[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 109 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1591970933685.gif (2.56 MB, 1920x1080)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-permanently-bans-president-donald-trump-n1253588

Twitter on Friday permanently suspended President Donald Trump, citing his recent comments ahead of a mob of his supporters that stormed the Capitol.

"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," Twitter's official "Safety" account tweeted.

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
>>
>>764141
I think Trump is bad for America, and Americans in general, but this move is censorship.
>>
watching the maga cult self destruct in slow motion has been such a catharsis i can barely comprehend anything else that could measure up
>>
>>764154
How about a second impeachment?
>>
>>764151
Then you don't know what censorship means. A private company denying a cult leader his right to use their platform as a meeting place to plan terrorist attacks is not censorship.
>>
>>764161
>three majorities lost
>two impeachments
>one term
>zero wall
feels great
>>
>>764151
Fuck off Josh Hawley, you need to be charged with sedition too.
>>
>>764161
yes yes. I'm almost there.
>>
The Deep State has successfully wagged the dog. The barest vestigial semblance of democracy is lost, and the people know it. The elites have inaugorated a one party state...that's Communisim, and the police will be coming..
>>
>>764193
Communism is letting democrats win elections, apparently
>>
>>764182
>>764161
>Trump gets two impeachments with his two scoops.
>>
>>764187
I agree Hawley should be charged, but the Twitter Ban is not how it should be handled (stinks of CCP) but Trump should be held accountable in court. Regardless of how the GOP enablers (Hawley, Mitch "the bitch", et. al.) might try to deflect responsibility.
Was it AntiFa? How about: no!
>>
>>764201
>stinks of CCP
Twitter's decision was purely capitalist. Trump became too much a liability so they cut him. It'd reek of "CCP" if the government stepped in and told the company they weren't allowed to suspend him.
>>
>>764203
Point taken
>>
>>764201
>stinks of CCP
Rent free
>>
>>764169
it is censorship, but it's perfectly legal and they're right to do it. least they could do after getting the guy elected and destroying america.
>>
>>764201
Twitter should have banned Trump and basically every government official years ago. I forget if it was gurbanguly or aliyev or someother post soviet dictator nearly started a war by shitposting about one of his neighbors a few years ago, they just let it slide because it was shitholes nobody cares about at the time.
Its absolutely tragic that we have (had) a president that is unable to communicate except through twitter, and his suspension from a single platform has effectively muffled him somehow. Its pathetic and entirely of his own making that at this point if he were to try and reach the american public at this point, one half would dismiss it as fake news and the other half wouldn't care because they've been so alienated for the past 4 years.
>>
>>764151
>censorship
Correct:
> Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, and people can say whatever they like on platforms like Twitter and any other private company must allow this speech; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Damn those founders!
>>
>>764151
One:
Non-government companies are allowed to do whatever deems necessary to preserve profit while reducing liability.

Two:
Trump at this point was becoming a huge liability by continuing his "this election was a fraud" bullshit. The riot by proud boys and MAGA during the capitol was basically the last straw

Put both points together and it's easy why social media are distancing themselves from Trump.
>>
>>764210
>Its absolutely tragic that we have (had) a president that is unable to communicate except through twitter
On Twitter he doesn't have to face reporters who could ask inconvenient questions during a press conference. He could just fire and forget, shitpost as much as he wants while ignoring replies which don't suit him. Wonder how big his ignore list has become the last years (does Twitter have such a thing? I don't use it).
>>
>>764212
But make them responsible for those expressions in a court of law... not the platform. Yes?
>>
>>764216
Courts have actually ruled that Trump can't block people from his twitter as long as he's president since he's a political figure and does much of his official business by tweet.
>>
>>764151
>this move is censorship.

Reminder that public or private non-governmental companies are not required to follow the bill of rights and only required to follow the laws that every citizen is afforded.
>>
>>764215
According to Twitter, the last tweets about "I won't be there during inauguration" could be interpreted as inciting more violent riots on this day (given the context that he was telling his followers that their voices are going to be heard for a long time). And I can see where they're coming from, you can easily read this as "feel free to bomb the inauguration, I won't be there anyway" if you're a delusional Drumpftard.
>>
>>764219
You can't sue the "soap box" someone is standing on, but you can make the person on it answer for his speech. Make tRump squirm!
>>
>>764219
I meant a "local" ignore function on Trump's end, without necessarily blocking people from tweeting back.
>>
>>764215
Adding onto this, with the shaky position of 47 § 230 which would remove their protection for when trump posts things like this, deleting any connection to him has ceased to be any form of virtue signalling, but is life line scrambling.
>>
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/apple-threatens-ban-parler?fbclid=IwAR2wGn2Q-HTtrEClQ4tb0A0wNS9jC9uhA0HNGXdZist9V5mBoO9VT-mY7po
>>
>>764201
You'd have to be insane to let Trump use your platform after he attempted to stage a coup against the US government.
They even gave Trump one last chance and he decided to be even more incriminatory.

The question is will twitter implement this regardless of Republicans get zapped.
https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-algorithm-crackdown-white-supremacy-gop-politicians-report-2019-4
>>
>>764220
That gets a bit hazy. A private company can't violate discrimination laws put forth by congress.
>>
>>764209
>it is censorship
No, it isn't. The term "censorship" is almost exclusively used in the context of government intervention. A more accurate term would be deplatforming. He's not being censored from speaking. He's being banned from using his chosen platform to spread his message.
>>
>>764242
>>764242
Okay, that's better term for it.
>>
>>764196
No. Its letting moderates win elections.
>>
https://deadline.com/2021/01/twitter-suspends-president-donald-trumps-account-facebook-incitement-1234667769/
Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on...
>>
January 20th.
The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.
The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.
>>
>>764151
>freedom of manipulating people
not a thing
>>
>>764151
>Censorship
FUCK OFF!

I hate this argument. You're not allowed to scream "FIRE" in a crowded theater because the panic, damage, and injuries' it can cause. That's against the law too, and not protected by the 1st amendment.

The publications of Trumps statements on these various private platforms is no different and has been clearly shown through these false statements to cause clear and present danger as well as injury, destruction and death. Not only do these private platforms have a right to ban him because he is violating their TOS' he should be held fully legally accountable for the damages and death he has caused. He was clearly warned and told the statements he was making would lead to this by numerous experts, friends, and colleagues and continued to perpetuate dangerous lies.
>>
>>764161
that'd have to be a record, right?
>>
>>764193
>and the police will be coming
yep, to serve no-knock warrants on the capitol hill terrorists
>>
>>764141
such disinfo and hyperbolie. Are all libtards schizos?
>>
>>764306
Trump staged a failed coup at the capitol, those are facts.
>>
>>764193
>muh gommunism
ok, retard
>>
>>764193
Retard commie you'll never get your "revolution"
>>
Regardless of what you call it, it's not good.
Get ready for the same pathetic justifications to be used to yeet 4chan as well faggots
>>
>>764151
Maybe but I think it's very funny. People have been banned from twitter for less.
>>
>>764151
Twitter is a private company. They decide thejr rules. If you break those rules, they are within their rights to suspend or ban you.
>>
>>764320
>Get ready for the same pathetic justifications to be used to yeet 4chan as well faggots
Oh, please! This place is a cespool
>>
>>764193
Nah. The lynch mob failed to murder Congress, the new administration is professional and will clean up this mess
?
>>
>>764196
The American people voted, Biden won and Trump lost.
>>
Incredibly stupid to cut off the social safety valves to vent in public, it'll blow and badly. The Lefties are really going all out to cause a civil war, to justify their pet purge. The country is at a tipping point, the Lefties just can't win gracefully - they have to grind people under their jackboots. Keep jumping, that's a landmine under your boots.
>>
>>764218
no.
>>
>gubmint can tell me what to do, fuck your masks!
>nooooo!!! gubmint has to force this private company to let orange man incite violence!!
>>
>>764351
>starting a fucking civil war over an account ban

