[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/24/us/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-wednesday-jury-deliberations/index.html

[Breaking news update, published at 2:14 p.m. ET]
The suicide rate of white, glasses-wearing men with poor chins has increased by 2500%

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN)[Breaking news update, published at 1:49 p.m. ET]
A jury delivered guilty verdicts Wednesday on murder charges against three White men who chased and shot Ahmaud Arbery as the 25-year-old Black man jogged last year through their Glynn County, Georgia, neighborhood.

[Breaking news update, published at 1:44 p.m. ET]
A jury found Travis and Gregory McMichael guilty of murder Wednesday on charges they chased and killed Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, as he jogged last year through their neighborhood in Glynn County, Georgia

Breaking news update, published at 1:39 p.m. ET]
Jurors found Travis McMichael guilty of murder Wednesday for chasing and fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, as he jogged last year through a neighborhood in Glynn County, Georgia.

[Breaking news update, published at 1:39 p.m. ET]
The jury has reached a verdict in the trial of 3 men charged in Ahmaud Arbery's killing.
>>
It's over. They've won.
>>
frying three yayhoos to avoid another chimpout they don't have stomach to handle firmly enough ....shocker
>>
>>967678
>>967675
Meh.
This isn't shocking.
You had trucks full of armed white dudes drive up in front of a black dude and confront him.
I don't think a reasonable person in that same position would have feared for their life, they were surrounded by armed buddies.
I got to say to the way they handled the whole situation it didn't seem friendly.
Just like in The Rittenhouse case I would say justice was served properly.
>>
>>967679
nah, if you watch the video he charged at an armed man. Armed robbery was a career criminal and those men were protecting their communities.
>>
>>967673
That's what you get for being stupid enough to take the law into your own hands. Those three look like they're gonna have a fun time in federal prison lmao.
>>
>>967673
White person kills white person in self defense, not guilty.

White person kills black person in self defense, guilty.
>>
>>967683
...after being cornered by them.

What the fuck was he supposed to do? You're a black man cornered by a bunch of guys yelling racial slurs with truck and guns, and one of them even has a fucking confederate flag on his car. That's flight or fight shit.
>>
>>967688
>Self defense after chasing him down and shooting him... while he was unarmed and had committed no actual crime

Anon come on. If it was Arbery shooting them he'd literally have the same circumstances as Rittenhouse.

Anon...
>>
>>967688
>3 white guys with guns defended themselves by chasing down a black man in their pickup, confronting him about their racist delusions, and shooting him.
>>
>>967690
reminder the 3rd guy was a neighbor which only crime is recording the jogger charging and trying wrestle the gun.
of course this made him guilty of destroying the armed robbery was hunted down narrative
>>
>>967699
When you join your buddies in cornering a guy and shooting him, that makes you an accomplice.
>>
>>967690
did u even watch the video?
>>
>>967703
Yes anon, they chase him down with their pick-ups and corner him. Him trying to get out of the dangerous situation THEY PUT HIM IN gives them no right to shoot him. For fucks sake, they pointed a gun at him. You do that first, as the Rittenhouse case clearly demonstrated, you immediately lose any right to claim self-defense.
>>
>>967704
he deliberately went all the way in front of the truck to charge the man. He was free to keep moving forward. You are really bad at this shill.
>>
>>967705
Anon they were pointing a fucking shotgun at him and he was unarmed. Plus, he was on foot vs them in a vehicle. What exactly was he supposed to do?
>>
>>967712
comply instead of charging them like a retard. He just got done casing the house and he knew it. Are you retarded?
>>
>>967683
Yeah I don't care, those armed men were acting unreasonable.
They shouldn't have hopped out of the truck and confronted him with guns.
Justice was served in the Rittenhouse case and it was here as well.
I have zero issue with this verdict, same as with RH.
>>
>>967722
And I'm going to expand on this.
The white dudes in this case created the situation that caused them to shoot the guy..
I think the jogger was acting unreasonable as well.
But the situation that caused the shooting was directly caused by dudes rolling up in a truck on a jogger confronting him with weapons
>>
>>967683
>nah, if you watch the video he charged at an armed man.
-After running from them, you forgot that part.
They chased him down.

If he was alive, and got the gun, he would have an open and shut self defense case.

You can't be for Kyle and not be for the guy who was chased down by fuckers in their pickup trucks.
>>
>>967683
Good thing they gave prosecutors all the evidence they needed then that they followed them, you can claim self defense after your the attacker. They played vigilante and ended up looking like a lynch mob, is what it is
>>
>>967723
>I think the jogger was acting unreasonable as well.
IMO I don't think so, he shared no responsibility to leave the road and go hide from the people who were shown to be pursuing him. Even if it would have been the smart thing to do; he had no duty to retreat. It's the retards in the pickup truck who had a duty to leave him alone if they didn't see him committing any kind of crime.
>>
>>967718
>Just comply with the random armed strangers accusing you of robbing a place while you were jogging, what could go wrong?

These guys weren't even cops for fucks sake. For all he knew he was about to get fucking kidnapped.
>>
Based. Rittenhouse is innocent and these three yokels are getting what they deserved.
>>
>>967726
Yea, this.
What's funny is if they never released the video, nobody would have known. They are the architects of their own demise by trying to brag about how they killed a jogger and got away with it.

I don't know why the mentally ill left is trying to equate this with rittenhouse when Rittenhouse never outright bragged about how he got away with shooting people other than their ant-like groupthink of "white bad"
>>
>>967722
>>967723
They were acting so reasonable that the DA initially let them off. This is a political verdict nothing more, nothing less. You are going to have to shill harder than that boy, people aren't stupid around here and they know what is right and wrong. ANd it's right to defend your neighborhood from criminals. Armed robbery killed himself the moment he charged the man.
>But the situation that caused the shooting was directly caused by dudes rolling up in a truck on a jogger confronting him with weapons
His inclination towards crime is what ended his life. He was casing the joint and did not want to take responsibility for his actions.

