[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1642166336651.png (1.81 MB, 1920x1080)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
Michigan’s attorney general is asking federal prosecutors to open a criminal investigation into 16 Republicans who submitted false certificates stating they were the state’s presidential electors despite Joe Biden’s 154,000-vote victory in 2020

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/michigan-ag-asks-feds-investigate-fake-gop-electors-82263515

LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan's attorney general is asking federal prosecutors to open a criminal investigation into 16 Republicans who submitted false certificates stating they were the state's presidential electors despite Joe Biden's 154,000-vote victory in 2020.

Dana Nessel, a Democrat, disclosed Thursday that her office had been evaluating charges for nearly a year but decided to refer the matter to the U.S. attorney in western Michigan.

“Under state law, I think clearly you have forgery of a public record, which is a 14-year offense, and election law forgery, which is a five-year offense," she told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. But the Justice Department, she said, is best suited to probe and potentially prosecute.

The spokesperson for the U.S. attorney’s office declined to comment Friday.

Nessel alleged a “coordinated effort” among Republican parties in several battleground states including Michigan to push so-called alternate slates of electors with fake documents. She said she wants federal authorities to make an evaluation for possible charges.

“Obviously this is part of a much bigger conspiracy,” Nessel said.

American Oversight, a watchdog group, last March obtained certificates submitted by Republicans in seven states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. New Mexico and Pennsylvania Republicans added a caveat saying it was done in case they were later recognized as duly elected, qualified electors.
>>
On Jan. 8, 2021, the Office of the Federal Register — which coordinates certain functions of the Electoral College between states and Congress — notified Michigan's elections director and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's chief lawyer in an email that it received unofficial, signed certificates from GOP electors who had not been appointed by the Democratic governor. The group includes Republican National Committeewoman Kathy Berden and Meshawn Maddock, co-chair of the Michigan Republican Party.

The Michigan GOP had no immediate comment. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment from Berden and Maddock on Friday.

Democratic Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson's office last month gave the email to a U.S. House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

When Michigan's electors cast 16 votes for Biden in December 2020 following the certification of his 2.8 percentage point win, a separate group that included some Republican state House members tried to enter the state Capitol with Donald Trump's Electoral College candidates. They were turned away by state police but claimed in the certificates that they met “in the State Capitol.”

The invalid certificates also were mailed to the U.S. Senate, Benson, and the federal court for western Michigan. Two Republicans did not sign the documents and were replaced.

There are complaints pending in Wisconsin alleging that GOP electors in that swing state committed fraud by submitting the false paperwork. Biden won Wisconsin by just under 21,000 votes, a result that has withstood recounts, lawsuits and investigations into fraud.
>>
Complaints have been filed with the bipartisan Wisconsin Elections Commission and the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office. Neither has announced publicly about any action taken in response. Another complaint against Andrew Hitt, an attorney who was chairman of the Wisconsin Republican Party at the time, has been filed with the agency that handles complaints against lawyers.

In Pennsylvania, Trump electors signed the documents in an office of a Republican marketing consultant two blocks from the state Capitol. The state Republican Party said then that the Trump electors met at the request of the campaign and described it as a “conditional vote."

