[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1652530911367.webm (2.99 MB, 640x800)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-guns-decision-58d01ef8bd48e816d5f8761ffa84e3e8

>WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Thursday struck down a restrictive New York gun law in a major ruling for gun rights.

>The justices’ 6-3 decision is expected to ultimately allow more people to legally carry guns on the streets of the nation’s largest cities — including New York, Los Angeles and Boston — and elsewhere. About a quarter of the U.S. population lives in states expected to be affected by the ruling, the high court’s first major gun decision in more than a decade.

>The ruling comes as Congress is actively working on gun legislation following recent mass shootings in Texas,New York and California.

>Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the majority that the Constitution protects “an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home.”

>In their decision, the justices struck down a New York law requiring people to demonstrate a particular need for carrying a gun in order to get a license to carry one in public. The justices said the requirement violates the Second Amendment right to “keep and bear arms.”

>California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Rhode Island all have similar laws likely to be challenged as a result of the ruling. The Biden administration had urged the justices to uphold New York’s law.
>>
Ban all bullets
>>
>Backers of New York’s law had argued that striking it down would ultimately lead to more guns on the streets and higher rates of violent crime. The decision comes at a time when gun violence already on the rise during the coronavirus pandemic has spiked anew.

>In most of the country gun owners have little difficulty legally carrying their weapons in public. But that had been harder to do in New York and the handful of states with similar laws. New York’s law, which has been in place since 1913, says that to carry a concealed handgun in public, a person applying for a license has to show “proper cause,” a specific need to carry the weapon.

>The state issues unrestricted licenses where a person can carry their gun anywhere and restricted licenses that allow a person to carry the weapon but just for specific purposes such as hunting and target shooting or to and from their place of business.

>The Supreme Court last issued a major gun decision in 2010. In that decision and a ruling from 2008 the justices established a nationwide right to keep a gun at home for self-defense. The question for the court this time was about carrying one outside the home.

Meanwhile, gun control bills are stalling in the House and Senate. Is this the death knell for the gun control movement? Here's hoping!
>>
>packed scotus overturns gun controls in ny
>violence will skyrocket in the city now that anyone can carry freely
>repubs will be all over tv 'LOOK AT THE VIOLENCE IN LIB STRONGHOLDS!! GUN CONTROL DOESNT WORK!!!!'
even an idiot could put it together
>>
Hahahaahahhaahahahahaha get fucked grabbers
>>
>>1061443
Cope, seethe, dilate, etc
>>
only the insecure want guns for something beyond sport shooting or hunting
only the cripplingly fearful want concealed-carry
only the criminally insane want universal open carry
>>
>>1061471
>packed scotus
Debunked ;)
[citation needed]
>repubs will be all over tv 'LOOK AT THE VIOLENCE IN LIB STRONGHOLDS!! GUN CONTROL DOESNT WORK!!!!'
Anon thats where we're at right now with the gun control laws in place. You're on the wrong side of history, sowwy XD
>>
>>1061471
>now that anyone can carry freely
This decision isn't going to enable that. It's most likely just going to force states and cities to switch from may-issue to shall-issue.
>>
>>1061482
>anyone who wants a gun just wants to hurt someone and is a coward
>I know this because I'm a coward who would definitely want to hurt someone if I ever got a gun
You can stop protecting, troonanon.

99% of gun owners are peaceful and there's going to be a whole lot more in urban blue hellscapes now. You can't stop it, you lost. Cope.
>>
>>1061482
Cope and seethe
>>
>>1061484
>This decision isn't going to enable that.
Yes it is
>>
>>1061477
>grabbers
the law before the change wasn't a grabbing law. you do know that, right?
all it required was a reason to get your concealed carry permit, and prevented permits from being handed out for no reason.
'i want this permit to carry because i feel unsafe' is an accepted reason for this permit request.
so, in essence, you're cheering for people having full, unrestricted access to their constitutional right without needing any particular reason other than it is their right.
so allow me to ask, do you also believe anyone should be able to request a no-excuse mail-in ballot?
>>
>>1061498
>blablabla reeeeeeeeee they’re letting them have guns without a REASON reeeeee

Pick up the phone and dial 8.
>>
>>1061495
You have no idea what you're talking about and you're just lashing out like a child. This decision is striking down state and municipal laws that require people to submit a "justifiable" need to obtain a concealed carry license aka may-issue. Shall-issue still forces people to go through a process and background check to obtain a concealed carry license. Gangsters and criminals do not care about these laws.
>>
>>1061498
>all it required was a reason to get your concealed carry permit
Which is unconstitutional and is no longer allowed. Cope.

