[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hold the traitors accountable.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-impeachment-vote-capitol-siege-0a6f2a348a6e43f27d5e1dc486027860

WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of the U.S. House has voted to impeach President Donald Trump for a second time, just a week after he encouraged loyalists to “fight like hell” against election results — a speech that was followed by a mob of his supporters storming the U.S. Capitol. The House vote on an article of impeachment for “incitement of insurrection” was still underway Wednesday afternoon.

During debate before the vote, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked Republicans and Democrats to “search their souls.” Trump would be the first American president to be impeached twice.

Trump “must go,” Pelosi said. “He is a clear and present danger to the nation we all love.”

Actual removal seems unlikely before the Jan. 20 inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden. A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Republican leader would not agree to bring the chamber back immediately, all but ensuring a Senate trial could not begin at least until Jan. 19.

Still, McConnell did not rule out voting to convict Trump in the event of a trial. In a note to his fellow Republican senators just before the House was to begin voting, he said he is undecided.

“While the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate,” McConnell wrote.

In the House, the momentum for action has been unstoppable.

The impeachment proceedings came one week after a violent, pro-Trump mob breached the U.S. Capitol, sending lawmakers into hiding and revealing the fragility of the nation’s history of peaceful transfers of power. The riot has also forced a reckoning among some Republicans, who have stood by Trump throughout his presidency and largely allowed him to spread false attacks against the integrity of the 2020 election.
>>
As two Republican lawmakers — Washington Reps. Dan Newhouse and Jaime Herrera Beutler — announced on the floor they would vote to impeach, Trump issued a new statement urging “NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind.” But he has repeatedly declined to take any responsibility for last week’s riots.

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy said for the first time that Trump does bear responsibility, acknowledging on the House floor before the vote that Biden is the next president and that radical liberal groups were not responsible for the riots, as some conservatives have falsely claimed.

But McCarthy said he opposed impeachment, instead favoring a “fact finding commission” and censure.

As for threats of more trouble from intruders, security was exceptionally tight at the Capitol with shocking images of massed National Guard troops, secure perimeters around the complex and metal-detector screenings required for lawmakers entering the House chamber.

“We are debating this historic measure at a crime scene,” said Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass.

Though McConnell is declining to hasten an impeachment trial, a Republican strategist told The Associated Press the GOP leader believes Trump committed impeachable offenses and considers the Democrats’ impeachment drive an opportunity to reduce the divisive, chaotic president’s hold on the GOP.

McConnell called major Republican donors last weekend to gauge their thinking about Trump and was told that Trump had clearly crossed a line. McConnell told them he was through with Trump, said the strategist, who demanded anonymity to describe McConnell’s conversations.
>>
>>768956
And the myth of the 2024 run is officially busted.
>>
10 Republicans still care. The rest, do not. I doubt this will get through the Senate, but overall it feels like everyone wants to throw the book at him so I dunno.
>>
>>768962
It's just more proof that conservatives are the real enemy of America. No different from when they betrayed the country during the Civil War and formed the confederacy.

>But mum political party!
Ideology is all that matters, they were the conservatives.
>>
>>768962
I think it does. Several companies have stopped campaign funding until that vote is done. Guess which senators will lose a ton of funding and likely have well-funded candidates running against them in the next election?
>>
>>768962
Even if he doesn't get removed, second impeachment means he can't run again and loses a lot of benefits.
>>
>>768961
He has to get convicted in the senate. Although correct me if I'm wrong but he only needs a few votes in the senate to lose his post-presidential travel funds and basically any post-presidential benefits that comes out of tax payer pocket
>>
>>768962
They absolutely should throw the book at him. Trump and his legion of braindead cultists are a threat to America. I don't care how hurt their feelings are, it doesn't give them the right to actively try and undermine democracy.
>>
>>768967
Only if convicted, but given he's been found guilty of insurrection, the House can in theory invoke the 14th amendment to bar him from running for office.
Assuming Trump terrorists don't do anything first.
>>
>>768972
Thing is, I'm not afraid of Trump terrorists because the nat guard is there, and also because The US Military aren't joining them. Because while pol wants to meme it, guess what, the US Military is a non-chaos element that doesn't pick sides, they defend the nation, and the people saying they want to "save america" are also raiding the Capitol. So yeah US Military ain't siding with them.
>>
>>768974
The military isn't a monolith. The breaching of the US capitol showed that a handful of collaborators on the ground, and a single one in the actual chain of command like Chris Miller would be devastating, there is a reason why the military is scrambling to vet all the troops that are going to be doing security in DC, and there are going to be a F U C K ton of hearings and events that are going to require security in the near future.
>>
Honestly even if this doesn't get through the senate, this sets a clear and cut message. We will not let shit like what happened last Wednesday pass by unnoticed, and we will NOT tolerate or risk riding out the final week of Trump's reign with the risk of what else he could do. His platform is broken and he is alone in the White House. All he has is a base of cultists that would rather see a Populist country, over the Democratic Nation that, while always never perfect, is still OUR nation.
>>
>>768956

Nancy Pelosi is the political Thor dropping Mjolnir on the Orange Loki that is Trump: and killing it's 2024 hopes.

Good.
>>
>>768976
Even so, we can't just give in to fear that somehow a bunch of crazy Alt-righters led by a balding steak salesman are going to influence half of the most advanced military in the world because "muh election".
>>
You Democrats are some the stupidest, vile, uneducated, retards known to man. There hasn't been anything like you since Nazis started their cancel culture. Your fucked up dreams about how America needs to be will backfire on you all. I guarantee it so keep killing your babies and continue lying to yourself. When you have no jobs and welfare runs out of money you faggots will ask the Republicans oooooh what should I do? We will whisper in you ears, prepare for hell because that's where you will be going. Asshats.
>>
>>768981
This is just a more boring version of Rorschach's monologue from Watchmen.
>>
>>768974
I'm more worried about how compromised the military is. The officer corp is clearly going to fight for America against Trump.
The wild card is going to be the the rank and file, and don't think there aren't going to be a good chunk of them who betray America for Trump.
Same with police.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/police-capitol-riot-antifa-conspiracy-theories_n_5ffe14abc5b63642b6ffeb0c
>>
>>768981

Yeah. Well, as of not even half an hour ago, even your so-called - and now more than worthless - 'Opinion' is invalid.

Whine more, little Trumptard: your impotent whines fuel our Schadenfreude: and our superiority to inferior subhuman Nazis, /pol/tards, saltier-rightists etc.

You have FAILED. Good.
>>
>>768981

Lol did you just compare democrats to Nazi’s?!?

