[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/17/belief-god-low-gallup-poll

The number of Americans who believe in God has dropped to the lowest level in the 78 years Gallup has asked the question, per a poll out Friday.

Driving the news: 81% of U.S. adults say they believe in God — down 6 points from 2017.

Belief in God dropped the most among young adults and liberals and Democrats, with these groups showing a drop of 10 or more percentage points compared to an average of polls from 2013 to 2017, Gallup found.

More than 90% of Americans believed in God between 1944 and 2011.

Conservatives and married adults experienced very little change in beliefs and other subgroups, including education level and ages, experienced but a modest decline.

By the numbers: 62% of liberals, 68% of young adults and 72% of Democrats say they believe in God. These groups experienced the largest declines in beliefs, Gallup notes.

Belief in God is highest among political conservatives, with 94% saying they believe in God, and Republicans, with 92% saying so.

Between the lines: While the percentage of Americans who believe in God is down over the last five years — and down even more when compared to the last several decades — a majority of Americans still believe in God, Gallup found.
>>
>>1059390
Nothing drives people away from God quite like American Christians
>>
Religious Americans actually have children rather than furbabies in the hustle and bustle of the big city so that will change eventually. Eventually the scale of America's degeneracy problem will become salient and we shall begin working against it.
>>
Liberals traded their belief in God for religious fanaticism towards brands and franchises like apple and star wars
>>
>>1059404
>source: tucker carlsonov
>>
>>1059413
The libs literally cry and freak out when a new star wars trailer drops and will wait in line for hours to upgrade their phone when it's completely unnecessary.
>>
>>1059414
rightoids do plenty of crying and freaking out when new star wars content comes out(especially when the MC isn't a white guy). Consooming isn't exclusive to any political ideology.
>>
>>1059415
>star wars fans are conservative now
lol lmao
>>
>>1059417
Sure. Look at any SW thread on here and get a load of the crying chuds complaining about any and every bit of content that isn't the first three movies. The idea of even a main-adjacent character being non-white and/or female sends them into a shit flinging frenzy.
>>
This is what happens when Republicans Christian fascists politicizes faith to the point people would rather turn their back on religion.
The right wing is to blame for this.
>>
>>1059397
And why do you think that? Let's hear you out shall we?
>>
>>1059404
So you admit capitalism bad, comrade
>>
>>1059397
FPBP

