[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/28/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases

In a series of interviews aired by CNN, Dr. Deborah Birx, Dr. Anthony Fauci, and other Trump veterans tell of their own pandemic battles. Variants and eased restrictions are pushing cases up around the United States.

In interviews broadcast on CNN Sunday night, former President Donald J. Trump’s pandemic officials confirmed in stark and no uncertain terms what was already an open secret in Washington: The administration’s pandemic response was riddled with dysfunction, and the discord, untruths and infighting most likely cost many lives.

Dr. Deborah L. Birx, Mr. Trump’s coronavirus response coordinator, suggested that hundreds of thousands of Americans may have died needlessly, and Adm. Brett P. Giroir, the testing czar, said the administration had lied to the public about the availability of testing.

The comments were among a string of bombshells that emerged during a CNN special report that featured the doctors who led the government’s coronavirus response in 2020.

Dr. Robert R. Redfield, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accused Mr. Trump’s health secretary, Alex M. Azar III, and the secretary’s leadership team of pressuring him to revise scientific reports. “Now he may deny that, but it’s true,” Dr. Redfield said in an interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s chief medical correspondent. Mr. Azar, in a statement, denied it.

Dr. Stephen K. Hahn, the former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, said his relationship with Mr. Azar had grown “strained” after the health secretary revoked the agency’s power to regulate coronavirus tests. “That was a line in the sand for me,” Dr. Hahn said. When Dr. Gupta asked him if Mr. Azar had screamed at him, Dr. Hahn replied: “You should ask him that question.”
>>
But it was Dr. Birx, who has been pilloried for praising Mr. Trump as being “so attentive to the scientific literature” and for not publicly correcting the president as he made outlandish claims about unproven therapies, whose disclosures may have been the most compelling.

As of Sunday, more than 548,000 Americans have died from infection with the coronavirus. “I look at it this way,” she said. “The first time, we have an excuse. There were about 100,000 deaths that came from that original surge.”

“All of the rest of them,” she said, referring to almost 450,000 deaths, “in my mind, could have been mitigated or decreased substantially” had the administration acted more aggressively.

In what was one of her first televised interviews since leaving the White House in January, she also described a “very uncomfortable, very direct and very difficult” phone call with Mr. Trump after she spoke out about the dangers of the virus last summer. “Everybody in the White House was upset with that interview,” she said.

After that, she decided to travel the country to talk to state and local leaders about masks and social distancing and other public health measures that the president didn’t want her to explain to the American public from the White House podium.

Dr. Gupta asked if she was being censored. “Clearly someone was blocking me from doing it,” she said. “My understanding was I could not be national because the president might see it.”
>>
Several of the officials, including Dr. Anthony S. Fauci — who unlike the others is a career scientist and is now advising President Biden — blamed China, where the virus was first detected, for not being open enough with the United States. And several, including Dr. Redfield and Admiral Giroir, said early stumbles with testing — and the attitude within the White House that testing made the president look bad by driving up the number of case reports — were a serious problem in the administration’s response.

And the problems with testing went beyond simply Mr. Trump’s obsession with optics. Admiral Giroir said that the administration simply did not have as many tests as top officials claimed at the time.

