[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Acura-NSX-1991-1600-1e.jpg (224 KB, 1600x1200)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>
>>20384169
Too expensive to fill the role the original NSX did.
>>
Dude just look at it.
>>
>>20384169
Women designers
>>
>>20384169
It didn't fail. Normies can't buy it new. Just like the original
>>
>>20384169
because they decided to make it slower than a luxury family saloon that costs $55k less
>>
File: jebplease1.png (769 KB, 1000x510)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>20384169
Original NSX was a drivers car...

NEW NSX has so many nanny systems and unnecessary weight in hybrid tech....also its Uggo
>>
File: NSX AD.jpg (1.26 MB, 2003x1494)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>20384169
instead of asking a bunch of jobless busriders why don't you use google to find your answer dumb ass.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/acura/acura-nsx/
>>
700 lbs beyond a racer. the end.
>>
>>20384173
Is it though? The original was $60k in 1990 which is $120k today. So 150k isn't much more expensive at all.
>>
>>20384222
>An extra 20% isn't that much more at all!
>>
>>20384169
It shares nothing with the original car and costs 3 times too much
They tried to turn it into some kind of statement instead of just making a usable easy to sell car
>>
>>20384169
looks awfull and went for a luxurious approach. not to mention that the original model was test driven by Senna the legend himself.
>>
>>20384212
>EW NSX has so many nanny systems and unnecessary weight in hybrid tech
It's safer and better a million times.
>>
>>20384235
some of us maybe just target cars that need more iq to tame and are a lot more fun to drive
>>
>>20384226
It's really not. Every car is more expensive then they used to be.
A Honda Civic in 1990 was like $7k, which would be $14k, and a 2018 starts at 20k. That's just life
>>
the old one was a DD for a someone who likes driving + the design its from ferrari, the new one has just too much competition for not inovating
>>
File: 2016-dodge-viper-acr.jpg (580 KB, 1918x1080)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>20384235
If a computer keeps you on the road, then you are not a good driver.

Nanny systems have their place in your moms mini-van

NOT in a performance car that is meant to elevate and reward skill
>>
>>20384279
>proceeds to post a car with nanny systems
lmao c
>>
I love it
>Honda and its consumer base is wrong. I'M the one who knows what's best for this car I could never hope to ever afford.
>>
>>20384232
Senna can't turn. who gives a shit what he test drove?
>>
>>20384169
I like the fact that it's hybrid. Nothing wrong with that.
What'S wrong with it are the Looks, it looks like a more childish audi R8. And also the price. It's not what the NSX was about.
>>
File: Dodge-Viper-ACR-ADV1.jpg (82 KB, 960x520)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>20384320
Vipers Track setting shuts down TC 100%
It's you and the car.

The NSX track mode according to "Car and Driver"

>In Track mode, you can’t slide around because sliding is slower. The car intervenes with corrections that make it straighten up and fly right. Faster lap times, yes, but also not as fun.

IN FUCKING TRACK MODE!
>>
It's under appreciated for sure, even if it is a good car. But it's totally undesirable. Old nsx was a breath of fresh air when it came out, the new one not so much.
>>
the new one isnt a long tail
/thread
>>
>>20384169
It didn't except to retarded weebs obsessed with an old kit car knock off Ferrari.
>>
>>20384366
doesn't shut down steering assist 100%

Its not as raw as Vipers of the past meaning SRT had to shove technology into it to keep up with the times and the current ACR is far easier to drive than ACRs of the past which is what made it faster. its no wnoder the new NSX shits on the old one by 4 whole seconds in just casual driving. people hate going faster and if they were running Honda they would've made it slower than C6 Corvettes of the past.
>>
File: lexus-lf-a---04.jpg (318 KB, 1279x853)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>20384169
Nips take too long to build shit, to be frank. They're such "perfectionists" that they waste years agonizing over bullshit, trying to figure out how to build the perfect sportscar. People get tired of 7-10 years of teasing before an actual product. Tesla is fucking faster to market. The Germans release new shit every other damn year.

NSX failed for the same reason LFA failed, LC failed, etc. They took too long.
>>
>>20384169
>ugly
>overpriced as fuck
>relatively poor performance for the money
How could it have ever possibly succeeded?
>>
>>20384469
LFA failed because they took ten years to release a car that sounded funny and only built 500 of them. was a joke in motorsports. time would've been better spent on the new Supra.

The NSX shouldn't even be compared because its full production and is going to exist for at least 10 years with plans to go fully electric. in short, Honda spent their time and moeny on a car they wanted to be their flagship and Toyota just jerked themselves off and got nothing out of it.
>>
>>20384474
>relatively poor performance for the money

It seems to have pretty high spec for the money, what's hampering it?
>>
File: 1477195852982.jpg (211 KB, 761x1030)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>20384495
Its wants it to be as slow as base model corvettes like the good ol days when it was """fast""" for the money.
>>
File: image.png (2.29 MB, 1920x1080)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
because it looks like a GTA car, and GTA did a better job at it.
>>
>>20384509
Unironically the best street car.
>>
>>20384509
holy kek. rear or name?
>>
>>20384474
ugly cannot be overstated

holy fuck the original nsx is a god machine and the new nsx is cancer
>>
>>20384509
>>20384520
3lazy5google tee hee. fuck thats really funny
>>
>>20384235
>It's safer
I drive a `90s midship that is sure to kill me if it rolls over.
It is safe enough for me, I don`t need ESP, ten gorillion airbags or automatic brakes and I don`t want that shit.
The advantage of a car like this is that it weights under 1000 kg, I have full controll over the car the entire time and I feel everything.
It is a lot more fun that way.
>and better a million times.
Maybe in a econobox for commuting, but NOT in a sports car.
>>
>>20384208
That thing is faster to 60 than a LOT of super cars.
>>
>>20384492
I've never seen so much COPE at one time, please excuse me.

At LEAST the LFA sounded cool, and didn't have the interior of a Camry. There is no redeeming quality about the NSX. Not the performance, not the looks, not the stock exhaust, not the Accord-level interior.

Doesn't matter if they make it for the next 30 years like the Trabant. I'll believe it when I see it on a fully electric NSX. Until then both the NSX and LFA are cool "japanese one-offs," but also completely outclassed in performance and design by the time they went on sale.
>>
>>20384572
>i drive some 90s cuckbox with the power of a Van and let me tell you, you don't NEED electronic safeties in 500+ HP cars
>never mind the fact that the Vette and 911 all got faster with less power than their previous iterations when they used these electronic safeties
>>
Just not the same without Hutchence.
>>
>>20384243
>>20384279
>>20384572
Have you all even driven the new NSX? Are you speaking from experience? If no, you can shove your opinions up your ass. Speaking sportscar stuff when you haven't driven em. Buffoons.
>>
File: 1519799083120.gif (1.65 MB, 500x500)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB GIF
>>20384605
NSX wasn't outperformed by the same cars the LFA was.
didn't cost as much as the LFA.
Is actually worth a damn in motorsports.
Actually has aftermarket support
Actually brought new manufacturing technology to Honda that can be used on future commuters
No other car offers the same HP/fuel economy ratio except the $800,000 918 unlike LFA not even being the only car that sounded funny for 400,000+k *cough*Cerrara GT did it almost a decade earlier for the same money*cough* so it really makes you think who's design got outclassed.

