[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


[Advertise on 4chan]


https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/589280-biden-calls-jan-6-riot-an-attempted-coup

President Biden on Tuesday described the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of Trump supporters as an attempted “coup.”

“The violent mob of January 6, 2021, empowered and encouraged by a defeated former president, sought to win through violence what he had lost at the ballot box,” Biden said during a speech in Atlanta pushing for the passage of voting rights legislation. “To impose the will of the mob, to overturn free and fair election, and for the first time, the first time in American history, to stop the peaceful transfer of power. They failed, they failed, but democracy’s victory was not certain nor is democracy’s future.”

“That’s why we’re here today: to stand against the forces in America that value power over principle, forces that attempted a coup, a coup against the legally expressed will of the American people by sowing doubt, inventing charges of fraud and seeking to steal the 2020 election from the people,” he continued. “They want chaos to reign. We want the people to rule.”

The speech came on the heels of Biden’s forceful address marking the one-year anniversary of the Jan. 6 attack last week. Tuesday’s speech appears to be the first instance of the president using the word “coup” to describe the attack, which he called an “armed insurrection” last week.
>>
Others like Fiona Hill, a former Trump White House national security official who testified during his first impeachment, have similarly accused Trump and his allies of trying to stage a “coup,” or a violent overthrow of government.

Biden on Tuesday argued for passing the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act to counteract restrictive voting laws being imposed by GOP-controlled legislatures across the country. He endorsed changes to the legislative filibuster in order to pass the bills.

The speech was the latest instance of Biden employing fiery rhetoric to push back against Trump, who he referred to repeatedly as the “defeated former president,” and his role in the Jan. 6 riot.
>>
>it was a coup, in my mind


Dems are pretty bad at reading the room, lol holy fuck
>>
>>989003
FBI already debunked the coup narrative, someone take Brandon by his senile hand and put him back in the bunker
>>
>>989040
This is the only schtick they have going into the midterms. They're fucked and they know it.
>>
>>989066
You already forgotten about all the stimulus they've handed out.
>>
>>989065
>The FBI debunked the coup narrative
No they did not.
>>
>>989069
Your right.
They just denied it
>>
>>989071
Wrong, they didn't take it seriously until it was too late.
https://www.npr.org/2021/11/04/1052320491/investigation-finds-federal-agencies-dismissed-threats-ahead-of-the-jan-6-attack
>>
>>989068
>You already forgotten about all the stimulus they've handed out.
What stimulus?

>>989069
>No they did not.
Yes they did
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/
>The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

>>989073
>Wrong, they didn't take it seriously until it was too late.
Oh no, a bunch of boomers walked in between the velvet ropes! OH NO!
>>
>>989082
>Oh no, a bunch of boomers walked in between the velvet ropes! OH NO!
cant gaslight your way out of this

https://youtu.be/DXnHIJkZZAs?t=70
>>
>>989068
Faggot biden still owes me $2000. Maybe I can beat the money out of his Crackhead son
>>
>>989082
>Found scant evidence
>Just ignore the fact that they all arrived at DC on the date Trump told them to arrive and attacked the capitol on his order
>>
>>989140
>it was real in my mind

No one takes you shitlibs seriously. Even Actual leftist are mocking you retards
>>
>>989144
>doesn't know
>>
>>989140
every BLM protest is an organized terrorist attack then by ur definition. LOCK EM ALL UP.
>>
">Just ignore the fact that they all arrived at DC on the date Trump told them to arrive and attacked the capitol on his order."

On his order huh? You mean the order when he said, "We'll be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," ? In your deranged, Leftist retard-think, what you actually hear is, "We will march over to the Capital building, break into the building, and overthrow the government."

The Matrix has you, you fucking asshole retard Leftist.
>>
>>989198
Funny I remember them saying for the weeks prior how they were gonna "fight for America" and Giulianni saying at that same rally that they had to do "trial by combat".
>>
>>989140
>a protest scheduled ahead of time is evidence of a coup
Remember kids when you want to kill congress and take over America be sure to give them a heads-up. It's only fair.
>>
>>989208
Here we go again with this conversation. Maxine Waters told BLM to be more confrontational and stay in the streets if they don't get a guilty verdict and your leftist excuse on /news/ - I swear to God - was that she wasn't as popular as Trump so it doesn't count.
>>
>>989216
The people you argue with are disingenuous.
They won't ever even admit it was Democrats promoting defund the police
>>
>>989223
They won't admit it because it wasn't.
>>
>>989216
The difference is Maxine Waters doesn't have a cult of followers.
>>
>>989302
I bet that will hold up good in court
"Your honor, her calls to violence are no biggie cause she isn't a cult leader"
Reddit law not even once
>>
>>989302
How retarded do you have to be to use the same bullshit argument !!!AFTER!!! said bullshit argument was already called out?
>>
>>989300
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/05/politics/defund-the-police-democrats/index.html
>>
>>989300
Wow your a retard
>>
>>989215
>Protest
>Come to 'protest' with weapons, body armor and several militias that got tours of the capitol ahead of time by traitors so they'd know exactly where to attack.
>>
>>989140
>on the date of the certifying of the election
>they actually stopped the certification process
As well as literally thousands of treasonoua social media posts proclaiming their intent and egging the coup attempt on.
>>
>>989208
fucking a
>>
>>989216
The difference is that advocating violence =/= treason
>>
>>989424
>treason
You keep using that word, I don’t think you know what it means
>>
>>989425
>noun: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
>>
>>989426
> Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason
I didn’t say any attempts at war or aid and comfort to hostile foreign troops
>>
>>989427
See*
This is what I get for phoneposting
>>
>>989427
>levies war against them
Congress was attacked.
Congress is elected by the people, and is the lawful government of the United States. Congress was attacked and prevented from certifying the Presidential election. Armed members of the mob that attacked Congress were openly searching for the Vice President of the United States with the express purpose of killing him. Others defaced and destroyed parts of the building.
This was an act of war against the United States of America by people who owe allegiance: i.e. American citizens.
This was treason.
>>
>>989429
>This was treason.
Not by US law Chang/Ivan
>>
>>989419
>Come to 'protest' with weapons
bear spray and flag poles
> body armor
more lies. load bearing vests are not body armor for the 9001th time
>several militias that got tours of the capitol ahead of time by traitors so they'd know exactly where to attack.
At least this is a new one. 5 points for creativity.
>>
>>989429
>This was an act of war against the United States of America by people who owe allegiance: i.e. American citizens.
>This was treason.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funniest post on the chans today!
>>
>>989429
>Congress is elected by the people
.........stopped reading right there, since we all know that is "mostly false" now with stolen elections. It was just fact checked.
>>
>>989433
>Weapons, body armor and ignoring the facts.
Typical cope apologist.
>>
>>989424
I didn't know advocating peaceful protest was treason. If you actually think that though it explains a great deal.
>>
>>989429
A stolen election is far more treasonous and serious than this lame response to it. Remember this hasn’t been discussed, dealt with, or fixed in any way by our leaders. They are happy just stealing elections and then gaslighting people about it.
>>
>>989495
Prove there was body armor.
>>
This shit happened over a year ago, how are they still churning out articles everyday about this when there hasn't even been any new developments?
>>
>>989082
>The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.
If you're someone who lives in reality, this means it was not an organized plot. It does not mean it was not a coup. A mob attacking the national legislation with intent of keeping their preferred presidential candidate in power is by definition a coup attempt.
>>
>>989541
>this means it was not an organized plot. It does not mean it was not a coup
Coup's are organized plots. No organized plot= no coup.