You seem rather triggered, snowflake.
>>
>>764141
Good
>>
>>764351
> Trump used his twitter account to incite violence, but you'd better not ban him or else people will get violent
Trump's supporters are already turning to violence anyway, so there's no real downside to banning him.
>>
So much for American Exceptionalism. Nothing to see here, just another tin pot dictatorship with a veneer of democracy for the ignorant masses to point at.
>>
>>764371
What's your point?
>>
>>764371
The founders always intended it to be an oligarchy of the state legislatures with just a bunch of pretense about liberty while true power was held by the slave-owning planter aristocracy that controlled the state governments. It was meant to be just the Holy Roman Empire with the labels changed, where the landowners ruled as dukes and princes in all but name. All the talk about liberty was disingenuous propaganda from the start. The founders only meant to guard their own liberty to do as they please, they never intended to extend that to people outside the ruling caste, much like how ancient dictators would sometimes style themselves as "first citizen" to create the illusion of equality when in reality they were kings who held themselves above the law.
>>
>>764240
In that sense users are bound by the TOS when signing up for third party services. Congress can't step in that domain since the user voluntarily accepts it. And since Trump accepted Twitters TOS...
>>
>>764141
Precedent
This will be used to silence the left eventually.
They shoulda waited til he was out of office.
I want to know if he wants to nuke Iran.
>>
>>764380
So... Twitter and Facebook are going to silence people on the left who do what now?
>>
>>764169
>a cult leader
75 million Americans voted for him, and he is POTUS.
Silence the dangerous fool in 12 days.

I want to know if he sees enemies coming through the walls.
>>
>>764196
Protesting (if you're not a democrat) is terrorism, apparently
>>
>>764382
>silence people on the left who do what now

Advocate planned protests to get m4a, which can be construed as leading to violence.

The sword always cuts both ways, and Twitter et al are corporate
>>
>>764380
I think inciting a violent coup against the US government is a pretty high bar to reach.
You're a retard for thinking that's a slippery slope.
>>
>>764387
And don't forget when BLM held peaceful protests, which a vast majority were, they were met with brutality by law enforcement and the paramilitary.
>>
>>764394
>burns down and loots your city
>muh peaceful protests
>>
>>764391
The right wing thought that Obamacare was attempted genocide. Remember the whole "death panels" thing? To the right wing, advocating for healthcare is the same as advocating for violence.
>>
man you're all a bunch of cucks and fags lol
>>
>>764399
>Using cherry picked events to push right wing lie
>Meanwhile Republicans try to overthrown the government in a violent coup
Hmmm...
>>
>>764141
@POTUS and @WhiteHouse accounts suspended due to a basement-dwelling troll using them for ban evasion. Will be "transitioned over to the new administration in due course."

drumpf is so far off the rails he's using other accounts to try and evade his ban.

Solid.
Gold.
Comedy.

Americans are dying from COVID while the pamper's load in chief tries to evade a twit ban. Clearly has his priorities in order.
>>
>>764399
Potus here.
I herd about this great site afer the bad people banned me from twitter.
Any recomendaychuns for a good bord to post on?
>>
>>764399
>burns down and loots your city
I keep hearing conservatives say cities were burned down. What cities were burned down? Can you name one?

>muh peaceful protests
Based on crime reporting and police responses during the time of the BLM protests collected by
The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project they reported that less than 7% of the total protests reported any violence. This is based on an analysis of 7,750 BLM protests in the U.S. between May and August. Less than 7% were reported as "violent demonstrations" and that isn't even including the fact that we have loads of footage, evidence and eye witness testimony to determine that a significant portion of that 7% of violent demonstrations was initiated by the police and far-right agitators.

This is in contrast to the MAGA riots at the capital. which was massively violent demonstration which resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in property damage, theft, looting, rioting, assaults, 4 deaths including that of a capital police officer, dozens of arrest, and several discoveries of bombs planted near federal buildings for the purpose of assassinating politicians.

Cope more you fucking deranged, cultist piece of shit.
>>
>>764418
>>>b
>>
>>764351
Twitter doesn't owe Trump shit. These boots were made for stomping and thats just what they'll do.
>>
>>764419
>4 deaths
5 now. Eclipsing bENghaZI. I am certain “republicans” will spend years investing this fully.
>>
>>764416
He also tried to use his campaign twitter account
https://twitter.com/viaCristiano/status/1347735262831505411

And this one
https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/1347741119434649603
We wack a mole now.
>>
>>764420
I like /a/ better
You sound like /d/ person
>>
>>764433
I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to borrow his sons or wife's account next.
>>
Looks like Reddit banned Trump's board now.
Wonder how many more normalfags we're going to get shitting up 4chan.

But you don't even need to delete /pol/ to get rid of them, ban pepe and woajk. They're powerless without their cancer.
>>
>>764433

lmao. The donald using burner accounts now. I've seen everything.
>>
>>764448
>we did it, we defeated fascism!
>began the forced lockdowns!
>enact sweeping bans on speech!
>We're the good guys, why should we care about it ever coming back on us?
>>
>>764455
>we did it, we defeated fascism!
But the republican party is still around.
>>
>>764351
>Keep jumping, that's a landmine under your boots.
More like a vomit smeared maga hat; sure, some cult members will be triggered by this so called "censorship" but the majority of GOP enthusiasts are finally aware of the dishonesty, failure, and threats inherent in the whole maga project, all too happy to see Trump deposed.
Those that aren't will pay the price if they step out of line again, will literally be labeled extremists and terrorists and punished accordingly.
Sorry if that's not "graceful" enough for you...
>>
>>764456
>>we did it, we defeated fascism!
>But the republican party is still around.
Some more speech restrictions, and maybe door to door searches for hate paraphernalia. Be sure to call them fascists as you're literally putting them in camps, too, or the ironic effect will be lost on you as well.
>>
>>764458
>Those that aren't will pay the price if they step out of line again, will literally be labeled extremists and terrorists and punished accordingly.
Yep, just keep pushing people who feel like they've lost everything and have nothing left harder over the edge, that will make them give up and agree with you and not be violent
>>
>>764151
>censorship

...therefore thedonald.lose is more than forced to accept posts from liberals without banning them: and all Trumptards there are more than more than forced to agree with what all left-wingers say.

