[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000.jpg (85 KB, 1000x666)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>https://apnews.com/article/texas-high-electric-bills-e8cb3450888464a059e3132b23cb6f5d
>https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/20/us/texas-storm-electric-bills.html
>https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/DOE%20202%28c%29%20Emergency%20Order%20-%20ERCOT%2002.14.2021.pdf
Biden is a real piece of shit. He put out an EO saying texas couldn't use all their coal fired plant capacity normally so texas had to rely on "green" energy, which failed during the storm. As part of the EO those coal fired plants were required to charge $1,500/Mwh during an emergency (when the actual price was much lower) because Biden wanted to tax people to not die. What a piece of shit, he should be impeached.
>>
Fuck coal and fuck OP's false premise
>>
>>796114
>be texas in 2011
>get told to winterize the power grid after winter storm
>ignore because muh independent grid
>get fucked ten years later and blame wind power freezing, even though it works fine when winterized in places like Antarctica
>>
>>796119
>fuck people in texas having heat and power
Zero reason why there needs to be a price floor in a disaster like this. Biden caused the issue. Those deaths are on biden and those debts are on biden.
>>
>>796125
Texas Natural Gas caused this issue and your deflection to Biden is hilariously absurd.
>>
>>796125
>>796114
biden derangement syndrome
>>
>>796127
They've got to grasp at something after their attempt to blame the Green New Deal got BTFO
>>
>>796127
The wind farms froze causing the issue and as you can see in the pdf, biden's eo set a price floor to use coal during an emergency.
>>796129
>its ok for biden to bad things because there is a D next to his name
Good one, chang.
>>
>>796139
>thinks that biden is a chink agent while he is trying to put together an international coalition to curb chinese expansion
>meanwhile trump is cool with concentration camps

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/us/politics/trump-uighurs-china-trade.html
>>
>>796139
>The wind farms froze causing this issue
No.
>>
>>796139
see
>>796124
>>
>>796114
>Biden is a real piece of shit.
Glad I could stop reading right there.

This is /news/, not your personal blog. 'Bye, Qaren.
>>
>>796141
>thinking this piss poor propaganda will work when Biden is literally on video making excuses for Chinese concentration camps less than a week ago

>>796142
Yes
https://techstartups.com/2021/02/20/cascend-wind-power-biggest-failure-week-texas-grid-catastrophe-natural-gas-best-option/
>>
>>796148
nice source you have there
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/techstartups/
>>
>>796148
did you read the next article over?
https://techstartups.com/2021/02/19/wind-turbines-keep-working-cold-climate-regions-ones-texas-didnt/
texas's turbines are shit and not up to standard because lmao deregulated independent grid
if you do not compel a company to adhere to higher standards then you should never expect them to. profits are king, why waste money making things more robust when law doesn't force it on them?
>>
>>796148
link me to the video please, but here's a video from a debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjg2qpVgp30
>>
>>796157
>>796162
>cope posting
BTFO by science

>>796166
>sealioning this hard
Bunkerfags are in FULL damage control today LMAO
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/joe-biden-suggests-chinas-uighur-genocide-is-part-of-different-cultural-norms/news-story/86a85d79ca830f6b7601a3638798c5ab
>>
>>796127
Actually the EOs coupled with bidens constant droning about how he's going to remove stinky evil natural gas bankrupted all the large suppliers, small ones went completely defunct and couldn't make up the difference, texas is not a closed system, the companies in other states that could have easily sent NG were also defunct because of this.
It was investment fraud from the top all the way to the bottom when people realized that the companies were defunct and the demand shot up, makalottamoney.
However considering who Biden's son is, it could be construed as High treason, being that he's the exec of a foreign gas company, you can expect some news about that soon.
>>
>>796139
wind is pretty much irrelevant in the winter, in the first place, that's how I know you don't even live in the great plains area... Stop chasing squirrels.
>>
>>796139
Fucking biden agreed with the genocides in a town hall the other day. There is a thread up about it.
>>796142
They froze chang
>>796145
>its fine when my team does bad things
>>796188
Dubs for truth
>>796189
I dont live in the great plains. I can see the nice fossil fuel plants giving me power whenever I want
>>
>>796188
https://nypost.com/2021/02/05/hunter-biden-working-to-unwind-investment-in-chinese-firm/