You may now continue to cope.
>>
>>989544
>in my opinion....
Nobody cares about your opinion. >>989541 Is correct.
>>
>>989586
Show where in that post it says "in my opinion", cause it doesn't

Coups are organized events. Angry mobs are not coups. Cope.
>>
>>989066
>blue anti-white zionism will be replaced by red anti-white zionism
what an exiting system you americans have
>>
>>989429
>Congress was attacked.
kek
"muh institutionz!"
"muh demi-god politicians peed their pants over old ladies walking around with flags!"
>>
>>989495
I'm sorry you got really fucking quiet again faggot. PROVE THERE WAS BODY ARMOR.
>>
>>989589
most of the arab spring and color revolutions were a bunch of disorganized angry mobs who then successfully overthrew the government
>>
>>989701
>>Congress was attacked.
>kek
>"muh institutionz!"
>"muh demi-god politicians peed their pants over old ladies walking around with flags!"

Kek That little old lady is a hoot! Such a sweet looking little old cookie making granny. Democrats be like, "muh terrorist! muh insurrectionist!" when they look at her.
>>
>>989509
>>989788
Look at the inserts, not the attachments.
>>
>>989940
Yeah guess what I don't see... plates. No body armor you lying faggot leftist.
>>
>>989003
they were so close to getting him back in office!!!
>>
>>989589
>in my opinion
Once again. Your opinions are not facts.
>>
>>989519
>This shit happened over a year ago, how are they still churning out articles everyday about this when there hasn't even been any new developments?
This aged poorly.
>>
>>989944
>I
Not that anon, but you could clearly see some of the insurrections wearing plate carriers.
>>
>>990293
With plates in them? What next are you going to tell me everyone inside the Capitol was concealed carrying?
>>
>>989003
Ah yes, the 5-man riot rampage COUP Covid-19 super spreaders

vs

the mostly peaceful but fiery, pandemic-stopping, peaceful looting protesters
>>
>>990320
>>989944
>>989509

When you woke up this morning did you ever anticipate you would be invest so much energy into dying on such a ridiculous hill? What miraculous difference does it make if the rioters who stormed the capitol to stop the democratic process had plates in their carrier or not? What big point do you think you're making here?
>>
>>990320
>With plates in them?
I invaded a country and did not have plates for my vest. I guess it wasn’t an invasion.
>>
>>990357
>What miraculous difference does it make if the rioters who stormed the capitol to stop the democratic process had plates in their carrier or not? What big point do you think you're making here?
The point is to call out lies from the left because they do this everyday. Plate carriers, military gear, military tactics, tactical coordination on facebook, tactical weapons that aren't firearms, tactical zip-ties and flag poles, and on and on and on. I wouldn't die on this hill if the left could just be honest for five seconds.