>'i want this permit to carry because i feel unsafe' is an accepted reason for this permit request.
You've clearly never tried to apply for a pistol permit in NY.

>so, in essence, you're cheering for people having full, unrestricted access to their constitutional right without needing any particular reason other than it is their right.
Uhhhhhh yes. Do you realize how fascist you sound right now, you idiot?

>do you also believe anyone should be able to request a no-excuse mail-in ballot?
If we hold buying a gun to the same standard as voting, I should be able to have guns mailed to my house with no ID or no background check. Or, vice versa, voting now requires an ID and a background check.

Choose your path anon :D
>>
>>1061483
>debunked
lol okay
>trump got 3 seats in 4 years
>including one nominated and confirmed 35 days before the 2020 election
vs
>obama got 2 in 8 years
>not including one nominated 9 months before the 2016 election that numerous R senators chose to block and said was inappropriate to attempt so close to an election
>>
With abortion going away we needed a new way to weed out the violent population and letting them shoot each other up sounds like a good replacement for abortion
>>
>>1061514
>it’s packed because death himself conspired with orange man

Cope.
>>
>>1061508
>You have no idea what you're talking about and you're just lashing out like a child.
Anon I'm pro gun, SCOTUS handed me a victory.

>Shall-issue still forces people to go through a process and background check to obtain a concealed carry license
Not in states that have constitutional carry, which is up next for CA and NY. Prepare your asshole.
>>
>>1061511
>Do you realize how fascist you sound right now, you idiot?
where is your reading comprehension, dipshit?
>Choose your path anon :D
way to not address my question at all
>>
>>1061518
you got it backwards, orange man conspired with death himself
>>
>>1061521
Do you enjoy spreading lies and bait?
>>
>>1061522
NTA but yeah, if you’re crying about people having access to a right you’re the fascist.
>>
>>1061514
>lol okay
Glad you agree your nonsense theory was debunked. Be sure to cope about it back on r*ddit, who I'm sure is melting down over this decision.
>>
>>1061529
i ask again, where is your reading comprehension, dipshit?
look a little harder at my post and maybe you'll realize why i phrased that in such a leading way.
>>
>>1061522
>>Do you realize how fascist you sound right now, you idiot?
>where is your reading comprehension, dipshit?
Right here, calling you a fascist for complaining about people having unrestricted access to a constitutional right. I guarantee you don't feel the same way about abortion.

>way to not address my question at all
I did address your question, you just don't want to respond to what I said because you backed yourself into a corner.

Either guns can be mailed to my house with no ID or background check, or voting must require an ID and a background check. Choose your path or continue to cope.