Bernie Comfort, Trump’s Pennsylvania chairperson, said it was “procedural” in case the election was overturned. She claimed it was “in no way an effort to usurp or contest the will of the Pennsylvania voters,” even though Trump and his allies were pressuring lawmakers and courts at the time to do just that.
>>
Good lord, this is like great Brittain trying to arrest the founders because they signed a protest document on behalf of colonists
These people didn't like having their elections rigged so they formed their own group of electors as a form of protest, and sent off a document that they knew had no legal authority to make a point, and now the Neo-Nazi fascists want to arrest them for this.
>>
The feds should kidnapp the governor..oh wait
>>
>>990197
>Trump group tries and fails in coup plot
>Blame the group that stopped them
What's up with Trump supporters and trying to be fascists? If someone asks 'you want to stage a coup?' You just say no.
>>
>>990191
I like how shitlibs pretend they didn't do the exact same things in 2016. Sad for you it's all archived lol
>>
>>990210
What coup?
>>
>>990213
The trump/MAGA insurrection on Jan 6th.
>>
>>990219
Yeah okay sweetie. That was a mostly peaceful protest
>>
>>990226
Except for the whole coup.
>>
https://www.rawstory.com/will-false-trump-electors-attempt-to-hijack-the-wisconsin-vote-be-punished/
Not even the only state Republicans tried this plan to steal the election.
>>
>>990230
>it was real in my mind
No one is obligated to validate your mental illness
>>
>>990231
To be fair Trump won Wisconsin on
the actual election day. You know the way our elections have been held since the nation's creation.
>>
>>990233
>To be fair Trump won Wisconsin on
>the actual election day
Incorrect. Trump lost there on Election Day.
>>
>>990237
Nope he won. It's all on video
>>
>>990242
Incorrect. Trump lost in a landslide. It’s all on video.
>>
>>990242
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election_in_Wisconsin
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/09/donald-trump/recount-finds-trump-did-not-win-wisconsin-despite-/
https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2021/07/14/data-wonk-trump-country-won-wisconsin-for-biden/
>>
>>990237
>on Election Day.
I could be wrong but I think Wisconsin was one of the states where Trump was in a solid lead until suddenly at 4am entire pallets of mail in votes cast exclusively for Joe Biden were processed
>>
>>990251
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/04/fact-check-no-fraud-wisconsin-overnight-vote-spike/6167188002/
>>
>>990232
Why are you talking about yourself?
>>
>>990251
I am sure you read that on a Facebook meme.
In the real world, Biden won WI on Election Day.
>>
>>990246
>>990247
>>990254
>don't believe your lying eyes
Does this feel like it is working? This tactic of just saying "debunked"? Does joe bibet seem in control right now? Shouting COUNT COUNT COUNT at TV cameras?
>>
>>990251
Look up Red Mirage, it was inevitable because Republicans mandated that mail in votes could not be counted when they came in and they all had to be counted after the polls closed on election day, so they narrative you're saying is what Republicans have been using to try and falsely claim fraud occurred
>>
>>990259
As a resident I know that isn't a fact. It was one of the states that kept "finding votes " 4 days past.
>>
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/trump-overturn-2020-election-fake-electoral-college/index.html
Looks like this was yet another coup plot for Trump to steal the election. Republicans forged electoral certifications in 7 states.
>>
>>990261
>I don't like what the newspapers said so that makes them wrong
No.
>>
>>990254
Kek
They try so hard to tip toe around the fact that a large sum of ballots cast exclusively for Joe Biden were F̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ counted in the middle of the night.
If this were normal would we not see it everywhere, and not just in a small number of key battle ground states?