>>990372
That's because you were a POG and don't need plates to push paperwork.
>>
>>990387
>The point is to call out lies from the left because they do this everyday
Ok. I can meet you halfway. The vast vast majority of people on January 6th did not come dressed in tactical gear. I've read and seen that very small handfuls of individuals had a coordinated plan but the characterization that most of the rioters were an organized military squad with full gear isn't accurate. That being said, I'm curious if this position of yours is consistent. How do you feel when conservatives call Jan 6th "a bunch of boomers taking selfies" or make the claim that police officers gladly just let rioters into the buildings? How do you feel when some people make the claim that it wasn't Trump supporters but actually ANTIFA dressed as Trump supporters that did all of the rioting? Are you also critical of these falsehoods?
>>
>>990387
>That's because you were a POG and don't need plates to push paperwork
Nope.
Combat arms PL son for OIF. FHTX CIF just sucked. I got two whole sets of mismatched DCUs too.
My second tour was as a staff POG. My third was a company commander.
>>
>>989424
>your honor she was merely advocating for terrorism against american citizens on american soil, that ain't that bad, right?
>>
>>989426
>especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
what a dogshit definition
>>
>>990320
Yes, it's piss easy to tell when someone has plate inserts. Just because you're just lying, doesn't mean you can gaslight people's eyes.
Example, the plate carrier the guy in the beard not only has a plate carrier the bulk shows he's wearing a plate and it's not empty. Also he doesn't have any attachments or accessories meaning the sole purpose is to be body armor
https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/news/local/sarasota/2021/02/22/sarasota-county-oath-keeper-arrested-connection-capitol-riots-englewood-florida-man/4539139001/
>>
>>990407
not him, but the goalposts moved very quickly from
>it was an armed coup attempt, to kill politicians
to
>that one guy had plates in his carrier (probably in case the local nigpigs were to chimp out, which they did)
>>
>>990422
Sad strawman, apply yourself.
>>
>>990394
>I've read and seen that very small handfuls of individuals had a coordinated plan but the characterization that most of the rioters were an organized military squad with full gear isn't accurate.
Thank you. Finally one person who isn't calling the entire mass of people insurrectionists.
>How do you feel when conservatives call Jan 6th "a bunch of boomers taking selfies" or make the claim that police officers gladly just let rioters into the buildings?
It was a pissed off mob of people that pushed into the building and were fighting with cops. A riot. I'm sure there were one or two nutjobs in an estimated 30,000 people, but the majority of them were just retards caught up in the moment. There was no elaborate conspiracy to overthrow the government. I've said this at least 20 times - what was the plan? Worst case they could have killed everyone in congress and the country would just put in place the next person in line to take that position.
>How do you feel when some people make the claim that it wasn't Trump supporters but actually ANTIFA dressed as Trump supporters that did all of the rioting?
It's bullshit. There may have been one or two instigators but everyone of them got caught up in the moment and didn't think. I'm actually embarrassed for the right, before 1/6 there was no antifa-like behavior from the right. Even when they were protesting in Michigan with AR-15s and full battle-rattle nobody damaged any property or assaulted a cop. Then the guys at 1/6 fucked our record up. By all means throw them in jail, but stop calling 600+ arrested people insurrectionists.
>Are you also critical of these falsehoods?
The hill I'm dying on is that it wasn't a coup. At best you might of had some lone-wolf who might of tried something, but coordinating an estimated 30,000 people (that's what the permit was for) to take over the government and nobody knew about it until it happened, I'm very skeptical.
>>
>>990407
The zip-tie guy /news/ was whinging about had a load-bearing vest on but no ammunition, no magazines, and used one of the pouches to hold his sunglasses. Just because you have a bunch of larpers who bought airsoft parts on Amazon doesn't mean they're decked out in tactical military gear. Until you actually prove that those were legit plates I'm filing it under the same bullshit that everyone inside the Capitol had a gun.
>>
>>989003
Bears repeating from an anon.

The coup was by the big tech 1% and Democrats in a few cities.

Only a few counties in a few swing states had to be stolen to pull it off.

What a coincidence, every swing state didn’t report the results that night or even a week later!

Anyone remember the vote spikes at 4-5am? After the election officials had gone home?

Anyone remember the windows being covered up to prevent election officials from watching the counting?

Remember how the media didn’t cover the fraud lawsuits?

Remember how tech platforms banned people who talked about it.

Anyone notice how there was never any audits of the results reported.

Notice how 1/6 stopped RINOs in their tracks from daring to talk about the fraud? It was all a big false flag planned event.

This was a coup by the Democrats!
>>
>>990430
OK cool. You haven't said anything I necessarily disagree with. I guess I focused on the whole plate vs. no plate argument because it seemed pretty irrelevant to the larger one. I largely think that the "insurrection" and "coup" arguments are rather semantically useless. I don't like to use the word coup because it implies a certain level of intentionality that I don't think the riot met. I think the way we use the word coup implies a certain amount of coordination and, clearly, in its totality, this riot wasn't very coordinated. I also don't use the word insurrectionists because I see compelling arguments both for and against its use and I personally don't need it to accurately described the events of that day. Its not a hill I'm willing to die on. I think you're pretty well reasoned and consistent. I'm a progressive myself but I'm willing to call out lies when I see them regardless of what side they're coming from. Its refreshing to see someone else willing to do the same.
>>
>>990456
>I guess I focused on the whole plate vs. no plate argument because it seemed pretty irrelevant to the larger one.
It goes towards intent. If this was a serious coup attempt on the United States at the very least you would of had a large number of people with AR-15s and ammunition on them, in the building, shooting at cops and congress. Since that clearly didn't happen (and we have to split hairs on the two people who were outside concealed carrying who never once brandished) the other side has to make flag poles, bear spray, and zip-ties weapons of war. They also have to throw in the gear they were wearing as "military issue tactical body armor" and even the simple act of walking in a straight line a "military tactic known as a ranger file" to "tactically breach the interior of the building". These are actual arguments being made on /news/ everyday to push the narrative that everyone at the event made a serious effort to destroy democracy and this was "worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor". This is why we have such a multi-post debate over irrelevant issues as to what they were wearing that day, because motherfuckers will take the smallest detail and blow it up into a grand conspiracy to install a dictatorship in one day.
>>
>>990440
>load-bearing vest
This is a total lie, he was wearing a Crye Precision, or Crye knock off, both of which are plate carriers. A load-bearing vest would not have the hexagon shape of a plate you can clearly see under all his tacticool stuff.
>>
>>990476
>motherfuckers will take the smallest detail and blow it up into a grand conspiracy to install a dictatorship in one day.
Literally exactly what the insurrectionists were attempting to do on J6.
>>
>>990476
>If this was a serious coup attempt on the United States at the very least you would of had a large number of people with AR-15s and ammunition on them, in the building, shooting at cops and congress.
I would tend to agree but its also hard to frame our perception of the events in hypotheticals. For example, if some of these unarmed rioters had actually gotten a hold of and injured or killed lawmakers I don't think their lack of firearms would have any bearing on their intent.

>They also have to throw in the gear they were wearing as "military issue tactical body armor" and even the simple act of walking in a straight line a "military tactic known as a ranger file" to "tactically breach the interior of the building"
I agree. I wouldn't agree with this framing at all. I don't think most people know what "tactical" really means or knows that you can buy Chinese made "tactical" shit off of Amazon.

>These are actual arguments being made on /news/ everyday to push the narrative that everyone at the event made a serious effort to destroy democracy and this was "worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor"
I'll be a fence sitter on this one and say I understand both sides a little. I think Trump supporters general ideological goals were clearly for Trump to remain president. That being said, I think this event was a violent explosion of that fear and anger rather than some coordinated coup.