But yes, these cars have the same problem and at least the LFA sounded funny.
>>
>>20384666
Nice trips, Honda exec.
>>
>>20384366
Does it shutdown the ABS? No? So there's still a nanny.
>>
>>20384617
>sub 1000kg tracktoys are cuckboxes
Sure thing buddy...
>power of a van
The power maybe, but the power/weight ratio is a totaly diffent story.
A series 1 Elise for example had 192 hp maximum, less than a toybaru, but its weight was also just about 750 kg.
This results in a good power to weight ratio in a car that outcorners pretty much everything.
>you don't NEED electronic safeties in 500+ HP cars
Indeed, you don`t need that shit, if anything larger heavier cars are so sluggish that they are easier to handle.
Try to get your ass behind the wheel of something like a Elise or Super Seven and push it hard around a track, you will see what I mean.
>never mind the fact that the Vette and 911 all got faster with less power than their previous iterations
They bumped up power quite siginificantly in both cars.
>>20384656
>Are you speaking from experience?
I have driven a lot of cars from different periods, and several of them where MR or RR.
In the end the lightweight roadsters with no nannies where the most fun since they give you a lot of response and don`t limit you.
If you have driven one you just can`t go back.
>>
too gay
>>
>>20384666
>>20384678
>literally the only person that likes the new nsx is fucking satan
really makes you think.
>>
>>20384723
>The power maybe
so you aren't pushing the same power and you don't face the same dangers. a caterham probably has a higher power to weight ratio than your car but still gets cucked on high speed tracks. bump up the caterham's power to that of a C7 Stingray without the technology to keep it planted and it becomes undriveable.
If heavier cars are so sluggish why is a 3400 lb stingray faster than a 3100 lb C6 Z06. why is a 500 HP GT3 faster than a 600+ HP 997 GT2 RS. these cars got faster with less power due to their electronic assist. C7 gen corvette being one of the biggest leaps in technology for the Corvette name since the C4 in 83.

How are you this daft.
>>
>>20384169
It looks like a Chinese knockoff McLaren and costs too much for what it is. Pointless car.
>>
>>20384222
You forget that back then people made more money than today
>>
>>20384222
>25% markup for a soulless nannycar that looks like it was designed by a 10 y/o Taiwanese girl
No thank you
>>
M5
>>
>>20384882
Actually it was designed by Americans
>>
File: Michelle .jpg (49 KB, 750x422)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>20384169
Michelle Christensen
>>
>>20384793
>so you aren't pushing the same power and you don't face the same dangers.
It isn`t the power that kills you, it is the acelleration, the speed you reach and the behaviour in corners that are actualy dangerous.
Driving a loaded semi truck with 500 hp on the highway for example is pretty fucking boring and safe, while driving a MRS with sticky tires and just 103 kW on a tight mountain road is pure adrenaline rush.
Also once you rech speeds above 150-180 km/h it doesn`t matter how fast you go, it just matters how tight the track is in relation to your speed, in case of a crash you are just as dead either way as safety systems can`t handle highspeed crashes at all and energy is mass*velocity^2.
>caterham with corvette tier power
Fastest caterham model has 310 hp stock at 575 kg weight, IIRC it doesn`t have nannies besides ABS.
But it is by no means undriveable, you just need to learn how to controll the throttle.
>why can a heavier car get faster than a lighter car
It depends a lot on the track you are talking about, but compared to the `90s we mostly got better tires and aerodynamics.
In case of Porsche they did a lot of suspension work on the 991 GT3.
>these cars got faster with less power due to their electronic assist
Not realy, the main advantage they had where better tires and better aerodynamics.
>>
>>20384169
Not only is it slower than cars that cost the same but it's slower than $70k cars like the aggressive Mustangs and Camaro 1lE's. That would be fine if it were a drivers car but the thing is a hybrid computer on wheels that looks like a budget McLaren.
>>
File: Acura-NSX-Concept-front.jpg (177 KB, 1500x938)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>20384887
The original concept was designed by Toshinobu Minami, the only thing Michelle Christensen did was redesign the grille and lights for cooling and regulatory purposes respectively, Americans had almost no hand in it's overall design.
>>
>>20384917
Weebs utterly BTFO
>>
>>20384222
The original NSX was the poor man's Ferrari, in that a middle class worker who saved diligently could actually afford one, that $30k difference is pretty big, especially considering it gets absolutely spanked by the R8 V10 and 911 Turbo in those price ranges, it should've been closer to $100k.
>>
>>20384917
>Americans had almost no hand in it's overall design.
"Unlike the first generation NSX which was manufactured in Japan, the new NSX was designed and engineered in Marysville, Ohio, at Honda's plant, led by chief engineer Ted Klaus."
https://hondanews.com/channels/executives/releases/ted-klaus
>>
File: HONDANSX-3083_2.jpg (385 KB, 1024x614)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
I have never driven the new NSX, so I can't comment on it, but I love the old NSX. It makes my dong stiffen to Gary Oak levels of girth.
>>
>>20384917
Damn, looks like US media is hyping up Michelle
>>
>>20384942
That concept was designed by Acura Japan's design head, and it's nearly identical to the production version. The interior may have been designed in America, but the exterior styling was designed by a Japanese man and went through minimal changes to the production version, regardless of what Acura's PR says.
>>
>>20384959
that's not my point tho. you said Americans had no hand in it's overall design, even though they did contribute a significant amount. the outside of the car isn't the only thing you should look at.
>>
>>20384957
They really are, she was personally at dozens of press events, she's one of the most well known automotive designers now despite having almost no experience and it sounded like Acura was really banking on 'Women in Car Design' to make the car seem new and progressive. They pulled the plug on that little campaign when they realized how badly it was selling and would probably do more damage to the perception of women in automotive design than good, IIRC they haven't even sold a thousand new NSXs yet.
>>
>>20384352
kek. hope you dont have a racing idol anon because it is very likely hes your idols idol.
i dont like the new fat nsx and im only ok with the old one but dont fuck with senna.
>>
>>20384905
>Driving a loaded semi truck with 500 hp on the highway for example is pretty fucking boring
but driving a 500 HP vette that's 3100 lbs is nothing like your car or a caterham which is why the electronic assist are needed.
>Fastest caterham model has 310 hp stock at 575 kg weight, IIRC it doesn`t have nannies besides ABS.But it is by no means undriveable
because its not even close to 500 HP and still loses to AMG GTSs even with the stickier tires because it lacks the grunt and quickly runs out of steam and with the same power it would be a mess.
>It depends a lot on the track you are talking about
all tracks they were both tested on the GT3/Stingray came out on top. even in the same Era a GTR would beat lighter/and or more powerful AWD cars because it had more electronic assist constantly transfering power around to keep the car stable allowing the drivers to focus on his lines rather than fighting with the car which ironically made it more of a driver's car in the eyes of many than the "raw macho man look at me dramatically burn chunks of my tire off going slower at every corner " super cars. other manufacturs started adding more assist technology and surprise surprise they went faster because of it. an SS 1LE has less sticky tires than a Z28 and less aggressive suspension setup without and spoolvalve dampers and still claps it.

Without electronic assist these new-age super cars would get embarrased by cars with them even on stickier tires. i don't know why you think you see something dozens of manufacturers in the industry don't who have tried the formula only for it to work with flying colours.
>>
>>20384495
Lol, prob the electric motor and battery weight. (and cost)
>>
>>20384169
Saw this youtube comment and thought it summed it up pretty well.
>"keeping the purity of the original NSX."