Nah, man... tRump is the modern day Hitler
>>
>>768976

The consequences for soldiers are much more dire and the legal bar for punishing them is much lower than for average citizens. Everyone in a unit knows who their most likely to fuck up hardcases are, and those guys are going to be sitting at a desk answering the phone instead of anywhere near a protest when it happens. Everyone else is going to be thinking of the very real possibility of a dishonorable discharge and maybe time in a military prison if they don't do the right thing. It is extraordinarily unlikely that a military unit would participate in a political uprising.
>>
>>768981
Laugh at Big Jim, everyone
>>
Too politically fucked up for words to describe, the Democrats should adopt black uniforms as their new uniform. Trump is not a traitor, he's the last real conservative and true supporter of peace in American politics. Imagine, a president who hasn't started a new war...and they did everything to destroy the man.
>>
>>768988
Thank god.
>>
>>768962
McConnell said he would vote for Impeachment. The Turtle has more pull than the Tangerine now.
>>
>>768988
UCMJ Article 94

(a) "Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuse, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

>(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."

----

We know that there were soldiers among the terrorist mob who were flashing their IDs and badges to get in. These people are FUCKED when they get identified. Best case scenario is that they spend a long time in Leavenworth.
>>
>>768993
Conservatives are everything wrong with America
>>
>>768988
Given in the mind of a the traitors, they think this is it and they have to act though? Even a few traitors in each unit can be devastating for a quick response against terrorists.
Have the guard that's been deployed been vetted properly? If that's even possible?
>>
>>768956
>fight like hell” against election results — a speech that was followed by a mob of his supporters storming the U.S. Capitol.

A speech that was still going on while the capital building was over run.

Inaccurate journalism. Situation normal, nothing to see here, move along.
>>
>>769002
Proof?
>>
>>768997
Feels like anything can happen now.
>>
>>768981
>You Democrats are some the stupidest, vile, uneducated, retards known to man.
The next time you plan on insulting other people's intelligence, I suggest you check your grammar. Retard.
>>
>>769002
Stop downplaying this like it's no big deal. We're questioning it, and you're gonna sit there and take it like a man.
>>
>>768993
>he's the last real conservative
Trump is an east coast real-estate mogul sleazebag that used to be a Democrat and hanged out with the Clinton's and Epstein, shut the fuck up you retard.
>>
>>769003
This was brought to attention by a male representative from New York, 20 minutes or so before the vote. Also several people at the speech.
>>
>>768967
>>768972
second impeachment doesnt do anything special, but he can be disqualified from running for office, and I beleive not receive a presidential pension and other benefits, from a simple majority vote rather than the 2/3s for removal. but it might be a separate vote from the removal vote

https://law.justia.com/constitution/us/article-2/49-judgment-removal-and-disqualification.html#fn-856

>Unlike removal, disqualification from office is a discretionary judgment, and there is no explicit constitutional linkage to the two-thirds vote on conviction. Although an argument can be made that disqualification should nonetheless require a two-thirds vote,855 the Senate has determined that disqualification may be accomplished by a simple majority vote.856

>The Senate imposed disqualification twice, on Judges Humphreys and Archbald. In the Humphreys trial the Senate determined that the issues of removal and disqualification are divisible, 3 Hinds’ Precedents Of The House Of Representatives § 2397 (1907), and in the Archbald trial the Senate imposed judgment of disqualification by vote of 39 to 35. 6 Cannon’sprecedents Of The House Of Representatives § 512 (1936). During the 1936 trial of Judge Ritter, a parliamentary inquiry as to whether a two-thirds vote or a simple majority vote is required for disqualification was answered by reference to the simple majority vote in the Archbald trial. 3 Deschler’sprecedents ch. 14, § 13.10. The Senate then rejected disqualification of Judge Ritter by vote of 76–0. 80 Cong. Rec. 5607 (1936).
>>
>>768970
I think the reason they are acting like this because of all of the people involved in city burnings and autonomous zones are getting away with terrorists acts.
>>
>>769008
and his name is? You have a link?
>>
>>768993
>true supporter of peace in american politics
Ah yes, storming the capital with guns, explosives and handcuffs with intent to kidnap/kill our leadership and overthrow a fair election. Much peace, such docile, wow.
>>
>>769006
I’m saying this was going on while Trump was speaking. He said to March to the Capital, not to seize it.
>>
>The pardon power of the President is based on Article Two of the United States Constitution (Section 2, Clause 1), which provides: ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.

>except in Cases of impeachment.
So this mean Trump has lost his power to pardon?
>>
>>769010
>bUt WHat AbOUt aNtIFa!?
Please. Please just fuck off already. We're talking about what Trump terrorists did wrong. Everyone is more than fed up with your endless whataboutism.
>>
>>769012
Those guys believe that the election was frauded.
>>
>>769015
When one side is treated better that the other side it will cause extremist divisions. The best way to fix this solution is to get rid of extremists on both sides.
>>
>>768968
see >>769009
it says its a discretionary judgement, Idk if that means that it would be a separate vote, but I think it would be. I'm not sure if disqualification is inherently tied to the post-presidential benefits, or if those are separate discretionary matters
>>
>>769011
Looks like Lee Zeldin. It was on ABC during the timed statements before the actual vote
>>
>>769017
Nah, let's just get rid of all the extremists who took part of, or gave aid and comfort to people who took part in Trump's coup.
>>
>>769010
>Yeah so we marched into the Capitol with intent to kill some politicans MAYBE
>BUT WHAT ABOUT DA BLACK PEOPLE?!
>>
>>768956
does he still have pardoning power through this process? he was going all out with those, so at the very least I'm sure we're better off without those continuing
>>
>>769014
Looks like it
>>
>>769017
If you think that the 3 hour fiasco is bad, just wait until Chauvin is found not guilty because they insisted on a murder 1 charge.
>>
>>769014
I think it's more like he technically can pardon himself, but not if it's an offense that he's impeached for.

>>769022
That's always been the question, if a president actually has the power to pardon himself. No president actually has, Nixon resigned and Ford pardoned him before he could be impeached, and the only two other presidents who have been impeached were Andrew Jackson (who was impeached but acquitted) and Bill Clinton (also impeached but acquitted).