>This is why we have such a multi-post debate over irrelevant issues as to what they were wearing that day
I suppose I agree. This kind of gaslighting happens on both sides pretty frequently. Most people have a deep ideological investment in this event and can't see past wanting their side to look better than the other to be honest about the facts.
>>
>>990489
>I think this event was a violent explosion of that fear and anger rather than some coordinated coup
Maybe. It is also possible that inspiring a mob to violence was part of some plan. Getting an already incensed mob pointed at a target turns normal people who did not intend to be violent into weapons. It’s part of group dynamics.
>>
>>990489
>if if if if if if if
had that been a coup, you would have seen armed and organized hit-squads moving up and down, seizing objectives, taking hostages, killing targets. none of this happened in the real world, no matter what CNN tells you
otherwise good points
>>
>>990506
>in my opinion of what a coup would “look like”
Your cope is not reality.
>>
>>990456
>I guess I focused on the whole plate vs. no plate argument because it seemed pretty irrelevant to the larger one.
It's because the coup apologists are looking for any angle to try and say it's not a coup and then hang onto for dear life.
For months they claimed there were no guns at the coup and cited a non-existent rule that you need guns to stage a coup. Then someone was charged for having a gun so now they've pivoted towards the fact insurrectionists had body armor by pushing the lie it wasn't really body armor so they can then claim everything else is invalid.
It's insidious propaganda at work, but it fails because the facts are not on their side. The only question is what will they fall back on given their claim the insurrectionists didn't have body armor was rebuked. They'll probably just go back to claiming you need the military to do it. And Trump's people had plans to use the national guard to take part in the coup, and Trump wanted the national guard to protect the insurrectionists.

BTW, The Zip Tie guy's capture/kill team, yes, it was a capture/kill team since you don't enter the capitol with zip ties and military gear unless you're looking to take hostages or execute people, had a retired Air Force Colonel who was photographed with zip ties as well, and he was wearing his own plate carrier and a tactical helmet. I can't ID the brand, maybe delta, but it's definitely a IIIA armor that would protect your skull from pistol rounds or a rubber bullet.
>>
>>990489
>For example, if some of these unarmed rioters had actually gotten a hold of and injured or killed lawmakers
It would make them murderers, not legionaries of Julius Caesar. Once again in the worst case everyone could have died and our country would still function. There would have been a huge backlash against Republicans nation and worldwide. Nobody would defend those actions and there would have been a huge split in the Republican party.

Another thing I forgot to add in my last post is one of the pro-this-was-a-coup arguments brought forward is that the "insurrectionists" didn't bring guns because they wouldn't be able to sneak AR-15s to the Capitol. All that military gear and nobody thought to bring a backpack.

>I'll be a fence sitter on this one and say I understand both sides a little. I think Trump supporters general ideological goals were clearly for Trump to remain president.
Which would not of happened even if this "coup" was successful. Had the crowd got to Congress, any decision made while being held hostage would be under duress and not legally binding. Even if Trump somehow stayed in he would have to spend the next four years justifying the legitimacy of his term and doing damage control.

What bothers me the most is the line being parroted by democrats, including Kamala, that this was worse than 9/11. I think this is a ridiculous claim. What about you?
>>
>>990511
lol see what I fucking mean?
> because motherfuckers will take the smallest detail and blow it up into a grand conspiracy to install a dictatorship in one day.
>It's because the coup apologists are looking for any angle to try and say it's not a coup and then hang onto for dear life.
Like pottery.

>For months they claimed there were no guns at the coup
Seeing as you can't find a single picture of anyone inside or out who was armed, brandishing, threatening or shooting...
>and cited a non-existent rule that you need guns to stage a coup.
To be fair I can't think of a single coup in the last century that didn't have them.
>Then someone was charged for having a gun
And here's where we split hairs.
>so now they've pivoted towards the fact insurrectionists had body armor by pushing the lie it wasn't really body armor so they can then claim everything else is invalid.
Your side keeps pushing that they had military issue tactical gear to support their coup attempt. I think we covered this already.

>BTW, The Zip Tie guy's capture/kill team, yes, it was a capture/kill team
Kill with what? One of them had a tazer in his holster. Was he going to shock congress to death?
>you don't enter the capitol with zip ties and military gear
Again with the military gear.
> had a retired Air Force Colonel who was photographed with zip ties as well, and he was wearing his own plate carrier and a tactical helmet.
Oh I remember this guy. We looked his gear up - it was shitty knockoff airsoft with a PJ replica helmet.
https://www.amazon.com/Anyoupin-Tactical-Paintball-Airsoft-Military/dp/B09JYYFSVK/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=army%2Bhelmet&qid=1639419216&sr=8-7&th=1&psc=1
>I can't ID the brand, maybe delta
Fucking kek!
>>
>>990512
>Once again in the worst case everyone could have died and our country would still function. There would have been a huge backlash against Republicans nation and worldwide.
If even a handful had been killed this would have happened. Eugene Goodman Saved the Republican Party.
>>
>>990518
Let's list what the coup apologist is doing.
>Moving of goalposts
>In my opinion of what a coup would “look like”
>Being a weasel by using he word 'military issue tactical gear' to try and have implication.
>Trying to pretend something was refuted when it clearly wasn't.
>Trying to imply they didn't have any weapons that could kill
>Now outright ignoring they were wearing body armor
>Trying to gaslight and pretend a vet, a colonel no less, would use a paintball helmet when he had a plate carrier.
>Tried to push this after he was caught lying about the zip tie guy's plate carrier by claiming it was a load-bearing vest.
Yawn.
>>
>>990525
Also they just tipped their hand. They're just going to go from claiming they were wearing load-bearing vest to admitting they're plate carriers, but they're paintball airshit knock offs.
>>
>>990525
>Trying to gaslight and pretend a vet, a colonel no less, would use a paintball helmet when he had a plate carrier.
Oh I wasn't aware you could just keep shit issued to you! Fuck me, why didn't you say something sooner? I would of loved to have a free gasmask and ruck. And that cold weather gear would of rocked for snowboarding. Damn that colonel got one hell of a crack deal.
>>
>>990526
>Also they just tipped their hand. They're just going to go from claiming they were wearing load-bearing vest to admitting they're plate carriers
Where did I say that?
>>
We must not underestimate the low intelligence of Americans, where over 50% of adults believe in Creationism (pseudoscience) rather than evolution theory(science).
Mr. Trump, a narcissistic personality disorder & diet cola addict, is just a symbol of Americans who are arrogant, selfish, rude, unwise, smug, defiant, optimistic, ingenuous, uneducated, impulsive, and shortsighted.
His supporters, who have low objective self-awareness and are easily deceived by conspiracy theories and fake and have a poor judge of character, are also victims of inadequate low-level education.
What they need is NOT punishment, exclusion, criticism or neglect, i.e., HATRED, BUT media/science literacy, logical thinking, problem-solving ability, treatment of delusional personality disorder by psychotherapy/counseling, i.e., LOVE.
Thanks to the political amateur Trump administration, American education system has proved to be still immature. Now is the time to save America and make America great again for real.

