that you don't have to take shit from no one because your giving them drugs.
>>
>>23436799
i mean for Amtrak as long as it shows up within +/-15 minutes of when it was scheduled you're fine.
>>
>>23436803
*Also mabye truck driver because that seems very chill*
>>
>>23436797
You don't understand, in a car I can handle any pressure with ease. It's adhering to other people's structures and adapting to their routines that fucks me up.
>>
>>23436799
No not like a tram but the trains that go cross country
>>
>>23436803
Yeah, Crohn's. Been to about 15 therapists over as many years and so far, none of them have gotten anywhere close to where I've gotten myself talking to relatives or friends.
>Stuff like that you don't have to take shit from no one because your giving them drugs.
Good fucking point

>>23436806
oh so, freight trains? I guess that would be cool, thing is, with a car I can still pull over if I do have to take a shit. In a train I gotta get my shift over with first.
>>
I've also thought about becoming a chauffeur or something. I wouldn't know how to do it, if they'd want you to be a taxi driver first or whatever. But I can dress well and I'm well-spoken, so as long as I'm able to arrive at, say, the airport, in time to pick somebody up, it's smooth sailing from there. And it might involve less stress and more just straight up waiting than being a cab driver.
>>
transport auto parts from store to store.
>>
>>23436825
trains have shitters in the cabin. there's two people in the compartment so you can do the doo without worry.
>>
>>23436833
Drive a vacuum truck for a porta-pody company. Schedules aren't very strict and you can shit at work.
>>
>>23436864
Oh. Ironically, while that's really useful, it also increases the likeliness of me shitting for the entire shift because now I'm again forced to work with somebody, and I'm less in control. So the thing I like about driving is gone, it's more like a moving office.
>>
unironically pizza/takout delivery. Idk what its like in your country but here it's paying me around £14 an hour with tips since I lost my other job to covid kek. Zero stress just driving around listening to your tunes and people love you for bringing them their food in times like this.

i have to add I live in a 99% white area though, kek
>>
File: 20210105_153434.jpg (3.41 MB, 4608x2592)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
I work at a small quarry. I drive for 10 hours a day, usually. wait to get loaded, go dump your load, rinse repeat 30-80 times a day. extremely boring job, but also super comfy. fair amount of down time, enough to eat snacks and shitpost on 4chan. also prime time for podcasts/audio books
it can be intimidating for some people but my last job was operating trucks beyond what the manufacturer ever intended, so it was an easy adjustment
>>
File: 20200807_090605.jpg (2.33 MB, 4032x2268)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>23437174
pic related was the last job
pants shitting is pretty common at a landfill, it wasn't for me
>>
>>23436871
This
>>
File: brainlet2.png (56 KB, 621x702)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>23436788
>train conductors don't have to move constantly
>train conductors actually move the trains
>>
File: 20210113_210255.jpg (1.08 MB, 3774x2123)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
here's 1 more
I have a bunch more like this if anyone's interested
>>
I don't recommend it. You have to be really good at time management but even then the deadlines are always too tight and dealing with shitty drivers hour after hour day after day is really draining. Unless you have a really high patience for moronic people you will begin to hate driving. I haven't had a delivery job in 4 years and to this day it is very very rare for me to truly enjoy a drive
>>
>>23437486
Go on YouTube and watch trucker vlogs. Obviously it's apples to oranges driving a semi vs a car but the aspects of the job responsibilities and what it's actually like being a delivery driver are quite similar
>>
>>23436803
Why does everyone I know have this? Is some company putting terrible stuff in our water or food or what
>>
>>23436833
How much shit can you hold? I mean like after your first or second panic attack, then aren’t you shitted out for the day anyway?
>>
>>23437538
Genetics brought out by processed foods and weird lifestyle of the modern world. It's the one ailment I seem to not have
>>
>>23436833
If you fast for a while and don't have any shit in you do you feel normal and can you do normal things?
>>
>>23436763
Unironically pizza driver. The company doesn't care about 30 minutes or less anymore, and my store installed GPS trackers that will give you a low driving score if you speed or even accelerate too fast (luckily, they've never actually implemented disciplinary policies for that yet).
>>
>>23437538
>Is some company putting terrible stuff in our water or food or what
yes. every company.
>>
>>23436788
>>23436799
>>23436806
>>23436864
OP should work on a German train so long as he’s not a Jew
>>
>>23437538
IBD isn't too rare and it seems to be becoming more prevalent, probably because of these >>23437543 just our "modern" diets and lifestyles

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.