[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 38 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/woodward-book-trump-nuclear/index.html
Washington (CNN)Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, 'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.'
Milley worried that Trump could 'go rogue,' the authors write.
"You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.
>>
In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.
"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.
"Got it?" Milley asked, according to the book.
"Yes, sir."
'Milley considered it an oath,' the authors write.
>>
Peril" is based on more than 200 interviews with firsthand participants and witnesses, and it paints a chilling picture of Trump's final days in office. The book, Woodward's third on the Trump presidency, recounts behind-the-scenes moments of a commander in chief unhinged and explosive, yelling at senior advisers and aides as he desperately sought to cling to power.
It also includes exclusive reporting on the events leading up to January 6 and Trump's reaction to the insurrection, as well as newly revealed details about Trump's January 5 Oval Office showdown with his vice president, Mike Pence.
Woodward and Costa obtained documents, calendars, diaries, emails, meeting notes, transcripts and other records.
The book also examines Joe Biden's decision to run for office again; the first six months of his presidency; why he pushed so hard to get out of Afghanistan; and how he really feels about Trump. CNN obtained a copy of "Peril" ahead of its release on September 21.

You know he's crazy'
Milley's fear was based on his own observations of Trump's erratic behavior. His concern was magnified by the events of January 6 and the 'extraordinary risk' the situation posed to US national security, the authors write. Milley had already had two back-channel phone calls with China's top general, who was on high alert over the chaos in the US.
Then Milley received a blunt phone call from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the book. Woodward and Costa exclusively obtained a transcript of the call, during which Milley tried to reassure Pelosi that the nuclear weapons were safe.
Pelosi pushed back.
"What I'm saying to you is that if they couldn't even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?"
Pelosi continued, "You know he's crazy. He's been crazy for a long time."
>>
According to Woodward and Costa, Milley responded, "Madam Speaker, I agree with you on everything."

