[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ezgif-7-5509d717deb0.jpg (156 KB, 2000x926)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
The auto industry has hired lobbyists to push its interests within the halls of power in Washington, D.C. for decades. Now that battery electric vehicles are the next big thing, the automakers who build them, as well as other companies with EV-related financial interests, have joined forces to create their own lobbying group.

A total of 28 companies, including Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Lordstown Motors, ChargePoint, and Uber, have established a lobbying organization called ZETA. This stands for Zero Emission Transportation Association. Its singular goal? To push for 100 percent electric vehicle sales by the end of the decade, something the UK has just adopted. This isn't just for passenger vehicles but also the medium- and heavy-duty segments.
Perhaps not so coincidentally, ZETA will formally launch in less than two months, around the same time President-elect Joe Biden takes office. ZETA has announced five key areas it intends to focus its government lobbying efforts: incentives for EV purchases; enacting stricter fuel economy regulations that will hopefully encourage automakers and consumers alike towards EVs; creating a greater charging infrastructure; greater government cooperation towards EV R&D and the related supply chain; and manufacturing.

As the US and world economy continues to take a hit because of the pandemic, ZETA sees a huge opportunity to promote new US manufacturing jobs for not only building EVs but also their components, including batteries.

https://electrek.co/2020/11/17/tesla-lucid-rivian-join-forces-zeta-push-electric-only-2030/
>>
Grug stock up on molotovs.
>>
Imagine not buying a tank that goes faster then a Porsche, Cope, Seethe and weep you ICE age troglodyte
>>
>>23226728
Amazing. The same people who complain about trucks not being used as what they were intended for goes nuts over an all electric SUV with a bed.

I'll stick with the Model S, the Cyberyuck still looks like shit even after a year later.
>>
>>23226760
>SUV with a bed
so... like... a pick-up truck?
>>
>>23226585
NOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU CAN'T FORM LOBBY FOR EV. ITS ILLEGAL.
>>
>>23226728
Id love to see it do 170mph
My 500$ shitbox can kek
>>
>>23226585
Sounds like a great idea to me, maybe they can finally get the US to standardize on a single plug for fast charging and require reasonably priced adapters for older EVs to be able to use it.
>>
>>23226728
>tank
This won't even protect you from a .50 BMG
Also, vaporware
>>
>>23226585
>This isn't just for passenger vehicles but also the medium- and heavy-duty segments.
How the fuck do these retards think theyre going to accomplish that? I'm not buying an electric f350 so i can work 2-3 hours moving hay or equipment then taking the day off to let the dumb piece of shit recharge
>>
>>23227049
Do you often drive your F350 over 300 miles in a single day at highway speeds around your farm?
Wouldn't being able to top up every night be better than having to run into town to fill up, or having to have a truck come out to fill up a storage tank with gas?
>>
File: 581780281.jpg (544 KB, 1600x1200)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>23227060
We own and lease several different properties we have to trailer equipment to and from. We fill up about every other day but thats because our truck has a 35 gallon main tank and 22 gallon auxillary tank. Battery capacity is nowhere close to matching that much stored energy in equivalent weight and size. Also we have a dedicated fuel trailer with two 150 gallon tanks we pull around to fill our tractors while in the field. Fuel logistics are not a concern.
>>
>>23226585
It's over.
Time to find a new little hobby.
>>
File: file.png (247 KB, 426x276)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>23226585
>>23227046
>>
>>23227094
okay, so you've got a legitimate need for an ICE work vehicle. But you've got to admit, your case is extremely niche. for >99% of the american population, an EV would fulfill all their needs just as well as an ICE vehicle. I figure they could continue producing small numbers of ICE work vehicles and create a permit system for the purchase based on legitimate need. I think shifting to primarily EV vehicles is going to be better than everyone expects. especially when lesser optioned vehicles with less electrical gremlins to deal with long term come out and all you have to worry about is an electric motor and a battery pack. Cars will never die, you pop in a new battery pack when your cells start failing and maybe replace a motor every few years. the simplicity will astound people. it just takes one manufacturer willing to shit on their competition by not locking repairs behind proprietary software and allowing easy end-user repair to turn the whole thing into a net gain for the consumers.

it's even possible that eventually battery technology reaches a point where stored energy is comparable to petrol chemicals and EV trucks become viable for your needs as well.
>>
File: 1502637197774.jpg (55 KB, 750x400)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>23226585
>To push for 100 percent electric vehicle sales by the end of the decade
Does that mean you can't buy new cars with ICE? This will also applies to old cars or what? What can I say, good luck trying to build tens of thousands of charging points ( and fast-ones) across the country, the entire power grid needs to be drastically improved to cöpe or will burn, while US produce about 5% more than it consumes, the amount of resources needed to produce so many cars, etc.
>>
>>23226585
>be PG&E
>advocating for a stupidly large increase in grid utilization
>equipment is so overtaxed and undermaintained as is that rolling brownouts are the norm and you cause forest fires on the regular
fucking californians are delusional

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.