Will you personally make sure that will happen? Because you know what you'll be admitting when you so much as think of saying that you can't...!
>>
>>764461
>Nazis denied others not exactly like them of their right to exist

...therefore all Trumptards//pol/tards/Nazis etc never had the right to think of complaining when they're denied their right to so-called 'Freeze Peach'. Just like those Shitler & co. persecuted, Trumptards, saltier-rightists etc only have the right to take their being more than forced to admit they're all more than wrong in word, action & thought: and LIKE it.
>>
>>764459
>WAH! WE CAN'T PLOT A VIOLENT COUP ANYMORE!
Cope.
>>
>>764461
oh, i've no doubt there's going to be violence, that those that "feel like they've lost everything and have nothing left" will resort to striking out at their supposed enemies, but i'm more than confident they'll get dealt with accordingly. i think the country and it's democratic institutions are stronger than a rather vocal minority of malcontents with no coherent ideology and a host party that's sick of their shit. yeah, it won't be pretty but you do what you have to.
again, pls excuse the lack of grace.
>>
>>764455
>We're the good guys, why should we care about it ever coming back on us?

First they came for the Nazis: I did not speak out, because I'm not an inferior subhuman.

Then they came for the Trumptards: I did not speak out, because I support Joe Biden.

Then they came for the Anti-Semites: I did not speak out, because I don't have a problem with Jewish people.

Then they came for the Racists: I did not speak out, because I don't have a problem with other nationalities.

Then they came for the Homophobes: I did not speak out, because I'm not anti-LGBT.

Then they came for the Misogynists: I did not speak out, because I'm all for equal rights.

...and then they did not come for me: because I'm not an asshole.
>>
>>764478
Exactly. Now let's burn his books.
>>
>>764478
>because I'm not an asshole

Yor worse, you fence sitting faggot
>>
>>764512
Technically by saying he's not an asshole, he's sided with the left, so he's not a fence sitter.
>>
>>764512
he's pretty clearly picked his side
>>
so, when you gain universal power, what do you plan to do with it?
>>
when they think it's empire strikes back, when it's yoda perimiter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfKyMdg6fqY
>>
>>764536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkm9h0S4wr8
>>
>>764536
Yoda would have had some sage advice on avoiding being lead into this conflict - but our Luke probably would not have taken it either. I also suspect our Luke would strike his father down, rather than save him.
>>
>>764308

No, he didn't.
>>
>>764539
Well "our father" was never the type to sacrifice himself to save the sons of his nation. Though, yes, that maybe because our Luke refuses to see the goodness in him, and can only share in his self-centered rage against what they perceive as the unjustness of the world.
>>
>>764369

It's ANTIFA posing as Trump supporters
>>
>>764540
Whether he meant to or not aside, that is indeed what happened.
>>
>>764539
space leprechan fade away, kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9tgLnI0fFc
>>
>>764546
Blah, I'll have to listen to that after my stomach has settled to take your point.
>>
>>764547
i hope the heartbreak leaves me on the weekend
>>
>>764544

No, what happened is Deep State toadies pretended to be Trump supporters staging a riot in order to further make Trump look bad. The deep state cheated the election and theyre making an example of Trump to send a message anybody else that might want to oppose the swamp in the future "Do not oppose us, we will get you next if you do"
>>
>>764549
>>764543
>>764540
>reddit spacing
/pol/ppet in full damage control for Trump's failed coup.
>>
once they gain control, which was a stupid idea, they have to come up with a world plan. which instantly kills everyones boner
>>
>>764549
If by "The Deep State" you mean God, you might have a point. This is just the sort of drama he likes to run mankind through to teach humanity the hard lessons.

Otherwise, again, please write for SPC. This really is just the result of stupid blind people inciting stupid angry people, with no need to do anything behind closed doors that wasn't done long ago.
>>
> when the left discovers that threats of physical violence don't work forever

akward
>>
>>764559
>while the right resorts to physical violence

ironic
>>
>>764418
I think you'd fit in with >>>/y/ the most. They love you over there bigly
>>
>Antifa!
Not so fast terrorists!
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1347617222487920645
>>
>>764242
while the distinction might be useful, this is also a form of newspeak. Deplatforming in the modern internet world is just soft censorship.
>>
Trump will now do whatever it takes to save himself. That means throwing all under the bus.
>>
>>764512
>yor

...so it's not just reading comprehension that's not your strongest suit.
>>
>>764576
ok, dimwit
>>
>>764578
Who the fuck does he even have left to toss under the bus?
>>
>>764582
rude
>>
>>764210
>and his suspension from a single platform has effectively muffled him somehow
Nope, the army is setting up something new for him
>>
>>764215
>The riot by proud boys and MAGA
Those were largely antifa instigators.
>>
>>764603
Is ANTIFA in the room with you now? Do you see ANTIFA when you close your eyes? Show me on the doll where ANTIFA touched you.
>>
If you're a white American conservative, you're automatically a potential terrorist by the definitions of the Democrat establishment, and you will be prsecuted. They will race shame you for things you have not done, steal from you using the excuse of historical racial wrongs you had no part in, and then oppress you for all they can get away with because you are white and work for a living. You are a terrorist, because you are not a Democrat, and you have a voice.
>>
>>764613
You people are such fucking snowflakes, christ. The amount of victimhood you can dream up in your head is just astonishing.
>>
>>764576
You're not entitled to a twitter account. No ones putting tape over your mouth.
>>
>>764151
>this move is censorship.
Yes. And?
>>
>>764548
Umm... Yeah.

I sometimes feel like I’m watching all this from a galaxy far, far away, as it’s all so unbelievable, and I've seen this story play out so many times before, so long, long ago.

But regardless of which side of the force you are on, try to make sure whatever cave you are hiding in, isn’t actually a giant space snake.
>>
>>764681
Meh, I get that Twitter is doing this out of a sense of responsibility to its audience and the nation.

But it brings us closer to the ugly question we will probably be hitting up SCOTUS to answer again, within in the next four years:
"If freedom of speech only applies to government censorship, and all avenues of communication are privately owned, does freedom of speech really mean anything?"

They incorporated the second amendment back in ~2010, nothing to say they can't incorporate the first, only more thoroughly.

Granted, removing 230 just means social media companies have to censor more, not less - and probably would need to bar posts from all non-trusted users to avoid liability. Basically, reducing the Internet to the state of TV and radio, where just a few groups of pre-approved stars are allowed to speak, and only a handful of giant corporations can afford to broadcast, and thus control nearly all communication.
>>
>>764193
>The elites have inaugorated a one party state...that's Communisim
Communism does not just mean one party state you fucking retard
>>
>>764549
Actually it's just a riot which isn't a coup or terrorism or insurrection. Conspiracy theories or not, dems are going full bush mode with how they want to oppress people and the coronavirus lockdown is already worse than anything that came before it. This is absolutely insane. I really hope it's all shills in here defending all this because if anyone's acting like Nazis it's Joe Biden and the Republicans all saying they want a war on domestic terrorism. Fuck. They literally want to kill their own citizens like the wars they did in the Middle East. But we're the extremists. Please oh please why can't we just go back to the days of trannies and Obamacare.
>>
I support impeaching Trump, but I don't support banning him from Twitter because I don't think the tweets for which he was banned constitute incitement, and I think applying the rules unevenly contributes to further political polarization.
>>
>>764714
You're close to the mark, though I wish you'd think more about human motivations, beyond simply power.

