[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 1668647161673173.jpg (76 KB, 924x893)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-phoenix-government-and-politics-0ce1690e02eb851f05e80691162d4290

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona voters who overwhelmingly cast their ballots by mail have rejected a measure that would have would have required them to add more information to the simple signature and date they now put on the back of the return envelope.

Proposition 309 also would have eliminated the ability of registered voters who do not have a state or federally-issued photo ID with them when they vote in-person to provide other proof of identity to cast a ballot.

New tallies from Maricopa County and several smaller counties released on Wednesday showed there was no chance for the measure to pass. It had been too close to call in the eight days since polls closed on Nov. 8 and was the last of 10 measures on the ballot to be called by The Associated Press.

The measure was falling about 20,000 votes short of passing, well above the margin for a recount under a new law that boosts the difference between ballot measures or candidates from 1/10 of a percent to 1%.

Democrats and voting rights groups said that the changes would lead to more mail-in ballots being rejected and people being turned away at the polls. They also pointed out that citizenship and other requirements for voting are already done during the voter registration process.
>>
Republicans said they were needed to boost election security. The GOP-dominated Legislature put the measure on the ballot.

If it had passed, Proposition 309 would have required voters to write their birthdates and add state-issued voter identification numbers, driver license or identification card numbers or a partial social security number to affidavits rather than just signing and dating them. The back-of-envelope signature used by many counties also would be changed to require that they be placed into a second envelope.

In-person voting requirements also would change, eliminating the ability of voters who don’t have a state, tribal or federal government-issued photo ID on them to vote by presenting two alternate documents, such as a utility bill.
>>
>>1115958
Its not suppression stupid lefty. I dont want criminals like you able to hijack the system like you did back in 2020. You cant win honestly so you got to go
>>
Honestly you should have to bring your social security card and two forms of id and proof of address. But most democrats live in their van in their parents back yard so I guess that's where it gets tricky.
>>
>>1115959
>If it had passed, Proposition 309 would have required voters to write their birthdates and add state-issued voter identification numbers, driver license or identification card numbers or a partial social security number to affidavits rather than just signing and dating them. The back-of-envelope signature used by many counties also would be changed to require that they be placed into a second envelope.
I'm glad this didn't pass. I would have had to at least know someone's birthday and their SSN to mail a ballot for them.
>>
It's funny how the absolute baseline of every single other nation on the planet is voter supression in the US.
>>
>>1115958
>asking for an ID to purchase a gun
>no problem
>asking for an ID to vote
>FASCISM
Whatever. Fuck this country.
>>
>>1115964
>>1115979
>>1115995
>>1116000
>All these Republican tears
Voting is a right, not a privilege no matter how you try and spin it differently.
>>
>>1116006
So, again, why do we need an ID to buy a gun? That is also a right.
>>
>>1116007
We want niggers to vote, but we don't want niggers to own guns.
>>
>>1116007
>That's a right
Only if you're part of a WELL. REGULATED. MILITIA.
>>
>>1116009
Which I am per D.C. v Heller.
>>
>>1116009
Argument lost with an old debunked platitude.
>>
>>1116009
>The people have Miranda Rights
>Only if they're police officers
>>
>>1116010
>>1116011
>Republican Supreme Court overreach.

>>1116012
You can thank the Republican Supreme Court for that as well.
And they're about to make it worse if they agree to hear this case.
https://ij.org/press-release/new-supreme-court-appeal-asks-can-police-arrest-and-prosecute-you-for-making-fun-of-them/
>>
>>1116014
Well that just makes you a partisan hack. You're only against voter ID because your party tells you to be.
>>
>>1116015
>Calling out a corrupt and biased supreme court means you're a partisan hack
So you're fine with one of the Republican Judges putting his thumb on the scale for a case where his wife is implicated in one of the very few things that is against the law for the Supreme Court justices?
Clown world
>>
>The only way the Republicans can win is to keep people from voting

This is good news because it indicates that in a few years, the right and the far right will naturally die. They literally have nothing left to offer. Human beings are more and more educated so they are less afraid and understand immediately that it would be completely stupid to vote for an anti social, anti human and anti ecology party.
>>
>>1116016
>the heller decision was a result of corrupt and biased Republican supreme court
>in 2008
Clown world indeed.
>>
>>1116021
There's no point in arguing. They have the Republicans = bad mentality, which is probably because they're faggots. Gay people are mentally ill.
>>
I would be left leaning on most things but this whole voter id = suppression thing is completely unfathomable to me. You know this is how actual first world countries operate right? It just feels like a "the republicans want it so it has to be LE BAD" situation.
>>
>>1116021
>He doen't know
So you aren't an American, good to know.
>>
>>1116020
But people will probably still vote for Democrats.
I'm not following the rationale here.
>>
>>1116027
>I can't prove that the 2008 Supreme Court, with at least four super-leftists, was Republican biased and corrupt so I'll just call that anon un-American. That'll show him!
Wow you really got me there Anon. I'll never recover.
>>
>>1116029
First off, just calling people super leftist, doesn't make it true. More importantly, how many Republican appointed judges were on the court and how many voted to ram through what the NRA demanded?
>>
>>1116029
>2008
It's like you think Bush Jr. appointed democrats.
>>
>>1116023
Republicans are objectively mentally ill. You're a prime example.
>>
>>1116033
>First off, just calling people super leftist, doesn't make it true.
No yeah you're totally right. Ginsburg was really a conservative this whole time. As was Stevens, Breyer and Souter who voted against the decision. Totally right-wing all along. Get fucked.
>how many voted to ram through what the NRA demanded?
Not as many as those who voted for what Bloomberg ever wants to ram through with his billions of dollars he can throw around.
>>
>>1116043
Answer the question on how many Republican appointed judges were on the court.
>>
>>1116044
Not enough.
>>
Josh HAWLEY IS THE FUTURE OF FASCISM AND i CAN WAIT
>>
>voter suppression
>i want illegal votes because they benefit my party
>>
>>1115964
You still have no proof of this. Seethe cope etc
>>
>>1116063
https://hereistheevidence.com/
>>
>>1116064
Instead of looking at the data provided in that website, he'll give an excuse why he didn't look at it.
>>
>>1115958
>state that rejects secure elections votes in Democrats
Shocker!
>>
>>1116075
How were the elections in that state not secure?
>>
>>1116067
The fake data on the website was invented by Rudy Guiliani and Sidney Powell.
>>
>>1116077
>No ID
>no verification of mail-in ballots other than signature

>>1116078
[citation needed]
>>
>>1116079
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/us/politics/sidney-powell-trump.html
>Trump Team Disavows Lawyer Who Peddled Conspiracy Theories on Voting
>>
I will never understand how people will say that VoterID is unnecessary or even possibly racist. You can't do shit without an ID in this country, can't get a car, apply for welfare, get any type of license, purchase liquor, see an R rated movie, do virtually anything in a courthouse and the dozens of other things, but when it comes to voting? No, don't need it.

Oh wait, it's because you fucks want more votes so you can stay in power. You retards give zero fucks about honesty and integrity.
>>
>>1116081
https://www.aclu.org/fact-sheet/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet
>>
>>1116080
>paywall
[citation still needed]
>>
>>1116084
>not having an anti-paywall browser extension
It's no ones fault but your own.
>>
>>1116085
>hiding behind paywalls cause you're a scared little pissbaby
[citation still needed]
>>
>>1116084
>>1116087
>President Trump’s campaign on Sunday disavowed Sidney Powell, one of his lawyers who has pushed false claims of voter fraud, after she made wild accusations that Republican officials had been involved in a payoff scheme to manipulate voting machines.

>The repudiation of Ms. Powell, which came at the hands of former allies like Rudolph W. Giuliani, added unwanted drama for the president’s legal team at a moment when it is losing case after case, offering a public window into the chaotic nature and amateurish tactics of most of its attempts so far to fight the election outcome.

>Even as many campaign aides, White House advisers and professional lawyers want nothing to do with the claims, a small group of lawyers for Mr. Trump’s campaign has presided over a widely mocked, circuslike legal effort to try to invalidate votes and prevent states from certifying their results.

>People like Ms. Powell and Mr. Giuliani have been frequent guests on conservative news programs, where they have made spurious claims that have been rejected by judges or that the Trump campaign has refrained from echoing in court because they lack evidence.

>Ms. Powell, who was not directly involved in cases the Trump campaign filed in court, appeared with its legal team at a news conference just last week, and had been embraced by the president and many of his allies because of her emphatic and unconditional defense of an array of baseless claims.