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-technology-public-health-climate-f8ba1a8e7982227fd27f492f22d771b4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/01/27/biden-climate-change/

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2020/10/19/biden-s-green-energy-plan-seeks-to-end-natural-gas-use-within-15-years

https://www.jonesday.com/en/insights/2020/02/chinas-new-foreign-investment-law

https://nypost.com/article/hunter-biden-china-timeline-business-ties/

Muh shit I'm talking about
>>
>all the Chang shills trying to distract and deflect from Beijing Bidens murderous blunders

Fuck Beijing Biden and fuck China
>>
>>796191
>Fucking biden agreed with the genocides in a town hall the other day.
It's not surprising, he has a 30 year track record of literally flipping sides to get votes, then completely reneging on everything he said- He's living in 1980 when the TV news completely controlled the boomer mind and they had no possible means of discourse, they couldn't bring up old footage of him talking, they couldn't organize. That's why all the boards are shilled up right now too, when you can feasibly make Billions, a $2m shill campaign is negligible from a profit standpoint.
Notice how the rednecks watching the news all day reached a fevered pitch about nuclear? Well the US makes a lot of weapons grade stuff, but something like 90% of our REACTOR GRADE Uranium comes from Russia, and former soviet states...
Oh and Canada too, but only like 19%, but you'll never guess who has money in Canadian uranium production too. lol.
>>
Based going after coalburners. Burn the coal, pay the toll
>>
>>796209
kek
>>
>>796205
Did that program where we used russian missiles to power American plants end ?
>>
>>796119
>Fuck coal and fuck OP's false premise
What about clean coal?
>>
>feds price fix power costs to drive price above the market rate
>libs still blame the free market
>>
>>796215
https://www.npr.org/2013/12/11/250007526/megatons-to-megawatts-russian-warheads-fuel-u-s-power-plants
no.

that was never a good deal for the US, even if it WAS wholesale; Nuclear power in general isn't a good deal economically for the US because we don't produce reactor food, we don't refurbish reactor food, we don't enrich uranium, and we don't have any uranium to enrich - what we have is a bunch of weapons grade stuff that's good for making big holes in thick things.
rabble rabble about carbon, regardless of the fact that the power plant isn't releasing radiation, even the miners get skin cancer and lung cancer, and it's considered an occupational hazard.
works great for places that have uranium already, but you would have to be an absolute moron to ship hot rocks all the way across the planet instead of using what's under your feet to heat your house.
>>
>>796229
you mean the feds choices have no impact on the independent dont need no big bad federal gov electrical network in Texas?
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT. ITS ONLY BEEN POINTED OUT A THOUSAND TIMES THAT TEXAS' ELECTRIC GRID IS UNIQUE IN THE NATION
>>
>>796240
You seem lost.
Feds executive orders definitely have an impact on the publicly traded companies that supply Texas natural gas, it's irrelevant what they want to do or try to do, if there's no suppliers to buy extra gas from.
holy hell dude catch up.
>>
>>796240
I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say and I'm pretty sure you didn't understand what I said either.
>>
>>796236
>no
I mean yes. Holy hell I misunderstood you. lol It ended 2013
>>
>>796114
Oh, no, no, no, no, lolibertian scorched earth Ayn Rand disciples literally BTFO!

>The Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which plays the role of traffic cop for Texas' energy providers, directing energy from producers to distributors, predicted that this winter would see wind produce about 7,070 megawatts at peak load times. By the council's own daily figures, wind power in Texas has produced between 4,415 and 8,087 megawatts at peak times since the storm began.

>By contrast, the state's "thermal fleet" — mostly natural gas, but also including coal and nuclear power — has been down significantly more, leading to a shortfall of 30,000 megawatts, the council told the local news outlet WKYC.

>About 56 percent of Texas' energy comes from natural gas, just under 24 percent comes from wind, 19 percent from coal, and almost 9 percent from nuclear energy.

>"About a third of our thermal fleet is offline," said Joshua Rhodes, a research associate at the University of Texas in Austin who specializes in the power grid. "We typically count on about 90 percent of it being available during a peak event."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258185
>>
>>796249
based and correlates with >>796188
>>
>>796249
>nbc
Fake news. Nice try chang
>>
>>796254
>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258185
It's definitely out of context and they've set it up to correlate with their misleading omissions but yeah.