But mentioning the Middle East specifically, this is kind of a test for America - to see if we've learned anything about what the inevitable consequences to a nation are, when you force a king to choose between being deposed and martyrdom.
>>
>>764715
They, as well as his televised addresses, were all demonstrably incitement, or this wouldn't have happened.

Granted, the Democrats gave him that tool to manipulate, by ignoring despair among a huge swath of the public for 8+ years, calling them names the whole time. So they are just as guilty of incitement, collectively. Both parties have been doing but nothing but generating salt from the opposing electorate for decades, and both are guilty of tyranny of majority, whenever either is in charge.

The media of both sides (not just news, but all media), however, has more guilt than anyone else, even if some of them could claim they were "just following orders". A lot of them actually believed, and continue to believe, what they are and were doing is right, which makes them very difficult to hold to account for the mess they've created.
>>
>>764715
It's not just about the tweets that were tied to the insurrection, he's had a long and rich history of breaking Twitter TOS, and Twitter's given him a very long leash because he's POTUS and his tweets are a matter of public record.
It was the sum total of sin, topped off with the Wed/Thurs tweets, that got him banned.
>>
>>764721
oh fuck off twitter made the arab spring happen, no one believes your shit
>>
>>764722
that was facebook anon
>>
>>764722
Can't say it didn't contribute (as did 4chan and Facebook, as I recall). But Twitter has no TOS against organizing protests, and is an American company, with little to no liability or interest in what happens in the ME. If anything, it just means more tweets from westerner's gawking at the whole mess.

They may soon learn, however, that karma's a bitch - as may we all, should both these parties not wise up to the fact they are being played.
>>
>>764193
>The Deep State ha
lol, get fucked
this Q tier dogshit is a fucking joke, literally a gift to the democratic party and a nightmare for the greedy little pigs in the GOP that couldn't see where such dumb faggotry would eventually take them.
you are the problem here, the cancer that's destroying this country, and all you deserve is ridicule or punishment
KYS
>>
>>764210
I mean Gawd forbid he has a direct line to communicate with the public where MSM can't take his words out of context or spin it
>>
>>764394
Burned, looted, and murdered.
Yes. That was peaceful.
Stupid nigger.
>>
>>764741
istg man these niggers are fucking retarded
>>
>>764414
>cherry picked events
What percentage of the trumpers protesting participated in the clashes with police and entered the capitol? I'd be milling to bet it's less than 1 or 2%.
>>
>>764748
They're all equally guilty of taking part in the failed coup.
>>
>>764762
Are all BLM protestors equally guilty of arson, looting, property destruction, and the harassment and assault of bystanders?
>>
>>764768
All BLM protesters are guilty of wanting the police to stop their extrajudicial killings, because that was the purpose of the protests that you signed on to by joining in. All MAGA protesters are guilty of taking part in the failed coup, FOR THE SAME REASON.
>>
>>764768
Did they all take part in a violent coup to overthrown the US government like the Trump Loyalists?
>>
In permanently suspending Trump's account (and his 88.7 Million followers) Twitter has deprived Trump of a major avenue for monetizing the presidency after he leaves office. Those howls of rage you hear coming from the White House are about $$$, not free speech.
This is why USG officials are required to use official accounts, so that they can't use government resources to build followings and then take it with them. Nikki Haley broke State Department's rules on this as UN Ambassador and had to forfeit her account & 1.7M followers.
>>
>>764770
Braindead framing, either everyone in a movement is responsible for the bad actors crimes, or only the bad actors are. You are suggesting that every person present is guilty of the crimes committed because they might have supported them, even those who were present and did not participate - the enormous majority of people protesting in DC that day. Given how universal the support among BLM supporters was for the violence and destruction where it occurred, you simply cannot have it both ways if you want to establish a standard of guilt by association.
>>
>>764772
Ehhhh, Trump is going to have a Tucker Carlson style show on OANN and be just fine.
>>
>>764740
>Long have we stood on the sidelines and watched as criminally degenerate and rich arrogant swine polluted and plundered our once great nation. America was founded on certain beliefs and recently those beliefs have been shit on harder than ever before in the entire history of our once great nation.
Yes. That describes the administration of our carnival barking, mob boss, grifter-in-chief, Donald J. Trump.

>A beautiful, innocent patriot was murdered by thugs on the most sacred ground in our nation. Our Capitol Building. The very Icon of Freedom and Free Speech. This proud patriot, whether you agree with her or not, was an American who believed in America and believed in Freedom.
If by "innocent patriot" you mean domestic terrorist attempting to interfere in and shutdown the Constitutionally mandated process of accepting the legally certified electoral votes for President, literally part of a mob espousing the immediate execution of those legally elected officials, sure.

>She was a veteran who fought to ensure the freedoms many of you take for granted.
Your Dear Leader has said many times, he doesn't like veterans who were killed or captured, he likes winners, preferably those who have Big Daddy buy them deferments.

>Time to rise up and root out the corruption in both the media and our once great nation. The media no longer reports facts.The media lies.
If by "media" you mean right wing media, correct.