>>967725
>you can claim self defense after your the attacker. They played vigilante and ended up looking like a lynch mob, is what it is
It is self-defense. Jogger grabbed shotgun, jogger got shot. No amount of sensationalism is going to change that shill

>>967728
>>967730
>>967731
It was their community, he was just trespassing. He knew exactly what was going on. Instead of jogging straight he went for the gun and faced the consequences. They are heroes who defeneded their community and no amount of shilling is going to changed that.
>>
>>967732
>Why yes, I am retarded

By your logic Rittenhouse is guilty.
>>
>>967735
>By your logic Rittenhouse is guilty.
explain. I would love to hear this.
>>
>>967727
>he shared no responsibility to leave the road and go hide from the people who were shown to be pursuing him. Even if it would have been the smart thing to do; he had no duty to retreat.
I agree with all of this, but he was unreasonable in that he did factually try to disarm someone who had not actually threatened him.

Don't get me wrong, I would feel threatened if I was this dude, but I say he's unreasonable because in this unreasonable situation that the white dudes created, it was the jogger that actually initiated violence.

He should have just kept running. But he didn't, he attacked the white dudes and the white dudes shot him and they are now murderers.
If the white dude really wanted to do something they should have just followed the jogger of while on the phone with the police.. I'm sure having a bunch of armed white dudes on the phone driving after a black dude would get the police there quickly to find out what's happening, but no they decided to look like a Georgia Lynch mob o
>>
>>967735
You don't get to corner someone and call it self defense. Plus the three stooges should have called the police if they thought someone was trespassing on property that wasn't theirs.
>>
>>967737
>but no they decided to look like a Georgia Lynch mob o
look shill, if they wanted to look like a georgia lynch mob, it would have looked very different. What did he think he was going to stop the mob by himself? If he was scared for his life he would have ran in direction opposite of the ebil white men. Who do you think your fooling?
>>
>>967732
>This is a political verdict nothing more,
Maybe, in fact there probably is a lot of Truth to that statement.
But their actions were unreasonable and started the situation, and then the joggers reaction was even more unreasonable and is what sealed everyone's fate.

Had nobody been shot the black dude probably would have been the only one charged with a crime
>>
>>967740
>But their actions were unreasonable and started the situation
you don't know what 'unreasonable' means. The jogger was a menace for weeks. People want their community safe, so they try to stop him, but the jogger didn't want to talk, because he wasn't their for good reasons. It's reasonable to want to protect your community.
>>
>>967739
>If he was scared for his life he would have ran in direction opposite of the ebil white men.
I already said the jogger was acting unreasonable. What more do you want?
I still stand by the fact that had the not chase down this dude and confronted him with guns, this would not have happened, they created the situation themselves.

It's unfortunate that they created a situation where an unreasonable person attacked them, but they created the situation regardless and so it's their fault
>>
>>967741
>The jogger was a menace for weeks.
Yeah this is probably true, I totally think he was probably the guy breaking into homes, with the complaints the neighbors had and then what this guy was doing I don't find that to be a wild accusation.

But once again they shot the dude when they tried to confront him. No matter how unreasonable or how bad of a person the jogger is, they created the situation that caused the death
>>
>>967742
>I still stand by the fact that had the not chase down this dude and confronted him with guns, this would not have happened, they created the situation themselves.

Laws should fit justices not the other way around. Should they just let these people menace their homes? Or should they hide in fear.
>>
>>967743
>But once again they shot the dude when they tried to confront him.
They shot the dude when he lunged at them.
>>
>>967743
>they created the situation that caused the death
That's basically it. Deer cameras are cheap and can take high-resolution pictures any time, anywhere. Vigilante justice can be bloodless, but they had to play cops and robbers.
>>
>>967743
>>967747
>No matter how unreasonable or how bad of a person the jogger is, they created the situation that caused the death
They did what was right to live in peace. The jogger ended his own life. People shouldn't be afraid to confront unreasonable people.
>>
Interesting how pro-Rittenhouse propaganda was shilled here 24/7 by /pol/ and they then act like they won the Superb Owl when he got acquitted.

Meanwhile this case gets no attention and you only have one /pol/ shill trying to play damage control for the 3 white people who were convicted of murdering a black guy, and we're only going to have this one thread, which is how things normally go on /news/.
Interesting.
>>
So basically your saying he should of kept his head down and minded his own business like a coward on his way to work.

>if he didn't say those things he wouldn't be arrested for hate crime
>he should have just let them molest his wife
>he should have just let them get away with the stolen items
>he should of just done nothing and hope the government cares enough to protect him when they can't even protect themselves (chauvin) from political witch hunts.
>>
>>967748
>peace
>roll up with a long gun
>kill them instead of hitting them with the stock
I guess you're gonna feel how you're gonna feel, but undue force is a bad look.
>>
>>967750
the shill here is you my friend. Ritten house case open peoples eyes to the obvious shilling here.

>kill them instead of hitting them with the stock
are you retarded? Do you know what self-defense is?