After the call, Milley decided he had to act. He told his top service chiefs to watch everything "all the time." He called the director of the National Security Agency, Paul Nakasone, and told him, "Needles up ... keep watching, scan." And he told then-CIA Director Gina Haspel, "Aggressively watch everything, 360."
The authors write, 'Milley was overseeing the mobilization of America's national security state without the knowledge of the American people or the rest of the world.'
Woodward and Costa also write that 'some might contend that Milley had overstepped his authority and taken extraordinary power for himself,' but he believed his actions were 'a good faith precaution to ensure there was no historic rupture in the international order, no accidental war with China or others, and no use of nuclear weapons.'
Trump going rogue
Milley's fear that Trump could do something unpredictable came from experience. Right after Trump lost the election, Milley discovered the President had signed a military order to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by January 15, 2021, before he left the White House.
The memo had been secretly drafted by two Trump loyalists. No one on the national security team knew about it, according to the book. The memo was eventually nullified, but Milley could not forget that Trump had done an end run around his top military advisers.
Woodward and Costa write that after January 6, Milley 'felt no absolute certainty that the military could control or trust Trump and believed it was his job as the senior military officer to think the unthinkable and take any and all necessary precautions.'
Milley called it the 'absolute darkest moment of theoretical possibility,' the authors write.
"Peril" is one of several books released this year that have documented the tumultuous final days of Trump's presidency.
>>
In "I Alone Can Fix It," Washington Post reporters Phil Rucker and Carol Leonnig detailed how Milley discussed a plan with the Joint Chiefs to resist potential illegal orders from Trump amid fears that he or his allies might attempt a coup.
'Wag the Dog'
Woodward and Costa write that top national security officials were worried Trump might pull a "Wag the Dog" -- provoking a conflict domestically or abroad to distract from his crushing election loss.
When Trump refused to concede in November 2020, Haspel warned Milley, "We are on the way to a right-wing coup. The whole thing is insanity. He is acting out like a six-year-old with a tantrum." Haspel also worried that Trump would try to attack Iran.
"This is a highly dangerous situation. We are going to lash out for his ego?" she asked Milley, according to the book.
President Donald Trump speaks in the Diplomatic Room of the White House on November 26, 2020.
President Donald Trump speaks in the Diplomatic Room of the White House on November 26, 2020.
Even some of Trump's most loyal advisers privately expressed concern after the election. Then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Milley that Trump was "in a very dark place right now."
Milley had just one goal: ensuring a peaceful transfer of power on January 20. As he told Pompeo, "We've got a plane with four engines and three of them are out. We've got no landing gear. But we're going to land this plane and we're going to land it safely."
>>
We're going to bury Biden on January 6th'
"Peril" offers a behind-the-scenes account of Trump's refusal to concede the election and how those around him tried -- and failed -- to contain his desperation.
On November 4, the day after the election, Trump seemed privately ready to acknowledge defeat, asking adviser Kellyanne Conway, "How the hell did we lose the vote to Joe Biden?" But after making phone calls to loyalists, including Rudy Giuliani, Trump embraced the false and damaging conspiracy theories of election fraud.
Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump took a light touch, the authors write, and Kushner told aides he did not want to be the point person for an intervention. Then-Attorney General William Barr tried to talk sense into Trump, telling him the claims of fraud were bogus. "The problem is this stuff about the voting machines is just bullshit," Barr said, according to the book.
"Your team is a bunch of clowns," he told Trump.
President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani speaks to supporters from The Ellipse near the White House on January 6, 2021.
President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani speaks to supporters from The Ellipse near the White House on January 6, 2021.
According to the book, a key figure from Trump's earliest days as president reemerged: former White House adviser Steve Bannon. The authors write that Bannon, who had been indicted in April 2020 and later pardoned by Trump, played a critical role in the events leading up to January 6.
On December 30, Bannon convinced Trump to come back to the White House from Mar-a-Lago to prepare for the events of January 6, the date Congress would certify the election results.
"You've got to return to Washington and make a dramatic return today," Bannon told Trump, according to the book. "You've got to call Pence off the fucking ski slopes and get him back here today. This is a crisis."
The authors write that Bannon told Trump that January 6 was "the moment for reckoning."
>>
"People are going to go, 'What the fuck is going on here?' " Bannon believed. "We're going to bury Biden on January 6th, fucking bury him," Bannon said.
Trump to Pence: 'I don't want to be your friend anymore'
"Peril" also describes the tense encounter in the Oval Office on January 5 when Trump pressured Pence to overturn the results of the election. While the showdown went on inside, the two men could hear MAGA supporters cheering and chanting outside near Pennsylvania Avenue.
"If these people say you had the power, wouldn't you want to?" Trump asked.
"I wouldn't want any one person to have that authority," Pence said.
"But wouldn't it be almost cool to have that power?" Trump asked, according to Woodward and Costa.