JK, you will cope anyway
>>
It's pretty funny seeing Democrats get angry about this. They want to ignore the SCOTUS because they disagree with the decision or they find it inconvenient. But when the SCOTUS will inevitably be in the Democrats' favor, they'll be perfectly fine with it and belittle Republicans who make a fuss about the Democrat majority.
>>
>>1061531
>why I did it
Because you’re stupid.
>>
>>1061530
>observes and acknowledges blatant hypocrisy
>'i pretend i do not see. debooknked!'
your room temp iq is showing my anon, might want to check on that
>>
>>1061535
Yeah it’s not like Democrat states will obey the ruling anyway. Just look at how Democrats violated the Defense of Marriage Act or how Democrats have sanctuary states/counties/cities for illegals or how Democrats allow drug use that is federally illegal. Federal law for Democrats is merely a suggestion but it’s a used as a noose for lynching Republicans
>>
>>1061539
>both orange and black presidents get to pick justices when they die or retire
>this is HYPOCRISY
>>
>>1061539
>blatant hypocrisy
Anon are you really claiming that death conspired with Trump? Is that what you're suggesting?
>>
>>1061533
>complaining
you are a massive retard
i never complained about the gun access at all, maybe try re-reading my post for a fourth time though by now i doubt you can actually interpret it.
i'm a constitutional fundamentalist. right to keep+bear arms in my eyes means what it says, and should be unfettered.
same goes for anything else in the constitution, including access to the vote.
i phrased my post the way i did because most modern gun nuts are the way the are for purely political reasons, many don't even own guns they just want to lessen restrictions because it's what their conservative candidate talks about and they know it makes democrats angry. they take a moral high ground saying that the constitution is king and should be taken at face value, essentially claiming themselves as constitutional fundamentalists.
when asked, however. many are also highly opposed to unrestricted voting access, and especially against both mail ballots and no-excuse mail ballots. their truth comes out as politically motivated charlatans who don't care about the constitution at all, or rather only care about the parts that fit their current argument.
kinda like bible thumpers in that regard.
anyways, long story short if people want to argue that carrying guns is protected by the constitution (which it is) and their justification to do so is the constitution itself (which is can be), you should take the whole constitution to heart instead of just the parts that you want to use in your argument at that time.
>>
>>1061559
That quite literally is his argument Kek
>>
>>1061562
Based.
>>
>>1061533
the thing about mail ballots is that they DO require a proof of citizenship to even request in the first place.
you can't get approved for one unless you prove you are a citizen who is eligible to vote by way of a government-issued ID like a drivers license, military ID, passport, etc.
you can't just get a ballot mailed to you and fill it out with whatever.
lots of conservatives don't know this because they have never tried to request a mail ballot.
>>
>>1061482
if there is a fire in my house I would like to have a fire extinguisher
>>
>>1061471
NYC has the strictest gun laws in the country and violence has already skyrocketed in 2020 where the rest of the country saw a decrease in violent crime.
https://abc7ny.com/new-york-city-crime-nyc-shootings-gun-violence/8495935/

So NYC is already there.
>>
>>1061569
Having a fire extinguisher in your house is perfectly fine. Normal even.

Carrying around a fire extinguisher in your hands everywhere in the off-chance that a fire may start is schizo behavior.
>>
>>1061573
Thankfully, no one cares about your interpretation about how people choose to exercise their rights. You’re free to use your 1A right to keep crying about the 2A on Reddit, although perpetually crying about it when your tears do nothing is schizo behavior.
>>
>>1061571
i'm not entirely sure, but i have a hunch that maybe the entire country grinding to a halt, people losing jobs and pay and the ability to do almost anything with others in reasonable safety, and everyone being super high-strung and stressed about a deadly airborne virus that had no vaccine at that time might have had something to do with that, as it seems to have with most of the world
>>
>>1061577
>anyone who disagrees with me must be from reddit
if you really don't know what paranoid schizophrenia is i suggest you look it up
>>
>>1061577
>Makes retarded statement
>Gets pointed out that it's a retarded statement
>"c-cry about it"
>>
>>1061582
>Reddit tier posters with Reddit tier ideas are from Reddit is INSANE anon
Schizo projection.

>>1061584
>cries about guns
>tries to use dumb analogy and fails
Cope.
>>
>>1061571
in 2007 many people got shot in walmart parking lot muggings over the xbox 360
>>
>>1061568
>the thing about mail ballots is that they DO require a proof of citizenship to even request in the first place.
So all buying a gun should need is proof of citizenship? No background check? No ID? Sounds good!

>>1061573
Fire doesn't jump you in back allies
Fire doesn't commit rape
Fire doesn't block the road and doesn't try to drag you from your car for not saying black lives matter

>>1061582
>>1061584
>being this butthurt that gun control got BTFO again
You will continue to cope
>>
>>1061586
what makes it so hard to believe that people who don't share your views might have been using the same website as you for longer that you want to admit, anon?
>>
>>1061442
Karma? On 4chan? Say it isn't so!