>But undue force is a bad look?
we need to stop being afraid of the media
>>
>>967737
>I agree with all of this, but he was unreasonable in that he did factually try to disarm someone who had not actually threatened him.
That is true, but the details are cloudy because you get into "At what point is it OK to start attacking someone holding you at gunpoint in public?"
>>
>>967748
I agree.
It's unfortunate that it happened.
I encourage people to confront things like this first rather than go to police, I think confronting somebody with their accusations should be the first course of action.
Had one guy gotten out of the truck unarmed to just talk to the dude and confront him with accusations while all of his armed buddies stood back and watched probably none of this would have happened.
And if it had happened and dude attacked unarmed man anyways, and his buddies had to protect him I think this would have gone a lot differently.
>>
>>967750
I'm someone you call /Pol/ regularly. I probably called you a Binger on multiple occasions, and I'm not defending these people
You are the shill.
You will always be a shill.
>>
>>967739
> If he was scared for his life he would have ran in direction opposite of the ebil white men
Well he did, you can see on the video that he got about six blocks before the pickup trucks caught up with him.
Which goes back to >>967727 the SMART thing would have been to run OFF of the road and hide someplace they couldn't pursue him. But he had no duty to do that, because he had every right to be there as any of them.

>>967732
>It is self-defense. Jogger grabbed shotgun
After he had been pursued, as per the video. He made an attempt to leave, they went to him. Unlike Rittenhouse

>It was their community
Irrelevant on a public street. Anyone has the right to be there regardless if it was their community or not.
>>
>>967758
>but the details are cloudy because you get into "At what point is it OK to start attacking someone holding you at gunpoint in public
Yes and no, I don't feel he was being held at gunpoint. I saw people with weapons get out of the truck, but nobody actually threatened him with a weapon, yet he still attempted to disarm them
They were both being unreasonable parties
>>
>>967759
>It's unfortunate that it happened.
>I encourage people to confront things like this first rather than go to police, I think confronting somebody with their accusations should be the first course of action.

To be honest I am more mad about the the severity of the charges than the verdict.
>>
>>967738
>You don't get to corner someone and call it self defense.
You do when they escalate the situation from a calm encounter into a kill or be killed situation by charging 20 feet towards you and wrestling you for your gun
>>
>>967747
LOL you fucking NPC, cameras don't do shit, they're only a deterrent at best. cops won't look at the video and investigate a robbery unless they can already ID the perp. they just take the evidence and memoryhole it. cops are only good for robberies in progress.
>>
>>967767
I can agree with you on this in fact 1000% I totally agree with you on this.
I do think they are guilty of crime but I saw nothing to lead me to believe it was intentional homicide or I hate crime
>>
>>967750
>Interesting how pro-Rittenhouse propaganda was shilled here 24/7 by /pol/ and they then act like they won the Superb Owl when he got acquitted.
Because that was an actual win. Rittenhouse was 100% a cut and dry self defense case, of all the cases to ever be exonerated, that was the one. There was zero reason for that to ever go to trial and it was 100% a political show trial.

This? Nah. You can say it's politicized but there was a clear reason for this to go to trial. The details of the case were murky and the defense certainly didn't help themselves with the video. You can argue one way or another that this was borderline but Kyle was 100% cut and dry self defense.

That's why this gets no attention, I don't think anyone is going to stand up for the people who chased down a guy just to confront him with guns. The details afterwards are really the only thing we can argue about.
>>
>>967765
>He made an attempt to leave, they went to him
he did not, instead of running off, he went straight into the middle od the road to attack the man.

>Anyone has the right to be there regardless if it was their community or not.
>But he had no duty to do that, because he had every right to be there as any of them.
You do not have a right just to be there when menacing a community. He had the right to be questioned and confronted.
>>
>>967769
Clearly they did something here: Sent the three who recorded it to prison for four life sentences.
>>
>>967773
>You do not have a right just to be there when menacing a community.
You have to prove he's doing that, is the thing. They didn't see him take or menace anyone so they couldn't have possibly known that.
That's why the Citizens Arrest was probably not the best idea to begin with, you can only do that in George in witnessing a felony.
>>
>>967770
it's the same thing with chauvin. People would be more open to discussion on the cases if they weren't political witch hunts goded on by the media. Neither Chauvin or these two did anything racist or were monsters, but for some reason we need to treat them as the devil incarnate and just agree with the propaganda instead of actually trying to learn from these unfortunate events.
>>
>>967750
Rittenhouse was demonized hard despite his innocence, which caused a massive push back. His trial put self-defense on trial, and it showed a massive divide in perspective between the "mostly peaceful protest" side and the anti-riot side. It revealed how misinformation and narratives can spread far and wide and cloud the truth even when videos were out the same day as the shooting. The McMichaels were a different animal. There was less misinfo, it didn't happen at a riot, and it was tainted by vigilante acts. A lot of the people going up to bat for Rittenhouse did so on the grounds that he didn't ask for what happened and that he didn't instigate it. It wasn't all back-the-blue types, a lot of people just saw a retarded kid fighting off a mob and being prosecuted to appease that mob. Those people aren't going to care about wannabe cops starting a conflict with a suspected thief, because it wasn't an obvious case of defense.
>>
>>967776
>You have to prove he's doing that, is the thing. They didn't see him take or menace anyone so they couldn't have possibly known that.
they shouldn't have to prove anything. they want to know what a guy they never seen before, that matches the description of the recent trespassing and burgleries is doing. Common sense should not be hampered by legal technicalities.
>>
>>967775
zzzzing
>>
>>967782
I agree with that but we don't live in that world.
They're going to get federal hate crime charges on top of this to boot even though they did nothing that institutes a hate crime other than "Be in a crime that involves a black man"
>>
>>967784
>I agree with that but we don't live in that world.
Then what can we do to live in such a world.
>>
>>967780
this.
Rittenhouse was about the media's ability to put people on trial purely through the power of the court of public opinion. no sane prosecutor would have taken the case with that information if given the same information without the media interference.

