[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637682675806.png (904 KB, 1430x1080)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
He also confessed that he brought the gun to assassinate Nancy Pelosi

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/22/man-charged-loaded-firearm-capitol-riot-523178

An Indiana man charged with carrying a loaded firearm to the Capitol on Jan. 6 told investigators that if he had found Speaker Nancy Pelosi, “you’d be here for another reason,” according to court documents posted over the weekend.

Mark Mazza, 56, is the latest of about half a dozen Jan. 6 defendants charged with bringing a gun to the Capitol. In this case, Mazza allegedly carried a Taurus revolver known as “The Judge,” which is capable of firing shotgun shells — two of which were in the chamber, along with three hollow-point bullets. A Capitol Police sergeant obtained the weapon after allegedly fending off an assault from Mazza.

According to the charging documents in the case, two Capitol Police investigators visited Mazza at his home in Shelbyville, Ind., on March 29, and he admitted attending the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally and later marched with the crowd to the Capitol. Camera footage shows Mazza present during the most intense hand-to-hand violence of the day in the Capitol’s lower West terrace tunnel.

“I thought Nan and I would hit it off,” Mazza told investigators as they prepared to finish their interview. “I was glad I didn’t because you’d be here for another reason and I told my kids that if they show up, I’m surrendering, nope they can have me, because I may go down a hero.”

Though reports of rioters charged with carrying firearms have been limited, the number has been steadily climbing. A former DEA agent brandished his service weapon outside the Capitol. A Texas man was charged with bringing a handgun as well. Leaders of the Oath Keepers charged with conspiring to prevent Congress from certifying the 2020 election aren’t facing firearms charges, but prosecutors have pieced together evidence suggesting they kept a stockpile of weapons at a hotel in nearby Arlington, Va.
>>
The mounting evidence has undercut claims by former President Donald Trump and his allies that the mob attacking the Capitol was unarmed. In addition to the growing number of firearms authorities suspect were carried onto Capitol grounds, rioters brought knives, axes, batons, tasers, bats, poles and even a crutch and hockey stick. Others stole police shields and used metal barricades and furniture as makeshift weapons.

But Mazza’s case is the most clear-cut yet of a loaded firearm on Capitol grounds that day. Prosecutors obtained the gun from the alleged assailant himself and used its serial number to trace it back to him. They located Mazza after learning that on Jan. 8, Mazza himself reported the gun stolen to local authorities. He told the Shelbyville police that it was taken from his car on Jan. 5 while he was driving through Ohio. Mazza’s report was entered into a national database, which Capitol Police accessed as they attempted to find the gun’s owner.

Mazza is facing charges of obstructing Congress and the FBI investigation of the Jan. 6 attack, as well as carrying a firearm on Capitol grounds and obstructing police, as well as a D.C. code violation for bringing an unlicensed firearm into the city.

The Capitol Police sergeant who obtained Mazza’s gun at first struggled to identify him when shown pictures — instead identifying a younger-looking man with similar facial features. He admitted he was uncertain of his assailant’s identity in part because he was wearing a hat.
>>
Honestly assassinating politicians should be a regular and accepted sport, kinda like Deer hunting, and for similar reasons
>>
>>967108
>politico
Thanks for your blog post.
>>
>>967114
Wish we had some actual left leaning news sources instead of right wing blog shit like Politico.
Quality control when?
>>
Oh big charges
Meanwhile in reality blm terrorists are doing trucks of peace into Christmas parades.
>>
>Taurus
Guy meant business. He's getting more than a few months, I'd imagine
>>
>>967114
>>967118
>>>/pol/
>>
>>967108
>carrying loaded firearm INTO the Capitol
>charged with bringing a gun TO the Capitol
>not inside
>>
>if he had found Nancy polosi he'd be there for another reason
Based Indiana man
>>
>>967126
>Whataboutism
The favorite debate tactic of right wing terrorists.
>>
>>967108
>He also confessed that he brought the gun to assassinate Nancy Pelosi
So when is he getting the presidential medal of freedom?
>>
>>967112
hey, deer actually have value. Politicians are more akin to hunting hogs in that hogs are a pest and people don't need tags to hunt hogs
>>
Gotta say, the man has character.
He saw something that needed to be done, and he tried to do it.
They took him in and he didn't tell any lies. Straight up honesty from a man trying to do a good thing
>>
>>967247
>Straight up honesty from a man trying to do a good thing
Decades from now he'll be known as the last honest man to walk the capital
>>
>>967226
>right wing terrorists
Said the anon defending the terrorist driving a truck into crowds of innocents.
>>
>>967108
>Failed Trump Coup
kek how detached from reality do you have to be to think this riot of idiots was anything approaching insurrection
>>
>>967247
>reported the firearm stolen day prior
Real honest type, that one.
>>
>>967273
>giving fake information to the government that wants to control and limit your firearm possession
based as fuck.
>>
>>967250
>Doubling down on his whataboutism
>>
>>967289
>Doubling down on not having anything resembling a counterargument or explanation as to why the January 6 riot was terrorism and the recent rampage was not
Typical partisan.
>>
>>967290
>riot
A coup. I assume you'll agree since they were armed, and the coup apologists on /news/ were really hung up moving the goalposts to where you needed to have a gun to stage a coup.
>>
Can't believe this narrative is still persisting when Tucker & many others have reported that zero (0) firearms were confiscated on Capitol Hill during the entirety of the "violent" January 6th tour
>>
>>967300
>implying that's the only false narrative in play
Remember, only one person died! The rest were heart attacks and strokes and depression.
>>
>>967319
If you're referring to that one terrorist, she wasn't shot, you can clearly see her just falling over after she cut herself on the frame.
>>
>>967114
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21114938-us-v-mark-mazza-charging-documents Here's the court documents so you can read it for yourself.
>>
>>967275
Not too bright? Fellow from Indiana was free to possess as many firearms as he would like up until this point.
>>
>>967472
Of course he then traveled to Washington DC to take part in a coup against the US federal government with said firearm.
And managed to lose it. Sounds like a poster child for responsible gun ownership.
>>
>>967108
>>967109
If only they had actually done something other than take selfies in minecraft. Real missed minecraft chance there.
>>
>>967251
Keep repeating the lie, bigger the better, blah blah blah.
If you control 90% of the media it's very easy to get away with.
>>
>>967294
>coup
Yeah dude, a few hundred dolts outside the capital building is a staged coup. Jesus, you're not a stooge of the media corporations, are you?
>>
>>967559
>this much damage control
Who do you think you are fooling?
https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1
>>
>>967559
>Goalpost moving intensifies
>>
>>967294
So they were going to take over the government with a single handgun?
>>
>>968187
They thought they were going to take over the government with sheer force of numbers but they were sorely disappointed when the general public didn't rise up and join them.
>>
>>968187
No, he was just trying to do the American people a solid and off Nancy pelosi, arguably one of the most corrupt politicians of our time.
If her and Mitch McConnell had a baby it would make Hitler look take in comparison
>>
>>968190
They were expecting Trump to show up and reveal everything he told them, which of course were lies and Trump left them all for dead at the capitol.
But to Trump's credit, he wanted to order the military to protect the coup.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.