[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 137 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this the most crashed train in the world? Seriously look it up, this line only opened recently and there are already tons of videos.
https://twitter.com/WPLGLocal10/status/1560383313273131008
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>1842701
The average person is too goddamned stupid to have ever been allowed to drive. They can't even avoid hitting an entire train, how can we trust them not to maim and murder human beings out for a walk? We need to remove these sacks of fermented jizz from their cages.
>>
I lived in West Palm Beach and in Cocoa. Florida East Coast runs fast container freights all the time from Miami to Jacksonville. I paced a couple along US 1 and they were going about 60 mph. The people there can't claim ignorance of "fast" trains anymore.
>>
>Is this the most crashed train in the world?

No, ffs Caltrain gets more because Caltrain has more trains. You're just noticing it more because the trains are going much faster, and drivers aren't used to having them approach so quickly. Also, it's Florida. Only like 10% of the population has even seen a train, and most of them don't know how to safely handle a grade crossing in their car. The sorts of people who'd fucking park on them and wonder why an accident then occurs.
>>
I love the idea of the Brightline HSR menace, dealing out daily justice to dumb floridians who dare cross its path. Every smash is a sentence served.
>>
>>1842700
>Mama mama maaaaama!
>Why you still dryvn!?
>You is on the trax!
>I know baby doll
>We gonna get a new car wit insurance
>Get out!
>We all out?
>Okaaaay less bus' it!
>>
>>1842727
To be frank, anyone caught running a train gate needs to have their drivers license permanently revoked.
>>
>>1842710
HOLY SHIT THE MOMENTUM
>>
>>1842700
It had been forever since I crossed railroad in a city, aren't crossings supposed to have phones that can only reach the traffic office in case of emergency?
>>
JUST
DRIVE
THROUGH
THE
FUCKING
BARRIER

AMERICANS ARE SO INCREDIBLY RETARDED
>>
>>1842787
BUT
THAT
WILL
SCRATCH
THE
CAR

and Americans and Germans are the worst when it comes to scratches on their cars.
>>
>>1842787
>OH MA GAWD THA LI'L BARRIER JUS DROPPED N SHEEIT HOW WE GON GET OUT NOW??? DIS LI'L PIECE A PLASTIC RIGHT HERE BLOCKING MAH 2 TON SUV FROM MOVIN' GOTTA BAIL OUTTA HERE RIGHT NAW KIDZ AND NOT THA GOOD KINDA BAIL THAT MEANS DADDY'S COMIN' HOME
>>
>>1842793
I broke a barrier once by vaulting over it on foot. Thing just fell off the console lmao.
>>
I mean while all of these drivers are dumb as fuck it is kind of insane to send a vehicle carrying the same amount of energy as a 747 blasting through city streets and intersections with nothing to separate it but a 2x4 from Home Depot with some red paint.
>>
>>1842700
american cagers get what they deserve
>>
>>1842836
I'm guessing the intent is to make it possible for vehicle to still vacate the tracks with minimal damage to them in case they get trapped inbetween the barriers. You could install a huge heavy metal gate or line the crossing with retractable bollards but whatever gets trapped inbetween them will stay there.
>>
>>1842782
No, they'd just get vandalized. There's a sign with a number on it to call the railroad if there is a malfunction or emergency, you can also call 911 and they can contact the railroad

