[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1631719636694.jpg (165 KB, 840x589)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
A third dose of Pfizer’s Covid vaccine six months after a second shot restores protection from infection to 95% in a real-world setting in Israel, according to data submitted by the company to the Food and Drug Administration.

While the effectiveness of the mRNA vaccine wanes over time, a booster shot was shown to elicit an immune response similar to the protection generated after a second dose, Pfizer said in a 52-page presentation released by the agency Wednesday.

Pfizer said data from Israel’s Covid vaccination program administering boosters to the entire population show that a third shot “has a reactogenicity profile similar to that seen after receipt of the second primary series dose and restores high levels of protection against Covid-19 outcomes (back to approximately 95% protection).” The data was collected from July 1 through Aug. 30 when the delta variant was surging throughout the country.

The FDA released the data as the agency faces pressure from the Biden administration to authorize booster shots for the general population as early as next week.

Based on the data, Pfizer said it “is requesting licensure of a booster dose of [the Pfizer vaccine] administered intramuscularly approximately 6 months after dose 2 in individuals greater than 16 years of age.”

The company also included data from a Phase 3 trial of about 300 people aged 19 to 55. One-third of participants were overweight and one-third were obese, according to the documents.

The report is meant to brief the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, which meets Friday to review the request by Pfizer and its coronavirus vaccine partner, BioNTech, to approve Covid booster doses for the general public. The documents published offer a glimpse of the FDA’s view on third shots.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/covid-boosters-pfizer-says-israel-data-shows-third-shot-restores-efficacy-to-95percent.html
>>
>>929206
I thought they were developing a new vaccine to target delta. How far away do they think that is if they're going ahead with boosters of the same old shot?
>>
>>929206
Yeah, I'm totally going to trust a company when they talk up their own product.
>>
>>929206
>Its a vaccine which gives you 95% immunity
>you just need a booster shot every 3 months
>>
>>929206
>>restores 95% protection for 3-5 months if your lucky, then time for your next quarterly shot.
Wow, antivax bros btfo I guess.
Let's pack it up and head home.
Fucking lol
>>
>>929233
The 95% is bullshit, always was.
You're just being lied to again and again.
>>
>>929206
You will take a shot every morning after brushing teeth or you are antivaxer
>>
>>929206
Nobody seems to know what the long term plan with this vaccine is. That's a reason why I'm hesitant on taking it right now.
Do we need boosters or not? How often do we need them? Some people have already taken boosters and now they say they are unnecessary. Next week it'll change again. We rolled this out to the masses without having this basic knowledge known.
>>
>>929254
Why?
>>
>>929270
Just trust the science bro! The science! The science! By the experts! The Experts!
>>
>>929273
>Just trust the science bro! The science! The science! By the experts! The Experts!
Oh I do trust the science, vaccines do have quite high efficacy. I also trust numbers regarding mortality and long-term injury, which are very low for both in below 60 healthy age group. inb4 "long-covid". If you've done your fucking research you'd note that it is 1. predominantly those who were ventilated, which is common with ventilation to begin with, 2. mostly mild, 3. extremely unlikely to be permanent.
>>
>>929206
0 shots, no masks, 100% protection.corona once again comes second to superior immune system.
>>
>>929270
It's funny. I've had every child vaccine offered, and haven't thought twice of it, as they are the result of decades of scientific trials. Yet, because I don't want to blindly take some newly developed vaccine that has forgone all previous established tests and trial periods and stages I'm somehow against the concept of vaccination.
>>
Now when Pfizer is fully approved by FDA, is it safe to get pfizer shot? Can we trust FDA?
>>
>>929509
Approved in the span of 1/10th of all other vaccines? Nah, I don't trust that at all. I'm still set on waiting 10 years before getting anything.
>>
>>929514
Maybe with new technologies the testing period has shortened to 1 year, don't you think?
>>
>>929515
Sure. But the way the vaccine was turned into politics also made me highly suspicious.
Had they released the vaccine and said "we recommend you to take it" and left it at that I would have been fine with it.
Enforcing it? No way José.
>>
>>929516
I believe they enforce vaccination in order to cut as much losses as possible. The faster we all act the less people die. Although I agree that enforcing fuels conspiracy theories
>>
>>929517
My issue is that they are doing it for a disease with less than 1% deathrate.
Here's the statistics for my country: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/aa41b29149f24e20a4007a0c4e13db1d
0,7% of infected has died.

