[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/22/us/politics/biden-gas-tax-holiday.html

WASHINGTON — President Biden plans to call on Congress on Wednesday to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax, an effort to dampen the soaring fuel prices that have stoked frustration across the United States.

During a speech on Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Biden will ask Congress to lift the federal taxes — about 18 cents per gallon of gasoline and 24 cents per gallon of diesel — through the end of September, just before the fall midterm elections, according to senior officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the announcement. The president will also ask states to suspend their own gas taxes, hoping to alleviate the economic pain that has contributed to his diminishing popularity.

The White House will face an uphill battle to get Congress to approve the holiday, however. While the administration and some congressional Democrats have for months discussed such a suspension, Republicans widely oppose it and have accused the administration of undermining the energy industry. Even members of Mr. Biden’s own party, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, have expressed concern that companies would absorb much of the savings, leaving little for consumers.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, quickly dismissed the president’s call for suspending the tax. “This administration’s big new idea is a silly proposal that senior members of his own party have already shot down well in advance,” he said.

Mr. Biden will demand that companies ensure that consumers benefit from the moratorium on the federal tax, the officials said, though they did not specify how he might do so. The administration estimates that the combination of several possible steps — the suspension of the tax, a halt on state gas taxes and an increase in refining capacity by oil companies — would lower gas prices by at least $1 a gallon.
>>
But critics have questioned the effectiveness of gas tax holidays, dismissing the idea as little more than a desperate attempt by the White House and vulnerable Democrats to show that the party is attentive to Americans’ financial pain.

Economists and some members of Congress have criticized the idea of suspending the federal gas tax as a wasteful step for the government, given the revenue that would be sacrificed in a bid to provide only a mild dose of relief to consumers. Its impact on them would be quite limited: The tax is now such a small slice of the price at the pump, coming in at less than 5 percent of the total cost, that Americans might not even notice its absence.

“I don’t think it moves the needle on people’s willingness to buy more, and it doesn’t exactly save them a whole lot of money, either,” said Garrett Golding, a business economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. “It sounds like something is being done to lower gas prices, but there’s not a whole lot of there there.”

This year, oil and refined fuel prices rose to their highest levels in 14 years because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the sanctions imposed on President Vladimir V. Putin and a rebound in energy use as the United States recovers from the coronavirus pandemic. The White House has increasingly tried to direct the blame for the rising prices toward Russia, a strategy that has done little to quell anxiety among Americans. The national average for regular gasoline was $4.95 per gallon on Wednesday, according to AAA, after reaching $5 this month.

Mr. Biden has also released strategic petroleum reserves and suspended a ban on summertime sales of higher-ethanol gasoline blends to try to temper price increases, frustrating climate activists still unhappy over the collapse of Mr. Biden’s climate and social spending package.
>>
Congress has not increased the federal gas tax since 1993. But it has never lifted the tax either. Taxes on gasoline and diesel now supply a majority of federal funding used to build and maintain highways — $36.5 billion in 2019 — although outlays have exceeded dedicated revenues in recent years.

That means Mr. Biden’s latest step to address one political vulnerability could undermine funding for one of the primary legislative accomplishments during his time in office: investments in infrastructure.

“I have not been for alleviating the gas tax because of the infrastructure implications there,” Senator Shelley Moore Capito, Republican of West Virginia, said on Wednesday.

But one of the more common questions she hears from constituents, she added, is: What about my gasoline?

“I think it’s a temporary fix,” Ms. Capito said. “But yes, people were saying, ‘Do something.’”

Senator Rick Scott of Florida, the chairman of the Senate Republicans’ campaign arm, questioned where the federal government would find revenue normally generated from the gas tax that supports building roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects in his state.

“What expenses are we going to cut out?” he said, adding that the proposal to suspend the tax shows that “Democrats know they’re in deep trouble.”

Mr. Biden, who has publicly discussed the idea of a tax holiday in recent days, sought to assuage those concerns on Tuesday.

“Look, it will have some impact, but it’s not going to have an impact on major road construction and major repairs,” he told reporters, adding that the administration had plenty of capacity to maintain roads.

The suspension of the taxes would cost roughly $10 billion. Senior administration officials said Mr. Biden would ask Congress to dip into other pots of money to backfill the loss.
>>
But as global oil demand and a fractured market have sent prices soaring, experts have questioned how much a gas tax holiday would benefit consumers.