>God Bless America. God Bless Real Patriots. Make your voices heard. Let Freedom ring.
He did, when he sent you scumbag domestic terrorists/insurrectionists sliming back under your rocks (soon to be jail) just as he did when he turned over the Executive and Legislative branches to the Dems. Enjoy occupying a jail cell designed for 2 people that now houses you and 4 others, Tyrone, Darius, Juan, and Marcellius.
>>
>>764419
Wow.. imagine I'm not in the USA and I've seen the hypocrisy but you cannot and automatically assume that person is just coping and is right wing. You all are so hilarious. BTW the burning happened in Portland and Kenosha. Also "Antifa" did just as much damage, have fun with your hypocrisy and double standards, both sides are looking like clowns pointing at each other. Or maybe your own copium will be that it wasn't "Antifa". Yikes, also I'll enjoy your "you don't live here so you don't know" replies.
>>
>>764151
Yes. HOWEVER, the argument is that Twitter is a private company and as such is allowed to do whatever they want. Which is all well and good, it's the timing of the whole thing that's suspicious.
>>
>>764478
Funny thing is they have labelled anyone those words some never were those things just labelled as such and got the boot. It is quite stupid. Especially when those outside cannot say anything lest they risk some rogue American leftist reporting and banning them.
>>
>>764543
Copium
>>
>>764556
I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>764151
Trump is still free to go to other platforms to plot his treason. Banning shitposters is not censorship.
>>
>>764613
I will state as someone not from the USA they harass me too and I'm not even white or American or moderate much more far anything. It is all bullshit. And as such I barely use social media or much of the Internet.
>>
>>764621
Imagine fighting with someone just because you have it worse. You having things worse doesn't make other's experiences non-existent.
>>
The problems arise from the various interpretations of the Amendments to the Constitution.
Herds of lawyers of different political colors leave their opinion on what should be done and what should not be done to how these Amendments are applied, and the population swallows what the white collars tell them and not the Constitution.
So Trump has become a doctrine in itself, we need a new Party or a new Constitution.
Trump says he is making a new television, along with existing radio stations, to watch and listen to it, maybe that's how we get out of the liberal fog and see the future of America better.
Too bad that the Republicans betrayed him, preferring the promises and lies of the Democrats, in order to have a long reign and their peace in the territory ...!
>>
What terrorist group is that?
>>
>>764695
Finally someone who gets it.
>>
>>764718
Indeed
>>
>>764810
It's called MAGA.
>>
Personally, I am convinced that those who entered the Capitol were members of Antifa, not supporters of Trump!
Actors paid by Antifa caused these events!
>>
>>764714
you've got to be trolling
if not, take your fucking meds m8
>>
>>764786
I hate to break it to you but all media are lying pieces of trash. I'd know I've seen them lie about my country and events time and time again. I was there in person and know for certain they lied.
>>
>>764813
No, I think you're confused.
You obviously meant ANTIFA.
>>
>>764809
The big shots don't want him and neither do the people if the election is to be believed, do with that info as you please.
>>
>>764821
Nope. Reuters, PBS, Christian Science Monitor and many others have legitimate sources to back their reporting and use very few loaded words if any. The banana republic, authoritarian tactic that Trump has been implementing since he first descended his golden escalator like the 2nd coming of Christ, that all media is "fake news" when they report verifiable, objective facts about him and his policies, is not only laughably disenguous, it's an obvious Fascist lie attempting to delegitimize the only thing keeping us from descending into full scale dictatorship.
>>
>>764549
If by deep state you mean that Trump implied that they should do it, then sure
>>
>>764830
Perhaps they don't lie but all the mainstream news I ever came across have lied about something or other. Especially CNN.
>>
>coup
protesting inside of a government building is not a coup
>>
>>764822
Strange way of spelling MAGA
>>
>>764830
You had better hope you are wrong.
Because if you are right, there are bullets being loaded that have your name on them.
If you are right, then you are maybe months away from being dragged out of your hovel and executed in the street.
If you are right, then your family will be next, right after you are dead and your phone gets unlocked and your contact info investigated.
If you are right, then all your friends will follow, and so on, and so forth.
If you are right.
But, you probably aren't right. You are an overreacting, schizoid little leftoid whiner that blows everything out of proportion, because you are utterly comfortable and domesticated.
If things were even close to how you act they are, your life would be in imminent danger for your terroristic and antagonistic behavior towards people you regularly suggest are worse than Nazi's, and 'literal terrorists'.
But, you know they aren't. You know you are safe. You know you are a drama queen. You know the people you mock are not dangerous. You know you are a liar, and you know you are a shill.
You had better hope you are never right about the nonsense you promote, because the second you become correct, the the second you should begin legitimately fearing for your life.
>>
>>764841
Of the long list of cope posts, this is near the top.
>>
>>764846
>plunging country into violence
>disenfranchising desperate people
Assuming right wingers really are as violent and dangerous as you make them out to be, how do you think saying 'cope' is going to help if they happen to find you IRL?
>>
>>764846
Are the fascists in the room, little timmy?
>>
>>764820
>not believing a protest that gets out of hand = sedition & terrorism is schizo

ok cultist
>>
>>764855
>sedition & terrorism
It's only being called sedition and terrorism because they didn't have corporate sponsorship. If they had corporate support like BLM, it'd be a "mostly peaceful protest".
>>
there gonna arrest him for carrying nancies podium?
>>
>>764858
If only he had just peacefully looted and firebombed a small business instead.
>>
>>764858
sounds kinnda funny
>>
>>764841
cool beans bruh, fucking off yourself.
>>
>>764856
Yeah this is totally true.
>>
>>764859
Lololol
Ikr?
When the looting isn't targeting politicians they can firebomb anything and it's peaceful
As soon as someone protests politicians in front of them taking their podium becomes terrorism
It really isn't sad they didn't have disney, cbs, warner, and comcast backing them like the leftist protests, then the 3 letter news agencies would be calling them heroes and praising this
>>
>>764151
Try imagining Twitter as a bakery and Trump as a gay cake
>>
some time it be like that
>>
>>764864
I personally think twitter can ban whoever they want
What I disagree with is the courts ruling that Trump can't ban people from his twitter because it's "official channel of communication"

To meet the aforementioned court ruling is inconsistent with twitter being able to ban him.

Tbqh let twitter ban him, IDC, but it was dumb for courts to rule that Trump can't ban people like every other twitter user. There is a definite double standard here
>>
>>764864
Don't think you're helping the point you're trying to make considering what happened at that bakery.
>>
>>764864
That imagery has far too much visceral reality to it than I can stomach over the lunch hour.
>>
not sure here. but didn't he say i'm fuck your shit up with a bunch of niggas?
>>
>>764867
The whole social media for politicians thing is a mess.

Either Trump should have been banned years ago for violating the Twitter TOS like any other user, or he should not be banned until Jan. 20 because it's official communication from the President. He has a straight line to all the media just down the hall from his office, so he's not getting cut out of doing his duties because of the ban. But when politicians write letters to be published in newspapers, the editors of the paper can run that letter or not at their discretion. There's no law saying private media has to report what anyone says, no matter their office.
>>
>>764840
It's kind of scary how weirdly adamant you are about this.
>>
>>764841
Damn dude, is mommy delayed warming up your chicken tendies because she's been noisily "occupied" with a "guest" or are you just prone to severe dyspepsia?

>progressives don't own firearms or know how to defend themselves
Your naivete would be cute, if it weren't so ridiculously ignorant.
>>
>>764873
it's kind of embarresing to ban a president from twitter, but not for trump
>>
i mean how dangerous is this nigga, kek
>>
>>764873
This is exactly my point
>>
*president trump declared terrorist organization*
>>
any squire can be taught to find the asian girl in a suit of armour. but do you really want to.
>>
>>764880
According to him he has 75 million angry republicans on his side. So his danger level is only a 3/10
>>
>>764897
75 million. *smug nigga face*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9tgLnI0fFc
>>
>>764876
rent free
>>
>>764348
"When you come at the King, you better not miss".
>>
it was a joke, they hardle even tried
>>
It's funny how Republicans already forgot about gay wedding cakes.
Reap what you sow.
>>
>>764695
>and all avenues of communication are privately owned
Your mouth isn't privately owned. Free speech will still live on then
>>
>>764947
This, you can buy a bullhorn and speak on a street corner
>>
>>764718
Insults are different from incitement. I'd like to see media outlets call for the same shit Trump did before I consider them alike
>>
>>764722
The President being responsible for such protests is another thing entirely compared to the people who brought the Spring about.
>>
>>764773
Whos talking about crimes and bad actors? Talking about purpose behind the presences at the protests. What were BLM protesters there for? And what were Trump supporters at the Capitol there for too? Considering what Trump asked of them on Twitter, they're not there for a friendly chat.
>>
>>764841
>>764852
If they come for a fight, they will get one. Seems like the nation is against them too. I won't be the only ones with a bone to pick with you MAGAts
>>
>>764941
It's funny how liberals inverted their position.
>>
>>764603
proof?
>>
>>764867
Trump can't ban people on Twitter because his account is treated like a public forum for public critique. Twitter can ban Trump anytime because it never was meant as a public forum, even if Trump wants otherwise.
>>
>>764613
this but unironically
trumpists are enemies of the state and should be hanged
>>
>>764821
Cope
>>
https://twitter.com/Rea0DonaldTrump
>>
Trump not only one other politicians use twitter for their public forum like Pelosi and others
>>
>>764141
I believe politicians should fear their citizens. The fact that so many people here are cheering on the coming authoritarianism while calling Trump a dictator or labeling his supporters terrorists after BLM caused more damage, killed more people and took over more government facilities for months is pretty funny. But I'm just an outsider looking in on you clowns.
>>
>>764972
Nice try terrorist.
>>
>>764974
lmao you're about to get Patriot Act 2.0 you stupid mutt.
>>
>>764971
They should all be banned
>>
>>764975
And maganigs caused it by their pathological inability to remain civil.
>>
>>764975
FISA is amended and repassed every couple years so that's nothing new. The yearly NDAA is full of glownigger enablement too.
>>
>>764988
Your country hasn't been civil for decades. You're rootless and uncultured. What you think is your culture is spoon-fed to you by corporations that turn you into mental and physical slaves.
>>
>>764993
>Rent Free
*dabs*
>>
>>765005
>*dabs*
The irony. Perhaps, you could Fortnite Dance on me next.
>>
>>764838
I dunno the crowd chanting that they want to lynch Pence and the guys wandering around with guns and quick restraints says otherwise.
>>
Trump is now going to focus on the fact he was banned from twitter for inciting treason by claiming conservatives are the victim of censorship by big tech.