"Emotions Self-Responsibility Theory"
>>
>>990512
>It would make them murderers, not legionaries of Julius Caesar. Once again in the worst case everyone could have died and our country would still function.
I'm not making the argument that they would be legionaries. I used my example to make the argument that hypotheticals don't really help us frame the events accurately, especially their intent. We can all take guesses at what steps they might have taken if they were planning a "serious coup" but ultimately I don't find it really helpful, especially seeing as how I don't see Trump supporters as a monolith. Clearly there were varying levels of fanaticism at this event.

>Which would not of happened even if this "coup" was successful.
I'll rephrase - the general ideological goals of Trump supporters at that time were for Trump to remain president regardless of 1/6. I think they would still hold this opinion even if 1/6 never happened. I'm not using 1/6 as the foundational argument for Trump supporters wanting to overturn democracy. What I'm saying is that I don't think 1/6 was their grand plan to keep him in office. I think 1/6 was a perfect storm of pro-Trump gasoline and voter fraud misinformation matches.

>What bothers me the most is the line being parroted by democrats, including Kamala, that this was worse than 9/11. I think this is a ridiculous claim. What about you?
I read the Kamala speech. I think her invoking Pearl Harbor and 9/11 and comparing the events as "days that our democracy was under attack" was a pretty slimy and she shouldn't of done it but she never said it was WORSE than 9/11. I don't know how that talking point became popular and circulated around but that's not what was said. I haven't heard any Democrats saying this. Regardless, of course, comparing these two things is still really bad, even if she didn't say one was worse than the other.
>>
>>990527
>Implying you can't just buy one yourself and people will fall for the strawman that body armor is all government issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284564262188
Also, someone wasn't old enough to remember when the Republicans forced the soldiers to buy their own body armor when they were being used as mercenaries for big oil and Bush.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-iraq-bound-gis-buy-own-armor/

>>990529
Called it, now you're just pretending you weren't going to try and claim that. But give it time, you'll try an d make that claim.
>>
>>990534
>What I'm saying is that I don't think 1/6 was their grand plan to keep him in office. I think 1/6 was a perfect storm of pro-Trump gasoline and voter fraud misinformation matches.
I agree.

>she never said it was WORSE than 9/11.
My mistake. She hasn't said that but it has been said by democrats and has been a common claim on /news/ for months now. Some arguments that I've heard were that the death toll and economic impact aren't relevant, 1/6 was an "attack" on our institution by our own people and that makes it worse than both 9/11 and Pearl Harbor. Another argument is that Pearl Harbor brought our country together where 1/6 split us apart - again I disagree, 1/6 is a result, a product, of division in our country we've had for years.
>>
>>990539
>anon said X
>where did I say X
>you were going to say X
Not even worth my time.
>>
>>990543
>Anon caught in a lie
>Tries to back peddle
>Correctly predict where they'd back peddle next based on their previous lie
>WTF I WAS NEVER GOING TO BACK PEDDLE THERE.
Cope
>>
>>990546
Still waiting for you to show me where I "admitting they're plate carriers".

Take your meds.
>>
>>990540
>My mistake. She hasn't said that but it has been said by democrats and has been a common claim on /news/ for months now.
I've never personally heard any prominent politician claim it was worse than 9/11 but I'll take your word for it and say that if they did they're incredibly stupid.

>Some arguments that I've heard were that the death toll and economic impact aren't relevant, 1/6 was an "attack" on our institution by our own people and that makes it worse than both 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.
I think if you were maybe writing some sort of academic historical analysis you could get away with this sort of argument comparing economic and social impacts versus death tolls or whatever. I think its beyond dumb to make this argument in a political speech. I think that even if you could successfully make this argument, the death toll, emotional trauma and sheer carnage of both 9/11 and Pearl Harbor are at such an incredible level that it would make it impossible for any normal person to find a comparison.

>Another argument is that Pearl Harbor brought our country together where 1/6 split us apart - again I disagree, 1/6 is a result, a product, of division in our country we've had for years
I agree with both the argument being made and you. That being said, Kamala's speech was nowhere near nuanced enough for her to think injecting 9/11 and Pearl Harbor was a good idea. It was clearly a pretty underhanded attempt at manipulating the emotional trauma of these two events for political gain. I think it was pretty slimy.
>>
>>989544
>the french revolution wasn't a coup
>>
>>990558
Guillotines don’t build themselves
>>
>>990548
The fact you ignored it after you were refuted.
>>
>>989003

it wasnt a coupe, you demonrats stole the fucking election, hope you enjoy the biden presidency because you stupid fucks will have lots of it, wish i could set all you furfags on fire just watch you burn, but i'll leave that to the demonrats, hope you all starve and then burn to death by the niggers you dumb fucks love so much.
>>
by the way, go beat some dick so your hands are busy and wont post this shit.
>>
>>990580
He's done this before in other threads. You could show him purchase receipts from a military surplus store used as evidence by the FBI and he still wouldn't believe it counts as body armor. He's never going to admit he was wrong and he's only here to waste your time and gaslight you.
>>
>>990585
t. Sidney Powell
2 more weeks!
>>
>>990580
So I never said it and you're a lying cunt. Got it.