Some time ago this anon here 1056165 got absolutely demolished for insisting that "no you totally can get a gun permit in Maryland bro just trust me" when the application website itself cited cases where they've denied permits to people who needed a gun for protection because they didn't have "a good and substantial reason to carry" - as if the website itself was saying don't even fucking try.

Now it looks like Maryland will HAVE to give these people permits to carry. Isn't irony spectacular?
>>
>>1061591
I actually remember that post. I live in Hawaii which is essentially no issue so hopefully they get btfo too.
>>
>>1061591
*sigh* In my excitement for this ruling I went full retard and forgot how to properly link shit. >>1056165
>>
>>1061589
oh, so you're just racist, alright.
it's amazing how quickly the truth comes out when people like you get even mildly annoyed
>>
>>1061590
What makes it so hard to believe that Redditors spouting Reddit opinions came from Reddit?
>>
>>1061594
>T-T-THATS RACIST
lmao you lose
>>
>>1061597
it isn't 1868 anymore, chud ;^)
>>
>>1061596
what makes it a 'reddit opinion'? there are many anons on this site, with many opinions, including ones you may not like. what makes a specific opinion a reddit opinion anyways? and who gets to unilaterally decide that? you?
>>
>>1061589
>No background check? No ID? Sounds good!
uh, seeing as proof of citizenship requires either an ID of some form to be present, or a background check to do so in its stead... i'm not sure you really thought about what you were typing before you clicked post
>>
>>1061599
>explain to a Redditor why a blatant Reddit opinion is a Reddit opinion, knowing full well the Redditor is already in denial mode
No.
>>
>>1061602
>uh, seeing as proof of citizenship requires either an ID of some form to be present, or a background check to do so in its stead
NTA, this is wrong and we've covered it in the last thread >>1060935. You don't need ID to vote.
>>
This is a great day for gun rights, but I'm cynical and paranoid, so I'm expecting a string of false-flag or staged mass shootings in the vein of Sandy Hook that the left will use to "prove" that guns have to be banned. For people who live in states blessed by this, I wish you well and hope you take full advantage of this. Be responsible, take it seriously, and be safe. If you're going to carry, don't go looking for trouble. Don't let the trigger pull the finger, as they say.
>>
>>1061471
The criminals already carry guns. Why shouldn't regular people?
>>
"Unarmed Young Men" in crime ridden US cities must be quivering in their jordans. They'll think twice before trying to mug granny - she might bust a cap in em.
>>
>>1061630
>so I'm expecting a string of false-flag or staged mass shootings in the vein of Sandy Hook that the left will use to "prove" that guns have to be banned.
what the fuck you think we've BEEN seeing?
>>
>>1061478
those poor little kids...bodies all torn apart by 2nd amendment sociopaths.
Jesus wept
>>
>>1061684
>those poor little kids...bodies all torn apart by 2nd amendment sociopaths.
>Jesus wept
go away, Chang. Don't you have a renegade province to fret over?
>>
>>1061684
Yeah those poor kids in Chicago, D.C., L.A. and NYC. If only they had gun laws.
>>
>>1061684
Schoolkids aren't being shot by people who conceal carry. Moron.
>>
>>1061443
violates the constitution. Arms includes ammo
>>1061471
there is no evidence than expanded concealed carry creates more violence. Now half of all states have no permits and there isn't an explosion in violence in places like Vermont or New Hampshire
>>1061471
>>packed scotus overturns gun controls in ny
scotus wasn't packed. Please point to the law changing the court size.
>>
>>1061498
>'i want this permit to carry because i feel unsafe' is an accepted reason for this permit request.
under NYC law that was not an acceptible reason. You had to produce multiple specific threats to your life in NY or NJ or pay a judge $5,000. This just gets rid of the "Specific" need and means anyone can go through the permitting process, not just special people, as the old NYC standard by definition did not allow a normal person to carry because it required an exceptional reason. Listen to the arguments from november
>>
In other news they also made it so that police don't have to warn you about your miranda rights, and you can't sue them for violating them if they didn't warn you.
>>
"guns bad" absolutely BTFO
>Alito's concurrence, of 77
>Like that dissent in Heller, the real thrust of today’s dissent is that guns are bad and that States and local jurisdictions should be free to restrict them essentially as they see
fit. That argument was rejected in Heller, and while the dissent protests that it is not rearguing Heller, it proceeds to do just that.
>>
>>1061442
>Guntards celebrating this and ignoring that they gutted miranda rights and shot the separation of church and state by allowing tax funds to be used for religious schools