It was literally the Media creating such a distorted view of reality that reality itself changed to match it to the point where they were trying to put someone in jail over a scenario they made up in their head. If evidence and facts weren't entirely on his side from the get-go, he would be in jail from that fake reality they created.

This is different. They would have gotten away with it if they didn't incriminate themselves.
>>
>>967753
I don't know who your addressing, but the McMichaels should have taken video, followed at a safe distance, not confronted Arbery, and informed the police. If he was a thief and the cops don't do anything, then sue him, put posters up, flame him online, organize a watch and get him when he is observed committing a crime. If he is an armed suspect and he comes onto your property or threatens someone, then its reasonable to use force. But you don't chase a guy over a theft you didn't even see, because it is an escalation and it results in shit like what happened. Don't start fights when you haven't exhausted all legal options to avoid fights.
>>
>>967766
>>967768
was a gun ever actually pointed at arbery BEFORE he charged at them, or were they just carrying them?
>>
>>967788
>But you don't chase a guy over a theft you didn't even see, because it is an escalation and it results in shit like what happened. Don't start fights when you haven't exhausted all legal options to avoid fights.
Reasonable suspicion. They didn't even put their hands on him. People should not be afraid to protest their community.
>>
>>967786
Do you have a couple million to run for public office and be the change you want to see?
Because if not, there isn't really anything you can do. There isn't anything I can do. The fact is the fascists in society are winning, and they're winning in no small part because people don't really want to live under rule of law, they want to live under rule of public opinion. Sadly, they're winning.
>>
>>967789
We don't see it, the confrontation happens in front of the leading vehicle.
>>
>>967784
Frankly, that's the justice system we live in.
I'm pretty good friends with somebody who spent around 16 years locked up on one of (if not the first) big media hate crimes against a homosexual in the 90s. Him and two other guys, they were homeless, all right around 4 feet tall. They're all oddly short, which I know because I wound up meeting each one of em, and I even got out of prison on the same day as one of em. I mention this guy because he's gay. Back then, him and his two short friends were homeless and a guy pulled up and offered em a ride when it was raining. They were all around 17 and 18, wet, short, so they got in and rode for a little bit before the guy told em he needed his dick sucked or they would need to get out the car. They were homeless, so they beat him up and locked him in his trunk, because fuck him. Unfortunately, the guy spent like 3 days in the trunk and almost died, got hospitalized, then the whole situation got framed as an anti-homosexual hate crime. Years later, the guy recanted, even showed true remorse for how hard my friend and his friends got railroaded. They didn't hate the guy because he was gay. Hell, at least one of em is pretty gay themselves. Still, because they were homeless and incapable of defending themselves with their basically dysfunctional upbringing (my friend is an orphan, bad time growing up), they got HARD records, and my friend is homeless to this day even after getting out, gay as he is.

No names, anybody can look that shit up, they aren't really my stories to tell. This is what the justice system does, and middle-class white folks should really start understanding what it means to be helpless in the eyes of the law. I think it all needs reform, but go figure. My buddy still tries to help the people in his life, even though he's been so thoroughly fucked by the world. He's a great guy, even though he was damned for circumstance. Maybe society should change.
>>
>>967791
>The fact is the fascists in society are winning
They are not fascist anon. Stop being delusional.
>>
>>967757
>>967762
>>967772
>>967780
Shake the bottle a bit and the bugs get angry. Interesting. And here's a split between /pol/ here. Interesting.
>>
>>967794
>They are not fascist anon
Wanting to rule by public opinion is fascism. Regardless if you want to call it communism, Naziism, or the like.
>>
>>967796
>Wanting to rule by public opinion is fascism. Regardless if you want to call it communism, Naziism, or the like.
fascism is a non-word that had been divorced from it's actual meaning year ago. These people are not going to round you up all at once with boots on the ground. They are slowly making the legal system to where it is illegal to you exist without humiliation and utter subservience to their will.
>>
>>967790
Having reasonable suspicion doesn't mean the situation wasn't escalated. There are legal ways to protect a community without escalating things. I'm not saying it was murder, I'm saying that the smart thing to do is to put in the work to avoid escalation and only use force when it is critical to do so, not just when it becomes a legal option. You don't have to use a citizen's arrest when other options exist that can achieve similar results.
>>
>>967776
>Citizens Arrest was probably not the best idea to begin with
nah, Citizens just need to be better trained. Every state has volunteer firefighters, just volunteer for police training or take a private investigator course.

Heinlein was right, plebs need to serve before getting citizenship.
>>
>>967798
>Having reasonable suspicion doesn't mean the situation wasn't escalated.
jogger escalated it.
>>
>>967795
>PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS? /POL/BUGS BTFO
Says the bug angry that he got actual answers that causes his peanut brain to boil.
>>
>>967797
> They are slowly making the legal system to where it is illegal to you exist without humiliation and utter subservience to their will.
Pretty sure fascists did literally the same thing. Nazi Germany wasn't the first or last place Fascism was practiced.
>>
>>967782
>they shouldn't have to prove anything.
>retard cancel culture #meeethreeee take
innocent until proven guilty for both robery and the mcmikes
>>
>>967795
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNTEREEEEEESTIIIIIIIING people have different opinions about two very different incidents IIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNTERESSSSTTIIINNNNG I can only think in black and white and everything who disagrees with me is /pol/. IIIIIIINNNNNTERRRESSSTTIIINNNNGGG I have the brain of chewing gum.
>>
>>967802
>Pretty sure fascists did literally the same thing. Nazi Germany wasn't the first or last place Fascism was practiced.
you are unironically a shill. Fascism has nothing to do with what is going on today.
>>
>>967800
You understand that a situation can be escalated multiple times, right?
>>
>>967803
>innocent until proven guilty for both robery and the mcmikes