Here you can see that spread in age brackets: https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/ugentlige-opgorelser-med-overvaagningsdata
You need to be 60 to even reach 1% risk of death.

So yeah, in this case I'm going to quote Ronald Regan: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."
>>
>>929233
I don't get the same flu shot every yr.
This is rigged science.
>>
>>929522
I bet this 95% only helps senoirs who had a poor antibody response the first and 2nd time and also the first 2 shots were too close together

Everyone else wait til they come up with a altered vaccine for the Delta
>>
>>929386
>admits vaccines work.
>still wont get it.
>thinks risking extremely infectious diseases is less dangerous than literally free vaccine.

Honestly maybe it's good the pandemic is lasting so long. Evolution is finally getting to work on you dumbasses.
>>
>>929206
Looks like these wonderful new revolutionary mRNA vaccines we were told would be so much more effective than regular vaccines are turning out to be complete garbage, who would have guessed
>>
>>929525
A free vaccine that still lets you catch and spread said extremely infectious disease
>>
>>929525
nothing is free
>>
>>929519
Based Ronald Regan
>>
>>929525
>hinks risking extremely infectious diseases is less dangerous than literally free vaccine.
I never said it was less dangerous and I never said I wasn't vaccinated.

These vaccines clearly aren't a long-term solution, the mortality is low for non-core age groups, LTI is disputed, and likely overstated due to heavy literature focus.

Why must you leap to assumptions? Do you feel that your adversary, if you want to call me that, has to be reduced to a simplistic set of beliefs easily discredited for your position to be valid? I don't know, think about that.
>>
>>929517
If you believe the government and shady pharmaceutical companies have your best interests in mind then I'm not sure what to say other than you're naive.
>>
>>929586
He's using the argument that the vaccine is free as a reason to take it. That's the retardation you can never reason with.
>>
>>929525
>>thinks risking extremely infectious diseases is less dangerous than literally free vaccine.
risking an extremely infectious disease with a high survival rate to form natural antibodies is less risky then taking an experimental gene therapy they changed the definition of vaccine to include whose makers made a secret deal with the government for every citizen of almost every country on earth to be on the line for for perpetuity with a high falloff rate of immunity that is free to you FOR NOW

Have fun in the hermetically sealed salt mines where you only get your daily dose if you meet production and if you don't for a week your face starts melting off
>>
>>929206

sheeps gonna love this news, their masters has commanded them to take another chemical into their body like a mindless goons, hahahaha

obey the dark master, TAKE THE VACCINE, be a GOOD SHEEP
>>
>>929659
That's what these people said too, and look where it got them:
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
>>
>>929206

i trust Pfizer.. i think everyone american should get 3 jabs every 9 month for the next 5 years mandatory.
>>
>>929659
it's like you actually want a fat rubber tube rammed down your throat.
>>
>>929739
all i really want is for you fucking schizos to leave me alone.
>>
>>929746
>>929739

same faggot detected, Cope
>>
>>929746
i'll stop picking on you if you stfu and ftfo - deal ?
>>
>>929752
>leave me alone
>only if you do what I want
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>929752
You internet bullies and internet stalkers need to be gassed. I hope friend Google will put an end to internet anonymity and exterminate you vermin.
>>
>>929759
ah, so you're anti authoritarian but want google to dox and murder everybody ? perhaps you're not really all that principled at all, are in fact just dumb and contrarian.
>>
>>929746
relax, dudess
he meant his cock, not the ventilator tube
>>
>>929764
>everybody on the internet is asocial vermin just like me
Did I mention that you psychopaths need to be gassed?
>>
>>929774
But that's not made of rub- Oh, right trannies can be FtM as well.
>>
There're still parts of the world where people who want a first course are the vaccine can't get one. It's much better with respect to disease control to aid those parts of the world with limited vaccine supply than start handing out boosters to the general public.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.