>On Sunday, though, the Trump campaign reversed course.

>“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” it said in a statement. “She is not a member of the Trump legal team. She is also not a lawyer for the president in his personal capacity.”
>>
>>1116078
There it is! You're lying. They have nothing to do with that website.
>>
>>1116083
>aclu
Lmao

>>1116088
>debunks nothing
All that pissbaby kicking and screaming for a presser release?
>>
>>1116079
Some states verify signatures, other states only check if a signature exists. Of the states that verify signatures, why is that verification not enough?
>>
>In a statement issued to CBS News, Ms. Powell said that she understood the statement from Mr. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis, another Trump lawyer, and that she would still be filing a lawsuit related to her unsubstantiated allegations of voter fraud.

>The disavowal came a day after a Pennsylvania judge eviscerated arguments that other members of Mr. Trump’s legal team had made in court that millions of votes in the state should be invalidated.

>Ms. Powell was described as a member of the legal team’s “elite strike force” at the news conference on Thursday as she laid out an elaborate conspiracy theory about efforts by the former Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, who died in 2013, to essentially rig elections in the United States by using voting machines made by Dominion Voting Systems. While Mr. Trump has become obsessed with the idea of a global conspiracy, cybersecurity officials from his own government have said there is no evidence that machines were compromised.

>Appearing on the conservative network Newsmax on Saturday night, Ms. Powell further pushed the conspiracy theory, saying that two top Republicans in Georgia — Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger — were taking payoffs as part of the scheme, and that Representative Doug Collins of Georgia had in fact won his race for Senate against Senator Kelly Loeffler. (He did not; Ms. Loeffler’s race is heading to a runoff without Mr. Collins.) Ms. Powell said she planned to file a “biblical” suit in the state.

>Two runoff elections in Georgia on Jan. 5 are set to determine which party controls the Senate, and Republicans have grown anxious that the Trump campaign’s legal efforts there could affect those races, which are likely to have lower turnout than this month’s general election.

>>1116090
wrong
>>
>>1116092
>why is that verification not enough
Should it be enough to buy a gun?
>>
>>1116091
>The thrust of Ms. Powell’s conspiracy theory — that a powerful and vast network of Mr. Trump’s enemies cheated him out of victory — has been largely constant, though the cast of perpetrators and accomplices has varied from setting to setting.

>In an interview last week on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show, where she spoke with few interruptions for nearly 20 minutes, Ms. Powell claimed that the voting machines in question had been designed to rig elections.

>The day before, on Fox Business, Ms. Powell said the conspiracy involved “dead people” who had voted “in massive numbers” — again offering no evidence — and claimed that fraudulent paper ballots were also part of the scheme.

>In September, Ms. Powell acknowledged during a hearing in Federal District Court in Washington that she had taken the highly unusual step of briefing Mr. Trump on the case of one of her most prominent clients, Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser.

>While representing Mr. Flynn, Ms. Powell often amplified social media posts promoting QAnon, the conspiracy theory whose proponents believe Mr. Trump is battling a cabal of satanic pedophiles.

>The cold shoulder extended to Ms. Powell was only the latest embarrassment for Mr. Trump’s legal team, for which more than 30 lawsuits challenging the integrity of the election have either been dismissed or voluntarily withdrawn in a half-dozen battleground states.

>A major loss came in Pennsylvania on Saturday night, when the federal judge, Matthew W. Brann, threw out a lawsuit seeking to stop the certification of the state’s election results and criticized it in blistering language, likening its argument to “Frankenstein’s monster” and saying it was “unsupported by the evidence.”
>>
>>1116093
>wrong
Nothing in your source proves otherwise, cope
>>
>>1116096
>While representing Mr. Flynn, Ms. Powell often amplified social media posts promoting QAnon, the conspiracy theory whose proponents believe Mr. Trump is battling a cabal of satanic pedophiles.
They're talking about hereistheevidence.com
>>
>>1116098
>ctrl+f
>hereistheevidence.com
>0 results
[citation still needed]
>>
>>1116098
It's hard to tell what he's talking about because he's posting massive walls of text and replying to different people.
>>
Make IDs free, automatically register to vote when they reach maturity like we do for the selective service, make DMVs/polling places more common in poorer areas AND make election day a federal holiday then we can come to the table on requiring voter IDs.
>>
>>1116064
>start looking
>Literally uses Twitter as a source unironicly

Lmao, the cope is very real
>>
>>1116083
>Voter ID Laws Are Discriminatory
No they're not. If someone can't take a few hours out of their day to get something as important as an ID that only costs less than $100 that lasts years then that's their problem, not the countries. Even with the most basic of budgeting it's possible, as long as the person isn't an idiot. And guess what, they needed an ID to get their job to pay taxes. Assuming they're not working under the table.
>Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards.
Because for a CCW you need to get vetted by the government to make sure you're a citizen before anything else, then they do a backround check, as in, if you have a CCW you are a citizen. With a student ID all that means is that you're attending a school and some places allow illegals to attend. NC not accepting state employee cards was stupid but it was already stricken down, so whats the issue now? I stopped reading here because I was right, this is just going to be a list of bullshit reasoning and be as biased as possible.

Although I should of known this reading a fucking ACLU link.
>>
>>1116105
>Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites.

>States exclude forms of ID in a discriminatory manner. Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards. Until its voter ID law was struck down, North Carolina prohibited public assistance IDs and state employee ID cards, which are disproportionately held by Black voters. And until recently, Wisconsin permitted active duty military ID cards, but prohibited Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting.

>Voter ID laws are enforced in a discriminatory manner. A Caltech/MIT study found that minority voters are more frequently questioned about ID than are white voters.

>Voter ID laws reduce turnout among minority voters. Several studies, including a 2014 GAO study, have found that photo ID laws have a particularly depressive effect on turnout among racial minorities and other vulnerable groups, worsening the participation gap between voters of color and whites.8
>>
>>1116094
That's not really a good answer. I'm not in favor of mail-in voting but if they verify signatures it at least prevents someone from stuffing ballot drop-off boxes with ballots that have "benis" as the signature.
>>
>>1116105
>And guess what, they needed an ID to get their job to pay taxes
Wrong, you just need the number, that shit can be a decade expired and it changes nothing
>>
>>1116107
>That's not really a good answer.
Sure it is, it just suggests you're full of shit so you don't like it

>I'm not in favor of mail-in voting but
Then you should have no problem adopting the same security checks every other 1st world country uses- voter ID and mail-in ballots on approved/verified requests only
>>
>>1116108
>Wrong, you just need the number, that shit can be a decade expired and it changes nothing
According to whom?
>>
>>1116108
Given how visceral the IRS is about making sure you pay your taxes, I sincerely doubt they would accept an expired number. Give a source or fuck off.
>>
>>1116116
>>1116119
I have gone entire half decades without renewing my license, gone though multiple jobs, and paid income and property taxes, please cope more.

Why do you think you need to have a non-expiered id to do any of those things? The job just asks for your number, they don't care if its expired or not. Same for taxes, they are not asking for an ID just the number.

So if you wanna have a point you might start at saying they just need to supply there id number and thats it.
>>
>>1116120
It depends on the employer but this isn't the 1980s. They tend to take a photocopy of your ID or at least your social security card. They need it for taxes and to do background checks. If your employer gets audited and they find that an employee gave fake information they're subject to a lot of fines. If they didn't do that for you, then I guess congratulations on your dishwashing job.
>>
>>1116121
>implying they care if its expired

Once again, they just want the number. They could not care less if you let you license expire and now take the bus. Then only thing having an expired license stops you from doing is driving and acquiring cigs/alcohol, they don't even care at the pharmacy even if they are handing over opioid.
>>
>>1116122
Social security cards don't expire. I don't know about expired driving licenses.
>>
>>1116123
>Social security cards
Is not a form of id. You use it to get an id, but you bring that anywhere as identification you will be laughed at. Also no job will scan a socal card, that is personal data the government will bring the hammer down on you if you lose it.
>>
>>1116126
When I was a kid, before i had my license, I had summer jobs that took photocopies of my social security card as part of the on-boarding process.
>>
>>1116120
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>1116126
>Also no job will scan a socal card, that is personal data the government will bring the hammer down on you
What the literal fuck are you talking about?
To establish proof of employment eligibility in the United States the IRS requires that as part of hiring an employee verify their identity and their residency status.
A social a security card is not Id, you are correct, but it does verify proof of us residency.
You will have to provide one or two documents that prove both of these things to be hired in the US. A US passport is sometimes used as a single form of documentation that provides both of these verifications but a social security card is one of the accepted items for residency and I've used it for employment verification at literally every job I held until I was in my mid twenties and had a US passport

If you've honestly never held a job in the United States I wouldn't mind linking to you the IRS form that has this information on it
>>
>>1116132
Anon, he's a dog walker, he doesn't need an ID for that.
>>
>>1116128
How old are you? Not many places still use physical, which is why they don't scan your card anymore. Having that info on there discount server host is a huge liability that no one wants to take.