"No," Pence said. He went on, "I've done everything I could and then some to find a way around this. It's simply not possible."
When Pence did not budge, Trump turned on him.
"No, no, no!" Trump shouted, according to the authors. "You don't understand, Mike. You can do this. I don't want to be your friend anymore if you don't do this."
Trump called Pence again the morning of January 6. "If you don't do it, I picked the wrong man four years ago," Trump said, according to the authors. "You're going to wimp out," he said, his anger visible to others in the office.
Even though Pence stood up to Trump in the end, "Peril" reveals that after four years of abject loyalty, he struggled with the decision. Woodward and Costa write that Pence reached out to Dan Quayle, who had been the vice president to George H.W. Bush, seeking his advice.
Vice President Mike Pence speaks during a visit to Rock Springs Church to campaign for GOP Senate candidates on January 4, 2021 in Milner, Georgia.
Vice President Mike Pence speaks during a visit to Rock Springs Church to campaign for GOP Senate candidates on January 4, 2021 in Milner, Georgia.
Over and over, Pence asked if there was anything he could do.
>>
"Mike, you have no flexibility on this. None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away," Quayle told him.
Pence pressed again.
"You don't know the position I'm in," he said, according to the authors.
"I do know the position you're in," Quayle responded. "I also know what the law is. You listen to the parliamentarian. That's all you do. You have no power."
'You really should do a tweet'
According to the authors, Trump ignored repeated requests by both staff and his daughter Ivanka Trump to call off the rioters at the Capitol on January 6.
In one episode, retired Gen. Keith Kellogg, who served as Pence's national security adviser, was in the White House with Trump while he watched the insurrection unfold on television.
Kellogg urged Trump to act.
Retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg, who advises Donald Trump on foreign policy and military issues, speaks to the media in the lobby at Trump Tower, November 15, 2016 in New York City.
>>
"You really should do a tweet," Kellogg said, according to the authors. "You need to get a tweet out real quick, help control the crowd up there. This is out of control. They're not going to be able to control this. Sir, they're not prepared for it. Once a mob starts turning like that, you've lost it."
"Yeah," Trump said. The authors write, 'Trump blinked and kept watching television.'
Ivanka Trump also repeatedly tried to intervene, talking to her father three times. "Let this thing go," she told him. "Let it go," she said, according to the book.
Rage 2.0
Woodward's previous book on Trump was called "Rage," but "Peril," filled with expletive-laced shouting matches, takes the rage up a notch.
Top officials told the authors that Trump's outbursts reminded them of "Full Metal Jacket" at times and "Doctor Strangelove" at others.
In June 2020, after Black Lives Matter protests near the White House, Trump lit into then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who had just announced at a news conference that he opposed invoking the Insurrection Act in response to the protests.
"You took away my authority!" Trump screamed at Esper in the Oval Office. "You're not the president! I'm the goddamn president."
But Trump wasn't done, according to the book, turning to the rest of his team in the room. "You're all fucked up," he yelled. "Everybody. You're all fucked. Every one of you is fucked up!"
In the aftermath of the election, Trump's rage was directed at Barr for daring to even mention the incoming Biden administration.
>>
>>928690
>>928689
>>928687
>>928686
>>928685
>>928682
>>928680
>>928679
You copy and pasted so much
Still not reading.
>>
"First part of the Biden administration!" Trump shouted, according to the authors. Trump was so mad, Barr thought, 'if a human being can have flames come out of his ears, this was it,' Woodward and Costa write.
The book also reveals that Trump is still angry with Republicans who blamed him for the insurrection, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
"This guy called me every single day, pretended to be my best friend, and then, he fucked me. He's not a good guy," Trump said, according to the book.
While McCarthy has walked back his initial comments after the insurrection, Trump is quoted as dismissing McCarthy's attempts to get back into his good graces.
"Kevin came down to kiss my ass and wants my help to win the House back," Trump said, according to the authors.
The book ends with Trump allies speculating about his plans for 2024. Privately, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham is quoted as saying, "if he wants to run, then he's going to have to deal with his personality problems ... we've got a very damaged team captain."
>>
But in a conversation with Trump directly, Graham was much more optimistic.
"You've been written off as dead because of January the 6th. The conventional wisdom is that the Republican Party, under your leadership, has collapsed," Graham told Trump, according to the book. Graham continued, telling Trump that if "you came back to take the White House, it would be the biggest comeback in American history."
In July, Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale, who had been demoted and then stepped aside from the campaign in September 2020, asked the question.
"Sir, are you going to run?"
"I'm thinking about it ... I'm really strongly thinking about running," Trump said, according to the book.
"He had an army. An army for Trump. He wants that back," Parscale later told others. "I don't think he sees it as a comeback. He sees it as vengeance."
>>
>>928694
Love u bae
>>
Ha ha, the military had to go Nixon on Trump.
And for all we know Trump did order nuclear weapons to be used, but they're keeping that part hidden because of how much more damage that would cause if it were to come out.