>>990587
>You could show him purchase receipts from a military surplus store used as evidence by the FBI and he still wouldn't believe it counts as body armor.
If you have proof then show us. Step up to the plate.
>>
>>990585
You seem upset ?
>>
>>990595
>Getting BTFO this badly
>>
>>990511
>heh you need nukes and f15s
>NOOOO NOT THE ZIP TIES AAAAAAAAA
>>
>>990693
cope d'etat
>>
>>990698
Sedition is most accurate.
>>
>>989505
That's because the election wasn't stolen, the loser was just a bad loser unwilling to face reality.
>>
>>990779
They staged a coup, but they'd be charged with sedition, since treason would mean they waged war against the US.
Though technically Trump could be charged with treason given he gave aid and comfort to the enemy multiple times.
>>
>>991037
That is fair. I note that the DOJ selected “sedition”.
>>
>>991212
Legally, it's what they committed even if they committed treason.
>>
>>991796
Funny how sedition doesn't apply to anyone at CHAZ. No double-standards there.
>>
>>991813
CHAZ was never intended to be permanent or replace the rightfully elected officials though.
>>
>>991825
>Oh no you see our autonomous zone was approved by the state
>ummm sweaty, has the government approved your revolution?
Lmao, you can stop
>>
>>991825
>literally taking a chunk of a city and declare it autonomous
>set up armed guards w/ checkpoints, barriers, refuse to let in police or EMTs - especially during shootings
>internally govern, "town" meetings, control who can go where and segregate into different zones
>No this wasn't REAL sedition!
Reminds me of "Real communism has never been tried before."
>>
>>991813
The stark differences between CHAZ and Jan 6th seem pretty apparent to anybody who isn't politically brain poisoned. Firstly, most of what's being said is untrue. SPD reported to several calls in the zone and the city itself operated within the zone. For example, the department of transportation provided waste removal and toilets and the health department gave out COVID-19 testing. Fire and rescue also operated within the zone as well. The rumor that armed guards who regularly threatened city officials and denied them entrance is just false. The issue with CHAZ was that after the initial protests the zone became a nightmare for the city, optically. Organizers had begun setting up live music and art and snack booths and the place became populated with families and children rather quickly. The optics of using riot police to gas a bunch of children and families who were attending what was essentially an impromptu block party seemed less than optimal for city officials. With that being the case, organizers in the area communicated with and compromised with the city throughout the process. Several times during CHAZ they worked with the city to move barricades and rezone parts of the settlement due to city concerns and other needs. Despite what bullshit you hear on 4chan, Seattle more or less gave CHAZ its blessing for a time to preserve peace then, when it was over and the city had enough, they cleared the area. That is a far, far cry from a militia group gathering weapons, participating in combat training and formulating a specific plan to overtake the capitol through violence.
>>
>>991860
See I was with you until you said this complete bullshit:
>That is a far, far cry from a militia group gathering weapons, participating in combat training and formulating a specific plan to overtake the capitol through violence.
>>
>>991862
Lets put it like this - if the FBI had uncovered a plan from an armed leftist militia to gather guns and supplies and then organize on a specific day to capture some government building in Seattle I'd be 100% cool with sedition charges. Trying to compare that to a protest turned block party seems incredibly disingenuous to me. Also, to be clear, I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY about the 10 Oath Keepers who were charged with sedition, not the rally at large. The Jan 6th rally, in its entirety, was clearly not an organized coup.
>>
>>989003
You’d have to be a real true believing ideologue to think Jan 6 was an attempted coup. If it was a coup, why weren’t all of these people armed? Surely they own guns, so if the plan is to overthrow the government then you’d think they would come prepared.

Boomergate was retarded and fucking hilarious to witness, but it was far from an insurrection or coup
>>
>>991860
Oh yeah and the armed security guards murdered a black kid or two. Absolutely nothing to it! Totally l’ebic working class revolution!
>>
>>991860
lmao gathering weapons? Yeah, we all remember watching the harrowing videos of boomers toting ARs at the capitol. How could we forget watching a legion of trained Nazis — totally not drunken schizograndpas — march into the legislature with their guns brandished proudly.
>>
>>991873
I'm vaguely aware of shootings that occurred around the area during that month. I've never read anything indicating that an "armed guard" murdered two black children. If you could provide a source to that I'd be interested to read on that. Even if I take you at your word and believe its true I don't know how that invalidates anything I've said.
>>
>>991878
Selective memory lmao
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53224445.amp
>>
>>991872
No one said they were competent. There's a reason it was an attempted coup and not a successful one.
>>
>>991878
Well, it shows a few things:
More black people died as a direct result of CHAZ than boomergate.
It also proves that the second these “working class revolutionaries” get any semblance of power they immediately abuse it and become even more vile than the institutions they claim to oppose. This is another way in which CHAZ is comparable to boomergate — people sperg out believing it’s for some greater political cause, but in reality they’re just retards looking for any excuse to sperg out.
>>
>>991879
Where is the part about how "armed security guards murdered a black kid or two"?
>>
>>991881
Not bringing guns isn’t just incompetent, it’s incoherent. They constantly talk about the 2nd amendment as a means of restricting government power, yet in this moment where they’re finally marching on the capitol they choose to come unarmed? Qoomers are retarded but they’re not that retarded buddy, in your heart of hearts I think you know that already.
>>
>>991883
I’m not going to spoon feed you m8, it’s common knowledge. They were shot by the CHAZ official “Fuck the Po-leece” Police Force
Again, let me describe this phenomenon as succinctly as I can:
>brainlets claim to detest authority & power because they lack authority & power. Give them one taste of it and they immediately go apeshit
>>
>>991884
They were literally screaming at the capitol police asking why they were being opposed. Qtards legitimately believed they'd be able to just walk in and murder congress because all the police would be on their side. Yes, they really are that retarded.