It's more sensible to cover up the fraud than to admit it because that would cause mayhem across the country
>>
>>990263
But only in 4 states right? Lol
>>
>>990268
They tried to say defund the police was a right wing idea. It's amazing the shit they say
>>
>>990269
Blame the Republicans for mandating that mail in votes couldn't be counted early. Of course it was all part of their plan so Trump could try and declare he won.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/31/red-mirage-trump-election-scenario-victory
>>
>>990266
go ahead and arrest people who formed their own committees out of protest and act like they are bad guys for daring to sign a document in protest of the election fraud.
>>
>>990274
So arrest people who commit sedition?
>>989931
They're working on that right now.
>>
>>990273
>Blame the Republicans
No I blame Democrats for the voting fraud
They put this unverifiable system in place, and then exploited it.
I blame Democrats for that
>>
>>990278
How much are you being paid for this Ivan?
>>
>>990265
Then you “as a resident” don’t know what the facts are.
Know which state took the longest to finalize its count? California. Do you think that is significant? It isn’t.
>>
>>990277
>They're working on that right now.
I have no doubt that's exactly what the fascist left is doing
>>
>>990281
>Fascist
>left
Ah conservatives projecting, again.
A reminder fascism is a conservative and right wing ideology. And conservatives will try and use word play trickery to escape the fact that it's their ideology. And end game for America.
>>
>>990265
>Every vote cast on or before election day is not allowed to count.
Okay rapist judge
>>
>>990273
This isnt working...sorry m8
>>
>>990285
I accept your surrender
>>
>>990283
Well thankfully we going back to the old, proper way. No more fortification thicc mommy cinnamon says you have been naughty with your election fraud
>>
>>990286
Yeah bro those widely discredited opinion articles means you won
>>
>>990282
Ok then Democrats are conservative and right wing then idc
I'm not here to play silly word games with you.
They are fascist, if that makes them conservative and right wing then ok cool
>>
>>990279
Nobody is getting paid for telling the truth i promise you
>>
>>990194
There's so much mental gymnastics in this post I can barely even read it.
>>
>>990291
>Widely
Your mind doesn't count
>>
>>990297
The left was always cheapskates when it came to getting the facts out.
Meanwhile the right wing plays top dollar to spread their lies.
>>
>>990303
"Democrats bring library books to a knife fight"
--carlos danger
>>
>>990288
>election fraud
You mean what the Republicans and Trump committed?
https://www.wxii12.com/article/north-carolina-9th-congressional-ballot-fraud-guilty/36792217
>>
>>990295
Actually thanks to Democrats constantly moving rightward and Republicans matching them by moving even further to the right starting in the 1990s. America has a right wing and fringe right wing party now.
Don't forget, Obamacare, that super evil communist system, was originally the Republican plan for healthcare in the 1990s.
>>
>>990315
I would call Dems slightly left of center. Republicans are further right than any European party that holds a single seat anyway where.
>>
>>990329
Realistically, democrats govern center right under the impression that the left will vote for them regardless because they don't have any other mainstream candidate.
This is going to blow up in the faces hard again just like it did in 2009 after they pandered hard to the right instead of pushing leftward.
>>
>>990341
Things “blew up” in 2010 when a bunch of buthurt white boomers realized the man in the White House was black.
>>
>>990343
Yes, republicans openly embracing racism helped rejuvenate the party after their economic policies crippled them.
But Obama going to the right and allow the conservatives to gut any meaningful policy suppressed the democratic vote.
We're going to see the same thing this midterm, only this time Republicans have fully weaponized gerrymandering, jim crow laws and committing fraud.
>>
>>990285
Youre getting even more desperate, schizo
>it's not working!! Please, stop, im begging you!!!
Trump lost lol
>>
>>990278
>Republicans believe whatever their con artist masters tell them to believe
It's so pathetic. Grow a spine, and learn to recognize when you're being conned.
>>
>>990268
>Republicans still don't need proof to believe the lies of a proven pathological liar
It makes sense they all the idiots would be on one side of the political spectrum, you'd have to have brain damage to be a republican
>>
Once again republicans are confirmed to be the fraud.
>>
>>990189
once again, the only fraud relating to the election comes from Republicans
>>
>>990274
>we committed real fraud to protest fake fraud that we made up
I'm sure that'll hold up in court
>>
>>990233
Elections took weeks to count votes. your short term gold fish memory is fried from internet age dopamine hits and thought same day counting was expected.
>>
>>990233
>Trump had more votes before very vote that was cast before or on election day was counted.
Fixed.
Trump lost Wisconsin because he failed in his voter suppression and election fraud plots.
>>
>>990597
This, we even have proof of Trumps attempted fraud too.
>>989267
>>
>>990600
And yet the Republicans will just use this as an excuse to slam through their jim crow law.
>>989492
>>
>>990251
Trump lost on Election Day when the ballots were cast, it only took a few days for the votes to be tallied and that result to be found. Congratulations, you now understand how time works.
>>
>>990268
>If this were normal would we not see it everywhere, and not just in a small number of key battle ground states?
We literally do see it everywhere, you just only hear about when it happens in swing states because absolutely no-one cares about observing California or Oklahoma or the other 80% of uncompetitive states since they're a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>990687
This.
>>
>>990687
This, California took several weeks to count all their votes and Republicans didn't cry bloody murder since the electoral votes were going to Biden day one.
>>
Exactly
>>
>>991351
The fact this was a coordinated effort among Republicans in 7 states Biden won shows this is yet another part of Trump's coup against the US a smoking gun for mass election fraud by Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/trump-overturn-2020-election-fake-electoral-college/index.html
>>
>>991354
Do even you believe this shit while you talk to yourself about it all day?
>>
>>991384
I am curious if conspiracy looms really believe the stuff they spew.
Like the whole pew tape thing. First, I don’t give a shit what you do in your bedroom (outside of pedo). If you get off swinging from the rafters peeing everywhere, well good for you. Second, if there is no evidence then it just sounds like something made up on /pol/.
Then there is the other side which believes, with zero evidence, there was a cross state conspiracy with thousands if not millions of people (who managed to keep quite) to “rig” an election against a wildly unpopular politician. This would require a highly trained successful crew who while pulling this off they forgot to rig the house and senate both federally or at the local level.

