[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are trucks the best daily drivers?
>>
No
>>
>>23430334
Hell yeah I live in Los Angeles, 3/4 of the cars here are trucks its so practical
>>
>>23430334
Without taking cost of fuel into account t, yes. Literally the swiss army knife of vehicles
>>
>>23430334
Yes, absolutely.

Except the fuel consumption

And trying to find parking

And having to shut off my 444 cubic inch air pump to order food.

My idi is better on miles per dollar than my Frontier though. So get a diesel truck and a gasoline or electric runabout for guilt free motoring where you can drive them like rally cars and do midnight joyrides and not feel bad about what you're doing to your family budget.
>>
>>23430334
>Are trucks the best daily drivers
Yes
T. 120 miles/day, 17.2avg mpg, manual, part time 4x4 > cuck mode awd, cheap insurance, easy to work on, good parts availability, and legions of retards lining up to buy it even if I put another 200k on it
>>
If you only want a single vehicle yes.

I daily my F150. I get 15mpg, about 60 miles/day driving. I love it. Got 8" of snow overnight? No big deal I can still get wherever. Need to make a dump run or pick up furniture? No issue. Want to go camping or off-roading? Just toss my more aggressive wheels and tires on. Less road noise than my Impala had, and it's really comfy on long drives.

The only real downsides are the mpg and parking it, but that's really not a big deal either way.
>>
>>23430334
Depends on how good the government is in your area about spending tax revenue on road maintenance.
>>
>>23430334
Depends on where you live. I drive one in the rural so it's comfy. Previously owned a Suburban now an F250.
>>
File: IMG_20170529_135829705.jpg (3.32 MB, 5344x3006)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>23430588
post pics of idi
here's mine
>>
Why are Americans so obsessed with trucks?
>>
I'd say vans edge it if you do alot of camping or live near browns.
I lived w an 8' bed in a city for a few years and managed fine. It was a bit more of a hassle in Bawston proper though.
>>
>>23431103
Have you been here? The roads and parking spots are massive. Couldn't believe what passes as a 2 lane road and a parking lot in Yurop.
Also fuel is 3x cheaper here.
>>
>>23431111
Your vernacular is absolutely repulsive, and the OP means driving it to and from work daily-- not living in it.
>>
>>23431120
>Have you been here?
yes I go to Cali for work once a year
>Also fuel is 3x cheaper here.
Which is why I always rent myself a nice V8 every time I have to be in the US - last time it was a CTS with a 6.2l V8. But a truck? Those things are disgusting
>>
>>23431103
We like to sit up high and go around turns very slowly
>>
>>23431127
California doesn't represent the US. The US is fucking massive. There are some places that you do want a truck to daily in. You could daily a Chevy Spark in most parts of California.
>>
>>23431139
>There are some places that you do want a truck to daily in
Because of what? Terrain? Snow? I think most truck owners just exaggerate which is part of the American mentality on things. There's 0.1mm of snow? Damn I need the biggest AWD truck or I won't be moving forward. Also represented in most buyer's advice threads.
>>
>>23431103
Roads are fucking huge
>>
>>23431146
Shitty gravel roads and potholes that fuck up your car. I live in Clinton, MS (rural part). I work in Jackson, MS. Look up the potholes in Jackson, MS-- not a meme
>>
>>23431103
Its spacious, super comfy, is basically indestructable in a crash, can haul tons of shit around effortlessly. They're just expensive and dont get the greatest mileage unless you baby it.
>>
>>23431166
I googled it, holy shit, what do you guys even pay tax for?
>>
>>23431122
I don't live in my van but I do sleep in it when I go back country skiing or camping. I don't live near shitskins so I do miss having an open bed.
>>
>>23431181
In front of my door a water pipe broke, they fixed the road about 4 hours after the pipe broke but through the fix, larger amount of rain would collect on the side of the road and bigger cars would mess up the side walk. I wrote a letter of complaint to the city, signed by me and a few neighbours so they fixed it a week later.

I feel sorry for you over there.
>>
>>23431174
To make local politicians richer unironically
>>
>>23431103
Why are yuropoors obsessed with Americans, while to them Europeans are largely irrelevant?
>>
>>23431209
in what matter do you feel like Europeans are obsessed with Americans? It doesn't look that way to me.
>>
>>23431177
>back country skiing or camping
Most people don't do this shit dude
>>
>>23431219
Check /diy/. Yuros are OBSESSED.
>>
My Es300 finally kicked the bucket and I've decided to get a truck instead of paying for a new engine. Hows the Frontier? My budget is certainly under 10k and while I'd like a Tacoma/Tundra, it doesn't seem like a practical option since any of them in that budget have over 200k miles on them.
>>
>>23431424
Frontiers are solid, look for one owner ones
>>
>>23431013
What tires are your daily's and what tires are your off roaders?
>>
>>23431090
That's an awesome truck! Really cool
>>
Sure, if you have to compensate for being an absolutely awful driver.
>>
>>23430391
Yeah if it wasn’t for gas theyd be 10/10
>>
>>23430334
Yes, there's a reason why they're the best selling passenger vehicle in America
>>
>>23430334
For me. They're comfy and I use the bed and winch mounted thereon almost daily. I live in the US so gasoline may as well be free, they're easy to work on so I keep 'em for decades, and they've ample room for my height.
>>
>>23431174
>>MS
>>taxes
They don't, then complain how useless their local governments are. Same problem in fucking Texas. No income taxes so their property taxes are through the roof and do fucking nothing.
>>
>>23430334
They're one of the best winter vehicles (WHEN PROPERLY WEIGHTED WITH THE RIGHT TIRES). They got ground clearance and you can nail a curb or pothole and not feel it. You keep it in 2hi for the hektik skids or throw it into 4hi when shit gets rowdy or 4lo when you fuck up.

>>23432136
The average 4cylinder crossover gets the same mileage.
>>
>>23431166
its right next to a major city and its mostly a shitty suburban town with a college
>>
Yes. If my commute was longer I would be dailying my F350 but I refuse to drive that thing in the winter a distance so short it doesn’t come close to operating temp every day, so I bought this F150. I kinda wanted a Crown Vic tbqh but this is the same thing in a more practical configuration. Sure it averages 12mpg but that’s 100% city driving, I only have to refuel it like every two weeks, and gasoline is $2.09/gal.
>>
>>23431103
you think fiat 500 suspensions can handle a family of hambeasts?
>>
>>23432435
The major city is Jackson, which is one of the worst major cities in the US. Yes there are better parts in Clinton, but I live in a doublewide that's on a large plot of land that is almost always muddy regardless of the gravel
>>
>>23432734
Goddamn double wide buncha land.. I'm kinda jealous. You can probably do what ever the fuck you want on your land
>>
>>23432727
This
Im "average american" sized and 230lbs.
>>
>>23432752
Yep but the critters, specifically mice, get old real quick. I can piss off of my front porch if I wanted to though, and I used to all the time when I was drinking heavily. Another fun activity is hitting rocks with a baseball bat into the overgrown field behind my property
>>
>>23430334
It's all fun and games until 5 dollar gas comes back.
>>
>>23430334
>for interesting driving experience, i.e. handling and speed

Fuck no. Dudebro tunes might make them quick in a straight line but trucks that are still good at being trucks are never going to handle well because physics is a cunt.