REASONABLE SUSPISCION
>>
>>967806
1) charge guy with gun
2) get shot with gun

do you need it tattooed on your face?
>>
>>967805
Then tell me what it is. What system of totalitarianism do we find ourselves under that creates the legal precedent of two classes of society of which one has complete control and dominance over the other?
>>
>>967799
>nah, Citizens just need to be better trained
COP used to stand for "Citizen on Patrol". If training is required to do a Citizen's Arrest, then it's not really a citizen's arrest.
>>
>>967791
>Do you have a couple million to run for public office and be the change you want to see?
a guy in new jersey just won a state senate seat for like $2k of his own money and $10k total. the incumbent spent either $100k or $1M, i already forgot. look up it he's truck driver (and aoc was a bartender). he just made his campaign grass-roots knocking on doors instead of buying ads.
>>
>>967809
Communism
>>
>>967809
>two classes of society
jews weren't a class, they were promptly the file with their declarations was deleted
>>
>>967813
I admit, that race was a huge white pill.
>>
>>967808
1)chase random dude down in truck and shoot him
2)go to jail for life
Guess you need to update your tattoo.
>>
>>967791
>fascists
You don't even know what this word means your argue about living under rule of opinion and your entire argument is emotionally driven using scary words incorrectly outside of their accepted definition.
>>
>>967811
i meant exactly what i said, training. i didn't say licensing, i didn't say certification. no regulation, no poll tax. just training.
>>
>>967819
2/10 bait
>>
>>967808
>trap a guy
>he fights back
When a guy gets arrested by a cop in uniform, he can reasonably assume that surrendering means he'll get his chance in court. But three random dudes with shotguns? Fighting back is not an escalation there, its reacting proportionately to them chasing and trapping him. He has the right to distrust their intentions. They gave him no option except fight or be at their mercy, and that's an escalation to violence where there was none before.
>>
>>967824
>trapped
>literally nothing was stopping him from continuing down the road
weak bait
>>
>>967811
>COP used to stand for "Citizen on Patrol".
No it didn’t. It is a shortening of “copper” which was slang derived from the buttons on NYC police.
>>
>>967825
Do you frequently have armed criminals/terrorists chasing you down in their trucks?
>>
>>967820
>You don't even know what this word means
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism
> a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Ironic I get some emotionally driven retard calling me emotionally driven when he can't even look the definition up in the dictionary.
>>
>>967809
> two classes of society of which one has complete control and dominance over the other
Isn't that every totalitarian system? The system we're under isn't motivated by ideals of fascist ideology, it's a managerial system of anarcho-tyranny that has resulted from a government that constantly seeks to increase it's power on the behalf of interest groups, then that power remains in the government's grasp but divorced of whatever warranted it's seizure from the public.
>>
>>967830
That's a better definition, thank you.
>>
>>967811
It was constable on patrol, not citizen on patrol.
>>
>>967825
If they weren't stopping him then it wasn't a citizen's arrest, so why were they following him if they weren't arresting him? Stalking is illegal.
>>
>>967834
reasonable suspicion
>>
>>967835
Can you even make a citizens arrest in Georgia on reasonable suspicion?
>>
>>967833
No not even that. It was a shortening of “coppers”.
>>
>>967836
No.
>>
>>967796

That's...literally the definition of full democracy, you dolt.
>>
>>967679
>Just like in The Rittenhouse case I would say justice was served properly.

Exactly, the court system usually gets it right.
>>
>>967678
The verdict only took 10 hours, and if you actually watched the trial it was very open and shut. Nobody should be surprised.
>>
>>967712
>What exactly was he supposed to do?
>>967718
>comply

So if it were say, three ghetto blacks who raced up in a car with 32" spinners and pulled guns on YOU, you'd just meekly comply, right?

Yeah, I didn't think so...
>>
>>967683
Georgia has Stand Your Ground laws. After being chased down and boxed in by armed men, Arbery had every right to go for the gun. You can't claim self-defense when you and your fellow good ol' boys chase down an unarmed man in your trucks.
>>
Based on the popular rhetoric, isn't the real question why didn't they just shoot him on sight?
>>
>>967732
You mean the DA who was friends with Greg McMichael, who was the first person that Greg called after helping to lynch Arbery and who stopped police officers from arresting them initially? The same DA who's currently being charged with obstruction and failing to uphold her oath of office over her shady behavior? That DA?
>>
>>967836
I believe you would need to have seen the person in question committing a crime, which they did not; in fact, there's no evidence that Arbery had committed any crime at all, let alone one that the McMichaels had witnessed.

>>967808
In armed shooter drills people are generally taught that if running, hiding, and barricading yourself have all failed, then your best course of action is to go for the gun. If armed psychos are chasing me with guns and they want me to stop or go with them, I would be insane to assume that they wouldn't harm me if I went with them. Even for women, the most common advice I hear if someone tries to abduct you is to fight like hell if they try and get you in a car, because if they take you away then you're probably dead.

This was a very obvious case of self-defense on Arbery's part. In fact, there was likely no other option that gave him any chance of survival. Even if going for the gun only gives you a 1% chance, if you don't in that case then you have a 0% chance of being alive.
>>
>>967690
It goes both ways. What do you do when you catch a guy scoping out a house to steal from, and suddenly he dashes 20 feet towards you and starts fighting you for a gun you're holding? Just let him grab it and kill you?
>>
>>967772
The jury came back in only about 10 hours despite the defense doing their best to stack an all-white jury. The video evidence was incredibly damning and thoroughly discredited any notion of self-dense on the McMichaels' part. The video shows a modern-day lynching. It was the definition of cut-and-dry and in fact this case is pretty much the textbook definition case for felony murder.

