[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Crypto payment is now available for self-serve ad campaigns

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: meth-bust.png (367 KB, 640x360)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
1,000 pounds of crystal meth were seized and two conversion laboratories with barrels of meth totalling 5000 pounds were shut down
Many Californians report withdrawals and cravings
https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/central-valley-drug-bust-intercepts-millions-worth-of-methanphetamines-headed-to-sacramento/
SACRAMENTO COUNTY -- What could be upwards of $12 million in methamphetamine headed to Sacramento was seized in Tulare County as part of a nine-month investigation in partnership with agencies across the state, including the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

What was seized: nearly 1,000 pounds of crystal methamphetamine, 14 firearms, and nearly $50,000. There were two methamphetamine conversion laboratories with multiple 55-gallon drums filled with a total of 4,000 pounds of liquid methamphetamine in various stages of conversion.

The narcotics were from Mexico, brought into California to Tulare County, and would then be transported into Sacramento County and the greater Northern California region.

~1,000 pounds of meth. 2 active meth labs. 4K pounds of liquid meth.

"The same things we celebrate and love about this region makes us more vulnerable," said Amar Gandhi, a spokesperson for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office.

Sacramento is centrally located, with Highway 99, Interstate 5 and 80 all through the county. These roads make transporting illegal drugs easier for "creative" cartels that will go to "any lengths" to transport their merchandise, according to Gandhi.

Three suspects were also booked into the Fresno County Jail: Armando Rosales Gonzalez, 35, of Tulare; Rogelio Ceniceros Flores, 37, of Jalisco, Mexico; and Carlos Bobadilla, 39, of Tulare. There are pending federal charges.
>>
>>1170818
>conservative shithole has a meth problem
this isn't news
>>
>>1170818
>Three suspects were also booked into the Fresno County Jail: Armando Rosales Gonzalez, 35, of Tulare; Rogelio Ceniceros Flores, 37, of Jalisco, Mexico; and Carlos Bobadilla, 39, of Tulare. There are pending federal charges
>There are pending federal charges
>There
I guess what they say about California literacy rate is true
>>1170828
Holy fuck anon Sacramento is blue af not to mention California as a whole
Your insane
>>
>>1170818
>California drug addicts outraged. Demand an apology
I feel like making the most dishonest, dogshit OP title on /news/ is an olympic sport at this point.
>>
>>1170834
ESL can't read?
Who cares about Sacramento when the drugs were imported to and seized in Tulare County?
>>
>>1170841
So it doesn't matter that they had historically been imported also to Sacramento and the rest of California, your stopping on Tulare because it's convenient for your argument?
>>
>>1170841
>>1170828
Luckily for the residents of California, the conservative folk in Tulare put a stop to this, something the democrat voters in the rest of the state were obviously not willing to do.
>>
>>1170852
What sort of policies did Democrats in California vote for that reduced the amount of crystal meth being seized in the state? Can you name a few?
>>
>>1170856
https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_47,_Reduced_Penalties_for_Some_Crimes_Initiative_(2014)
>>
>>1170862
This is an initiative about reducing felonies for a handful of crimes to misdemeanors unless the person charged had prior convictions for serious felonies. What does this have to do with crystal meth still being illegal and how much of it the state seizes from manufactures and dealers? The crime of selling or producing drugs is mentioned nowhere in this proposition.
>>
>>1170856
https://calmatters.org/justice/2022/07/california-drug-courts-prop-47/
>>
>>1170864
Your right.
The crime of consuming illegal drugs is in there.
How do you think they find the dealers? Users snitch them out
>>
>>1170866
>The crime of consuming illegal drugs is in there.
So you linked this proposition and it has nothing to do with manufacturing or selling drugs. The claim was that Democrats voted for policies that reduced the amount of meth being seized yet I don't see anything about that anywhere.

