[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: g0khDPo.jpg (86 KB, 800x533)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
NYC man arrested on Capitol riot charges freed on $100K bond

NEW YORK (AP) — The son of a New York City judge who was arrested by the FBI on charges that he was among the protesters who stormed the U.S. Capitol was ordered Tuesday by a different judge to stay away from Washington.

Aaron Mostofsky, 34, was picked up at his brother’s home in Brooklyn on Tuesday morning, about a week after he was seen inside the Capitol wearing a fur costume and a police vest he is accused of stealing during the mayhem.

At a teleconference hearing in federal court in Brooklyn, Mostofsky’s lawyer argued that the evidence didn’t back up the accusations. Mostofsky was released on $100,000 bond but banned from traveling Washington except for purposes of prosecution of his case there.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Josh Hafetz told a magistrate judge in Brooklyn federal court that the government would agree to Mostofsky’s release even though it was “deeply troubled by the conduct of the defendant” in a “mob attack.”

The charges include a felony count of theft of government property — a bulletproof police vest worth $1,905 and a riot shield valued at $265.

Court papers show how investigators are combing through internet communications to identify alleged offenders like Mostofsky, who referred to himself as a “caveman” eager to protest the presidential election results.

FBI agents were seen on a social media clip posted Tuesday appearing to remove part of his fur getup from the residence where he was arrested.

Mostofsky’s unusual garb made him stand out from the crowd of camouflage-wearing, flag-waving marauders. At one point, he was photographed sitting on a bench near the Senate chamber holding a stick and the riot shield, which he said he picked up off the floor.

https://apnews.com/article/aaron-mostofsky-100k-bond-capitol-riots-be62a48e605c8916c5183e70bd6e3a25
>>
He also gave a video interview inside the building, telling the New York Post he was there “to express my opinion as a free American that this election was stolen.”

Before the protest, Mostofsky messaged another demonstrator that he could be found at the protest by looking for “a caveman,” adding, “Even a caveman knows it was stolen,” the court papers said. Afterward, as his photo circulated, he said the image was unfortunate because “now people actually know me,” they add.

Mostofsky’s father is Steven Mostofsky, a state court judge in Brooklyn. He has not responded to requests for comment made through court administrators.

Full Coverage: Capitol siege
Aaron Mostofsky’s brother, Neil, and defense attorney Jeffrey Schwartz were on the court teleconference and assured the judge the man would comply with his bail conditions.

“I believe the evidence will show he was not part of the mob,” Schwartz said. “He understands how the whole thing in Washington got out of hand.”

Neil Mostofsky is the executive director of Chovevei Zion, the The Jewish Heritage Preservation Society, and vice president of the South Brooklyn Conservative Club.

He told Gothamist last week that his brother “did nothing illegal,” “was not part of the riot” and was only in the Capitol because he was “pushed inside.”

Records show Aaron Mostofsky is a registered Democrat.
>>
>>768698
>He also gave a video interview inside the building, telling the New York Post he was there “to express my opinion as a free American that this election was stolen.”
Absolutely based. See republicans, not all dems are bad.
>>
In what part of any of this does it say he is a democrat?
>>
>>768755
The last sentence of the article?
>>
>>768698
>“Even a caveman knows it was stolen,”
kek nice
>>
>>768695
Yes, 1 voter means "the narrative" is false. You fucking idiot. I'm 100 percent sure he still votes Republicans.
>>
>>768755
Doesn't make any difference. There are brain dead Democrats, albeit a fraction of the number of Republicants, with room temp IQ's who can be swayed by a sophisticated con man carnival barker on the order of PT Barnum, like Trump
>>
oh goodie, the first of many Pantifa turds getting exposed as agitators.
>>
>WE FOUND ONE DEMOCRAT. THIS INVALIDATES EVERYONE ELSE THERE
trumpers "logic" in a nutshell. god forbid anyone be held accountable for invading the capitol.
>>
>>769111
Or otherwise "This was Antifa's doing: A children's guide to responsilibility."
>>
>>769116
>anybody can be antifa! we are the will of the people
>but he's not antifa, we would know!
Yeah okay nerd.
>>
>>768695
I am(was) a registered Democrat.
I don't affiliate with either party now.
i just didn't bother to un"register".
I voted for tRump the first time, even though I knew he as the snake in the story, because I thought that he would stir things, and he did, just not in the way That I thought he would.

I voted Biden for only one reason...The pandemic.

I may have shown up at the Protest just to stir things up and have sex with some fellow gays (Maga or not).