There was also a report the military was so worried that Trump would attack China they contacted their counterparts to say they'd override any of his orders.
>>
Lemme guess... Just more 'fake news'. Oh and 2 MOAR WEEKZ!!

74M people voted for this fucking manchild imbecile. What does this say about Amerifats?
>>
No slide for you and Milley is the hero this nation needs.
>>
Lies. Trump is righteousness. Trump is strength. He is victory!
>>
America is a fourth world shithole
>>
Cool fanfiction. Very sexy!
>>
>>928825
So like your crying of fraud last election.
>>
>>928679
Has Milley actually said anything about this?
I assume it is a work of fiction on the writer's part, as he pretty much just described textbook treason charges while trying to make it sound dramatic and heroic.
Also considering how it got shared everywhere at once when it dropped, I assume it is mostly to quickly sell a bunch of books before it is forgotten about.
>>
>>928940
>Treason charges
>From taking precautions to ensure the President didn't start World War 3

Anon if your argument is that contacting a foreign general is treason, explain why there was a live line between the Soviet Union and the US during the Cold War.
>>
>>928941
I was going to write out how contacting foreign leaders and telling them you will warn them about any incoming attacks is in fact a textbook example.
You already know that though and are just arguing in bad faith, so instead I'll just tell you to go fuck yourself Until the 50% cointoss takes you.
>>
>>928943
These guys don't care, the guy has written these bullshit grift books before, and the entire article is written like a shitty TV drama, all they care about is orange and bad to the point they will defend anything.
>>
>>928940
>>928943
I would think Milley as Chief of Staff would know the President doesn't have sole authority for something like launching nukes so did all this for nothing in the first place, the guy writing the character in his book apparently didn't though.
>>
>>928679
Interesting to see American "leftists" undermine the authority of the democratically elected president in favor of a military dictator.

Here in the free world Milley and his henchmen would go to prison for treason.
>>
>>928941
>>Treason charges
>>From comitting treason
FTFY anon. I know you're confused about what actual treason looks like, given you're a lickspittle for tyranny
>>
>>928945
That's what Milley told his people.

>No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.

He was afraid Trump would go rogue and try to bypass the proper procedure.
>>
>>929000
>afraid Trump would go rogue and try to bypass the proper procedure.
>so you go rogue and bypass the proper procedure while committing treason
Brilliant
>>
So why again wasn't Trump committing a LITERAL COUP treason again?
Oh right, maga.
>>
>>929003

What procedure did he bypass? And stopping a nuclear exchange triggered by an illegal attack order from an insane president isn't treason.
>>
>>929006
This, MAGAt seem to be anxious to start a MAD scenario, just continues to show they are a death cult.
>>
>>928679
This sounds like bullshit. There's strict rules with nukes and breaking any of them usually involves firing everyone in the entire chain of command. Remember back in what '07 when the Air Force accidentally put nukes on a bomber and because some E-3s fucked up they fired everyone from the secretary on down? So I imagine a general making his own rules without telling his boss means the end of his career at a minimum.
>>
>>928941
>unironically breaks the chain of command to call up China and tell them that the military will commit a fucking coup if Trump tries to assert his rightful authority as Commander in Chief
>"""taking precautions"""
This same shit happened with the summer of love. So long as a person is working as an ally of the democrat party, they will let them get away with anything.
>>
>>928679
wait you tell me the woke crt retard who gives himself a medal every other week and the only war he ever had command over breaks chain of command because of his "fEeLiNgS" and literally works with the enemie? Wow shocker.
As i said democrats are traitors who must be purged.
>>
>>928694
>I come from /pol where we don't read, just seethe
We're know faggot
>>
>>928959
I'll take 'things that didn't happen' for $1000, Alex.
>>
>>929003
By telling everyone else to make sure to follow the procedure? Lern 2 reed faggot
>>
>>928679
Biden ("10 held by H for the big guy") has a documented bribe/blackmail relationship with China, and now we know Milley actively warned China in advance if the US was going to attack them (the definition of treason). It appears that both the president AND the highest US military commander are operating on behalf of China.
>>
>>929068
And to think they were worried about a coup.
>>
>>929000
That's not the right part, although it is still hilariously useless.
The troubling part is saying he called up foreign commanders and told them he would warn them of any of his country's plans, which going by the track record of the author is very likely to not have happened.
>>
>>929003
No, it’s not treason to support and defend the constitution. That is the path officers take. They do not swear to obey the orders of the president. They swear to defend the constitution.
Based founding fathers anticipated a trump-like demagogue.
>>
>>929089
>N..NO its not reason undermining the chain of command and working with the literal enemy!b..Because we are the good guys we are allowed to do that!! I AM HARRY POTTER

Blow it out of your ass.
>>
>>929068
>>929075
Where do you people get this shit from?
>>
>>929092
The article pushing pushing Woodward's latest political drama, now one sale at all major retailers!
>>
>>929090
>reeeeeeeeeeeee
Go look up the oath that officers take. Show me where they swear to obey the president. I will wait.
>>
>>929093
No.
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-secret-calls-china-221700296.html
>>
>>928815
It's funny until you realize there are people here who unironically believe this.
>>
>>929081
>The Soviet Union had been the first nation to propose, in 1954, specific safeguards against surprise attack; it also expressed concern about the danger of accidental war. At Western initiative, a Conference of Experts on Surprise Attack was held in Geneva in 1958, but recessed without achieving conclusive results, although it stimulated technical research on the issues involved.