January 6th being an utter failure doesn't change the fact that it was by definition an attempted coup though.
>>
>>991875
>lmao gathering weapons?
>Yeah, we all remember watching the harrowing videos of boomers toting ARs at the capitol
I'm specifically talking about the 10 Oath Keepers who have recently been charged.

>>991879
I'm reading this story and I'm not seeing any part that identifies the shooter as an armed CHAZ guard.

>>991882
>More black people died as a direct result of CHAZ than boomergate.
I don't measure my comparison between CHAZ and Jan 6th based on how many black people died.

>It also proves that the second these “working class revolutionaries” get any semblance of power they immediately abuse it and become even more vile than the institutions they claim to oppose.
In what way was CHAZ more vile than the institutions they claim to oppose?

>This is another way in which CHAZ is comparable to boomergate — people sperg out believing it’s for some greater political cause, but in reality they’re just retards looking for any excuse to sperg out.
I don't necessarily disagree. Anybody who thought CHAZ was going to result in any meaningful change is probably just as lost in their ideological commitments as a Jan 6th protestor who genuinely thought they could keep Trump in office.

>>991886
>I’m not going to spoon feed you m8, it’s common knowledge
>They were shot by the CHAZ official “Fuck the Po-leece” Police Force
Then why isn't in this "common knowledge" anywhere in article that you linked as proof?
>>
>>991825
>>991829
>>991848
>whataboutism to ignore the fact that Trump and his supporters try to overthrow the democratic system and US government.
>>
>>991888
>Qtards legitimately believed they'd be able to just walk in and murder congress because all the police would be on their side.
That’s a reasonable enough point, but personally I still don’t see it as an insurrection or even close to an insurrection
>>
>>991890
>I'm specifically talking about the 10 Oath Keepers who have recently been charged.
Not him, but they weren't toting ARs at the Capitol either.
>>
>>991901
>Not him, but they weren't toting ARs at the Capitol either.
I never said they were.
>>
>>991903
.... Soooo why bring it up? What's the significance of these 10 Oath Keepers being charged with sedition? What difference does it make that they were gathering weapons and participating in combat training (whatever that means) if they weren't armed at the Capitol?

I'm not seeing anything in this thread about these 10 people so what makes these guys a game-changer in this eternal coup/not-coup debate?
>>
>>991904
>what makes these guys a game-changer in this eternal coup/not-coup debate?
Dunno, but there's been more and more exposure of evidence proving Trump&friends' attempt to delay certification in order to force things to the house and/or supreme court, foiled by folks like Pence, the military, various others.
Maybe, just maybe, convictions of key on-the-ground actors are supporting moves toward conviction of Trump and his ratfuckers.
>>
>>991906
>what makes these guys a game-changer in this eternal coup/not-coup debate?
>Dunno,
Great. So it's a red herring to distract from the topic. For a second I thought it was actually something important.
>>
>>991904
>.... Soooo why bring it up?
Because the initial post I was responding to made the argument that charging these people with sedition but not the people who attended/protested at CHAZ was a double standard.
>>
>>989216
>> buh... buh... wuht about them!!??

This doesn't change anything about what anon said, but it does make you look desperate for arguments
>>
>>991913
Okay but I still don't see where you're going with this. Nobody in CHAZ was charged with sedition even though they claimed a part of the country as theirs (temporarily or not) - and unlike the Capitol they actually brought guns. I don't see what's so significant about these 10 people just because they're the ones being charged with sedition. Because they're a militia group gathering weapons? To my knowledge none of those gathered weapons were at the Capitol so what's the point? Participating in combat training? Even if they did, they apparently used zero of it at the Capitol. A specific plan to overtake the Capitol? I really would like to know what the plan was because nothing about the Capitol seemed planned or thought out.

What makes these 10 so special?
>>
>>991928
>p..pointing out my obvious bullshit in treating the same shit different depending on politics means you are desperate!

cope harder retard
>>
>>991930
>Okay but I still don't see where you're going with this.
Where I'm going with this is that the two situations are not comparable in the context of charging people with sedition.

>Nobody in CHAZ was charged with sedition even though they claimed a part of the country as theirs (temporarily or not)
As I explained in my previous post, this is not accurate. The city of Seattle more or less gave CHAZ their blessing and worked with protestors and organizers to ensure that the city could provide services within the zone (covid testing, toilets, waste removal, fire and rescue etc.,).

>I don't see what's so significant about these 10 people just because they're the ones being charged with sedition
Because CHAZ was a loose protest that turned into a few week long impromptu block party partly sanctioned and approved by the city of Seattle. The Oath Keeper militia group was a coordinated effort by 10 men to subvert a political process through violence.

>Even if they did, they apparently used zero of it at the Capitol. A specific plan to overtake the Capitol? I really would like to know what the plan was because nothing about the Capitol seemed planned or thought out.
They weren't charged with sedition. They were charged with seditious conspiracy.

>What makes these 10 so special?
I've laid out the rough outline. You can research more information here.

>https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/589831-justice-department-faces-challenges-with-oathkeepers-case
>>
For as often as cops murder Blacks for no reason, you'd be mad not to wear body armor in the USA.
>>
>141posts
>37 posters

Are there seriously no mods on this board?
>>
>>991942
lol good one
>>
>>991942
Kek
Okay I laughed
Not giving this thread a bump tho
>>
>>991933
>Where I'm going with this is that the two situations are not comparable in the context of charging people with sedition.
I guess the difference is that CHAZ was state-sponsored sedition.

>The city of Seattle more or less gave CHAZ their blessing and worked with protestors and organizers to ensure that the city could provide services within the zone
And also ordered cops to pull out and not respond to shootings, so why in the fuck is nobody in Seattle government arrested now?

>The Oath Keeper militia group was a coordinated effort by 10 men to subvert a political process through violence.
Alright let's look at this link and see what makes these 10 so special.