"So we hired a girl out of grad school, made it look 100% different, kept no original elements, put a shite hybrid engine in it, and gave it an outrageous price."

(Plus I think instead of aggressive Ferrari styling, they did feminine tiny car style, like a miata or whatever)
>>
File: 1459290491111.png (108 KB, 1500x1521)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>20385163
>he unironically thought some youtube comment was wroth reposting on 4chan
>a post that just regurgitates the same shit people ITT have already said no less
>>
>>20385133
>but driving a 500 HP vette that's 3100 lbs is nothing like your car or a caterham which is why the electronic assist are needed.
500hp/1,4ton=357 hp/ton
320hp/0,575ton=539 hp/ton
Indeed, the Corvette is pretty underpowered compared to the Super Seven.
>because its not even close to 500 HP and still loses to AMG GTSs even with the stickier tires because it lacks the grunt and quickly runs out of steam
Source?
Also I`m pretty sure someone has LS-swapped a Super Seven by now...
>in the same Era a GTR would beat lighter/and or more powerful AWD cars
Except it didn`t, the Skyline GTR (R-32-R34) never made a faster laptime around the Nordschleife.
>electronic assist constantly transfering power around to keep the car stable
If your suspension setup is good and you know how to drive this isn`t realy an issue.
AWD,MR and RR sometimes even power-understeer, allowing you to steer by throttle.
>Without electronic assist these new-age super cars would get embarrased by cars with them even on stickier tires
Depends a lot on the driver and how decent the car is set up, a driver trained to drive without electronic aids will be faster without them.
Anyway, I don`t buy a car to race, I buy it to have fun.
Traction controll constantly interfering with my driving makes it less fun, plus I had some close calls recently because I was driving a "modern" car limited me in some situations where I wanted to take a corner with lift-off oversteer but I only got ESP turning that into understeer.
It was even worse whan I drove a friends Audi Q2 recently, that torque-vectoring shit and anti-collision makes it handle even worse, as it is not under the direct controll of the driver.
It is also dangerous when ABS doesn`t allow you to lock your wheels in snow.
>>
>>20384169
tl;dr is: it's ugly and stupid
>>
>>20385163
While I broadly agree with you (FWVLTW) the original NSX's price was considered outrageous at the time.
>>
>>20385163
>Plus I think instead of aggressive Ferrari styling, they did feminine tiny car style, like a miata
based and redpilled
>>
>>20384169
Because the GTR ruined supercars and made all about "muh laptimes"
>>
>>20384605
That V10 is the most disappointing performance engine in decades.
Who the hell wants a gutless that can't even stay at the higher rpms they boasted about.
Why would you want that when the snek does everything better.

>>20384666
You forgot, the V10 makes shit for torque has only 9k rpm to boast and makes worse mpgs than a pushrod. Thing can't even safely stay above 7k rpm for very long because the valve springs shit the bed.
There's a reason they never took off in Motorsports.

>>20385189
These days no. Abs has gotten to the point you can go with or without on supercars. Only reason youd want abs completely gone anymore is for rally on these things. I agree on the traction control part though.
>>
>>20385189
Again, power to weight ratio means nothing if you are making shit for power even in comparison to something that weighs 1 or even 2000 lbs more.
>Source?
pic related, notice the top speed difference. the gap would only grow the longer the track. low weight low power isn't going to get you anywhere and you need to be able to put more power to the ground if you want to win which is where electronic assist come in.
>Also I`m pretty sure someone has LS-swapped a Super Seven by now...
gee, i wonder why its never set any lap records amongst even other caterhams.
>the Skyline GTR
i'm talking about the R35, remember, we are talking about cars around 500 HP where shit gets dangerous.
>If your suspension setup is good and you know how to drive this isn`t realy an issue.
Randy is a racing driver, even he could barely get close to the GTR's time in a C6 Z06 around streets of willow because he said he was fighting with the car and it gave him less confidence driving. that is straight from the racing horse's mouth and he was driving without traction control on so he is well trained to drive without it and still lost to the GTR so i can imagine your average joe would be in for a serious beating without assist.
>Anyway, I don`t buy a car to race, I buy it to have fun.
then you shouldn't be making decisions on expensive flagship performance cars cause you'd shit them up. not to mention not everyone finds fighting with your car and needing to be the best driver on the face of the earth just to get 90% out of it "fun". Motortrend, and even Randy, a racing driver, would often criticize the viper for being more difficult to drive than it needed to be compared to something like a vette with way more nannies.
>Audi Q2
Audi's heldex shit can't even compare to what a TLX's system can do let alone an NSX.
>>
File: AMG GTS vs Caterham.png (231 KB, 551x481)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>20385293
Forgot the picture.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 537x90)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>20385298
also forgot the top speed comparisons
>>
>>20385289
I`m ok with ABS existing in the car, I`m not ok with making me unable to turn it off.
>>20385293
>low weight low power isn't going to get you anywhere
It sure as hell does, your pic even says that the cheap as fuck Super Seven is as fast as the expensive Benz on the Hockenheim ring, and the Super Seven doesn`t even have IRS.
>you need to be able to put more power to the ground if you want to win which is where electronic assist come in.
Electronic assist doesn`t help you there, especialy when you don`t have AWD.
>wonder why its never set any lap records
It would be ridiculously front-heavy and not handle well.
>i'm talking about the R35
The stock R-35 isn`t that fast either on the Nordschleife.
>500hp is dangerous
No, it isn`t.
>corvette handles like shit
What did you expect?
Has burgerland ever designed a car with a good suspension setup?
>muh fighting against the car
If the suspension and drivetrain setup is decent, you don`t fight against the car, you use these characterists to your advantage.
For example I like to steer my corner exit via load transfer, wich allows me run my car at the edge of its available grip.
>often criticize the viper for being more difficult to drive than it needed to be compared to something like a vette with way more nannies.
Again, you can make these things optional or at least make it possible for the driver to deactivate them.
>Audi's heldex shit can't even compare to what a TLX's system can do let alone an NSX.
That is not entirely true, in case of the Q2 it can produce a significant rear bias and torque-vectoring, although the real mechanical quattro is indeed a lot better than the other systems.
>>20385317
Topspeed doesn`t realy matter, driving 250 km/h+ on the Autobahn gets boring pretty fast.
Been there, done that in multiple cars.
>>
>>20385364
>It sure as hell does
then the fastest cars in the world should have less than 400 HP and be able to lap the ring in under 7. cars like the Caterham would be lucky if they broke 7:30.
>Electronic assist doesn`t help you there
It did, it helped the vette very much and the Camaro.
>It would be ridiculously front-heavy and not handle well.
on top of skidding everywhere because shit tier traction from no assist helping get the power to the ground.
>The stock R-35 isn`t that fast either on the Nordschleife.
Compared to a Murcielago, R8, and 997 911 Turbo? the AWD titans of that era? it definitely is.
>No, it isn`t.
According to Randy it is.
>What did you expect?
Ohh, you were shitposting. now i see why you think electronic assist are bad. never mind the fact that the Vette had magnetic ride which auto-addjust the damping settings every second to fine-tune the car to changing conditions which the GTR lacked giving it an advantage but you're free to find a RWD car with better handling with the same power to weight ratio of the era.
>If the suspension and drivetrain setup is decent, you don`t fight against the car
You fight with every car that has lots of power without assist. why do you think powerful cars won't be jarring?
>If the suspension and drivetrain setup is decent
the Vette's was, find me a car with a better setup in the same era with no assist.
>Again, you can make these things optional
Why bother when most people like and enjoy the assist? its what made the GTR so popular. most sports cars are ditiching Manual transmissions because almost everyone opts for the Auto which flies in the face of supposed driver's car wants but no one seems to care. R8 doesn't even have a Manual option anymore.
>Topspeed doesn`t realy matter
Yea it does, read Sport Autos Super test of the Z06 vs the AMG GTR. the main reason the AMG GTR was faster despite their own acknowledgment of the vette's superior handling was its slightly higher top speed down the long straight.
>>
>>20385481
>then the fastest cars in the world should have less than 400 HP and be able to lap the ring in under 7. cars like the Caterham would be lucky if they broke 7:30.
The fastest car on the Nürburgring is 875 kg.
>It did, it helped the vette very much and the Camaro.
It didn`t magicaly give it more traction.
>on top of skidding everywhere because shit tier traction from no assist helping get the power to the ground.
Electronics can`t increase grip, that isn`t how physics work.
>Compared to a Murcielago, R8, and 997 911 Turbo? the AWD titans of that era? it definitely is.
911 isn`t even AWD and the 911 GT2 RS MT is far ahead of the GTR.
>>No, it isn`t.
>According to Randy it is.
500hp alone isn`t dangerous, it depends on the car, not the engine.
>>What did you expect?
>Ohh, you were shitposting. now i see why you think electronic assist are bad. never mind the fact that the Vette had magnetic ride which auto-addjust the damping settings every second to fine-tune the car to changing conditions which the GTR lacked giving it an advantage but you're free to find a RWD car with better handling with the same power to weight ratio of the era.
Last time I checked the 911 had the record on the Nordschleife, and that by a huge margin.
>You fight with every car that has lots of power without assist. why do you think powerful cars won't be jarring?
You obviously don`t floor it midcorner, learn about controlling the throttle.
>the Vette's was, find me a car with a better setup in the same era with no assist.
Corvette never had a good suspension setup.
>>Again, you can make these things optional
>Why bother when most people like and enjoy the assist?
As you can clearly see ITT many people don`t like it.
>>
>>20385544
>its what made the GTR so popular.
What made the GTR popular was the rear-bias AWD and the fact that the engine can take a good amount of boost.
>most sports cars are ditiching Manual transmissions
All Lotuses are available with manual transmissions, same goes for Porsche, Miata is still available with a manual, Toybaru still has a manual and I could go on.
All drivers cars are still available with a manual transmission and even their automatic options are usually dual clutch with paddle shifters.
>>Topspeed doesn`t realy matter
>Yea it does
Ok, where except for Nardo or a strip of Autobahn during midnight is a speed ofover 300 km/h actualy archiveable?
>>
>>20385317
Neither car could even reach 155mph on the topgear track. what
>>
>>20384169
I’m sure it’s a decent car, and well engineered, but it doesn’t seem that special or excel in any particular category.
From what I’ve read, Honda kept changing the direction of this car over the course of 12 years. The recession in 2008 took a big toll on the project, canceling what was going to be an analog v10 drivers car closer in spirit to the original to the current hybrid set-up of today. Too many directors and too many conflicting ideas of what this car was supposed to be doomed it from the start. Also the styling sucks.
>>
>>20384263
You are only proving the point of corporate greed, not life. Life is living in a house, farming your own land for food, and procreation. There isn't anything beyond that.