>In its "Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World," presented to the General Assembly by President Kennedy on September 25, 1961, the United States proposed a group of measures to reduce the risks of war. These included advance notification of military movements and maneuvers, observation posts at major transportation centers and air bases, and additional inspection arrangements.

https://2009-2017.state.gov/t/isn/4785.htm
>>
>>929096
>d.demanding the literal military leader not to collude with the enemey is evil!!

blow it out of your ass you traitor supporting piece of shit
>>
>>929117
How many crimes did Trump commit while in office?
>>
>>929117
>I looked it up and you were right.
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Classic /pol/ack behavior.
>>
>>928940
>>928943
>>928944
>>928945
>>928959
>>928966
All these smoothbrains ITT. Don't you get it? Other countries were so concerned that Orange man would go rogue and launch nukes as a middle finger to liberals (information the military intelligence apparatus would know) that our top general had to go to their top general and was like "don't worry, you don't need to launch a preemptive strike against us, we won't let an actual madman launch nukes at you". Try to parse through your blind loyalty to a lunatic and try to see the light of what was really going on here. Haven't you noticed that all these people who used to work for Trump who have turned against them, its always the exact same argument to slander their accounts? It's always about some loyalty, not to democracy, not to the constitution, it's loyalty to ONE. Loyalty to a man who would NEVER grant that level of dogged supplication to anyone besides a golden statue of himself. It's time to wake up, magas
>>
Service members can refuse to perform illegal or unconstitutional orders.
>>
>>928702
>Haha orange man stupid and dumb, me smart
It is interesting that Trump was such a dictator mastermind who did massive damage when literally everyone under him secretly refused his orders and did their own thing instead.

From these books it is apparent that Trump was nothing more than a figurehead.
>>
>>929113
You tried, and you failed.
>>
>>929127
>In order to prevent something that didn't happen the general had to commit treason.

Yeah, not buying it.
>>
>>929128
Yeah, he should have refused his own order to himself to commit treason.
>>
>>929134
No, it's just the most damaging thing to ever happen to our democracy. Not Trump, not what he did, but rather the administrative state undermining and disobeying a lawfully elected president for four years.

The funny part is they think people are going to forget. They won't. Whichever Republican stands up and says "I am going to fire the state department, most of the DoJ and most of the DoD" is going to get the nomination.
>>
>>929128
Yet no illegal order was issued.
"He's mad I think he might order an order to nuke everyone despite Trump only ever doing that one cruise missile strike against Syria that killed only three people because Russia was warned and given time to move men away from the declared targets".

If no illegal order is given, there's nothing to disobey. Instead Miley is taking huge actions to undermine civilian control of the military and unapproved diplomatic messages out of "fear".
>>
>>929141
see >>929120
>>
>>929143
Trump signed an EO in 2017 that said he didn't have to tell anyone when he used cruise missiles or drones.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/obama-drones-trump-killings-count/
>>
>>929147
And what? How is that relevant?
>>
>>929145
I see it and it's irrelevant. Disobeying the lawful orders of the President has done more harm to the country than Trump ever could.
>>
>>929152
>>929136
The whole point of having two keys to the nukes is to avoid a situation which the general was observing actively taking place. A President who has lost control of his own reality, huffing the lies of an extremist minority, was desperate and willing to do whatever it took to stay in power. What higher purpose could there be for the top general?
>>
>>929154
As I said
>I had to commit treason to prevent a thing that was not happening from happeing
>>
>>929157
>i acted a traitor because of things i imagined might happen because i am a brainwashed dog!

democrat media brainwashing is something to behold isnt it
>>
>>929154
Yet no illegal orders were issued.
If the orders are legal you follow them.
>>
>>929157
>>929163
>>929164
Advising the other chiefs of staff of their roles and reminding them of the two key doctrine is not committing treason. Having communication with foreign military is not treason. Just because this is the first time you've heard of an American general communicating with a Chinese one does not mean it does not happen. No military secrets were exchanged. All that happened was a commitment to not declare a surprise war under the direction of a president which was clearly deranged in the last weeks of his presidency.

