[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

States that voted Democrat in 2016 generally rely less on federal funding than Republican states, according to a study by WalletHub.

The analysis looked at the return on taxes paid to the federal government, the share of federal jobs, and federal funding as a share of state revenue.

Thirteen out of the top 15 states found to be most dependent on the federal government voted for President Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. Ten out of the 15 least dependent states voted for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

‘No ranking like this is ever going to be perfect’

“Obviously, no ranking like this is ever going to be perfect,” Stan Veuger, an economist at the American Enterprise Institute, told Yahoo Finance. “Some things you can definitely say, like where the states that have the highest per capita income or pay the most in taxes.”

But “it’s not really true across the board,” Veuger said. “Virginia is a blue state and obviously has a lot of federal contractors and a lot of federal money … It obviously relies heavily on what the federal government does.”

According to WalletHub’s analysis, Virginia receives the second-highest amount of federal contracts while ranking federal funding as a share of state revenue. And given that WalletHub weighted federal funding four times more than share of federal jobs, Virginia is one of the least-dependent states on the federal government.

‘Poor states receive more federal funding through Medicaid’

WalletHub analyst Jill Gonzalez explained that “federal funding as a percentage of state revenue was calculated as states’ intergovernmental revenue from the federal government divided by the states’ general revenue..”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/states-dependent-federal-government-180735773.html
>>
Intergovernmental revenue includes funding for Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), child welfare services, and other low-income assistance programs. For TANF, Kentucky (3rd overall), Alaska (7th overall), and Delaware use the most federal dollars.

“Because the federal income tax is progressive,” Veuger said, “I think you can also generally say that poor states receive more federal funding through Medicaid, which is a huge part of states’ budgets.”

In the 2017 fiscal year, Montana, the eighth-most dependent state overall in WalletHub’s analysis, received the highest amount of federal dollars for Medicaid at 80%. It was followed closely by West Virginia (4th overall), Arkansas, Kentucky (3rd overall), New Mexico (1st overall), and Arizona (6th overall).

In terms of gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, Massachusetts ranked first, followed by New York, Alaska, North Dakota, and Wyoming. On the other end of the spectrum, Mississippi is the lowest, followed by Arkansas, West Virginia, Idaho, and Alabama.

Veuger noted that “all the poor states are red. Mississippi and Louisiana get a lot of Medicaid money.”
>>
>Mississippi and Louisiana get a lot of Medicaid money
Could it be because of a certain
Obese demographic/racial minority that inhabits that region?
http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.html
Blacks need their gibs, regardless of what state they live in.
>>
>>385979

Not everyone in the American working class is a bum. There are bums that fall though the cracks of the system and are allowed to benefit, white and black. Many of them are rich people who go bankrupt and leave taxpayers on the hook for tens of millions while they continue to live lavish lives. But the large majority of us aren't bums.

And bums aren't bums because they have state health insurance. Nobody stops working because their health is insured.

And bad habits can be mitigated with education, incentivising physical activity, and taxing junk food.
>>
This is common knowledge though?
The former Confederate states have the highest amount of poverty in all of America

But MAGA! BUILD THAT WALL!
>>
>>385973
Is this the ranking where we ignore the demographics of the voters as if the state is 100% red or blue, we pretend agricultural subsidies are the same as gibs for having 5 kids from 3 different dads, or the one where we say that each state exists in a vacuum and there are no trends or events explaining it beyond "dumb hypocritical drumpf voters"?
>>
>>385983
As if any politician would actively push to remove the national bread and circuses. So long as they rely on their constituents happiness to get reelected, this will never happen. Instead we will just get a near constant stream of "It's everyone else's fault that your life is shit, you are perfect just the way you are."
>>
>>385984
>The former Confederate states have the highest amount of poverty in all of America
They also have the the highest concentration of blacks. What are you trying to say?
>>
>>385999
That Conservative policies are a failure and Republicans should be voted out of office.
>>
Might as well post a map of black population concentration, it'd be the same.
>>
>>386004
If you think this maps perfectly to race demographics you're deluding yourself.
>>
>>386003
>That Conservative policies are a failure and Republicans should be voted out of office.
He says while dodging shit and hypodermic needles on the streets of San Francisco.
>>
>>385973
Does somebody have this chart where the picture doesnt go from dark green to light green. Perhaps something in more distinct coloring?
>>
>>386007
It matches up pretty closely. Anyone who makes fun of the south is racist to blacks
>>
>>386022
This honestly. What a shitty representation of the data, almost like the intent is to obfuscate the results
>>
>>385973
>WalletHub
Ahh yes, the long-standing, celebrated economic think tank known as WalletHub. I'm sure their motive isn't at all to put out something sensational in order to drive marketing.
(Ad hominem? Yup. But there's only so many times I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.)
>>
>>386026
>almost like the intent is to obfuscate the results
Oh come on. The article isn't commenting on the stupid map. The study data stands alone.
>>
>>386019
I wouldn't mind living in SF, if I had the money. Conservative pundits and politicians seem to think the place is hell on Earth. While continuing to live in blue states. Mostly because they don't want their base/audience to know that liberal policies have tended to produce places that people want to live in and invest in, that more than carry their own water as well as some of others.