“When we said there were millions of tests — there weren’t, right?” he said. “There were components of the test available but not the full deal.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/29/politics/coronavirus-deborah-birx-donald-trump-joe-biden/index.html
>>
Nice speculation, but consider this:
If we had preserved the brain of James Buchanan and allowed him to remain president in perpetuity as a brain-in-a-jar until this day we never would have had any pandemic situation at all. Also internet connections would be fater and more reliable.
You that I speak the truth.
>>
>>816170
>If only someone had done something about the pandemic early
>Says the person who's literal job was to do that
>>
>>816189
>>816190
>we were hamstrung and couldn't really do anything and were forced to lie for political gain
>HAH IF ONLY YOU ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!
>>
>>816171
>she also described a “very uncomfortable, very direct and very difficult” phone call with Mr. Trump after she spoke out about the dangers of the virus last summer. “Everybody in the White House was upset with that interview,” she said.
>Trump: Keep your pie hole shut just like you keep your twat shut by tightly crossing your legs or I'll plug them both with my microchode. Capisce? Americans are too dumb to handle the truth that's why I'm president and you're not, ok?
>>
Fake news fake virus
>>
>>816198
Go infect yourself then.
>>
>>816199
Seethe tranny
>>
Maybe the death toll could have been lower if Birx and Fauci had objected to the politicization of the virus response by the media and elites. If you tell people you can't wear a mask and go to work but you can wear a mask and protest systemic racism, don't be surprised if people don't take you seriously.
>>
>>816213
Source on Fauci ever saying it was ok to do that?
>>
>nytimes
This is a propaganda site
>>
>>816224
>chinese
This is a propaganda poster
>>
>>816170
>could
it also could have been much lower if democrats didn't demand to keep borders open
it also could have been much lower if democrats didn't move infected people into nursing homes
it also could have been much lower if china didn't spread it
>>
Covid1984 killed the global economy. That's it folks.
>>
>>816347
Take your meds in between Trump boot licks.
>>
>>816224
Go to bed, Chang
>>
>>816347
>whataboutism: the post

This is why Trump lost, Republicans are just functionally retarded
>>
The election was stolen by thieves.
>>
>>816241
>>816498
>Calling someone a chinese shill for calling out a pro-china neoliberal propaganda site

This is your brain on marxism
>>
>>816347
Anything to have Trump not be responsible for his own actions?
BTW, that racism is why there are so many attacks on Asian Americans right now, so yes we can blame racism on Trump and the Republicans.
>>
>>816213
>>816347
>>816189
tRump killed 100k tops

400k woulda died anyway

Nobodies perfect and it was worth it to pwn the libs
>>
>>816632
More like he killed 400k.
If the US had a proper lockdown, just paid everyone 80% of their salary to keep the economy running, and then heavily enforced masks, the death rate would have been a lot lower, but Trump ran a massive cover up and the Trump Virus destroyed America.
>>
>>817269
>If the US had a proper lockdown, just paid everyone 80% of their salary to keep the economy running, and then heavily enforced masks, the death rate would have been a lot lower, but Trump ran a massive cover up and the Trump Virus destroyed America.

And we probably would have still come
out further ahead financially instead of pretending that the pandemic was a hoax and would magically go away after the election.

It’s a good thing tRump and his family for vaccinated in secret back in January and continued to downplay the effects on the economy and the average American.
>>
>>817269
I really don't understand why some enterprising (((ambulence chasing sheister))) hasn't filed a class action lawsuit against Trump on behalf of the families whose loved ones died due to his criminal negligence.
>>
>>817405
because jews are aware that the whole thing is bullshit for the goys. see their huge parties they've been having in queens the whole time
>>
>>817405
>I really don't understand why some enterprising (((ambulence chasing sheister))) hasn't filed a class action lawsuit against Trump on behalf of the families whose loved ones died due to his criminal negligence.
Because Trump didn't force sick people into nursing homes knowing it would kill bunch of old people.

There's a reason 5 states account for 40% of all covid deaths in the US, and there's a reason they all just also happen to be run by Democrats.
>>
>>817438
>There's a reason 5 states account for 40% of all covid deaths in the US, and there's a reason they all just also happen to be run by Democrats.
If you mean total instead of per capita, highly likely, since 8 Neanderthal shithole red States combined can't even equal the population of 1 major US city. Per capita deaths, the red States run by zombie drooling cultists far exceed the blue states.
>>
>>817461
>If you mean total instead of per capita, highly likely
The sheer staggering amounts of deaths those 5 states have render per capita comparisons moot. Per capita, in this context, is literally only used by the media as damage control. for Democrat states. No amount of hand wringing and propaganda will change this.

Whitmer, Cuomo, and Newsom especially facilitated eldercide and you make excuses for them by trying to weave a smokescreen out of disingenuously presented statistical nonsense. You are evil.
>>
>>817465
>oh look everybody, I was home schooled by evangelicals!
>>
>>817476
>I can't refute your argument so I'm going to swipe at what I hope is low hanging fruit!