It goes on to recommend nuke power, and I've stated why that's a foreign fuck-fuck rip you off plan.
>>
>>796256
>NBC should have to register as a foreign agent at this fucking point it's basically RT.
>>
>>796240
Ths eo is in the op and targets texas specifically
>>
>>796278
So?
>>
>>796279
The issue of people needing to pay $10k+ for their electric bill was specifically caused by this eo
>>
OP is a Fox news/Newsmax viewer.
Uncritical thinking consumer of news pap.
And He strips for a living and puts bombs in mailboxes and is virulently anti-Dems.
>>
>>796286
>If you don't let people take unplanned donations from you and freeze children to death in the process you are a terrorist
based communist logic is based
>>
>>796282
It wasn't though. Renewables make up a tiny chunk of the Texas grid and failures were across the board due to failure to winterize. It's just bizarre to see somebody trying to turn this into Bidens fault.
>>
>>796292
You didn't read the DOE order, did you?
>>
>>796292
Wow just read the EO and youre right. Biden and their green new deal policies utterly fucked over Texas

>>796295
Seethe Chang. No one is buying your damage control
>>
>>796292
>failure to winterize
this is your mind on idiot logic.
OK for example could have easily sent more NG but their producers literally all went bankrupt, holy hell catch up.
That's why texas doesn't winterize, there's these things called pipes, and they send gas where it's needed, if nothing is running through the pipes, the things that use gas don't get it.
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this.
>>
>>796299
>That's why texas doesn't winterize
They didn't winterize because the administration left the decision on whether or not to winterize up to the private companies who, predictably, didn't do it because it was expensive. This is literally all over the news. How are you so confident about a topic you clearly know nothing about?
>>
>>796302
Why the fuck would you winterize for one year out of 10 years, when before the investment manipulation you could just send fucking more gas from out of state if it got that cold?

>oh wait I'm arguing with a retard
>>
>>796305
>One day out of 10 years
At that.
>>
>>796305
>Why the fuck would you winterize for one year out of 10 years, when before the investment manipulation you could just send fucking more gas from out of state if it got that cold?

Doesn't matter if you get more gas if your shit isn't working because it's too cold lmao

They didn't have this problem because they ran out of gas or some retarded shit, you fucking nincompoop.
>>
>>796305
>Why the fuck would you winterize for one year out of 10 years
To prevent a massive statewide catastrophe that kills and displaces the people who depend on vital services? Because natural disasters are rare in an area its perfectly acceptable to just leave your infrastructure completely vulnerable to collapse if and when the disaster happens? What kind of logic is this?

>when before the investment manipulation you could just send fucking more gas from out of state if it got that cold?
Because sending in more gas from out of state has nothing to do with the fact that Texas allowed private companies to opt out of upgrading their infrastructure to prevent a catastrophe if the temperature ever dropped. How the fuck is extra gas from out of state going to help the fact that the pipelines which provide gas to people froze over due to corporate neglect and incompetence?

>oh wait I'm arguing with a retard
Says the person who thinks the crisis in Texas right now is because the gas ran out. Again, how are you so confident about a topic you know nothing about? Is this the dunning kruger I keep hearing about?
>>
>>796299
The narrative being pushed is that the power plant equipment was freezing
>>
ITT: retards bicker about things they don't have any knowledge of
>>
>>796309
>"Hey guys, if we characterize objective facts being presented to people as "a narrative being pushed" all of our knuckle dragging followers will turn their brains off and just go with the assumption that reality is liberal propaganda.
>>
>>796312
Its just chinese bots pushing their global warming propaganda
>>
>>796309
Yeah because it fucking ran out of gas........
It'll keep going, but if it runs out getting it started in -5 degrees when it's not winterized is a different story.