Conservatism is a cancer to America
>>
>>765119
the trend is already spreading on facefuck
>>
>>765120
Conservatives are desperate to try and white wash the fact they staged a failed coup against the US government.
>>
>>764169
It's not your place to determine whose a terrorist. How would you like it if I claimed you're a terrorist? You definitely got some qualities

Also Epstein's Island was private property. So should your kids be locked in cages and fucked to death? Oh wait you don't have kids cause you're a fucking incel who doesn't know how property and liability works.
>>
>>764903
You’re right. They are living rent free in that guys head. If only that was an actual roof people could live under.
>>
They need to ban him from 4channel also. And maybe 4chan. He can continue his social media activities on growlr as usual.
>>
>>764220
>>764169
Doesn't mean it's not censorship you dumb cunts.
Free speech =/= 1st Amendment

>Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient."[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

>inb4 "lol wikipedia"
>>
>>764947
That's basically freedom to stay quiet. Particularly in COVID world.

>>764948
Disturbing the peace - go try it, outside of a few designated areas where they put up with that shit as part of the local culture.

And no one listens to the man on the soapbox in central park either, they just use him as an object lesson as what a loon looks like. (Not that we don't get that, collectively, around here.)

There are few platforms you can truly and freely speak on, that aren't privately owned. This site is also, privately owned.
>>
>>764950
Not over decades - you eventually make it clear your intent is to eliminate the person and their people, and not just their ideals, or kill their identity, which is worse than threatening their bodies with death, as their soul or ideals may survive that, depending on which they believe in.

And ignoring the minority's problems whenever you control the government, be those problems climate change or immigration, rather than providing alternate solutions, is both incitement and tyranny - something which both parties are guilty of to the point where you could hang them for treason, if they were but one person.
>>
>>764972
fuck off shoob
>>
>>764972
Politicians that are scared of you will try to set you against one another to save themselves.

What you want, are politicians that depend on you, and thus want you to be the best people you can be - that the people may reciprocate, as members among them become politicians.
>>
>>765167
I did, was perfectly fine. Even got a few people honking in support.
Turns out, being vocally against a coup is agreed upon,
>>
>>765241
Cool story bro.
>>
>>765243
I know it's a cool story, it's based on what happened.
>>
>>765313
City and cross streets of this performance? Shouldn't be any risk to ID.
>>
>>765337
Nice try jackboot.
>>
>>765347
That's what I thought.
>>
wait, i'm the smooth negro of the story.
>>
it sounds like there saying king kong, is this a joke?
>>
/pol/ resorting to sliding this now.
>>
>>765882
There's a thread about it at the top of page zero literally right now with like fifty replies in the last hour.
>>
>>764972
>I believe politicians should fear their citizens
Yes... through their votes. Anything else is pure criminal. This is a democracy not a kingdom.
>>
>>765163
Well you agreed to that censorship through those TOS you accepted. There is no true free speech, but that goes for private and public venues alike. The 1A only protects government censorship, and even then, not fully. The 1A never did, does not, and won't ever apply to private platforms in favor of their own TOS.
>>
>>765167
Freedom nonetheless. You're not entitled to be heard, only entitled to speak - and even then, only in select situations. You're free to rant on a soapbox, and people are free to ignore you, that goes for social media too. Only its their soapbox you're standing on and which they can seize at any time for any reason.

>>765172
>you eventually make it clear your intent is to eliminate the person and their people, and not just their ideals, or kill their identity, which is worse than threatening their bodies with death, as their soul or ideals may survive that, depending on which they believe in.
The former is a crime, the latter is criticism. Nothing wrong with that. Some people deserve the flak.

>And ignoring the minority's problems whenever you control the government
Thats an issue with your governmental system, not of free speech.
>>
>>765884
Not him, but I don't visit /pol/, a board that more resembles a zoo exhibit overpopulated with chittering, chattering jibbering feces flinging chimpanzees.
>>
>>765005

It's kind of amusing how retarded you are
>>
>>765915
>You're not entitled to be heard
That would rather defeat the purpose of having freedom of political speech.

You can reduce the Internet to a medium like television or radio, where only a handful pre-approved speakers are allowed to speak, to the divisive ends of their employers, and thus, ultimately, only a rich few are allowed to speak and control the convseration.

Or, you can have the Internet we have now, where, for the most part, every citizen is allowed to broadcast, within certain broad limits.

...and everyone is free to ignore the Internet. At least until the party controlled alternative media of their choice starts irresponsibly echoing it, just because fear and outrage sells.

Seems if the Internet were free, and the rest of the media was held to a higher standard of responsibility for the drugs it sells, we'd all be better off, as well as free.
>>
>>766190
A better way to think of it is twitter is a megaphone that's not yours.
They can take it away any time.

The problem is people have made Twitter so powerful it feels like it should be regulated so they can't just shut down people.
But that's not the case.
>>
>>766222
Think the more fundamental complaint is the people have a right to be heard. (Even if you don't believe they do, I think we can at least agree it is unwise to silence them.)

Seems, obvious solution, would be for the government to provide a public social media forum of its own, controlled by bipartisan panels and algorithms, rather than just private ones owned by either party, as we have now.

Granted, you can imagine what a target for hackers that would become, the resulting upkeep, and the fact that you'd have to hire guys from social media companies with the expertise to mitigate all the inevitable spam and DDOS attacks.
>>
>>766227
>Seems, obvious solution, would be for the government to provide a public social media forum of its own
Don't think that would float, given how much America hates and distrusts its government - but the government could provide a legal model for freedom of speech protected sites that private enterprise could use, and get a stamp of approval for that can be revoked, should they not follow the rules of the stated policy.

Equivalent of the FDA's food labeling. Though, again, said FCC subset (or what not) would have to be bipartisan in nature, and subject to judicial challenges.
>>
>>764576
"Deplatforming": an awkward new word that accurately describes banning someone from a specific media service.
"Soft censorship": It's censorship that doesn't meet the actual criteria to be defined as censorship, but I still want it to sound bad so I'll add a vague adjective to it so I can avoid criticism that tries to hold me accountable for my statements.
Which of these two words is closer to newspeak?
>>
>>766228
>Equivalent of the FDA's food labeling.
FDA's food labeling system is pretty damned corrupt - can get labeled "organic" simply because you don't use various pesticides, most of which are illegal, even if the product is indirectly GMO'd. (Though non-GMO is a separate sticker.)

