[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Multiple deaths
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/norway-attack-bow-arrow-1.6209668
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/man-kills-several-people-norway-bow-arrow-attacks-police-say-2021-10-13/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/several-people-killed-norway-bow-arrow-attacks-police-say-n1281466
>>
>>944490
WE NEED BOW CONTROL NOW!!!
>>
Fucking metal af
>>
>>944490
>This is somehow just as bad as a mass shooting every few months.
I'd gladly trade mass shooting season for a single fucker murdering people with a bow once in like, 20 years.
>>
>>944518
>a bow once in like, 20 years.
for now
>>
>>944520
Considering the bow as a weapon has existed for hundreds of years and we don't track fucking bow violence rates in the modern years, yes.
>>
>>944518
>20 years
norway has like 5 million people and bravik was only 10 years ago
>>
>>944552
Bravik didn't use a bow and arrow. Bombs are already illegal in like, every developed country, and even then bombings aren't nearly as common as mass shootings are in the US.
>>
>>944555
>Bombs are already illegal in like, every developed country, and even then bombings aren't nearly as common as mass shootings are in the US.
Bombs are legal in the USA. literally just costs a $200 tax stamp. And attempted bombings happen all the god damn time world wide
>>
>>944565
Yeah, shitty attempts by amateurs. There's a reason you don't hear of mass casualty bombings every few months, but if you look around you can find tons of shitheads who sent duds and promptly got caught.

It's much harder to use a bomb then a gun.
>>
>>944569
>Yeah, shitty attempts by amateurs. There's a reason you don't hear of mass casualty bombings every few months,
because no one cares about news in places like Africa and the middle east
>It's much harder to use a bomb then a gun.
t. has never shot a gun
>>
>>944575
Yeah, because shooting someone requires so much more training then knowing how to make, hide, and then remotely detonate an explosive device without anyone catching you.
>>
>>944577
t. has never shot a gun
>>
>>944580
I think we was being sarcastic
>>
>>944552
This, your burgers need to ban niggers, not guns.
>>
>>944490
Meanwhile in just one US liberal city:
Chicago shootings: At least 39 shot, 3 fatally, in weekend gun violence, police say
https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-violence-shootings-gun/11110391/

CNN: RIGHT WING TERRORIST BOW ATTACK. SUSPECT UNIDENTIFIED.
READ ABOUT THE HISTORY OF RIGHT WING TERROR IN NORWAY HERE.
>>
>>944588
Probably cowering up for blacks shooting each other.
>>
>>944588
>UNIDENTIFIED
He has been, his name is Sam Hyde
>>
>>944490
Chicago with a population of 2,746,388 in the 2020 census with current population of Norway is 5,475,439

Norway is more fucking liberal as Chicago. what should i read here my little Shlomo?
>>
>>944593
Social Democratic liberalism only works in white ethno states
>>
>>944490
We can own firearms, but you gotta sensationalize everything.

How’s that mass shooter statistics going, btw?
>>
But I thought Norway was mostly African immigrants.
>>
>>944604
pretty good. 2020 was the lowest year on record and they were trending down, but then biden got elected and had feddies shoot people and pretend to be normal people
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2019-042820.pdf/view
https://www.winknews.com/2020/12/29/in-a-year-of-pain-one-silver-lining-fewer-mass-shootings/
>>
>>944598

wait. you think Norway is a working country? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 40& of Norways population is bankrupt by all means of EU regulations. This is why they were refusing to join in a first place.
>>
>>944593
Why only city center? It’s more like 9,618,502.
>>
>>944663
>40& of Norways population is bankrupt