>>967767
Only Travis McMichael, the man who pulled the trigger, was actually convicted of Malice Murder; the other two were found not guilty on that charge.
If you're not familiar with the Felony Murder statute, it's a charge brought if someone dies as a result of a felony that you commit. The classic example is being the getaway driver for a bank robbery where someone was killed: even if you yourself didn't pull the trigger, you committed a felony that any reasonable person would think had a good chance to lead to violence, and thus you are criminally liable for any death that results in the commission of that felony (even of the person who died was an accomplice who was shot by the police).

The other charges brought against the men were Aggravated Assault, False Imprisonment, and Conspiracy, all felony charges. Because Arbery was killed as a direct result of those felonies being committed, felony murder applies.
>>
>>967889
>
This was a very obvious case of self-defense on Arbery's part. In fact, there was likely no other option that gave him any chance of survival. Even if going for the gun only gives you a 1% chance, if you don't in that case then you have a 0% chance of being alive.
Or it might've been a 100% chance of living by not forcing them to shoot. There was no indication that they were going to shoot him before he made it necessary.
>>
>>967895
In this case self-defense would be justified, as that other person had instigated with the intent to try and kill you.
In this case Arbery was very clearly not the instigator, and tried to go for the gun when he was cornered as a last resort.
>>
>>967897
So if someone chases you down with guns holds you at gunpoint, do you really trust them to not kill you even if you comply with their demands? For all Arbery knew they were going to try and take him to a quieter place to shoot him.
Keep in mind that none of them were law enforcement and did not have any powers of arrest, so Arbery was under no obligation to follow their commands.
>>
The root of all evil is low-level education that leaves people ignorant, stupid, immature, mentally/personally ill.
Anyone who is inspired or brainwashed by conspiracy theory, fake, pseudoscience, hoaxes, fortune-telling, or religion and is euphoric as "my knowledge is all true" is a victim of inappropriate low-level education.
Since we do not teach philosophy or psychology in compulsory education, children grow up to have a personality that lacks foresight, sympathy, self-control, problem-solving, logical thinking, self-affirmation, and various kinds of literacy.
All inexperienced people need NOT HATRED (information shut-out, jostle, neglect, punishment, exclusion), BUT LOVE (information exchange, hug, respect, forgiveness, tolerance, comfort, enlightenment, advanced and adequate higher-level education, psychotherapy counseling, salvation)
If you can't love them, it means that you need love first.\

"Emotions Self-Responsibility Theory"
>>
>>967782
There's no evidence that there had even been any string of burglaries in that area. Even going into an empty construction site at night is not necessarily trespassing if you haven't been explicitly told not to enter, which Arbery was not. All the McMichaels had to go on was that someone told them that maybe a black man was sneaking around. And if they wanted to attempt a citizens arrest then they would've needed to see Arbery commit a crime and then try to run away, which is not what happened.

There's absolutely no evidence that Arbery was guilty of anything other than being a black man jogging in a white neighborhood in the Deep South.
>>
>>967901
>>967896
>>967889
>>967882
>>967879
>>967834
>>967828
stop (You)ing me you clowns. The M brothers were morally right. Justice was not served. A violent career criminal is in the grave thanks to these heroes.
>>
>>967901
>There's no evidence that there had even been any string of burglaries in that area.
blatant lie
>>
>>967881
You're talking about a bunch of deep south boomers, one of whom had the genius idea to record them lynching a man and then had his lawyer release it to the media thinking it would exonerate him. They're not exactly America's best and brightest.
>>
>>967905
Where's your proof then?
>>
>>967901
>>967907
>https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/satilla-shores-break-ins-reported-months-before-ahmaud-arberys-killing

MY COCK. YOU CAN SUCK IT NOW.
>>
>>967899
The first thing I'd do is ask what's going on and then explain what I'm doing and that they're mistaken
>>
>>967780
>>967772
Out of curiosity, do you believe in Trump's Big Lie and think he bears responsibility for the January 6th insurrection?
Not intending to switch topics, just legitimately curious to see what your position are on the Big Lie and the Jan 6th insurrection.
>>
>>967908
You mean actual months before Arbery was shot? That's not exactly a smoking gun, not to mention there's literally nothing there about a suspect description or Arbery matching such a description.
>>
>>967909
And the first thing they'd do is drag you into their car so that they can take you to an empty cornfield and put a bullet through your brain.
If you think that angry armed men accosting you are gonna go away after a pleasant chat then you're the easiest mark that ever lived
>>
>>967911
>There's no evidence that there had even been any string of burglaries in that area.
SAID BY YOU

>blatant lie
SAID BY ME

>Where's your proof then?
SAID BY YOU

>https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/satilla-shores-break-ins-reported-months-before-ahmaud-arberys-killing
SAID BY ME

GET FUCKED SHILL
>>
>>967913
Can you prove that those robberies are connected?
>>
>>967912
Better that you wait long enough for them to approach you first then isn't it? Instead of running towards them without a word. But there's no indication that they were setting out to kill him anyway.
>>
>>967916
Arbery was running away from them until they boxed him in with their trucks and trained their guns on him. It was only when he was cornered that Arbery tried to go for the gun.
>>
>>967793
Sounds like your "friends" fucked around and found out. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.
>>
>>967918
>Gregory said he saw the unidentified man and yelled: "Stop, stop, we want to talk to you", and that they pulled up to the man, with Travis exiting the truck with the shotgun in hand. Gregory claimed the man "began to violently attack Travis" before two shots were fired.[69][68]
>>
>>967914
you have proven yourself to be a retarded shill who knows not even the basics about the case. I will not wear out my beautiful "totally worth it and not a wast of money at all" 60$ cherry mx keyboard spoon feeding you.
>>
>>967923
Did you not watch the video? If armed men tried to run you down and boxed you in, I think that fighting back is a reasonable response. Arbery was defending himself in a state with Stand Your Ground laws. Even if he had gotten Travis' gun and shot him, it would've been legal underneath Stand Your Ground doctrine.
>>
>>967923
Yeah, because the guys who called him slurs and had a fucking confederate flag on their truck are obviously reliable testimony.

