[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

As a Portlander, I don't recall seeing (or even hearing) about any riots this time.
>There have been calls for calm in the US after a teenager who shot dead two people during racial unrest last year was cleared of all charges.

>Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, argued he was acting in self-defence when he shot the men and injured a third in Wisconsin.

>The verdict on Friday, which followed a high-profile trial that divided the US, sparked protests in some cities.

>But politicians, including President Joe Biden, and families of the victims have urged restraint.

>"What we need right now is justice, not more violence," lawyers for the family of Gaige Grosskreutz, who was shot and injured by Mr Rittenhouse, said in a statement.

>"I urge everyone to express their views peacefully, consistent with the rule of law," Mr Biden told reporters outside the White House.

>Despite the calls for calm, a riot was declared by police in the city of Portland, Oregon, on Friday evening as some 200 people broke windows and threw objects.

>There were also protests in Chicago and New York, but they were relatively low-key compared to the widespread civil unrest that the US had seen previously.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59358172
>>
>>965900
>threw objects and broke windows
Weak sauce
>>
>>965900
deep down I think most leftists know he was innocent, and they're just virtue signalling because they don't want to admit that wokeness was so wrong about this case
>>
>>965923
>deep down I think most leftists know he was innocent,

they know -
>>
>>965923
I doubt it, some of these people are so ideologically possessed they really can't see anything but "my team vs bad guys". Kyle is a bad guy in their mind no matter what the reality is.
>>
>>965932
>I doubt it, some of these people are so ideologically possessed they really can't see anything but "my team vs bad guys". Kyle is a bad guy in their mind no matter what the reality is.

the left knows all the ire against St. Kyle is in bad faith. They will virtue signal and wail a few days. The Timberland Jogger case should be enough to simmer them down - frying three white dudes who killed a bull that chimped out, charged them, grabbed for the gun? Yeah, injustice like that being served out to whitey will be like a healing balm, lel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oD2P7kWN0
>>
>>965932
pretty much this. You know when they start bringing up racism and white supremacy in a case that doesn't involve any blacks that their arguments are full of shit.

>If a BIPOC was wandering around the protest with a rifle almost constantly at low-ready, they would have either been arrested quickly or just shot by the cops or someone else.

>ah yes, rosenbaum the guy who threw toiletries at him in a plastic bag, that was totally a reasonable person to shoot. He was definitely in fear for his life of death from an unarmed man.

>BLM wouldn't need to protest if white supremacy wasn't an issue. It wouldn't be nearly this fucking vicious, if Trump hadn't been president at the time. He fanned the flames. He convinced li'l Rittenhouse that he'd be a patriot.

>a trump suppporter (read, white supremacist) got another trump supporter (read, white supremacist) off after the second one shot a bunch of people at a protest that was for BLM, and you don't smell the white supremacy here?

>Imagine if it was a black person who showed up to a riot with a gun and shot people.
The only reason that Kyle kid got off was because he was white. Neither the judge nor Prosecution actually wanted to send him to jail, just wanted to pretend like "the law" is the reason he isn't facing the consequences of his actions.

>The judge helped to limit the case against RIttenhouse ONLY to the facts of the specific act, rather than also allow the circumstances surrounding the case to be involved. This behavior would never be allowed by a BIPOC person, as all evidence of words spoken in anger would be found and allowed as evidence.
>>
>>965937
>bringing up racism and white supremacy in a case that doesn't involve any blacks that their arguments are full of shit
Often their arguments are full of shit even when it involves a black person, it's just that when their isn't one their shit is a lot more noticeable
>>
>>965908
This is what Republicans will claim is burning down cities.
>>
>>965962
>250+ buildings in Minneapolis/St. Paul in 2020 alone
>but it wasn't the entire city so it doesn't count
I mean technically we didn't burn down all of Dresden in WW2 so ...
>>
>>965937
>pretty much this. You know when they start bringing up racism and white supremacy in a case that doesn't involve any blacks that their arguments are full of shit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thisssssssss<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>965932
This. It's funny to see them cope with "b-but what if Kyle was black?!", when all that would change in this case is that left would call him
"coon" and "uncle Tom" instead of "white nazi supremacist".
>>
>>965962
When is the riots going to be bigger?
>>
>>965932
>my team vs bad guys
>posts the republican motto and says "it's them, not us!"
>>
>>966086
>it's them, not us!"
Well, in this case he's right so it's not really a fallacy.
There's plenty of instances he may be wrong, but I don't believe the righties are particularly upset or ready to riot over the Rittenhouse verdict
>>
>>966096
>but I don't believe the righties are particularly upset or ready to riot over the Rittenhouse verdict
Less than a week ago there was a thread full of butthurt righties saying Kyle should declare himself innocent in this "sham trial" and that a militia of "millions" should rise up and break him out of jail if he's found guilty. Lets not pretend like the left has some monopoly on being batshit fucking insane whenever their political pet projects are in danger. Of course righties aren't upset - they got what the wanted. When the left wins they gloat and the right seethes. Then the right wins they gloat and the left seethes. This is the cycle of "its them not us" partisan bullshit.
>>
>>966099
>ready to riot over the Rittenhouse verdict
>Less than a week ago there was a thread full of butthurt righties saying Kyle should declare himself innocent in this "sham trial" and that a militia of "millions" should rise up and break him out of jail if he's found guilty.
Lmao I know exactly what you're talking about and it was a single dude who made one post on this topic and it was probably you who mocked him and referenced his wild claim as a spaghetti western dream or some shit.
Don't gaslightt anon, I probably shitpost on here more than you do
>>
>>966099
You shape your world views based on 4chan posts lol.
Thanks for reminding me people like you actually exist lol
>>
>>965900

Kyle the "Kenosha Kid", an American folk HERO now!