Liberal states have laid the groundwork for social and technological progress, because we invest a lot into taking policy risks with new programs and regulation. And conservative pundits sit on the sidelines jeering, but in the long run they become supporters of the policies we engineer. Then they act like they were always open to medicare, social security, gay marriage, always against the Iraq war, etc etc.
>>
>>386041
California was a red state until the mid 1980s. It has objectively gone down hill from there. They brag about being the 7th largest economy in the world. I like to remind the that they were once the 5th.
But yeah, go ahead and move to the state where It's only a misdemeanor to intentionally infect you with HIV.
>>
>>386036
It would stand better of they did a more traditional shift from green to red with a yellow intermediary. As it stands, this is a low resolution way to represent the data and makes it difficult to discriminate what is going on outside the extremes
>>
>>385996
As a liberal I think there's too much focus on this artificial concept of fairness when it comes to designing policy. In a certain scope, fairness is an important consideration in economic interactions, because we want to incentivise bringing labor and talent to where there is social demand, so we should generally reward that behavior, so that there's more wealth to go around. Fairness in the context of this worldview isn't the end within itself, but a means to an end which is a society that's more prosperous overall.

On a grander scale, very little of the conditions we find ourselves in, relative to others, is deserved in any capacity. And even if our highest priority is fairness, for the vast majority of history, distribution of property happened in a totally random fashion with respect to any sort of higher social good. It's hard to see how imposing totally unfettered markets on the randomness would suddenly produce fair outcomes.

Redistribution of wealth is important because the less money one has, the more valuable each dollar is in enabling one to prosper and perform to full potential. Even a 50% tax on 100 million dollars in wealth would produce marginal, if any, loss of quality of life for the individual being taxed or their immediate family. But when redistributed that wealth can vastly improve life outcomes and productivity of many more people living in poverty.

The important policy question shouldn't be whether it's better to have redistributive policies, but ultimately that we identify an optimal balance in incentivising the production of wealth while distributing it in a manner that produces the greatest beneficial impact in the long-term.
>>
>>385999
And an even higher concentration of American """"""whites"""""""
Why do Ameeican people blame all their problems on black people? it's like they have no free will or personal responsibility
>>
>>385996
>"It's everyone else's fault that your life is shit, you are perfect just the way you are."
>If I make an outrageous claim surely someone will believe me
>>
>>386062
If you can find a politician who actively argues that their constituents poor life decisions are the cause of their misery, then please post it.
>>
>>386061
Blacks use a disproportionate share of social welfare programs in the United states, regardless of whatever state they reside in. It is perfectly reasonable to bring up the dense concentration of blacks in the southern states while talking about the welfare consumption in those states.
>>
>>386089
Proportions matter you dumb fuck.
>>
>>385973
>>385974
So why is New York failing to maintain equilibrium in the face of this?

https://www.ibtimes.com/new-york-city-faces-bankruptcy-first-time-40-years-2773711
Really makes you think, doesn't it? Almost as if them being bigger has something to do with it and it's not a matter of who is making more or less for the 'rest of us' (Because that's totally how taxes fucking work. I doubt any of you have been in a business class in your lives).
>>
>>386111
Also tl;dr for the idiots who haven't made the connection yet: State taxes and federal taxes are completely disconnected from one another. A larger state with contribute more on sheer size alone than a smaller state.
So when I see threads like this full of brainlets going "Wow, Liberals are so smart and so good at spending, look at this state they control that contributes so much to-" That's how I know most of you are retards. Bar-none retards. This is why New York, despite being super fucking huge, can barely keep its head above water.

