[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Waukesha Christmas parade attack suspect was out on ‘inappropriately low’ bond, DA admits

The man arrested over the deadly Christmas parade attack in Wisconsin should have been behind bars following an arrest earlier this month, but was released on an “inappropriately low” bond days before the attack, the district attorney admitted Monday.

Darrell Brooks, 39, is charged with five counts of intentional homicide over the deadly crash on Sunday in Waukesha that left five dead and at least 48 injured, police said.

Brooks was out on $1,000 cash bail at the time of Sunday’s tragedy after he allegedly punched the mother of his child and purposefully ran her “over with his vehicle” in a Milwaukee gas station parking lot on Nov. 2, according to court documents.

He was arrested and charged that same day with resisting or obstructing an officer, reckless endangering safety, disorderly conduct, bail jumping and battery.

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office said Monday it had launched an internal probe into how Brooks was given such a low bond given the seriousness of the charges and his criminal history.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/waukesha-suspect-darrell-brooks-bond-was-inappropriately-low/
>>
Darrell Brooks is the suspect in the Waukesha Christmas Parade incident. The Milwaukee man has been charged with crimes 10 times since 1999.

The driver who plowed through a Christmas parade in downtown Waukesha, killing five people and injuring nearly 50, did so intentionally and is expected to face first-degree homicide counts and other charges, police said Monday.

The suspect, Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, recently had been released from custody in a strikingly similar case, in which he was accused of driving over a woman during a domestic dispute, sending her to the hospital and leaving tire marks on her pant leg.

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office, which is prosecuting that case, said Monday it was launching an internal review of a prosecutor’s “inappropriately low” $1,000 bail recommendation. The bail amount was signed off on by a court commissioner.
>>
>>966880
>$1000 bail
>for trying to murder the mother of your kids
The fuck
>>
>>966973
Considering this guy is a repeat offender, there was most likely a clerical error.

What do you think the odds are there's a guy in for something minor like petty theft who's got a massive fucking bail for no reason?
>>
>>966880
>an internal probe into how Brooks was given such a low bond given the seriousness of the charges and his criminal history
Because black people get treated better than anyone else by most state district attorneys and courts
>>
>>966975
No. Check the twitter of the DA. He's part of the "reducing racisim in bail and sentencing" crowd.
>>
>>966979
>The "reducing racisim in bail and sentencing" crowd.
Literally just another term for race-based bail
>>
story of my life.
Jewish politicians using nergos as biological weapons against me and my family
>>
>>966978
>Because black people get treated better than anyone else by most state district attorneys and courts

truth.
Black privilege
>>
Literally just let violent monkey free to vent their frustrations over Rittenhouse case. Democrats are deplorable.
>>
>>966880
5 people died, and many children injured.
Shame on you ALL CAPS AUTIE for your frivolous post!
>>
It was during my freshman year of college, May of 1992, when the Los Angeles riots erupted. Fires blazed, and stores were looted and damaged as police tried to regain order in the fragmented community. News stations televised vivid images of the city unraveling in the aftermath of the savage public beating of Rodney King, an unarmed black man. The scene was like watching a modern-day lynching caught on film and pushed out through the media for millions of people to see.

Decades earlier, most of the new black middle class had relocated, leaving behind the problems of the inner city and exercising their modern-day freedoms — earning good-paying jobs, buying homes in more affluent neighborhoods, and using education to paint themselves into the American dream.
A. Hamilton A. Hamilton

I grew up as one of two African American families in our neighborhood, sometimes being mortified by N-word jokes or people who projected their fear and insecurities about black people onto me. When the riots broke out, it seemed like my own frustrations were amplified a hundredfold as I watched the aftermath of the beating, which symbolized the ongoing conflict between black residents and law enforcement. This was living proof that the feeling of oppression still lingered in the everyday lives of poor and rich black Americans, echoing the ill-fated history caused by slavery.

Four hundred years ago, my African ancestors suffered savage, inhumane treatment that changed the course of their lives — and all of the generations that followed, through the present day. Learning about slavery, peace marches, and civil rights demonstrations, all taught from within the boundaries of a white person’s perspective, left me only partially prepared to understand slavery and the remnants that live on today. On this anniversary, I ask everyone to reflect on what the legacy of slavery means to you and how we can collectively learn more about our history to help end racism.
>>
The man accused of plowing his SUV into a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wis., was charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide Tuesday as prosecutors announced that the death toll has risen to six.

Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, of Milwaukee, was led into court in handcuffs, wearing a mask and what appeared to be a green bulletproof vest.

Brooks had his head down and wept several times during the proceedings as the judge read aloud the five charges, each of which carries a mandatory life prison sentence.