>for rolling around in a comfy tank that will also do pretty much anything else you ask of it outside the commute too

Fuck yes. Fueling will always suck the money out of your wallet and the soul out of your body but then so does the IRS and at least the truck gives you something in return.
>>
>>23432763
Id go trolling in that college town and have all kinds of fuckin bonfires and bitches with that property
>>
>>23431146
>There's 0.1mm of snow?
desu I was talking the same smack earlier this year then my "awd" crossover from almost 17 years ago couldn't make the cut, possibly could have been done with snow tires but I'm not throwing money on for tires on an intended beater with 200k miles on an otherwise unreliable (and hard to repair) drivetrain. Had to steal my wife's sequoia to go to work. with only half a foot of snow because I don't want to bother digging a vehicle out to get going and then get stuck when a drift is simply to deep for the clearance it has. Some places they get snow and they legit won't plow for days if at all, and the 4x4 helps if simply not going out is not an option and snow tires aren't enough/worth it.
Of course not all 4x4 or competent awd platforms are big ass trucks, so fuck no you honestly don't need a truck, you need a vehicle that is capable enough to get you from point A to point B reliably, in some places that means you do want or need a 4wd system. There's an absurd number of mid sized rustbelt towns and cities and the communities connected to them that would probably not function at all without these rusted out 4x4 pieces of shit trucks.
>>
>>23432818
Yeah Tinder is a honeypot here
>>
>>23430334
>is a piece of metal that weighs an extra 1,000 pounds+ and is 20 feet off the ground the best dd
It's the best form of work vehicle. That's it.
>>
>>23432848
Sequoia is just a Tundra
>>
>>23432859
Based time traveler from 20 years ago
>>
>>23430334
Modern full size pickups specifically are the best DD. Anything less is cope. Anything more is for work. Newest gen pickups ride smooth as luxury cars, Ram and Ford interiors at least are close to luxury car quality in higher trims, and they can do any work that any reasonable person does. If you need more payload/towing/bedspace than these offer then you need a real 3/4 or 1 ton truck as this is your work truck, not a DD.
>>
>>23432136
I wouldn't say gas is what knocks them, they are the best DD, but they are just so damn expensive. You need to be making almost 100k/yr to afford new trucks these days.
>>
>>23432908
You can get a new truck for sub $20k. Stop looking at luxotrucks and thinking that's what every truck is now
>>
>>23432913
>You can get a new truck for sub $20k.
No. You can get them in the 20's with a regular cab base model 2wd sure. Not something you would want to DD. Even fleet trucks no longer buy these specs. They are all getting Crew Cab XLT's at least.
>>
>>23433044
>>
>>23433094
Yeah he's saying that fleet trucks aren't even these specs anymore
>>
>>23433100
Still doesn't change the fact that you can get a new truck for sub $20k with no options and a long box, it's everything internet truck buyers want when bitching that new trucks are too expensive
You can get a nicer crew can with some options for loaded Civic money, trucks aren't expensive at all
>>
>>23433113
Oh yeah I agree with you on that, I actually like those base RAMs. Vinyl floors are excellent imo
>>
>>23433123
>>23433113
>>23433094
That base Ram can also tow 7k lbs at the very least, if not more, which is already beating out all but the most expensive mid size trucks
>>
>>23431090
Ye
>>
File: gangrel poses a query.jpg (23 KB, 292x356)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>23432873
>>
>>23433171
Maybe you'd have money to buy new things if you didn't spend it all on bing bing wahoos
>>
>>23433158
You have some really nice hands anon
>>
Yep. I go between trucks and modern muscle every few years. I love the muscle cars but I always have a need for a truck. My last SS I was going to just buy a cheap truck and daily the SS but truck prices went through the roof, but the SS’ kept insane value, so I traded for a ram rebel and a couple grand
>>
File: 20200711_154914.jpg (2.8 MB, 4032x2268)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB JPG
Id say so
>>
>>23432848
I've been using summer tires with snow and frozen roads since there's no law about winter tires here. Just drive slow.
>>
>>23431090
they sure don't make them like they used to
>>
>>23434899
made for delivery. probably the best fit a car topper has ever had
>>
Utes are.
>>
>>23434991
Yeah they're a lot nicer now
>>
>>23434862
Thanks bro
>>
>>23431146
I live in suburban Cincinnati and the roads are so shit here I am highly considering a truck just so I can get something with big sidewalls and tough suspension to handle the frequent potholes and poorly maintained pavement better than my car. I'm not going to LARP like I'm going to use it off road a bunch but I would kinda like a Swiss army knife of a daily. I have several other cars I can drive too, but, a truck with a bed cover and four proper doors is basically the closest thing I can get to a rugged as fuck sedan to do well on the roads. Also I have this damn vision in my head that I'll be lugging broken cars home and fixing them for fun. Probably a LARP though. I do want a boat and to get back into the outdoors more I used to do when I was younger, and trucks are just comfy for camping. But so is my wagon.

This is why I'm torn between a Tacoma and just waiting for the GR86 to come out, I'd RATHER drive something light and sporty but I need a new daily sooner than later and the roads that I daily drive on are shitty and beat up my current little hatchback. I know a truck would handle them better. Or the third option is to go with the most efficient car I could get, which looks to me like a Honda Clarity Plug-in. I have a 240 outlet in my garage and the all electric range would cover my commute to and from work with some room to spare. All are probably around the same price as I'd option them.

I'm torn. I really am. Useful truck that would basically be used as a rugged sedan on shitty roads and honestly be the most comfortable in my area. Would get a manual Tacoma if I went this route. Wait for GR86 and drive a fun sports car that I can toss down backroads occasionally but would get beat to shit dailying it with the low profile tires if I hit a pothole, or super efficient plugin that basically makes me never have to buy gas to commute.
>>
>>23436420
I just don't understand how your roads can be that fucked, considering the US is otherwise a country with a somewhat acceptable infrastructure (saying this as a European, who has only seen a handful of larger cities in and around California)
>>
>>23435005
>tfw no ute
>>
>>23436428
>saying this as a European, who has only seen a handful of larger cities in and around California
Yeah California is a horrible representation of the US. It's basically its own country. Roads aren't wrecked everywhere, but there are certain parts of the country that have ridiculously bad roads.
>>
>>23436428
The problem is mainly the thaw freeze cycles. Massive temp swings multiple times a year really wrecks roads with the frost heaves. This isn't a problem in CA cities.
Plus there's literally 56 million miles of paved roads.
>>
>>23431103
Honestly as someone who has owned a lot of Japanese cars and now owns a vw, these cars were not built for American roads. Our roads sucks. I’ve blown my tires out driving around in Chicago and Atlanta. I want a truck just to not have to fear about pot holes or dirty rocks.
>>
>>23431103
As someone said earlier, it's the Swiss army knife of vehicles plus it feeds into the sense of rugged individualism.
Also in some states they can have many passengers ride in the bed
>>
>>23436439
>This isn't a problem in CA cities.
And yet CA has massively fucked roads. Stupid fucks over there can’t do a god damn thing right.
>>
>>23431103
>comfy
>can shrug off shitty roads
>plenty of power to tow whatever you like
>can go on for 800+ miles with a full diesel tank
What's not to like?
>>
>>23431090
What wheels are those?
>>
File: PXL_20201229_201630946.jpg (1.27 MB, 3509x2397)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>23431090
I'm so close to being done it's unreal
>>
>>23436468
Lol I been to flyover for road trip. Stfu it’s trash out there. CA is best enthusiast state and you can go get fucked
>>
>>23436470
>too heavy
>can't turn
>too tall
>>
>>23436582
>too heavy
For what?
>can't turn
It's not a sports car, it handles as it is intended. You can't escape physics
>too tall
For what? As someone who has driven many large box trucks, what exactly is a regular truck too tall for?
>>
>>23431424
what failed on yours? I'm having alternator and transmission problems on mine
>>
>>23434882
Show yiur rebel
>>
>>23436489
>I been to flyover for road trip. Stfu it’s trash out there.
You realize the US is massive right? It's not just California and that one place you went
>>
>>23436582
Define "can't turn". I can triple the speed limit in the turns here in a truck and that's still keeping it safe and legal. Even my 5 ton work truck can take off ramps at almost twice the limit.
>>
>>23436489
Commiefornians are the most delusional americans
>>
>>23436706
https://youtu.be/Swo8zcQoxgA?t=32
>>
>>23430588
>Except the fuel consumption
not a concern Im not poor
>And trying to find parking
not a concern I never get out of my car
>And having to shut off my 444 cubic inch air pump to order food.
I have like 2 ft of exhaust including the headers I blew my tinitus out years ago
>>
>>23436428
We have 50 states. Some have shitty roads and others have good roads
>>
>>23432727
The average Amerilard complains about Tacoma’s being too small to fit in. Put that into perspective
>>
daily driver should have
1. good mileage
2. good comfort
so no
>>
File: 1500 limited.png (714 KB, 1440x700)
714 KB
714 KB PNG
>>23437037
The difference in fuel between a 16mpg truck and a 26mpg car is like a grand a year. Trucks have really comfy seats which are often heated, cooled and massaging. A lot of the time these trucks ride better than some Nürburgring tuned sedan on 15 section tires. Then you got the interior which is massive.
>>
>>23436428