You can save your stuttering and "Uh, duh uhh, BLOOP THO" posting for another thread, one that is based in opinions and not reality. Thanks.
>>
>>386109
And black are proportionately over represented in the south you silly goose.
>>
>>386121
What, really? Southern congressional delegations are white as chalk.
>>
>>386113
>A larger state with contribute more on sheer size alone than a smaller state.
And they'll also take more, retard. What matters is how much goes in and out per capita.
>>
>>386125
http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.html
This has already been posted. It doesn't break it down by district. But this thread is about congressional districts. I don't really know where you got that idea, because the title of the thread indicates States.
>>
>>386125
Gerrymandering. If it wasn't for that every rep and senator from Mississippi would be black and it would go blue every election.
>>
>>386146
>gerrymandering
>senator
does literally no conscious activity take place between your ears
>>
>>386146
Gerrymandering. If it wasn't for that every rep and senator from Mississippi
Senate gerrymandering: something that took place at the founding of the state.
>>
>>386146
>>386147
>He doesn't know Conservatives want to repeal the Seventeenth Amendment which would allow gerrymandering to affect who goes to the senate.
>>
>>386147
This is a lefty/pol/ hugbox to a bunch of resident discord trannies who are trying to "create a 4chan counter culture in order to smash the alt-right", what do you expect
>>
>>386172
Places where you can't spam Russian Discord infographs tend to lean more to the left than literal, unironic Nazis. It's shocking, I know.
>>
>>386186
>Russian Discord infographs
Hahaha, epic bro, you took my discord tranny joke and made it about your "russia made all the memes in 2016" conspiracy theory, *le'upvote*
>>
>>386172
>/pol/ppets victimhood: the post
>>
>>386170
What the conservatives may do in the future is irrelevant to the fact that you've said that gerrymandering is literally today the reason that Mississippi does not elect black senators.
>>
>>386194
>HIT DOG
>>
>>386111
>So why is New York failing to maintain equilibrium in the face of this?
It says it in the article-
The recent tax package passed makes it harder for blue states to take state taxes in. They're getting fucked by red-state policies taking over federal policy by making it harder for places like NY to take taxes to spend on their own citizens.

It also doesn't help for NYC that it was conservative for most of the early aughts. It's course correction from fuckfaces like guliani deciding to not pay for shit in the moment and put it off for later times. Liberals aren't fortune tellers or amazing economists, they just know you need to pay for shit sometimes.
>>
>>386202
>making it harder for places like NY to take taxes to spend on their own citizens.
>It also doesn't help for NYC that it was conservative for most of the early aughts.
Somebody doesn't live in New York.

The NY State government is one of the most corrupt legislatures in the entirety of the US. Our roads are shit, counties are having trouble funding EMS services, yet we have the highest tax burden in the country. And in addition to our legislature just having passed a bill giving themselves raises that make them the highest paid legislature in the country, our Governor bitched about Trump's tax cuts giving the state a deficit in the exact same ideologically partisan bullshit manner you have in your post, right before sneaking a raise for himself into a "special" midnight session when the budget was being passed.

The NY state population is dwindling because most NY politicians bow to NYC to the point that state-level political representation effectively doesn't exist north of Westchester, which has finally alienated enough non-NYC New Yorkers enough to make them want to live anywhere else- especially since most of them simply can't afford to live in the state.
>>
>>386211
Not to mention even the people in NYC can't afford to live in NYC
>>
>>386084
I like how you think saying there are factors that we can affect that led to you making poor decisions translates into you did nothing wrong