Inflation and excessive cost rising is why car dealerships are having to fuck over the legal system to stay in business. And by fucking over, I mean paying off politicians to change laws to benefit them. This is true in every 1st world country.
>>
>>20385544
>The fastest car on the Nürburgring is 875 kg.
it also has over 1000 HP on slicks.
>It didn`t magicaly give it more traction
of course not, it manages power output so you aren't putting too much down allowing you to maintain more traction than you could otherwise without slicks.
>Electronics can`t increase grip
No, they help control the car's power which would make you lose grip from skidding.
>911 isn`t even AWD
how the fuck do you not know what the 911 Turbo is? it has existed since the 993. GT2 RS MT didn't exist until 2017. not relevant.
>500hp alone isn`t dangerous it depends on the car, not the engine
The cars we are talking about is 3100 lbs like the C6 Z06 which is dangerous.
>Last time I checked the 911 had the record on the Nordschleife
Last i check that happened in 2017 not 2008-12 before the C7 even came out thus making it not relevant to this discussion.
>learn about controlling the throttle
now imagine a computer that can do that better than any human giving you maximum power with minimum traction loss and you begin to understand why it helps.
>Corvette never had a good suspension setup.
compared to what? 911s it would repeatedly beat? or are you going to quote some stripped out track car on slicks?
>As you can clearly see ITT many people don`t like it.
Who gives a shit what people on /o/ likes? is this a joke? hardly anyone here even owns a powerful sports car let alone one with 500 HP.
>>20385551
>What made the GTR popular was the rear-bias AWD
The Murcielago, 911 Turbo, R8 all had this.
>engine can take a good amount of boost
911 Turbo, R8 could all do this aswell.
>Lotuses
They sale in volumes comparison to an NSX despite being half or a quarter of the cost. most mainstream sports cars are doing away with Manual completely. only reason the 911 has its is because of the US or it too would've been dead a long time ago. Miata and Toyobaru have no good performance Autos to offer on the level of PDK.
>>
File: u89sb6kbm6m01.jpg (336 KB, 1267x1980)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>20384202
this
>>
>>20385551
>All drivers cars are still available with a manual transmission
The R8 is considered a driver's car by many but no Manual option
>Ok, where except for Nardo or a strip of Autobahn during midnight is a speed ofover 300 km/h actualy archiveable?
even on tracks where you can't even reach your top speed the Caterham is clearly going to run out of steam far faster than more power cars which is why it can be beaten despite its insanely low weight. top end grunt almost all the time except for some of the shortest tracks.
>>
>>20385656
>top end grunt almost all the time
matters almost all the time*
>>
it’s basically NoSeX without the vowels
>>
>>20384366
>faster
>this is a bad thing
Sorry computers can do it better than a person. Nannies make cars faster. No nannies just make it a sliding slipping mess of a shit car.
>>
>>20385640
>it also has over 1000 HP on slicks.
Yea, but that thing is just crazy, they couldn`t have doen it with a heavy car...
>of course not, it manages power output so you aren't putting too much down allowing you to maintain more traction than you could otherwise without slicks.
When I exit a corner with my midship I steer with load transfer, there isn`t any more grip available for the electronics to utilise as I already split up everything between cornering and acelleration.
>No, they help control the car's power which would make you lose grip from skidding.
Ironicly my car has power-understeer, meaning that to a certain degree it understeers when I increase power-output midcorner.
>GT2 RS MT didn't exist until 2017. not relevant.
It exists at the same time as the GTR, so it is relevant as well.
>The cars we are talking about is 3100 lbs like the C6 Z06 which is dangerous.
The power isn`t what makes a car dangerous, it is its driving characteristics.
>Last i check that happened in 2017
We have 2019 now.
>>learn about controlling the throttle
>now imagine a computer that can do that better than any human
The computer doesn`t know what I plan on doing, so it can`t be better.
>>Corvette never had a good suspension setup.
>compared to what? 911s it would repeatedly beat?
Last time I checked the 911 had the record on the ring.
>Who gives a shit what people on /o/ likes? is this a joke? hardly anyone here even owns a powerful sports car let alone one with 500 HP.
Again, horsepower alone are a pretty useless figure and the new NSX doesn`t realy sell that well for soem reason.
>>
>>20384169
Because it wasn't a mid engine rwd vtec NA V10 for 90k usd
>>
>The Murcielago, 911 Turbo, R8 all had this.
They didn`t have engines that take boost that well and except for the base model 911 are pretty expensive.
(excluding the Metzger Block, that thing takes boost like crazy)
>Lotuses
>most mainstream sports cars are doing away with Manual completely
Mainstream sports cars at this point are verry few, and most of them still offer manuals.
>only reason the 911 has its is because of the US
Not at all, if that was the case they wouldn`t have bothered to get it to comply with new EU regulations.
> Miata and Toyobaru have no good performance Autos to offer on the level of PDK.
Indeed, but they have manual transmissions.
>>20385656
R-8 is not a sports car, but Audis halo-car.
>Caterham is clearly going to run out of steam far faster than more power cars
Name one street legal car that packs as much track performance as the super seven for the same price.
>>
>>20384169
It failed?
>>
>>20385364
It's easy enough to take the thing off and if your going without abs you might as well take the entire system out.
It's actually easier than the older ones to do. Not sure why you would want a lot of the assistance off on it since it oversteers like a P1 when the awd and hybrid systems are completely disabled.