How you go about your day believing any of this is beyond me.
>>
>>991568
The real question is, if they could pull this while Repubs still controlled at least half the government, why the fuck didn't they just rig it so Trump never got elected in the first place?
>>
>>991569
Why they didn't bother to rig the down ballot elections where the Dems lost seats in the house is the most interesting question to me that voter fraud cultists never seem to have an answer to, especially given that the house and the senate are arguably even more important than the presidency.
>>
>>991573
Hell, if they were capable of doing this at such a level, why would these so called "obvious signs" be visible in the first place? If they're that capable surely they could just fake it in a more subtle way.

I love conspiracy theories that are full of holes when you consider how unrealistically powerful the same body would have to be to pull it off. Like how Russia would've immediately called bullshit if we faked the moon landing.
>>
>>991573
Republicans here are pushing the fascists playbook where their enemy, the democrats, are both all powerful, rig elections, but also totally helpless, they lost a good chunk of elections.
>>
>>991574
>I love conspiracy theories that are full of holes when you consider how unrealistically powerful the same body would have to be to pull it off
Not just unrealistically powerful but also completely incompetent at the same time. Their messaging completely flip-flops depending how politically convenient it is. Conservatives will spend all day screeching about how Democrat are incompetent morons whose cities are crumbling and full of crime and how Biden doesn't know where he is and his dementia then in the same exact breath turn around and accuse these same people of masterminding the most intricately coordinated criminal conspiracy in the history of humanity that required them to threaten/manipulate/control thousands of politicians, judges and election officials. "The enemy is both strong and weak" is, after all, one of the main tenants of fascism. Can't have successful conservative populism unless your opposition is an infinitely amorphous shcroedinger's liberal that is both big and little and smart and dumb and dangerous and harmless all at the same time.
>>
>>991581
>shcroedinger's liberal that is both big and little and smart and dumb and dangerous and harmless all at the same time.
Very well put. That leads me back to my original though. Do they really believe what they spout? It’s hard to wrap your mind around.
Same with any conspiracy theory. Do flat earthers really believe that shit or are they just losers mouthing known bullshit so they can find a community that accepts them?
>>
>>991585
>Do they really believe what they spout? It’s hard to wrap your mind around.
I think they have to. At this point this ideology has become such an integral part of their foundational beliefs that accepting they were wrong now would send them into an existential crisis they're not prepared to engage with. I mean, what would you do if you woke up one day and realized that your entire cognitive process, the way that your brain uses to arrive at truth, was completely wrong? What if you realized that everything you thought you knew about yourself and the values you held onto weren't real? I think this is where voter fraud cultists are at this point. They're in too deep. It reminds me of The Matrix. You can't free a mind after it reaches a certain age. Its been their reality for too long. They just aren't able to let go.

