[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: order - Copy.jpg (24 KB, 620x335)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Fucking brilliant - there is literally no downside for the GOP supporting federal weed decriminalization. Pretty much only self-indulgent millennial and zoomer fucking idiot democrats smoke copious amount of weed anyway.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/21/cannabis-democrats-republicans-523119

Republicans are warming to weed. Nearly half of Republican voters support federally decriminalizing cannabis, and GOP lawmakers are now beginning to reflect their constituents’ view by increasingly supporting broad legalization at the state and federal level. “We need the federal government just to get out of the way,” said Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), who introduced the first Republican bill in Congress to decriminalize marijuana this past week and pointed to more than 70 percent of Americans supporting the idea.Stronger Republican involvement could hasten a snowball effect on Capitol Hill, where Democrats lead the charge on decriminalization but lack results.

It could also chip away at Democrats’ ability to use cannabis legalization to excite progressives and younger voters as the midterms approach.
>>
noice
>>
>>965958

Fuck the Democrats/Republicans "war on drugs".

It is a money making scam, just like the COVID scamdemic.

Rich get richer,
poor get poorer,
elections be stolen,
blunts still rolling.
>>
congress doesn't have the power to legalize weed.
people who think they do are ignorant of the laws that govern the issue.
>>
Legalization is not going away dude.
>>
>>966212
That doesn't make any sense
>>
>>966212
Oh yeah your the retard from the other day that is says the UN is blocking us form legalizing weed.
We don't do shit else the UN says if we don't want to, and historically we've had no issue disregarding treaties at will.

The only thing blocking weed legalization is American legislators
>>
>>966212
They have the power to get it decriminalize it federally which is the basis for many state and local laws that would be easier to rewrite without federal laws on the book.
Technically, given the constitution grants the right of peaceful association with other living organisms and the right to peacefully assemble one's own brain chemistry, those anti-drug federal laws are not even legal to have on the books in the first place, they were put there by one of the most corrupt presidents in history, Nixon.
>>
>>965958
I haven’t worried about voting since I’ve been buying dispensary weapons grade weed, they may be onto something
>>
>>966305
i can tell that you're emotionally distressed and on the verge of a chimpout by your crude and predictable use of invective. the legal mechanisms in place will continue to govern this issue regardless your emotional state, makes no difference at all how much you impotently screech into the void.
>>
>>966194
These are the people who's vote count equal to mine.
LMAO
>>
>>966331
international law is not legally binding
>>
>>966194
Based, the war on drugs is big gay.
>>966334
Begone pharma shill
>>
Dems will support it mostly in the house, it will get held up in the senate by the GOP old guard and probably a few “centrist dems.”
>>
>>966664
>Dems will support it mostly in the house, it will get held up in the senate by the GOP old guard and probably a few “centrist dems.”

doubt it - its gonna sail right thru congress. The illiberal left wing of the the democratic party (The "progressives") will shit their pants
>>
>>966327
>I haven’t worried about voting since I’ve been buying dispensary weapons grade weed, they may be onto something

Precisely the the people that should not be permitted to vote will be so stoned they won't anyway.
>>
>>966656
UN 1961 Single Convention on Narcotics.

I've known this since I was 12 or about.

UN conventions are binding and enforcable
>>
>>967228
>Muh UN

Please.......
>>
>>967228
>UN conventions are binding and enforcable
Just Google something like "un conventions violated by us" or some shit, we've done it plenty before.
I seem to recall even invading Iraq was a violation of un convention because the UN security council ruled against it
>>
>>967246
>I seem to recall even invading Iraq was a violation of un convention because the UN security council ruled against it
You are deluded, that is a false memory that you are remembering. The New York Times and The Washington Post and Colin Powell and Israel all successfully pushed the "Saddam has uranium" lie on the UN and nobody stood in their way when the 2nd invasion of Iraq took place.
You created your false memory out of thin air in order to keep your cringe
>the Democrats are going to legalize weed any day now!
>two weeks!
fantasy alive. The rumor of impending weed legalization by the Democrats has been circulating since before Jimmy Carter was elected. They have never acted on their promise yet, they don't plan to, the potheads would no longer need to support them if weed were legal. If you want weed its already legal, just grow some and don't tell anyone about it, believing in some crazy fantasy that magical government daddy is going to show up and give it to you for free doesn't work no matter how hard you hope and pray that it will.
>>
>>967228
Again, treaties do not supersede US law
>>
>>967211
The progressive wing of the democratic party is for legalization. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>967318
I think anon was implying that they'd shit their pants because the bill was passed so easily.
>>
>>966194
>Fuck the Democrats/Republicans "war on drugs".
>It is a money making scam, just like the COVID scamdemic.
>Rich get richer,
>poor get poorer,
>elections be stolen,
>blunts still rolling.