It's so fuckin tiresome...
>>
>>1061688
The gun stores in the red states surrounding Chicago, D.C., L.A. and NYC are laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
>>1061769
Nice conspiracy theory.
>>
>>1061766
>It's so fuckin tiresome...

then its time you went the fuck back to the hugbox, huh?
>>
>>1061840
Thanks for supporting the antithesis of what this country was founded on, traitor.
>>
>>1061854
>Thanks for supporting the antithesis of what this country was founded on, traitor.
fuck off jamal - sorry you are gonna have to think twice now before mugging someone
>>
>>1061855
>Separation between Church and State isn't a founding principle
I love how the Second Amendment is absolute and uncompromising but all the other ones are suggestions and open to interpretation.

Like for fucks sake, choose one. You can't have others be loose and one be strict.
>>
>>1061858
three things.
A. separation of church and state, though something written on and favored by Jefferson, isn't actually in the constitution. In terms of religion the first amendment just says the federal government (this is incorporated against the states now too, but at the time it wasn't), cant
a. create a religion
b. favor any one religion
c. prohibiting a religion
It doesn't actually say church and state must be seperate
The 1st amendment has strict scrutiny and 75% of laws challenged under 1st amendment grounds are overturned. 75% of gun laws are not successfully overturned, nowhere near that
3. the first amendment says "congress shall make no law", it does not forbid other actions, where as the second amendment says "SHALL NOT BE IFRINGED" which is an absolute statement.
>>
>>1061766
stop trying to ban guns and I will stop being a single issue voter, faggot.
>>1061769
criminals get their guns via theft and straw purchase. both of those are crimes.
>>
>>1061854
This country was founded on guns and no taxes.
>>
>>1061578
Nigger, the cause doesn't matter, violence is already UP, meaning the retard OP was replying to was dead wrong about violence increasing because of may-issue being stuck down.

We'll see things calm down after a few months or so when people can go out and get certified finally.

Criminals will shift their crimes based on this, so there isn't going to be a spike in violence. The media will make it seem like vigilantes rule the streets though, because narrative gotta be pushed over facts.
>>
>>1061864
Yeah yeah. Yada yada. Can we skip to the part where your "Taxless utopia" gets fucked by literal bears because you can't get anyone to do anything about them?
>>
>>1061868
Goalpost. Concession accepted.
>>
>>1061869
Just a comment but keep reading off that script, npc.
>>
>>1061870
When you’re an emotional child and lose an argument, it’s only natural to lash out and use muh NPC. Carry on.
>>
>>1061766
>non sequitor
also public schools already teach the religion of wokeness
>>1061684
why don't conservative counties have as much gun violence as Democrat communities then?
>>
>>1061498
no it wasn't. You needed a specific explanation of WHY you felt unsafe, and "I live in a crime-infested Democrat shithole" was not an accepted explanation. Nor was "My neighborhood has peaceful protests whenever a police officer has to defend himself from a criminal"
>>
>>1061498

