[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 1660746256442995.gif (2.34 MB, 1336x1358)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB GIF
https://news.yahoo.com/ron-desantis-wasn-t-actually-032512822.html

On Hannity Monday night, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis attempted to dismiss accusations that he engaged in a stunt when he flew about 50 migrants to Martha’s Vineyard last week, instead claiming that President Joe Biden engaged in “the biggest stunt” by not going along with his predecessor’s immigration policies.

While some have accused the governor of “political human trafficking,” Sean Hannity helped DeSantis portray his actions as acceptable to the public at large and welcomed by the migrants themselves.

“Just for the record: this was voluntary. All migrants were put up in hotels, given accommodations, they were fed, they were showered, they were offered haircuts and any other services that were needed, correct?” Hannity asked.

“Yeah,” DeSantis replied briskly. “And not only that — they all signed consent forms to go. And then the vendor that is doing this for Florida provided them with a packet that had a map of Martha’s Vineyard. It had the numbers for different services on Martha’s Vineyard. And then it had numbers for the overall agencies in Massachusetts that handle things involving immigration and refugees. So it was voluntary. And all of the other nonsense you’re hearing is just not true.”

The “nonsense” DeSantis is referring to could be allegations from migrants that they were transported under false pretenses. Some Democrats have also supported investigations into possible civil rights violations and kidnapping.

>confirms the pamphlet given to migrants is real
>claims they signed documents as release
This man is a fucking moron, of course he's the second-runner for 2024.
>>
Republican 2022/2024 platform is human trafficking, apparently. what the fuck is going on with this party?
>>
>>1096433
>>1096435
>Migrants can't consent REEEEE
Pathetic
>>
>>1096435
>It's only okay when WE do it!
>>
>>1096433
>democrats throw open the border and catch&release illegals by the millions into red states to gain political advantage
>DIVERSITY IS (((OUR))) STRENGTH YOURE A RACIST IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
>deports illegals or relocates them into neighborhood of rich nimby assholes for a little trolling
>NOOOOO YOU CANT DO THIS HUMAN TRAFFICKING WORSE THAN HITLER REREEEEEEEEE
Getting real sick of your shit, troons
>>
>>1096435
That's right. We're going to Deport you Democrats back to Venezuela so you can live in a leftist paradise.
Get ready for no food.
>>
>Be me liberal
>Don't care that they ship illegal immigrants everywhere using the same tactics
>Trained to bark on my master's order
>I'll stick up for the billionaires I just got done saying I want to eat
>I'm not even a person, but I think I'm smarter than you
>>
Do you need to turn your brain off before or after becoming rebulican? When you decide to become a republican do you instantly drop 30 IQ points or is it a position that attracts people who are already dunces?
>>
>>1096523
No turning your brain off is how you become a Democrat.
>>
>>1096523
The generous explanation is that they're just pretending to be retarded because trolling libs is the only platform they have now.
The more realistic explanation is that they were that retarded the whole time, and exposure to meth and exploitative 'christianity' is rotting their brains further.
>>
>>1096611
>we're getting trounced for our retarded beliefs
>better ad hom and claim it's Christianity that's the problem
Christopobes aren't even human.
>>
>>1096617
you're not even a real christian. you're just a satanist.
>>
>>1096620
True. I'm not a Christian. I'm a atheist.
One of your bigger problems is that you think the opposition to your insanity is Christian.
Even if that were true, you're still insane.
>>
>human trafficking

hahaha. Desantis packing another flight set for Delaware as we speak.
>>
>>1096650
did he lie to them too?
>>
>>1096652
Why would he have to? Delaware is beautiful this time of the year.
>>
>>1096654
Well evidently the last group didn't care about that. They just filed a lawsuit against DeSantis specifically.
>>
>>1096652
Doesnt matter, without a lot of OTHER paperwork involved its still illegal human trafficking because they are undocumented, illegal immigrants.

like fuck the state/federal id. where's there green card? what articles are their immigration covered under?

you literally can't just drive illegal immigrants across state lines, muchless fly them, without paperwork to make it legal. usually this involves some sorta explanation of what work they will be doing and what sorta tax status they are under.