>>23436437
This. We are just one of the bad places. Not l our roads around the 513 are fucked but the ones that are...fucking are. Holy shit. A pave job lasts maybe 5 years here.

>>23436439
Because of this.

>>23436915
Yep. Florida in my experience has some amazing pavement. Smooth and nice. They don't have the freeze thaw either. Heck even Kentucky though has generally better roads than us, they use more concrete. Asphalt is honestly a pretty shit road surface material in a vacuum, but the economics make municipalities choose it over concrete due to cost.
>>
>>23430334
No. My motorcycles are. I can split lanes, merge lanes super fast, get decent mpg's, and have fun.

Trucks have less visibility, harder to park, chugs fuel, and is boring.
I only take the truck when I need to haul materials, or it's pouring outside.
>>
>>23437478
Motorcycles are the most fun daily in perfect weather, but overall trucks-- especially modern ones are just giant living rooms(in a good way)
>>
>>23437491
I run bikes in imperfect weather, but I enjoy it.
I didn't have a good experience in the modern truck I drove. just felt too neutered too me.
I have accepted I am not the norm and hope people like their modern trucks.
>>
>>23437478
If you have regular traffic a e-bike is a lot faster than lane splitting at 3mph.
>>
>>23437501
I'm a big fan of luxury cars and cruisers so I think that's why I like the modern trucks
>>23437506
>e-bike
>>
>>23437506
Only in the city or dense traffic. Even then I can lane split at around 20mph or 15 if they are stopped.
Also, I ain't taking an e-bike on the freeway. Had to lane split on highway 50 going to san francisco. Swore I did it for 10 minutes straight.

E-bikes are cool though.

>>23437512
I feel you. I just felt claustrophobic in the truck since the windows were so small. Also, the lack of steering wheel feedback and neutured diesel was triggering. Would be great for touring with the comfort.
>>
>>23437059
Got to admit this looks nice as hell. Truck should have all weather mats though regardless of how luxury it is. Those snap in carpet looks gay.
>>
>>23437567
Everyone gets WeatherTech don't worry
>>
>>23436420
Just get something with good ground clearance desu
California has shitty roads too, potholes, poorly repaired roads, retarded angles that rip the bottom of every low ground clearance shitbox in existence. No wonder people buy SUVs, all the sedans have no ground clearance. Even my fathers german car has to approach some speedbumps at 5 MPH or else it'll bottom out.
I got a crosstrek, It's not a truck, but it sucks up pothole beatings pretty well
I drove a 4runner from the 90s for about a week, and the body roll when hitting potholes and especially on this retarded brick road in a residential area was absolutely retarded. Beast of a truck, but ironically, didn't handle potholes very well.
>>
>>23436489
>>23436468
CA has fucked roads. The only redeeming quality is that most of it was built after we understood how to make proper curves, on/off ramps, exit lanes, etc. New york has some fucking retarded highways, blind turns, cars entering out of nowhere, cause they follow old trails.
CA has roads more fucked than they have any right to be, given how much we pay to have them not be fucked,
>>
Current ones have a very high fuel consumption rate, so no. The best daily drivers right now are electric vehicles, followed by plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, followed by hybrid electric vehicles.
>>
>>23436449
Crossovers are the Swiss army knife of vehicles, not trucks. Trucks are specialized tools.
>>
>>23436593
>it handles as it is intended.
Which is bad.
>>
>>23436428
Because america is huge and the states would rather spend time and money on the drug war. This is also why we need guns. You can't rely on the government for everything here because we are so spread out. You have to take care of yourself.
>>
>>23430334
no in any civilized world, fun shure but terribly in terms of practicality
>muh part time 4x4
daily driving doesnt need that, awd is better then
>muh bed
yeah thats a great place to haul expencive furniture, your new flatscreen or store your tools over the night; out in the open exposed to rain, snow, roadsalt and niggers
also the floor is too high
>b-but muh topper
completely ruin the purpose of a pickup, just buy a van instead
>sub 30 mpg
do americans really?
>i haul mulch and dirt
in what fucking world do people live in when they haul that small amounts of dirt that goes into a pickup so often that it justifies driving one as a daily????
you need to be brainwashed by some consumerist media to think pickups are good dailys
>>
>>23438062
I'm probably going to get a 6MT Tacoma TRD Offroad in Voodoo blue or perhaps just boring silver. I like how they look, I want a Toyota for the quality and reliability, and Tacomas have absolutely insane resale value. I also want something manual because I like driving stick and if I am buying a new car I want to make a statement to manufacturers that people still want manuals.

Gf wants to get a manual crosstrek for her next car.

Like I said I'm torn between a truck or actually getting something really fun.
>>
>>23432277
>They're one of the best winter vehicles
I don’t deny it, but it’s mostly a LARP.
I live on a country road near Quebec City, one of the snowiest cities in the world, and I’ve been fine with my FWD sedan with snow tires.