>>20385690
Pretty much. You can be a complete retard steering the thing and be fine.
Only a few things I could think of that would have been worth changing on it.
>>
The original NSX is one of the best looking cars ever made. Is it really fair to compare it to that?
>>
>>20385725
Sadly in modern cars it isn`t as easy as it used to be.
Up untill the `00s you could just pull a fuse, but nowerdays it isn`t as simple anymore.
With all the dead weight of the hybrid system it probably isn`t worth its money.
Keep in mind it weights 1850 kg, that is insanely heavy.
>>
>>20385697
>they couldn`t have doen it with a heavy car...
That car doesn't match the decription of your 300 HP Caterham or the car you, yourself drive. so what was the point here? low power low weight still won't help you and i'm yet to be proven wrong.
>When I
you drive a low powered shitbox. why are you citing yourself?
>It exists at the same time as the GTR
It didn't exist in the GTR's era. i just said the GTR was faster than cars in its era because of its electronic nannies to which other manufacturer's realized they can go faster with more electronic assist and you want to quote newers cars that have more thinking it helps your point?
>The power isn`t what makes a car dangerous
Randy literally said otherwise. why are you arguing this when you drive a gutless shitbox lmao.
>The computer doesn`t know what I plan on doing
So you're saying when you put your foot down literally calling for more power the computer won't know what you plan on doing? because that's where the car with electronic assist will have the advantage over you. putting his power down better than you can down to a fine calculated number.
>horsepower alone are a pretty useless
I didn't give you horsepower alone. i gave you a powerful low weight car and cited a racing driver who drove it saying its dangerous. the waters are not muddy here but very clear.
>new NSX doesn`t realy sell that well for soem reason
1000 build count a year 1500 sold from 2016-17. ironically sold better than the Evora people keep saying his a modern NSX in the way people want.
>Last time I checked the 911 had the record on the ring.
Last i checked it had more assist than the previous car and still not a car of the C6's era but congrats on citing a car that got around with more assist and an Auto trans too. seens you agree the NSX made the right decision to go down that route afterall.
>>
>stuck in development hell
>turbo v6's are the norm on release
>hybrid performance has been a thing for half a decade
>not even the fastest of the japanese super cars
shoulda stuck with the HS-V
>>
>>20385710
>They didn`t have engines that take boost
There are dozens of videos of 1000 HP R8s, Gallardo (shares the same engine). most people didn't buy the GTR because of its engine they bought it because of how easier it was to go fast in which is what almost every reviewer was saying at the time. people who want "an engine that can take boost" can buy a fox body with a good modular swap and have a street legal car that runs 8s for less than the price of even a 70k GTR. cars long before it offered cheap boostable engines. that's not even what answers you'll get if you go to Forums for why they bought it.
>Mainstream sports cars at this point are verry few
The Vette, 911, GTR and R8 are mainstream sports cars according to their reviewers.
>Not at all
Porsche themselves said so.
>get it to comply with new EU regulations.
Get a Manual trans to comply with EU regulations? i'm pretty sure that takes no effort on the same exact gen car that offered it years prior.
>Indeed
so they aren't relevant to this discussion because the autos are shit tier compared to the manuals so why would anyone buy the Autos? cars that gave good autos people almost always buy them in Auto far more. look at how many Auto Z06s sold compared to Manual. new GT500 has no Manual option either because the auto is actually good.
>Audis halo-car
Halo cars can be sports cars. regardless it is defintely considered a driver's car.
>same price caterham
what does this have to do with assist being better for cars which is why the industry went that way to put down more power to go faster? Caterham hasn't even lapped the ring.
>>
>>20385781
>That car doesn't match the decription of your 300 HP Caterham
Sure, it is a purpose build car just for that one track.
>why are you citing yourself?
Because that is how I drive, slow in, fast out.
>It didn't exist in the GTR's era
The R-35 is still in production.
>Randy literally said otherwise. why are you arguing this when you drive a gutless shitbox lmao.
My car is everything but gutless, while indeed not mainly designed for acelleration, it sure smoked some V-8s.
>So you're saying when you put your foot down literally calling for more power the computer won't know what you plan on doing?
Yes, since I use the resulting load transfer and corresponding understeer as means to ballance cornering force vs. acelleration.
>I didn't give you horsepower alone. i gave you a powerful low weight car
1400 kg isn`t low weight.
>1000 build count a year 1500 sold from 2016-17. ironically sold better than the Evora
Why choose the evora specificly and not the Elise/Exige twins?
>>Last time I checked the 911 had the record on the ring.
>Last i checked it had more assist than the previous car
Source for the 911 GT2 RS MT having more assists than the previous itteration of the 911?
>>20385821
>1000 HP R8s, Gallardo (shares the same engine)
1000 hp isn`t all that much boost and the engine isn`t identical, just based on the same block.
>fox body
That thing has a terrible suspension setup with a solid rear axle.
> Vette, 911, GTR and R8 are mainstream sports cars
They don`t sell nearly as much as Miata and Toybaru.
> i'm pretty sure that takes no effort
You have no idea about WLTP, do you?
>they aren't relevant to this discussion
They are the most common sports cars sold these days, they sure as hell matter.
>R-8
>drivers car
KEK, have fun cleaning out the intake runners...
>what does this have to do with assist being better for cars
The Super Seven is a good example of a lightweight sportscar, unbeatable in its pricerange.
>>
>>20385865
>Sure, it is
The ring car literally is not street legal. couldn't be more far apart if you cited an F1 car.
>Because that is how I drive, slow
and you'll continue driving that way if you tried to put down more power with no assist lol.
>The R-35 is still in production.
and its still a car from a different era. late 2000s is not the same era as late 2010s.
>it sure smoked some V-8s.
it smoked 500 HP Corvettes? i can run past a smog era shitbox and say my shoes smoked V8s.
>since I
but your car lacks power. why is it and you relevant? not to mention you said you drive for fun not to go fast so you probably aren't even a good driver behind the wheel of a powerful car.
>Elise/Exige twins?
Because they are more along the lines of a stripped out shitbox and the NSX is and was a road car with a quiet drive and power windows/seats.
>1400 kg isn`t low weight.
According to randy with 500 HP it is.
>Source for the 911 GT2 RS MT having more assists
https://carbuzz.com/features/the-997-gt2-is-the-porsche-911-no-one-is-talking-about
