[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 17 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 1648824784618.png (513 KB, 589x670)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
House, Senate panels starting this week consider changes to 135-year-old Electoral Count Act
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/house-senate-panels-starting-week-consider-changes-135-year-old-electoral-count#article
House and Senate committees starting this week will begin work on measures to change how U.S. presidential election votes are counted and certified – including possibly amending the 135-year-old Electoral Count Act and clarifying the vice president's role in the process.

The House Rules Committee will take up a still-unseen, bipartisan bill Tuesday titled the Presidential Election Reform Act with a floor vote as early as Thursday, according to Roll Call.

The Senate Rules and Administration Committee announced Friday it will work on a bipartisan bill later this month to revamp the 1887 law and clarify what happens during presidential transitions.

Still, both committees have little time to draft final legislation and get it passed, considering there are few legislative days remaining before the Nov. 8 elections that will decide whether Democrats keep their majority in the House and Senate.

The chairwoman of the Senate committee, Minnesota Democrat Sen. Amy Klobuchar, and the panel's top Republican, Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, say the "markup" of their bill will be on Sept. 27 – just days before the Senate is set to leave Capitol Hill until after the November elections.

The Senate legislation would raise the threshold needed for Congress to consider an objection to a state's Electoral College votes – from one in each chamber to one-fifth of the House and Senate. It also will reportedly clarify the vice president's role as "ministerial" when electoral votes are counted, Roll Call also reports.
>>
The efforts follow the 2020 elections in which lawyers for then-President Trump and other legal experts had varying interpretations of the Electoral College law including the authority in the process of a vice president. Rioters on Jan. 6, 2021, attempted to stop Congress' certification of the Electoral College results.

Ten GOP senators have reportedly agreed to the upper chamber bill, which would give the Senate's 50 Democrats the 60 votes needed to at least get a final vote for passage.
>>
>>1096153
About fucking time this happened. But knowing how fucked and Jewish this country is this change will almost certainly be for the worst, charging you extra tax if you vote Republican (even though the two parties are both controlled by Jews anyways but they can tax you anyways because Jews are that privileged)
>>
>>1096153
>https://justthenews.com/
Not a valid news source
>>
>>1096252
Yes, it is
>>
>>1096253
>John Solomon's latest propaganda outlet after he got fired from the already right wing The Hill for being a Trump and Russian operative over Ukraine
Nah
>>
>>1096252
>>1096253
>>1096256
Fuck the news source. Why can't you stupid niggercattle vaxxer normie cattle understand the actual Jewish narrative itself? Fuck you are so stupid stop being normies and driving me insane
>>
>>1096253
There is literally nothing wrong with this article and what your doing is petty
>>
>>1096302
Jews are white
>>
>>1096346
Sure John we all believe you
>>
It will never past because the aristocrats refuse to allow it to happen. They want democracy dead, and the have taken over the republican party to achieve that ends.
>>
>>1096578
We're a republic.
We seriously need them to pass an anti-lobbying bill to fix "democracy" or as a sane person who passed 5th grade would say, "the republic".
>>
>>1096594
“Democracy”: whatever the Democratic Party believes and says it is, including illegally raiding the homes of their political opponents, who are all “fascists.”
>>
>>1096302
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>IM SO FUCKING SANE
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>FUCKING LIBS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>JEWS
>>
>>1096608
Hey, Moishe, this doesn't work on 4chan. Take it to preddit.
>>
>>1096153
Whelp, US is about to officially devolve into mob rule.
gg
>>
>>1096610
You replied. It definitely worked.
>>
>>1096594
>We're a republic.
And a democracy.
>>
>>1096256
>being a Trump and Russian operative over Ukraine
[citation needed]
>>
>>1097638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)#Trump%E2%80%93Ukraine_scandall
>>
>>1097625
No, dumbass. A Republic.
>>
>>1096408
Jews come in many colors
>>
>>1097642
A republic is a form of democracy, dumbass.
>>
>>1096252
Prove it wrong /leftypol/
>>
>>1097707
>you must be from leftypol if you point out John Solomon had Trump's nuts in his mouth for years
Why are you like this?
>>
>>1097640
[citation still needed]