“Whatever you thought of the merits of a gas tax holiday in February, it is a worse idea now,” Jason Furman, the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Barack Obama, posted on Twitter, arguing that the oil industry was likely to pocket most of the savings.

As one example, even if all of the benefits were passed on to consumers, the owner of a Ford F-150 that gets 20 miles to the gallon driving a thousand miles per month would save about $9 if the federal gas tax were suspended.

Progressives and energy experts have advocated alternative ways to smooth out gas price shocks or siphon off some of the ballooning profits that oil companies and refiners have taken in while supply has remained constrained. In her 2008 campaign for the presidency, as inflation-adjusted prices approached an even higher point, Hillary Clinton proposed pairing a gas tax holiday with a levy on oil company profits.

But among the limited tools that the federal government has at its disposal to lower gas prices, lifting taxes could resonate the most with Americans.

“That’s the thing that voters care about. That’s the thing that politicians care about,” said Erich Muehlegger, an associate economics professor at the University of California, Davis. “Things like a windfall tax on oil companies might be attractive from a political standpoint, but we don’t necessarily think they’ll have an immediate impact on gas prices.”

Dr. Muehlegger’s research has found that drivers adjust their consumption more in response to changes in gas prices than they do to market-based changes of similar magnitude, in part because of the media attention generated by those changes.
>>
Senator Maggie Hassan, Democrat of New Hampshire, who faces a tough re-election bid, said Mr. Biden would need to go further to provide relief to voters. In a statement, she said the White House should move forward with a gas tax suspension for the rest of the year, rather than only three months.

“I will keep pressing my colleagues in Congress to suspend the gas tax, and I continue to urge the president to take executive action to immediately lower families’ energy costs,” she said.

States have more power to lower gas prices, since their taxes and fees have been steadily rising, to about 38 cents per gallon on average. Three states have so far passed and completed gas tax holidays: Maryland, Georgia and Connecticut. New York suspended its tax at the beginning of this month, and Florida will lift its tax for the month of October.

However, gasoline producers and retailers would most likely reap some of the benefits. An analysis by economists with the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Wharton Budget Model showed that in the states where gas price holidays have concluded, between 58 percent and 87 percent of the suspended gas tax value was passed on to consumers, with suppliers absorbing the rest. A federal suspension would be so much smaller that it may be obscured be the volatile underlying price of oil, which has fallen over the past week.

