[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>https://www.businessinsider.com/kyrsten-sinema-fiibuster-speech-efforts-to-primary-arizona-senator-2022-1
primarying her is just going to make the seat go red again. Anyone who wants to end the filibuster is my enemy and a greater threat to the USA than China or Russia
>>
Is your bunker stocked and ready, Anon? Are your weapons properly greased and loaded?
>>
Tough week to be a shitlib
>>
Why is the filibuster a good thing? Isn't it fucking stupid for paid congress members to INTENTIONALLY waste debate time? Isn't that admitting you are unable to debate the issue because you are wrong? No partisan answers please, only midwits give those
>>
>>990292
Because we don't rule by mob. 50 isn't a majority. Go learn basic civics and mathematics
>>
>>990292
You are the midwit btw, but you knew that
>>
>>990292
Talking for a filibuster is fucking stupid, but they should need 60 votes to pass something. That should be law. If only 50.1% of voters or senators or whatever are in favor of something, they need to come up with something less divisive. Also, no more riders and pork buried in 1000+ page bills.
>>
>>990292
because it prevents laws from being passed. Laws should never be passed ever. No one wants the country to change on a dime just because one party has 51 percent of the vote. With no filibuster every 4 or 8 years guns would be banned and abortions would be banned then abortions would be legal then banned and taxes up and then down and then up and then down.
Making it as hard as possible for congress to pass laws is based
>>
>>990311
You don't need a filibuster to not pass laws, Anon. America got along fine until the 1950s when filibusters started being used regularly to block civil rights legislation.
>>
>>990316
>midwit debunked talking points detected
Yikes dawg thought you said "no partisan answers"
>>
>>990306
This is a good post and I agree
>>
>>990316
until the 1950s we only had white conservative men voting. Post civil rights act is when LBJ and welfare and shit started going down hill. You are comparing a pretty unified nation pre 1950 to the shit show we have now
>>
>>990316
>America got along fine until the 1950s
wew
>>
>>990316
Do you actually think "civil rights" was/is good for the nation?
>>
>>990319
I wasn't that anon
>>990324
The New Deal was when "welfare and shit started going downhill" That was 20-30 years before LBJ had any power.
>>990325
I meant without using the filibuster.
>>
>>990326
Not only do I think that, but I'm pretty sure something like 90%+ of Americans agree.
>>
>>990330
...and the vaccine is 100% safe and effective at protecting you from getting covid.
Your takes are shit m8
>>
>>990331
What's it like being an extremist minority in society?
>>
>>990332
I would imagine it would entail hiding in your mom's basement watching CNN and posting cringe online
>>
>>990334
My mom has been dead for decades, the geology of my area doesn't allow basements, and CNN is for retirement homes and world war II veterans.
>>
>>990328
>The New Deal was when "welfare and shit started going downhill" That was 20-30 years before LBJ had any power.
First off, the New Deal shit had a super majority and even then they refused to pack the courts and the courts kept cucking FDR
B. LBJ did the Great Society and War on Poverty which sent the new deal into hyper drive
3. Johnson was an aid in congress in 1932 and became a congressman in his own right in 1937 and was specifically a friend and ally with FDR at this point in time
>>
>>990332
pretty dank
>>
>>990339
My point was that Congress didn't feel the need to start filibustering until uppity southern negros started marrying white women and drinking from white water fountains in the 1950s, but I concede the historical point to you, good /his/torian sire.
>>
>>990344
I'm especially curious what it's like for someone like you to sit through watching an entire NBA basketball game.
>>
>>990306
>>990299
>>990311
Non-American here, your system is completely fucked. I can support needing 60% approval to enact a new law, but the way to do that is to pursue that as the goal. Filibustering no matter which side does it is just childish and embarrassing that adults would ever act like that.
>>
>>990350
I have literally seen 2 basketball games in my entire life. One was space jam and the other was some bulls game in 1998 that I literally cannot remember because I was like 4. I have no interest to watch basketball. Hell, I stopped watching baseball in 2020 because they made it gay and pozed and I actually like baseball
>>
>>990369
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu3FE489LUQ
>>
>>990345
Because prior to that point the electorate was pretty homogenous and wasn't demanding gibs and shit. Look at the difference between the NFA and GCA. In the NFA they flat out say they can't ban guns because it would be unconstitutional, hence the retard tax, but then go to the 1960s and LBJ and the dems are literally trying to ban handguns.
>>990360
>Non-American
I stopped reading here. I don't care about the opinions of subhumans
>>
>>990360
>Non-American here, your system is completely fucked.
Oh look another irrelevant eurofag telling the world's superpower what they're doing wrong.
>>
>>990376
>>990381
It's genuinely funny watching Americans still trying to act uppity at this point. Your country is spiraling down the drain so fast now it's hilarious. And before you reply with some limp wristed jab at whatever part of the world you guess I'm from remember that the whole subject of this thread is about how completely retarded your system of making laws is, to the point that politicians are forced to act like children because it's the only way to get what they want.
>>
>>990393
>at whatever part of the world you guess I'm from
I don't have to guess, literally every other nation on the Earth is a third world shit hole full of subhuman serfs
>>
>>990228
>Anyone who wants to end the filibuster is America's enemy and a greater threat to individual freedom than China or Russia.

