[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: haugenglow.png (357 KB, 799x450)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/whistleblower-frances-haugen-to-meet-with-facebook-oversight-board/ar-AAPnYX7

Totally not staged Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen will meet with the social network's independent court-like oversight board in the coming weeks to discuss her concerns about the company, the Facebook Oversight Board said Monday.

Haugen has set off a firestorm around the social media giant in recent weeks after she leaked thousands of pages of documents that just so happened to agree with the narrative of increased censorship to lawmakers and the Wall Street Journal. Earlier this month, the 37-year-old former Facebook product manager revealed her identity on "60 Minutes" in an interview in which she said Facebook has repeatedly prioritized profits over public good. In a Senate subcommittee hearing last week, Haugen detailed a range of concerns, including that the company knows it is serving harmful, eating disorder-related content to young users and that the use of Facebook by authoritarian leaders could present national security concerns.

"In light of the serious claims made about Facebook by Ms. Haugen, who is totally not engaged in a glowie psyop, we have extended an invitation for her to speak to the Board over the coming weeks, which she has accepted," This is not suspicious in any way.

Haugen confirmed on Twitter Monday that she had accepted the invitation to "brief the Facebook Oversight Board about what I learned while working there." Also anyone who suspects this was planned from the start is a far right crazy conspiracy theorist.
>>
>>944216
I don't get what you think the goal is for her. She has done nothing but hurt the stock price of Facebook since her allegations came out.
>>
>>944804
Oh to be this naive.
>>
>>944814
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>944804
Facebook is volunteering to be the eyes and ears of the statsi that will oppress us all. She's whistleblowing that Facebook isn't oppressive enough.
>>
>>944839
>In a Senate subcommittee hearing last week, Haugen detailed a range of concerns, including that the company knows it is serving harmful, eating disorder-related content to young users and that the use of Facebook by authoritarian leaders could present national security concerns.
How did you get "not oppressive enough" out of this?
>>
>>944840
Oh no!
We need even more Authoritarian control and censorship to save The Children and stop Authoritarian ideas!
>>
>>944841

Ayy, spotted this on some /g/ thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27l9aJ5KcLg
>>
>>944841
"Authoritarian" seems to be a trigger word for you,

>>944848
>152 subscribers
That sounds about right.
>>
>>944849
>Cares more about how many subs a random shit-tuber has than the argument being made

lmao.
>>
>>944853
Yes. The less subscribers a channel has the more likely the content of the video is to be bullshit, with few exceptions.
>>
>>944854

I don't really give a fuck since it's not my content, but you realize that's a bandwagon fallacy right?

>"Ooga booga this shittuber isn't as famous as some other shittubers I watch therefore the arguments being made are wrong"

This is unironically how hilariously retarded you sound.
>>
>>944855
Are you kidding? Citing a youtube video is an order of magnitude worse than citing a Wikipedia article. Next you will tell me rumble has some worthy content on it and bitchute is a legitimate research tool.
>>
>>944858
>Gets called out on bandwagon fallacy
>Swaps to genetic fallacy

Topkek.

We got ourselves a live retard here folks.
>>
>>944858
https://www.bitchute.com/video/wZZ8uuk5t7sZ/
>>
>>944861
>youtube is a valid and legitimate source for information
>muh /pol/ fallacy chart
Holy shit I still can't believe you are unironically trying to stand by this. Let me guess, you post-ironically get everything you know about Covid19 from similar youtube/rumble/bitchute channels.
>>
>>944865
>Logic and reason don't matter because there's a chart on /pol/

L
M
A
O

Please keep posting. This is fucking gold. I'm actually in tears from laughing.
>>
>>944849
>"Authoritarian" seems to be a trigger word for you,(sic)
?
>>
>>944866
Maybe you should post another video from a 150 subscriber youtube channel that "proves" your point using logic and reason.
>>
>>944867
He's a retard making retarded arguments. He probably doesn't even realize he is talking to more than one person. Don't question him. Just laugh.
>>
>>944869
Good projection.
>>
>>944870
https://i.imgur.com/ES9cjw1.png
>>
>>944869
I was kind of curious about what he even thought the reply was supposed to mean.
Just seems like he feels a need to reply even without anything to say.
>>
>>944872
It was because you used the word Authoritarian twice in your post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.
>>
>>944875
Was it a bot reply or something?
That still says nothing about what the reply was supposed to mean, of course it used the same word twice to point out that they are using the same actions while they claim they want to prevent certain actions.
>>
>>944917
He didn't know what it was supposed to mean even as he posted it.
>>
Does this have anything to do with that whole thing about Facebook overpaying a fine 10x to the us government so that they wouldn't indict Zucker?
I seem to recall just like a month ago there was some big story about Facebook being charged $500mil for some privacy violation and they were going to indict Zuckerberg, and then Facebook agreed to pay $6 billion dollars for it all to go away..

And of course the US government officials accepted this money and made it all go away
>>
>>944929
>Does this have anything to do with that whole thing about Facebook overpaying a fine 10x to the us government so that they wouldn't indict Zucker?

No.

It's just a shitty whistleblower whose revelations don't actually tell us anything that anyone with a triple digit IQ didn't already know, and the establishment media dishonestly giving her undeserved attention because her ideology aligns with their own corporate interests.
>>
>>944804
>she

that is 'fo sho a tranny
>>
>>944216
But Facebook has repeatedly pursued profits over the public good. For example they have been implicated in ethnic violence in Ethiopia and Myanmar. It's not just a "hurr I can't say the n-word on facebook without getting banned" thing, bad actors are using the platform to spread misinformation and chaos throughout the world for their own personal benefit. It's a terrible website and a terrible company.
>>
>>946554
>It's not just a "hurr I can't say the n-word on facebook without getting banned" thing

There's the retarded strawman, in all its glory.

"YoU jUsT doN'T LiKE CeNSorShiP beCaUsE YoU RaYCis!"

And of course, the seething over Ethiopa/Myanmar without actually having an understanding of the scenario or laws surrounding it.
>>
>>946559
Then please, enlighten me on Ethiopia and Myanmar since you seem so enlightened on the subjects. Surely you aren’t just simping for a megacorporation?
>>
such an organic event.
most definitely not being done to increase government power
>>
>>944865
>RATIONALITY IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST DOGWHISTLE BECAUSE THERE BE A LOGIC CHART ON POL!!!!11eleven!!

Jesus Christ my dude go back to reddlt and stay there.
>>
>>948457
How about isntead you go whine about your victimhood on twitter and then everyone will be happy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.