Albeit, the FDA isn't bipartisan, so much as regularly headed up by someone with financial interests in the food and agricultural industry they are regulating - and the bottom line.

At least, in this case, there's little monetary motivation, though I'd like there to be a rule about not being an investor or employee/CEO of any communication company to be on the panel (as well as all other regulatory panels - but I don't think you'd really need experts in social media to make the final judgement calls, unlike some other agencies).

Maybe a letter grade system would do better.

Not that a private ratings agency can't serve this purpose, but it wouldn't have teeth or really be challengeable in court.
>>
>>766233
"Limiting the range of debate" I believe is the phrasing an old anti-Zionist Jew once used.

But as most companies don't want to be instruments of spreading the sorts lies and conspiracies that lead hopelessness and then violence, while others thrive on it, that "soft censorship" is kind of the free market fixing it, and breaking it, at the same time.

Hopefully that self-generated AI will come along soon, as there can never be a final human arbitrator of truth, beyond each individual person.
>>
>>766190
>That would rather defeat the purpose of having freedom of political speech
The 1A never said you had the right to an audience, no less a receptive one. Again, the soapbox metaphor: speak all you want, but no one is obligated to listen.

>You can reduce the Internet to a medium like television or radio, where only a handful pre-approved speakers are allowed to speak, to the divisive ends of their employers, and thus, ultimately, only a rich few are allowed to speak and control the convseration.
...Get off the internet? Talk to a neighbor? A friend? Or just find your own slice of the web.

>>766222
>The problem is people have made Twitter so powerful it feels like it should be regulated so they can't just shut down people.
Again, people are not entitled to their platform despite its popularity. Twitter is not responsible for the choices that its users have made to use them. Even if everyone in the world has an account they would still fundamentally be a private platform with TOS and unilateral power to banhammer you. After all you voluntarily chose to sign up with them.
>>
>>766227
>Think the more fundamental complaint is the people have a right to be heard. (Even if you don't believe they do, I think we can at least agree it is unwise to silence them.)
That rights not in the 1A, forget the Big C. Silencing people through a social media ban only silences them on social media. It doesn't change the fact that social media is wholly optional. Plenty of megaphones and soapboxes out there. And if
that weren't the case, you still have the one your mama gave you, which the 1A protects somewhat.

>Seems, obvious solution, would be for the government to provide a public social media forum of its own
...Town hall? I don't see any reason for governments to do this. Being socially connected or not is an individual affair, not a government mandate. And if it would exist yet, it would seem like just another easy way for governments to control speech, since they do host it themselves.
>>
>>766299
>>766303
>The 1A never said you had the right to an audience, no less a receptive one.
Yes, but the purpose of the 1st amendment, beyond avoiding tyranny, is to provide a free and wide ranging political debate.

So what happens when everything is privately owned, and even soap box guy isn't allowed to do his thing beyond his back yard? (Or, these days, more likely his apartment, since he's probably a renter - and would likely get evicted for being too loud and disturbing his neighbors).

Now, I'm not saying Twitter should be forced to allow people to put whatever they want on its corporate wall, but people are feeling disenfranchised by the oligarchy that owns these platforms, and that isn't something that should be left unaddressed, or that anger will build, and the nation will become vulnerable to people who wish to exploit it.

You could address it with social media seals/ratings of freedom of expression, or whatever. Give companies an incentive to create places where people have full freedom of speech, and let them choose whether they want to spend time there.

At the moment, all we have is places like this, which are kinda notorious for being places for misfits - and even this place has its limits. Plus if got his wish and nixed 230, it'd be gone along with Twitter.
>>
let him speak, i think i can control my self.
>>
>>764169
Hello? Based Department?
>>
>>765337
>Shouldn't be any risk to ID

Not even Coronavirus was a risk to id Software and Nintendo on 20th March last year.

...but a political BFG-9000 is more than a risk to the Khan't Trumpr on 20th January this year.
>>
>>766309
>Yes, but the purpose of the 1st amendment, beyond avoiding tyranny, is to provide a free and wide ranging political debate.
...which can take place anywhere else but Twitter et al?

>So what happens when everything is privately owned, and even soap box guy isn't allowed to do his thing beyond his back yard?
If its his yard though, there's nothing stopping him, except for those loudness laws, but that's more affecting how he speaks instead of the right to speak. I get what you mean but it seems like a hyperbolic situation. There will never be full private ownership, because you will still have your mouth to speak with. Nor will the government do anything because 1A and practicality issues (they can't duct tape everybody's mouths).

>but people are feeling disenfranchised by the oligarchy that owns these platforms, and that isn't something that should be left unaddressed, or that anger will build, and the nation will become vulnerable to people who wish to exploit it.
Frankly, they were never granted franchise to begin with by social media, its still optional and at the whims of the companies who offer it. If there will be hate sown from this, then there will be a crackdown. I don't think America is one to negotiate with bad actors, foreign or domestic.

>You could address it with social media seals/ratings of freedom of expression, or whatever. Give companies an incentive to create places where people have full freedom of speech, and let them choose whether they want to spend time there.
Companies already have an (economic) incentive to keep things PG-13, and that precludes hostile speech of all types. Hate speech and misinfo is not advertiser friendly, for better or worse. There doesn't seem to be much weight behind any government incentives for free speech, since free speech is solely a governmental concern, and has little effect elsewhere.

Besides you got federated social media at least. Go FLOSS
>>
>>764154
What in the absolute fuck are you on about
>>
>>766389
What is stopping trump from speaking??
He has a press secretary and a podium. If he were to stand behind it every news organization will cover it.
He lacks free speech because he is an idiot and self censors. When he doesn’t he comes off retarded speaking of the British airfield in 1776 or injecting some sort of disinfectant like bleach into people.
>>
>>766881
>...which can take place anywhere else but Twitter et al?
At none of which is your freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution, being my point.

You don't need to force Twitter to act constitutionally as if it were a government service, but you do need to provide spaces that do. Either by having the government provide them, or having the government provide official seals to private services, so long as they continue to prove they follow the rules the government would be bound to.

Otherwise you open yourself up to insurrection by anyone who wants to take advantage of a swath of the public that *feels* disenfranchised.

You can cling logic and law, but you cannot ignore hearts, and expect to cling to having power or a functioning nation.
>>
Republicans are more concerned about their follower count than they are about America.
That shows how evil they are.
>>
>>767280
>you do need to provide spaces that do
The government already does this. It’s called the postal service. You can mail all types of literature all over the country. You are also free to set up an ISP if you like. Host away - just realize that there are real life consequences to inciting rebellion against the government and/or threatening the lives of elected officials.
Good luck and Godspeed!
>>
>>767559
Yes, and there should be.

But the people who breed those consequences, need to be aware of those consequences.

They need to see the public fear they've created. They need to also see the love they've created. And how those both feed off one another.

You can't get that, without the widest possible net of free speech possible.