>The indictment from the Justice Department details how a group of 19 members wore paramilitary gear and used a military “stack” formation to enter the Capitol.
OH FOR FUCK SAKE! Here we go AGAIN! Another round of this bullshit, and here I was hoping you had something real to bring up. Paramilitary Amazon airsoft gear and super tacticool "ranger file" - also known as walking in a straight line - to tactically breach the tactical doors of the tactical Capitol in a tactical fucking manner of just tactically walking in without any tactical fucking gear.

IT
IS
TIME
TO
STOP

>It also details how Rhodes spent thousands of dollars on weapons before and after the riot and coordinated with a “quick reaction force” in Virginia that was awaiting word on whether to bring weapons into Washington, D.C.
And this dumbass debunked line of bullshit that we've been over with too. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO BRING FOR ONCE??? How many times have we gone over this "quick reaction force" that was fucking unarmed?!?
>muh zip ties muh high speed vests muh flag poles
Fuck off!

>Prosecutors say that Rhodes and his alleged co-conspirators spoke often in the weeks between the 2020 election and Jan. 6 about fighting to prevent Biden from taking office.
Do they have anything real or is it more fagbook shit-talk?
1/2
>>
>>991933
2/2

>In one November 2020 encrypted group message to other Oath Keepers leaders, Rhodes wrote, “We aren't getting through this without a civil war. Too late for that. Prepare your mind, body, spirit.”
And there you go. More boomer-tier facebook bullshit, water the tree of liberty yada yada, waste of my fucking time for thinking you had something substantial to bring. I'm so pissed off at myself for taking you seriously right now.

>The indictment against Rhodes that was released Thursday indicates that prosecutors are confident they can show that the defendants were not just using empty rhetoric when they spoke with each other about carrying out violence in order to stop the presidential transition.
Wonderful. Let me know when they actually provide something of substance - some actual fucking legit plans to take the Capitol and a solid explanation how that was going to take over America.


What fucking annoys the hell out of me is that I really thought you had something new and interesting to bring to this, but it's the same old mother fucking debunked arguments that we've had ad fucking nauseam that shows just how hard the left and our government is reaching. Fucking tactical paramilitary gear (at least they stopped calling it military gear), fucking tactical military tactics to breach the Capitol that is somehow unique, more effective and more of a threat than how the other 30,000 people managed to push into the building, fucking all this talk about weapons before and after - BUT NOT DURING WHEN IT FUCKING MATTERS - as a way to spice up your bullshit and make it sound like these 10 faggots were a legit fucking threat, and tactical encrypted fucking communications about a civil fucking war YET I'VE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN AN ACTUAL MOTHER FUCKING PLAN HOW THE FUCKING FUCK HELL THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE OVER THE FUCKING COUNTRY BY TAKING THE CAPITOL!

Y'know I blame myself. I really was hoping you had something on these 10 guys to show they were a threat.
>>
>>992027
>YET I'VE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN AN ACTUAL MOTHER FUCKING PLAN HOW THE FUCKING FUCK HELL THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE OVER THE FUCKING COUNTRY BY TAKING THE CAPITOL!
>Take out Senators or force them to certify things for Trump
>Trump ends up with the Presidency with one of the major balances for the position either cowed or out of commission

Come on anon, critical thinking isn't that hard.
>>
>>992029
>Take out Senators
Who are then replaced by the next guy in line.
>or force them to certify things for Trump
Forced under duress won't be recognized as legitimate or legally binding. Nobody in or out of the country would recognize it.
>here sign this contract or I'll blow your brains out
>ah ah ah you signed this contract so I win
You were saying about critical thinking?
>>
>>992030
You seem to forget about the whole scheme Trump and Co had to get electors to go rogue and declare their elections invalid.

That would've allowed it to go through.
>>
>>992030
>>992032
also
>Who are then replaced by the next guy in line.
Ok jackass, I guess assassinating members of government is actually just a minor inconvenience.
>>
>>992032
>You seem to forget about the whole scheme Trump and Co had to get electors to go rogue and declare their elections invalid.
Because that's how it works. Kill everyone in congress and nobody is going to ask questions.
>Ok jackass, I guess assassinating members of government is actually just a minor inconvenience.
Yeah remember when Kennedy got shot and the Russians took over the world? Oh wait, someone else stepped in to take over. That's right.
>>
>>991894
The left wing is now led by moderate social democrats and socialists. Now the communist ideology is only represented by student book clubs and old, decaying philosophers. Only 0.000% of Communism has been built. But... Who knows? Maybe with your help, it will be 0.001%?
>>
>>992048
>Communists
LOL, the fascist right is trying to still invoke their boogeyman from 30 years ago.
>>
>>992313
>b..boogeyman!!
>the evil right!

man... have some self reflection
>>
>>992313
Coming from the side that calls everyone a Nazi. That's rich.
>>
>>989003

Even Vox is shitting on the speech:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/1/6/22870181/biden-january-6-speech-full-text-policy
>>
>>992349
Its almost as if people on the extremes of both ends know fuck all about the political ideologies they whine about and overuse the terms to describe anybody they doing like until the point that they no longer mean anything.
>>
>>992384
The left is tragedy in their use of the term Nazi.
The right only uses it in satire of the left
>>
>>991907
>to distract from the topic
Which is, in total, a well documented and understood attempt by Trump, his conspirators, and a sizable portion of the republican party, to attempt to delay certification of state elector votes in order to force determination of election results to a house or supreme court vote.
There's been memos, texts, emails, phone calls, tweets, plenty of public information for evidence.
Why is your obvious attempt to disregard all that evidence not itself a red herring?
>>
>>992539
According to whom?
>>
>>992554
Onlookers
>>
>>992349
>Everyone
Just the Republicans. That's not everyone.
>>
>>992679
You forgot to include anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't toe the line.
>>
>>992679
jk rowling, a trump hating retard who got baited by an editted video is now an alt-right nazi. funny how that goes. It's like everyone's a nazi except the far-left extrememist.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.