Mr. Biden also plans to take aim at oil companies on Wednesday, demanding they expand refining capacity to bring down costs at the pump, only days after accusing executives of profiteering and “worsening the pain” for consumers. Even as refineries have struggled to keep up with growing demand, refiners have added less than 1 percent to their capacity worldwide.
___
>>
How come during trump I was paying 2:30$ a gallon WITH federal and state taxes?
>>
Stop subsidising cars. You have the best and most expensive car infrastructure of any nation on earth. If you still can’t afford to drive then you simply cannot afford to drive. Why should everyone, even those who don’t drive a car, support the selfish poor who can’t afford to buy feel entitled to?
>>
>>1061087
democrats actively increase inflation for a short term election benefit for the midterms, why cant democrats stop being scum?
>>
>>1061097
You were paying that during the time when nobody was driving due to COVID restrictions.
>>
>nooooooooo you must subsidise me to live miles from my place of work, destroy the environment and air quality, ruin neighbourhoods and local culture, keep poor people down, kill town centre businesses….
>>
>>1061097
Because demand for gas during the pandemic was significantly lower than it is now.
>>
>>1061088
>This year, oil and refined fuel prices rose to their highest levels in 14 years because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the sanctions imposed on President Vladimir V. Putin and a rebound in energy use as the United States recovers from the coronavirus pandemic.
Also Biden's executive orders that fucked domestic production. Let's just keep blaming Russia though, I guess that's a step up from blaming Trump for all of your failures.
>>
>>1061104
Not him but I was paying that before covid as well
>>
>>1061109
https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/production/
>>
>>1061104
>>1061107
NTA, before COVID prices were about $2.30 in 2019 and around $1.80 during the pandemic. So to rephrase that anon's question for him, why was gas cheaper under Trump than under Biden?
>>
>>1061112
Your point?
>>
>>1061109
What policy does Biden have that caused gas prices to triple? Keystone XL pipeline was never operational.
>>
>>1061114
Was Trump stealing gas? Could be
>>
>>1061114
A few reasons, really.
The supply chain disruption during the pandemic lead to a drop in demand and consequent decrease in supply which has not yet rebounded to meet renewed demand now that the pandemic's over. Also, the sanctions on Russia reducing their energy exports, as much as fags want to deny it for whatever reason, has an impact on supply. Also, energy companies effectively having an oligopoly allows them to fuck consumers with basically no consequences because our government is full of spineless cucks.
Take your pick, or you can just blame Biden.
>>
>>1061128
>The supply chain disruption during the pandemic
BEFORE the pandemic. I guess I should have been specific. Why was gas cheaper under Trump than it was under Biden or Obama from 2016 to 2019?
>>
>>1061123
A good place would be to start here >>1059313 and then look at all of the replies.
>>
>>1061129
Supply and demand, I guess. If you have a better reason, then let's hear it nigger
>>
>>1061132
Well this is just a wild ass guess on my part but perhaps telling every media outlet you're going to get rid of oil companies and then pushing orders that hurt oil companies as soon as you take office was probably a bad idea when every single civilized nation on the planet depends on oil for survival since the industrial revolution.
>>
>>1061129
the president personally selects the gas price, which is one of their main duties. trump selected a low price because he loves americans and is a hero. biden selected a higher price higher price because he hates america and is a traitor. any other questions?
>>
>>1061134
Sure. If this is the case then why did democrats vote for Biden?
>>
>>1061087
>Not nationalizing the industry
That would instantly stop the price gouging.
>>
>>1061137
>>1054659
>>
>>1061133
>perhaps telling every media outlet you're going to get rid of oil companies
And this affects oil prices how?
>and then pushing orders that hurt oil companies as
What orders?
>>
>>1061135
obviously because all democrats are evil and are traitors. any other things i can help clarify?
>>
>>1061142
>And this affects oil prices how?
Yeah how on earth could the president of the United States, with the power to shut down a company's development, affect the cost of anything by telling the world he wants to get rid of it? A real mystery.
>What orders?
Keystone, Alaska, New Mexico, federal lands halt, Paris accords, new EPA restrictions, doubled royalty feeds for drilling, proposing methane tax, etc. etc. like we haven't had this conversation a thousand times. But I guess that was all Russia's fault.
>>
>>1061145
finally, a high IQ 4channel user who is actually aware of how gas prices are determined
ffs anons, please do your research. there is a lever in the oval office that the president uses to set the price of gas. if a patriot is in office, such as father trump, they will set the price to a low number because they love america and actually care about us. if a demonrat attains office (by stealing the election), they will set the price very high due to their traitorous and ebil nature.
read a book FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE
>>
>>1061143
What should we do with these traitors?
>>
>>1061106
Yes; it is essential as many people drive 20+ miles to get to work. You will ensure the doom of this country if people are having to pay triple the price for gas compared to before the pandemic.
>>
>>1061148
increase public education so that they can learn about the presidential gas price lever and recognize that the reason why gas prices are so high is because biden set the lever high. and the reason why it was low during father trump's era was that he had set the lever very low. when enough americans are smart enough to realize the president personally selects the gas price, they'll vote for the good candidates that care about america like our former/future great president donald trump
>>
>>1061145
>Yeah how on earth could the president of the United States, with the power to shut down a company's development, affect the cost of anything by telling the world he wants to get rid of it? A real mystery.
Do you actually have an answer or don't you?
>Keystone, Alaska, New Mexico, federal lands halt, Paris accords, new EPA restrictions, doubled royalty feeds for drilling, proposing methane tax, etc. etc. like we haven't had this conversation a thousand times. But I guess that was all Russia's fault.
You're aware that these companies still hold leases to millions of acres that they haven't even started drilling yet, right?
>>
https://www.csis.org/analysis/biden-makes-sweeping-changes-oil-and-gas-policy
Oh wow look Bidens anti oil policies directly coincide with higher gas prices
But causation isn't correlation!
Trust the science that it's Putin's fault!
>>
>>1061158
They're not canceling existing leases, just not issuing any new ones for the time being. See >>1061156
>You're aware that these companies still hold leases to millions of acres that they haven't even started drilling yet, right?
>>
>>1061156
>Do you actually have an answer or don't you?
The president of the united states telling an entire business that he wants to delete them means they're less likely to take risks and are going to focus on survival until the next president takes office, especially when our current president demonstrates the power to order the shutdown of a project several years in development. Quote:
>The answer to the primary reason that publicly traded oil producers are restraining growth despite high oil prices is a combination of investor pressure, ESG issues, government regulation and lack of growth capital. It was difficult to say any of those were the primary reason. Spending will increase with improved cash flow, but I don’t see companies raising capital and going into debt to invest in production growth.
>You're aware that these companies still hold leases to millions of acres that they haven't even started drilling yet, right?
Why should they? Why should they pour money into drilling during a time of higher taxes and regulations, and pay more because of it, when they can be prevented from purchasing any new lands and their business goes under if what they have dries up?
>>
>>1061142
elon musks twitter memes affect real world stocks, people speculate
>>
>>1061087
Why is it that every single time any thread with Biden and Gas in the subject we have to argue with democrats why high prices are his fault? This is getting old. I don't see this much resistance when we talk about Afghanistan, inflation, or any other event that totally wasn't his fault.
>>
>>1061170
exactly. anyone who is in the know is aware of the presidential gas price lever located in the oval office.
biden set it high. he hates americans. it's as simple as that.
why won't he lower the prices? because he's an ebil demonrat.
why were the prices low during father trump's presidency? because he set the gas price lever to low (~$2ish)
this isn't up for debate. do your research and educate yourself, dummycrats. instead, they study gender studies lmaooooo, yikes.
>>
>>1061164
>government regulation
Hmm I wonder if keeping prices high will result in a candidate friendlier to big oil being elected
>lack of capital
Not a doctor, but I think this may be caused by the low sales during the pandemic
>investor pressure
Sure
>higher taxes
Did Democrats pass tax reform without me noticing? Pretty sure they just haven't done shit besides spend money and go after Trump
>>
>>1061140
And? Nationalizing the system and removing he profit motive would greatly reduce prices.
>>
>>1061088
>But critics have questioned the effectiveness of gas tax holidays, dismissing the idea as little more than a desperate attempt by the White House and vulnerable Democrats to show that the party is attentive to Americans’ financial pain.