FIFY
>>
>>990403
Can you list five reasons why I would want to live in the US over where you assume I am now? So far I can't think of a single one so it should be fun to hear what you can come up with, if anything.
>>
>>990409
I am white, middle-class, straight and own land btw.
>>
>>990409
I have guns and you don't. I have freedom of expression and you don't. I don't pay 80% of my income in taxes. The poorest 20% of Americans are richer than the median yuro. And I didn't have to learn a second language because I just forced everyone else to learn English
>>
>>990470
I own guns and hunt deer.
I have at least as much if not more freedom of expression than you guys.
I pay nowhere near 80% of my income in taxes
I am wealthier than the average American
I speak English, French, German and some Hungarian.

Canada here. We still have canons pointed at your country where I walk my dog, and with good reason. You barbarians are finally starting to implode as we always knew you would.
>>
>>990470
>I shoot gun
>I say nigger in public
>[insert lie about european tax rate]
>[insert lie about poor Americans being richer than Europeans]
>My education system is poor and I'm proud of it

Please. Stop. You're making us look so bad.
>>
>>990478
lulz so ghey
>>
>>990478
>>Canada here.
you do not have our speech or gun rights, your money is literally monopoly money, and you have a dictator with unlimited power who didn't even win the plurality and 2/3rds of the nation voted against. And gun's aren't for durr, but your dictator is confiscating those isn't he?
But I guess you want to stay to fuck dogs
>>990480
https://fee.org/articles/the-poorest-20-of-americans-are-richer-than-most-nations-of-europe/
stay mad yuro
>>
>>990485
>stay mad yuro
I'm very American and you're an embarrassment.

>https://fee.org/articles/the-poorest-20-of-americans-are-richer-than-most-nations-of-europe/
I don't have time to break down this data to you. You clearly didn't even read the article.
>>
>>990492
>I'm very American and you're an embarrassment.
you are nothing. you will discover that one day.
>>
>>990492
>I'm very American
you are not
>I don't have time to break down this data to you. You clearly didn't even read the article.
you clearly have not read it
>>
>>990485
I think our gun laws are far better than yours. Yes our dollars have different overall values, I am well off here so that matters little. In terms of free speech, I have always felt very welcome to voice any thoughts and concerns I have ever had.

I don't get your dog comment, but whatever. I can't think of a single positive reason to ever want to move to the US.
>>
>>990521
>I think our gun laws are far better than yours.
then you are a cuck and just show again how you are a serf and I am a free man
> Yes our dollars have different overall values, I am well off here so that matters little.
sure like that $25 dollar can of soup? We know canadians are so poor they have to eat kraft mac and cheese multiple nights a week as dinner
>In terms of free speech, I have always felt very welcome to voice any thoughts and concerns I have ever had.
Canada does not have freedom of expression. The government can declare "reasonable" limits, or your dictator can just flat out declare any speech he wants illegal with no check or balance
>I don't get your dog comment, but whatever.
There was a major canadian federal court case about receiving oral sex from a dog
> I can't think of a single positive reason to ever want to move to the US.
we don't want cucks like you here
>>
>>990513
>you are not
Cope harder

>you clearly have not read it
Then you'd know that the data makes no claims as to what population is "richer" than another and merely measures the amount of resource consumption. Fucking illiterate idiot.
>>
>>990567
what is wealth other than resources you retard? If the poorest 20% of Americans have a standard of living better than half of all yuros, what difference does the monopoly money make?
>>
>>990571
>what is wealth other than resources you retard?
If you need me to explain the difference between income and wealth and its relation to resource consumption then you're too economically illiterate to have this conversation. Do you really need me to explain to you that someone consuming more resources doesn't make them richer?
>>
>>990552
>then you are a cuck and just show again how you are a serf and I am a free man
I can own and use guns because I have proven myself responsible. Where you are amy random dipshit can be armed. Call me cucked, I call you stupid and reckless.

> sure like that $25 dollar can of soup?
You can get a can of soup for 99c or less anywhere. Congrats on showing how clueless you are.

>Canada does not have freedom of expression. The government can declare "reasonable" limits, or your dictator can just flat out declare any speech he wants illegal with no check or balance

None of that is true. There are protections against hate speech, but I'm not surprised you don't understand the distinction.

>There was a major canadian federal court case about receiving oral sex from a dog
That's nice.