> The average 4cylinder crossover gets the same mileage.
Ok now that’s just pure shitposting
>>
>>23432727
This is true... my neighbors have a Camry and a Sierra
The woman literally does not fit in the Camry. They only use the Sierra when the wife comes along.
>>
>>23432848
>possibly could have been done with snow tires but I'm not throwing money on for tires on an intended beater
Winter tires > AWD with summer tires
Every time
>>
>>23438186
>in what fucking world do people live in when they haul that small amounts of dirt that goes into a pickup so often that it justifies driving one as a daily????
>you need to be brainwashed by some consumerist media to think pickups are good dailys
B-b-but muh big bags of dog food
>>
>>23431219
Europeans have American envy and sour grape mentality lol.
>>
File: IMG_1464[1].jpg (1.2 MB, 2016x1512)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>23430334
depends on the truck
>>
>>23436593
>For what? As someone who has driven many large box trucks, what exactly is a regular truck too tall for?
To get any sense of speed. Its no fun sitting up that high unless you're an NPC and that's your thing.
>>
File: 1592961958427.jpg (91 KB, 960x640)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>23436706
>>
>>23437567
I order weather tech mats twice and they fit like shit both times despite being "laser fit". Got a pair of husky mats and they fit perfectly and were cheaper.
>>
File: 153472678.jpg (161 KB, 1113x835)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>23438141
can throw nasty shit in the bed. tons of storage space inside. 4x4. 400 HP & torque. tow 10,000 lbs. icing on the cake they make these higher trim pickups with very nice interiors now. full size pickups are max comfy and a do all in 1 vehicle, at least in America.
>>
ño
>>
>>23430334
Wagon is better. Still useful enough for most things that you might need to transport day to day, gets the same fuel economy as a car, and handles like a car too, because it is one. If there's something that just doesn't fit you can always rent a truck/van for less than the increased fuel cost, maintenance, and car payments a truck would cost you to own.
>>
>>23438740
Any vehicle is fine with winter tires in the city or just outside of it. Trucks are for when you come back from a mountain hike and it just dumped 2 feet. You don't have mountains in Queerbec.

Most small turbo engines are pigs on fuel when you actually get on the throttle. Since you're trying to move 5000lbs with a sub 2l engine that's going to be most of the time.

>>23438820
Okay??? I can show you a plethora of "sports cars" understeering too....
>>
>>23440500
They're still the least fuel efficient, worst handling, largest, least space efficient, and least maneuverable vehicles you can buy today. They come with far greater compromises than any crossover sold today would have. Pickups have gotten more comfortable, luxurious and fuel efficient over the last two decades but so have crossovers (and often for less money), nullifying that benefit. Pickups are like a single large, heavy, precision made blade, whereas crossovers are like multitools, not great at anything, but can do a little of everything.
>>
>>23436480
Not sure, they're aluminum but not alcoa and the lug nuts are a weird sealed female nut kind of design if that makes sense
>>23436483
What job are you doing? Firewall reinforcement is the last work I did
>>
File: 1493492350773.jpg (48 KB, 540x540)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>23438186
>commute is short distance so fuel is a meme
>own a small olive orchard and a garden which I visit at least twice a week, carrying tools and sometimes wood and compost
>topper is on most of the time, and taken off for the once a year occasion when you haul something big
>occasionally go for a family trip into the hills
>I'm not even American
For me, it's Isuzu.
>>
File: 1597450357507.jpg (55 KB, 483x470)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>23430334
>Are trucks the best daily drivers?
My pops with a damaged spine and left shoulder due to daily driving a 18 inch wheel sized Hilux/Tacoma for 5 years would think otherwise.
>>
>>23432277
>The average 4cyl crossdresser gets the same mileage

I know you're meming, but the average 4cyl crossdresser is a POS. Don't use it at baseline.
>>
File: 20210115_052609.png (267 KB, 1440x1083)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>23432277
>The average 4cylinder crossover gets the same mileage.
Do people actually believe this? This literally took five seconds.
>>
File: 20201101_001829.jpg (156 KB, 485x404)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>23431090
>>23433158
>>23436483

Fuckin Miiiiiiiiiiiiiint
>>
>>23442519
You wont believe this anon, but car suspension has improved dramatically since the Hilux was around.
>>
EVs with high efficiency are unequivocally the best daily drivers.
>>
>>23431209
>while to them Europeans are largely irrelevant?
Not true at all.
Burgers are absolutely obsessed with western europe.
>muh second language that I can barely speak
>muh nazis (not in the pol way, mind you)
>muh travelling
>muh EU doing EU shit
>muh german cars
>muh european cuisine
Mutts are obsessed with european culture, but don't even know it because they are programmed from birth that way.
>>
>>23430334

>Random Chav By Himself Daily Driving a Load Bearing Truck

Our planet is fucked.

Not even 2% of pickups I see on the road are carrying or hauling anything.
>>
>>23431090
Beautiful
>>
>>23433094
Why would anyone want to daily a pos like that? Literally any new car is better than that.
>>
>>23442785
>Not even 2% of pickups I see on the road are carrying or hauling anything.

I know you can’t see it from ground level, but there’s like 3 or 4 8 foot 2X4s back there and a truck box filled with scrap copper, and I don’t take any of those out so I’m always haulin
>>
>>23432277
>They're one of the best winter vehicles
But boring because you have to drive so slow in turns because it will slide into a ditch. Momentum is a bitch. My subaru is way more light and nimble allowing for faster cornering speeds over snow.
>>
>>23438141
Cuckovers are the worst aspects of sedans and real SUV combined
>>
File: EOc3RDDU0AAusn5.jpg (83 KB, 750x908)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>23442072
Ball joints, and axle u-joints, it's taken almost 4 months.
>All 8th-gen F-250 diesels have Dana 50 front axles
>Buy a bunch of Dana 50 parts
>Turns out for 1990 Ford decided to put Dana 44HD axles in regular cab diesels instead
>Don't realize until the spindle nut socket I bought didn't fit
>Have to return all my parts and tools and dig for info on the 44HD
>Mechanic friend told me there's no such thing as a 44HD so I buy parts for the 44
>Ball joints are correct but u-joints and spindle nut are still different
>Finally get correct parts and tools after getting the Spicer parts manual and cross-referencing PNs
>Old u-joint cap fucking explodes when pressing it out, takes a chunk of the yoke with it
>Nearest junkyard is 400 miles away, call to see if they have a RH axle shaft for a Dana 44HD
>"There's no such thing, it's just a 44"

I had to drive all the way out there with my fucked-up axle in the back of my car and show him that a 44 is an inch longer. I left with the right part but fuck. It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>23442965
Wrong. They have more passenger and cargo space and better off road capability than sedans while having better efficiency, handling and maneuverability than trucks and truck-based SUVs.
>>
>>23442785
But anon i want the planet to die
>>
File: mini jcw.jpg (44 KB, 640x479)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>23430334
I don't enjoy driving large vehicles, they are so dull to drive and require a ton of input to maneuver. Same feeling as driving a van around, shit is not fun or engaging and it's just a needlessly big lumbering swaying boat with no body rigidity.
I'd rather look like a tosser in a Mini Cooper than drive a big daddy issues trugg around
>>
File: 1563646973794.gif (489 KB, 245x165)
489 KB
489 KB GIF
>>23438804
Fuck I think I'm sick... sick of not having one of these bad bois.
>>
>>23442942
It's what /o/tist want in a truck, a shitbox with no features
Reality is most people go for crew cab trims for ~$30k
>>
>>23431013
>Need to make a dump run or pick up furniture? No issue. Want to go camping or off-roading
You don't do any of these things
>>
>>23442942
Fleet vehicles are awful but standard cab is comfy to me. My grandpa drove them all his life, my dad had one when I was growing up, and I got my grandpa's old truck when I was 16. Unfortunately the only new standard cab trucks are fleet.
>>
>>23443202
I do all of these things
>>
>>23443215
In your mind of course
>>
>>23443036
What's wrong? Don't like ford IFS tire wear?
All joking aside, it's good that you're doing all that and I hope it goes more smoothly
>>
>>23443036
Damn that sucks. At that point you probably should have just tried for a Dana 60 solid swap, you probably could have pulled all the goodies off a similar year F350.
>>
>>23443401
Right lower ball joint was completely fucked, the camber made my truck look like Stallone. The old u-joints were probably original to the truck and I could see the dried up needles sticking out of the bearings.
>>
>>23430334

is negro rape the best for male sex?
>>
please, when making this truck threads, put the disclaimer of toyotas not being allowed