I'm Jewish anon. I recognize a genocide when I see it. Whitmer, Cuomo, and Newsom should be hung like Saddam.
>>
>>817476
You need homeschooling to tell you shoving infected into nursing homes was a bad idea? How bad is public education now?
>>
>>817476
>>anon opposes murdering old people
>yeah well you must be christian!
fascinating peek into the lib mind here
>>
>>817481
Ok, Mordecai. Sorry, but more Palestinians died at the hands of you chosen ones last year than covid nursing home patients. Hell more British civilians died in the Zionist terrorist bombings from 1946-48.
>>817514
>>817546
How many of the dead out of your Dear Leader's 500,000 dead were from elderly patients moved to nursing homes? A whole couple thousand? Omfg, that's worse than the holocaust!
>>
>>817555
>that's worse than the holocaust!
I mean yeah 500,000 is more than 200,000 dying of typhus
>>
>>817405
Because of the scope of the lawsuit the only thing that can fit it is charging Trump and everyone in the administration involved in undermining the response with negligent homicide.
Don't forget, we have a tape of Trump admitting in private he knew how bad Covid-19 was but then lied about it to the public in order to keep the stock market inflated.
>>
>>817514
If only there was a coordinated national response instead of a massive cover up.
>>
>>818485
>Don't forget, we have a tape of Trump admitting in private he knew how bad Covid-19 was but then lied about it to the public in order to keep the stock market inflated.
And the fact him and his entire family got secretly vaccinated in January while downplaying the vaccine so his rich buddies could cut the line.
>>
And now the Trump Virus is here to stay! Best legacy of a presidency to purposely kill hundreds of thousands of people - and then get vaccinated in secret
>>
>>821426
Well, it is something to be proud of if you successfully kill off 500,000+ of your own citizens - more than the combined deaths of all American soldiers in WW1, WW2, Vietnam and Korea in just 1 year! The GOP isn't nicknamed "Trump's Death Party" on a whimsical fancy.
>>
>Left leaning Dr. says Orange man bad

How is this news
>>
>>821786
I am restricted on face book for another 30 days for sharing my surgery picture, while this anti Trump thread shows just how inept people have become. It was never about a cold virus. It is about blood. The media wont uncover the truth because many elites hide this drug use of Andrenochrome.
>>
>>821798
Nice try Ivan.
>>
>>816170
itt: people acting like they would have listened to Trump even if he gave proper guidelines
>>
>>817465
>The sheer staggering amounts of deaths those 5 states have render per capita comparisons moot.
You could've just told us that you don't understand how basic statistics work.
>>
>>822037
Funnily enough people would listen, but then get sick and tired about Trump gloating where he'd claim he single handedly saved the US.
>>
Oh no one administration talks negative about a previous administration
Stop the gol darn presses this is a
>string of bombshells
And
>infighting
This is a turning point
The walls are closing in
>>
>>816170

The death toll that took Trump a year to get to Biden doubled in two months.

We are truly living in Bidens America...
>>
>>816499

>An article entirely about theoreticals
>Get assblasted when someone else does it

Can't look at yourself in the mirror, huh
>>
>>822324
Really. It was over 500K under Trump. It's over 1M now? Or are you just a product of a red-state education, you inbred trailer dweller.
>>
>>822308
Have you ever seen a Trump cultist who understood even 8th grade mathematics, let alone statistics?
>>
>>816213
Except the riots and shit weren't hitting critical mass until summer. We had mask refusal at day 1 and the trump followers also doing their own (maskless) protests by June.

Protests were going to happen no matter what you did.
>>
>>817405
Perhaps it has to do with the President title. For example only two guards who got fucked over in the jan. riot are suing him for less than 100k each.

Also another obstacle is proving any other person in that position would have prevented your family member from directly dying from the disease given what was known. If your loved one was going around saying fuck masks all day while we had no clue about how long it lasted on surfaces, well tough shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.