>"Unlike newer RS models, which have all sorts of driver aids, the 997 GT2 required a highly skilled driver to reach its full potential"
>1000 hp isn`t all that much boost
doesn't doesn't matter one way or the other. its not why people bought the GTR.
>They don`t sell nearly as much as Miata and Toybaru.
THe Vette sales more than both 2-1.
>they sure as hell matter.
They have shit autos. i said any car with a good auto will outsell the manual. how are they relevant to that statement?
>WLTP
Ok, explain what effort it takes to get a manual car through EU regulations on a gen and model that offered it years prior.
>cleaning out the intake runners...
what does this have to do with driving i.e being a driver's car?
>Super Seven is a good example of a lightweight sportscar
but a bad example of a sports car not being better with driver's aids considering its slower than cars with driver's aids and doesn't even have a ring time lol.
>>
File: 1547738655091.jpg (56 KB, 640x424)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
It didnt fail though lol. Just because a bunch of salty poorfags on an angolan flyfishing community network dont like it doesnt mean they arent selling well compared to production numbers
>>
Designed by a woman and looks like a vagina
>>
>>20385998
>The ring car literally is not street legal. couldn't be more far apart if you cited an F1 car.
Read what I fucking posted, it was a purpose build racecar.
>and you'll continue driving that way if you tried to put down more power with no assist
Slow in fast out is the fastet way and putting down more power midcorner causes understeer, ESP doesn't help here since all four tires are already at their limit at that point.
>and its still a car from a different era. late 2000s is not the same era as late 2010s.
It is a car build in 2019, what is your point?
>it smoked 500 HP Corvettes? i can run past a smog era shitbox and say my shoes smoked V8s.
Cofvettes are rare here, but several Mercedes AMGs.
>but your car lacks power. why is it and you relevant?
It doesn't lack power.
>not to mention you said you drive for fun not to go fast so you probably aren't even a good driver behind the wheel of a powerful car.
The fact that I use weight transfer for steering should say enough about my ability to controll cars with more power.
>Because they are more along the lines of a stripped out shitbox and the NSX is and was a road car with a quiet drive and power windows/seats.
So more of a boring GT instead of a proper sports car?
>According to randy with 500 HP it is.
1400 kg is almost twice as much as a S1 Elise.
>>"Unlike newer RS models, which have all sorts of driver aids, the 997 GT2 required a highly skilled driver to reach its full potential"
It says nothing about the GT2 RS MT.
>doesn't doesn't matter one way or the other. its not why people bought the GTR.
The reason the GTR is popular is the combination of an engine that can take boost, AWD and a somewhat decent suspension, not its traction controll.
>>
>THe Vette sales more than both 2-1.
Source?
I haven't seen a Corvette in months, but Miatas are all over the place.
>Ok, explain what effort it takes to get a manual car through EU regulations on a gen and model that offered it years prior.
You need to test the whole setup in a new complex test again and you need to optimise it for the test in order to pass it.
>what does this have to do with driving i.e being a driver's car?
The V-10 has some serious issues, from burning up Lamborghinis to loosing power due to gunked up intakes.
>but a bad example of a sports car not being better with driver's aids considering its slower than cars with driver's aids
Show me one it its price range.
>>
>>20384169
no pop up headlights.
>>
>>20384169
Too slow, and too neutered
>>
>>20384169
new NSX looks like it’s trying to be a super car instead of just being a purist sports car.
>>
>>20384572
>ten gorillion airbags
Thats basically where most of the weight comes from
>>20384617
Sometimes, we want to burn rubber and other shit for funs, the ShitSX takes away the fun option
>>
File: billnide.gif (67 KB, 480x270)
67 KB
67 KB GIF
>>20384169
I think most of this thread is correct in some way but I would have really liked to see a model that bridges between the NSX and the RLX
>>
>>20384936
Or just bump the power up with no regard for sanity, just jack the boost up
>>
>>20384901
she did what she could with the bullshit requirements they gave her
>>
>>20386180
>Read what I fucking posted
ok up here>>20385544
, your response to my statement "the fastest cars in the world should have less than 400 HP and be able to lap under 7" and your response was a car not fitting that decription i.e a race car well over 400 HP that's not even for sale to the public.
>fast out
you won't be going fast out if you can't put your power down.
>what is your point?
that 2019 is not the same era at 2009.
>several Mercedes AMGs
what power were they, what years even.
>It doesn't lack power.
how much power does it have.
>The fact that I use weight transfer
The fact that randy can do everything better than you and still sides with me should say a lot about your ability to control even the stream of your own piss.
>So more of a boring GT
idk man, i don't really care to debate this one with you. maybe road cars don't come with power windows and seats where you live.
>S1 Elise
Doesn't have 500 HP and i just said low power with low weight won't win you races and you've yet to show me a car that disproves this. the fastest lotus around the ring is still slower than a C6 Z06 from 2005.
>unlike newer RS models
>It says nothing about this newer RS model
are you just about done shitposting?
>reason the GTR is popular
has nothing to do with an engine what'so-ever when you can buy cars that are cheaper that can be faster in the quarter mile or in roll races on the street.
>not its traction control
no just its ability to go faster easier than you would anything else at the time.
>>20386189
>Source?
https://carbuzz.com/news/mazda-posts-impressive-2018-sales-figures
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevrolet/corvette/chevrolet-corvette-sales-numbers/
>The V-10 has some serious issues
reliability has nothing to do with driving.
>Show me one it its price range.
when it laps the ring (slower cause lol no power) i will.
>>
>>20386218
>Sometimes, we want to burn rubber
buy a used stang and you can do that cheaper than any NSX new or old. problem solved.
>>
>>20384169
There's no real market for the new NSX sadly. When it comes to high end impractical sports cars at this price point there's typically 2 demographics, people who just want to show off, and those who actually car about driving, enough they might even track the damn thing. The NSX appeals to neither of these groups because when you option one out there are just better choices as far as driving dynamics and design go, to say nothing of the interior. I like the exterior but the inside ain't anything special, I can say it's unobtrusive and won't look super dated like a lot of modern interiors already do. There are too many better alternatives and too much tech, they may have ironed out the software issues but all the digital bits have come at a big cost, and no one is going to buy an Acura to flaunt their wealth status.