Also

>Trump now owns 50% of the total Presidential impeachments
lol
>>
>>769026
So you can pardon everyone still, unless it's related to the crime he's impeached for.
So everyone can still be prosecuted for the coup, but he can get off the hook for all the other crimes he and his family committed?
>>
>>769003
>>769008
There is no "proof". It's typical gaslighting by magats attempting to cope with the fact their Dear Leader has been impeached a 2nd time for a crime against the Nation State. Trump and his band of fellow seditionist ghouls had already been whisked back to the WH and were ensconced in their bunker long before the insurrectionists even reached the Capitol grounds. That's fact.
>>
>>769026
>>Trump now owns 50% of the total Presidential impeachments
Can't. Stop. Winning.
>>
>>769026
>That's always been the question, if a president actually has the power to pardon himself
I meant something else. I took "power to pardon except in cases of impeachment" to mean that he loses pardon power while impeachment proceeds, but it seems that he simply can;t pardon someone in relation to impeachment proceedings. if he did try to pardon himself it would be challenged and I'm sure overturned, but my question was about if he can still pardon others for unrelated matters, which it seems he can
>>
>>769029
Priceless!
>>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/534078-trump-calls-for-no-violence-amid-concerns-of-threats-around

>The White House disseminated the statement from Trump as the House was preparing to impeach him for inciting a violent riot at the U.S. Capitol last week that left five people dead.
>“In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind,” Trump said. “That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”

Someone must have finally explained to the dumbass that if his coup forces attacked the national guard or state governments, he'd probably be hung for treason.
>>
>>769020
They have city burnings, deaths, and all that. How are they not as bad as the Trump people?
>>
>>769028
Wrong, he was still on the podium. In fact they have(fbi) that the pipe bombs were placed at rnc and dnc headquarters was done so while he was speaking, according to security camera footage
>>
>>769002
I'm sure the ones at the capitol at that time were there for reasons totally unrelated to Trump
>>
>>769034
Are you implying that it might have been a set up?
>>
>>769037
They planned to do these things regardless and in advance of his speech
>>
>>769039
because of his prior claims
>>
>>769038
Not necessarily, we’ll have to see when they round everyone up.
>>
>>769026
I misspoke by the way, it was Andrew Johnson, not Jackson, who was impeached but acquitted, for attempting to bypass the Tenure of Office Act, which forbade the president from removing people from their positions without the Senate's permission.

>>769027
Theoretically, but I'm no lawyer. Also the power of pardoning ends with the president leaving office - after January 20th, Trump can't pardon anybody regardless of the outcome of the Senate impeachment.

>>769030
We simply don't have precedent, so it's hard to say.
>>
>The National Guard will be loyal to the country, no one there will commit treas-

>A National Guardsman is seen wearing a "thin blue line" patch near the Capitol today
https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1349395835688284160

We are so fucked...
>>
>>769045
His ass if he wants to go that route.
>>
>>769045
Lots of guard are also law enforcement
>>
>>769053
Given how deeply compromised they are, that doesn't make me feel better.
Remember the cops are trying to find a way to blame Antifa for the fact that Trump terrorists were the ones that attacked and killed capitol police.
>>
So is there a reason the army hasn't be deployed, or are people just reading the Posse Comitatus Act hardline and not using them to play defense against the terrorists?
>>
>>768985
Faggot. This really has not done anything at all.
What the fuck exactly has changed? Nothing.
Do us all a favor and go back to eating your own asshole out.
>>
>>769058
He has already been impeached. That's what today's vote was. Impeachment is essentially an indictment, in comparison to a normal criminal case.

The Senate's vote that comes later is trying and convicting. They didn't get the votes to convict last time, it was split on party lines, but with so many jumping ship from Trump loyalty this time around, it has a much higher chance of passing - especially since McConnell isn't likely to bully the Republicans into falling in line since he's not thrilled with Trump at the moment.
>>
>>769059
Something changed alright. It's open season on all Right wing fanatics. No blood, but good luck ever being taken seriously again.
>>
>>768956
TAI (Shareblue) shill detected
>>
>>769085
He is correct. Trump has been impeached twice. That’s a fact.
>>
>>769085
I suggest you actually do some research for yourself for once and learn what "impeachment" actually is.

Trump has been impeached - twice. He was acquitted by the Senate the first time, and we don't even have a date for the second Senate trial at this point beyond "after the inauguration."
>>
I’d like to nominate several of the house actresses for “outstanding excessive dramatic performance” for a daytime Emmy. Soap actresses have nothing on these gals.
>>
>>769080
Yeah right bitch ass. It’s open season on nobody but the same old faggots like you who think everything that happens somehow validates their bullshit
>>
>>769082
Russia, you need to update the bots you send here.
This software is WAAAAAAAY out of date.
>>
>>769045
cops hate MAGA now, since they suddenly decided blue lives don't matter and beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher
>>
>>769109
Plus it's career suicide to even show solidarity.
>>
>>769109
Except it's not.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/police-capitol-riot-antifa-conspiracy-theories_n_5ffe14abc5b63642b6ffeb0c

There's also what the head of the Chicago police union said
https://twitter.com/WBEZ/status/1347246742689996803

The cops are as anti-American as they were before the coup and are willing to go through the necessary mental hoops to justify it.
>>
>>768961
As if he gives a shit.
>>
>>768956
> "When you're a heinous orange cunt, they give you TWO impeaches."

Ladies and gentlemen, Fat Fuck Orange is leaving the building.
>>
>>769085
Look at THIS retard. Look at this retard and laugh. Just set a new all-time record for Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

(You) had ONE job, son. Just. One. Job.
>>
>>769114
This has been debunked by Snopes
>>
>>769162
Snopes confirmed it's true
>>
More pigs at the coup were arrested.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/534173-two-virginia-police-officers-charged-in-connection-to-capitol-riot
>>
>>768961
Even if he dodges conviction (which is more likely than not though not completely unlikely like his first impeachment) his name is certainly mud amongst the GOP establishment and he'll be ostracized from the ticket like Sanders is in the Democratic Party
>>
>>769257
The problem is Trump has a complete grip on the grass roots.
Conviction will start a civil war among the Republicans is inevitable for the the rich donors and their puppets in congress, and no nothing voters that make up Trump's base.
However there is no way McConnell will want to keep Trump in the party because as long as he has influence, Democrats will use him to supercharge their turnout.

And if Trump isn't able to bury the truth of the coup, it's looking more and more like the Republicans were active co-conspirators in it and that's going to hurt them more.
>>
>>768956
>Still, McConnell did not rule out voting to convict Trump in the event of a trial. In a note to his fellow Republican senators just before the House was to begin voting, he said he is undecided.

>“While the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate,” McConnell wrote.

I guess the Turtle is pissed he lost the Senate thanks to Blumpf
>>
>>769262
They're fucked either way.