>How do you think they find the dealers? Users snitch them out
Do you have any evidence of this? Any stats showing the amount of dealers they arrest through informants or any stats at all which shows that reducing a handful of crimes (most of which have nothing to do with drugs) to misdemeanors instead of felonies has any impact at all on the amount of drug manufacturers being arrested?
>>
>>1170865
>https://calmatters.org/justice/2022/07/california-drug-courts-prop-47/
I don't see anything anywhere in this article that talks about the manufacturing or distribution of illegal drugs. This piece is about the participation rate in drug courts for people charged with simple possession. It has nothing to do with the subject in the OP.
>>
>>1170868
Holy fuck anon your right.
There isn't a single California policy position that allowed the manufacturer and selling of illegal drugs.

All there are is policies that have made it easier for the manufacturing and selling of illegal drugs to continue

Your right. You win
>>
>>1170870
>There isn't a single California policy position that allowed the manufacturer and selling of illegal drugs.
I have no idea if there is or not. Somebody made the claim that Democrats vote for policies that decreases the amount of illegal meth being seized and I just asked which policies. I'm not sure why you're giving me this weird strawman shitpost when I'm perfectly open to being wrong. Just name me one of those policies.

>All there are is policies that have made it easier for the manufacturing and selling of illegal drugs to continue
Like what policy? I'm just asking you a simple question but you can't seem to answer it.

>Your right. You win
How is it you're this triggered by being asked a simple question about your own opinion?
>>
>>1170871
>Somebody made the claim that Democrats vote for policies that decreases the amount of illegal meth being seized and I just asked which policies.
Funny thing is, the person who claimed that was you as part of your question.
The person you replied to said that the "the conservative folk in Tulare put a stop to this, something the democrat voters in the rest of the state were obviously not willing to do" referencing the fact it was a conservative county that made the bust, something that in turn was being referenced by the poster before that.

In short, you fabricated an argument and attempted to argue as if it was another's.
The definition of a strawman.

Bravo, pretty textbook. Thanks for pointing that out
>>
>>1170871
>Somebody made the claim that Democrats vote for policies that decreases the amount of illegal meth being seized
You said that.
Nobody but you said that. And someone else justified it. But it was your claim:
>>1170856
>>
>>1170880
>The person you replied to said that the "the conservative folk in Tulare put a stop to this, something the democrat voters in the rest of the state were obviously not willing to do" referencing the fact it was a conservative county that made the bust, something that in turn was being referenced by the poster before that.
Implying that Democratic voters took some sort of action in which they refused to seize illegal methamphetamine. Not sure if you know this but the only action that voters can take is to vote. Therefore, my question is, what did they vote for in which they refused to seize illegal meth?

>In short, you fabricated an argument and attempted to argue as if it was another's.
I'll form my question another way then. This was the claim

>the conservative folk in Tulare put a stop to this, something the democrat voters in the rest of the state were obviously not willing to do"

Ok. So, how did they refuse?

>Bravo, pretty textbook. Thanks for pointing that out
How did Democrat voters refuse to seize illegal meth?

>>1170882
The only action voters can take is voting. So, what did they vote for that represented a refusal to seize illegal meth? I'm not sure why you people are so incapable of answering such a simple question.
>>
>>1170886
Just stop already your arguing against your own strawman it's embarrassing
Your claiming California voters voted to allow meth manufacture and then demanding someone else prove it's true

Just stop you retard
>>
>>1170890
>Just stop already your arguing against your own strawman it's embarrassing
Its not a strawman. The claim was that Democrat voters refused to crack down on seizing illegal meth. The only action voters can take is to vote so, what did they vote on? What policy?

>Your claiming California voters voted to allow meth manufacture and then demanding someone else prove it's true
Someone said Democrat voters "allowed" illegal meth in a way that the conservative voters in Tulare did not. How did they refuse to seize illegal meth?
>>
>>1170891
what the fuck are you arguing?
Methheads in Tulare get caught importing meth
Retarded OP tries to blame it on Sacramento Democrats
Tries to save his political argument by pretending Tulare conservatives stopped the shipment, instead of getting caught with the shipment.
Republican meth heads are in jail. End of story
>>
>>1170905
>what the fuck are you arguing?
I don't know how to explain it any simpler.