Police said Brooks was fleeing the scene of a domestic disturbance late Sunday afternoon when he crashed into the parade-goers. Virginia Sorenson, 79, LeAnna Owen, 71, Tamara Durand, 52, Jane Kulich, 52, and Wilhelm Hospel, 81, were killed.

Waukesha County District Attorney Sue Opper informed the court that a sixth victim, a child, had also died, and prosecutors expect to charge Brooks with a sixth count of first-degree intentional homicide.

Bail was set at $5 million.

“The nature of this offense is shocking,” Waukesha County Court Commissioner Kevin Costello said after setting bail.
>>
>>967002
>*ring* *ring* *ring*
>"Hello? Local jail? This is "the democrats". We need you to release a black person immediately."
>"Sorry, who is this? What are you talking about?"
>"ITS US. THE DEMOCRATS. Release a black person. Any black person. We don't care"
>"Why?"
>"We're so upset about Rittenhouse. Whever we, the democrats, are in a bad mood we call a random judge and force him to release a black people. Its great stress relief."
>>
A GoFundMe page aimed at raising $5 million bail for the Wisconsin man accused of plowing his SUV through a Christmas parade in Waukesha has been taken down — as a victim’s cancer diagnosis was revealed after her death.

Darrell Brooks Jr. was charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide following the holiday event on Sunday. Five people were pronounced dead on the scene while a sixth victim, 8-year-old Jackson Sparks, died days later in an area hospital.

A medical examiner determined that one of the victims, Jane Kulich, was battling uterine cancer, but had not been diagnosed with the disease, CBS News reported.

I was happy to hear that I could at least give my children the thought that maybe a lot of suffering was avoided,” her husband, John Kulich, told “CBS Mornings.”

“At least give my children the thought that, well, maybe God took her so she didn’t have to suffer. And if I could just leave them with that.
>>
MILWAUKEE — The man who turned a quaint, small town Christmas parade into a blood-soaked nightmare that left six dead and over 60 injured is a career criminal who’s spent more than half of his life trapped in a revolving door of incarceration, drug abuse and violence.

Darrell Brooks, 39, allegedly used a red Ford Escape to plow through revelers at an annual Christmas celebration in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on Sunday, but his life of crime started 22 years ago when he was just 17 years old.

Over the next two decades, Brooks would proceed to wreak havoc across three states as he racked up convictions for abusing his partners, raping and impregnating a teenager and a consistent streak of other violent crimes.

A review of his history — patched together from court documents, criminal records, interviews and public records — reveals that all along the way, not a single social safety net caught him, until it was too late
>>
>>967388
In this case the specific Democrat was the da and instead of saying release a black man from from jail he said release a black man from jail if he can come up with $1,000 but only if he's been arrested for trying to murder his ex-wife by running her over in a maroon Ford explorer, and especially if you can find a black man who's already been arrested for bail jumping he would fit what I'm looking for grrreeat
>>
>>968373
>In this case the specific Democrat was the da and instead of saying release a black man from from jail he said release a black man from jail if he can come up with $1,000
And he only said this because he was SO upset about Rittenhouse, right?
>>
My mom is an avid MSNBC watcher and routinely reads the New York Times and Washington Post newsites daily. Today, as we talked before Thanksgiving dinner, I found out she had no idea this had even happened. That's how effectively the liberal establishment media has memory-holed this shit.
>>
>>968376
>And he only said this because he was SO upset about Rittenhouse, right?
No the dude's Facebook page showed he had a strong preference towards forcing "equity" in the justice system so he probably did it to just about every black dude he came across.
I would go so far as to say he probably recommended bail based on the defendant skin color
>>
>>968378
>I would go so far as to say he probably recommended bail based on the defendant skin color
Conservative fan-fiction is so fucking weird.
>>
>>968377
>My mom is an avid MSNBC watcher and routinely reads the New York Times and Washington Post newsites daily.
I got a video of your mom right here https://youtu.be/o8hYrNsRoTs
>>
>>968379
Fact is stranger than fiction
>>
>>968378
My grans is the same way. Doesn't watch anything but MSNBC and CNN.
>>
>>968382
But it isn't fact. Its just a bunch of shit you made up. That's why its called fiction.
>>
>>968385
Anon
You are literally trying to convince people that residents of deep blue cities don't vote blue when you feel that it could be embarrassing to Democrats if that group voted blue

The only fact here is that people who live in deep blue cities are much more likely to vote blue.
And no three paragraph argument you pull out of your ass is going to change that unless you have a fact to back it up
>>
>>966979
^^

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.