>"Anon the people accused of the crime say they totally didn't do that, they're innocent obviously."
>>
>>967925
More reasonable and logical would be to at least wait long enough to see what they want before you force them to kill you
>>
>>967924
So you have no evidence that a string of robberies occured. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that the McMichaels and their buttbuddy are going to rot in prison for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>967925
he was not 'boxed in' did you even watch the video?
>>
>>967926
The slur came out after the guy was dead because the man was pissed off that he forced him to shoot
>>
>>967927
No, the reasonable thing to do would be to either run away or fight back against armed psychos who are trying to lynch you. After Arbery could no longer run away, he fought back. Self-defense.
>>
>>967928
>So you have no evidence that a string of robberies occured.
I wish I could reach across the screen
>>
>>967931
He wouldn't have been "forced to shoot" if he and his friends had not committed several felonies.
>>
>>967782
>that matches the description of the recent trespassing and burgleries is doing
it's well known that if anything is stolen from the neighborhood, by suspects whose physical appearance is completely unknown, that creates probable cause to arrest every black person you see in the area for the next six months

>they shouldn't have to prove anything.
it is literally illegal to force people to stop and talk to you at gunpoint if you are not a police officer
>>
>>967934
No connection = not a string
Reminder that felony murder carries a mandatory life in prison charge in Georgia :^)
>>
>>967932
You already said he couldn't run and "stop, we want to talk to you" isn't an immediate threat of death. Obviously he chose the worst option.
>>
>>967936
>that creates probable cause to arrest every black person you see in the area for the next six months
unironically it does
>>
>>967939
>unironically it does
i mean i'm sure it does in your personal opinion, but it doesn't do so as a matter of a law, which is why the mcmichaels are going to prison for the rest of their lives
>>
>>967938
Yeah, "stop, we want to talk to you" while pointing a gun at them. That is literally an imminent threat of death.
And what obligation did Arbery have to stop and "talk" to them? They weren't police officers and had no power of arrest.
>>
>>967938
And the shotgun leveled at him wasn't?
>>
>>967938
"give me all the shit in the cash register" isn't a threat of death, but if the cashier tries to take the gun from you and you shoot him, you're still going to jail for murder
>>
Hopefully the DA who tried to bury this also goes to prison
>>
Don't forget, these good ol' boys are also awaiting federal hate crime charges, and the federal government has something like a >90% conviction rate.
>>
>>967951
I mean, screaming racial slurs after murdering a black man in cold blood doesn't exactly leave much room for debate.
>>
>>967683
Not even a week since Rittenhouse and the copeium fest continues.
>>
>>967953
Him expressing support for BLM really knocked the wind out their sails.
>>
>>967727
I think he was trying to get away from them but he was on foot and they were in trucks. He only went for the gun IMO cause he couldn't get away. It wasn't self-defense cause they literally chased him down in vehicles and then came at him. If Arbery had been carrying a gun and shot all 3 of them dead it would've been self-defense.
>>
>>967929
Can you outrun motor vehicles and bullets?
>>
>>967941
>but it doesn't do so as a matter of a law, which is why the mcmichaels are going to prison for the rest of their lives
then the law needs to be changed
>>
>>967951
>>967952
>>967953
>>967955
>>967974
shills out in full force. And are not even trying to hide. SAD!
>>
>>967976
>then the law needs to be changed
So find a politician who is in favor of abolishing the constitution and building a police state in which any race of person can legally be stopped and arrested on the basis that other unidentified people of the same race in the general area have committed crimes, then vote for them. Maybe they gets into office. Welcome to democracy. In the meantime, cope your heart out.
>>
>>967977
I'm just here to watch Copefest 2021, my dude. Opening act was Rittenhouse whine-a-thon, now /pol/ is closing out the show with the McMicheal cryapalooza. Can't wait to see the next act. Exciting!
>>
>>967976
>Be a black guy in the ghetto.
>See some white guys buying drugs in your neighborhood.
>Round up a gun-toting posse and chase down the next white person you see in your neighborhood cause you suspect him of breaking the law by buying drugs. Perform a citizen's arrests while yelling anti-white racial slurs and shoot him dead if he doesn't comply.
>Totally legal.
>>
>>967990
I am okay with this
>>
>>968006
At least you're consistent.
>>
>>967990
This does happen though
>>
>>968015
Roaming gangs of black neighborhood watchmen chase white people and gun them down for buying drugs? Where does this happen?
>>
>>968016
If a white person's spotted in a black ghetto you can be damned sure it attracts the attention of the locals
>>
>>967906
Not sure what the fuck you're talking about. Prove it was a "lynching".
>>
>>968018
So, I'll repeat, roaming gangs of black neighborhood watchmen chase white people and gun them down for trying to buy drugs? Where does this happen?
>>
>>967914
A string of robberies in the area is a string of robberies in the area, you can't frame it in any way that it isn't. It speaks to the defendants' perspective, not Arbery's potential guilt.
>>
>>967980
>>967977
I for one will say that this thread gives me home for America. The people who agree with rule of law and standing behind both this and Rittenhouse shows me /news/ isn't as /pol/tarded as it used to be.
>>
>>968046
There's no evidence that the robberies are connected, therefore not a string.
>>
>>968048
True. The biggest thorn in the side of politics is that people don't want to be consistent. They love the justice system when it benefits them then wants to overthrow it when it doesn't. The hot take that shouldn't fucking be hot at all is that Rittenhouse should've been found not guilty and these guys should have been found guilty. Everyone's knee jerk reaction to claim conspiracy every time their political pet projects fail is cringe as fuck.
>>
>>968049
It doesn't matter if they were connected, if the defendants believed there was a pattern then it speaks to their mindset.
>>
>>968053
Why should I believe a bunch of racist murderers?
>>
>>968053
>if the defendants believed there was a pattern then it speaks to their mindset
Well, I'm no lawyer, but an important component of establishing events as motive for a defendant's actions is proving that the events are real. A couple of dipshits suffering the delusion that a guy they saw jogging is responsible for every theft in their neighborhood over the past 6 months does not an argument for reasonable belief make. Clearly, it matters if they were connected. Clearly, if there were any evidence that the thefts were connected and if there were any evidence that Arbery had anything to do with them then they might have been found not guilty. I'm not sure why you're pretending like the argument that the defense claimed was paramount to the case is irrelevant.
>>
>>968055
It doesn't matter who they are. When a bunch of similar crimes occur close together and around the same time, it is not unreasonable to suspect that they are connected. It doesn't legally justify what they did, but had they just asked him some questions or taken photos of him to give to the police, those would have been reasonable things to do. If you're going to argue that there was no reason at all to be suspicious of Arbery, then you're full of shit. Arbery had ever reason to be suspicious of them too, and his reaction was reasonable. But you can't act like the recent crimes in the area didn't contribute to group's reasonable suspicion.
>>
>>967690
How about now fucking going out to loot and steal in the first place?
>>
>>968060
He did neither. Stop lying.
>>
>>968058
And what evidence was there for Arbery being related to any of these crimes?
>>
>>968074
Now I know you're trolling, I already said it wasn't about Arbery
>>
>>968050
Both trials are blackpilling me on race relations though. How the fuck can we continue as a country when the Rittenhouse trial pisses off half the country and this trial pisses off the other half? Both are based on race more than anything. If we weren't racially divided, it'd be so much easier to unite everyone
>>
>>967675
Felony murder seems strong here, but the worst part about this is that public opinion seems to be shaping court verdicts now more than ever.
>>
>>968103
This was extremely open and shut though, and given that the two people who didn't pull the trigger were actually found not guilty of malice murder the jury seems to have thought this out.
>>
>>968080
Neither trial is about race.
Rittenhouse was attacked because he wasn't part of the rioters.
Arbury was followed and killed because the neighborhood watch told old boomer to play policeman.
>>
>>967673
riots?
>>
>>967910
>Big Lie
>insurrection
is this board just all bait or are there really people that use the corporate medias messaging on here
>>
They won