>>1116130
Take it or leave it, it be what it be

>>1116132
>I exist in the 1960s

Nigga the internet exists, they just need the numbers. You see that part that says "are you eligible to work in the us?" On the job application? That is all the due diligence the company has to do. There is no "department of making sure you are a citizen" in any corporation, it is not an thing. The fact you think its a thing makes me question if you have literally ever worked. Like are you fucking kidding me?

Also have gotten my tax returns every year despite having an expired license, so either I am a master fraudster or they just want your fucking number at the irs. Have you ever sent a pic of your id to the irs? Seriously.
>>
>>1116143
>There is no "department of making sure you are a citizen" in any corporation, it is not an thing.
I don't want immigrants legal or otherwise, but have you ever heard of an I-9?
No? Read some stuff. You seem like a cool guy.
>>
>>1116143
>they just need the numbers
Motherfucking retard, have you ever held a legitimate job before in the United States? The IRS requires the employer to submit a photocopy of your documents proving employment eligibility
Seriously, what the fuck country do you live in? Is it the US? Have you never held a job here before?
>>
>>1116143
>Have you ever sent a pic of your id to the irs?
The employer does it you fucking retard. It is their job to collect the physical documents and copy the information and submit it to the irs
https://www.uscis.gov/i-9
If you started a new job using an expired drivers license as your form of id then your two bit shit employer they probably pays you minimum wage is breaking tax code
>>
>>1116168
>>1116170
>>1116174
Well I don't know what to tell you guys, but I've really only worked for major corporations and when I think major corporations I don't think "opening themselves up for tax liability". I still got my tax returns, so the irs isn't checking shit, probably because they are understaffed and think finding illegals is ICE's job, they got accounting degrees, they could not give less of a fuck as long as your taxes are getting paid.

This feels like one of those measures they pass to make Republicans feel better about themselves but in reality is never really enforced unless someone outside the irs makes a stink about somthing specific. At least that's how it looks from the outside looking in, I don't exactly work at the irs.
>>
>>1116177
>Well I don't know what to tell you guys
You've filled out a W-4 and they used your information for I-9 verification. The employer fills out the I-9 in most cases without informing the employee.
To tell you more, I'd have to follow the comment chain, but since this is where we are, I have no desire to do so because it's probably retarded.
>>
>>1116178
And the license they would have used would have been expired.

Don't know what to tell ya. System doesn't work.
>>
Bunch of Assholes here don't know how AZ voting works.
You provide SSN/DL when registering to vote.
You have to confirm your address and information when requesting to be on the permanent voting mailing list
You're required by state law to update them within 30 days of any address change, so your ballot doesn't get lost
Website to confirm you're still on the list, what your address is, and confirm it was received
Still requires a Signature for verification

Republicans seem to think there's some shadowy cabal of assholes who are tracking down who is on the mailing list but doesn't know it somehow, stealing their ballots, and forging their signatures?
They'd cry foul even with the extra ID requirements, because they can still be overcome in the same ridiculous situation that they'd need to be now.
>>
>>1116187
And you think showing an ID is fascism on par with Nazi Germany. Anyone living in Arizona knows our voting system is fucked up (hence the clusterfuck with machines the day of elections), so would it really kill you to require an ID - the same requirement you need just to function in society whether it's driving a car, opening a bank account, buying a firearm or even getting into a bar on Mill Ave?

I know it's asking a lot.
>>
>>1116191
Here's the deal - you want voter ID? Issue it to people for free. No problem. The issue is that if you're going to put up any barrier between people and voting, no matter how minimal, you need to have a good reason for doing so. As of this point, nobody can even prove that voting without an ID produces any widespread fraud so it's a big ask to completely overhaul the election process based on a thing that conservatives can't even prove is real. If its really that important that everyone have voter ID then it should be free of cost for every citizen.
>>
>>1116191
strawman much, faggot?
>>
>>1116191
>hence the clusterfuck with machines the day of elections
You can thank cyber ninjas for that, after that debacle az probably got sent literally the most garbage out of date machines that could be found out of spite, also wouldn't be surprised to find getting not shit voting machines was not in the budget after paying for so many recounts and audits.
>>
>>1116192
>Here's the deal - you want voter ID? Issue it to people for free. No problem.
This has already been done everywhere voter ID is required. Thanks for your input.
>>
>>1116191
Good post.
Voter ID is a sensible requirement and Democrats hate it in every form, even when it's free they oppose it and say there is a lack of DMV offices or some other bs excuse
>>
>>1116200
What states don’t have a voter ID law anon?
>>
>>1116177
So much cope in one post trying to justify how you can be right when you've been shown to be wrong.
Your anecdotes mean nothing here. One time I went to vote when I lived in Cali and was told that I already voted. It happened, buts it's anecdotal and doesn't carry much weight
>>
>>1116192
>Here's the deal - you want voter ID? Issue it to people for free. No problem.
Fine. I would. In fact I'm pretty sure I got my voter ID for free. Let me check... "county recorder stephen richer maricopa county voter identification" Yup. All good. I don't remember buying this.
>>
>>1116193
Make sense much, faggot?
>>
>>1116191
>>1116200
if republicans keep lying like this, they're just going to keep losing gen z and other informed voters
>>
>>1116201
Pretty much all blue states
https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state
>>
>>1116200
What is really funny is that if Republicans get their aggressive voter ID laws they will end up disenfranchising their base (old boomers). That is the majority of people who don’t have valid IDs anymore.
>>
>>1116206
I cannot find any that don’t require an ID to register to vote. Which one are you thinking of?
>>
>>1116208
Nice pilpul technique. Jews do this all the time where they intentionally ask a vague question that can be interpreted multiple ways.
>>
>>1116209
>pol gets called out, deflects to jews
classic
>>
>>1116207
Man I've seen some retarded shit, but this takes the cake.
>>
>>1116210
Woah I wasn't criticizing you, I was complementing you :)
>>
>>1116210
NTA but that was a pretty jewish tactic.
You can only get out of this mess by typing "Jesus is the son of God!".
>>
>>1115959
https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/06/01/in-europe-voter-id-is-the-norm/
>A database on voting rules worldwide compiled by the Crime Prevention Research Center, which I run, shows that election integrity measures are widely accepted globally, and have often been adopted by countries after they’ve experienced fraud under looser voting regimes.

>All but one European country requires a government-issued photo voter ID to vote.

>Seventy-four percent of European countries entirely ban absentee voting for citizens who reside domestically. Another 6% limit it to those hospitalized or in the military, and they require third-party verification and a photo voter ID. Another 15% require a photo ID for absentee voting.