>we don't want cucks like you here

Exactly, so why would I want to live in your crumbling dydtopian hellscape? Remember this whole thread is about how your government is so fucked up people have to resort to filibustering every time there's a disagreement.
>>
>>990228
>OP thinks he hasn't already lived under single party rule for decades
>>
>>990228
no lie detected
>>
>>990316
and where did civil rights get us in the end?
>>
>>990478
édesanyádat taknyosra szopattam a mosókonyhában tegnap éjjel
ajánlom magamat
>>
>>990350
are americans forced to sit through sportsball games?
your comment doesn't make any sense
>>
>>990393
>>990403
Tell us you're a sheltered city slicket without saying it out loud.
>>
>>990360
As a US citizen, it is disappointing when politicians still act like a divided nation, as if two countries in one. I would hope to see people weigh policy by the constitution and reflect on how the nation as a whole is benefited towards a more prosperous, free, and safe nation. Just as they themselves wish to have more power and money, a dash of empathy and a pinch of individual reflection of personal intentions would go a long way towards sustained improvements.
>>
>>990572
someone consuming more has a higher quality of living and is thus living life as a wealthier person you absolute retard
>>990581
>I can own and use guns because I have proven myself responsible. Where you are amy random dipshit can be armed. Call me cucked, I call you stupid and reckless.
you are cucked for letting the feds limit a basic human right.
>You can get a can of soup for 99c or less anywhere. Congrats on showing how clueless you are.
don't lie chang, we have all seen canadan grocery store pics
>>990581
>None of that is true. There are protections against hate speech, but I'm not surprised you don't understand the distinction.
hate speech is free speech and your dictator can declare whatever he wants as hate speech. You have no freedom of expression just as you have no gun rights
>That's nice.
sure thing dog fucker
>Exactly, so why would I want to live in your crumbling dydtopian hellscape? Remember this whole thread is about how your government is so fucked up people have to resort to filibustering every time there's a disagreement.
No, our government is fundamentally better designed than yours because in yours your dictator who lost 2/3rds of the vote and didn't even win the plurality can snap his fingers and ban like 200 models of guns where as here nothing can pass without 60 votes and even then it needs to not be killed by the courts. That is good. It should really require 75% to change the law
>>
>>990725
I'm not an urban cuck
>>990762
It isn't enough for the communists to have their bullshit policies in their own states, they must force it upon everyone else
>>
>>990795
>they must force it upon everyone else
That's how communism works
They blame all their failures on non communists.
Kinda how they blame Chicago's gun crime on adjacent states or how California blames it's homeless crisis on arizona
>>
>>990797
lol I have heard communists blame the famines in the USSR on the UK and USA not giving the USSR free food
>>
>>990228
She’s just acting as a fall guy because she knows her party will want to filibuster whenever the Dems lose the Senate
>>
Huh. So all of Chicago and all of California blame their problems on adjacent states and Arizona?
>>
When the fuck are these childish Americans going to grow up and quit calling anything they don't like communist?
>>
>>990813
literally. If you ask a dem all gun crime in Chicago is from either Indiana or from the suburbs, because Chicago banned all gun stores in the city somehow, which has to be unconstitutional but whatever, so dems will point out that most of the guns used in crimes in chicago were bought right outside city limits in suburbs that literally touch the city or they blame it on indiana when the majority of guns used in crimes in Chicago were bought in illinois. You see similar shit in NY and NJ where they blame all gun crimes on Pennsylvania and states that I-95 goes through. With the goal of using that to argue that federal gun confiscation needs to happen
>>990815
dems are communists, not kill yourself
>>
>>990478
>I have at least as much if not more freedom of expression than you guys.

The Canadian courts have literally (and I’m not being ironic) stated that you have no freedom of speech, even objectively true facts can be censored by the government for any reason or no reason at all.
>>
>>990228
That's a senator?!?
The outfit makes her look like a clown. All she needs is the red nose, a big flower on her chest that squirts water, and a pair of big floppy shoes and she's all set.
Guess it makes sense though, since DC has turned into one gigantic circus over the last 30 years.
>>
>>990832
To be fair to the bimbo
A. She isn't even in the top 10 of stupidest looking members of congress. There are some old democrat hags with purple hair who look fucking retarded
B. When they did the bullshit lock down shit most of the female members of congress got their hair done against lock down rules because lock down rules are for peasants, not them, but the woman in OP wore this retarded pink or purple wig instead of getting her hair died or cut
>>
>>990228
why can't we make our politicians stand up and speak for what they want. that's what the fillibuster used to be. That guy who pissed in a bucket to say no to black people voting did it. why can't anyone on either side?? pussies!!!
>>
>>991658
Because then literally nothing would ever get done, which is dank as fuck, but doing it this way lets them work on other shit instead of literally wasting the whole session on speeches
>>
>>991658
Because that would mean you would have to put in effort to block bills the other side proposed, and we can't have that.
>>
>>991689
Imagine if instead of blocking every bill the other side proposed they compromised and got stuff done.
>>
>>991690
That would be fucking terrible. Literally everything the dems propose is shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.