Actually, this would be highly effective. The politicians could halt taxes and announce to each state how much consumers should save as a result. Gas companies would then either choose to drop prices by that much, or suffer the PR backlash that comes with not doing that, and politicians would actually have done something. There is no way for corps to dodge this PR bullet, so it's perfect for shifting blame if they don't cooperate. Media will be assured ragebait articles calling out anyone who doesn't cooperate.

Obviously there is going to be a impact on what that tax pays for (cough politician's wallets & pork barrel shit cough), but no one cares for that.
>>
>>1061200
Follow the chain of replies. I'm tired of having the same argument everyday.
>>
>>1061200
>Nationalize oil and gas
>Democrats in charge
>Gas prices soar to get you to buy an EV
>Climate Change Fees added
>No competition, prices go to whatever Dems feel like gouging you for
>No more players allowed to enter the market

Yeah, no. Nationalizing it means higher prices and zero competition, with profit going to Democrat pockets and projects.

>buh buh, muh cummunism
Yeah, your communist bullshit costs me more money. It happened with electricity, it can happen with oil and gas.
>>
>>1061202
Nah

>>1061203
>Prices will be higher than the current price gouging because!
Nah. Shareholders and price gouging are why prices are so high.
>>
>>1061087
The Biden regime is truly desperate to pretend as though this isn’t his fault. Sad, really.
>>
>>1061156

Always funny to see this consistent goalpost shift once someone points out that Biden has actively made gas prices rise due to policy. Cope and sneed.
>>
>>1061087
>I DON'T CONTROL THE ECONOMY