And within our own hemisphere: Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina all require showing ID at polling locations.
>>
>>1116028
He was describing Republicans
>>
>>1116105
Still not paying your poll tax
>>
>>1116211
This isn't an argument
>>
>>1116213
Saying something is a jewish tactic unfortunately isn't an argument
>>
>>1116214
>https://www.dailysignal.com
>The Daily Signal is the multimedia news organization of The Heritage Foundation
Geee I wonder why the Heritage Foundation would make a slanted misleading article about immigration like that.
>>
>>1116209
So, no? Every state requires IDs to register? Fascinating.
>>
>>1116228
>Every state requires IDs to register
No, I know for a fact they don't.
I can register in California by attesting at the DMV I'm eligible to vote. In more concrete terms, I can pick up a slip of paper and fill in a bubble that says "register me to vote" and put in my address and hand it to someone.
There's actual laws in CA that say a DMV employee can not verify an applicants eligibility to vote, and I have registered to vote like this when I lived there.
>>
>>1116227
>When you can't discredit the content, always attack the source, that way you don't have to address the inconvenient.
>By the way everything that doesn't agree with leftist views isn't a good source :)
>>
>>1116253
How much does The Heritage Foundation pay you to shill their fake news site here?
>>
>>1116254
Nta but that's not an argument
>>
>>1116254
>data that proves me wrong is fake
Cope much?
>>
>>1116262
>I just happen to get data about important topics from one of the most notorious republican think tanks on the planet
Don't tell me you do it for free, I don't believe you.
>>
>>1116264
Data isn't invalidated simply because you don't like the source reporting it. Do you understand?
>>
>>1116266
Oh but it is, when you finally graduate high school you'll learn that fact.
>>
>>1116266
The Heritage Foundation exists to put out false data and mislead gullible people like yourself. Looks like they claimed another victim (you).
>>
>>1116249
>a slip of paper and fill in a bubble that says "register me to vote" and put in my address and hand it to someone.
That slip of paper is an application for identification. Wow anon, what a unique cope.
>>
>>1116267
>>1116268
Nice Cope. Couldn't help but notice you're all out of arguments. Concession accepted.
>>
>>1116274
Whatever they pay you to say, shill.
>>
>>1116275
if you have no argument you can return to reddit now.
>>
>>1116207
I sincerely have no idea what you're talking about. Florida got voterID laws and Republicans are winning by a large margin this midterm. Want to know what Florida is famous for? Retired boomers.
>>
>>1116303
Florida has secret poll police and refused to let observers in.
No one gives a shit about florida
>>
>>1116214
Now let's see how the conservatives like the heritage foundation deviates from other countries with voter ID in how they implement it proving their corruption and dishonesty in their citation.
>>
>>1116306
>Now let's see how the conservatives like the heritage foundation deviates from other countries with voter ID in how they implement it proving their corruption and dishonesty in their citation.
What? You could also complain then that the Democrats aren't living up to the Liberal parties of Europe. If Repubs are guilty for proposing "bad" versions of voter ID legislation, then Dems are guilty of not proposing the "good" versions like all the European countries.
>>
>>1116106
If niggers don't want to spend a modicum of effort getting a fucking ID then they shouldn't be allowed to vote
>>
>>1116304
Florida has been one of the most important swing states for multiple presidential elections. Cope harder.
>>
>>1116310
I agree. Also, they need an ID to get on welfare, so what's the gripe with them needing it to vote?
>>
>>1116316
>>1116310
They do have IDs, its just that Republicans find out which kinds of IDs they have the most and prohibit them from using them to vote in elections in order to prevent fraud that they can't even prove is happening.
>>
>>1116308
https://www.aclu.org/fact-sheet/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet
Feel free to explain why they discriminate against minorities. And Republicans already tried it in practice by shutting down officies to get voter ID in majority black areas.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/alabama-closes-dmv-offices-a-year-after-voter-id-law-kicks-in

And they're also hypocritical as when it's applied to them, they get the poll worker fired.
https://www.al.com/news/2022/09/alabama-gop-chair-refused-to-show-license-to-vote-that-became-a-problem-for-poll-workers.html

Maybe if Republicans expanded access, you could get the ID through mail, they were actually free (They aren't), and were proactive in giving them out, you'd see us be more like Europe. until then, it's yet another voter suppression scheme.
>>
>>1116317
What IDs are ghetto hoodrats having that isn't a basic drivers license or state issue ID?
>>
>>1116327
Did you not read the article?
>>
>>1116328
Didn't you post this exact shit earlier in >>1116083

Are you just bringing up your argument again in the hopes that it turns out differently? One giant piece of shit from this article is:
Voter ID laws are a waste of taxpayer dollars.
No it isn't. How the actual fuck is it a waste of taxpayer dollars to try to enforce the rules that only citizens can vote in their countries election? Mexico has a stronger VoterID system than we do, everyone does. But for some reason, it's ONLY an issue here in the USA. If anyone of any ethnicity is to retarded to keep track and be responsible of their documents then they don't deserve to vote in the first place.
>>
>>1116330
>No it isn't. How the actual fuck is it a waste of taxpayer dollars to try to enforce the rules that only citizens can vote in their countries election?
Because there's absolutely zero evidence that any significant amount of non-citizens are voting in elections due to lack of voter ID. You're complaining about a problem that you have no proof is happening.

>If anyone of any ethnicity is to retarded to keep track and be responsible of their documents then they don't deserve to vote in the first place.
That's not how voting works, anon. Unfortunately for Republicans, most judges tend to agree.
>>
>>1116332
>potentially allow millions of illegals to have a say in elections for a nation that they're not even a citizen of
>this isn't a problem and/or potential problem

Holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>1116334
And has there been any tangible proof that millions of illegals have been risking or plan on risking deportation by voting in questionable ways and planting a target on their back?
>>
>>1116335
There were illegals openly stating that they're "DREAMers" during protests for amnesty. If they're in a blue state like California their risk of getting deported is 0%. Even if they go to a deep red state and try to vote without an ID, they can just say "oh shit, I forgot it, sorry", without revealing their illegal. The reason democrats don't want voter ID is because it helps them stay in power. Florida did away with no voter ID crap, and look what happened. Red sweep. Mail in ballots are fraud, no voter ID is fraud, you retards just want power no matter how much it hurts the nation.
>>
>>1116225
You can only get out of this mess by typing "Jesus is the son of God!".
>>
>>1116341
>Florida did away with no voter ID crap, and look what happened. Red sweep. Mail in ballots are fraud, no voter ID is fraud, you retards just want power no matter how much it hurts the nation.
Good post
>>
>>1116343
>>1116341
>Voter suppression, the real election fraud, works when Republicans go all in on it.
I'm shocked!
>>
>>1116348
funny how the whole planet operates on "voter suppression", huh?
>>
>>1115964
>still mad about 2020
cry harder
>>
>>1115997
the baseline of every single other nation is automatic and involuntary voter registration.
you need proof at the polls because they didn't need proof when registering.
conversely in america:
you need proof of multiple types to register in the first place, and also to request a mail ballot.
also i'm confused as to how this is suddenly a huge problem now when it's worked safely and securely for decades in states such as arizona.
>>
>>1116115
other first world countries automatically register every citizen to vote, which is why they have the usual security checks later down the line.
here in the states, you need to have verifiable govt ID in order to register in the first place.
even the states that have 'automatic' voter registration laws in place, only do so when someone interacts directly with a government institution, and only after that someone's interaction is in some way such that their ID is verified. such as: getting a drivers license from the state department of transportation
>>
>>1116349
in australia you break a law and have to pay a fine if you don't vote
>>
>>1116306
far enough down this line is the the 'only those who own a tract of land greater than three acres are permitted to vote' argument.
they want to go back to the past so bad, they put it in their organization name.
>>
>>1116274
two seconds on google
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/
>>
>>1116105
>advocating for a poll tax
with your whole chest, knowing a great many people in the states can't pay that.
but it's ok, right? the poor aren't people to you, after all.
>>
>>1116372
mediabiasfactcheck.com is not a reputable source of information.
>>
>>1116378
What a coincidence, neither is The Heritage Foundation.
>>
>>1116389
whataboutism
>>
>>1116390
You should really stop using words which you don't know the meaning.
>>
>>1116393
You could look it up
2 seconds on Google
>The technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue. >Also called whataboutery
>>
>>1116315
Florida has only been notable due to cheating and shady practices
>>
>>1116400
Granted, now that they're doing voter ID they cleaned up all the fraud and the state is straight red as a result, so it's not really interesting anymore
>>
>>1116389
heritage foundation reports data. assuming the data hasn't been altered, the inherent bias of a reporter doesn't change the factual accuracy of the data being reported. i know this is hard for your MSNBC-riddled pea brain to understand.
>>
>>1116401
>he actually believes this
secret poll police and not allowing observers sounds like no fraud at all, yep yep
>>
>>1116402
I point this same thing out to them every time they doubt the election fraud database heritage maintains.
Sure, it's in their interests to catalog election fraud, they are pretty much paid to do things like that, but it doesn't mean any of the data is fabricated or altered.
These retards can't understand that and that's why they rely on talking tv bobble heads and the online drama-reality news cycle to keep their dopamine hits flowing
>>
>Media is secretly biased, you can't trust them
>Heritage Foundation is explicitly biased, so you can trust them
big thoughts with tiny brains
>>
>>1116414
>argument from incredulity
let us know when you formulate a thought of actual substance
>>
>>1116406
And states needing a stupid amount of "extra time to count" the mail in ballots when they're losing and end up leading slightly ahead for the blue candidate isn't?
>>
>>1116422
because states with 100% machine count are more accurate than states including a hand count.
>>
>>1115958
>Arizona voters reject fascist right's effort to enact stricter voter ID voter suppression law
you know this is written by an absolute fucking lunatic. Tell me more about how the whole world is fascist for asking people to prove they are who they say they are when they vote.
>>
>>1116425
You ignored the part where I said "when they're losing and end up leading slightly ahead". Pretty convenient that it only happens when that criteria is met. Also machine counting is terrible too. Those machines can be rigged/compromised by malicious actors.
>>
>>1116430
you're being so fucking stupid
the elections never over until all the votes are counted, this ahead/behind shit is all media goyslop that you're eagerly licking up
>Also machine counting is terrible too. Those machines can be rigged/compromised by malicious actors.
As we've been saying, Florida's 100% machine voting, no observers, unaccountable poll police is sketchy
>>
>>1116422
>>1116425
>>1116430
Anons dont be acting like American elections are above board. LBJ literally buying elections in the 1940's is common knowledge. The Shenanigans in JFK's election are well known. The flagrant elections corruption in Chicago and Philly and San Fran is well known to anyone even vaguely involved in the politics of those cities. The utter fuckery of the South from 1910-80 is part of the school curriculum. TAMMANY HALL is a term every single American with even a passing knowledge of history knows.