Look up Hawaii laws.
>>
>>1061878
>why don't conservative counties have as much gun violence as Democrat communities then?
Because "unarmed youths" think twice before trying to mug someone. Potential victim might shoot them.
>>
>>1061885
that's part of it but it's also that woke Democrats think that single mothers are the best way to raise children but they're more likely to raise criminals.
>>
>>1061885
Noguns don't think that way. Noguns are mostly mentally ill people who just know they'd kill someone out of rage if they owned a gun. They're literal trash.
If there was a possibility of getting blasted when you pull that white girls hair one the subway, or rob someone in broad daylight that they'd end up an irrigated negro they wouldn't be as bold.
All it takes is a few good guys with guns in the news to make it happen.
>>
>>1061562
>many don't even own guns
You can stop projecting, I own more guns than you

I saw your argument, and counter proposed applying the same level of scrutiny to voting that is applied to gun rights, scrutiny that is way more lenient than the old NY laws that you claimed weren't grabbing laws. Comparing guns to voting is the go to argument for milquetoast centrists and the anti-gun leftists they attempt to curry favor with. It is FAR easier to vote than it is to purchase a gun from an FFL, the two are NOT comparable. If anybody suggested making people have to undergo something like a NICS check everytime they want to vote an a federally approved polling place, they would be crucified by the media immediately.

Moreover, the constitution is a useless piece of paper that has failed to prevent government overreach in any capacity and the right to bear arms does not come from it, it is merely enumerated by it. This right would exist whether or not the constitution existed, no matter how much it is chipped away at by "comprises" democracy fetishists like yourself allow to happen in the name of the wheels of government continuing to turn.

Faggot
>>
>>1061562
Blatant concern trolling. You are not a woman and you are not a constitutional fundamentalist. You voted for Biden
>>
>>1061562
>most modern gun nuts are the way the are for purely political reasons, many don't even own guns
[citation needed]
>>
>>1061904
Seems to be working in Philly
https://www.inquirer.com/news/justified-homicide-self-defense-philadelphia-police-larry-krasner-gun-license-permit-20220620.html
>>
>>1061917
It works everywhere it's tried.
This is the shit that BTFOs all noguns arguments.
>>
>>1061442
The best part is that even far-left media like MSNBC can't spin this enough without the comments section mocking them. The only people I've seen make any arguments against this were government officials complaining about guns being flooded in (Booker in NJ, some wop I don't know in NY, etc.). Is there anyone out there giving real arguments against this? I'd love to see it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3FWN9Z5x1E

I don't enjoy giving MSNBC views but the pure seething in this clip is just delicious. No logical arguments, just "appalled" and "outraged", "stunning", people "crying for help", "the graves in buffalo are still fresh", "this is setting us back", and also "taking away women's rights" thrown in too. I love this.
>>
I don't understand how this case was even a question
>the right
it is a right
>of
who the right belongs to
>the people
individuals, as distinct from the state per the 10th amendment making a distinction between the two
>to keep
to have in your home, they use this instead of own to prevent the government from requiring guns be stored at barracks. Also you own something of yours that is in a safety deposit box, but you keep your car regardless of if you or the bank owns it
>and bear
to carry on your person, which would imply out of the home otherwise they would just say keep
>arms
guns, ammo, knives ect
>shall not be
self explanatory
>infringed
limited in anyway
The NYC/NJ model that only gave CCWs to literal oligarchs and the Hawaii model that literally did not give a single permit to anyone for years inarguably infringe on the right to carry a gun outside your home because the average person could not carry a gun outside their home under those models. In the Bruen argument this was acknowledged that NYC required an "exceptional" need as in, by definition, not everyone could fill it because then it would not be exceptional
>>
Grabbers seething.
>>
>>1061966
NYC is already talking about making "sensitive areas" where guns aren't allowed even with a permit.
>>
>>1061967
And it'll get struck down because its going to be a de facto ban on carrying.

New York's urban youths WILL fear being shot in the face every time they rob someone and that's a good thing.
>>
>>1061969
How do you not see a correlation with gun thefts?
>>
>>1061971
>be urban youth
>try to steal from cracker
>get shot in the face
>criminal dead
>crime thwarted
>streets safer
>grabbers seething
>>
>>1061971
NTA, I thought criminals got their guns from gun stores in neighboring states and at gun shows using the loophole. That's what keeps getting posted here anyways.
>>
>>1061969
>New York's urban youths WILL fear being shot in the face every time they rob someone and that's a good thing.