If your argument is that this is somehow treason, the root comes from "everyone should always listen to the president, no matter what, regardless of the consequences because laws" which is not accurate. There are laws on the books specifically tailored to handle such a situation, which to my and anyone else's knowledge, were followed. Stop blindly accepting anything the Dear Leader has to say and think for yourself for once about the dynamics of the geopolitical situation in the world.
>>
>>929166
We already established that lefty media brainwashing is insane, no need to re confirm it again dude
>>
>>929169
Do you have an argument other than "you're crazy because media"? I don't even watch the news. I don't have a Twitter or telegram or whatever. I get most of my news from NPR, and come here for the crazy and variety of topics. So, do you have an argument beyond "you're crazy because media"? Because it doesn't apply to me
>>
>>929150
It's very likely that Syria was not the only strike Trump ordered. We will never know.
>>
The man continues to live rent free in the heads of every lib fag in the country
>>
>>929172
>i i dont even watch news, twitter or far left bullshit i shout discover news through the magical ether!!
>hurr i dont even watch msnbc but yeah that trump devil heh the walls are closing in on this russian asset

lie more convincingly or shut the fuck up
>>
>>929176
I'm not lying, but you're free to believe whatever you want about me. But do you have a argument beyond "you're crazy because media"?
>>
>>928679
He called up a Chinese general and said he would warn China ahead of time if the USA was going to act against them? What the fuck?
>>
>>929176
Who watches cable TV anymore? Grams and gramps?
Plenty of free print media online.
>>
>>929181
well according to leftwing idiots in here this isnt treason and in fact there is nothing to see here.
>>
>>929183
>hurr i watch the same shit i would watch on tv but now on twitter and youtube that makes it different

the brainwashed mind of a rachel maddow toilet paper.
>>
>>928679
>telling China he will warn them of an attack
I can understand why he did everything but that
>>
>>929185
This is why Trump lost.
>>
>>929183
The boomers who post on this board think every leftist watches CNN and MSNBC religiously.
>>
Peril is a pretty chilling book about how the embedded power structure doesn't give a shit about elected officials or the constitutional order.
>>
>>929197
Because they do
>>
>>929186
I don’t know who you think you are talking to anon. I don’t use twatter or watch YouTube shit. I read a variety of sources online. No madcow or tuck teevee bullshit.
>>
>>929202
The ones over 50, sure. Their viewership below that has basically vanished. Tim Pool is bigger in the prime advertising age group than any host on CNN or MSNBC.
>>
>>928679
It is worth noting everyone involved so far on both sides of the story is denying the outright illegal claims from the book.
The fact that people here are trying to defend it out of partisanship loyalty is probably the most important part of the thread though.
>>
>>929212
>It is worth noting everyone involved so far on both sides of the story is denying the outright illegal claims from the book.

thats good news
>>
>>929202
Who tells you these things?
>>
>>929202
No they don’t. Most boomers do apparently. Hence why old people who are the GOP base splurg out about Cucker Tarlson and Shanity.
>>
Guys, I think when even Trump who would gain the most out of these outrageous claims is calling it false you don't have to scramble to try to defend it just because of your party loyalty.
>>
>>929227
truth
>>
>>929134
It's more Trump would have done so much more damage to the country if you didn't have people stopping him.
Like the fact he wanted to go full fascist and use the military to murder peaceful protestors, or if the military backed his failed coup.
>>
>>929242
>we have to become traitors to stop the thing that actually didnt happen but far leftists brainwashing garbage said would definetly happen, just as they said trump would go to war with North Korea, China, Europe and he will kill jews and that he will cause WW3 and did you know he also feeds fish wrong? See our far left brainwashed garbage is always right!! we needed to be traitors!!

you idiots are the worst thing that ever happened to politics, in past morons like you would have never even paid attention to politics but now social media made it THE drama show in the world for your and now everyone has to deal with you brainwashed morons in politics on top of everything else... holy fuck
>>
Gotta love how hungry these MAGAts are to MAD the world, just shows how in love with death their death cult is.
>>
>>929245
What did you do that you have to shill online to redeem social credits?
>>
>>928679
Why would you warn the enemy of an attack by your own troops?
This is collaboration with China
>>
>>929245
>80 Million aborted babies
>the vaccinated refuse to wear masks as soon as they get it
>history of massacres/starvation by communism