Bravo brainlet
>>
>>386202
>The recent tax package passed makes it harder for blue states to take state taxes
By taking away tax breaks for living in high tax states. If you live in a blue state and you think your taxes are burdensome, have your elected officials lower them.
>>
>>386214
Please show me a politician who actively campaigns on removing the bread and circuses of the masses.
>>
>>385985
>we pretend agricultural subsidies are the same as gibs for having 5 kids from 3 different dads
What is the difference, besides the former being much easier for rich people who don't actually need them to abuse?
>>
>>386019
Shut up faggot that's not how anything works
>>
>>386032
Instead of giving a rebuttal you just say "biased"? gay.
>>
>>386225
>What is the difference, besides the former being much easier for rich people who don't actually need them to abuse?
If you want to tighten up subsidies, go right on ahead. But it can only be deliberately misleading to call agriculture states dependent on federal funds. The subsidies exist to keep food cheap for the consumer. Cash crop Farmers who operate on the free market can control their prices and make far more money. Back in the dustbowl days, it was needed because Farmers didn't have enough assets to buy crop insurance. Things are entirely different today. The only people who would be hurt are the lower income households who spend a Greater share of their budget on groceries
>>
>>386228
>Instead of giving a rebuttal you just say "biased"? gay.
No, I don't say biased. I say intentionally sensational. Bias would have a political purpose. This is marketing designed to draw attention to WalletHub. It's click bait. And you fell for it. Poor sod.
>>
>>386036
>study data
Bwahahaha. They compared two tables of fifty lines.
>>
>>386227
You just called me a faggot..... while defending San Francisco....
>clown world.
>>
"blue" states have lots of republicans too. But they're spread out while the democrat leeches are concentrated in the cities.
>>
>>386190
Not just 2016. They're still going hard. All your memes are produced in Russian Discord farms. You are literally force-fed the propaganda you think you generate. You're being effortlessly Jewed and it's not even by Jews. It's actually, legitimately hilarious.
>>
>>386273
I know you're full of shit because I made plenty of memes myself and I'm not Russian, but feel free to keep living in your Protocols of the Inebriated Gopniks of Siberia fantasy world. It's honestly closer to reality than the one where you'll ever pass as a woman.
>>
>>386278
Haha, well-memed comrade, you ticked off all your required shilling points for today. Come on home and have some beets and your TEN (10) minutes of state-sanctioned masturbation time.
>>
>>386278
>Protocols of the Inebriated Gopniks of Siberia
kek nice one anon
>>
>>386278
>Protocols of the Inebriated Gopniks of Siberia
I heartily kekked
>>
>>386267
You faggots keep trying to make this an issue of liberals calling conservatives lazy, because you (the ones making the arguement) are too stupid to appreciate a society that isn't a 0 sum game.

The natural conclusion that follows from this data isn't that liberals/conservatives are more lazy. It's in regards to how government policy tends to influence wealth creation and overall economic prosperity. States with liberal policy tend to do better in attracting business investment, particularly high tech industries. Because we readily invest in our infrastructure, education, and people, which tends to lead to better social outcomes and places that people want to move to.
>>
>>385999
Guess they’re trying to replicate Ol Dixie?
>>
>>386043
Yeah a place where it's nothing more than a misdemeanor to knowingly give somebody HIV sounds like a great place to live
>>
>>385973
Surprised to see Texas and California there
Theyh are the two largest economies behind new York
>>
>>387083
Everywhere the black and hispanic parasites live, welfare follows.
>>
>>387096
But New York has a high black and hispanic population as well.
Also you're in no position to call others parasites either.
>>
>>387096
So you concede that the minority population is under-represented? Because those states have legislatures whiter than bleached flour.
>>
>>387844
Whites are the greatest beneficiaries of welfare
>>
>>386273
>Not just 2016. They're still going hard. All your memes are produced in Russian Discord farms.
Imagine being someone who actually believes this.
>>
>>386056
>Tax the rich

It doesn't work. They will just go somewhere else, find some way to hide the money, pay off the politicians - one way or another, the rich will find a way to skirt the rules like they always have.

How is this hard to understand, they are literally doing it right now in plain sight.
>>
>>387844
>great white race
>can’t even run their states fiscally and deal with “dumb minorities” while claiming how much smarter they are.
> so great that it can’t take any responsibility
>>
>>386273
>All your memes are produced in Russian Discord farms.
>You are literally force-fed propaganda
really makes you think
>>
>>387861
>talking about taking responsibility
>has no dad
>fbi.gov/crime statistics