Aren't the most religious states in the US also doing the worst?
>>
>>1059419
Why would there be SW threads on /news/?
>>
>>1059452
monopolies created by the federal government are not capitalism
that's fascism
>>
>>1059419
>defending disney to own the chuds
>>
>>1059454
4chan, numbnuts. Multiple boards discuss starwars content.
>>
>>1059450
American Christians are some of the most vile, holier-than-thou yet hypocritical, hateful individuals. Ask any restaurant server about the after church crowd and how much "forgiveness" or patience these so called followers of Christ exhibit, right after spending an hour listening to a sermon. The most bigoted and openly racist people I've met have been more than happy to display a cross. Imagine twisting a faith about love and forgiveness to spew hate and vitriol. I don't think I even need to mention the prosperity gospel cretins or the spiritual healing conmen...
>>
>>1059397
Shut the fuck up you Europoor faggot. You're probably from Switzerland aka the mountain jew working for klaus and his shadow oligarchy of the WEF commie agenda from hell
>>
>>1059469
You sound upset. And no, I'm from the deep south (north Georgia mountains) and was raised in the church. Looking at what our faith is supposed to be vs what our culture has mangled it into disgusts me. It took years of reading, learning, and deprogramming to see how corrupt and wrong American Christianity is as an institution. Christ loves you, but that doesn't mean he'd tolerate your hatred and bigotry.
>>
>>1059404
He said without irony, tipping back his Carhart baseball cap and taking a big swig from his Yeti thermos, as the radio of his Ram 2500 played Travis Tritt. "Yee," he said, reaching behind the seat past the Ruger in his gunrack to retrieve a new can of Skoal. "Trump is going to make this country great again."
>>
>>1059455
So we should remove the fascists, aka Republicans and vote in Berniecrats to bust up all monopolies and nationalize other systems like healthcare and energy.
>>
i follow the tao index
>>
>>1059452
Godless people and beliefs bad, if anything.
>>
>>1059478
>he
did you just assume gender?
in 2022?
I'm literally shaking rn
>>
>>1060072
Great meme. The idea that conservatives are less addicted to materialism in America is laughable.
>>
>>1059468
i dont think there's anything wrong with being bigoted or openly racist, lol
>>
>>1060078
I don't think it would be so much of a problem if American christians didn't advertise themselves as the opposite. That's the opposite of being open. That's why people call them hypocrites.
>>
>>1059397
This, didn't feel like questioning It that much until I saw them, and extreme christians who raise their kids harsly have them go atheist fast, my friends from those families can't find the faith, I still love God because I had good experiences and my place was very tolerant so even if there's doubts I stick to home
>>1059468
I remember watching cartoons talk about this and I thought It was baseless comedy until I actually saw them for myself, and even today on v there was a bible thread, and god, is christianity divided, they were all claiming those who didn't like their versions would go to hell and that their's was the holiest, honestly disturbing but nothing new, I just didn't expect It on v out of all places to discuss that
>>
>>1059397
More like evangelicals and fundamentalists to be completely fair here. Seeing enough of something like the westboro baptist church or another psycho boomer group would drive almost anyone away from god who's under 35.
>>
>>1059390
I love double
>>
>>1059390
Not low enough.
>>1059397
fpbp
>>
>>1060188
Don't discount the Catholics. They've been distorting Christianity for personal gain much longer.
>>
>>1060188
Or anyone who pushes the prosperity gospel, the preferred religion of Republicans.
>>
>>1060286
the protestant """prosperity gospel""" is pushed harder by western intersectional progressives than anyone else in the west, which is probably why you mention it on this board every chance you get
they (you?) claim the protestant work ethic philosophy is a standard of whiteness unattainable to most other races, which is a white supremacist doctrine derivative of neomarxism
so they (you?) embrace literal white supremacy as pretense for cultural revolution, leveraging the same framework mao used from 1966-1976 which killed tens of millions of people
>>
>>1060288
Which is why those hucksters primarily operate in southern, low IQ states.
They're the epitome of Republican aligned scam artists.
>>
>>1060300
wut? progressives are primarily comprised of coastal elites. they're the people found in HR and diversity boards that run the colleges and media industry
I don't know what decade you think it is, but Texas and Florida have a higher avg IQ than either California or New York, and it's likely going to continue rising as their economies keep growing
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/average-iq-by-state
>>
>>1060300
>leftists align with Republicans
imagine actually typing this out and still having the audacity to challenge anyone else's IQ
>>
It feels our society has been driven away from religion in general. None of their leads or fanatical follows seem to be helping their case.

Pastors who milks his sheep for millions so he can get a second airplane plus mansion or all of cover ups of underage abuse. Then the followers who tightly hold their guns, while trying to control others lives.