They intentionally caused a perfect storm to make retards >>796308
>>796307
Believe this so they'll completely miss the point.
Investment fraud has been going on for so long, because, well, you have to remember the average IQ is 100. That means 50% of Americans are retards who will parrot the narrative they heard from someone they trust, without a single though that "Gee whiz I don't know how a power plant works" or "Gee whiz I've never worked in oil/gas in my life, I don't think I've ever seen a gas well in my life either".
>>
>>796171
>btfo by science
this is a really odd thing to hear a republican say
i see you're quick to put on the science sash when you think it benefits your point
which, if you actually read the article you linked, it doesn't
dumbass
>>
>>796317
>Investment fraud has been going on for so long, because, well, you have to remember the average IQ is 100.
I noticed in this entire post you didn't make a single argument or present a single fact for why we're wrong. I'll try this again - how do you contend with the dozens of news articles and investigative stories which exclusively cite Texas officials' lack of winterization as the major contributor to the crisis right now? All you've done so far is call people stupid and vaguely gesture at some narrative being pushed but you haven't actually made any point at all.
>>
>>796319
Holy hell read the thread.
>>
>>796320
I made a specific claim and then one poster in particular responded with "Haha, you're low IQ. A narrative exists." This isn't an argument. If there's an argument located somewhere else in the thread just click on the post number, dipshit.
>>
>>796319
Because every fuckup they make is really liberals fault lmao
>>
>>796322
you made a claim already shot down earlier in the thread, because you didn't even read it, others had made identical claims.

>Low IQ
>>
>>796325
Then cite the post number. If I ask for a specific argument and an argument exists then just cite it. Are you new to 4chan or just fucking braindead? Lets try this again - how do you contend with the dozens of news articles and investigative stories which exclusively cite Texas officials' lack of winterization as the major contributor to the crisis right now?
>>
>>796286
Worse than all of that, he celebrates Republicants leaving their dogs to freeze to death because "they deserved it if they didn't have any bootstraps to pull themselves up by because they don't wear boots." They should have read Horatio Algier, lol!
>>
>>796326
> how do you contend with the dozens of news articles and investigative stories
A better question is why do you believe them? Have you analyzed them? Have you actually listened to anyone refute their claims or did you just kubrick stare at the screen and start posting exactly what you heard like an echo of a human being?

It doesn't matter if it contributed you dingus, you are like zoning in on a result of what I'm talking about.

If a bridge wasn't built to spec and a truck that's supposed to be able to drive on it falls through, was it the truck's fault or the bridges fault?
>>
>>796251
>>796254
>>796256
The utterly imbecile conservative cope is here, on full display. Take note Independents and non-maga cult Republicans.

>>796256
What context is missing, mouth drooler?
>>
>>796333
I thought the republicans were the ones shilling for nuclear power?
You really think this is a right/left thing?
>>
>>796332
>Have you actually listened to anyone refute their claims
I find this funny because I've asked you three times to refute their claims and, again, you refuse to answer. If the news is all wrong then just provide the counter-argument. Give me a link. Anything. I've asked you to refute it several times and you absolutely will not answer any of my questions so why are you doing this silly song and dance act where you criticize me for supposedly not seeking out any dissenting opinions? I'm asking you right now for your dissenting opinion and you're fucking flailing.

>If a bridge wasn't built to spec and a truck that's supposed to be able to drive on it falls through, was it the truck's fault or the bridges fault?
So are you going to give me any information that supports your claims and disproves the media consensus or is this dumb analogy the best you have?
>>
>>796205
>>796205
>https://www.forbes.com/sites/kensilverstein/2020/09/02/natural-gas-is-core-to-the-new-energy-economy---the-one-created-by-joe-biden/?sh=434264b23e7b
September, get people to invest etc

Jan, feb
https://www.rigzone.com/news/could_biden_order_kill_gom_oil_and_gas-17-feb-2021-164644-article/
TONS of articles against natural gas, executive orders ie concrete steps to remove energy independence and remove the US from international competition in the single stroke of a pen without congressional approval or anything under shaky at best pretenses.
He's a flipper flop, its interesting that it's natural gas, an industry that his son is heavily invested in through friends etc as well.

he literally works for anyone who isn't the USA but he's been buddy buddy with Xi lately, and his son has moved tons of Chinese money in the past and probably still does.
>>
1. ERCOT needed to produce more power to prevent worse outages
2. To produce this power they needed to generate more power with coal and gas plants
3. Normally, Department of Energy regulations don't allow this to cut down on emissions
4. The DOE granted ERCOT's request to generate more power outside of regulation because of the emergency
5. But the DOE included the caveat that the power produced this way had to be sold at no less than $1500/MWh
6. That's over 12 times the normal market price for Texas in the winter
7. Wholesale retailers who sell power to customers at the same price they buy it at thus passed on the inflated cost to the customers

So the DOE's unnecessary stipulation may have forced high power bills on some customers. Ultimately the price went to the maximum allowed amount of $9000/MWh so it isn't clear how the $1500/MWh requirement may have impacted the situation, if at all. Additionally, wind farms had to buy power on the market to meet certain contractual obligations for daily power generation, leading to up to $47 million losses for them, which may also have contributed to market demand (and thus price) during the emergency, but with $50 billion in power sales this week, it probably didn't have much impact.