American elections are not above board and never have been. If a candidate is behind, then it takes weeks to count the vote and then suddenly they win, you know exactly what the fuck is happening. If one county randomly stops counting for the night while other counties keep counting, you know exactly what the fuck is happening. If an elections official announces that they just "found" a huge batch of ballots or that they suddenly have a huge batch of ballots they still need to count, you know exactly what the fuck is happening.

Lets not fuck around with these pretend games. Lets also not fuck around and pretend this is an R v D issue. Up and down the ballot for both parties, in certain parts of the county, popular candidates are losing to establishment candidates through fuckery. If there was election reform in California would it still be deep blue? Yes. Would Gavin Newsom be the democrat governor? Lol. Lmao even. Same with McConnel's ridiculous senate win in 2020. Same with every single Senator from Illinois ever.

they keep doing this and getting away with it because they keep playing us against each other.
>>
>>1116006
fraud is a right, its not a privilege no matter how much you want to pretend it is-leftist
>>
>>1116316
so they can commit frauds
>>
>>1116432
To be honest I do agree with you. I don't argue with lefties for the sake of trying to convince them that they're wrong (these people are brainwashed, liberals went from live laugh love and question authority to being pro war and corporate bootlickers just because the TV man told them to be), I argue for the fence sitter so they can see how asinine and sometimes genuinely disturbing their beliefs are. Since I've been doing this I've been noticing more anti-left sentiments across all the places I've been doing it on the internet.

I know elections are a sham, it's theater for the peasants. But if the peasants can at least vote for the less terrible option, then it isn't as bad for us. This is probably some serious cope, but you can at least hope.
>>
>>1116432
Ignoring actual graft in modern America, Richard Nixon, really did not help your argument.
>>1116469
Fascinating that cope posters agree with each other. No you are not convincing anyone.
>>
>>1115958
Any state that hasn't adopted voter security laws to parity with Florida has failed

My state has tried but failed. Texas needs to go father to bring their election laws up to snuff with Florida. Currently they're lacking.

It should be obvious with what happened to laxalt and the fact that the Jewish gop meeting was held in Las Vegas that we're living in the jews banana republic
>>
>>1115958
Failed states have no voting ID security, because voting doesn't mean a damned thing as opposed to having a Narrative of right think. Way to die, You Ass Ay.
>>
>>1116463
Go back to losing the governor's race Lake
>>
>>1116477
>Voter suppression laws
Fixed
>>
>>1116474
>Ignoring actual graft in modern America, Richard Nixon, really did not help your argument.
Why would you respond to something about election integrity with some vague reference to political intrigue?

FYI, WaPo did a piece on the election fraud that lead to JFK beating Nixon.

>>1116501
>ill say the slogan again! that will show them!
>>
>>1116501
>identification to vote? HELP I'M BEING SUPPRESSED
>>
>>1116501
You know Mexico has voter ID laws right? And you know they're way more impoverished and have issues with infrastructure so people out in the boonies have an even more difficult time getting to a voting precinct, right? You people say it discriminates against blacks because they're the most likely to be affected because they can't afford an ID meanwhile Juan from Oaxaca making $10 a day is able to make by just fine and still vote for his local municipality officials. Even when Republicans offered to make IDs free you people still turned it down for bullshit reasons. You don't truly believe that anyone is being suppressed, you just want more votes for your party.
>>
>>1116563
>You know Mexico has voter ID laws right?
cool but you left out the part about how those ID cards are provided free by the government to every citizen
>>
>>1116565
I literally put in my statement that when Republicans offered to make IDs free you retards still turned it down. Good reading comprehension you genuine idiot.
>>
>>1116566
>Republicans offered to make IDs free
And deliver to you free of charge?
No? It's still a poll tax then.
>>
>>1116565
>>1116602
OK you're just coping at this point.
Everywhere that's enacted voter ID laws provides free IDs. Now they have to be shipped for free too? Hell they probably are. That's how my Driver's license was sent to me.
Just fuck right off with your goal post moving made up trash.
>>
>>1116612
Nah, you not only need another type of ID to get the voter ID, but need to travel to the location to get them. that means they aren't free.
>>
>>1116613
The mere requirement that they have to travel and that costs money and time is not an argument against making them get an ID. You'd have a compelling argument if traveling puts a burden, such as they have to travel 200 miles. To do anything, including life essential things, like go to the doctor, pickup groceries, go to work, you need to travel. I've had these arguments before and they always end with nitpicky things like "but they have to pay for a bus ticket".
>>
>>1116613
>I. NEED. MORE. STRAWS!
take it easy, it's just an internet argument
>>
>>1116624
>>1116620
>Moving the goalposts.
Are you clinging to the straw thatt DMVs are as plentiful as grocery stores?
https://allvotingislocal.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/LCCHR_AVL_report.pdf

Or when Republicans tried to shut down 31 of the 67 DMVs in Alabama.
https://www.aclu.org/news/voting-rights/alabamas-dmv-shutdown-has-everything-do-race
And you're going to victim blame instead of admit the problem is voter suppression.
>>
>>1116726
Your still beating this dead horse?

Who the fuck does not have valid ID in 2022?
>cant rent an apartment
>cant open a bank account
>cant receive welfare

lmao, please. No one buys it.
>>
>>1116726
Passports are done at post offices all across America so you don't have to go to the DMV and only a DMV to get an ID. That article is designed to make you feel like you're right with the careful wording they use.
>Now Alabama closes 31 0f 67 Department of Motor Vehicle locations where most people get the most commonly used voter ID, the driver’s license.
>"most people"
> "most commonly"

>>1116736
Apparently there are millions of people without an ID who can vote in America. The only way it makes sense to me is someone is married and they let their spouse do everything with their ID.
>>
>>1116736
>>1116740
>Who cares
>Moving the goalposts again
It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>1116743
looks like you forgot to post an argument. here, i'll do it for you.

>um uh uh yeah b-b-but what about the rural disabled illiterate non-binary minorities that live 8 hours from the nearest dmv unable to read or write or walk or drive to a dmv location and whose social aversion makes human-to-human interaction mentally debilitating? voter id is just designed to disenfranchise that type of voter.
>>
>>1116743
He's right tho
Nobody *actually* believes there's any problem with voter IDs.
Even you shills say their ok if they are free, yet the only states that have them, including free ones, are red states.
Democrats thrive off fraud
>>
>>1116747
>>1116748
>Ignoring the fact that Republicans are kneecapping how to get the Voter ID which is what makes it the problem
This doesn't even touch on the fact that Voter ID requirements are a solution in search of a problem.
Or how your main argument is a bandwagon fallacy.
Republicans can only win if they engage in voter suppression.
>>
>>1116748
Why is it then that the only fraud in 2020 in my state, PA, was performed by republicans? In fact the overwhelming majority of proven voter fraud in 2020 was republicans.
Seems like your cope is not based on facts.
>>
>Mum voter fraud
Even the conservative Washington Post says you're full of shit
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/01/truth-about-election-fraud-its-rare/
>>
>>1116751
>republicans are pushing for measures which would make it impossible for them to commit which just shows that they're the ones committing fraud
galaxy brain argument here
>>
>>1116751
Because if someone stuffs a ballot box full of mail-in ballots with bogus signatures, you'd need an audit to prove fraud, and audits are rare.
>>
>>1116758
Going to make the dead people vote claim again?
https://youtu.be/l-nEHkgm_Gk?t=602
>>
>>1116751
>There is no voter fraud
>Voter fraud is overwhelmingly Republicans
Get your story straight bro.
Didn't the FBI just arrest some Democrat like 3 months ago who had rigged every election in PA for the last 8 years?
Pretty sure that was PA. His name was Mike meyers
>>
>>1116751
>the only fraud in my state, PA, was Republicans
Oh yeah here he is.
This dude rigged elections for 8 years straight in PA.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/former-us-congressman-and-philadelphia-political-operative-sentenced-30-months-prison
Good ol democrat from PA, rigging and commiting fraud for Democrats... And doing it systematically