>Same with any conspiracy theory. Do flat earthers really believe that shit or are they just losers mouthing known bullshit so they can find a community that accepts them?
I read something interesting lately that conspiracy theorists have a much higher correlation with a general mistrust for authority than low intelligence. I think that for people who find themselves in a position of being the undesirable "other" there are two options - either accept your position as a social pariah or dig your feet in and turn it into a point of pride. You can either be ashamed of being lesser than or build a reality in which YOU are at the top of the mountain and everyone else is the pariah. This is why flat earthers are so confident in calling other people "globetards". They have to be the superior ones in their world view. Its the only way to cope with the social exclusion.
>>
You do know people can see the poster count go nowhere when you keep talking to yourself even more right?
>>
>>991594
When two people have a conversation the poster count does not go up dumb dumb.
>>
>>991590
Yeah, there was some documentary on the flat earthers a few years ago. They carried out a series of experiments to prove the earth was flat. Naturally the experiments showed they were wrong every time. They reacted with confusion then figured out some way or another to justify the results. Solar radiation or something.
>>
>>991604
Yeah its pretty wild. I think my personal opinion is that it isn't the specific facts that they need to believe are true. What they need to believe is true is that the way they've approached the world and their relation to it has to be true. Admitting that maybe the earth isn't flat or that the election wasn't stolen isn't like admitting that you've done a math equation wrong. Its admitting that your entire understanding of math as a concept is wrong. Its admitting that everyone who has ever called you a dipshit or a cultist or a mindless drone has been correct. It seems like its too much for most people.
>>
>>990189
>Michigan AG asks feds to investigate fake Republican electors who tried to steal election

If elections are to be fixed and this country to exist much longer without breaking up and Balkanizing, there needs to be completely transparent elections.

Voter registrar roles should be open to the public, and how everyone voted is also open to the public.

People should be able to type a random name or address in a website and know exactly who voted at that address and how they voted.

ONLY then will elections be "secure and transparent".

Secret ballot elections are ridiculous and only exist to cause fraud and steal elections.
>>
>>991640
>We should turn our voting system into a tracking tool for McCarthy style political targeting in order to fix a problem that nobody can prove even exists!

Yeah. No.
>>
>>991645
This.
>>
>>991645
But it's what Republicans and Trump demand.
Look at how they tried to politicize the census.
>>
>>991895
>Don't count nonresident aliens for census purposes (state population representation)
>Political
>>
>>991897
>"Hey, how many people are inside that house?"
>"Only 5."
>*goes inside the house*
>"Why did you tell me there were 5 people in here? I count 8"
>"Oh. 3 of them aren't supposed to be in there so we just don't count them. "

Explain to me how this makes any sense.
>>
>>991897
>I want to do away with the constitution.
Every now-fascist’s dream.
>>
>>991968
>everyone who doesn’t agree with me is a fascist
>>
>>991968
This, if it interferes with Trump's supposed power they want to burn it.
>>
>>991977
>EvErYonE who diSaGrEES wiTH mE
No retard. Doing away with the constitution is a basic fascist position.
>>
Don't care. Still voting Republican across the board until all the "progressives" are voted the fuck out.
>>
I likewise will vote for the retarded Dems until the MAGA insurrectionists are purged from the GOP or it does.
>>
>>992014
Oh and now I live in a swing state.
>>
>>991897
>Ignore what the constitution says so you can do a power grab
Okay fascist. And yes, you are one, this is objective fact.
>>
>>990189
>97 replies
>18 posters

Are there seriously no mods on this board?
>>
>>990189
The coup was by the big tech 1% and Democrats in a few cities.

Only a few counties in a few swing states had to be stolen to pull it off.

What a coincidence, every swing state didn’t report the results that night or even a week later!

Anyone remember the vote spikes at 4-5am? After the election officials had gone home?

Anyone remember the windows being covered up to prevent election officials from watching the counting?

Remember how the media didn’t cover the fraud lawsuits?

Remember how tech platforms banned people who talked about it.

Anyone notice how there was never any audits of the results reported.

Notice how 1/6 stopped RINOs in their tracks from daring to talk about the fraud? It was all a big false flag planned event.

This was a coup by the Democrats!
>>
>>992042
>Conversations are not allowed
>>
This board is an amazing breath of fresh air after being on /pol/ for 2 years. I love you /news/
>>
>>992068
Frankly /pol/ should never have existed.
>>
>>992042
This is a leftyshill containment board, hence why images are so heavily regulated

>>992065
>>992068
>>992122
>r*ddit
>>
>>992129
>He says while being from reddit.
>>
>>992130
>leftyshill spotted
>>
>>992131
>Assblasted MAGAt traitor from reddit detected.
>>
>>990211
2016 was stolen from Hilly
eat shit and die, deplorable
>>
>>992182
This

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.