Wow. News to us.
>>
>>944490
Can anyone confirm it was a kebab and not another Breivik?
>>
>>944778
islamic convert lol another incel with weak motives
>>
>>944778
Kebab means Turk you moron, theres been like 0.5 Turkish terror attacks
>>
>>944593
>>944598
>>944775
americans should stop attempting politics, it just looks embarrassing
>>
>>944810
Since when does that ever stop them?
>>
>>944778
>Can anyone confirm it was a kebab
Much worse. He's Danish.
>>
>>944780
This. Turks and Arabs hate each other. Completely different ancient tribes. Culturally Turks have more in common with Uyghurs than with Syrians.
>>
>>944490
>norway has one mass murder in the past decade, using an unconvential weapon because most guns are banned
>meanwhile the US has weekly mass shootings with rifles and handguns and smaller shootouts on a daily basis
This is supposed to prove gun control is ineffective how? Obviously some murders will still happen regardless, people have been murdering's each other since the paleolithic ape man first picked up a rock, the point is that murder becomes far more difficult and thus less frequent.
>>
>>944821
Norway barely has 6 million people living in the whole country. The United States has at least 330 million people. If Norway had that many people there would be a similar level of violent incidents.
>>
>>944823
Closer to 5 million, but that's besides the point. Even if you compare Norway to individual states like Colorado (5.7 million people), Colorado has far more mass killings. Just this year we've had both the Boulder and Colorado Springs shootings, with a total of 17 dead. In the past decade Colorado has had 3 mass shootings with over 5 casualities (Boulder, Colorado Springs, and Aurora) and many more smaller ones, meanwhile this is the first mass killing in Norway since Breivik.

>b-but black people
None of the shootings I mentioned were commited by black people. Regardless Norway's black population is 2%, Colorado's is only 4%, it's not a very significant difference. The US has a gun problem, not a population or demographics problem.
>>
>>944520
Using a bow to kill is hard. Even with a modern sports bow with aiming assistance. He killed 5 of 7 targets. That precision takes thousands of hours of practice.
>>
>>944829
You also need to be very fit to have the strength necessary to pull back a bowstring, it's not the kind of weapon your average incel would-be mass shooter could use. There's a reason even the earliest and shittiest forms of guns quickly replaced bows for military use despite their inaccuracy, unreliableness, and high cost - even the most mediocre soldier can learn to shoot a rifle with a couple weeks of training, but archery is a skill that needs years of practice.
>>
>>944831
>>944829
Guns bring equity and allow women to be mass shooters too.
>>
>>944827
I don't know where to look up figures for Norwgian violent crime statstics, but I would be willing to bet that the number of violent crimes such as rape and domestic violence is about the same per capita in both countries.
>>
>>944829
So the "while you were having premarital sex I studied the bow" meme is real?
>>
>>944588
>Meanwhile
Gun control now
>>
A 37-year-old man Espen Andersen Brathen.

Officials said earlier Thursday that the assailant was a Danish citizen who lived in the town and who had converted to Islam.

The police chief said that the last time concerns about the suspect’s radicalization had been brought to the police’s attention was last year, but he did not say who had contacted them with those concerns. He said only that the police had followed up on multiple reports.
pic of killer
https://files.catbox.moe/cubgz2.webp
Sounds like a looney using Islam as an excuse
>>
>>944827
Mass shootings are scary, and get talked about all the fucking time on Twitter and tv, but I assure you they are a decided tiny minority of overall gun deaths
>>
>>944831
You don't have to be very fit. Just not a weakling with twig arms. An untrained woman can get strong enough with a few weeks of periodic training. Aiming is a different story. He aimed at moving targets. I think archery was his passion for a long time. Now he finally found the courage to live the dream and go on a hunt. I bet it felt awesome.
>>
>>944490
yeah, guns weren't the problem right wing schizos are.
>>
Imagine if the gangs in Chicago were forced to use bows and arrows. Holy shit I would pay top dollar to see that.
>>
>>944810
yuros are subhuman
>>944821
>>meanwhile the US has weekly mass shootings with rifles and handguns and smaller shootouts on a daily basis
Rifles are almost never ever used in murders and there are not weekly mass shootings. There were 2 in 2020 and 12 in 2019 and 10 in 2018. Quit lying Karen
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2019-042820.pdf/view
https://www.winknews.com/2020/12/29/in-a-year-of-pain-one-silver-lining-fewer-mass-shootings/
> the point is that murder becomes far more difficult and thus less frequent.
more people are punched and kicked to death in the USA than murdered with rifles of all kinds
>>944827
One of those shootings was buy a muslim
>>944980
democrats do the majority of gun murders in the USA
>>
>>945078
You realize our gun violence rate is much higher then theirs for a reason right?