Makes me almost want one of these fuckers to try and assault me lol. The ultimate knockout game.
>>
>>1061975
>NTA, I thought criminals got their guns from gun stores in neighboring states and at gun shows using the loophole. That's what keeps getting posted here anyways.

That is what the democrats want you to believe. The vast majority of guns used by thugs are obtained illegally.
>>
>>1062042
>sell gun
>report stolen if ever discovered missing
>buy two more guns with money

You act like this isn't what is happening. Either that or thugs have inbuilt gun detectors to be able to steal all these guns with such consistency in areas with extraordinary low gun ownership.
>>
>>1062042
Yea by buying them person to person. Which is legal, so no, most criminals purchase their guns legally from private gun sales. Because their is no laws tracking private gun sales. I could open my trunk and sale guns at Walmart parking lot. No tracking, no receipts, legal cash purchase gun sales to strangers.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7MwvqCtlk

Here is a video of a 13 year old buying a gun at a gun convention without I.d.

So tell me again that you can’t buy guns at a gun show without tracking or id?

Also, you can rent a table at a gun show as a private seller and then you have no responsibility to register or track the guns you sell. You are literally the same as selling a gun to a stranger out your trunk. But at gun shows.
>>
>>1062061
Knowingly selling a firearm to a prohibited person is already illegal.

>>1062063
Gun shows used to be mostly private sellers, today almost all sales are done by FFL's at gun shows. This means that they do a NICS background check. An exemption for private sales was an agreed upon compromise of the Brady Act, inb4 loophole. This doesn't even relate to the case we're discussing, can you stay on topic other than "guns bad"?
>>
>>1062046
Straw purchasing has been a federal crime for decades. Guns obtained via that are obtained illegally.
>>
>>1062061
>most criminals purchase their guns legally from private gun sales.
I'm not sure buying a stolen piece from the local fence is considered a "legal private gun sale"
>>
>>1062061
>I could open my trunk and sale guns at Walmart parking lot.
Oh please do this. Please, please, PLEASE do this. I'm begging you. Do it.
>>
>>1061442
Look for bullshit photo that accompanied AP article: "Magic Black Scientist in Lab Coat Studies a Gun"
>>
>>1061971
how is someone going to steal the gun off your person?
>>1061975
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
10% are via gun stores. The gun store that sells the most guns to chicago criminals is in illinois and less than 1% of crime guns come from gun shows.
>>1062046
straw purchases are a crime and are almost only ever done by 2 parties that know each other, IE friends and family. typically not by strangers, BJS doesn't even list this as a category.
>>1062061
>Which is legal, so no, most criminals purchase their guns legally from private gun sales
they do not. It is so fucking rare BJS did not even make a category for it.
>>1062063
fewer than 1% of guns used in crimes come from gun shows.
>>
>>1062721
>>>1061971
>how is someone going to steal the gun off your person?
>>>1061975
>https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
>10% are via gun stores. The gun store that sells the most guns to chicago criminals is in illinois and less than 1% of crime guns come from gun shows.
>>>1062046
>straw purchases are a crime and are almost only ever done by 2 parties that know each other, IE friends and family. typically not by strangers, BJS doesn't even list this as a category.
>>>1062061
>>Which is legal, so no, most criminals purchase their guns legally from private gun sales
>they do not. It is so fucking rare BJS did not even make a category for it.
>>>1062063
>fewer than 1% of guns used in crimes come from gun shows.

Everyone knows criminals in the US get their guns from residential / business / robberies, breaking into cars, etc. The other BIG one is crooked ass pawn shops that get "robbed"
>>
>>1061482
>only
>only
>only
only retarded bait
>>
>>1061684
>torn apart by 2nd amendment sociopaths
this is bait of very poor quality
>>
>>1062788
>The other BIG one is crooked ass pawn shops that get "robbed"
there is no evidence to support this
>>
>>1061766
>It's so fuckin tiresome...

better get ready for a really fucking tiresome next few years, chief.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.