Come all you friends and neighbors a story I will tell
Concerning Kyle Rittenhouse and the criminals that he killed,
While in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in sorrow and in strife
A gang of thugs flew upon him they tried to take his life

The raper, Joseph Rosenbaum, was first to strike a blow
But Kyle turned and faced the foe, with his rifle laid him low,
Then little Tony Huber came skating to the fray
But Kyle drew a bead on him and he took his life away

The last to try young Rittenhouse was pistol packing Gaige
But Kyle blew his arm in two and Gaige did run away,
Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent, it's only common sense
For he did not do nothing wrong, he fought in self defense.
>>
>>966099
>Of course righties aren't upset - they got what the wanted. When the left wins they gloat and the right seethes. Then the right wins they gloat and the left seethes.
Seethe.
>>
>>965900
good for him for getting some justice i guess
enjoy your nigger riots
>>
17 year old Kyle calm and civil on one hand
39 year old Darrel's chimpout on the other
>>
>>966407
https://youtu.be/R1JXxxm3thE
>>
The Left will never understand that the mainstream media is not there to tell them news, it's there to sell them a narrative for profit. That's all the Left is good for. Click Bait.
>>
>>966407
Who's Darrel and why are are you so correct?
>>
>>966153
The viewpoints regurgitated here on 4chan represent the culmination of millions of dollars worth of opinion shaping and position pushing by the finest marketing shills the world has ever known.
>>
>>965923
He illegally bought a gun. He drove to another place. He lied about being an EMT. He actively provoked violence and then shot the people he attacked. He got away with crimes because his trial was a sham. How many death threats toward the jurors did we see on this website, let alone twitter and Facebook. Republicans and Nazis cheat is all that was made clear.
>>
>>965962
>>965908
Why do you fags not care about this but care about the capital protests when windows are inherently and undeniably more valuable than politicians lives?
>>968198
>He illegally bought a gun.
CITATION NEEDED
>He drove to another place.
where his dad lives and where he works
> He lied about being an EMT.
there is literally video and witness testimonial showing him giving people aids
>He actively provoked violence and then shot the people he attacked.
how? How did he provoke the convicted serial child rapist? Was it because he was a child and we can't expect BLM members not to rape?
>>
>>968220
>there is literally video and witness testimonial showing him giving people aids
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Oh lad I bet you don’t even know why that’s funny. Where are you from?
>>
>>965966
250 buildings is a long ways away from burning down a city.
>>
>>968198
>He illegally bought a gun
No
>He drove to another place.
Yes
>He lied about being an EMT
Yes
>He actively provoked violence
No
>then shot the people
Yes
>That he attacked
No
>He got away
Yes
>with crimes
No
>Because his trial was a sham
No
> How many death threats toward the jurors did we see on this website
None that I have seen
I remember that MSNBC journalist getting arrested while following juror van trying to photograph it, and I remember all the threats on social media from leftists if they didn't convict
>>
>>968236
Right because that's better. Who cares about a measly 250 buildings?

What about your neighborhood? Pocket change compared to even that.

Right?
>>
>>968198
touch some grass
>>
>>968236
>Not real communism
>Not real CRT
>Not real voter fraud
>Not real rioting
>Not real looting
>Not real arson
Every single time with you people.
Do you not wonder why people claim your kind acts as if reading from a script?
>>
>>968258
Oh the republicans committing voter fraud are very real anon.
Your failure to understand “CRT” is understandable - it would require intelligence and education.
>>
Literal leftists: https://youtu.be/XBtBy4nJ_P0
>>
>>968564
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUrwTEZAjU
>>
>>968564
ok this shit is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHuRO1QXgw
>>
>>968568
Holy shit my sides were in orbit from that one lol
>>
>>968567
Holy fuck these are comedy gold lmao!
>>
>>965932
>my team vs bad guys

you literally just described the right though?

only idiots though he was guilty, anyone who took even 2 minutes to review the case knows everything he did was consistent under winsconsin law. people arent protesting cause hes free, theyre protesting because winsconsin law never should have permitted it in the first place

i.e. open carry of a fuckin ar15 by a 17 year old being what most sane people would think to be illegal, and if it were, he never would have been there to light an obvious powder keg in the first place and those 3 idiots may be alive to face actual justice

(jk theyd be fine, it was kenosha police and the rioters were white)
>>
>>968238
and all the threats from righties if they do convict

please dont act like your side is all saints, its not reasonable for a human being to be that stupid
>>
>>966099
Thanks for having some fucking sense
>>
>>965900
wow

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.