If any of this info is news to you then why the fuck are in you even in this thread, you illiterate retards? Not including lurkers, of course.
>>
>>796352
So this is 100% proof that Bidens reckless policies are to blame. How will democucks try to spin this one?
>>
>>796352
So:
>mess up the supply of Natty gas while buying it up
>force them into a position which forces them to pay tons for it
>several people die while you and your homies make a sweet buck

holy hell these people are sick, it reminds me of what went down in Crimea before they went nanners
>>
>>796356
Actually holy hell - Obama did nothing about Russian aggression in Ukraine, because the vice president WAS the Russian aggression in ukraine.

I need a cigarette.
>>
>>796357
>>796356
>>796354
>>796352
Jesus christ the greed of the leftist elite is almost unfathomable
>>
>>796333
what if both parties are at fault
>>
>>796362
>>796357
>>796356
>>796354
>>796352
Its like that these were shit businesses to begin with and all the Democrats did was send them to their long awaited economic grave as the free market intended.
>>
>>796363
they always are
>>
>>796364
Seems like a poor thing to do during a pandemic or natural disaster
>>
>>796139
>>796199
>>796191
enjoy yor dying empire burger.
Our glorious Xi and our guardians, the glorious CCP will send the decadent burgers aid and propaganda 30 yrs from now.
Yor burger children can come clean my children's toilets as foreign workers, but first you kids must be decontaminated!
How you like my Engwish, burger?
Teach yor kids glorious Mandarin now and maybe they get toilet cleaning jobs at the home of my glorious ancestors
>>
>>796354
>So this is 100% proof that Bidens reckless policies are to blame.
How?
>>
>>796364
>Goalposts 4: The shiftening
>>
>>796373
you aren't wrong but I can't imagine being proud of being part of the chinese machine
be careful about posting online chang or you might piss off the wrong party member and have your organs participate in the planned economy
>>
>>796364
These companies were doing incredibly well and competing on an international scale, Xi.
>>
>>796364
>ROFLMAO@companies that failed because of Biden!
>>
>>796376
Cope, Chang
>>
>>796385
He probably gets paid per post. funding a shill campaign doesn't cost much and if this works they serve to make billions while he's still living in an apartment the size of his bed.
>>
>>796373
GLORIOUS!
>>
>>796381
>I can't imagine being proud of being part of the chinese machine
One must embrace the CCP fully and rise through cronyism.
WE admire your Ted Cruz, he would do well here in our CCP
>>
>>796390
>WE admire your Ted Cruz, he would do well here in our CCP

Onion worthy satire, because it contains a grain of truth.
>>
>>796392
All the tRump Rump kissers would do well in the CCP.
>>
so can we impeach biden for the people he murdered with that executive order?
>>
>>796415
His son is currently under investigation and is a wanted criminal in Ukraine currently, which is why I think they're being so bold, trying to take as much money they can and run with it.
Maybe probably.
>>
>>796114
Nah, the fault is entirely on ERCOT because they put all their eggs on gas, and refused to spend the necessary money to weather proof their system.
The blood of texans is on the hands of Capitalist greed.
>>
>>796423
>nah
>nah bro nah
that's not how any of this works, you may have been able to create your own reality to keep yourself from crying when daddy beat you up every night, but that's not how any of this works.
>>
>>796423
Your entire claim is based upon binary logic wherein there can be no inbetween since the protections to prevent this from happening were removed; Binary logic a symptom of many personality disorders in the DSM 5.
>>
>>796424
>>796425
Nah, the reason it happened was deregulation and greed on the part of capitalists and republicans. If the power companies were forced to fit their power plants and supply lines for cold weather, this wouldn't be an issue.
To somehow say they weren't able to burn coal because of Biden is just more right wing propaganda and yet another Big Lie.
All you can do is pray that Texans are retarded enough to fall for your latest Big Lie.
>>
>>796423
Most of the deaths were from CO poisoning, so I think the blood is on hands of the education system for not teaching people how to survive in cold weather. Not being ready for the coldest storm in 72 years is hardly due to greed, it'd be ridiculous to weather-proof for a storm like Uri. Had they forced companies to winterize and there hadn't been a storm, people would be criticizing them for wasting money. Its a damned if they do/damned if they don't situation, and they made the statistically correct choice.
>>
>>796427
Capitalism socialism or communism isn't the problem anon. its a lack of empathy. All systems are used to rip people off, only in our system we're afforded the right to the discourse we're having right now to make ramifications.