The Republicans in your state that committed fraud were probably the common "person votes on behalf of recently dead spouse", which you zero in on because it's a conservative vote, but you ignore the massive systemic voter fraud your party is commiting
>>
>>1116758
>audits are rare
Audits are extremely common, every race and every election has an audit. It’s called counting and tabulating the vote. It’s how all the Republican fraudsters were caught.
>>
>>1116764
>>1116766
Dude rigging primary votes. Why do I care about this?
>>
>>1116769
Exactly, you don't care. The dude systematically rigs democrat elections and you don't care because of his team
>>
>>1116769
The dude literally gets paid by Democrat candidates to rig their elections.
They pay him, he rigs their elections they are in. He pays people and gives them instructions on how to rig the voting process, and he did it for nearly a decade.
You think he's the only fucking democrat that does this? Fuck no.
Anon, it's corrupt as fuck.
>>
>>1116773
Excuse me, but um, he only cheated in primaries so, um yeah it doesn't count. So yeah Republicans are vote suppressors.
>>
>>1116772
Parties chose candidates in all kinds of ways. In VA where my mom votes the Republican Party didn’t even let their voters weigh in, the “elite” just picked candidates.
Primaries are not the general.
You probably didn’t read and assumed it was the general.
>>
New johvakin just dropped
https://youtu.be/hSyg4xfcNv4
Joe brings American politics to Skyrim
>>
>>1116774
>I have fake outrage about the other party’s primaries.
Cool.
>just ignore the actual proven republican fraud in the general election.
Pure cope.
>>
>>1116753
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>1116775
I knew it was the primaries, that doesn't change the fact that there are proven major Democrat figures that are paid to rig elections.
The anon I was replying to said "all voter fraud in PA is Republicans" and I just btfo him proving there is a racket of corrupt Democrat politicians who are paying off democrat operatives to rig elections for them in PA for the last decade
>>1116777
Don't have to fake shit. Republicans don't do this sort of blatant election rigging and voter fraud. Stochastic members of their party vote on behalf of their recently dead spouse which is nothing like the systemic election rigging and election fraud i just proved Democrats pay other Democrats to do
>>
>>1116783
Meds
>>
>>1116783
republicans don't rig elections, they just have russia do it for them.
>>
>>1116758
>If
So something that doesn't happen unless Republicans do it to prove it happens.
>>
>>1116773
Good post
>>
>>1116799
If shitty 3rd world countries can rig American elections. Maybe we should take election integrity more seriously?
>>
>>1116825
>>1116799
Russia never "rigged" our elections. They interfered through social media and hacked DNC leaks. Nobody accused Russia of manipulating or submitting fraudulent ballots. Its a completely different claim than the one Trump makes.
>>
>>1116827
Correct, russia hacked our election
>>
>>1116827
>Russia hacked the DNC serves and showed the country how corrupt Hillary was
>this is no bueno
>>
>>1116828
They hacked DNC servers. They didn't alter ballots or vote tabulations. Its important to be accurate.

>>1116829
Firstly, Hillary hasn't been charged or convicted with anything so your allegations of corruption are just your feelings. Secondly, its a really strange, horrifically idiotic position to support foreign nations illegally spying and hacking our political institutions because it benefits your favorite party. That's beyond retarded.
>>
>>1116839
>Nooo! The hekking Russians cant just show us what an utter shitbag Hillary is! How dare the voters be given an informed choice!
It was her turn, right?
>>
>>1116839
Wrong, Russia hacked our election. Jen psaki confirmed this.
>>
>>1116844
Citation?
>>
>>1116827
>They interfered through social media
You could say Denmark and Sweden interfered through social media because of all the Bernie bros located there posting on reddit and twitter.
>and hacked DNC leaks.
False. That was Seth Rich.

All this Russia blaming is by Democrat Hillary shills that are eternally butthurt that Hillary lost to Donald Trump because Hillary is actually a fucking terrible person.
>>
>>1116886
Nice Cope. Mueller's investigation proved russia hacked our election and fabricated documents about Hillary
>>
>>1116844
>>1116893
You're retarded but the Russians really did try to interfere.
>>
>>1116873
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/psaki-says-russia-hacked-2016-election-during-briefing-on-combating-disinformation
You knew she lied like this already though, your just sealioning
>>
>>1116899
If the Washington Examiner said she lied then it must be true.
>>
>>1116899
>>1116900
who said it was a lie? the russians did hack our election and mueller proved it.
>>
>>1116912
This is the first I've heard of this. How did they supposedly hack it then?
>>
>>1116913
count alteration via tabulation machines
>>
>>1116913
They... put memes on Facebook? HOW COULD THEY? THE MONSTERS!
>>
>>1116920
[citation needed]
>>
>>1116920
No offense but it sounds like you've been watching as many rumble and odysee videos as the election deniers.
>>
>>1116921
https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/11/20/1039076/facebook-google-disinformation-clickbait/
>How Facebook and Google fund global misinformation
>>
>>1116927
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/us/politics/russian-hacking-elections.html

Cope repugniQlan
>>
>>1116931
>paywall

Anyway, no votes were altered, no voter records were altered either. Some "hack".
>>
>>1115958
>leftists love to hold up EU shitholes as shining examples of how america should be run
>those countries laugh at us and are in disbelief when they find out we don't have something as simple as voter ID
>we require ID to drive, but the direction of the country and your state are left up to "we just found these votes in an abandoned oil barrel, must be legit lol"
why do leftists hate transparency?
>>
>>1116933
T. Russian bot
>>
>>1116942
This shit is taken care of during voter registration when you have to provide a partial social security number or driver's license that's matched against government records to vote in federal elections in the first place. If you don't provide either of those during registration, it's required under federal law that first time voters at least provide documentation with their name and address. It's so fucking tiresome how republicucks continually spout the same bullshit about no federal photo ID requirements while completely neglecting to mention the rules already in place to verify voter identity, nevermind the fact that there's no evidence of any large scale fraud taking place that stands any chance of swinging elections.
>>
>>1116966
>It's so fucking tiresome how republicucks continually spout the same bullshit about no federal photo ID requirements while completely neglecting to mention the rules already in place to verify voter identity, nevermind the fact that there's no evidence of any large scale fraud taking place that stands any chance of swinging elections.
Source? I literally just signed my name and address on a piece of paper when I registered.
>>
>>1116966
pretty ironic that they're constantly making accusations of voter fraud when they literally had the russians hacking our elections
>>
>>1116966
>This shit is taken care of during voter registration when you have to provide a partial social security number or driver's license that's matched against government records to vote in federal elections in the first place
False as FUCK
I lived in cali for two decades.
Federal voter registration is picking up a slip and any DMV, post office or I'm sure other govt buildings, checking a box that says "register me to vote", filling out my name, address, birth date and mailing it In

Here you go bro check it out yourself.
https://covr.sos.ca.gov/?step=1
All you have to do is select "I don't have a driver's license" and "I don't know my social security number" and you can register anyone you want at any address in Cali all day long
>>
>>1116966
Why do you lie when the truth is so much easier?

>>1116969
Why do you simp for people that want you dead?
>>
>>1116913
Not him, but Psaki was correct that Russia hacked the 2016 election where they got into multiple states voter rolls, however they did not alter anything. Of course this doesn't stop the right wing from pushing likes about what happened by pushing the lie that hacking equals changing votes.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/22/wisconsin-one-20-states-targeted-russian-hacking-elections-systems-2016/694719001/

Also 12 Russians were charged as a result.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44825345

Your move.
>>
>>1116982
>got into multiple states voter rolls
>"did not alter anything"
>yeah but our elections are totally safe and secure guys, nothing to see here
Why were voter rolls filled with people who didn't live at the location? (vacant lots, overpasses, businesses who had no residential tenants to receive mail, etc)

Why do so many people continue to get multiple ballots, or they get sent to addresses they never lived at, or have since moved away from and changed their registration for?