I called nominating him was gonna kill the GOP 4 years ago, and sure enough, I was right. Even though they won back then they lost in the long run.
>>
>>769269
The problem is Trump still has MASSIVE sway over the base. Trump might have lost but Republicans massively over preformed across the board so they only barely lost the senate and still control all the state houses, so they're going to buttfuck the house for another decade and pass as many voter suppression laws as they can to blunt all the voter gains the democrats made.
Because of that alone, even if the Republicans schism, whoever wins will still control everything.
>>
>>768965
This. Especially considering fucks like McConnell survive on corporate funds and dems usually 'make do' if they can't get big business rolls like Pelosi does
>>
>>769010
>>getting away with
>> literally got vanned , tear gassed, and beaten by police.
Looters got what they deserved just like these confederate fuck ups should. The only difference is the looters aren't stupid enough to take videos without wearing a mask
>>
>>769294
Don't fall for the right wing's big lie over the protests.
93% of them were peaceful, and some that decayed into violence because police brutalized them without cause.
>>
Looks like terrorism does work.
Just threaten to kill a politician's family and they'll vote the way you want based on what we saw with Trump's second impeachment.
https://www.vox.com/2021/1/13/22229052/capitol-hill-riot-intimidate-legislators
>>
>>769296
So, kinda like blm?
>>
>>768998
>>768956
>>768972
>still calling a riot an "attempted coup" simply because of where it occurred.
Fuck off already. If this had been an actual fucking rebellion congress would be dead.
>>
>>769088
>>769094
Sure has. It's also inherently meaningless without a conviction.
Enjoy the precedent being set, I'm sure it won't cause problems later.
>>
>>769316
No, it's a coup because its participants were clearly trying to stop the certification of electoral votes against Trump and keep him in power despite him losing the election.
>>
>>769319
Again, if they had been trying then congress would be dead. The lack of dead congressmen indicates they were merely letting their displeasure be known.
>>
>>769323
Screaming "Hang Mike Pence", attacking police, and breaking through doors, windows, and barricades sounds like a coup to me.

They were a disorganized mob attempting a sloppy coup, with some just taking selfies instead, but an attempted coup nonetheless.
>>
>>769316
They were taking direct action to prevent the rightful winner of an election from coming to power, and instead propping up a dictator who did not win said election. It is a fucking coup.

The idea that they had no intention of committing violence is laughable. Not only did dozens show up in full body armor and tactical gear, several were armed, there were men spotted with zip ties OBVIOUSLY intending to take hostages, a fucking gallows was erected out front and the entire crowd was chanting HANG MIKE PENCE. A woman was killed attempting to breach a last line of defense. An officer was beaten to death with fire extinguishers by the seditionists.

B-BUT THE COUP WAS INCOMPETENT! DRUNK BOOMERS TAKING SELFIES!

Get this through your fucking schizoid retard skull: THE COMPETENCY OF A COUP DOES NOT DECIDE WHETHER IT IS A COUP OR NOT. If I charged at you with a gun and fired the whole clip, missed every shot, and even hit myself in the foot, it's embarrassing, but it is still a murder attempt.

You know what an embarrassing coup attempt was? Yukio Mishima. Guess what? We still call it a coup attempt.
>>
>>769323
>>769324
Yeah the intention was there. It was just luck that they didn't find any.

You going "buh dey were harmless" is moving goal posts to avoid responsibility.
>>
Trump and his supporters, who are easily deceived by conspiracy theories and fake, are victims of inadequate low-level education.
What they really need is not punishment or criticism or neglect, but logical thinking, media literacy, problem-solving ability, and treatment of delusional personality disorder by psychotherapy and counseling.

"Emotions Self-Responsibility Theory"
>>
>>769323
Just because they're retarded doesn't mean it's not a coup.
Given how much Trump and the Republicans primed the coup, it's incredible luck that it still failed.
>>
>>769324
>>769326
>>769327
>>769336
>your brain on leftist rhetoric
>>
>>769467
>coup is not a coup because I don't like it!!!1
Fuck off.
>>
>>769476
You will still never be a woman.
>>
>>769487
You are a womyn
>>
>>769487
Trump will never have a second term
>>
>>769614
See you in 2024
>>
>>769616
Cope
>>
>>769617
How is that cope?
>>
>>769316
A plane crash is just a plane crash until it's aimed intentionally at fucking up government buildings then it's 9/11 and terrorism.
>>
>>769614
Then why are they jumping through hoops to ban him from the ticket?
>>
> it took two hours to get down

never.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LSYuZRSGcY
>>
>>769652
You tend to get punished if you stage a coup against your country.
>>
>>769652
To set an example of the sort of king they will never again accept.

...also just to be sure. (Despite the fact he couldn't even win the popular vote against Hillary.)

Depending on which one we're talking about. For a lot of them, it's just about vengeance and proving they are on "the right side of justice".

There's rarely any difference between "justice" and "revenge" in this country. Our media, both left and right, has done everything in its power to make sure of that for generations now. Every situation in life is G.I. Joe vs. Cobra, Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, Luke v. Vader, or Cowboys v. Indians, for most of these people. They can't comprehend of the idea of human v human, especially when they are this close to it.
>>
>>769657
Only if it's a right wing coup.
>>
>>769015
Ok, in all seriousness, I do not support Trump and detest conservative bullshit, but even I can see the media is being biased. Call it what you want, but violent riots on either side are all bad, but the news media is clearly giving one side a pass and the other pure condemnation. If you're being rational, you have to admit the facts. Anyone with half a brain can see this obviousness.
>>
>>769652
Gop wanna avoid losing 2024 with a split ticket. Honestly I'm a lib but I want him to run again. He couldn't beat obama he's never gonna beat obama 2.0 but white.
>>
>>769687
>wah why is the media portraying people getting killed by cops as sympathetic but not being sympathetic to people killing cops

Don't need a conspiracy to figure that out.
>>
>>769694
The BLM riots in the summer were the worst in the nations history and multiple cops were killed and severely wounded. The media also bent over backwards to gaslight the protests as "mostly peaceful". By their standards the storming of the Capitol was also "mostly peaceful" as there was close to a million people protesting in the capital and only a small fraction stormed the building while the rest walked up the mall.
>>
>>769694
>>wah why is the media portraying people getting killed by cops as sympathetic but not being sympathetic to people killing cops

Remember the Dallas BLM shooting?
Remember all summer when cops were getting ambushed and attacked during the BLM/Antifa riots?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54137838
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana/articles/2020-10-30/new-orleans-police-2-officers-ambushed-in-french-quarter
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2020-06-04/police-officer-shot-in-brooklyn-hours-into-new-yorks-curfew

All of this was going on in conjunction with the rioting and looting, and the media thew soft balls at BLM/Antifa the whole fucking time. They asked softball questions about whether or not BLM/Antifa were responsible but never went so far as to actually try to lay blame. They were given a platform, they were treated with kid gloves and were constantly painted as mostly peaceful even when they were literally burning buildings down.

BLM/Antifa activists literally tried to secede from the country and formed their own autonomous zone and shot two teenagers to death trying to enforce it's borders. The media spent the entire duration of CHAZ's existence shaming people for criticizing the movement and not being more understanding of their beliefs, and when the kids got shot they simply swept it under the rug all together.