without those things, its human trafficking. doesnt matter that its done for a political stunt. doesnt matter if its done so martha's vineyard has cheap landscaping. no paperwork, no legality. go straight to jail like the dipshits you are.
>>
>>1096658
Cool. Not going to stop the flights.
>>
>>1096659
To be fair, only 2 of them were illegal. The other 48 were asylum seekers here legally... which makes DeSantis kidnapping them worse.
>>
>>1096660
Cool. I'll look forward to additional charges against him. Hope you weren't looking forward to him as a 2024 candidate.
>>
>>1096663
>lawsuit against a governor is going to eliminate his candidacy

Abbotts got some more coming too.
>>
>>1096665
Maybe not just a lawsuit. But a lawsuit along with two criminal investigations (One from Texas, one from Massachusetts) will do it.

At least Abbott was smart enough not to hand out brochures lying to his groups. It'll take a bit longer for someone to come for his ass, though he'll probably lose his position to the next election first.
>>
>>1096669
Sounds cool. Keep that confidence.
>>
>>1096440
There's a difference between a program to help migrants settle and become thriving citizens, and human trafficking across state lines with lies about where they were taking them and the aid they would receive.
>>
>>1096683
Yes, one makes money for NGOs, the other makes Democrats look bad.
>>
>>1096686
>One of them is legal and a humane program and the other is illegal and exploits people for political gain.

FTFY
>>
>>1096692
So you're saying there aren't NGOs making millions to relocate immigrants despite the federal paychecks?
Interesting.
>>
>>1096703
can you prove there are, and by what methods they are skimming this money?
That sounds like a pretty major crime you should report, if you do have proof.
>>
>>1096683
we already know there was ample housing and jobs available at the vineyard. nimbies just couldn't take it.
>>
Oh look resident Anime-Pedo has awoken from zes diabetic HRT coma to once again shit all over the board. Remember to KYS today shill
>>
>>1096730
Why does this story make you seethe so much?
>>
>>1096730
Best post I've seen on this board.
>>
>>1096439
Consent must be informed. That's pretty much contract law 101 and the basis of a shitton of felonies.

If they were trafficked under false promises of the nature of the travel, that's kidnapping, doesn't fucking matter what they fucking signed.

It's not "the plans fell through" if there were never any plans in the first place.

Do you not fucking remember Fyre Festival?
>>
>>1096810
>consent must be informed
>it doesn't matter that they were informed and consented
Kys
>>
>>1096811
It matters when what they were informed and consented to was not the thing that they actually did. That's something called "lying".