White genocide is legal and encouraged
It's time to defend ourselves
>>
>>968123
>Trumpy really did win ze election
Lad. Stop. This take is so fucking retarded it hurts.
>>
>>968133
who are you responding to?
>>
>>967688
>people chasing down someone are aggressors
>people still chasing down someone are still the aggressors
Seems pretty consistent to me
>>
>>968136
I am responding to (drum roll) >>968123
the person I quoted!
>>
>>968106
Given that:
>the McMichaels are racists who are recorded shouting racial slurs after shooting Arbery, with one of them having a Confederate flag on his car
>the defense did their best to try and remove any black jurors
>the defense also tried, in a last-ditch effort, to try and appeal to any potential racists in the jury (loudly complaining about civil rights leaders and black pastors in the court, bringing up Arbery's "long, dirty toenails" out of completely nowhere
>at the end of the day Arbery as a black man jogging in a white neighborhood who was hunted down and killed by three racist white men based on incredibly flimsy suspicion
It seems that race played an important role at every step of the case
>>
>>967903
You're a nigger.
>>
I bet the crime in the neighborhood all of a sudden went down…
>>
>>968189
Yeah, at least three criminals were in pretrial confinement.
>>
>>967718
>comply with people unlawfully detaining you
sure maybe that was the smart thing but he had every right to fight back even if it was a bad idea. Maybe he was there for criminal purposes but they didn't have the proof to give them any right to detain him or the case would have gone much differently

much like the Rittenhouse case, justice was served in a case that was pretty unambiguous
>>
>>968137
white privilage for killing white men
not white privilage for being convicted of killing blacks.

Anyone else confused?
>>
>>968229
>I am easily confused
What was the point of this post?
>>
>>968189
Sets it up...
>>968202
Knocks it down!
>>
>>967990
>literally the Oakland Black Panther Party of the 1960's
>>
>>968306
Ah yes the black panthers, who definitely weren't ever the target of government action, definitely didn't get many of their members arrested, weren't called terrorists by the media, didn't have their leadership shot, and suffered no consequences whatsoever
>>
>>968308
>In the most controversial part of the book, Cleaver acknowledges committing acts of rape, stating that he initially raped black women in the ghetto "for practice" and then embarked on the serial rape of white women. He described these crimes as politically inspired, motivated by a genuine conviction that the rape of white women was "an insurrectionary act".
They were terrorists.
>>
>>968309
>They (the Black Panthers) were terrorists.
Absolutely. Just like the white nationalists, such as the Charlottesville terrorists who trump called very fine people, today. Glad you can see two things being true at once.
Captcha: 8SGAY
>>
>>968310
Your false equivalencies show your lack of real arguments

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.