the tacomas remind me of a gay fiat
and the tundra is like a jewish person
>>
>>23443411
>Dana 60 swap
everyone and their mother is doing this, so now they're like $1300
>>23443423
I had a ujoint explode at 50mph and fuck up my rear drive shaft so that's good to avoid
>>
>>23437021
That's why the Tundra exists. The same goes for the Titan on Nissan's end.
>>
File: image0-16.jpg (418 KB, 983x980)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>23436737
>>
>>23430334
I only ever see obese whites or shit skins driving trucks
>>
>>23443767
You could've just said "Americans" you retard ass nigga
>>
>>23442718
>Burgers are absolutely obsessed with western europe.
>>muh second language that I can barely speak
We took your shitty UK English and made it better.
>>muh nazis (not in the pol way, mind you)
We had to fight your war for you.
>>muh travelling
To see savages in their natural habitat.
>>muh EU doing EU shit
Majority of Americans don't care. Many don't even know the EU exists or what it does.
>>muh german cars
Only people that adore german cars are rich people that get them as a status symbol. And faggots.
>>muh european cuisine
You mean muh Americanized cuisine? Our version of Italian food is 10x better than the bullshit in Italy. I've been to Rome four times for work, for six months at a time. It's shit.
>Mutts are obsessed with european culture, but don't even know it because they are programmed from birth that way.
We are obsessed with the culture we improved from you. Yeah.
>>
>tfw '01 V8 dodge dakota
>>
>>23430351
are you me?
>live directly in the city
>neighbor plays acoustic guitar on patreon for a living
>ram 3500
>>
File: k7syiargegiy.jpg (56 KB, 640x360)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>23431013
I always laugh when I see a big Isuzu truck in a large European city, it looks so out of place
>>
>>23432908
Depends on what truck you get, the problem is that no one is satisfied with a normal base trim truck anymore. Can't speak on America, but in Australia everyone I know who owns a new pickup bought a top of the line Hilux, Ranger, or Amarok, despite the fact that they could've saved 10-15k at least by buying a RWD, 4 door base trim.
Normal people can easily afford a new or newish truck if they don't overextend themselves with debt buying a loaded one to show off
>>
>>23435005
Based, I'd love to own a VE SS ute but they're not depreciating anymore and I don't wanna spend that much on a 15 year old vehicle
>>
>>23442785
>Not even 2% of pickups I see on the road are carrying or hauling anything.
Weird comment. Is there some rule to always be hauling something in your truck bed? Is this autism?
>>
>>23430334

>long wheelbase so that you can relax on your way to and from work
>comfortable even at base trim levels
>tall, letting you see the condition of traffic ahead, and helping other trucks see you
>heavy duty suspension that can handle shit roads so you don't have to wear out your weekend car in day-to-day driving
>if you ever need to move things around or tow something on an off day, hey, you have a truck

If you don't have any issues parking at work or at home (either because there's abundant parking, or you have reserved parking), truck DD + performance car/bike/4x4/boat/etc. without compromises for your weekends is objectively the best pairing of vehicles. There is a reason why trucks are so popular in the US.

If you live in some eurotrash hellscape where all parking is parallel, car lanes are the size of bike lanes, gas is so expensive and your wages so low that you should really be taking the bus, or the 30 minute intermissions you spend in your little shitbox between waking up, wage slaving, and coming home to shitpost on the internet are the only source of joy in your life, they are shit tier.
>>
>>23430334
No get a hatchback
>>
File: sprinter.jpg (3.89 MB, 3877x2330)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB JPG
This or something similar is the best daily, because it could load a retarded pick up truck and it wouldn't even get wet when it rains.
>>
>>23444279
cool looking truck other than the power wagon decal, that is gay
>>
>>23444386
You don't fit in home garages or underground parking garages. How is that practical? You know there are multiple ways to cover the bed of a truck and make it a superior van right?
>>
>>23444418
Let's be honest, this van isn't going in a home garage or underground parking garage
>>
>>23444386
It also has retardedly large blind spots and can't be used for things like gravel/dirt.
>>
>>23444435
>>
>suvs are huge and useless other than making women feel safer while driving
>muh big tall bloated truck i love seeing over people
>>
>>23444439
I like both
>>
>>23444426
Well a truck fits into those so what's the point of this?

>>23444439
There's a difference between a RAV4 and a truck...
>>
>>23444436
That still can't haul dirt or gravel worth a damn which makes it useless for yardwork projects at my house. It also wouldn't fit in my garage. A truck with a canopy you can take on/off in 10 minutes is a better option.
>>
>>23444452
>Well a truck fits into those so what's the point of this?
People that optimally daily a truck don't need a garage or a parking garage
>>
>>23444455
Dawg you ever heard of a trailer?
>>
The extra space, seeing over traffic, and just the utility of having an open bed are all great. But sometimes the extra size is a pain in the ass in tighter conditions and it's not the most fuel efficient. Ideally I would have a beater truck and then a smaller more efficient vehicle for DD/commuting, maybe even a motorcycle. Unless you're using a truck for daily work needs I wouldn't say its the best DD.
>>
>>23444469

Buying a canopy for a truck is cheaper than buying a trailer for a van
>>
>>23444277
Extreme autism, some people just seethe when a truck isn’t hauling anything because they need to have something to rage about from their shitbox
>>
gook moot i hate you so much
>>
>>23444469
Trailers in general are just a pain in the ass. They're annoying to store, you can't speed with them on, they suck to back up. They still need to be registered and insured while a canopy doesn't.
>>
>>23444455
Of course you can. Just shovel the shit in the back of the car.
>>
>>23444525
Confirmed never hauled gravel or dirt
>>
>>23444523
Huh
>>
>>23444525
I don't have any of your experience here. Trailers are nice to own. I have land, I park my trailer where I can easily back up to it. I speed with my trailer still. Trailers are easy to backup with practice. Trailers need to be registered but not insured.
>>
>>23438186
>do americans really?
Yeah, gas is cheaper here so it's not a problem to drive a low-MPG vehicle.
Same reason as to why we don't have as many diesels.
>>
>>23444620
And even if you suck at backing up, just pull forward with your loads and when it's empty pull it wherever you want
>>
>>23444391
POWER WAGON
>>
>>23444469
>Bro just get a trailer
>So what you still have a vehicle parked outside?
>So what you now have another thing to license?
>So what that's nowhere near as handy as a truck by itself?

Why the fuck would I want a van and trailer combo just to park both outside when a truck would do the same shit and be far more convenient?
>>
File: Snapchat-1905539806~2.jpg (455 KB, 1080x1265)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
Stop arguing about stuff and post trucks. I miss mine cause I am living in Germany now and wasn't able to bring er over
>>
>>23442609
I wish people would stop worshipping this literal retard
>>
>>23445795
What’s wrong with being retarted? Many of the greatest human beings were retarted
>>
>>23445795
sounds like something a Trudeau loving libtard would say
>>
>>23431433
>>23431424

mines been good, qr25 with the 5 speed, 300000kms on it still runs good, had to change the original spark plugs at 280k but its on the original clutch and everything else,

tows 3000lbs no problem, i do allot of long distance driving up north, 2wd and good tires its fine in the snow,

decent mpg too unloaded always over 20mpg, ive seen 26mpg in perfect conditions,
>>
File: 20190731_103646.jpg (1.02 MB, 3592x1960)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>23445612
>So what that's nowhere near as handy as a truck by itself?
Ahahaha no, truck beds are both smaller and less accessible thanks to the height and the styleside cancer. Maybe your truck could compete with the practicality of a trailer if you had a dropside bed but you probably don't.
>>
If your truck isn't hauling or pulling something, it's not being used right. If you need a truck to "handle poor road conditions" you're retarded and probably a shit driver given that 4x4 isn't going to do jack for maintaining control. Get one of those so called "Sports Utility Vehicles" and save yourself some money
>>
>>23444279
dd a truck that isn't specifically used for the payload or towing capacity makes you a prick, and those hobbies are cringe tier for white assholes who havent woke the fuck up
>>
>>23431103
>>23431120
Have you been here? The roads and parking spots are massive. Couldn't believe what passes as a 2 lane road and a parking lot in Yurop.
Also fuel is 3x cheaper here.