Everybody watched this happen anon. No amount of rhetoric and propaganda will change this.
>>
>>769708
Good conspiracy theory.
>>
>>769703
Sorry I can't take anyone seriously that'd argue pipe bombs and trying to kill congress members because trump is a loser is mostly peaceful. Good thing is nobody else with eyes and a working brain will either.
>>
>>769709
>literal links to events that actually happened
>muh conspiracy
>>
>>769708
>treated with kid gloves
So cops also took selfies with blm as they store the capitol? Or wait are we not talking about the impeachment of the sitting president for inviting rioters to storm congress while he hid in his bunker anymore?

You idiots really can't argue without changing the subject.
>>
>>769710
>pipe bombs
[citation needed]
>inb4 two alleged bombs but the only one confirmed real was planted at RNC HQ
I too, bring pipe bombs into a building I plan on sitting in for several hours while mindlessly taking selfies

Also
>Sorry I can't take anyone seriously that'd argue looting, arson, riots and literally executing two teenagers for crossing your imaginary autonomous zone border, is mostly peaceful
FTFY
>Good thing is nobody else with eyes and a working brain will either.
Indeed.
>>
>>769714
>So cops also took selfies with blm as they store the capitol?
They literally kneeled with BLM in "solidarity" anon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nypd-lieutenant-apologizes-colleagues-kneeling-during-george-floyd-protest-n1230531
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protesters-police-kneel-solidarity-george-floyd/
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2020/0605/The-promise-and-limits-of-police-taking-a-knee
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8381283/Police-North-Carolina-surprise-protesters-standoff-60-cops-kneel.html
https://queenseagle.com/all/nypd-officers-kneel-in-solidarity-with-jamaica-queens-demonstrators-protesting-racist-police-violence
https://www.fox29.com/news/georgia-state-trooper-tells-protesters-in-viral-video-i-only-kneel-for-god
>>
>>769708
None of your articles even mention blm, let alone connect the events to blm.
>>
>>769719
>None of your articles even mention blm, let alone connect the events to blm.
You didn't read the articles then, did you

Quotes from the articles
>Protesters shouted anti-police slogans and blocked the entrance to the emergency room where the two officers were being treated, police and witnesses said.
>New York City police are trying to determine if Wednesday’s ambush stabbing of an officer on an anti-looting patrol patrol in Brooklyn was inspired by anti-police sentiments expressed during days of protests and unrest over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Commissioner Dermot Shea said Thursday.
>The bloodshed happened just before midnight Wednesday, in the hours after an 8 p.m. curfew that was intended to quell days of at-times violent protests in the wake of Floyd’s death. Along with peaceful demonstrations, there have been smash-and-grab sprees and a string of assaults on police officers.

What anti-police slogans and protestors do you think they're talking about anon?
>>
>>769724
>do thing after the fact
>that means they did it during the event
Literally ctrl f "blm", then show us. Illiterate retard.
>>
>>769257
>his name is certainly mud amongst the GOP establishment
It's been that way since 2015. They were desperately running a Bush for 2016, then tried to split the party with a CIA alumnus, and called themselves rats and cucks.
The GOP establishment is less relevant today than ever since the Lincoln Project was an admission they never really cared about gun rights, which is the GOP's only people's issue.
>>
>>769719
He doesn't know how to read. Language arts funding is really shit in american schools so they never learn critical reading skills. That's how they can post things like>>769715 and think she's making a solid argument instead of spewing assumptions and ignore the topic of discussion.

The topic being how funny trump is when he destroys his own party.
>>
>>768956
I read Trump's entire speech. This is the most damning statement he made to encourage violence:
"...I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..."
If that won't get you impeached I don't know what will.
[spoken with sarcasm]
>>
>>769729
>>769731
>cope intensifies
I'm sure there was an entirely different group of anti-police protestors that were active all of Spring/Summer 2020, when all of these attacks on police also happened. I'm also sure that the same group of anti-police protestors literally showing up the hospital where the police were being treated is also just a coincidence and an entirely different group.

This is a totally reasonable line of thinking and is in no way shape or form bad faith as fuck.
>>
>>769737
If you make a claim and can't support it, either find a better source or a better claim.
>>
>>769739
>If you make a claim and can't support it,
I did support it. Your sealioning remains to be an ineffective rebuttal.
>>
>>769741
You didn't.
ctrl f "blm" or "black lives matter", how many results do you get.
>>
>>769745
>ctrl f "blm" or "black lives matter", how many results do you get.
Lol, this cope as been debunked

The articles mention anti-police protestors several times. Who do you think the anti-police protestors are?
>>
>>769737
Only one coping itt is the fag that can't discuss trumps second impeachment without screeching about blm. If you tried to argue like that at a high school debate, even texas uil ones, you'd get no points and told you're a retard.

Anyway goddamn if migatards are coping this bad how bad do you imagine trump's coping? He can't tweet and he can't even fall back on his vague violent rhetoric without risking the death penalty.
>>
>>769746
>protest happens after the fact
>but clearly they are the cause of the shooting
You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension. That article (and the other two which you can't even say the same about) say literally nothing about the motivation. What you're doing is the same as claiming that all cop deaths during the time of the protests are caused by BLM/Antifa and that is basically creating your own spin on the story.
>>
>>769296
So, you’re saying that 7% caused over $500 billion in damage, 150 federal buildings damaged, over 23 people killed, over 700 police injured. I’ve seen plenty of video where police were attacked with frozen water bottles, bricks, rocks, fireworks while not brutalizing anyone.
>>
>>769746
Occupy Wallstreet.
Rage Against the Machine fans.
Lady Gaga supporters.
Harambe memers.
Anyone in middle or high school.
Anyone with property that has personal value instead of profit value.
As shown by Wednesday, backwards white retards.
Any dog. Birds too, apparently.
The Dukes of Hazard.

But I wouldn't be silly enough to claim they're the reason for anything without a source. So source me up, fucker.
>>
>>769774
my moneys on birds, shifty fuckers that they are
>>
>>769770
>So, you’re saying that 7% caused over $500 billion in damage,
Sauce? Biggest number I can get is $1 billion, which the Rodney King riots managed to do in LA, alone. Rodney King's riots came to a little over $12 billion when you take into all the other cities had sympathetic riots over those few months.

George Floyd dindu nuffin, by way of comparison, regardless of what source you use.
>>
>>769778
At least Rodney King managed to hit us with that bit of childlike truth in that press brief with, "Can't we all just get along?"

