[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1603160304709.jpg (166 KB, 620x400)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Great news guys. Just as I'd thought several months ago, the pandemic is going to wind itself down with the current presidency, and wiggle it's unwelcome arse out the door. Huzzah lads and lady's, huzzah indeed!

>Even as science began to unravel many of the virus’s mysteries—how it spreads, how it tricks its way into cells, how it kills—a fundamental unknown about vaccines hung over the pandemic and our collective human fate: Vaccines can stop many, but not all, viruses. Could they stop this one?
>The answer, we now know, is yes. Unless the data take an unexpected turn, initial doses of vacine should be available in December.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/11/vaccines-end-covid-19-pandemic-sight/617141/

Truly this is a most blessed day, as coronavirus will wrap up nearly 1 year to the day that it became known to the world, and although none of us have seen people flopping about on sidewalks convulsing unto death (remember the 'leaked' videos from China last December?) we can all rest easier. The global order hath been saved!
>>
>>732748
wow what a coincidence that this is just now being found in mid-november
>>
>>732751
It'll be April before the general public can even get either vaccine, and I think we all know the assholes that can't be bothered to wear masks won't get the vaccine.
In red states at least, this shit's going to go on for years and years.
>>
>>732748
>Truly this is a most blessed day, as coronavirus will wrap up nearly 1 year to the day that it became known to the world
lo no it won't. even if the vaccine is effective against some strains, the thing is constantly mutating. People will still be wearing masks in 2022.
>>
>>732752
be sure to get your untested vaccine as soon as possible
>>
>>732752
>vaccinations
I ain't lettin no gubberment inject the gay into me.
>>
>>732752
Fun fact: the virus has a higher survival rate than the vaccine.
>>
>>732748
in your dreams mate. Look up the great reset. Vaccines mandatory or a deadlier strain drop. Biden and Harris will force you to wear masks in your houses. Blackface truduea and noob saibot openly admit to bringing a new world order.
You'll own nothing and you'll be happy, you fucking swine, rent and consuuuuuuume
>>
>>732786
They would say wear a mask in your house. How would they enforce that? I don't know if they have the technological infrastructure for that.
>>
>>732786
>he believed in /pol/ memes
LOL
>>
test
>>
>>732780
>everyone keeps cherry picking stats from the least threatening strain
>dies from the fatal strain typing, "the flu is wor-"
>>
>>732786
>Biden and Harris will force you to wear masks in your houses.
I'm just here to laugh at you lol
>>
>>732751
Wait I thought it was a hoax?
>>
>>732837
It's a hoax, but it's also a Chinese bioweapon meant to bring about America's downfall.
>>
>>732819
>admits there’s different strains of virus
>retardedly overlooks what this means for a working vaccine
Typical mentally deficient leftypol
>>
>>732748
I wonder if the racial discrimination in vaccine availability will cause any previously racially tolerant people any bitterness towards people of color
>>
>>732752
>In red states at least, this shit's going to go on for years and years.
Will it really matter if someone individually gets the vaccine? If a bunch of retards want to still believe it's a hoax and coof to death while everyone else is fine I don't see the issue, sounds like natural selection to me.
>>
>>733268
>Will it really matter if someone individually gets the vaccine?
What's with some people not seeing the big picture?
The problem is millions of individuals will refuse the vaccine, and it will become endemic in the midwest.
>>
>>732748
We have the flu shot and tamaflu, but 20k people still die a year to the flu. The flu also dries up in the spring. Covid doesn't go away with the heat and is even more contagious than the standard flu. It also mutates faster than the standard flu.

This shit isn't going anywhere, ever. We had a chance to keep it from being somthing we have to live with for the rest of our lives but we had to open up everything because god forbid you miss your weekly margarita binge at applebees.
>>
>>733319
COVID mutates at half the rate of influenza and may actually not become endemic for that reason alone. This is a purely us getting lucky rather than anyone doing anything remotely sane about the virus.

>A typical SARS-CoV-2 virus accumulates only two single-letter mutations per month in its genome — a rate of change about half that of influenza and one-quarter that of HIV, says Emma Hodcroft, a molecular epidemiologist at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
>>
733320# we didn’t open up lockdown because that. We opened so people would stop killing themselves and for small businesses to not go fucking bankrupt.

It pisses me off when retards like you misinterpret why people hate the lockdowns.
>>
>>733684
somehow china managed to lockdown and have their economy not fall to shambles.

its almost like in order for a lockdown to be successful, you have to 100% it, and not do the shitty 30% lockdown that the usa did

oh well, im sure there was nothin the us couldve done
>>
>>732752
>this shit's going to go on for years and years