Oy vey it’s almost like having black ppl in the country is the cancer!
>>
>>387850
There are more blacks on welfare than whites. Whites "benefit" from government assistance better than anyone else simply because they are smart enough to understand what those benefits are and how to use them. Benefit in this sense meaning how likely they are to pull themselves out of poverty. That study was done by a left leaning think tank and even then they couldn't understand why blacks couldn't bring themselves out of poverty given the amount of assistance they were provided. The fact is that regardless of the assistance you provide poor blacks they wont use it to pursue a middle class lifestyle because then they wouldn't receive their free money.
>>
"Most dependent" is an extremely bad metric. If a state does a lot of business with the federal government, that state's "most dependent" score will go up, but in reality the business arrangement may be mutually beneficial or to the federal government's benefit.
>>
>>386273
>All your memes are produced in Russian Discord farms. You are literally force-fed the propaganda you think you generate
I didnt know i was russian for being part of a discord server planning operation honk for tomorrow
>>
>>387871
>There are more blacks on welfare than whites.
https://i.imgur.com/s6kXLuu.jpg
What is it like being so smooth-brained that you think there aren't actual statistics available to debunk you?
>>
>>387900
In proportion to their respective population size white is lower.
Also imgur is horrible source
>>
>>387900
76 percent of 317 million people = white.
13.4 percent of 317 million people = black.

240 million people = white.
99 million people = black.

42 percent of 47.9m people = 20 million people
20 percent of 47.9m people = 9.5 million people

20 million people = 8.3 percent of 240 million.
9.5 million people = 9.3 percent of 99 million.

Say it with me: Per Capita.
>>
>>387903
These liberal retards don't understand very much.
I doubt the words per capita means anything to him
And I'm sure the math was far over his head
>>
>>387903
>>387901
Stop moving the goal posts. (You) said there were more blacks than whites on welfare and and that demonstrably false. Now you want to make it about proportion to shift the issue.
>Also imgur is horrible source
I see you can't even read, so you don't even know how to look for sources which are in the picture.
https://www.kff.org/disparities-policy/issue-brief/health-coverage-by-race-and-ethnicity-the-potential-impact-of-the-affordable-care-act/
https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Census_2010_SNAP_Data.pdf
https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/Characteristics2013.pdf
>>387906
>liberal
lol no just not a retard like you /pol/cucks
>>
>>387877
There are different sorts of dependence, and red states do host lots of military bases and prisons &c.
But on the whole we're talking taxes paid to the federal government vs money states get from the federal government.

>>387903
>>387900
Liberals don't read into these results that more white people are benefiting from government so should support it more, or that conservatives are lazy; the point is that states with liberal policies, that actively invest in public infrastructure and transportation, green energy, a path to universal healthcare, public education, still feature relatively strong economies, and you don't need to consign the poor and backward to poverty in order to protect positive outcomes for the rest of us. On the contrary, investing in social programs often produce better social outcomes and enable more people return to productivity when they're down.

>>387903
Yes, different demographics have different histories and different attributes and attitudes and live in different places. Thus tend to experience different outcomes in aggregate.

But black people still live here, they're not going anywhere. Even if all of them lived in abject poverty they're not going anywhere. Poverty generally does the opposite of making a community disappear in terms of share of population.

So you can throw a perpetual tantrum for the rest of our history, that not everyone will be on our level and just obstruct all positive social developments, or we can try and improve the more backward and impoverished portions of our population, maybe folks on the right can come up with a unique perspective on how to accomplish that instead of enacting policies thinly veiled just to hurt blacks a little more than whites get hurt.
>>
>>386195
>What the conservatives may do in the future
Liberty Amendments.
It's not a may, it's a when for them.
>>
>>387906
I'm the liberal who provided those stats and think most black americans need purged.

There needs to be an alt center for liberals who dislike minorities bitching all the time and wanting free gibs without ever working.