Next time I vote 3rd party
>>
>>769091
Are all democrats automatically antifa?
>>
>>769111
Is Trump a deep state ANTIFA agent? The evidence is pointing in that direction, or he's the least charismatic leader ever elected, since all it takes is time for people to turn from conservatism into ANTIFA rioters.
>>
>>769129
Really you should just kill yerself and be done with it. Best all round solution for everyone.
>>
I am also MtF transgender
>>
>>769159
Just to stir it up huh? lol
So after you kill yerself, kill yer new self too :)
Make it REAL messy too. Like mutilate yerself after you have someone mutilate your old self. Just die... You will NEVER be happy :)
>>
haha i suck dicks XD
>>
>>769130
yes?
>>
>>768695
And I am a registered republican who btfo /pol/acks daily. Cope.
>>
>>769130
Your ancestors, The Greatest Generation, who fought and died fighting against Fascist Germany and Japan, both Democrat and Republican, were antifa. The Republican ones are turning over in their grave as they see their descendents supporting a Fascist Dear Leader who implemented the same tactics as Hitler to overthrow the US Constitution and Democracy, though. Pity, that is.
>>
>>768695
>Mostofsky was released on $100,000 bond
Just for wearing a "Police" uniform while participating in insurrection should be an automatic "No bail for you!" offense. At the very least it should have started around $5 million.

> t. White Privilege
> he a gud boi
> din' do nuffin'z
>>
>>769125
anyone CAN be, but not everyone is.
There are social network chains of the people in antifa, while it's true that there are no central leaders, there are the same people who keep showing up over and over and over. Which is actually what conservatives were complaining about over the summer: that antifa was the same relatively small group of agitators showing up to every single event in their area and being assholes
so, we (by we I mean our intelligence agencies, not me in particular) know who is in antifa pretty well, actually. And we know who isn't. So, we know that the vast, vast majority of people at the January 6th coup attempt were right-wing and closer to the Proud Boys-adjacent organizations than the antifa.
Sure, some registered democrats and independents I'm sure showed up. So what? Of course they did you fucking moron, how do statistics work durrrr hurrrrrrr
why do you think the presence of a few expected outliers make you question the entire bulk of the data? This seems to be a consistent problem for you conservatives, you look at 1 or 2 crazy wild statistical anomalies and instead of ignoring them like a sane person, you fixate on them and try to figure out how they're part of some more complex pattern. Newflash buddy: there is no more complex pattern. Stop looking for connections where there are none and focus on the massively more relevant data all clustered together.
>>
>>768755
The last sentence here >>768698, where it shows he is a right wing titty babby who registered as a false flag Democrat so he could spoil primary elections for Democrats. There will be a number of such assholes like this turning up as more and more are investigated and arrested.

Or, as drumpf has been telling everyone, he's an ANTIFA agent provocateur. In fact, ALL of the insurrectionists that stormed the Capitol are ANTIFA. Didn't you know? It's so obvious. Just look at how well-prepared they were with weapons and tactiKKKol gear.
>>
>>768695
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'M DESPERATELY GRASPING AT STRAWS TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE MY CULT INSURRECTION WASN'T MEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>769196
>repugnicons
> whining about "other people" being assholes
What. A. Fucking. Timeline.

>anyone CAN be an asshole, but not everyone is
Remains to be seen.
>>
I am impressed with how many ass-kissing little braindead cultists that Donald still has.

Stop sucking that gross orange dick you fucks it's over and you fucked yourselves.

Get ready for Impeachment Round 2, kek
>>
>>768695
Many conservatives in closed primary states register as Democrats so that they can vote in the Democrat primaries and try to sabotage the party by voting for weak candidates. New York is a closed primary state where only registered members of a party can vote in that party's primary.
>>
>>768695
I'm registered as a Republican because I vote for the least likely to win candidate in their primaries. Still always vote for Dems in the elections.
>>
It seems like they'll invite just anybody into the the White House.
>>
>jewish democrat
>>
>>769223
based
>>
>>769223
So, I'm guessing you voted for Trump in 2016? Thanks a lot, man.
>>
>>769166
You could make me happy, big boy!
>>
>>768695
Of course he's a fucking democrat. Would anyone with any type of sense in their brain be a fucking furry?
>>
>>769129
>I voted Biden for only one reason...The pandemic
You voted for the side who started the pandemic?
>>
>>769201
Why do democrats always accuse others of exactly what they're doing? Can't come up with an original lie?
>>
I mean, Michael Flynn is a Democrat.
>>
>>768695
>One (1) registered democrat
>in a crowd full of MAGA tards carrying confederate flags

oh no my narrative
>>
>>771182
Well the Shaman guy is a climate activist and the black guy is a BLM activist so yeah... so far the three biggest personalities are not "MAGA"
>>
>>771187
What about the guys with the bombs, handcuffs and tac gear? And the people who set up gallows outside of the capital? And the ones that smeared their own feces around and broke into several offices looking for potential hostages?
>>
>>771187
>the Shaman guy is a climate activist
He is a big Trump supporter and a q-anon nut.
>>
>>771191
The party of saying one thing and then doing another says one thing and then does another. More at 11.