Yes, five more people all over age 75 died in my State just last month! This horror must be stopped. QUARANTINE the healthy, DESTROY small business, EXPAND Government control.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>733684
>We opened so people would stop killing themselves
[citation needed]
Show me some stats.
Suicide has always been a big American problem, not hearing anything about more suicides in 2020.
>>
>>733712
get fucked rand.
>>
>>732771
too late
>>
>>732851
Well, it took the orange dingleberry out. So, totally worth the collateral damage. America is going to be just fine, though. A few adjustments incoming. We learned a lot from this year, the shit-for-brains asshole who gave us this clusterfuck, and his enablers.
>>
>>733287
>millions of individuals will refuse the vaccine, and it will become endemic in the midwest
For a short time. But the herd will thin and the survivors will breed immunity. Should only take five or six generations for them to recover their fundamental pool of stupid.
>>
>>732748
Oof more fake news.
>>
>>733320
>COVID mutates at half the rate of influenza
And it's also 20 to 50 times more contagious and otherwise aggressive. There are over 70 unique strains wild in the world after 12 months from it's first appearance. I haven't even seen recent estimates within the last two months so, since the total world infections have more than doubled in that time, it would be reasonable to expect there may be 200 or more strains today. The flu generates about 15 to 20 new strains per year.

Fucking weasels have developed their own super strain of it. Check out the infection rate of the mink farms in Denmark. Fucking 13 million infected mink in Denmark gave their version of COVID to Jews in Israel at least a month ago.

Also, I plain don't believe it mutates at half the rate as flu. I've not seen that reported anywhere and I've been following this closely since January. I have seen very alarmed statements at how rapidly it is mutating; there were something like 30 unique strains back in Feb/Mar. That's how they figured out the West coast of the U.S got infected from Asia and New York and Germany were infected from Italy.
>>
>>733712
2,200 people died in the United States in the 24 hour period ending at the beginning of 20 November. Almost 15,000 people died in the previous week. Your lies and made-up anecdotes have no meaning against reality-based statistics. As I type this, about one person dies every minute in the U.S. Two people died in the time it took me to compose & type this post. Over 200,000 people in the U.S. will be infected at the end of today who weren't infected yesterday. About 1% of them will die, another 15%-20% will suffer lifelong complications from permanent damage, their lives will be shorter and they will be less productive, they will require expensive medical care for the rest of their lives, at least 50 years in most cases.

tl;dr - go fuck yourself to death you mental fucking psychopath
>>
hah fuck u rand
>>
>>733743
I don't understand why people are upset about having 9/11 happen every 36 hours
>>
>>733752
Give it about a week and it will be every 20 hours. A couple weeks after Thanksgiving and it will be about every ten hours. When there are 200,000 infections a day, 1% of those people will die.

Just. Holy fuck.

And we're well over 200,000 new infections a day, like 220K, and looking at 300K and over next week going into Thanksgiving. How fucking many people are going to get infected over Thanksgiving? 1,000,000? 2,000,000? In three days? Ten days after Thanksgiving we could be seeing 8,000-10,000 per day (or more) for a week straight.

We're looking at 350,000 or maybe even 400,000 dead by the end of January. It's fucking insane.
>>
>the entire world crippled itself to affect a narrative instead of just sending one fucking sniper
wow you're so smart and special and in the know, if only the sheeple would wake up
>>
>>733776
This is one of my favorite parts of their fan-fic. That it was all orchestrated to remove Trump despite countless deaths around the globe, how novel
>>
Uhm. No, not exactly. Even after wide scale vaccines are available, many will refuse to take it for a variety of made-up BS reasons. Even if they did, this has already mutated and will continue to do so. That is biology, not politics.
>>
>>733788
Myself and a large group of people I know will be refusing the vaccine. I will ensure that this virus lives on. Kiss grandma goodbye.
>>
>>733776
>>733785
The Donald is rilly rilly just that incredibly amazingly rilly rily important and amazing. The only thing that could take the God Emperor down was the entire rest of the world.

And he still won and is about to begin his second term for the rest of forever. There will be infinty libturd tears for the rest of time.
>>
>>734188
Oh don't worry, eventually you'll all by stuck in the hospital struggling to breathe while the rest of us get back to our lives.
>>
>>734207
I've already had it, went to the ER, felt fine after a few weeks.
>>
>>733736
well gee if it only takes 5 or 6 generations to become immune to a disease, i guess the christians were right all along and the earth is only 300 years old
>>
>>733758
eh more people die to the flu. its a nothingburger disease propped up by the left
>>
>>734254
Source?
>>
>>732748
Yes a vaccine! Let's ignore the fact that for over more than two decades there was absolutely no way to implement a vaccine for MERS and SARS, but I guess they weren't really trying hard enough. Surely Covid which mutates faster than both of them can't pose that much of a challenge for a vaccination in which all theoretical implementations failed to work. More importantly let's just say we have a 'vaccine' let the markets reflect that, cash out from pharma demand and herd the public into receiving immuno-suppressant hormone regulation. Worry about the consequences later, and chalk it down to 'unforeseen mutations', rinse and repeat
>>
>>734257
Shush. It'll be about as effective as the flu vaccine (ie. not very), but it'll provide the psychological boost the nation needs to get back to business, and if it doesn't do so soon, the economic devastation is going to be far worse than 200K or so deaths form the virus we're probably going to be seeing every year, for decades.