The original NSX was novel because of the amount of cars it could show up, back when dedicated high-end performance vehicles simply weren't all that common to begin with. The average upper-middle class person with a god job and decent credit could usually manage to get a hold of one and still be financially secure. Fast forward to today and the middle class might as well not exist, there is no credit available outside the elite wealth class, and in general it's much harder to build performance cars let alone make a profit on them without a sky high price point.
>>
>>20384169
Cephalopod beak ?
also its the current year
nothing good can ever happen
>>
>>20386374
>The original NSX was novel because of the amount of cars it could show up
which turns out to be not much>>20384508
>>
>>20384226
It's not 20% more. The average liquid wealth is vastly lower and the price of cars is way higher than inflation should put them. Cars today are overpriced by a good 30-40% and as such, these sports cars SHOULD be the price of a high end saloon, not the price of a 90's super that they are slower than.

Blame it on Arabs paying absolutely ridiculous amounts for cars. We just sold a converted old school mini with the 2.6 Hyabusa engine for nearly £100,000 when the parts and labour cost maybe 1/3rd that. That's without the "unique" standards shit that Arabs like to have,
>>
>>20386353
>you won't be going fast out if you can't put your power down.
I can put as much power down as my tires can grip, I operate my car at its limit.
>that 2019 is not the same era at 2009.
Both are produced at the same time.
>what power were they, what years even.
I don't know the exact figures, but knowing AMG they are probably not exactly slow.
>how much power does it have.
Enough to drop AMGs on traffic lights.
>The fact that randy can do everything better than you and still sides with me should say a lot about your ability to control even the stream of your own piss.
cope
>idk man, i don't really care to debate this one with you. maybe road cars don't come with power windows and seats where you live.
Sports cars aren't meant for daily driving, so there is no point in having that crap.
>you've yet to show me a car that disproves this
Super Seven is the fastest car for its price.
>>unlike newer RS models
>>It says nothing about this newer RS model
GT2 RS MT isn't just GT2 RS.
>has nothing to do with an engine what'so-ever when you can buy cars that are cheaper that can be faster in the quarter mile
As I said, it is the combination of engine, drivetrain and suspension.
>>Source?
>https://carbuzz.com/news/mazda-posts-impressive-2018-sales-figures
>http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevrolet/corvette/chevrolet-corvette-sales-numbers/
That is just in the north american market.
>reliability has nothing to do with driving.
The fact that it tends to ignite fuel via the gas tank evaportion system during downshifts says a lot.
>when it laps the ring (slower cause lol no power) i will.
It is not just about laptimes, and 310 hp is plenty for it.
>>
>>20386414
>I can put as much power down as my tires can grip
then when you boosted yout car up to 500 HP and go around faster than modern sports cars get back to me.
>Both are produced at the same time
but from different eras.
>Enough to drop AMGs on traffic lights.
so enough to drop the slowest shitbox that can qualify for an AMG badge but no where near C6 Z06 level.
>cope
cope with being slower cause no assist.
>Super Seven is the fastest car for its price.
when it gets a ring time it could be.
>This newer RS isn't just any newer RS
But still a newer RS which is what they were talking about.
>That is just in the north american market.
do you live in a coutnry with displacement taxes? America buys more sports cars than any other country or region on earth.
>It is not just about laptimes
lap times are a measurement of being faster and its why more assist are better. manufacturer's don't care what's more "fun" they care what's faster.
>>
>>20384202
>Women designers

+2
>>
File: soy overdose.jpg (164 KB, 1280x960)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>20384235
>It's safer
>>
>>20385105
>Don't fuck with a dead guy that didn't have the sense to hit the brakes when he missed a turn.

Retard, both of you.
>>
>>20384723
Yeah whatever but have you particularly driven an NSX? You speak like you know how exactly it drives and feels.

I haven't driven the NSX but I'm sure it would still feel like a sportscar while driving because why would Honda leave out that feature? Yes, it has nannies but look at what Honda wanted. They wanted a futuristic supercar with the present hybrid tech.
>>
>>20384901
Cunt just made an audi tt
>>
>>20385799
this
>>20384169
Because it looks like shit and wasn't this car
>pic related
>>
The answer is, that 1-gen NSX is a Nissan MID-4.
And 2-gen they made by themselves and fucked up

https://youtu.be/6For1JfDItY
>>
File: 1451543746790s.jpg (4 KB, 124x124)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>20385799
>>20386828
>its not the fastest of the jap cars so they sould've made it slower
all my keks.
>>
>>20386841
Literally not what I said you fuckass
>>
>>20386859
so why would you want those versions if they're inferior
>FR
>Naturally aspirated
cuck tier.
>>
>>20386862
Are you like simple or something?
>20384169 (OP)
>Why did the new NSX fail?
>Because it looks like shit
>>
>>20386866
>because it looks like shit and wasn't this car
>a NA cuckbox
>>
>>20384217
fuck off faggot, its a car board. he wants to talk about cars with car people so thats what the fuck is happening. fucking hell its like the old car forum thread last year
>>
>>20384235
wrong and ur a fag. it completely misses the mark for what an nsx is supposed to be and this comment only further proves that
>>
>>20387219
OP here.

Thanks for the support, man.
>>
File: o8xMW88.gif (1.93 MB, 235x240)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>20384509
embrassing. holy fuck
>>
>>20386447
>then when you boosted yout car up to 500 HP and go around faster than modern sports cars get back to me.
500 hp in a sub 1000 kg would be nuts, that is supercar level.
>but from different eras.
They are from the same time, so they are from the same era.
>so enough to drop the slowest shitbox that can qualify for an AMG badge but no where near C6 Z06 level.
AMG V-8s sure as hell are no slouches m8
>cope with being slower cause no assist
quite the opposite
>when it gets a ring time it could be.
typical benchracer
>But still a newer RS which is what they were talking about.
The MT is a totaly reworked design and not mentioned in the article.
>America buys more sports cars than any other country or region on earth.
The north american market still isn't the entire story.
>lap times are a measurement of being faster and its why more assist are better.
They ore one measurement amongst others >manufacturer's don't care what's more "fun" they care what's faster.
Why should I buy a boring car?
>>
>>20387225
>for what an nsx is supposed to be
Honda decides what the NSX needs to be. You can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>20387447
>They are from the same time
2007 is not the same time as 2017.
>AMG V-8s sure as hell are no slouches
compared to corvettes they almost all are.
>The MT is a totaly reworked design
Is RS in its name? is it new? then it was mentioned in the article. if Porsche kept the electronics in the other RS cars what makes you think they suddenly ripped them out in the MT? no one does that. cite me a single time any manufacturer has with the same model. especially when it would make them slower when doing a lap. even on the Nurburgring listing there is no car called "RS MT" so it probably has never even done a lap and doens't matter anyway.
>Why should I buy a boring car?
You shouldn't buy any car and should stop replying aswell. literally throw your computer in the gerbage after you read this. you're just finding anything and everything to reply to just because. count your losses and leave. you replied to a post 6 hours later for fucks sake. i honestly think you're just pretending to be retarded with the "le 2007 car is from the same era has le 2017 car" and "they couldn't have possibly meant this newer RS when they said newer RS". you're shitting up 4chan and making Yotsuba cry and that's just sick.
>>
File: 26572526648_a34b6233ea_k.jpg (668 KB, 2048x1536)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>these autists having this absolutely useless argument

neither of you will ever drive a brand new NSX.
>>
>>20384508
We got some shitty brakers, here.
>>
>>20385728
>Is it fare to compare the NSX to the NSX?
>>
>>20386050
It is very "girly" looks tiny and feminine.
>>
>>20386824
pretty much this, I was thinking miata or rx8 but yeah, audi tt fucked a VW beetle... basically every tiny chick car mixed together.
>>
>>20386370
we also want to turn.
>>
>>20387853
no you don't. you just want to look like a micro dick fag whilst appearing to care about turning.
>>
File: 911-GT2-RS-MR-002.jpg (219 KB, 1280x853)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>20387625
>2007 is not the same time as 2017.
2017 GTR vs 2017 911
>compared to corvettes they almost all are.
Not realy...
>>The MT is a totaly reworked design
>Is RS in its name? is it new? then it was mentioned in the article. if Porsche kept the electronics in the other RS cars what makes you think they suddenly ripped them out in the MT?
Manthey Racing changes quite a lot on their 911.
>even on the Nurburgring listing there is no car called "RS MT" so it probably has never even done a lap and doens't matter anyway.
Spelled it wrong, it was MR not MT.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/de/produkte/porsche-911-gt2-rs-mr-manthey-racing-rekordfahrt-nuerburgring-nordschleife-sportwagen-lars-kern-16356.html
>You shouldn't buy any car and should stop replying aswell.
No.
>>
>>20384469

good. dumping poorly made meme shit on the market is why fiat chrysler has such a bad rep
>>
>>20385642