>Xi
>>
>>796430
>Had they forced companies to winterize and there hadn't been a storm, people would be criticizing them for wasting money.
This is a stupid take and you should feel bad for posting it
>>
>>796430
Actually it is due to greed because they corporations wanted to make as much money as possible so they didn't do the bare minimum to keep the system from collapsing.

Notice how they're all salivating over the fact they can price gouge power after they intentionally did all this? With one referring to it as a jackpot?
This is capitalism at its finest.
>>
>>796473
>because in communism you would just have to accept that the natural gas is being bought out and restricted to you so that your nationalized rinky dink single gas well will never be able to compete on an international scale as long as you get a shill in charge of it and you just have to lube up and start eating babies because all the meat spoiled
>>
>>796473
Some of them did winterize after 2011, so the premise that they all wanted to make as much as possible and do the bare minimum is objectively false.
>>
>>796352
>4. The DOE granted ERCOT's request to generate more power outside of regulation because of the emergency
>5. But the DOE included the caveat that the power produced this way had to be sold at no less than $1500/MWh
The $1500/MWh price floor was part of ERCOT's request so I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>796114
kek
THIS DUDE IS A QANON FAGGOT RETARD WHO LIVES IN A MAKE BELIVE TOM CLANCY NOVEL AND JACKS OFF WITH HIS OWN SHIT WHILE READING GUNS AND AMMO AND EATING LIPSTICK

THIS DUDE IS A QANON FAGGOT RETARD WHO LIVES IN A MAKE BELIVE TOM CLANCY NOVEL AND JACKS OFF WITH HIS OWN SHIT WHILE READING GUNS AND AMMO AND EATING LIPSTICK

>>
>>796495
Sorry that's my bad. The wording of the DOE's order made it sound like the price floor was related to minimizing emissions, but it is actually from the RUC offer floor.
>>
Feel your frustration American Fren. Hopefully this individual goes into heart failure.

Sooner rather than later.

Keep your head up Texas, hard to kill since your inception.
>>
>>796431
Based and Thomas Jefferson pilled.
>>
>>796505
Why doesn't Bidet do this to Kalifornification instead?
>>
>>796643
Biden has nothing to do with what happened in Texas.
>>
>>796645
A Chang lie. Nice try.
>>
>>796648
Says the real Chang who is also taking rubles on the side.
>>
>>796145
Bruh, Biden legit accepted money to cause a Mass Incarceration of Blacks and Poor people... He even stated out of his own mouth that he didnt want Blacks to go to schools with Whites... He's a hardcore racist.
>>
>>796127
biden controls the weather in the same way trump caused coronavirus.
if "experts" agree trump was to blame for the virus, then you must agree that biden is responsible for the weather.
>>
>blaming Biden for Griddy's service where you agree to pay the wholesale price of electricity
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/22/infowars/biden-administration-did-not-block-texas-increasin/
>the Energy Department did not "block" Texas from increasing power production before the winter storm hit. The "major smoking gun" cited by InfoWars is actually an emergency order that temporarily suspended federal emissions caps in the state so that some power plants could operate at maximum capacity.
>the Energy Department did the opposite. On the same day that ERCOT asked the government to allow power plants to exceed federal emissions caps, the Energy Department granted the request. The emergency order helped Texas increase its power production during what became a devastating winter storm.
Biden derangement syndrome is real
>>
>>796658
>believing politifact
None of what you're saying is relevant to the root problem of not being able to produce enough natural gas because less is being produced, the keystone pipeline is mostly closed so it has to go elsewhere and etc so it doesn't matter at all.

