[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remove these ugly fucking things from your car.

Now.
>>
i don't know, some people might think dirt and rock chips over the side of their car is uglier

but on the rear they're pointless yeah
>>
Why? They keep all the shit off of the paint, or most of it anyway. They're pretty visually unintrusive and protect the actual body. I actually had to go buy a set for my car, they didn't come standard.
>>
>>23226463
They're not usually tacked on to cars here in CA because we're not savages who still drive on dirt or gravel roads. So I don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>23226494
you underestimate how dirty the road is
>>
>>23226463
>Remove these ugly fucking things from your car.

they're for soaking up those squirts when you got that bitch propped up on your jankey ass plastic toy car and you can't stop you just gotta keep going

and she's screaming from you, but you keep giving her good dick because your financed 27.7% apr Mercedes has splash guards for your girl's waterworks cuz nigga you goin haam
>>
>>23226463
no
>>
>>23226503
Never in my decades of driving in CA have I had rock chips or any paint marring on the side of my car. We have paved roads here.
>>
>>23226520
So you only drive in the city, never through the mountains or any farm fields or anything?
>>
My last car I went 7 years without slash guards. I'm in the Midwest. Never had a problem. Sure some dirt sometimes on the side but whenever it got that dirty, it was time for a wash no matter what. The car's more aerodynamic, and just looks better without them.
>>
>>23226463
*Throws rocks at your front end*

Yeah that's a good idea.
>>
>>23226520
You been on the bus for that long?
>>
File: 1400839585862.png (4 KB, 400x400)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>23226463
They're hiding my quarter panel rust.
>>
>>23226551
kek
>>
>>23226494
>>23226520
kek Cali literally has the worst roads in the entire United States. Nice try bud

https://insurify.com/insights/these-10-states-are-in-dire-need-of-road-repair/
https://www.motortrend.com/features-collections/worst-roads-in-america-ranked-by-state/?slide=49
>>
They are worth a fortune on my shitbox
Basically a flex now
>>
>>23226463
Recently installed these aftermarket ones from Rokblokz onto my stinger, tongue my ass op.
>>
>>23226808
a fucking kia
>>
>>23226808
Hahha a Korean disposable car.
>>
>>23226520
Any car over 5 years old in CA has a fine coating of rock chips all over the front bumper and hood. Don't lie about this shit lol, our roads are dirty from all the retards with uncovered loads.
>>
>>23226872
>>23226875
Seething shitbox owners
>>
>>23226520
Yeah we have roads but they're not fucking good ones are they?
Dumbfuck.
>>
File: no.gif (389 KB, 267x180)
389 KB
389 KB GIF
>>23226463
>>
>>23226890
Reading comprehension is hard. I said on the SIDE of my cars you complete mongoloid.
>>
>>23226922
whatever floats your cope
>>
>>23226463
Fuck you, I live in Seattle where mud and rainwater are splashing on my car 9 months out of the year, those and my rubber floor mats are the only thing keeping my car from being a total disaster.
>>
>>23226463
and these
>>
>>23226463
would rather not suddenly be on the log flume if I happen to hit a puddle with the top down.
>>
>>23227144
rainguards are sick, get the fuck outta here faggot
>>
>>23227120
My car definitely has a huge streak of mud/sand along the bottom because it doesn't have splash guards. I dunno why you're so upset but it definitely helps
>>
>>23227144
I imagine it would make it hard to wash the glass, you'd have to roll it down to get the top of it
>>
>>23227144
I still don't understand the point of these
>>
>>23227516
Roll down the window during the rain, heard it reduces buffeting too
>>
I have retrofitted an original set.
When washing the car every week, spray them clean, and spray all suspension parts clean to prevent rust.
Mud or splashguards are awesome.
>>
>>23227516
Bugs can't get past the front ones while driving.
Rain can't get inside if t hey are properly angled.
>>
>>23226520
Depends on the County desu
Orange County roads are emaculate.
Santa Barbara and San Diego are okay. Riverside and San Bernadino are pretty good.
Los Angeles is pretty terrible. San Diego surface streets are absolutely horrid.
>>
>>23227516
They're primarily for smokers/vapers so that they can smoke in their cars during the rain. Same principle for shade during the sunny days for those that tint their windows.
>>
>>23227509
>I imagine it would make it hard to wash the glass
It does, but they're easy enough to remove and reinstall. Besides, the people that have these things aren't the type to regularly clean the glass anyway.
>>
>>23227144
>>23226463
These too
>>
>>23227744
Because that part of the hood gets hammered by rocks, that's supposed to angle them to fly over the windshield.
>>
>>23226808
from Roblox?
>>
>>23227144
>>23227516
These are great for sleeping in your car though. Can slightly open your windows without it raining in and it isn't instantly obvious your windows are slightly open.
>>
>>23226568
I've seen shit like this posted on /o/ so many times, and I really don't get it. The only way I can guess from these statistics is that it doesn't take very much wear for these surveys to consider a road to be in "poor" condition.

I wouldn't say that CA roads are pristine, or that Caltrans is prompt about repairing them. But, consider California's conditions. Most of the roads are subjected to little precipitation and never freeze. Pavement can easily last a decade or more without resurfacing. Most roads aren't flawless, but I don't encounter many that are really bad either.

>>23226890 is right about retards with uncovered loads though. In urban areas, the volume of traffic knocks most shit out of the active lanes pretty quickly.
>>
>>23228077
Don't think it's for rocks m8. Does help protect the front from chips but they just bounce off, wind doesn't affect rocks enough to deflect them. Does slow the rocks enough that they don't usually hurt anything afterwards though.

They're literally called bug guards. They guard all the bugs, it's in the name.
>>
>>23227528
>>23227676
Or you could just... Not open your windows when it's raining
>>
>>23230177
I would have loved some of those when my ac didn't work last year. At least get some venting, it's usually still hot here even while it's raining.
>>
>>23226520
This man has never been on Tasman Drive.
>>
OP works for safelite auto glass, he wants us all to remove these guards so that rocks shoot up into the windshields of cars and break them. Fuck you, op. Conniving kike
>>
>>23230177
I like the breeze

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.