Someone said this

>the conservative folk in Tulare put a stop to this, something the democrat voters in the rest of the state were obviously not willing to do"

My question is, in what way were the democrat voters in the rest of the state not willing to seize illegal meth? Its an extremely simple question.
>>
>>1170906
>My question is, in what way were the democrat voters in the rest of the state not willing to seize illegal meth? Its an extremely simple question.
the fact of the matter is nobody stopped the meth shipment besides "the conservative folk in Tulare who put a stop to this"

its clear as day the meth heads in SF wont stop it. and the meth heads in southern California apparently let it come through and didnt stop it either
>>
>>1170908
>the fact of the matter is nobody stopped the meth shipment besides "the conservative folk in Tulare who put a stop to this"
How is the fact that it was stopped in Tulare county means everyone else consciously made the decision to refuse to stop it? If I drive a stolen car from California to Colorado and I get busted by Colorado police does that mean police in Nevada, Utah and Arizona "refuse" to arrest me? That doesn't make any sense at all, anon.

>and the meth heads in southern California apparently let it come through and didn't stop it either
The word "let" is a verb. It applies that some action was taken with some intent in mind. Do you have any evidence at all that some other police force knew about this meth but just decided to "let it through"?
>>
>>1170891
>The claim was that Democrat voters refused to crack down on seizing illegal meth.
reading the thread it actually said "they weren't willing to" and despite you trying to pidgeonhole what someone said into your own argument for your benefit. ill attempt an answer.
im sure there are plenty of policies california voted on which lessened punishment for drug crimes and many more they have likely voted to block which would have made drug crimes and policing more strict,
Im not californian so I would not know what they were though, just that Californians have this exact reputation.
>>
>>1170910
stop defending meth heads
why are you so personally ass blasted by this? you should be happy that a large meth bust happened
>>
>>1170911
>reading the thread it actually said "they weren't willing to" and despite you trying to pidgeonhole what someone said into your own argument for your benefit. ill attempt an answer.
If your reading comprehension is this poor there's nothing I can do. Someone said Democrat voters weren't willing to crack down on seizing illegal meth. I asked how and they couldn't answer the question. There was no pigeonholing. There was no strawmanning. I asked someone a basic question about their own opinion and they got triggered to the moon.

>im sure there are plenty of policies california voted on which lessened punishment for drug crimes and many more they have likely voted to block which would have made drug crimes and policing more strict,
So I just asked what those policies were. Someone said this happened and I asked them to qualify their own opinion. I'm not sure how someone's inability to answer such a simple question negatively reflects on me.

>Im not californian so I would not know what they were though, just that Californians have this exact reputation.
Kind of weird how so many people are so sure about Californians haven't a reputation for something that they can't articulate in basic conversational english.
>>
>>1170912
>stop defending meth heads
Point to me anywhere in this thread where I defended meth heads

>why are you so personally ass blasted by this?
I asked someone a simple question about their own opinion and they were incapable of answering it. I'm not sure how this makes me ass blasted.

>you should be happy that a large meth bust happened
Point to me anywhere in this thread where I even remotely implied that I'm not happy about a large meth bust
>>
>>1170916
>Someone said Democrat voters weren't willing to crack down on seizing illegal meth. I asked how and they couldn't answer the question
Stop lying.
You tried to pigeonhole the claim into "what measures did California voters approve which allowed meth labs" you weasly sack of shit
>>
>>1170918
>I asked someone a simple question about their own opinion and they were incapable of answering it.
I'm pretty sure they did answer it with prop 47 and you responded with some bullshit about "that doesn't make it ok to manufacture meth it only makes drug use a non felony" which they further backed up claiming that drug users are how drug dealers are caught