^ that.
USA is a fucking "woke" and corrupt corporation now. Umbrella Corporation soon to exist.
>>
>>966656
Fucking moron.
>>
>>965958
I guess doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing is impossible for conservatives.
>>
>>967298
You are unfamiliar with US law, here is Article VI, Clause 2 of the US Constitution, which very clearly states that treaties outrank all other law.
>This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

You and the rest of the potheads have been played like a fiddle by the Democrats for the past 50 years and the Democrats had an easy time doing it because you are devoted to your delusion that legalization is right around the corner.
>vote for mcgovern, hes gonna legalize it!
>two weeks!
>ooops!
>ok vote for carter, hes gonna legalize it for sure
>two weeks!
>ooops, he had 4 years and democrats controlling both houses of congress and he didn't manage to get around to it
>ok vote for mondale, no dukakis, ok clinton is gonna legalize it for sure
>two weeks!
>…
>>
>>965958
Voters might want it, but the elected officials are still blocking it. Look what just happened in South Dakota where Republicans judicial activists override the will of the people.
>>967915
>>
>>967919
what's the motivation here? to keep cartels in power and weed prices high?
>>
>>968032
Republicans want to keep crime high so they can continue justify pumping more military gear into our police forces.
>>
>>968032
>to keep cartels in power
close, the pharmaceutical industry stands to lose a fortune with any form of legalization. their feel-good pills won't sell if the plant isn't strictly controlled and stigmatized.
>>
>>967904
That just means Congress can alter it like any other federal law
>>
The Republicans will fast track legalizing (or at least decriminalizing) weed to insure your typical liberal idiot cannabis user is too stoned to put down the Doritos and vote. There is absolutely no downside to this plan for them.
>>
>>968143
Then they will tax it and set public blood level limits to keep the cash flowing
>>
>>968143
Good good. Go for it.
>>
>>968144
>Then they will tax it and set public blood level limits to keep the cash flowing

Yes. Soma holidays are right around the corner for libs, they'll be taken in zuck's "multiverse" while stoned out of their gourds on legal recreational cannabis. Anyone who thinks "1984" is coming is dead wrong. It's going to be "brave new world".
>>
>>965958

I will blaze whether its legal or not. The law is mad because they have to run around dealing with retards while staying sober lmao.
>>
>>968154
>I will blaze whether its legal or not.

Good. One less "progressive" vote.
>>
If the UN as going to do shit about marijuana legalization they would have done shit when Canada legalized marijuana.
International treaty anon is deluded.
>>
How is this a GOP problem? Obama ran raids during all four years of his presidency. Even the liberal states can't pass decriminalizing it. Now they have full control and still can't do anything. You can't blame non existent opposition forever.
>>
>>968150
1984 isn't coming, you moron. It's already here. The powers that be just manipulated you idiots into doing it yourselves with social media, rather than government mandate.
>>
Legalization isn't going to happen anytime soon because most of the top politicians and lawmakers are essentially big pharma employees, or at least their pet dogs.
Big pharma is rolling in billions of dollars on opioids, and legalization would threaten that.
The states also make a ton of money via their legalized slave trade.
>>
>>968172
>Obama ran raids during all four years of his presidency
>four years
Are you 12?
>>
>>968216
>>968172
I think he means Obama had House and Senate for 4 years, but he said it in such a weird way
>>
>>968468
Then he would still be wrong. Legitimately, he did not know Obama won a second term. He is either an actual shill or underage.
>>
facts of legalization in oregon:
price of a top grade eighth before legalization: $40
price of a top grade eighth after legalization: $50 + 20% sales tax
weight of a top grade eighth before legalization: usually about 4g
weight of a top grade eighth after legalization: 3.5g precisely
price of bulk trim before legalization: $300/lb
price of bulk trim after legalization: $40/ounce - larger bulk amounts unavailable to retail consumers
availability before legalization: 24/7/365, credit available if we know you
availability after legalization: 10am-9pm with I.D. and cash
possession of marijuana seeds before legalization: completely legal
possession of marijuana seeds after legalization: possession of more than 10 seeds is a misdemeanor, more than 20 a felony
public possession of hash oil before legalization: $80 fine for less than an ounce
public possession of hash oil after legalization: misdemeanor unless carried with store receipt proving the hash oil was legally manufactured
regular pubic marijuana enthusiast events before legalization: quarterly - 4/20, hempstalk, harvest bash, secret cup
regular pubic marijuana enthusiast events before legalization: none - public consumption is illegal
price of medical marijuana before commercial legalization: free with doctors note
price of medical marijuana after commercial legalization: full price, but untaxed
industry ownership before legalization: locally owned and operated
industry ownership after legalization: owned by wealthy investors from out of state, john boehner owns a big slice of one of the state's largest corporate dispensary chains
industry demographics before legalization: any color, whoever had the best stuff
industry demographics after legalization: all white
>>
>>968504
>all white
You had me in the first half
>>
>>968542
>all white
its not racism, there a large proportion of jews amongst the whites
>>
>>968504
all of that 20% sales tax goes directly to the cops, it goes into the police budget.
and people in portland are all happily going to the weed store on their way to the "defund the police" protests.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.