Not saying we need to do anything to anyone.

Saying we need to quit pretending we're playing tic-tac-toe.

There's an emotion dimension to this shit. It is illogical to ignore it. We're acting like machines following a code, so that's all we're doing.
>>
>>767280
If you're saying that an internet connection and some amount of server space should be the constitutional right of every American, I absolutely agree with you, but that's because I'm a communist.
>>
>>767552
Bruh shut up you faggot your a literal retard if you believe that
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80% of all Democrat
or republican voters hold nearly the same ideas about what is best for America.
The big six media corporations construct their own echo Chambers around their followers to reinforce these skewed opinions of yours so that they can drive support for whoever there are current political lap dog is.
Only small portions of each political parties membership actually hold what are considered radical beliefs by the other party.
the broad perception amongst voters that the opposing political party is encompassed by radicals is literally because of the echo Chambers the big six have built

If you haven't realized this by now there's something wrong with you
>>
>>767599
I agree with you and by extension other anon because I refuse to align with any current political party because of how fucjed up they are and I think the only way to fix it is to take power away from the Democrat and Republican party and put it into the hands of people
>>
>>764958
Beep boop
>>
>>767605
Well the people vote democrat.
>>
>>764736
S E E T H E
>>
>>764972
>politicians should fear their citizens
>unless they're /my guy/ then we worship him and go to jail for him
>>
>>764151
Fpbp
Many robots, NPCs, bootlickers, and generally just unintelligent people were utterly assblasted by this post.
Gj.
Nice to see someone on here that actually posts reasonable things
>>
>>764215
rent free
>>
>>767604
I only scanned through 20 words and I can already see the cope oozing out of your post
>>
terrorist group? well it can only be BLM or Anteefa?
>>
Trump gets BTFO again
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-youtube-trump/youtube-removes-new-content-uploaded-to-trumps-channel-idUSKBN29I0F9
>>
>>768912
You need some new coping skills anon.
>>
>>768915
Michael Yon by his own admission was hanging out with "Ghoul"liani during the attempted coup to overthrow the US Constitution and Democracy by Trump and his magat Brown Shirt wannabes. The fuck you think he's going to say? He wasn't even on location at the attempted coup.

He should stick with what he does well - reporting about the Military and operations while embedded with them on location, not licking the hair dye off "Ghoul"liani's hideous mug and Trump's boots, while cowering in the WH bunker.
>>
hopefully retarded trumpers stop following politics again like they did pre-trump or better yet they can turn their guns on themselves as a protest to biden being elected pres.
>>
>>768915
What award?
>>
>>764141
Metafilter, you can't stage a coup against yourself.
>>
>>768918
Right. I am sure the earth is flat and run by lizard people. Only you “know what’s happening”.
>>
>>764459
Unironically I've thought of doing this to troll the paramilitary retards down my street who frequently annoy everyone else with their bullshit, but I'm pretty sure their front door is booby trapped and they nearly shot a salesman once, so pranking them with a little
>haha, da guv'ment really is comin' for ya! lol just kiddin', but fuck you for the loud drinking parties though seriously, and clean up your yard it's an embarassment
Would likely end with me getting my head blown off
So much for the "tolerant" schizos...
>>
>>768936
I'm hoping that too. In my relatively rural area they would confine themselves to bi-weekly paintball "wars" and occasionally go into the woods and shoot their assault rifles with bump stocks into trees and whatever wildlife happened to stumble by. Everyone knows each other, and I knew even then not to talk about my Progressive viewpoints, but they knew I was a veteran so would come ringing my doorbell and plead, "Mr. <first name>, can you please show us 1 more time how to breakdown, clean and reassemble our gun? We promise to pay attention, this time!" So I good naturedly showed them once again, reminding them that it isn't called a gun, it's called a weapon.
>This is your weapon (pointing at assault rifle)
>this is your gun (pointing at crotch)
>one is for killing
>one is for fun!
They always got a kick out of that.
>>
>>769087
You never did say your MOS.
>>
>>764955
it's not that we inverted our position, we still think that private businesses have a right to choose, but that there should be protections for discrimination against unchangeable traits.
So for instance, you shouldn't be able to kick someone out of a diner for being black. Obviously. In my opinion, that should also logically extend to something like being gay (since you can't change that any more than your skin color), however the Supreme Court did still rule correctly, since their ruling had nuance, and wasn't the the simple newsbite headline of "court says no to gay cakes"

Essentially what they ruled is that there is no legal basis for forcing a company to specifically make something that goes against their wishes (a tailor-made gay wedding cake for instance) but that they also cannot refuse service to gay people if they want to order a regular wedding cake for a gay wedding.
Conservatives are the ones who are having their previous position bite them in the ass. Good luck pretending that your free speech is being violated by a private company after specifically lobbying for the opposite position heavily for 10 years!
>>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/534069-kushner-stopped-trump-from-joining-parler-gab-after-twitter-ban

Trump was going to join Parler, but Jerad stopped him, imagine if he did and then it got shut down.
>>
Well, well, well. The ban was 100% justified.
https://www.businessinsider.com/misinformation-fell-73-after-trump-was-banned-across-social-media-2021-1
>>
Bump.
>>
>>772307
This is soo telling of the absolute state of the magaherd.
>>
>>772307
>>772592
>according to one analysis
>analysis is from a think tank in San Fran funded by WaPo and Facebook
>WaPo and Facebook still making claims about what is disinformation and what isn't
Lmao. Peel back the layers and all the propaganda comes from the same few sources.
>>
>>772594
The thinktank isn't wrong.
>>
>>772597
Propaganda is propaganda.

Not to worry though, I'm sure you can trust Facebook.
>>
>>772594
>>772598
>It's propaganda because the data shows my side is wrong.
Imagine being this much of a partisan.
Also election disinformation is pretty simple to ID. Because it boils down to the lie that Trump won.
>>
>>772609
>it's propaganda because it's funded by Facebook
FTFY
>>
>>772594
Right on cue, the brainwashed defend their brainwashing because “layers” are spreading “propaganda”!
Your right though anon, only you and dear leader have access to the true truth!
>>
>>772612
>Being this ass blasted that Trump and the Republican party are Vanilla ISIS.
>>
>>764151
Yes. Censoring a terrorist who entices riots and further erodes democracy every other day is goodm
>>
>>772612
Facebook doesn't write much in the way of its own propaganda, it just disseminates that of others, with a filter to reduce liability and retain customers, which may be somewhat rose tinted by what is in the best interests of its owners.

Both Twitter and Facebook censor all sorts of stuff out of enlightened self-interest for their business model. That's what every business is free to do for themselves - it is indeed, what people are free to do for themselves, day to day.

No one is allowed to tell you that you have to cover your house with the words of the blue donkeys or red elephants or some foreign power. Personally, I'd like to keep it that way, even if some companies, and indeed people, are being a bit irresponsible, by playing right into a dangerous narrative with some sad and distant truth behind it, while exercising their rights to self-determination and self-judgment.
>>
>>773326
...and self-preservation. They have the right to self-defense too.

An end to 230 would be the end to all social media, including 4chan, and while the vengeful Caligula's calmer subordinates tried to translate that effort into something more reasonable, Trump made it clear what he actually wants: an end to the Internet that made fun of him.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.