I live in the Philippines where parking space and road space are tight. But everyone here loves SUVs and trucks due to diesel being cheaper than gasoline.
>>
>>23431090
Based bigger brother. Here’s my 6.9 IDI with a 4 speed stick.
Have a 96 F350 CCLB centurion 7.3 PSD with a d60 up front and a ZF5 that I’m going to swap the front axle and tranny over to this thing and ditch the POS powerstroke
>>
>>23447767
It's so rare to see our color combo, isn't it? I did a zf5 swap on mine, spent way too much to get it done but oh well. Post pic of centurion, I love those things
>>
>>23447862
Yeah man I haven’t seen any other bullnoses with the white roof, and two tone sides but it looks great. Surprisingly has been infinitely more reliable than pic related. This is its final resting place after it left me stranded for the 4th time in one year. Not worth the engine & electrical rebuild to ensure its reliability, so it’s going to get hacked apart
>>
burger faggots saying pickups so practical and then have their truckbed empty 99% of the time.
Stop copping trannys its ok to not be masculine
>>
>>23445807
I'm American... We literally dont care about your shitty, off-brand politics
>>
>>23447922
Not everyone wants to own 2 cars retard
>>
>>23442942
it's a poor fag cope. if they had any coin or decent credit the first thing they'd do is go buy a tarted up truck with leather interior, heated and cooled seats, 4G wi-fi, and a 10-inch screen. these base model worker slave make you want to off yourself. and goodluck with your dating life trying to take pussy out to dinner in some shitbox like that. unless she's a meth addict or single mom
>>
>>23448904
If your girl cares what trim truck you got, you have found yourself a terrible person. Show us your sick ride bro
>>
>>23430334
Anyone else think the top trim Ford platinum, GMC denali, Chevy high country, and RAM longhorn/limited look gay, tacky and boomer as fuck? the insides are nice but the exterior is so gaudy--like the antithesis of "sophisticated" and normies would literally laugh out loud if you told them what those hideous rigs cost. i think the trims just under top rung are the best, like the ford f150 lariat
>>
Why do people shit on the Honda Ridgeline? Every time I try to bring it up to truck owners they tell me it isn't truly a truck. Is it built on car chassis?
>>
>>23430334
For coping manlets, yes
>>
>>23448943
Women value a man. If you want shallow bitches to fuck you because you drive an S-Class, go ahead baller. Not my thing, and no woman that wants that shit is worth my time
>>
>>23430967
that's not a truck retard
>>
>>23448948
You really couldn’t just google that ?. TFL did towing test with ridge line, and it over heated on their mountain pass test. All the fanboys got together and cried “no one does that !!!” So take it as how ever you want to cope with
>>
File: 1595030871363.jpg (30 KB, 526x300)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>23449107
>toyota tacoma
>not a truck
Have you never seen a bed cap before?
>>
>>23448948
I like them. It's basically a Honda Pilot with a bed, but Honda Pilots are smooth to drive. It comes with the novelty of having a truck with the Honda logo on the back. I think they look good too. Comfy driving around the city and sometimes picking up a piece of furniture you bought car. Definitely shouldn't use it as a replacement for a truck you want to do some offroading in or work out of.
>>
File: rzr (1).jpg (56 KB, 800x450)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>23448948
Because they are retarded and like to hate things they don't understand when they feel threatened.

I like my trucks, I own 3 of them. I have considered buying a ridgeline or subaru baja for a daily in the past. It's built on the Pilot chassis. I dont think they get that great of fuel mileage though. I also don't need the 4 door cab and would rather have a bigger bed. And I think the AWD system is kinda shitty too.

A large portion of truck owners dont tow anything and just use the bed. A ridgeline would be fine for them, but they want a V8 and put a lift kit and big tires on it.

Idk why toyota doesn't make a small fleet pickup on the prius chassis that got 40+mpg. I would think they would sell a few, but I'm sure they do market testing and figured it wasn't worth it when you can buy an f150 for $20k.
>>
>>23431219
>>23442718
>gooks who live on a resourceless island make more reliable cars than the birthplace of western civilization
How do Euroshites cope with this?
>>
>>23447036

>>/n/
>>
>>23430334
take the Jeep pill like I did
>be me
>daily my first truck for 12yrs till it was literally falling apart
>realize I only use the bed like twice a year hauling junk or moving furniture
>don’t want a faggy econobox car
>buy wrangler
>spend $1,300 for a 6x12 utility trailer for hauls
>everything else fits nicely inside with folded seats out of weather
>box on frame like truck
>based solid axels
>every other “off road” suv is unibody lol good luck with those welds

I was even getting decent 25 mpg on the Jeep till I mall crawled it out with a lift and 35” tires, now I’m lucky to get 17mpg
>>
>>23449369
>don't want a faggy econobox car
>buys a girls vehicle instead
>>
>>23438814
As someone who is used to driving trucks, and whose parents own german coupes, that excuse literally makes no sense.
>>
>>23449380
>chevy/gm made in Mexico
>ford ecobooms
only reason to buy a truck is if it’s a diesel, fucking things cost minimum $45k for anything that’s not a 2x4 and regular cab. I will contest that basic Jeeps are girl rides but in my area only ones you see are jacked up mudders with men, my summer DD is a ktm super dyke

here’s your (you)
>>
>>23447036
go back
>>
File: IMG_20170213_183044996.jpg (746 KB, 4078x2241)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>23447898
I'd buy it from you, a 7.3PS CCLB 4x4 is my dream truck lol. The centurion rarity is just the icing on top
>>
>>23444279
Fucking LOL this nigga thinks 3/4 or 1 ton trucks are comfortable. You’ve never driven one and it really shows, especially not a LWB truck. They ride like horse carriages unloaded and usually have 60+psi in the rear tires as the manufacturer specifies.
>>
>>23448924
1000% agreed. Platinums look so cheap and worse than Lariats and other trims. Denali screams nigger. AT4/trail boss look fancy
>>
>>23449791
You’re telling me the top Lariat looks better than the bottom Platinum?