Same applies to fat welfare whites. When you get a job, you get supplemented benefits, until then you get garbage bennys.
>>
>>387923
It sounds like you're just describing Howard Schultz, socially liberal but fiscally conservative.
>>
>>387924
Liberal nationalism used to be a thing back in the day too. It's possible to oppose immigration from a socially and economically liberal perspective. Some liberal organizations like Sierra Club still do.
>>
>>387924
I think we should spend money on healthcare and stuff, but I think jobless peoples without reason should have limited access.
>>
>>387923
I apologise for my off handed rude comment directed towards you
I really should have put Progressive instead of liberal
>>
>>387924
That's how I am and I voted for Trump
>>
>>387931
Has being retarded affected your life in other ways?
>>
>>386267
Which is why the conservative countryside has to subsidize the liberal cities, oh wait, it's the other way around.
>>
>>387852
This is the same "logic" for anarchy.
>>
>>387916
>But on the whole we're talking taxes paid to the federal government vs money states get from the federal government.
You can get money from the federal government without that money being handouts, that is my point. Maybe the red states are receiving more state welfare, but "most dependent" is a retarded metric for determining that.
>>
>>387903
>literally 1 percent difference
>muh per capita, muh disproportionate, muh white supremacy
>>
>>387900
This shows that blacks despite being only 13% of the population make up 25% of SNAP participants. I don't know if you understand maths?
>>
>>388064
It also shows there's more white people on the welfare dole than blacks. You know how to count, right?
>>
>>388066
Are you, perhaps, retarded?
>>
>>388066
No one's disputing that. People are pointing out to you that comparison of raw numbers doesn't paint an accurate picture of racial dependence on government benefits, because races in the US are not equally represented in the demographic. Your response to that point, which is to repeat your original point without any modification or rebuttal, is honestly baffling.
>>
>>388060
>7 billion people on Earth
>It's literally a 0% difference
>Muh bad math skills
When you compare 8 to 9 it's actually about 12.5% greater, not 1%
>>
>>388066
Agreed white people are discriminated against to much in our current society we need affirmative action to make sure they do better in society
>>
>>388072
>doesn't have an argument
>ramble about the world population instead like it has a bearing on US welfare recipients
>muh per capita, you don't understand
I want to say you're being disingenuous but I think your retardation is actually sincere
>>
>>388068
Not him but per capita shows a 1% difference, what arbitrary reasoning do you people use to consider that "wildly disproportionate" in comparison to whites
>>
>>388093
Someone calling you retarded isn't projection its an insult.
>>
>>388095
id have to agree with this post
>>
>>388078
>Not him but per capita shows a 1% difference
I'm not sure what you are even talking about. There is no basis on which to calculate per capita welfare receipt since the infographic gives a headcount of SNAP recipients per racial group, not SNAP amount received per racial group.
>>
>>388078
>Not him but per capita shows a 1% difference
What "per capita" are you talking about?
>>
>>387852
>It doesn't work. They will just go somewhere else, find some way to hide the money, pay off the politicians
The real reason it doesn't work is that the rich don't make as much money as we think they do. The vast majority of a country's tax revenue is going to come from the 99%, not the 1%, even if the 1% is taxed at 100%.
>>
>>388067
Are you, perhaps, a /pol/tard?
>>388068
That is shifting the argument that I had originally responded to. Blacks are on average poorer, that is to say a greater proportion of the black population are in poverty. So since a higher proportion are in poverty, a greater percentage of the black population would qualify for and use welfare services compared to blacks that don't.

In 2017, of the 42.4-45.7 million black people in the US, between 17%-21.2% or 7.8-8.9 million were in poverty. This matches up closely with the amount of black people that use welfare services, with 10.5m using SNAP in 2017. You could map this with whites as well and see: 195,2m total, 8.7% or 16.9m in poverty, 14.9m used SNAP in 2017. What you can conclude is that poor people use social services, which shouldn't be a shocking revelation. (You) are making a mountain out of a molehill and using it to race bait.

https://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-indicator/distribution-of-medicaid-enrollees-by-enrollment-group/
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2018/demo/p60-263.pdf
https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/Characteristics2017.pdf
>>388073
You're trolling, but there are some white communities that do need help and are discriminated against by other whites.
>>
Everyone already knows this is it really news worth?