>YOU KNOW WHO CONTROLS IT? PUTIN!
>>
>>1061210
You do realize it's a global economy, right?
>>
>>1061214
If Biden isn’t responsible for rising gas prices then he can’t be responsible for lowering them. Which is it? Does he control it or not?
>>
>>1061216
It's more accurate to say oil companies control the price of gas more than Biden does. Biden can try to control the price all day but won't have 1/10th as much effect as internal oil company intervention.
>>
>>1061205
>Nah. Shareholders and price gouging are why prices are so high.
https://www.dallasfed.org/research/surveys/des/2022/2201.aspx#tab-questions
>Government posturing and increased regulations are severely hampering the entire industry.
>U.S. government actions and intentions are not helping U.S. producers to increase domestic oil and gas supplies appreciably.
>Increasingly onerous government regulations and/or policies regarding upstream, midstream and downstream (refining) operations have made it difficult for companies in these sectors to make money. Geopolitical risk and concern about higher taxation have also impeded activity.
>I feel that the primary reason that publicly traded oil producers are restraining growth despite high oil prices is a two-headed monster, with capital discipline and governmental regulations due to the green progressives in the administration’s ear.
>The answer to the primary reason that publicly traded oil producers are restraining growth despite high oil prices is a combination of investor pressure, ESG issues, government regulation and lack of growth capital. It was difficult to say any of those were the primary reason. Spending will increase with improved cash flow, but I don’t see companies raising capital and going into debt to invest in production growth.
>>
>>1061223
>actually believing the bullshit excuses BigOIl gives to cover their price gouging
I know you aren't this gullible in real life.
>>
>>1061228
>BTFO
>I just can’t believe you believe this, I’m literally shaking
>>
>>1061230
Yes, I got BTFO by BigOil's excuses. Who is supposed to believe this shit?
>>
>>1061233
Anyone with an IQ above room temp can see the obvious connection between failed Biden policies and increased gas prices. Unfortunately, you are not included in this group.
>>
>>1061228
What's funny is the last thread where this source got posted, the originator of that link both argued for and against it's reliability depending on how the argument was presented. The data was reliable when it worked against investors but was unreliable when it worked against regulations.
>>
>>1061234
You are either delusional or being paid by BigOil for damage control.
>>
>>1061239
Ok, Shareblue.
>>
>>1061249
Even if I was Hillary Clinton personally posting on 4chan it wouldn't change the fact that you are either delusional or being paid by BigOil for damage control.
>>
>>1061158
BELIEVE the science!!!!!
>>
>>1061251
You’re just projecting. None of your cope is going to change the facts. Enjoy your mandatory anal sex during midterms.
>>
>>1061162
>They're not canceling existing leases, just not issuing any new ones for the time being
Quite possibly the fact that their new leases have all been cancelled is the reason they are having to limit drilling for that stupid "investor pressure to maintain capital discipline" you people always bitch about?
Biden cut off new leases, and now with zero prospects for new leases, they have huge pressure to "maintain capital discipline"
Does that make sense to you?
All this shit didn't start happing all of a sudden because of a massive conspiracy, it's directly caused by Biden policy
>>
>>1061253
What facts are you alleging I've changed? You got BTFO and now accusing me of what you're doing.
>>
>>1061254
Biden is working on phasing out the American dream by restricting access to resource, goods, and financing, and by doing so everything in America is just getting massively expensive extremely quick, due to the colloquial balance of supply versus demand tipping heavy to one side as the final dying sparks of affordable life are relentlessly extinguished by Democrat policy
>>
>>1061261
>more projection
Concession accepted.
>>
>>1061223
>Big oil blames everyone but themselves for the prices
>Meanwhile their posting record profits
https://www.businessinsider.com/gas-prices-oil-company-profits-skyrocketing-energy-sector-earnings-charts-2022-5
Big Oil is why prices are so high. Nationalize the industry.
>>
>>1061297
>muh record profits argument again
And how much of a role does inflation play in these profits?
>>
>>1061305
None.
To illustrate this, if you look at profit MARGINS instead of net income, you'll see that some of these companies increased their margins by almost 50% last year from the year before.
While net income will be higher due to inflation, profit margins consist of net income as a percentage of total revenue, so it includes the higher cost of doing business due to inflation.
It's undeniable that these companies are doing better than before, it's what happens when an oligopoly inherits a market that's been shaken up after a crisis.
>>
>>1061297
Biden is why prices are high. This has been repeatedly demonstrated to you bots over and over again. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change the facts. He waged a war on the gas industry and now he gets to pay the price. The entire political history of Robinette is trying to blame other people for his own stupid decisions. Not gonna work this time.
>>
>>1061297
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/06/22/remarks-by-president-biden-on-gas-prices-and-putins-price-hike/

Literally from the dementia-ridden retard's mouth, TODAY.