Why are you such a faggot that hates transparency?

Your move.
>>
>>1116973
Total pwnage, anon
Nice
>>
>>1116984
Refresh my memory.
How many voter rolls did the Russians manage to hack into in 2020?
>>
>>1116982
Thanks for confirming what we already knew, that Trump was elected by Russian hackers. Not Americans.
>>
>>1117013
Why not both?
>>
>>1117013
WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence President Donald Trump’s campaign “conspired or coordinated” with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election
>>
>>1117029
if 3 investigations and 20 arrests were connected to anyone but their dear leader, conservatives would be flooding the internet with conspiracy theories. i guess when it comes to trump it's just all just a big coincidence, right?
>>
>>1117029
You forgot to mention this was Barr speaking on Muller's behalf and he was running a cover up for Trump.
>>
>>1117033
>20 arrests
How many for "collusion"?

>>1117034
>yeah, I have no idea how special prosecutors work
>>
>>1117042
>Defending a cover up by Barr
>>
>>1117042
>How many for "collusion"?
Precisely zero.
In fact, I'm pretty sure the only arrest warrants they filed that had anything to do with the original purpose of the probe were against russians
>>
>>1115958
>Votes that could not be verified voted against vote verification
Voting should be in person and should be over a three-day weekend
>>
>>1116000
But asked to register your firearms and that is fascism?
>>
>>1117010
The trick isn't finding out how many, it's finding out why they won't even look into it. Even documentaries like Kill Chain (on your favorite goyslop trough, Netflix) easily demonstrated how simple it is. Again, why do you hate having all the facts brought to light? What do you gain from having the truth concealed?
>>
>>1117139
All firearms are registered upon purchase, retard. You have clearly never even gone into a firearm store and tried to purchase one. Have fun being a simp for a political party that hates you lmao
>>
>>1117139
Moving the goalposts and yes. We're talking about IDs and how requiring an ID for one right is okay but for another is not. Stay on topic.
>>
>>1117150
Federal law prohibits a universal, national gun registry.[4] Eight states prohibit state-level gun registries. Only Hawaii requires registration of all firearms, while only a few states require registration of certain firearms. Only three states (Ill., Mass., and N.J.) require a license for all guns. New York requires a license for handguns.

From NRA legal documents.
>>
>>1117154
NTA but your purchase isn't registered, but it is required that they verify your identity, citizenship, and whether you can legally obtain a firearm. comparing gun ownership to voting seems like an asinine comparison to me, but for the sake of argument acquiring a gun is definitely a more involved process than voting.
>>
>>1117154
>here's a bunch of shit that sounds like a refutation of what you said, but is actually not related at all
Thanks for wasting everyone's time :)
>>
>>1117150
A 4473 is not a registration, it's a record of the transfer. I live in a state that has one. It's only useful purpose is to confiscate firearms. No one is safer because the state has a list of everyone with a gun. Nor does the state really know where the guns are because if I sell them to a crack dealer for cash, I'm not notifying the state.
>>
>>1117155
Proof?
>>
Republicans war on democracy continues in Ohio
https://news.wosu.org/2022-11-21/voter-rights-coalition-pushes-back-on-elections-bills-in-lame-duck
>>
>>1117237
Which part do you need proof for exactly?
>>
>>1116973
>I lived in cali for two decades.
Federal voter registration is picking up a slip and any DMV, post office or I'm sure other govt buildings, checking a box that says "register me to vote", filling out my name, address, birth date and mailing it In
Those details should be enough to verify your identity when you go to vote for the first time, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.
>All you have to do is select "I don't have a driver's license" and "I don't know my social security number" and you can register anyone you want at any address in Cali all day long
First time voters are required under federal law to show some form of identification if they opt out of providing a ss# or driver's license during registration regardless of whether they're voting in person or by mail. The identification doesn't necessarily need to be a photo ID, but it does need to be consistent with the personal information you provided during registration.
>>
>>1117690
>First time voters are required under federal law to show some form of identification if they opt out of providing a ss#
Nope.
Lie.
Provide proof. Show a ca website that says this specific thing
>>
>>1117691
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help_America_Vote_Act#Voter_identification?wprov=sfla1
Under "Voter Identification"
>>
>>1117693
>HAVA requires that first-time voters who registered by mail, and have not previously voted in a federal election in the State, to present a form of identification to the appropriate State or local election official before or on election day
Well there you go. DMV or online isn't registering by mail, is it?
There is already a link in here proving you can register to vote online with CA without ss or id
>>
>>1116077
>A legitimate election, at this time of day, at this time of year, at this latitude?
>Yes
>May I see it
>No
Gotta hand it to you Seymour, you steam a good election
>>
>>1117732
>Why are you talking about Florida's corrupt election?
>>
>>1117732
Kek
Underrated post, anon.
I got a good laugh. Keep it up.
>>
>>1117694
Read the rest of the paragraph, faggot.
>The ID requirement applies to in person and vote by mail voters. In the case of a vote by mail voter, a copy of the ID must be submitted with the ballot. A State may enact further ID requirements which aren't specified under HAVA.
>>
>>1117749
And what forms of ID can be used?
>a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document.
>>
>>1116966
>write down fake name and address
>get pushed through because there is no way they're going to backround check while thousands upon thousands of people are waiting to vote

Damn, so hard. Almost as if this could be circumvented with an ID that already verified all this information. If you're to retarded or irresponsible to get your documentation in order, something that is incredibly important for living in todays society, then you seriously don't deserve to vote.
>>
>>1117758
The issue is that if you're going to put up a roadblock between a person and voting, even if its as simple as a form of ID, you need to have a good reason. So far the reason Republicans are providing is some vague claim of voter fraud that they can't even prove exists. Its a big ask to demand that states completely overhaul their election laws due to some problem that they have no proof happens. Seems like a pretty open and shut case of "prove it".
>>
>>1117758
If you didn't provide a social security # or driver's license during registration, you would still need to bring some kind of document with you that verifies your name and address at the very least.

>>1117755
If the documentation is recent and verifies someone's name and address, what exactly is the issue?
>>
>>1117755
Well that doesn't verify voting eligibility very well
>>
>>1115958
>ID voter suppression law
In southamerica we have that shit since forever.
amerimutts are trully retarded
>>
>>1117764
>If you didn't provide a social security # or driver's license during registration, you would still need to bring some kind of document with you that verifies your name and address at the very least.

You could literally just open up LaTeX or Word, look up what an official document looks like then just easily forge it. It is significantly harder to forge an ID and people that do generally aren't getting it to vote.