Honestly this was a pretty retarded decision on DeSantis' part, mostly because you decide to screw people over for political points yet did so by sending them to make friends with an island full of lawyers. I'm sure their new friends have a lot to say to him.
>>
>>1096811
The fact they're taking DeSantis to court AND DeSantis refuses to say if he ordered it shows he's got a case against him.
He's going to get blown out in civil court, the question is will criminal charges come.
>>
>>1096824
>>1096903
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME PROVIDE SERVICES I PROMISED I'D PROVIDE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>1096824
He told them he was sending them to a place where there would be housing and jobs available. All of that much was true. Unfortunately the residents of Martha's Vineyard refused to provide shelter or employment in a brazen act of callousness.
>>
>>1096977
They were more than willing to help them file their lawsuits though. Sending your political pawns to a bunch of lawyers houses probably isn’t a smart move in the long run.
>>
>>1096977
They thought they were going to Boston.
If those migrants were dropped off at a Boston govt office, with whatever TX/FL official going in and telling those workers that these migrants were their problem now, DeSantis would have the high ground for this suit.
Conservatives can't help but shoot themselves in the dick trying to own the libs though.
>>
>>1096977
>All of that much was true. Unfortunately the residents of Martha's Vineyard refused to provide shelter or employment in a brazen act of callousness.
Martha's Vineyard isn't a Sanctuary City. That'd literally be illegal.
>>
>>1096908
>NOOOO IT DOESNT COUNT IF YOU DONT DO 10000 THINGS I SAY YOU HAVE TO IN ORDER TO "HELP"
children screeching that their 'trick' didnt work out. nothing more
>>
>>1097089
You faggots do this all the time.
>>
>>1097102
>source? my HIV+ anus
>>
>>1097102
>admits he's just impotently screeching into the wind.... on a mongolian fishing tips forum
great job. I'm sure your message will reach a whole dozen people here
>>
>>1097164
Well, if that were true, leftists wouldn't insist on attempting to occupy this space.
>>
>>1097169
been our space before stormchunk vomitted all over it. when obama was elected, mofos here were happy and hoping to see some fat old fucks blow a blood vessel over jiggaboo in the white house. because nobody gave a fuck about the political side, just that rich powerful fucks were seething.
gb2 /storm/ faggot
>>
>>1097668
Never was. Never will be.
>>
>>1096435
Shut up faggot.
>>
>>1097675
NTA, but LMAO @ U.
>>
>>1097668
No we weren't you lying wigger
>>
>>1097676
>>1097692
waaaah newfag tears, or stormfag tears. same thing this time. people used to say "if you keep acting like retards, retards will show up and think they're in good company"
and now here we are. with stormfags thinking they actually belong because they're too stupid to lurk.
>>
>>1097836
God you really are an oldfag commie homo aren't you.
Why didn't you grow up?
Are you on disability or something? Did the jokes about traps not being gay not come across as jokes to you?
What's the story here, sperg?
We failed you. Sorry.
>>
>>1097838
>he thought people were just memeing when they said "you're here forever"
lulz
>>
The hypocrisy is so thick you can bludgeon people to death with it.
>>
>>1096488
>you aren’t allowed to be mad at our mostly peaceful protests.
Rebulicans need a diaper change.
>>
>>1098729
>Biden needs a diaper change.
FTFY
>>
>>1096810
>Consent must be informed. That's pretty much contract law 101 and the basis of a shitton of felonies.
Oops, sounds like there's going to be a lot of lawsuits over the vaccines!
>>
>>1096903
>The fact they're taking DeSantis to court
Oh, that means he's guilty. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me, chucklefuck.
>>
>>1096683
How about Biden flying illegals into cities under the cover of darkness? That's been a thing for a long time now. Those that support open borders should have to deal with the consequences as much as the states that comprise the border. No? Lots of things are illegal but the government does it anyway. You only care when it makes your "side" look bad? It's legal to take my taxes for the purpose of killing babies or launching a hellfire missile at a wedding in Yemen, but flying fifty people to a vacation spot for rich people is beyond the pale. Got it. This country can't break up fast enough as far as I'm concerned. I dream of the day leftists get everything they say they want and the rest of us nearly die laughing at the results. Let's partition this bitch up and you guys can show the rest of the world how to be the shining city on the hill.
>>
>>1099116
>literally pulls shit out of his ass and throws it
>complains about the smell
this is republicans in a nutshell.
>>
>>1096435
>they crossed state lines!!!
>>
>>1099180
homophobe.
>>
Yes Democrats are hypocrites, yes Republicans are treated unfairly, and no it’s not going to stop because Republicans aren’t willing to do shit about it. They agree with too many Democrat premises to ever successfully challenge them. Go ahead Republicans, say some bullshit like “Democrats are the real fascists” or something like that lol. What a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>1096433
sounds like he is doing damage control as fast as he can before getting fucked... 50 witnesses it seems like.
>>
>>1099237
Is this bait? Can't tell if serious.
>>
>tranime pedophile shill thread
Kill yourself piece of shit demorat libtard pedophile
>>
>>1099242
Which part seems unserious?
>>
>>1096433
you're a fucking idiot if you think the monoparty is ever going to convict itself for the things its been doing for decades. eat your goyslop and keep consuming propaganda you mindless retard.
>>
>>1099252
>having a public meltdown over randos on a malaysian basket weaving forum
>>
>>1096435
OH NO, NOT THE RICHERINOS. NOT THE HECKIN 1%ER MARTHAS VINEYARDINOS.
>>
>>1100791
You mean "Migrant's Vineyard".
>>
>>1100792
kek

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.