>Russia is also the largest oi- — one of the largest oil producers in the world. We cut off Russian oil into the United States, and our partners in Europe did the same, knowing that we would see higher gas prices.
>We [did X] knowing that we would see higher gas prices.
>knowing that we would see higher gas prices.
>higher gas prices

Biden policy. Own it.
>>
>>1061315
>>1061313
It's hilarious that you idiots think Biden controls the world's oil supply.
>>
>>1061254
A reasonable post, actually
>>
>>1061106
Like it or not, oil is the blood of the nation, it fills trucks and planes, it puts food on the table, this is a huge situation.
>>
>>1061313
You're wrong and you know you're wrong. The prices started going up before Biden got elected.
>>
>>1061087
>put all road construction projects on hold to save at most less than $5
This is sabotage
>>
>>1061330
not really
>>
>>1061439
It is and you know it you just can't admit Bidens policies are to blame for American fuel prices
>>
>>1061448
Because they aren't and you are only trying to use the issue to score political points.
>>
>>1061448
true, deep down i know that biden is the decider of fuel prices. at any point he could waltz right into the oval office and turn the oil price lever down to $2/gallon. it's basic economics, look it up.
biden chooses not to do so because he is a traitor to this country and wants all of us to suffer! wake up sheeple!
>>
>>1061451
>>1061466
When gas goes down, Biden is responsible
When gas goes up, Biden isn't responsible

Can't have it both ways, sweaty
>>
>>1061467
Instead of blaming the figurehead president why don't you blame the oil cartels who actually decide what prices to charge for their products.
>>
>>1061392
>>1061451
If you shills don’t believe Biden is responsible can you explain why he flat out says he is responsible here??? >>1061315
>>
>>1061474
Quite possibly Bidens cancelling of all their new leases on drilling have backed them into a corner where they are forced to prioritize "capital responsibility" since they lost any new land to drill on, and I'm sure they've already drilled in the easiest land they have left, leaving the least profitable reserves as their only future supply left (for the time being)
>>
>>1061474
>Instead of blaming the figurehead president
When the figurehead president issues EO's that actively harm the oil industry's ability to invest in it's future, and gas prices go up, the figurehead president is actually to blame

Voters have decided Biden is responsible and they will show this in November. You will cope endlessly.
>>
>>1061480
>Biden said he forced the EU to not accept Russian oil
How does this make sense to you?
>>
>>1061493
>actively harm the oil industry's ability to invest in it's future
That's a hilarious way of describing the scheme to drill on federal land which the oil companies had been trying for the last 40 years and were only approved by Trump in 2019.
>>
>>1061502
> We cut off Russian oil into the United States, and our partners in Europe did the same, knowing that we would see higher gas prices.

What does it say the US did, and what does it say happened when the US did that? There is no way you’re this dense.
>>
>>1061506
>were only approved by Trump in 2019.
What was the price of gas in 2019 anon?
>>
>>1061510
Russia barely exported any oil to the US, and Biden had nothing to do with any EU country boycotting Russian oil. Oh and you're completely leaving out the context that Russia invaded and started a useless war with a European country.
>>
>>1061512
How many unused oil-bearing leases did the oil companies have before 2019, Anon? They never needed federal land to drill for more oil. Where does the idea that only federal land is profitable come from? Oh that's right, oil company propaganda tells you that.
>>
>>1061516
Answer the questions.
What does it say the US did? What does it say we knew the effect would be?
>>
>>1061520
Why would I answer a question based on a false premise?
>>
>>1061519
What was the price of gas in 2019 anon?
>>
>>1061524
What was the price on gas in 2005?
>>
>>1061523
>I cannot factually answer the question, based verbatim on Biden’s own press release, because it would fully demonstrate that Biden knowingly and willingly engaged in policies that increased gas prices.

Concession accepted.
>>
>>1061528
>What was the price on gas in 2019?
FTFY. What was it anon?
>>
oil shills BTFO
>>
>>1061672
>biden gud boi he dindu nuffin
>>
>>1061709
Not care, i still Biden vote again
>>
>>1061727
I knew they let the Chinese vote in 2020.
>>
>>1061709
Yes.
>>
>>1061516
global demand and supply you moron. US does what it does best screech about an issue that doesn't involve them pretend to care while telling people if you don't follow us you're a neo-nazi.
>>
>>1061823
But you really are neo-nazis though.
>>
>>1061847
Is he Ukrainian Azov BN?
>>
>>1061848
Who cares as long as neo Nazis are imploding. Both the socialist and non-socialist varieties
>>
>>1061467
i don't have it either way because i'm not a child and i understand the global market prices for gasoline are determine by many factors, of which the president of the united states only has marginal influence, darlin'

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.