>>1117759
>you need to have a good reason
To verify that you're a citizen of the country you're in that you are voting for. This is the reason. If you aren't a citizen you shouldn't get to vote. It doesn't even matter if voter fraud is happening or not, it's a basic principal that every single other country enacts, but for some reason it's only a problem in the USA. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend. But again, you people don't give a shit, you just want more votes for blue candidates.
>>
>>1117793
>millions of people are out there forging documents so they can vote when they shouldn’t
This must be true. Otherwise the political party that caters exclusively to crazy religious zealots and the ultra rich would win every election.
What a unique level of stupidity you exist in. Happy Thanksgiving!
>>
>>1117764
>If you didn't provide a social security # or driver's license during registration, you would still need to bring some kind of document with you that verifies your name and address at the very least.
All I know is that in CA this is not the case. I can register online and select I don't know my DL number or ss number and I will be registered and sent a ballot, with no further questions asked
>>
>>1117984
>no further questions asked
Wrong. The county registrar has to confirm you meet eligibility requirements before they assign you a voting ID number.
Your long running denial of reality really is something.
>>
>>1117987
You have no evidence of this but the evidence to the contrary is a CA state website that doesn't mention anything of what you claim, i seriously think your making this up as you go
>>
>>1117991
I just went and checked and it is quite clear that the CA state website agrees with me. You just btfo yourself.
>>
1118002
Fake AF troll bait anon just admit your wrong or making it up.
An anon in this thread already posted the link to the ca website letting anyone register to vote without id or social.
Your just making shit up now and your acting the part great of a lying leftist.
Typical for your kind
>>
>>1118004
> Once your county elections official processes your affidavit of registration, determines your eligibility to register, and validates your information, your registration becomes permanent and your provisional ballot will be counted.
Yeah. You are btfo. By the CA website. Suck it up loser.
>>
>>1117984
>All I know is that in CA this is not the case. I can register online and select I don't know my DL number or ss number and I will be registered and sent a ballot, with no further questions asked
Again, if you didn't provide a ss# or driver's license during registration, then you must bring some kind of recent documentation that verifies your name and address when you vote. You might get a ballot sent to you, but you still have to include that documentation with it when you mail it in in order for it to actually be processed. Otherwise, your ballot will be sent back to you for failing to meet verification standards if it's not immediately trashed by some random poll worker.
>>
>>1118035
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true and your free to provide a California source that backs up your claim, because it *really* sounds like your pulling this lie deep out of your cratered ass
>>
Someone in here provided a source proving anyone can register online to vote in CA without ss or DL.
Anyone who claims otherwise is free to provide a source, yet they can't after repeated requests, so they are probably lying.
>>
>>1118042
See:
>>1118006
That is the California source. You were wrong, suck it up.
>>
>The California source is my post
Lmao retard ok
>>
>>1118043
That source does not say that it says:
> Once your county elections official processes your affidavit of registration, determines your eligibility to register, and validates your information, your registration becomes permanent and your provisional ballot will be counted.
>>
>>1118047
Doesn't say that
https://covr.sos.ca.gov/
>>
>>1118051
I copied that text from:
https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/registering-vote
That’s the same source. Learn to read.
>>
>>1118052
Don't need Id or ss
>How will I identify myself when registering to vote?
>The voter registration application asks for your driver license or California identification card number, or you can use the last four numbers on your Social Security card. If you do not have a driver license, California identification card or Social Security card, you may leave that space blank. Your county elections official will assign a number to you that will be used to identify you as a voter.
Thanks for the self own anon
>>
>>1118042
>Just because you say it, doesn't make it true and your free to provide a California source that backs up your claim
It's federal law, we've already been over this multiple times ITT.

https://www.findlaw.com/voting/my-voting-guide/federal-voter-id-requirements--the-help-america-vote-act--hava-.html
>HAVA mandates that any new registrant (voters who have not registered to vote prior to 2002 or voters re-registering in a different county or location since that time) must provide either a driver's license or the last four digits of his or her social security number at the time of registration. If the voter does not have either of these forms of identification, then he or she must provide proof of identity at the polling booth when they go to vote.
>The following are some examples of documents allowed in some states to establish identity at a voting booth (states may require 1 or more of certain types of these documents):
>Driver's license or state ID card
>Passport
>Employee ID
>Student ID
>Military ID
>Utility bills
>Bank statements
>Paychecks
>Concealed Handgun licenses
>>
>>1117934
>Florida enacts strict voting laws, requiring an ID and such
>Republicans win by landslides in every field

You act as if giving a fake name and address along with a fake social that no one is going to check is some monumental task instead of a bullshit one that they can do on the spot.
>>
>>1118079
>then he or she must provide proof of identity at the polling booth when they go to vote.
Which doesn't happen with unverifiable mail in ballots .. nobody ever enters a polling station. Law circumvented
>>
>>1118056
> you may leave that space blank.
> Once your county elections official processes your affidavit of registration, determines your eligibility to register, and validates your information, your registration becomes permanent and your provisional ballot will be counted.
You are dumb. Like really dumb. Thanks for the ongoing self-own though.
>>
>>1118087
>boomers, the republican base, move to Florida turning it red
>this, this must mean something else entirely
It does explain why the upper mid west which trump won in 2016 is drifting blue. Those voters are now in Florida waiting to die.
>>
>>1118095
See:>>1117749
>>The ID requirement applies to in person and vote by mail voters. In the case of a vote by mail voter, a copy of the ID must be submitted with the ballot. A State may enact further ID requirements which aren't specified under HAVA.
So, no, you can't get out of verifying your identity by mailing the ballot instead.
>>
>>1118150
It is pleasing that they have gone silent now that their talking points are refuted with facts from their own “source”.
>>
>>1118117
>completely ignoring all the New England denizens that move down to Florida in which many of them come from New York

I see NYC license plates literally every time I go out to drive.
>>
>>1118164
Yes? Many MAGAs from NY also move to FL.
Two things can be true at the same time.
>>
>>1118164
>what are collage students
>>
>>1118173
People learning how to craft collages?
>>
>>1118116
This amuses me. It’s not often that people get btfo by their own source. Notice they gave up after this.
>>
>>1118165
And NYC is a notoriously blue city. As the state itself is too. There are way more Democrats up there than MAGA folks.

>>1118173
You mean boomers and snow birds?
>>
>>1117793
>but for some reason it's only a problem in the USA
It's not a problem
>>
>>1118087
That's not evidence of voter fraud
>>
>>1118210
>New York state
>New York city
These are different places dumb dumb.
>>
>>1118247
Conservatives don't understand that different places can have the same name.
Like the one dumbass who thought El Paso County was the City of El Paso.
>>
>>1118247
>>1118376
Did you retards even read their post?
>>
>>1118382
I did, thanks. Rural NY is not blue - the poster in question is retarded.
>>
>>1118392
>Rural NY is not blue - the poster in question is retarded
The other poster didn't say that either
The poster who wrote this post >>1118392
would be the retard
>>
>>1118416
Wrong. Whoever said this is the retard:
>There are way more Democrats up there than MAGA folks.
It is simply wrong.
>>
>>1118425
>It is simply wrong.
No retard
NY state has more Democrats than MAGA folk
It's a blue state
It's a notoriously blue state (even if it has many rural red counties)
Just like the other poster said
>>
>>1118429
of 62 counties, only 21 voted for biden. of those 21, only 5 of them were rural / non-coastal.

biden received 8% of NY's rural vote.
>>
>>1118429
>upstate New York
>ignoring NYC
>admits rural upstate NY counties are red
Are you really retarded? I am not just slinging insults, you cannot actually be this dumb and still use a keyboard.
>>
>>1118436
Make some kind of point or argument, enough accusations in a mirror
>>
>>1118439
You are arguing that rural upsate NY is blue. The counter argument to that is that only a retard would believe that.
>>
>>1118445
Not him, but NY is a deep blue state. Zeldin coming within 15 points is an amazing result for Republicans.
>>
>>1118447
Up-state NY by definition excludes NYC anon. Up-state NY is red.
>>
>>1118445
>You are arguing that rural upsate NY is blue
No, not at all
>>
>>1118504
Someone was. I agree the Gov vote was surprising. NY Dems fucked up their whole redistricting then nominating process this cycle.
>>
>>1118524
>Someone was
But not anyone in this thread
>>
>>1118527
Yes, in this thread.
>>
>>1118528
I'm not believing you, no one is arguing that
>>
>>1118529
I was arguing that. And I was wrong. Sorry anon
>>
>>1118247
>>1118376
>calls conservatives stupid
>can't even read sentences properly

Is this the power of being an ""intellectual""?
>>
>>1118719
See
>>1118435
>>1118436
>>
>>1118435
Yet the counties outside NYC voted 53% for Biden. So it's not by a lot outside of NYC, but the entire state is blue.
Fuck off.
>>
>>1118862
wrong bitch. biden received 46% of the vote outside NYC. 2559644 vs 2922344. suck a d, retard homo
>>
>>1115958
Voter ID isn't fascism.
>>
>>1118864
you have the numbers backwards, it's 2.9 million for biden
>>
>>1118867
prove it.
>>
>>1118865
With how Republicans implement it it is.
>>
>>1118868
Biden and Trump got 5,244,886 and 3,251,995 votes in NY, respectively

The total votes for the 5 NYC counties are 2,321,759 (biden) and 691,682 (trump)

5,244,886 - 2,321,759 = 2,923,127 (biden)
3,251,995 - 691,682 = 2,560,313 (trump)

data is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election_in_New_York#By_county

i'm guessing you did something similar and either made a mistake or swapped the numbers on purpose.
>>
>>1118909
i consneed
>>
>>1118895
>Muh stupid scripted answer
Source?
>>
>>1115958
Explain to me how having to present a drivers license is voter suppression. Are minorities too stupid to go to the DMV in your world? Pretty racist if you ask me.
>>
>>1118974
Hell I guess you don't even need a drivers license. Birth certificate, green card, etc... anything you can use to prove you live here legally is most likely yours.
>>
>>1116006
Voting is literally a privilege. There's no constitutional right to vote kek
>>
>>1116103
>t. same person to use twitter as a news aggregator



[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.