How does it feel having shit taste?
>>
>>23449791
>>23449818
Same comparison but 2020 MY trucks.
>>
>>23449851
Now compare the tailgate trim with the giant hunk of grey plastic the platinums have tacked on
>>
>>23449901
So move the abhorrent amount of chrome from the front of the Lariat to the tailgate of the Platinum. Got it.
>>
I hate large vehicles. And I drive a big rig for a living. Why make it harder for yourself to maneuver?
>>
>>23449818
I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news but they are practically identical
>>
>>23449926
Subtle differences make a big change. The Platinum isn’t covered in boomer chrome.
>>
>>23449922
>why make it harder for yourself?
>does something he supposedly doesn't like voluntarily for a living
based retard
>>
>>23448948
Nothing wrong with the Ridgeline. That truck is picture perfect for the suburban dad who does the occasional run to home depot for his weekend home project but also wants a car like ride for his commute into the city.
>>
>>23448948
It's really fuel inefficient for what it is. Honda should at the very least offer some kind of plug-in hybrid system like they have in the Clarity.
>>
Test
>>
File: 20210116_102524.jpg (2.21 MB, 4032x1816)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>23445793
K.
My little truck with just over a ton of gravel in the bed. The approach to my mailbox got washed out.
>>
>>23437450
KY actually has some really nice roads and the interstate here is some of the best in the country. Some of the best maintained anyways.. T. Hillbilly trucker
>>
>>23438147
You wouldn't get away from me on a country road. You in your weeb-box, me in my truck. I'd be on your ass the entire time. You don't know shit do ya Euro. Trucks handle fine. I've had mofos chase me down in Duallies and every kind of truck. Hell my 04 Xterra (think it was '04) had plenty of grip and drove nice. You just have to drive calm and smooth. You'd have to to be going unreasonable speeds or risk wrecking to get away on a country road. Some of you have a crazy imagination of what a pickup is.
>>
>>23438186
Who hurt you lol. Pickup truck + motorcycle is the god tier combo. Weeb shitter is the car no one actually needs and nothing justifies owning and maintaining an old pos over a truck in the USofA. You guys all act like you all daily drive Elise's. My newish Camry shits on all of your weebmobiles and it is NPC tier as it gets. You boys would shit your pants when a redneck pulls up on you with a confederate flag front plate and you are going NO WHERE on ANY road I would bet the farm on it because I know it
>>
>>23430334
>>
>>23440500
Hellz yeah the truck pulls the seethe from the Euro it's amazing the levels of drooling dislike it draws. They don't even know bro.
>>
>>23430334
>slow
>boring
>handle like crap
>drink fuel
>parts and tire costs suck

If your commute is a decent length I bet you are better off buying a small fun car to dd and leave the truck at home unless you need it.
>>
>>23
>>
>>23449435
Top 3 selling vehicles by far are non diesel pickups.
>>
>>23430334
Yes.

>comfortable
>spacious
>can see over traffic
>safe if some negress in a navigator with sagging airbag suspension t-bones you
>makes /o/ incredibly mad
There's literally no con
>>
>>23450864
Huh
>>
>>23450771
The only Carolina squat that is acceptable. Gravel sucks to unload too
>>
>>23445818
Tubs are lower though, trays have to be mounted entirely above the wheels
>>
>>23449118
It didn't overheat while towing, did fine actually. The transmission did overheat while off roading though, something it wasn't designed to do
>>
>>23449769
>You’ve never driven one and it really shows, especially not a LWB truck.

DD'd an '88 F250 with an 8' bed and a '13 F150 with a 6.5' bed. I'd rather DD either of them than my ex-girlfriends Fiesta simply for the interior space and higher seating position.

Even with old and stiff suspension like my '88 the seats were comfortable enough to make the ride pleasant over rough roads, with the less pleasant part being the loose and imprecise steering- which is a non-issue with a modern pickup.

Drive a modern car over road construction or a rough road and you can feel your teeth rattle. Fuck that.
>>
File: steering-ball-linkage.jpg (34 KB, 393x296)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>23451201
>loose and imprecise steering- which is a non-issue with a modern pickup
Most 4wds still have recirculating ball type steering that has lots of joints to wear out. I just aligned a 2015 sierra 2500 the other day that had loose steering.
>>
>>23430334
Only if it's a 1980's 2wd toyota
>>
>>23449107
It's a truck
>>
File: image.jpg (1.15 MB, 1500x1000)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Say goodbye to your cheap gas Americans
>>
>>23449851
>>23449818
Its just the interior and the interior on the platinums/limited is trash compared to Lariat. The other day I was looking at them someone told me plats and limited come with white interior
>>
>>23451228
Half tons don't, and most have independent front suspension and EPS
Ford solved the steering problem on 3/4 tin trucks and above by using the lane keep assist system to keep the steering from wandering while driving normally
>>
>>23451447
>the guy obama only picked because he wanted to appeal to the white conservative demographic
>the cop that never even attempted to reform anything

why do americans think these people are going to do anything but maintain the status quo
>>
>>23451580
Biden has already committed to rejoining the Paris accord on literally his first day of office
>>
>>23451589
The literal status quo pre orange man bad
>>
File: yes.jpg (130 KB, 647x659)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>23451607
>>
>>23447036
Shoo shoo brown Manlet
>>
File: f250 interiors.png (2.05 MB, 1120x1632)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>23451477
>Its just the interior and the interior on the platinums/limited is trash compared to Lariat.
you're a lazy cunt and a fucking retard to boot. Limiteds may come in a white/cream color but at least they don't come in an optional fucking disgusting tan. If you option either Lariat or Platinum in black I promise you will struggle to differentiate between them.
>>
>>23449168
I own a baja. ive got the 4 speed auto 2.5L. My MPG is never greater than 25mpg even on highway. It's an all around useful truck that I inherited. I took 700lb of kitchen tiles to the dump no problem. It fits my mountain bikes and motorcycle too. It's by no means a hauler, but it could make a DD for a family man because its got 4 doors and 4 seats and the utility of the bed.
Downsides are headgasket
>>
File: sizeimage3.jpg (31 KB, 488x390)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>23452138
Yeah I owned a 95 Legacy wagon years ago that I cut the back roof off into a pickup. I wanted to get the real thing and find a Baja. I actually liked the looks and size of the 1st gen Ridgeline.

A couple years ago when I was looking, people wanted $8000 for a turbo/manual Baja or a Ridgeline with 250k miles. I can buy a V8 pickup with 4x4 and less miles for half that...

But really, both of them would satisfy a lot of people's "pickup" needs which is a open ~5 foot bed and 1000 lb payload capacity. I guess they aren't manly enough or something and that turns people off of them.

The 2nd gen Ridgeline is not a bad looking truck besides the front end. Using the Pilot front end was a bad choice, it's not truck-like enough for the market.
>>
I own a 6.7 f250 in idaho. The majority of people out here either own a truck with 4x4, or a subie or a crossover with awd/4x4. Everything is 50-200 miles away, dirt roads, snow. Everyone out here uses side by sides or quads to drive into and around town, and their trucks to drive out of town. We all do our own maintenance and gas and diesel is cheap, like $2.10/gal. It's peak comfy out here, and yes, we're full.
>>
>>23452821
Lol stfu potato piece of shit. Only reason you redneck shit is making money is Californians buying up house/land. Fuck off few more years it will turn into shit state like Colorado. Bye and we won’t miss you
>>
File: 1550189932903.jpg (142 KB, 471x353)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>23452829
you on the right
>>
>>23450852
you’re telling me that not everyone can afford a $65k diesel truck? I’m shooketh tell me more wizard

do people not have $65k just sitting around in their bank? you goddamn millennials are lazy you chose to spend $65k on stupid liberal art degrees instead of getting a union factory job and paying your house off in 10 years like I did
>>
>>23451580
>>23451589
he’s also canceling the keystone pipeline and muh $15/hr wages, gas is going to go above $5 a gallon come spring

better buy some Tesla stocks because I’m sure they’re gonna have the fed printers go brrrrrrrr for muh electric cars
>>
Looks like I'm going to be inheriting a 2015 diesel F-250 with like 5000 miles on it. going to slap a lift on that bad boy asap.
>>
>>23430334
I enjoy mine.
>>
File: MV1_.jpg (24 KB, 500x375)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>23438463
True, most trucks are boring to drive. My wimpy Toyota blew a tire hitting a pothole in Cleveland last year. To my surprise Nissan Frontiers are a lot of fun. 310 hp and a touchy throttle means it flies at green lights. There's also several examples where the Frontier will go a million miles.