And don't say "Black people don't count".
>>
>>945107
It literally is democrats
Schleimer, J.P., McCort, C.D., Shev, A.B. et al. Firearm purchasing and firearm violence during the coronavirus pandemic in the United States: a cross-sectional study. Inj. Epidemiol. 8, 43 (2021).
Republicans buying guns does not correlate to non DV gun violence. Democrats buying guns does.
>>
>>944831
composite bows require almost no effort to draw. a literal child can do it
>>
>>945116
>composite bows require almost no effort to draw.
You know what else makes no effort to draw?
The conclusion that Biden factually abused his power while in office in order to get his son off the hook with a corruption investigation and then later bragged about it
>>
>>945117
thats only the beginning of the liberal elites abuse of power. do you know how many children they sacrifice every hour in order to appease satans bloodlust? ill give you a hint, its more than 665
>>
>>945119
Satan is a Christian god. Liberals are atheists. Atheists don't worship Satan. Christians do.
>>
>>945119
>Implying that only Democrats do this
https://youtu.be/_574Rxxez2c
>>
>>944490
The murder rate in the US is astronomically high for a developed nations. Even if you subtract all the gang related killings (13% of murders), its still literally multiple times higher than Canada, France, Germany, the UK, Australia etc. etc. If you actually took the time to look at the states with the highest murder rates, and not just the most murders, you would see that the top 5 states with the highest murder rates (LA, AL, MI, MO, and AK) are all Republican states. 75% of these homicides are committed with firearms. These are all numbers about homicides, not gun deaths. People also love to fuckin talk about how most gun deaths are suicides, as if that somehow makes it better. The US also has a suicide rate thats way above average for a 1st world nation.
>>
>>945119
this has to be one of the most retarded sentences i read in a while. god bless your autistic soul...LOL
>>
>>945146
god bless your soul. your logic is down syndrome tier. ROFL
>>
>>945119
>children they sacrifice every hour in order to appease satan
>satan
Aw, look: it's reduced to fairytales. Bless.
>>
>>944821
Taking away rights from law abiding citizens because niggers and trailer trash cant behave is unamerican. Anyone who is that terrified of guns is free to move to one of the many countries with strict gun control.
>>
>>945185
>Even if you subtract all the gang related killings (13% of murders)
where are you getting this number from? Cite your sources Chang.
> its still literally multiple times higher than Canada, France, Germany, the UK, Australia etc. etc.
Because the majority of our murders are done by black gang members vs other black gang members. Blacks constantly do more than 50% of the murders
>you would see that the top 5 states with the highest murder rates (LA, AL, MI, MO, and AK) are all Republican states.
4 of those 5 states have a massive black population that does the majority of murders there.
>75% of these homicides are committed with firearms. These are all numbers about homicides, not gun deaths.
More people are beaten to death with hands and feet than killed with rifles and handguns are explicitly protected by the constitution, chang. Deal with it.
>People also love to fuckin talk about how most gun deaths are suicides, as if that somehow makes it better. The US also has a suicide rate thats way above average for a 1st world nation.
So you solved this by banning gun owners from seeing mental health professionals via red flag laws.
I am under no circumstances surrendering my guns because I don't trust you and your ilk not to try to genocide me
>>
>>945215
It's a simple fact, you drooling retard. Christians worship Christian gods. Nobody else. Souls are pseudo-scientific nonsense btw. Go to school and learn how humans really work.
>>
>>944490
Wonder what his score would’ve been if he could get a real weapon
>>
>>944823
No it wouldn't unless 13% of it's population were black.
>>
>>944827
>muh gun problem
>completely cherry picks a random state
>blacks commit more than half of all violent crimes
Go donate more to the DNC.
>>
>>945412
>cherry pick
>random
Pick one
>>
>>944569
If you are a subhuman room temperature IQ gorilla nigger then maybe. Most white kids know how to make a potato gun.
>>
>>945247
>Anyone who is that terrified of guns is free to move to one of the many countries with strict gun control.