I blame spics for this
>>
>>20388376
>2017 GTR vs 2017 911
GTR is not from 2017 its from 2007.
>Not realy...
yea, really. corvettes shit on them all apart from the AMG GT/SLS and SLR. if you didn't race any of those then you raced a slouch.
>Manthey Racing changes quite a lot on their 911
Nothing to do with ripping out the electronic assist systems so it seems you once and for all agree that they belong in sports cars and they are better with them.
>No.
Well you are now since you have no argument anymore. it was fun but stay BTFO once and for all.
>>
>>20384469
Next on the list is Supra. Mark my words. This shit will be hype at the beggining and as soon as all reviewers and koolduds drive them - it will be pretty much forgotten. Just like NSX. I even forgot stuff like new NSX exists. Also it is almost entirely based on BMW, so even less cool factor. Dead on arrival pretty much.
>>
>>20388428
People still talk about the NSX constantly all over car media. Search "NSX updates" into google and click on "news" and even in Japan they are taking note of any and all changes honda makes.
>>
>>20384509
Looks closer to an i8, desu
>>
>>20384235
S O I
It's faggots like you who are contributing towards ruining the auto industry, a "SUPERCAR" is about driving dynamics not bullshit tech that increases weight and ruins immersion
>>
>>20388424
>GTR is not from 2017 its from 2007.
2017 GTR is from 2017
>yea, really. corvettes shit on them all apart from the AMG GT/SLS and SLR. if you didn't race any of those then you raced a slouch.
Yea, AMG is totaly knownfor verry slow cars...
>Nothing to do with ripping out the electronic assist systems so it seems you once and for all agree that they belong in sports cars and they are better with them.
Nope, they make sports cars less fun, if I wanted to do a fast lap on the Nürburgring with all assists, I'd take the Ringtaxi...
>Well you are now since you have no argument
You just said that I shouldn't reply, wich is not an argument.
>>
>>20388517
A model T built in the modern era does not make it of this era
>AMG is totaly knownfor verry slow cars..
yep, so call me when you race something fast.
Sports cars like the GTR win driver's car of the year therefore they must be fun
You shouldn't reply because at this point you have no response to assist being objectively better and are just arguing what you feel is "fun".
>>
>>20388558
>A model T built in the modern era does not make it of this era
The era of a car lasts at least as long as it is originaly manufactured, besides Nissan made a lot of modifications to the GTR.
>AMG
>slow in a straight line
Show me one AMG with their V-8 that is slow...
>GTR
>drivers car
KEK, maybe tuners car, but the GTR ins`t a drivers car.
>fun is not important for a sports car
Sports cars are made to be fun to drive on the road, nothing else.
That is why I judge them by how much fun they are to drive.
Why would anyone even buy a sports car that actively prevents him from having fun with it?
>>
>>20388604
>The era of a car lasts at least as long as it is originaly manufactured
Nope. differen't time when designing and different technology availible for producing.
>besides Nissan made a lot of modifications to the GTR.
unless they dumped the entire car and replaced it with a new one its still not of this era.
>Show me one AMG with their V-8 that is slow...
anything that's not a AMG GT, SLS or SLR. you can just use google to find the ones that aren't these cars i'm not gonna list em.
>but the GTR ins`t a drivers car.
Of course its not a driver's car to the guy with some shitbox.
>Sports cars are made to be fun to drive on the road, nothing else.
you should make your own sports cars then and i could maybe one day take that statement seriously.
>Why would anyone even buy a sports car that actively prevents him from having fun with it?
If people have fun in GTRs and NSXs then fun is not being prevented.
>>
>>20388626
>Nope. differen't time when designing and different technology availible for producing.
>unless they dumped the entire car and replaced it with a new one its still not of this era.
They changed the suspension setup multiple times, modified the aerodynamics and changed a shitload on the engine.
2007 GTR isn`t the same car as the 2017 one.
>anything that's not a AMG GT, SLS or SLR.
C-63 isn`t slow.
>Of course its not a driver's car
Indeed, it can`t compare to a good roadster.
>you should make your own sports cars then
Lotus, Mazda, Porsche and Toyota build such cars.
>If people have fun in GTRs and NSXs then fun is not being prevented.
They sure prevent a lot of stuff, like kicking the rear out far or using lift-off oversteer in tight corners.
>>
>>20388653
>They changed the suspension setup multiple times, modified the aerodynamics and changed a shitload on the engine.
Still not of this era, just the specific parts they changed.
>C-63 isn`t slow.
You're right, its molasse in car form.
>it can`t compare to a good roadster.
but you've never compared them so you don't even know.
>Lotus, Mazda, Porsche and Toyota
You don't speak for them or what they want their cars to be and nothing more.
>They sure prevent a lot of stuff
doesn't sound like anything worth a damn outside of personal opinion.
>>
>>20388558
You're retarded the AMG GTR is faster in every way to the Nissan GTR and the AMG also won best drivers car too
>>
>>20388894
>a benz turk nigger who can't read
why am i not surprised.
>>
>>20388653
>mazda
>porsche
>toyota

>drivers cars

LOL

aside from the cayman there is not a single car worthy of note made by these manufacturers
>>
>>20388954
mazda and toyota are the best drivers cars because they were featured in my weaboo anime!
>>
File: 「B E I T O」.png (72 KB, 594x595)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>20388715
>the C63 is slow
>>
>>20384217
Kill yourself boomer nigger faggot.
>>
>>20388926
>Can't deal with the superior GTR
>>
>>20388954
>>mazda
MX-5
>>porsche
Cayman, Boxter and 911
>>toyota
>>
>>20389666
neither of them is a drivers cars aside from the cayman
>>
>>20384279
B-But vipers are made to get rid of bad drivers
>>
Jesus fuck if you guys want a car with no electronic nannies so bad just get a fucking DIY track car
>>
>>20389693
A skilled driver would have fun in any of those cars anon.
>>
>>20384331
If /o/tists ran the car industry we'd all be back on horses in 10 years.
>>
>>20384169
most probably:
>auto
most importantly:
>ugly

also:
>>20384202
>>
File: 1549751238401.png (199 KB, 530x440)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>20384320

The viper is one of the only supercars that actually isn't a hugbox for millionaires

But I'm even more stupid for falling for you low tier bait
>>
>>20384169
Because it's a Japanese version of the R8 with a smaller engine and a bigger price tag. Let's be real- who the fuck is going to pay $160K for a v6 hybrid?
>>
>>20392226
R8 also weights about 300 kg less

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.