>>1842791
The driver is also on the hook for damages to the gates if they can be IDed
>>
>>1842889
Beats being on the hook for damaging and halting a train.
>>
>>1842836
By law (of man and of physics), the train has right of way. The gates shouldn't need to physically stop drivers who are going out of their way to get hit, nor is bailing out morons a wise use of limited funding.
Increasing penalties for anyone who tries crossing like that would be a better idea.
>>
I see a lot of melaniated people in these webms. So basically you just need a bigger sign, maybe something that flashes "DEATH SOON, TRAIN COMING"
>>
>>1842764
(tour guide PA voice) "In olden times, local peasants would leave offerings of TapOut shirts and country music cassette tapes at crossings, in the hope that this would appease the gods, who would then grant them safe passage. Sadly, these traditions are all but forgotten these da-"
>>
I really don't get it. That's like the one tiny piece of land that you can't put your car on and somehow people do it anyway
>>
>>1842892
Yes it does. I guess people get panicked and don't think about it and figure they're trapped.
>>
>>1842764
>dumb floridians
its a very specific set of floridians...
>>
>>1842701
>>red lights? warnings?
>pfffttt! those are for sheep
>in my freedom cage I can go anywh-
ACK
>>
>>1842700
>The majority race in North Miami overall is black at 59.2% of residents. The next most-common racial group is hispanic at 28.3%. There are more black people in the north areas of the city.
>>
>>1842836
It's not meant to be a physical barrier. It's basically a sign saying "HEY DUMBASS I KNOW YOU IGNORED ALL THOSE OTHER SIGNS SAYING YIELD FOR TRAINS BUT THERE'S A TRAIN COMING RIGHT FUCKING NOW SO STOP UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SQUISHED". The ones around here only stretch across the approaching lane so you can weave through them if they're bugged out or if the train coming is slow as fuck and won't get here for another hour. A lot of crossings out in the country don't even have them.
>>
>>1844508
We should replace them for concealed frisian horses
>>
>>1842700
Based, I love Brightline now
>>
>>1842700
>>1842701
>>1842702
>>1842704
>>1842706
>>1842710
MORE
>>
>>1843008
>>
I'm under the impression that berfore brightline these rails were served by slow moving freight trains, that you could cut infront of easily, and that you would have to wait for, for a long time. creating a perverse incentive
>>
I would say it's blatant insurance fraud but then I saw the "people" who probably drove it there
>>
based brightline will not stop until every last cage has been obliterated
>>
This rarely happens in the UK yet seems to be a common occurrence in the US, wtf is going on?
>>
>>1844910
genuine question: what's the longest you've been sat waiting at a level crossing
>>
>>1844910
>This rarely happens in the UK yet seems to be a common occurrence in the US, wtf is going on?
We have way more grade crossings and longer, slower trains gives people an incentive to go around the gates
>>
>>1844917
You also have shitty gate designs that enable people to go around them in the first place. Ever heard of putting barriers on both lanes on both sides?
>>
>>1844913
No u
>>
>>1844919
No thanks, bong. When I see the flashing lights and gate down, I know to stop, as do 99.9% of other drivers. Do all of yours have a fucking operator at them?
>>
>>1844949
That's not even bongistan lol. Hoes mad, as they say.
>>
>>1844955
Who cares
>>
>>1844957
(You), apparently.
>>
>>1844958
Obsessed
>>
>>1844959
Literally no u. Take your medicine.
>>
>>1844964
You are obsessed. No one mentioned Euro grade crossings until you showed up.
>>
>>1844965
I literally didn't though. >>1844955 was the first thing I posted in this thread. Meds now.
>>
>>1844990
Wrong + still obsessed
>>
>>1844995
I know what I said cunty. rent free.
>>
>>1844949
Yeah well, as demonstrated 99.9% isn't good enough.
>>
>>1844999
Why do you care about the US so much? We don't worry about you
>>
>>1845005
yet you keep replying
>>
>>1845008
You didn't answer my question
>>
>>1844881
Thing it though it has been ruining for 4.5 years at this point minus a year when it was shutdown due to covid
I know they just started working with some state patrol to monitor and ticket at some of the worst hot spots (correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most of the crashes at a few specific intersections) and I think they got another grant to try and improve crossings, but I'm willing to bet if they're still running by their 10 year anniversary, they'll have be at least 150-200 fatalities (currently at around 65-70 iirc)
>>
>>1842710
Fun fact: most of the time the trailer isnt stuck at all, and its just an insurance scam to get a new trailer
>>
File: aqV064982283.png (227 KB, 2794x1074)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>1844919
It varies depending on location, expected rail traffic, expected rail speed, and expected road traffic.
All the ones near me (Illinois) cover both sides of the road, but that was a federal requirement to increase train speed to 125 MPH.
Brightline has 79 MPH as a target top speed, so regulations don't require more than what we see.
If it's to minimize damage and disruption to rail service, then more expensive is fine. I wouldn't give a penny to rescue these morons from their poor choices.
>>1845005
The fuck kind of counter is that? Can't have an on-topic discussion so you just start whining, eh?
>>
>>1845057
>The fuck kind of counter is that? Can't have an on-topic discussion so you just start whining, eh?
Answer my question then
>>
>>1845059
Stop letting your buttfrustration talk for you
>>
>>1845083
Keep replying :)
>>
>>1842700
monkey business
>>
floridians are simply too retarded to understand that moving objects exist outside of their peripheral vision
>>
>>1844910
Bongs are too autistic at (vehicular) traffic lights, you see a stop line, a red light and you stop at the line, even bicyclists who want to turn left stop at the light and don't pass the stop line.
>>
>>1845149
>even bicyclists who want to turn left stop at the light and don't pass the stop line.
not true actually, I roll past the line on lights with the ground loop thing (and without a cycle box) because it doesn't detect me, so I let the car behind trigger it. And if no car comes, I just go through carefully. It's a problem on smaller motorbikes too.
>>1845005
>We don't worry about you
says the cunt who mentioned bongistan out of thin air, on a photo of a rail crossing in Germany, because bongistan lives rent free in his head.
>>
>>1845182
>says the cunt who mentioned bongistan out of thin air, on a photo of a rail crossing in Germany, because bongistan lives rent free in his head.
You posted a pic of a Yuro crossing and sperged out about US grade crossings; just want to know why.
>>
>>1845223
Does there have to be a reason? I'm unsure why you're making a thing out of all this, or taking it as a personal attack, or whatever it is you're doing. I think you've made a mistake.
>>
>>1845223
>thread about accidents at rail crossings
>someone posts about rail crossings
What exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>1845236
If you scroll up to the OP it's a thread about accidents at Brightline crossings. The perpetually obsessed Yuro jumped in and got mad when I called him obsessed with the US, which is true.
>>
If I were the conductor, I would paint a little "check engine" stencil on the side of the engine every time I smashed another car
>>
>>1845237
>maybe a different kind of crossing would prevent this
>YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?!
>>
>>1845241
Straw man.
>>
>>1845245
you know, you're really tiresome to talk to. putting aside that *you* were the one to throw a tantrum to begin with, is there anything you'd like to contribute besides being aggressive at people?
>>
>>1845223
Simmer down lad, I think some wires have got crossed is all. I was the one talking about running red lights on my fredsled.
>>
>>1845247
>no u
It's all so tiresome
>>
>>1845239
I would paint a little "check these dubs" stencil on the side instead
>>
File: trainchad.jpg (553 KB, 800x630)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>1842700
Beautiful. Also people seem stupid enough to drive around a closed barrier and ignore a red light, but when their car is about to get minced they are too stupid to break trough a sheet metal barrier?
>>
>>1845237
>The perpetually obsessed Yuro jumped in
It's not the perpetually Yuro it is the stupid Swiss from /chad/ . He's full blown anal and shits up every thread with his superiority complex. Fun fact, he is neet and obese.
>>
>>1845302
it's like 3 or 4 different people schiz. It is very funny to see that duhmschweizer lives in your head though.
>>
>>1845337
oh hello duhmschweizer.
>>
>>1842700
I love Trains now.
>>
>>1845041
They did have another huge grant especially the rest of the East to improve crossings and traffic signals. It's going to be a few years to implement though.
>>
File: cagercrasher.jpg (731 KB, 2500x1660)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>1845344
Why waste so much money? Just put pic related on the trains and the problem will solve itself.
>>
>>1845054
sauce?
>>
>>1845237
Wouldn't comparison data be useful in determining whether incidents like this can be reduced or prevented? Perhaps FRA needs to add frequency of incidents as part of the specification for grade-crossing standards.
>>
Those retards REALLY need to stop running onto the tracks.
Based brightline taking out cages. Hope to see more.
>>
https://www.newsflare.com/video/198152/trains-head-on-collision-with-tractor-caught-on-video
>engine split from transmission/rear axle assembly on impact
>>
File: 10754_original.jpg (1.29 MB, 2100x1402)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>1845388