>>945444

>British lawmaker David Amess, a member of Boris Johnson's ruling Conservative Party, has died after being stabbed multiple times at a constituency meeting east of London.

Do you have a license for that opinion?
>>
>>944832
And yet do they put in the effort to close the gap? Nope. Typical.
>>
>>944957
>Just not a weakling with twig arms
Still rules out most incels.
>>
>>945072
Offer free trade-ins of firearms for crossbows, increase the penalties for guncrime and decrease the penalties for bow crime, then just sit back and see what happens.
>>
>>944957
>I bet it felt awesome.
you will always be a beta-male
>>
>>944555
99% of "mass shootings" are just city gang violence.
We have a nigger problem, not a gun problem.
>>
>>945689
gang members don't get charged with gun crimes so they don't care. Gun laws are the first thing that gets pled down if you are a criminal. The only people actually charged with gun crimes are legal gun owners who didn't commit any actual crimes being hit with a technicality
>>
>>945755
>>945766
how many nigga are living in Haifa?

https://youtu.be/ki-6IK5NCdQ
>>
>>944525
We didn't have mass shootings in the states either until the media started hyping them into the pop culture. Now every lunatic just has to use an AR-15 because it gives them style points.
But you're right. A bow is a ridiculous weapon for killing multiple people. Usually someone lacking a gun just goes for fire or explosives, which are both more reliable ways to kill many people than guns or bows.
>>
>>945778
truck of peace
>>
>>945778
>We didn't have mass shootings in the states either until the media started hyping them into the pop culture.
The rise of mass shootings coincides with the rise of ultraviolent TV and video game entertainment products for children. Video game corporations sell literal mass shooting training simulators to little boys. Protected by the first amendment, because "art".

>A bow is a ridiculous weapon for killing multiple people. Usually someone lacking a gun just goes for fire or explosives, which are both more reliable ways to kill many people than guns or bows.
You're put too much weight on the results and too little on the action. Hunting with a gun is boring. A trained monkey can do it. Hunting with a bow is fun.
>>
>>945778
>Now every lunatic just has to use an AR-15 because it gives them style points.
Rifles are rarely used in murders in general, but AR-15s are close to if not the most popular centerfire rifle for sale at this point in the country because they are cheap as fuck, shoot cheap ammo, and have amazing aftermarket support and are standardized across pretty much all manufacturers.
It's like saying most traffic accidents are done with a ford F-series pickup or honda accord because of the prolific sales of those 2 cars
>>
>>945829
Mass shooters are typically gun retarded and just buy whatever they think is the best mass shooting gun or will give them the biggest audience. Being the most popular rifle pushes the former, but "AR-15" being such a pearl clutcher jimmy rustler pushes the latter.
>>
>>945778
>>945824
The rise of mass shootings also is correlated with woketivism, corporitization, globalization, my age, your age, equity laws, the number of illegals, the price of bitcoin or Ethereum, the size of my penis when I see your mom, and inversely correlated with percentages of those who trust the media (except for Democrats), the value of the dollar, the portion of us population which holds 40% of the wealth, and the size of my penis when i see your grandmother
>>
>>944592
hckgawi
>>
>>945732
ouch right in the cahoonies
>>
>>947701
Excessive retard post. Correlation is not causation but it is a hint to investigate further when the link seems substantial. None of those things have a causal link to shootings, but the link to glorification is confirmed by statements made by mass shooters.
>>
>>947886
one of the big things is people using GVA definition over the FBI one. GVI tends to have like 350ish+ more per year than the FBI has
>>
>>945732
>OOGA BOOGA U BETA ME ALPHA
You have to be 18 to post here, anon.
>>
>>944912
>Sounds like a looney using Islam as an excuse
if he was a far-right loser the media would be talking about the dangers of being radicalized into this dangerous ideology now
instead it's the usual "muslims afraid of retaliation" shit
>>
>>949248
>muh it's not islam's fault

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.