Just FYI, silver is the least ticketed color.
>>
>>23438463
I've read a lot of Tacoma owners say that the 6MT is fucking terrible to drive.
>>
>>23452118
All the 150 platinums I see stick out like a sore thumb. And why do you have a hardon for 250s. I’m talking about 150s
>>
>>23453169
>why do you have a hardon for 250s. I’m talking about 150s
well, gee, I wonder why I would reference super duties after posting four pictures of them that you directly replied to

really are a dumb cunt eh
>>
Utes are the best daily driver, not trucks.
>>
>>23452829
can you imagine being so miserable that you attack strangers like this on the internet over absolutely nothing? sorry dad left but being a sour little bitch isn’t going to bring him back.
>>
>>23430334
There is just no reason to buy something that is not a truck.
>>
>>23453126
It seems like when you got a gutless Camry engine dragging along 5000+lbs the last thing you would want to do is give up two gears.
>>
File: 1539025616763.jpg (70 KB, 640x640)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>23453412
This.
The thread can end here.
>>
>>23453404
Kill yourself faggot, quit bitching about nothing.
>>
>>23453754
my point exactly
>>
>>23453970
I’m not the guy you initially replied to, but seeing such a cuck make such a cucked comment made me reply. Literally fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>23431103
Modern America was built with cars as the primary means of transportation. When I visited Italy, I was taken aback at how tiny their roads are. And at how tiny their cars are - the cars Italians actually drive every day, not exotics which may be presumed to be tiny road missiles. My Jetta would be among the larger private vehicles on a central Italian highway, and it's a "compact" sedan.
>>
>>23444279
>white power wagon
>>
>>23438804
suzuki or mitshubishis ?
>>
>>23454165
see
>>23453404
>>
>inb4 claims that daily drivers need to be able to pull a boat
>inb4 claims that daily drivers need to be able to scale a mountain
>inb4 claims that wagons are soi and gay or something
Hurry up, you only have ten posts left before the bump limit to insult me.
>>
>>23453092
>Just FYI, silver is the least ticketed color.
also the most boring NPC color
>>
>>23453092
Least ticketed doesn't mean easiest to break the law in, more likely it merely means most likely driven by boring NPCs.
>>
>>23440509
>>23455323
Wagons don't exist in the US, they all got upsized to SUVs

>>23448924
>look gay, tacky and boomer as fuck?
Guess who has the money/credit to blow on them?
>>
>>23455429
They exist if you know where to look or are ok with used.
>>
>>23455323
Is a wagon better than a sedan or a crossover? Yeah obviously. Are they better than a truck? No not really. Even if you'll never do those "truck things" you're still paying the same for the truck as you are that yuppie hearse. What can what wagon do than a truck can't? It weighs 4000lbs and lifting a car like that destroys the "muh turns" argument.

This is coming from somebody who owns a wagon.
>>
>>23430334

why do they have to be so ugly? I never got this
>>
>>23453092
>>23455397
>>23455409
I actually like silver as a color but I also hate blending in, most of the time anyway. There's times I want to blend in and I just don't know what I want. Silver is very easy to keep clean, it's not hot in the summer and takes scratches and dirt well without ruining the overall look of the vehicle.

On the other hand...Voodoo blue is really cool. Perhaps if I get a TRD Offroad I'll go silver but a Sport I'll go blue. I may end up with the Sport after all as it's the only way to get a manual with the 6 foot bed.

>>23453126
>>23453415
I have heard the automatic is worst and manual is the way to go on these trucks. I hear it has trouble finding and holding a gear, just isn't paired well with the motor and being used in a truck, etc. Not unreliable just unrefined and not matched to the truck well.

After I wrote this I started configuring Chevy Express/GMC Savannas. For the price of a well equipped tacoma you can do a lot more but then you're driving a van.........with a V8.

I dunno boys I might just say fuck it and wait for the GR86. That's what I really want to daily drive. But man is it not gonna like the potholes around here.
>>
>>23432873
That cab space looks absolutely puny. Disgusting.
>>
>>23437059
>>23437567
This is straight up a fucking van or SUV with a bed attached. I thought we were talking about trucks here.
>>
>>23456819
It's actually massive inside
>>
>>23452821
I’ll never understand those sxs with the $20k price tag, hell for $5k more you can buy a new shitty 2dr wrangler and from what I hear they will both cost the same in maintenance since shit breaks so often
>>
>>23457129
The two are not remotely comparable. sxs's are for blasting down really chewed up logging roads at high speeds. Jeeps are for crawling over shit slowly while your boyfriend sucks you off.
>>
Should I get this? I’m stuck in a three way tie between the gladiator, bronco sport, and just waiting for the bronco.
>>
>>23457466
Those things go for Power Wagon money if you want one that can actually off road
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (3.64 MB, 3628x2263)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>23457468
>>23457466
Tradesman Power Wagon is FCA's best kept secret
Literally just a base model 2500 with all the mechanical parts of a Power Wagon and none of the luxury saving you a solid $20k-$30k
>>
>literally over paying by thousands of dollars for a vehicle that naturally comes with inferior handling and that will most likely spin out and crash into a ditch/wall if the wheels lose traction in mild rain

>literally paying anywhere from $30k to $45k for a brand new truck that comes with CLOTH seats only because higher truck trim levels with leather seat cost proportionately more than a fully loaded top trim level sports car. im talking upwards of $50k and even up to $100k for the privilege to sit your 300 lb ass in a leather seat.

>gets horrible mpgs even with an empty cabin

>costly repairs and higher costs of maintenance

>costs a small fortune to replace tires

>literally prone to flipping over due to higher center of gravity

>literally pig fat overweight by a few thousand pounds compared to a regular car which means more fuel consumption and horrible handling

>more likely to cause an accident or get into an accident while driving a truck which is beyond ironic because females use these good for nothing "larger" vehicles to specifically protect themselves

>90% of trucks on the road which were literally designed and or intended for hauling cargo don't haul as much as a paper weight pencil

>trucks cause and or worsen traffic congestion's due to shitty handling and due to being big for nothing vehicles that occupy more space on the road

>trucks have the image of toothless neckbearded rednecks and of wetback laborers

>in real life truck fags are insufferable BPD mentally unstable weirdos

this entire thread is one seething massive cope.

>muh truck is good in bad climates and it tows alot of shit

nice job asshole you overpaid by thousands of dollars which could of gotten you a fully loaded sports car or even better a fully loaded krautmobile but instead you got a huge pile of shit truck for the privilege of driving over some snow 3 times per year.

fuck off
>>
File: 1588140602000.png (65 KB, 625x626)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
> >23458335
>>
>>23444279
>If you live in some eurotrash hellscape where all parking is parallel, car lanes are the size of bike lanes, gas is so expensive and your wages so low that you should really be taking the bus, or the 30 minute intermissions you spend in your little shitbox between waking up, wage slaving, and coming home to shitpost on the internet are the only source of joy in your life, they are shit tier.
What car should people in this category get?
>>
>>23449818
>>23449851
No idea which model is which. Prefer the painted bumpers version.
>>
>>23458335
shittiest bait i've ever seen

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.