Doubt George Floyd would have, even if he had got the chance.
>>
>>768981
>You Democrats are some the stupidest, vile, uneducated, retards known to man. There hasn't been anything like you since Nazis started their cancel culture. Your fucked up dreams about how America needs to be will backfire on you all. I guarantee it so keep killing your babies and continue lying to yourself. When you have no jobs and welfare runs out of money you faggots will ask the Republicans oooooh what should I do? We will whisper in you ears, prepare for hell because that's where you will be going. Asshats.
Don't bother getting angry with these pillow biters, they're TAI (ShareBlue) shills. They get paid to try and steer the narrative on these boards. Just ignore them.
>>
>muh shareblue
Rent free.
>>
>>768956
>Believing what you typed KEKW
>>
>>769326
you don't even know what a coup is so stop using the word. Nobody was trying to seize power, you just like to paint it that way for feel good brownie points. Go outside and play in the grass or something
>>
>>769788
Agree. I'm a Progressive and had never even heard the term "Shareblue" until I came to 4chan.
>>
>>768981
>>769783
rent free
>>
>>769662
>For a lot of them, it's just about vengeance and proving they are on "the right side of justice"
the most practical aspect would be to strip him of post-presidential benefits

https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/pensions-and-perks-for-former-presidents-archive
>>
>>769794
>attempt to prevent rightful transition of power
>not attempted seizure of power from those rightfully elected
the big lie isnt going to work this time
>>
>>769687
BLM didnt directly interfere with democracy
>>
>>769819
No, but they've tried everything else. 1st touting it as a great success and they won, then claiming it wasn't them but antifa, then trying to gaslight it by claiming nothing happened at all, and now claiming they was just pretending and it was a funny joke. It's hilarious to see how quickly their rope has been unraveling as they flail away trying to hold on.
>>
>>769815
And don't think Trump's crime family will find ways to leech off the taxpayer
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/534259-secret-service-renting-3000-a-month-apartment-because-ivanka-and-jared-wont-let
>>
>>769657
Which he didn’t do.
You tend to look like a faggot if you talk about things that never happened.
>>
>>769794
>Nobody was trying
Your gaslighting isn’t working. You overplayed your hand on this one.
>>
>>769662
They look like fucking retards. They keep pushing the “we have to ban him from running again!” coward nonsense even though he was just voted out.
>>
>>769690
He didnt run against Obama. The GOP isn’t going to get a split ticket even if he did run in 2024, which even if he did he would more than likely lose again except maybe even worse. It’s all just nonsense and showboating as usual. As if the Senate has absolutely no other matters they could be focusing on.
>>
>>769860
obviously he inspired a coup attempt whether intentional or not, his rhetoric is divisive and dangerous, and he betrayed his oath of office by falsely sowing doubt about the democratic process. He shouldn't be able to hold office again, and even if its doubtful he ever would anyway, he deserves to have his post-presidential benefits stripped of him
>>
>>769854
He did do it, it's just that past the adderall haze, it's the same as everything else he's had others do - half-assed, half-planned, and executed by absolute retards.
>>
>>769854
He spent weeks spreading the Big Lie and telling people to come to the capitol on the 6th.
Then he told them to march on the capitol with some not so subtle suggestions on what to do.
Furthermore, he originally planned to lead the coup himself before secret service stopped him.
>>
Funny how /pol/ wants to slide this thread
>>
>>770205
>leftists try to take over the board and claim everyone else is raiding
This isn't your echo chamber, faggot.
>>
>>770208
Dont you call it leftypol?
>>
>>768964
Are you fucking retarded? It was the Democratic Party that seceded
>>
>>770225
You don't even know who I am.
>>
>>770232
>mum political party!
>>
>>770205
In fairness it's kind of hard to slide things on a board this slow. That said, there are actual boomers here self-bumping tinfoil threads about Soros and "Killary".
>>
>>770232
Yes, back when the Democrats were the conservative party, before the Southern Strategy caused the parties to switch ideologies.
>>
>>770386
Conservatives have never been good at history.
>>
>>770416
Tbf, they've been masters at revising history to fit their warped narrative that european illegal immigrants to America were god's chosen people to ultimately fulfill biblical prophecy and bring about Armageddon.
>>
>>770416
They've been using their time mastering propaganda instead.

It's funny how Republicans are supposed to be the party of the black man to them, but Georgia just elected their first black senator, and they were a democrat.
>>
>>770453
>>770499
The founders of the Republican Party would totally reject today’s manifestation of the thing.
>>
>>770416
"If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.” ― David Frum
>>
>>770614
A wise man.
>>
>>770643
perhaps that one quote but a neocon cunt otherwise.
>>
>>770453
No human is illegal, you POS.
>>
>>770693
So you're a libtard?
>>
>>770694
Well since you lot have boiled the world down to “libtards” and terrorists what choice do rational people have.
>>
>>770694
I said what I said.
>>
>>770453
>biblical prophecy and bring about Armageddon
We really shouldn't have nixed the Book of Enoch from the Bible.

Cain learned God's lesson. He became his brother's keeper, after he killed his brother. Every nation, is a recreation of the manifestation of that first city Cain built, in an attempt to teach God's lesson in such a way, that families can grow old in peace, instead of killing one another, then banishing themselves to the darkness, as they deny God's plan.

But I'd make a shitty preacher, so I don't see my heading up the movement to get that book back in there having much effect. The equivalent lessons in the New Testament seem to be largely ignored anyways.
>>
>>770706
I am always amazed what a poor understanding fundamentalist Christians have of the Bible.
>>
>>770720
A lot of fundamentalist's understanding of the Bible is a lot like a fundamentalist's understanding of the parable of the ant and the grasshopper.

If you start avoiding stepping on ants and grasshoppers, because you think they talk to each other, you may have missed the lesson.
>>
>>770706
No doubt the Bible was originally cobbled together with political, not spiritual goals in mind. If the Reformation and Protestantism had actually reevaluated it and incorporated some of those discarded early Christian writings which in many cases had a more mystical spiritual bent, it might have been taken seriously instead of just being "Catholicism lite."
>>
>>770694
>The biggest dick on 4chan
>dick

Thanks for admitting you're as much as a shit as the sharters thart invaded the Capitol Building.

All of the rightist FAIL since 20th January 2017 has rendered you & all your now dickless ilk impotent. And now the left have more than won. Good.
>>
>>770724
I do need to look up what Nicaea's justification for nixing Enoch was. Maybe they didn't want to cause confusion by having another Jewish king who effectively sacrificed themselves for the sins of mankind, or something.

I know a lot of the other stuff was nixed for, shadier, reasons, but last I read up on it, some of it seemed to be about narrative consistency. Romans kind had that down to a fine art, so it was a real concern.
>>
>>770726
>narrative consistency. Romans kind had that down to a fine art, so it was a real concern
That's true, but they did a lot of tweaking and modifications to the texts anyway. They were originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek so they had to take some liberties to get it translated into mellifluous Latin. But, yeah I get you. Probably getting off too far on a tangent for /news/, though.
>>
>>770822
Meh, no discussing religion at the /news/ table, fine.