Ur disingenuous as fuck you misrepresent everything at every step of the way
>>
>>1170927
>drug users are how drug dealers are caught
meth producers are caught by tracing rare chemicals back to the lab though. good try but you're wrong
>>
>>1170929
>i said drug dealers
>you said drug producers
you *really* cant read can you? do your eyeballs explode when your wrong?
>>
>>1170929
No anon, analytical processes on trace chemicals in drugs can identify which lab or process manufactured a drug but it can't do actually find the lab itself, it can only profile what is coming out of a lab.
You generally need good ol police or detective work to find labs, looking at chemical assays and gc results on street drugs won't ever get a lab busted
>>
>>1170934
>you don't go for the top level guys, you bust mid level dealers stupid
do you think doing a less adequate job is better somehow
>>
>>1170936
how in the world do you think they stumble across major drug dealers?
they catch smaller guys and find evidence pointing to the larger fish
or do you think a lab test tells them the meth was manufactured by Juan Pablo at 123 Nortne ave
>>
>>1170936
If they knew who the top level guys were then we wouldn't have this problem
>>
>>1170935
it's not a matter of analyzing street specimens with meth, you have to find out where ephedrine shipments and scheduling are too lax, assumedly all in central america at this point because the US plugged most of their holes. unless you deal with that some way or another you're fucked, and criminalizing victims isn't proven to help in any way
>>
>>1170834
Tulare County is red
>>
>>1170925
>Stop lying.
I can't do anything about your poor reading comprehension, anon.

>You tried to pigeonhole the claim into "what measures did California voters approve which allowed meth labs" you weasly sack of shit
I never said anything of the sort. Someone said that democrat voters were not willing to seize illegal meth. I asked how they were unwilling to seize illegal meth and the person gave me an article about a proposition that had nothing to do with the seizure of illegal meth. Either you're super bad faith or you're actually sub 70 IQ. There's no logical reason why an adult should fail so hard to understand a conversation so simple.
>>
>>1170940
>it's not a matter of analyzing street specimens with meth, you have to find out where ephedrine shipments and scheduling are too lax, assumedly all in central america at this point
well good job, you caught the bad they. they are somewhere in central america.
10/10 method
>>
>>1170958
exactly. what's your plan for dealing with cartels? just make money off the addicts who they've tarnished within your community?
>>
>>1170962
Members of Congress suggested we should deal with them directly using the US military .
Doesn't sound bad if Mexico and central American countries agree.
What's your strategy
>>
>>1170967
NTA but end the war on drugs. Take all of the money we spend on imprisonment and put it into treating drug addiction like a medical issue. Massively invest in community infrastructure in low income areas to give people job opportunities outside of black market trades. Cartels make money because drugs sell for a lot of money. Drugs sell for a lot of money because they are illegal and because it is so hard to smuggle into the country. Take away the demand and you'll drop the prices. You drop the prices and the cartel will lose money. If selling drugs in the U.S. no longer becomes profitable then they're fucked. This exact same economic mechanism happened during prohibition. Fix broken communities so people will stop selling drugs. Send people to rehab instead of prison. Cartels are like flies. As soon as you swat one another will pop up. They'll continue to exist so long as selling drugs here is so profitable. Instead of swatting flies as they pop up its a better idea to go to the garbage and clean it up so there's no environment in which they can thrive.
>>
>>1170967
anything that involves a coordinated effort with established governments sounds good to me
>>
>>1170974
Id rather just take the Chinese approach and execute drug dealers and manufacturers, and drug users get mandatory medical treatment
>>
>>1170977
too unamerican
>>
>>1170978
maybe its more american than america
>>
>red state shitholes wanting to pretend that ANY REASONABLE METRIC shows them better at all
>>
>>1170818
>There are pending federal charges.
You are hereby charged by our philoHispanic government. Bad Mexicans!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.