Vaguely quoting a wikipedia article doesn't count anon
>>
>>1097709
>Why are you like this?
Tu quoque, /leftypol/
>>
>>1097716
I'm sorry you didn't pay attention when it happened. He was a laughing stock for several months afterward.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/19/hill-john-solomon-failed-disclose-details-115976
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-parts-ways-with-john-solomon-architect-of-trumps-ukraine-conspiracies
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/483600-the-hills-review-of-john-solomons-columns-on-ukraine/
https://www.justsecurity.org/66962/a-dozen-questions-for-john-solomon/
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/19/impeachment-hearing-journalist-linked-to-bocas-lev-parnas-central-to-gops-trump-defense/2257586007/
>>
>>1097717
Get a new strawman. No one goes to leftypol.
>>
>>1097718
>politico
>thedailybeast
>thehill
>blog
>local rag
Lmao, keep it up
>>
>>1097724
He worked for TheHill, moron.
>>
>>1097719
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Hit /leftypol/ dogs will holler
>>
>>1097726
I've never been to leftypol in my life and if you abuse animals don't talk about it on the internet for your own good
>>
>>1097725
>TheHill isn't valid when Solomon works there
>TheHill is valid when he doesn't
>calls other people morons
Like pottery
>>
>>1097728
Relax /leftypol/, it's an anonymous image board no one can tell... unless you keep outing yourself
>>
>>1097729
Why do you think he was fired from TheHill? (protip: it was for lying about Ukraine for Trump and Guiliani)
>>
>>1097731
I'm not upset I think you are literally crazy for letting an 8kun board live in your head so much. Frankly it's offensive to be associated with it.
>>
>>1097732
[citations still needed]
>>
>>1097734
>REEEEE I'M NOT UPSET REEEEEEEEEEE
Jesus /leftypol/ I said relax, stop sperging out over being outted. It'll pass if you let it.
>>
>>1097735
>it's a shitty gaslighting attempt episode
Ok Anon you win I guess he wasn't fired from the Hill after all and I must be having some mandela effect moment. What's next for this brave new alternate universe of yours?
>>
>>1097738
>going to 8kun
>ever
No thank you anon. But really, when was the last time YOU went to leftypol? They must have done a real number on you back then.
>>
>>1097739
[citations still needed]
>>
>>1097740
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Okay /leftypol/ I'll leave you alone for now, you can stop crying
>>
>>1097743
What did they say to you on leftypol that made you sperg out like this?
>>
>>1097741
Not really. There are plenty of citations already in the thread.
>>
>>1097747
[citations still needed]
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[citations still needed]
>>
>>1097744
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I said you could stop crying /leftypol/ jeeze, it's not like someone told you you'll never be a real woman
>>
>>1097748
>>1097749
>>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's funny because I haven't seen anyone use that since the incel uprising on /r9k/ back in 2010
>>
>>1097751
>/leftypol/ keeps taking the bait and REEEEE'ing
>doesn't understand why he keeps getting outted as /leftypol/
Maybe if you go stim you'll feel better /leftypol/
>>
>>1097753
Like I already told you, I've never been to leftypol in my life and I'll never go. inb4 you namedrop the 12 year old /r9k/ meme again
>>
>>1097754
>keeps taking the bait
>REEEEEEEEE
>keeps taking the bait
>REEEEEEEEE
>keeps taking the bait
>REEEEEEEEE
>keeps taking the bait
>REEEEEEEEE
Typical /leftypol/ autist lmao
>>
>>1097756
I'll go back to leftypol when you go back to the sharty forever
>>
>>1097757
I think you meant to say that to me.
Perchance are you the leftist on here who often thinks everyone they argue with is the same person?
If so, I'm glad that my actions have personally affected you to the point of causing paranoid schizophrenic episodes like this.
Pro tip: I keep telling you that not everyone who disagrees with you online is the same person
Remember to dial 8 for relief
>>
>>1097774
I'm not a leftist. You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing. Is that intentional or are you just autistic enough to not notice?
>>
>>1097776
I was simply asking if you were that person, if your not your not. No need to get personally defensive about it
>>
>>1097776
>I'm not a leftist
Nta but then why do you go to leftypol? Could you be lying?
>>
>>1097785
No one goes to leftypol.
>>
>>1097783
Answer the question.
>>
>>1097789
Why are you taking this so personally? Your question is fallacious. I asked a question and you responded as if I made an accusation. Your question is based upon your own false premise, built upon you misconstruing my post.
Now answer my question: why are you taking it so personally? If it weren't you why not just answer my question with "no, that's not me" but Instead you personally attack me
>>
>>1096153
Bump
>>
Putin, your bots are malfunctioning again. Please put pride in your work.
>>
>>1100721
nice canned post that nobody has ever heard before. you really need new material

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.