I do think we need a fundamental cultural change to cut down on the bullshit we see happening in the news right now though. Doubt adding some old apocrypha to the Bible is going to do anything for that at this point, save maybe in generations, if that.

Maybe they'll come up with something for us closer to the 20th. Think we'd need aliens to land on the white house or some shit at this point though.
>>
bump_
>>
>>770723
I think the scorpion and the frog is the best parable for trump/magats and the GOP.
>>
Anyone got any proof of Trump inciting a riot? I hear lots of talking heads parroting this notion, but no one I ask has any actual proof. So what did he say and where is a permalink to where/how he said it?
>>
>>768956
calling this a coup or insurrection is absolute lies to the public, and all the MSM are doing it
>>
>>770875
>REEE, ONLY MY NARRATIVE IS TRUE
And bump to harvest more of you delicious tears
>>
>>770877
>narrative
there's truth then there's calling a protest a fucking coup, the only narrative is the filth running out of every mainstream source right now
nobody's buying it either, fucking everybody sees them going full throttle now and it's absolutely pathetic
>>
>>770859
I have been thinking that exact thing today! In fact I was just looking for a thread to post it. Shit's uncanny.
>>
>>770875
Except it was both a coup and insurrection.
Fuck off traitor.
>>
>>770918
it was neither and you suck black cocks for a living
try living in the US before calling people traitors to a country you don't even support
>>
>>770931
Except it was both a coup and insurrection.
Fuck off traitor.
>>
>>770942
it was a protest, eat shit chang/MSM kike
>>
>>770875
Nice gaslighting, but it won't work this time magat. The only spin presented by any of you magats has as much validity as saying the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake and 9/11 was an inside job.

Honestly, you magat apologists would be much better served at this point if you stuck your thumbs in your mouths and went and sat in a corner for a couple years. Mephistopheles just might resurrect you then and people will have maybe forgotten how much of a tool you guys were.
>>
Trump “must go,” Pelosi said. “He is a clear and present danger to the nation we all love.”

Sounds like whst she has been saying for four years. Nothing new
>>
>failed coup

this is such a laughably dumb fucking take.
>>
>>770945
It was a both a coup and insurrection.
Fuck off traitor.
>>
>>770970
it's bad enough his words probably incited a riot, but the idea he incited it hoping he'd successfully overthrow the US government and remain in power is almost as hilariously retarded as the russian collusion bullshit. media is a disgusting venomous cesspool, the fact that Trump despises them almost as much as the public is half the reason this destabilizing toxic fucking cunt got elected in the first place, the other being boomers like reality tv.
>>
>>770859
As a mindful scorpion, I only use bears to cross rivers.
>>
>>770875
Frankly, if it was anything less, it wouldn't be useful at this point.

Those people were the canaries in the coal mine, and really should be treated as the heroes they were that day. But alas, this is not a just world, down to its laws of physics, and we just can't have people getting into the clockworks. Hopefully we won't be too rough, when setting the example.

Whistleblowers, even when they are wrong, should be protected, as they are demonstrating just how bad things have gotten.

Not that you can let them burn the capital or your neighborhood down, but if you don't try understand WHY they are so angry, the destruction can never give way to creation - it can only bring more destruction.
>>
bump
>>
>>770993
Either way it really wasn’t that big of a deal.
>>
>>770975
Trump incited a insurrection to stage a coup.
Trump's campaign conspired with the Russians in 2016.
These are both facts.
>>
>>771055
I ate soup this morning.
Had a nice poo sometime later.
These are both facts.
>>
>>771055
maybe if you repeat your delusion enough you'll completely lose what's left of your tiny mind and it'll come true
>>
>>768981
take your meds
>>
>>771045
In terms of lives lost and property damage, as these sorts of things usually go, no. Security seems to have managed to keep them out of direct contact with the congressmen, and despite clearly being intent on at the very least making hostages of any they caught, seems the crowd had some last second self-restraint as well.

In terms of affect on the nation... That's another story.

Whether it'll eventually change the self destructive course of either party or their current president, that's yet to be seen.
>>
>>768956
You can't be this stupid. I have little hope for humanity because people as braindead as you exist.
>>
>>771125
Hearts often wins out over mind. But, if anything, that should give you some hope for humanity, as a mind with no heart is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>771135
>Hearts often wins
Play spades more often then.
>>
>>771120
>some last second self-restraint

Yeah okay pal. Or more likely most of them weren’t there to hurt anyone.
>>
>>771125
>misleading headline
>unrelated, unfunny anime picture attached
Anon, its the one guy who starts 90% of the threads on /news/.
>>
>>771260
>>771274
Which is another way of saying cooler heads prevailed, yes.
>>
>>771260
The reason our hearts are so easy to manipulate, is that all we ever play is spades.
>>
>>771310
Well if you get enough hearts you can shoot the moon.
>>
>>771317
End up in the World of Remnant that way, as grim darkness eats those of us who cannot control themselves.
>>
>>771073
>Trying to project the Big Lie now
Conservatives, not even once.
>>
>>771328
Terrible.
>>
>>771281
How is it misleading? Trump was impeached for staging a coup against the US government.
It doesn't matter if it failed.

Also this is 4chan, Anime is always welcome.
>>
>>771461
Just saying, all well and good to land on it and dig into it, but it may turn out you one day needed that moon intact to find your way in the darkness.

Or that small moon may turn out to be a space station. I can only drag out metaphors so far.
>>
>>768985
>>768979
>>768986
>>769012
>>769020
>>769015
>>769107
>>769150
>>769805
>>770725
funny how so many leftists in this thread have the same speech patterns like leftists on twitter, and always change the subject whenever someone makes a point
>>
>>771614
>progressives tend to speak in coherent English using at a minimum high school level grammar/vocabulary
>derp, must mean they are all crisis actors paid by muh scary, mythical leftwing boogeymen organisations!
Thanks for changing the subject magat. Get over it snowflake, you lost super duper biggly, really biggly ok?
>>
>>771620
Seems more like both sides are just reducing themselves to hate robots. (He says, robotically staying to subject.)
>>
>>771620
Unironically kill yourself you tranny piece of shit.
YWNBAW
>>
>>771622
>>771630
Fair example.
>>
>>771630
Good job proving him right redditor.
>>
>>771620
Cringe
>>
A coup where proven lefties and BLM agitators have been arrested, and the police pretty much waved in the crowds...so, how is Trump responsible for Democrat 'Peaceful Protestors' pushing an insurrection?
>>
>>771697
don't ask questions just consoom media, live like a hedonist and sterilize yourself
>>
>>771697
>A coup where proven lefties and BLM agitators have been arrested
fucking lmao
>>
>>771697
>Another Big Lie
It's all so tiresome...
>>
>>771914
Perhaps, but there's enough career anti-government leftists, and those concerned that these two parties in their attempts to win at all costs are going to destroy the nation, that I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of the members of this raid were indeed leftists or even moderates at their cores, even if the bulk were likely angry Trump fans angered to the point of Trumptardation, as the president had called for.

