[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

cyclists like to say that they pay to maintain the roads just as much as car drivers which I think is bullshit, is there any truth to this. I think they should be paying more for their expensive infrastructure. Cars pay gas taxes and registration.
>>
no, they neither pay road tax nor do they obey traffic laws.
If I ran over a cyclist I wouldn't even stop and report it desu, they should keep their toys on trails and bumfuck backroads.
>>
>>23436570
Based
>>
>>23436544
in 99% of the US "cyclists" are usually just riding their bike as a toy and have a car to commute/run errands. So the vast majority of cyclists are paying gas tax and registration.

>>23436570
>>23436574
psychopaths like this are why I think any plans to get people to commute by bike require 100% grade separation between cars and bikes.
>>
>>23437700
>in 99% of the US "cyclists" are usually just riding their bike as a toy and have a car to commute/run errands.
Then those are cyclists. They're just people that have bikes.
>>
>>23437724
I would love to not drive my car just to carry one fat idiot 8 miles to and from work every day but I'd rather not deal with the stress of crazy people like you running me off the road despite riding an ebike that does 30 mph and has enough torque to pull intense wheelies from a dead stop
>>
File: 1583674448397.jpg (244 KB, 1024x768)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>23436544
I have four licensed cars and a lot of bicycles. I pay my way.
>>
>>23436544
I enjoy my life as a neet right now. Go back to your cagie, wagie.
>>
>>23437950
Yeah i have multiple car registrations so i guess I'll stop paying my motorbike rego cause I've already paid my way. Lmao
>>
>>23436544
>I think they should be paying more for their expensive infrastructure. Cars pay gas taxes and registration.
So you admit that cyclists metaphysically cuck you with every single rotation of their bicycle wheel?
How do you feel about it? How do you cope?
>>
>>23438198
What’s next, a sidewalk tax for pedestrians?
>>
File: based.jpg (7 KB, 185x272)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>23436570
>>
>>23436544
Roads and road related infrstructure are paid for by general taxation, in addition to that cyclists often own motor vehicles as well.
Besides, bike paths are cheap compared to roads and bikes take up far less space than cars while creating far less pollution.
-t. owns 1 car, 1 motorcycle and 6 bicycles
>>
File: fuck bicyclists.webm (1023 KB, 720x1274)
1023 KB
1023 KB WEBM
>>23438212
>>
Depends on your location. Fuel taxes and registration alone can't pay for roads, and any developed country pools taxes anyway. So if I'm cycling to work and paying income taxes I'm contributing almost as much in taxes as someone driving to work and paying income taxes and a bit of fuel taxes, while putting far less stress on the infrastructure (both in terms of space requirements and traffic as well as in wear) as them. On the bottom line driving will always remain the more expensive mode of transportation for both the individual and the general public.
>>
>>23436544
>cyclists like to say
name one
>expensive infrastructure
dutchfag here, some glorified sidewalks or extra lines of paint aren't any more expensive than actual roads, highways, etc
>Cars pay gas taxes and registration
ask me how i know you're a flyover
>>
>>23438464
the impotent rage of an involuntary cuckold
>>
File: the chad cruise.webm (2.95 MB, 1024x576)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>23438464
>>
>>23438433
Nah but if im paying for my motorbike ill support bicycle registration out of spite
>>
>>23438641
>out of spite
There's the keyword that sums up the entire thread.
>>
>>23438643
Well why should i pay when my mode of transport is far less of a pain im the arse than your bike?
>>
>>23438645
>far less of a pain im the arse
>same level of emissions as cars
>smells worse than cars
>louder than cars
No. Get fucked. And pay. Pay and then get fucked.
>>
>>23438660
Ok too bad your metric is shit tier
>>
>>23437772
Based, my psychopathy has insured there is one less cyclist.

>>23438542
Why are the cops there?
>>
Biggest issue ive got is whenever most cities "add" a bike lane they just paint a line making the road much narrower or removing streetside parking.
Im fine with new planning including bike lanes but retrofitting roads is universally terrible in my experience. Theyre super expensive projects and you never see them used by more than a handful of people.
>>
>>23438920
It's a popular motorcycling road in California they're trying to catch some motorcyclists speeding
>>
They do not pay property taxes, they do not pay gas taxes, they pay less sales tax and they are more likely to be poorer compared to an automobile owner in their locality.

The fact of the matter is that we need to lobby for license plates and property taxes for bicycles NOW. Use the road, pay the toll. With e-bicycles becoming more popular more people will want to ride bicycles and thus demand for infrastructure improvements. Urban planners can reduce the costly impact of bicycle infrastructure projects and help track bicycle stealing criminals and red light running bicyclists by requiring license plates and property taxes for bicycles on their public roads and services.
>Bicycle stolen
>Camera at Martin Luther King Jr. Street captures license plate
>Sends to Police
>Bicycle returned

>Bicyclist runs red light
>Camera snaps license plate
>Ticket en route
>>
>>23438541
>involuntary cuckold
That's just called being cheated on.
>>
>>23438542
The cops really should have taken that guy into custody for his own safety, he was creating a dangerous situation with the way he was riding.
>>
>>23440434
Yes moving at jogging speed behind a cyclist climbing a hill on a sunny day with perfect visibility and little to no oncoming traffic is truly a terrifying situation to be in, wouldn't wish it to my worst enemy.
>>
>>23440696
Maybe not entirely dangerous, but say if someone there slipped their clutch or gas at such low speeds, then it could be a problem
>>
>>23440696
The cyclist was impeding traffic which is against the law
>>
>>23440696
>perfect visibility
There's a bunch of motorcycles that are basically parked in the middle of the road on a blind corner. Not a safe situation on a road known for spirited driving. Police definitely should have ticketed him for impeding traffic.
>>
>>23440424
>property taxes for bicycles
lmao what
i got my bike for $50, what's the point of taxing that
>>
>>23436570
They just need to use the sidewalks and stay the fuck off the roads. It doesn't make sense for a ~20 pound bike + ~175 pound faggot sharing a road with a 3000+ pound vehicle.
>>
File: avg o poster.jpg (47 KB, 500x334)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>23436544
my car is faster than yours and i'm not a fatass cause i also bike. stay mad
>>
>>23436544
gas taxes only amount to something like a third of road costs, the rest comes from the general tax pool
>>
>>23440424
>They do not pay property taxes
Are you fucking retarded? Not even Rolls-Royce owners pay property taxes on their cars. The only property that's taxed is land because it's a limited commodity.
>and they are more likely to be poorer compared to an automobile owner in their locality
I'd like a source on that.
>the costly impact of bicycle infrastructure projects
As opposed to cheap car infrastructure, you fucking shithead? >inb4 but the car infrastructure is also there. Yeah, and it needs constant replacement and expansion.

>>23440434
>a traffic jam is a dangerous situation whose cause needs to be arrested
Arrest every rush hour commuter as well then?

>>23440733
>drivers may act retarded, therefore we need to remove cyclists from the road

>>23441437
If you can't safely operate a 3000 lbs vehicle around cyclists you shouldn't have a license.

Holy shit this entire board is absolutely pants on head dumb.
>>
>>23440733
>then it could be a problem
Mhmm, such unimaginable damage like a scuffed bumper or even cracking one completely
>>
This thread is anti-bipedalite
Cyclists are god's chosen people, denying them their special privileges such as running red lights and taking up a whole lane is literally nazi germany
>>
>>23442067
yes, cope with that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.