[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquKyNdgH3s

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/05/soviet-tv-version-lord-of-the-rings-rediscovered-after-30-years
>>
>>821012
>Earlier adaptations and even translations of Tolkien’s work in the Soviet Union were hard to come by, with some convinced that the story of an alliance of men, elves and dwarves fighting a totalitarian eastern power had been blocked by the censor.

This is the projection and guilt of every dictator.

The story of an alliance of men, elves and dwarves fighting an evil capitalist western power exploiting their serfs.

They could have seen it this way,
but they knew that they were guilty, that they were not true communists, and exploited just like the degenerates in the west.
>>
>>821036
You are projecting
>>
>>821012
neat story thanks for posting
>>
>>821012
kino
>>
>>821036
Everyone who reads LOTR associates themselves with the "good guys" instead of Sauron. Literally the most evil person on earth that you can imagine would do that, even if they were orange and morbidly obese.
>>
>>821325
The lack of introspection in this post is hilarious.
>>
>>821036
Hitler reading lotr would have said the noble hobbit race had a german streak in it.
>>
>>821356
How so, moosebreath?
>>
>>821368
Sorry but my experience with talking to you people is usually just frustrating and a loss of hope for the future of the country. Have a great day champ.
>>
>>821372
>g-guys I was just pretending to be retarded
LMAO!
>>
>>821364
Why TF would hitler associate his idealized whypipo with hobbits?
Eleves are much closer, they are intelligent, noble, cultured and skilled sorcerers
>>
>>821364
Hitler would have called hobbits jews, and associated golum with the jew archetype
>>
>>821396
Thank you for so poignantly articulating my point..
>>
>>821409
Nah, dwarves would have been the jews according to Hitler given their insularity and greedy hoarding of jewels and precious metals. Also their craftiness.
>>
>>821477
>>821409
You don't think it would be the goblins? Wretched little half-men who can only create things that destroy? And the orcs, those corrupted elves, would represent Jewish corruption of the Aryan. Uruk-Hai would be the dangers of interracial breeding.
>>
>>821439
I knew that would be your exact response. I've been on 4chan far too long.
>>
>>821480
Haven't we all. Or, at least, the ones that find entertainment in conversations like these. I think most people just drop their shit and move on.
>>
>>821479
Not really because the orcs didn't really put great value on jewels and precious metals like jews and dwarves. Also the jews are great craftsmen when it comes to cutting and working with jewels and precious metal to enhance their value similar to dwarves. As far as the Uruk-Hai, don't forget Elrond was a Half-Elf, the product of interracial breeding between man and elf.

Idk where orcs would fit in Hitler's interpretation unless perhaps the negroid races who were usable as cruel unthinking slaves.
>>
>>821486
>Elrond was a Half-Elf
No. He was a pure blood High Elf. He and Galadrial were two of the most ancient and powerful of the pure Elf bloods still living in Middle Earth at the time of the events in LotR. Aaragorn was something like 1/4 Elf from one of the very few and the most famous love story between an Elf and a human.

Well, until he became king and married Elrond's daughter ... and still, probably not as famous (and tragic) among Elves as his grandmother.
>>
>>821479
>>821477
Well, let's just clear this up.

Elves = Master Race of pure genetics and Nordic/Viking blood, pagans
Forest Elves = Germanic/East Europoors, pagans
Humans = 'honorary' Elves, sort of like slavs, who can pass for Caucasoids at need
Dwarves = Jews
Goblins = blacks
Orcs = corrupted Elves, meaning Muslims & general middle Eastern swarthiness, anything brown and non-Christian
Uruk-Hai = mulattos that believed Saruman when he told them they were white
Hobbits = comfortably well-off middle class Brits on permanent dole, fanciers of bong and pint
Rivendell/Lothlorien = Livonia & Scandinavia
Gondor = Germany/Austria
Rohan = Irish-Mongolians
Bree = Amsterdam, Portugal, Italy
the Shire = Brits living and interbreeding with French, random Belgians
Sauron's army = mongrel mix of Americunts and denizens escaping from Detroit, Africa, Central & South America

> t. Glad I could help.
>>
>>821538
>Dwarves = Jews
Nigga what
>>
>>821533
Nope. He was a half elf. Galadriel was full elf and even posessed some of the evil characteristics that earlier elves possessed when they were seduced by Sauron.

>Elrond Half-elven is a fictional character in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium. Both of his parents, Eärendil and Elwing, were half-elven, having both Men and Elves as ancestors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elrond
>>
>>821551
My mistake then. Given that he was something like four thousand years old, it didn't mesh with the ages of other half & quarter Elves ... such as his own grandchildren by Arwen and Aragorn who were more than half Elf.
>>
>>821554
Correction: obviously Arwen was not full Elf, she was 3/4s. So her children didn't quite meet the half Elf standard. Didn't correct my head canon fast enough about being the daughter of a half Elf. Was also hung up on her being immortal (full Elf) until she fell in love with Aragorn.
>>
>>821541
*Not an argument

Dwarves have long been considered as Tolkien's racist portrayal of Jews. There have even been denunciations of anti-Semitism of people who have talked shit about (Tolkien/fantasy) Dwarves. Derogatory descriptions & comparisons to Dwarves and Dwarven culture has been considered a proxy for denigrating Jews for many decades now.

Dwarves = Jews has been established for some time.

Feel free to make a counter-argument, but you've already lost.
>>
>>821408
>>821408
Yea, noble tall, blonde, thin nazi elves, fighting those evil creatures Orcs (slavs with no German blood)Trolls(American mutts) and the greatest evil of them all Sauron (The Eternal Jew).

And then the traitorous men who sided with Sauron(Brits, French)

The Nazi Elves have not died out, but have gone to live in The Undying Lands along with their leader Mein Führer Elrond, and are awaiting the day when the last of the Ayrans (the few Slavs with enough Germanic blood left in them) realized that Mein Führer Elrond was right all along and create the New Rivendell in what was once the Ukraine.
>>
>>821562
>Dwarves have long been considered as Tolkien's racist portrayal of Jews.

Dwarves are semites, period.

The desert has made all those living in that severe climate hagglers and extremely parsimonious
https://www.travelgeekery.com/7-tips-haggling-arabic-world/
Unless you don’t mind paying a hefty price for an object of a much lesser value, when shopping in the Arab world you won’t be spared the time-honored tradition of haggling.

This is why Scottish are the jews of the north.

They live in an area with cold no sun and rocks and heather, where only a few meager oats grow

Perhaps Toilkien had the Scots in mind when he created the dwarves

Gimli having a Scottish accent and wearing a kilt
>>
>>821562
Tolkien loved the jews, look at his response to being asked if he was jewish by the Germans.

"I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride."
>>
>>821325
Lololol I love when brainlwts are too fucking stupid to recognize their own irony. It really is amusing.
>>
>>821992
>muh irony
Too bad you're like 98% of Americans and have no idea what irony even is.
>>
>>821325
I am sure "Sauron is intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor, just like me" fedoras would identify with him.
>>
>>822040
How was he funny?
At all?
>>
>>823055
Sauron was a bit of a clown when he transformed into a vampire bat when he was fleeing Huan in the Silmarillion.
>>
>>821036
reminder that the ussr is actually gondor, and the anglos are mordor. usa is harad.
>>
>>823085
>Sauron is my mother in law
I'm sure that Tolkien was thinking of his mil when he wrote it, not the Huns.
>>
>>823127
>not the Huns
The fuck? Huan was a magical Great Wolfhound dog of Valinor, not a Hun or even symbolically remotely close to it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.