We went from an energy exporter to nearly needing imports. When your son is a foreign oil exec and you crash the industry of a country, it looks a lot like an overt act of high treason.
>>
>>796697
The Biden Crime Family’s corruption is staggeringly blatant. This is how I know not to trust the MSM, when the evidence is clearly in the open yet they still find a way to dupe the public. Astounding.
>>
>>796707
Just like the "evidence" of voter fraud that 80+ courts rejected? You got the Quaken this time cultist?
>>
>>796710
Again, a non sequitur.
>>
>>796707
>Trump has 2 scoops of impeachment forever and ever
>30+ close Trump associates convicted of felonies
>Trump obstructs justice at least 10 times in just the Mueller investigation
>Trump and his family to be indicted on felony tax crimes
>Obama/Biden administration never had a single associate indicted despite having a Republican Congress 6 out of 8 years.
Meanwhile Biden allows the DOJ attorney appointed by Barr to continue investigating Hunter even though he could force him to resign. Stop projecting your Dear Leader's and his family's rampant criminality onto Biden. It makes you cultists look even more pathetic than you already appear.
>>
>>796738
Why aren't they both guilty?

>oh wait you're an obvious shill
>>
>>796738
>Thanks for bumping
>>
>>796747
>he still uses bump order on /news/
Your doing it wrong.
>>
>>796748
The default is bump order, so, its the first one normies see if someone is skimming through - shills are literally only here to convince them. Most people who are literate will read through the thread and notice their fallacious and non-sequitur arguments and partisan propaganda bs.
>>
>>796750
There are no normies here and everyone you don't like you think is a shill.
>>
>>796752
>It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>796744
>Why aren't they both guilty?
Nice meaningless argument cultist. At least go to your rightwing echo chambers and gather irrational false narratives we can laugh at, otherwise you just look lazy.
>>
>>796805
>another non sequitur
how surprising
>>
>>796809
You obviously don't know the meaning of non-sequiter cultist. Stick to your 2 syllable 4th grade vocabulary your Dear Leader uses.
>>
>>796139
>The wind farms froze causing the issue
lol
>>
>>796656
>if "experts" agree trump was to blame for the virus
post links to back up your claims Cletus
>>
>>796656
If states like New York were responsible for their individual handling of Covid and Trump wasn't responsible at all because he "can't control states" then Texas is solely at fault lol.
>>
>>796738
Seethe Chang.
>>
>>796883
Thats not how any of this works, anon. you failed 5th grade civics.
>>
>>796887
That's how it worked for conservatives a few months ago lol.
I can find posts in the archives that says exactly that Trump wasn't at fault for states' actions lol.
>>
>>796894
What do you personally believe though? Were Trump and Biden at fault for these states' actions or not?
>>
>>796895
Just look at their responses lol.
Biden's just giving them disaster relief and not wasting time in front of cameras accusing conservatives of politicizing Texas lol.
>>
>>796896
so was Biden at fault for texas or not?
>>
>>796899
clearly he was but don't expect leftist Chang shills to be honest about it. If corona is the Trump virus than this is the Biden Winter. Fair is fair. Just calling it like how a rational person would see it. Don't expect rationality from Leftists though.
>>
>>796899
I'm not making value judgements such as how much fault one person can be for a statewide electric grid or a nationwide pandemic, cause I don't pretend to fully understand all the workings of a state's electric grid or the complete workings of national viral disease spread, plus all the effects that various policies can have on these complicated systems. I don't pretend I can fully understand all these from skimming a few news articles (or maybe in your case, a few fringe blogposts). I think that Trump acted like a jackass on TV when he could've easily chosen not to while Biden is acting more composed and practical, but that doesn't allow me to accurately measure their responsibilities in these two disasters. You however, are proposing overly simplistic methods to make such value judgements, and I merely demonstrated that this simplistic method is flimsy and can be easily reach the opposite of your conclusion.

tl;dr: you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded lol
>>
>>796899
Yes, and there is a concerted effort to obfuscate any intelligent discourse, but the EOs he passed are public record and there's no amount of shareblue or lemmings that can change that.
>>
>>796913
>many states use green energy
>only texas shut down for a few inches of snow
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>796915
If there was EOs prohibiting the importation of Uranium much like prohibiting the production of gas which were passed and the president elect started droning on incessantly about how evil stinky and bad it and similar fuels were, the same thing would happen to any of those states using it, anon.>>796352
>>796192
>>796188
>>
>>796916
I guess there wasn't such an EO cause 49 states still have power despite many of them getting more snow and having greater population densities. Maybe other states can just cope much better than Texas can.
>>
>>796915
>state is adversely effected by a freak weather pattern they do not experience 99.99% of the time. This is the state's fault.
>solar and wind being completely ineffective in an emergency is not the fault of solar and wind, and the solution is to just poor more fossil fuel and money into solar and wind to try to make them worth in the freak weather pattern