They feel it's their duty to be gods/Jesus's judge and executioner for them. What ever happen to let them be judged when they die? Oh are you trying to save them? By beating,burning, sterilization, imprisonment, etc.
>>
>>1060288
>the protestant """prosperity gospel""" is pushed harder by western intersectional progressives
LOL
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/10/the-prosperity-gospel-gains-a-foothold-in-u-s-politics-panel-says/
https://www.usw.org/blog/2017/the-strange-origins-of-the-gop-ideology-that-rejects-caring-for-the-poor
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-religion/trump-seeks-to-shore-up-evangelical-support-at-prosperity-gospel-church-idUSKBN1Z2114
>>
>Do I believe in Jesus Christ
I believe he is a good man
>Do I worship the eternal Jew?
No
>Do I believe in the intelligent design?
Yes
>Is the bible Pantheist?
Yes, fight me
>>
>>1060302
>Beyond 100
>The other red states in the area fair worse
LOL
>>
>>1059390
>The number of Americans who believe in God has dropped to the lowest level in the 78 years
Always based to hear such uplifting news
>>
Trump says in October '21 that NOT VOTING "is the single most important thing for Republicans to do." At around 1:45:00 in today's hearing, the Georgia Secretary says 23,000 people in Georgia didn't vote for President, but voted in the other races. The result is Trump's dumb fucking ass loses the race by 11,000 and he has to go trying to shake the guy down for those votes. He would have won by like 12,000.
>>
>>1059397
> Nothing drives people away from God quite like American Christians
Ah yes, the people controlling the media are American Christians. Got it
>>
>>1059402
> Religious Americans actually have children rather than furbabies in the hustle and bustle of the big city so that will change eventually.
No because leftists cuck right wingers by brainwashing the children right wingers raise through schools and media
>>
>>1059452
Of course. No communist countries have ever had gay marriage. Nowadays most capitalist countries DO have gay marriage. Down with the homosexual-industrial complex
>>
>>1059485
If you think voting will solve anything then you haven’t been paying attention
>>
>>1061488
Voting solves a lot of things.
>>
>>1060079
It’s not hypocrisy, it’s about heirarchy.
>>
>>1060188
> westboro baptist church
At their peak they were a 35 member church, and they dissolved in 2015. Ever wonder why the media put them front and center when there are entire monasteries filled with people who have made vows of chastity and poverty just so the can dedicate their lives to educating people about Christian beliefs? Really makes you think who runs the media
>>
>>1060920
> Trump says in October '21 that NOT VOTING "is the single most important thing for Republicans to do." At around 1:45:00 in today's hearing, the Georgia Secretary says 23,000 people in Georgia didn't vote for President, but voted in the other races.
There was no presidential election to vote in October ‘21
>>
>>1061490
Example?
>>
>>1061499
...anon you CAN'T be this retarded.
>>
>>1061488
The problem is you don't have good candidates because conservatives have rigged everything in their favor through control of the media and outright buying elections through the shame 'money equals free speech'.

If things were on an equal playing field on the merits and can't be drowned out by 'mum commies!' You'd see things would be a lot better.
>>
Even if no one believes in God in the future, we'll all still hate fags.
>>
>>1061694
>The problem is you don't have good candidates because conservatives have rigged everything in their favor through control of the media
Holy shit your dumb!
Not only is most American media biased towards the American left, but your party *literally pays to assist shit candidates in getting elected or nominated*
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/20/1106256047/why-democrats-are-paying-for-ads-supporting-republican-primary-candidates
>>
>>1061694
Conservatives and progressives work in tandem.
>>
>>1061741
Thanks for proving the point that Democrats are conservatives too.
America doesn't have a true liberal party for decades.
>>
>>1059390
Oh wow, another poll I had never answered in my sad pathetic life!
>>
consider for example that people that were sexually abused as children or suffered other forms of abuse/trauma are forced to attend work birthday parties for them. Birthdays should already be opt in only just from information privacy/ id theft risk/ age discrimination perspective. but there are many people who have managed to forget pat trauma and have normal lives only for a mandatory birthday to bring back memories they wanted to forget and waves of depression, hate, and memories of fear.
birthdays should be opt -in only and there should be a minimum fine of 1 million per violation
>>
>>1059390
Trump will make oceania great again
>>
>>1059390
>2022
>Still believing in an ancient fictional character
>>
>>1059468
Amen.
>>
>>1059390
These polls contradict earlier polls I've seen.
Fake News.
There aren't even that many Christians in the country, the idea that so many Americans believe in "God" is a blatant lie.
>>
>>1063240
Imagine becoming defensive over this story.
>>
You all will see.
When this life is over.
You will have to answer to your Maker.
No one escapes judgment.
Remember this the next time you claim there is no Creator.
>>
>>1063240
>cant believe in god unless Christian
Wut?
>>
>>1059441

Belief in God is different than belief in Christianity.

Most people including liberals believe there is a creator.

Most people do not believe in far-right Christian fascism as it occurs in America.

The poll is confusing belief in creator with belief in far-right extremist Christian theology.
>>
>>1059472

Basically American Christianity is what The nation of Islam is to sunni Islam
>>
>>1059469
Fuckin hell go take your meds and touch grass you cringelord
>>
>>1063299
Imagine thinking that a being powerful and knowledgeable enough to create the universe is also petty enough to be upset by people not believing in it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.