Yeah you are a sheep to your own cause
>>
>>928679
>president doesn't know where he is
>joint chief is willing to sell the entire country out if he thinks the president is a stinky poopy head

what a clown country, democrats are idiots holy shit
>>
>>928679
You know there's a difference between not following an unlawful order, and calling your enemy and telling them you would commit treason in heartbeat for them.
Look democrat voters in here... we know you are stupid but Just stop for a minute and compare Gen Flynns "crime" to what Milley did and try just for one fucking second in your life to leave out your party loyalty.
>>
>After 65 years of presidents kicking the can down the road, North Korea finally gets nuclear weapons
>OH SHIT, FLUMPF AND KIM AND GONNA NUKE US ALLLLLLLL!
>Instead cordially shake hands in a historic (albiet fruitless) meeting instead
Trump going nuclear was among the most unfounded fears of all, and yet this toadface did it anyway
>>
>>929311
This. Trump was the first president in American history who actually talked to other nations instead of threatening them with nuclear genocide. The left will never forgive him for that.
>>
>>929311
>>Instead cordially shake hands in a historic (albiet fruitless) meeting instead
trump made the US a laughinstock in the region, and N Korea looked like they got to slap the US in the face by shitting on their negotiations afterward. not that I dont doubt Trump was a complete idiot during any meetings/calls/etc
>>
>>929243
So suddenly starting random and nuclear wars is good when Trump does it.
The hypocrisy of the fascist right is stunning.
>>
>>929030
>commander in chief means being King sovereign
>>
>>929321
NK is gonna be bragging for years about how they got the US President to salute one of THEIR generals.
>>
>>929179
not him but his argument is very sound that mainstream media makes people insane.thats one of their best selling factor is to have people paranoid so they click back again to see what other things they have to fear.in the usa, its documented that their intelligence agencies where writing scripts to news stations, pushing propaganda and fear.now it is "oh but that was a long time ago", how does anyone know?mainstream news in america is controlled by a handful of people.and you can see good compilations of several news stations having the same script and creating events with a small crew which are not organic, but what looks good on the news.if you are so naive to think that the mainstream news are there simply for your unbiased information purposes, then what can anyone say to you?you're simply stuck.
>>
>>929325
when has anyone ever said so?you have quite literally absolutely no proof about these accusations.he is the guy who didn't start any conflicts other then political ones and told people how every country on earth tries to milk usa of resources.talk is talk, bring something concrete so anyone can even have discussion about these things.
>>
>>929560
They can't. I really think they're just unironic paid shills at this point. This board is infested with rot.
>>
>>929667
i mean, the only way i understand their reasoning is if they literally just watch "trump very bad again" news.then their worldview is understandable.he is not a favorite of mine by no way, by the fact that one of the countries he surely propped up during his time in office was israel.one of the most hypocritical and naive country in the world.
>>
>>929367
It does when you work under POTUS, retard.
>>
Watching the people here justify absolutely anything as long as the dems endorse it has done more to harden my opinions than any retard from pol.
>>
>>929779
American Democrats have made me racist against white people. No joke. Pretty much all the problems we're facing in our societies stem, if not from the harrows of white colonialism, from modern day white virtue signalling.
>>
>>929319
XD
>>
>>929090
>undermining the chain of command
>no matter what you;re told, go through the proper procedure(chain of command)
learn to fucking read you absolute dumb shit
>>
>>929029
>making his own rules
didnt happen. he said "follow the rules exactly, there will be no diversion from procedure." he's part of the chain of command in place, the only way it wouldnt go through him is if Trump tried to circumvent chain of command
>>
>>929779
>>929810
Oh you poor victims
>>
>>928940
>>928943
>>928959
>>928966
>>929003
>>929029
>>929030
>>929041
>>929068
>>929090
>>929117
>>929137
>>929136
>>929157
>>929163
so many MAGAts, and not a literate one in sight. couldnt even bother citing all of your retarded posts. see >>929880
>>
>>929176
>no you must watch cable news entertainment propaganda and subscribe to political commentary podcasts because that's what I do!!!

Projection at its finest
>>
Lead poisoned boomers are hilarious. Seriously die already
>>
>>929881
Yes, all citizens are victims when the highest military position in the country commits acts of aiding the enemy that normally carries the death penalty for the common peasant.
>>
>>928679
Sounds like Milley is a paranoid loon whose delusions led him to go behind his leader's back.
>>
>>929880
This

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.