Not that we're going to go back to normal anytime soon. Social distancing, those little red spacing marks in the lines, and being paranoid as fuck about seeing our parents or grandparents is probably going to be a thing for a long while yet. But we can't really flatten the curve anymore than we have, as Americans are just too antsy.

So say it with me now, "Yay! A cure!", and just keep pretending you're smiling under that mask.
>>
>>734256
His shart smeared backside.
>>
>>734254
LOL.
Flu numbers are at a record low this year due to covid measures BTW.
>>
>>734254
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
>CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season. This burden was similar to estimated burden during the 2012–2013 influenza season

How does it feel to be outed as a liar?
>>
>>732766
>be sure to get your untested vaccine as soon as possible
95% effective....mor 4 me
>>
>>734343
fake news if it aint on the news I read
>>
>>734285
Wow, how dark and ugly it must be inside your head.
I'm sorry you went through whatever you did to turn you into such a villain/victim.
>>
>>732751
Not really, takes about a year to develop a vaccine, takes about 6 months to get it to the public at large after that.
>>
>>734285
Seriously, people who bitch about wearing masks and social distancing are sociopathing babies.

"Oh no, its unpleasant!"
Fuck you, i have breathing issues and have zero issues wearing a mask; its not that bad. And giving people personal space is an inconvenience? That's fucking COMMON COURTESY you inbred retard.

Seriously, the measures to fight covid aren't hard, the fact that the right goes apeshit about it is telling.
>>
>>734352
I just like playing the role. Half my old D&D chars were LE. Granted, so are a lot of my richer relatives, so there maybe a genetic component.

>>734364
Agreed. But this is America, not China, so we can only enforce so much, before, well, we become China. They are scared, and not without good reason, and this is how scared Americans react - by rebelling against their teacher's and doctor's advice. Cultural issue resulting from a broken public education system with an ass backwards approach that's not likely to be resolved anytime soon.

At the same time, America's rebellious nature is not something you want to do away with entirely. Hyper Individualism is a large part of what makes America, America - so, catch-22.
>>
>>734366
>Cultural issue resulting from a broken public education system with an ass backwards approach that's not likely to be resolved anytime soon.
A factor. but probably more the result of the disease being politicized.

But I'm sure if Trump had played up the disease, instead of playing it down, and took that opportunity to isolate all the brown folks (who are more heavily infected) to their ghettos and lock down immigration completely - some Democrats would be running about saying the virus was a hoax for him to garner power.

...and I'm kinda surprised that isn't the way things went. But Trump doesn't actually believe much of what he preaches, rather just says whatever he thinks will generate the most loyalty. He thought this was going to blow over, took a gamble, and lost.
>>
>>734376
Democrats tend to listen to science. Stop projecting conservative ideation onto the other side.
>>
>>734377
I'll give you that the tend to lean that way, so there maybe there'd be less of them, but at the same time, it wouldn't be too hard for some talking heads, more concerned with their party's power and/or opposing the other party, than the wellbeing of the nation (and there's enough of them), to find some scientists to back their version, and/or point to all the right wing money behind the scientists warning of the virus to discredit them.

Loyalty and fear makes people do stupid stuff, and the Democrats are not immune to that, for they too, are only human.
>>
>>732748
HERE COMES THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
Chumpers get your bunkers prepped!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
the plan is working perfectly *maniacal laughter* now all the frightened sheep will flock to become chipped XDXDXDXDXDXD
>>
>>734388
Got a smartphone?

Is most of your money in the bank in electronic form?

Congrats, you chipped yourself. No need for us to waste billions doing it. We always know where you are, and we can freeze your assets at any time.
>>
>>734389
No to both nigger
>>
>>734390
Then either you are on the run already, thus avoiding every major city, with its plethora of face recognition devices, or more likely, you are such a poorfag, you probably aren't enough of a potential threat to be worth observing.

Though as long as you're within 30' of a LSNR network phone, we'll keep listening.
>>
>>734391
I shouldn't be spreading paranoia like this - TBH, the total information awareness system this would require doesn't really exist yet, pretty much gotta be a terrorist suspect for them to take such measures, and even if all internet traffic is getting dumped to a server farm in Texas, most people's information is protected by information overload. Even contact tracing is more Q&A in the states than technology, even if the CDC may do some mass movement studies now and again.

That's true, at least until we get an expert system of a quasi-AI that can actually correlate all that data in a useful fashion. So if Monika gets any smarter, just remember: Just Monika.
>>
>>732748
The vaccine is going to kill Covid-19 forever... Unless fucking antivaxxers morons don't take it and keep infected themselves and everyone.
>>
>>734418
The vaccine isn't going to be rolled out quickly enough for that. There will be like a billion doses through the whole of next year. Two doses are needed, so across the whole planet 500 million can be vaccinated. Immunity may only last 3-6 months. By the time we have the required 6/7 people vaccinated for the virus to extinct itself, it will have spun off a mutation which is unaffected by the current vaccines. You can't effectively immunize against coronaviruses with current technology.
>>
Jone Grip - info creeping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrzkkbxFeQ

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.