Next you will tell me how corporate welfare is way more expensive then regular welfare
>>
>>386043
Personally, I unironically believe that the biggest degree of human civilization was reached in pre-2008 social-liberal democracies.
>>
>>388077
I would say the same about you but you really don't seem to understand math.
And I have no objections to the mentally handicapped using the internet so I won't insult you
>>
>>388199
>Blacks are on average poorer, that is to say a greater proportion of the black population are in poverty. So since a higher proportion are in poverty, a greater percentage of the black population would qualify for and use welfare services compared to blacks that don't.
Yeah that's literally the point, which you were trying to dispute.
>>
>>390456
What I was disputing was that there are more blacks on the welfare dole than whites, which was easily done. The attempted goal post shifting means nothing since it's just saying blacks are poorer on average than whites. So we learned that whites use the most welfare even through blacks and hispanics and natives are poorer overall, big suprise.
>>
bump
>>
>>386130
Each congressional district is represented by one member of the House of Representatives.
>>
>>385979
Explain Kentucky, racecuck
>>
>>390459
>goal post shifting
Not him, but you are the one shifting the goalposts and you can't even use the term properly.
The rest of your sentences aren't even cohesive so people can't answer it properly.

Stop beating around the bush here: Blacks and to a lesser degree Hispanics are over represented as criminals, prisoners, the poor and underrepresented in departments; educated, high IQ and the rich.
Therefore states that have Blacks and Hispanics over-represented in their demographics compared to the US average can be expected to be a drain for other states.
It is exactly the same case in Europe with their 3rd worlders (muslims).

>>385973
>all the "most dependent" states are in the south-east
>where the biggest concentration of blacks are
Imagine my shock

Otherwise it is fairly balanced between republicans and democrat states
>>
>>385999
He is implying that he wants to devastate blacks by importing so many illegals that the welfare system collapses through hyperinflation or the government defaulting on its debt.
>>
>>385973
Everyone knew this already.
>>
>>391991
because they are you motherfucker
>>
>>385973
The article should be titled:
>When Democrats Are in Power, Red States Suffer
>>
>>385973
That's funny I thought California and Illinois are bankrupt and had to ask the federal government to bail them out
>>
>>391991
That's exactly what they are????
>>
>>391991
>when white people use it the most it's not welfare
Then there is no welfare in the US, no welfare queens. Thanks for killing the boogeyman.
>>
>>392159
Farm subsidy is not welfare.
The other things are though
>>392192
Way to be retarded
>>
>>392196
The idea of a subsidy may not be directly welfare, but the moment it's used then yes it does become welfare.
>>
>>392196
So wrong
https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/report/how-farm-subsidies-became-americas-largest-corporate-welfare-program
>>
>>392333
Subsidies are definitely farmer welfare.

Watch retardlicans try to parse which types of “free money from the government” are American and which are socialist. Pfft.
>>
>>385979
>Virginia
>North Carolina
>Florida
>Georgia
They have high concentrations of black Americans and those states seem to be doing well, according to OP's map
>>
>>386061
Because poor white Americans were trainned for decades by rich white Americans to blame their problems on blacks. So long as p. whites have someone they can look down on they don't question what the r. whites do. Shit social net? Must be all the blacks/browns suck it up. Quality of life not good? Well least I'm a freeman and not a slave.

Take away this programming, and more people start to question why they're one bad circumstance from living on the streets.
>>
>>392356
>Take away this programming, and more people start to question why they're one bad circumstance from living on the streets.
That is exactly why the elite don't ever want the race divide to die. When you stop blaming your problems on other poor people and find out their lives are just as shit, you come together and realize it's time to break out the guillotines again.
>>
>>385979
In the case of Louisiana, it's the petroleum industry. We have some of the highest cancer rates in the country, and once all other factors are accounted for, petroleum-related pollution is the culprit.

>oil companies extract profits from louisiana
>costs get socialized in the form of cancer and medicaid money to respond to it
>loads of subsidies and tax breaks for oil companies just to make sure we're fucking it up as hard as possible
>"muh jobs," said the Louisiana bootlicker as he dies of cancer
>>
>>392419
Do you think people who live above the (VA/NC)/(VA/TN)/(KY/TN) line have it relatively better than those below that line?
>>
>>392424
Or, for a more side ranging line, the 36th parallel in the US?
>>
>>392698
*wide
>>
Obviously. When the state gov abandons it's own, the Fed gov has to pick up, and how is that funded? Taxes on ethical players and healthy economies. Austerity is religious in origin and it's defenders defend it in the same way. It's a dog whistle surrogate for gassing undesirables.
>>
>>392424
Kentucky and West Virginia don't.
>>
>>396464
I wonder what some of the rankings that put Kentucky near the bottom (i.e. Obesity, health, pollution, etc) would be if you took out eastern KY

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.