Either way, they were all canaries in the coal mine, and while you might have to set examples of some of them for the misbehavior of breaking out of their cages and into the delicate gears of the machine of politics, they really should otherwise be treated as such. As should Trump himself - he is a warning to the nation, from the nation.

Punishing rioters and those who incite them is fine - but don't ignore the root causes of the anger, be the surface issues legitimate or otherwise. If you do, the trumpet will merely sound again, getting louder each time, until the song of rage shakes down the foundations of the nation.

Too biblical? Probably, there is a parable about that in there, after all - but I'm not referencing the one in Revelations, so much as I am Joshua.
>>
>>771914
That's all the magat apologists have now after their initial attempt at praising the failed coup to overthrow US Democracy bounced back slamming them in their face. The only gaslighting they have left is to use Hitler's strategy of blaming commie joos for the Reichstag fire, but instead of commie joos, it's commie, libruhl, atheist, BLM antifa. Oh, and Soros ofc!
>>
>>771947
Didn't the Nazis use a fake coup attempt and attack on the Reichstag to seize and entrench their power?

Wouldn't that make the Democrats the Nazis at this point in time?
>>
>>771953
Problem is the Dems were legitimately elected
>>
>>771938
The notion that ANTIFA organized some sort of coordinated operation to disguise as Trump voters and instigate a riot is demonstrably false and laughably delusional. Everything else comes secondary to acknowledging objective reality.
>>
>>771959
True enough - just saying, there's always some deeper truth behind retarded conspiracy theories.
>>
>>771956
>Problem is the Dems were legitimately elected
So were the Nazis. At the time.

>>771959
>muh antifa strawman
Did you know that many of the 'protestors' storming the Capitol were plain clothes police and security, who literally flashed their badges to gain access and let the protestors inside?
>https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-hill-riots-doj-456178
>One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.

Do you think it's coincidence that they had a 10,000 page "Anti-Domestic Terrorism" bill ready to go less than 48 hours after the riot?
>>
>>771963
Also to add:
Remember during all of the violent BLM/Antifa protests in 2020, when every violent act was denounced as undercover feds or police trying to make rioters look like violent thugs?

Couldn't possibly have happened this time though, right?
>>
>>771963
Do you have any idea how many security guards are Trump fans, and how many of those security guards in particular, are sick of all the shit they see these old farts do every day?
>>
>>771964
That conspiracy involves a handful of instigators among thousands of angry people.

This one requires the vast majority of these 500 of folks be in on it, as well as the security that let them in, or the people who "arranged" the riot, were risking their own lives.
>>
>>771963
>Did you know that many of the 'protestors' storming the Capitol were plain clothes police and security, who literally flashed their badges to gain access and let the protestors inside?
The irony is, the politico article you reference states no such thing. And I couldn't give 1 shart in the mart about your alleged "facebook post" from a purported Capitol cop, or whatever other twitter level shart you throw out.

This is why you magat terrorist insurrectionists lost not only that battle, but are losing the subsequent war entirely.
>>
>>771966
>requires the vast majority of these 500 of folks be in on it, as well as the security that let them in, or the people who "arranged" the riot, were risking their own lives.
Well. that, and that crowd control outside would be sufficient to stop the rest of the ~15,000 people outside from following our ~500 conspirators into the building, ruining the plan, killing all the masterminds, and probably ending the nation as we know it, leaving Trump and his appointed department heads of succession in charge.

And it seems quite unlikely the security force could reliably do that, given the original permit for the protest was for 5,000, security was arranged accordingly, and the new permit for 30,000 wasn't given out until the last second.
>>
>>771971
>And it seems quite unlikely the security force could reliably do that, given the original permit for the protest was for 5,000, security was arranged accordingly, and the new permit for 30,000 wasn't given out until the last second.
On top of which, the security forces were largely disarmed and underequipped, as some idiot, who is just as likely an old soft-hearted Democrat as a Trump supporter, ordered the security forces be "demilitarize" to make it look "less threatening".

So no measures were taken to ensure that things didn't get more out of hand than they did, and that most of the people breaking in, were in on "the master plan".

This could have easily been a lot uglier, leaving Trump and his allies as the sole surviving legitimate power, and that could have easily been someone's intention. (Though, to be honest, I don't think even that really was wholly intentional, even if there might have been some hope for that at the back of someone's mind, when he put out the Twitter call - but that's more than enough irresponsible behavior to be prosecuted for, regardless of intention.)
>>
>>771970
>The irony is, the politico article you reference states no such thing.
>https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-hill-riots-doj-456178
>One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.
Lmao

>>771966
>That conspiracy involves a handful of instigators among thousands of angry people.
>This one requires the vast majority of these 500 of folks be in on it
[citation needed]
>>
>>771981
No citation required. It's just simple logic. If congress wanted to "fake" an invasion of congress, in order to defeat Trump, without risking all their lives and risking making him and his allies virtually the sole surviving members of official federal power, the bulk of those ~500 people would need to be in on it, and the security forces would need to be sufficient to keep the rest of the ~15,000 out.

But to instigate an angry mob, in their own neighborhood, safely, into rioting randomly, you only need a handful of people willing to risk their lives. (Though I doubt that was a concerted government effort, so much as a bunch of random would-be Jokers. Though bringing in the feds, against various mayor's wishes, and arresting people in plain clothes with no Miranda, was clearly an attempt to escalate.)

That method of incitement does not work, when you are in the building that is the primary target.

Unless you mean that ~500 of ~15,000 people were involved - in which case, pick your source. Last numbers I heard, off hand.
>>
The capital insurrection had the unintended consequence of making elites focus on rooting out white supremacists in the police. Have faith in trump and get obliterated, just like the Trump university students lmao. Trump just ended white nationalism.
>>
>>771981
>One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post
As I said, not interested in your alleged Facebook post by an alleged capitol cop. Sperge harder, magat, you're stll losing.
>>
>>771996
It's not unreasonable to believe some rioters were ex-military (or perhaps even serving) or cops, and that some security guards, with sympathy for the rioter's cause, wouldn't let a a flashed ID or badge be enough of an excuse to let some in.

Doesn't change the situation, whether it happened or not.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.