Let us perform a thought experiment: let us say that the Trump-supporting, QAnon-believing, MAGA rally-attending, Capitol-storming man in an incomplete fursuit is part of the ~spooky liberal agenda, woooooo~.

Even if MAGA's half-baked attempt to distance themselves from one of their own wasn't painfully transparent cowardice at its finest, and even if MAGA didn't have a 5-year track record of openly acting in bad faith (as opposed to the Republican party's 40-year track record of quietly acting in bad faith), and even if the rest of us can suddenly find it in our hearts to believe habitual liars and the perpetually uneducated about anything they do or say or think, this is still only the story of one man.

Charges have been brought against more than 100 of the rioters that attacked the Capitol building, the police defending it, and the duly-elected officials working inside. Those? All MAGA. The woman shot trying to break into the chambers, and who then bled out on the ground because MAGA cosplayers don't know how to perform first aid, was staunchly MAGA. But there's a reason MAGA doesn't talk about the undesirable ones. No no no, we mustn't mention them.

Incidentally, anyone may register for any political party, and they are not somehow permanently beholden to or supportive of that party's policies for the rest of their voting life. Given what is known about the MAGA mindset, I would not put it past any of them to earnestly believe that registering Democrat and then voting against Democrat party candidates would somehow influence polling results.

I would be more interested in looking at what Mostofsky has actually done, not merely what he's said. It's unfortunate that the party of conservative Christian values refuses to read the Bible, specifically Matthew 7:16, which sets forth that doctrine authoritatively in Christ's own words.
>>
Being a registered Democrat or Republican is pretty much meaningless. It just means you can vote in the primary of the party it doesn't actually mean you commit to vote for the party. Donald Trump was a registered Democrat for much of his political life.

Sometimes people from a majority red or blue state might register as the majority party just so they can vote in their primary, even if they don't support the majority party in the general election. Also people can just be lazy and don't take the time to change their registration despite changing their political beliefs.
>>
>>771187
>the black guy is a BLM activist
He's a right-wing instigator and agent provocateur who was publicly outed and blacklisted from BLM groups.

https://twitter.com/rebellionbaby/status/1331902008765206528?s=21
>>
>>771218
Here's a view of that whole thread because there's a lot of posts.
https://twitter.com/RebellionBaby/status/1331902008765206528
>>
>>771213
My deep red State doesn't require declaration of party affiliation at registration, so I can make the decision to vote for whichever primary I choose to at the poll.
>>
>>771240
Yeah many states are doing away with closed primaries. A lot of people are just dropping party registration. "No Party Affiliation/Independent" is becoming the most common politician affiliation.
>>
>>771218
>>the black guy is a BLM activist
>He's a right-wing instigator and agent provocateur who was publicly outed and blacklisted from BLM groups.
>https://twitter.com/rebellionbaby/status/1331902008765206528?s=21
Ummmmm no he's not.
>>
>>768695
yeah no shit that guy is a libtard. He has le democrook face
>>
>>771246
He is. He's a well known shit-stirrer and was kicked out of events for it. His brother is literally a Proud Boy and he has spoken at Proud Boy events alongside him. They pretend to be at odds with each other so they can grift either side. The right wing is apparently too dumb to notice though.
>>
>>771254
>Mostovsky

OyyyyyyyyyyyyVeyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>771213
>Being a registered Democrat or Republican is pretty much meaningless.

mmmmmm the smell of liberal copium
>>
>>771213
>Donald Trump was a registered Democrat for much of his political life.
Also considered running as one.

He's a city slicker billionaire, born and raised in New York City - not a republican by any stretch of the imagination. He's just using the party, as he knew they had the largest chunk of angry hopeless to exploit.
>>
>>771395
Biden is as conservative candidate as any and yet he's Democrat
Trump was registered as Democrat up until his candidacy
smells like altard copium to me, bud
>>
>>771410
yeah, keep telling yourself the liberal jewish kid from NYC is even remotely like DINO Biden. have another cup of cope, yours is a little low.
>>
>>771246
ummm yes he totally is
>>
>>771247
shills trying SO hard to memory hole this story
>>
>>771247
>yeah no shit that guy is a libtard. He has le democrook face
They can't hide it.
>>
>>768759
some folks just don't want to know the truth
>>
he must have been "documenting" the violence......yeah thats it.....
>>
>>768695
MAGA cope gets more palpable by the day.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.