I think my favorite fallacy so far is the "muh wind turbines work in Antarctica", as if the population and and energy needs there are even remotely close to what Texas has.
Or the notion that this only happened to Texas because Texas has it's own grid, as if there wasn't a much larger and longer lasting blackout of the entire East Coast grid in 2003- for no reason other than a software glitch.
>>
>>796908
>I think that Trump acted like a jackass on TV when he could've easily chosen not
What, about the pandemic? I actually really appreciate the way Trump handled it optimistically and in a non-authoritarian manner
>>
>>796917
>Maybe other states can just cope much better than Texas can.

Sure. Who else is ready for rolling blackout and wildfire season in California?
>>
>>796918
> This is the state's fault.
Oh but it is surely the president's fault 1 month after taking office, cause we all know that the federal government can make systematic changes to infrastructure instantly. If you think 0.01% disasters are not worthy of consideration, then fine, I won't blame Texas, but it is factual that they are doing worse than other states that got hit worse, and depend on green energy more. Trying to blame other parties after that is just dishonesty.

>>796920
I don't know, do other states get bigger wildfires than California? Maybe some do and California is just bad, but I'm not making such claims so you have to look it up yourself.
>>
>>796919
Maybe you should ask the voters what they thought about his response.
>>
>shills ignoring earlier posts and just bringing the thread back to square 1.

It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>796922
That's a funny zing. For real though do you wish Trump had been nore authoritarian in his response?
>>
>>796929
He could've just shut the fuck up in front the cameras and let the people he hired talk, if you think that's authoritarian then you should just go back to spamming Momiji edits in /ptg/. He couldn't however, so enjoy this new "authoritarian" administration as a result.
>>
>>796933
>He could've just shut the fuck up in front the cameras and let the people he hired talk
He usually did, you would know this if you actually watched the full conferences instead of the spicy Trump clips that the media focuses in on.
Not saying that the new administration is fully authoritarian, but it's certainly more authoritarian than Trump's.
>>
>>796943
No, he didn't. His most common thing was
>Hold a press conference at the White House
>Let Fauci or doctor lady speak
>They say something he doesn't like
>He steps in right after they're done to directly contradict what they just said
So many times they would say something like
>Wear a mask, it's considerably better than doing nothing
And then Trump would get up and say
>Well I don't really know how useful those are I mean it's just a piece of cloth how much could it do? I've heard good things about UV light treatments, maybe if we can shine that through people....

Which I know had a negative impact, because I've heard my retarded relatives parrot those exact same talking points he used, almost word for word, to say why they wouldn't wear masks and should use obviously fake panaceas.

So yeah, since he only hires "the best people", maybe he should have tried letting them do their job, instead of undermining them at every turn to try and downplay the virus for the sake of "optimism"
>>
>>796943
No he did not. He had to be the center of attention like any 2 yo toddler. Not only that, but after a few weeks when he decided to go full bore into pretending there was no pandemic in the US he ceased having any news conferences and prevented govt. MD's like Brix and Fauci from talking to the press. Now that's authoritarian. Don't even get me started on his ignoring of Constitutional checks and balances to turn the presidency into an Imperial Monarch.
>>
>>796943
>instead of the spicy Trump clips
They exist because he couldn't shut the fuck up. The media didn't doctor Trump talking nonsense, Trump talked nonsense and they recorded it.
>>
>>796943
>He usually did, you would know this if you actually watched the full conferences instead of the spicy Trump clips that the media focuses in on.
Does it ever bother you that you're constantly forced to play the "No no no, you don't understand, what he ACTUALLY meant was...." for someone who is supposed to be your leader? Someone who is supposed to be the master communicator and negotiator? How do you reconcile your perception of his 4D chess playing abilities with the fact that you constantly have to clean up after his incoherent babbling and make excuses for him?

>Not saying that the new administration is fully authoritarian, but it's certainly more authoritarian than Trump's.
I think the issue is you think authoritarian means "whenever the government does stuff I disagree with".
>>
>>796917
illiterate

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.