They do and it's why quad gates are required for speeds above 90 mph. Brightline operates at 90 around grade crossings, thereby skirting the rule.

In another context, this is why Caltrain has to rebuild all of their grade crossings for California's high-speed rail project as they want to increase speeds from 79 to 124. And I mention Caltrain specifically because the problem you described has been discussed so much, a billion times, a lot, with all miniscule retarded details thought about over on the Caltrain HSR compatibility blog whose owner did a site-by-site analysis of all Caltrain grade crossings. Which, in the context of your question, means quad gates and 90 second gate down time.

And again what you said exists. It's how California determines where grade sep money goes. It's how the 25th Av project in San Mateo and the Rosecrans/Marquardt project in Los Angeles. And it's why the entire Alameda Corridor exists. And it's why there's been over 15 years of discussion online about this topic.
>>
File: 9005.1580523266.jpg (1.14 MB, 1200x819)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
I just realized do any of you not remember when I took that video of UP's Chestnut St lead? Despite having a 30-car freight train rolling down the street at 10 mph people were still cutting it off, pulling in front of it, and blowing through red lights just to get across the tracks in time. And this happened despite UP only doing it once a day at 8pm and again at 1am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_snu2od9g
>>
>>1845750
comfy
>>
>>1842903
>nor is bailing out morons a wise use of limited funding
i mean another bit of 2x4 is gonna be cheaper than repairing the damage to the train, even if that damage only goes as far as replacing some busted light-bulbs or a windshield.

increasing penalties only works if you have people who're making rational long term plans and so can draw a connection between driving like an idiot and getting fined - and if they were that capable of thinking ahead you wouldn't need to fine them because they'd make the connection between driving like an idiot and winding up splattered all over the railway siding. by all means go for it as a way of getting some extra cash, but it won't stop a single crash.
>>
File: TRtWEq490840.jpg (710 KB, 3840x2160)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>1845907
>another bit of 2x4
Upgraded grade crossings cost hundreds of thousands to install. They'll also need to roll out fences to deter trespassers. As it is, they're committing tens of millions of dollars to try to reduce the frequency of incidents. Thankfully, Brightline isn't paying for most of it; the biggest concern is how rail operations are affected and how much would come out of Brightline's budget for such things.
>but it won't stop a single crash.
Fine them heavily, impound cars, strip them of their licenses if it's egregious or they're repeat offenders. These guys can't learn from abstraction, but someone getting slapped down might filter through their social networks.
They have a police patrol program which has issued hundreds of citations, but that needs to be greatly intensified.
>>
>>1845750
i'd hop that
>>
>>1842700
CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER
I hope they sent them the bill for damage to the train too.
>>
>>1842700
why do americans have level crossings on a supposedly high speed rail?
over here you cant have them for 160 km/h sections

even if you are a cutthroat capitalist, it makes sense to separate them. it costs less to build a viaduct than to repair trains after collisions
>>
>>1842875
>>1842836
the gate is designed to be broken so that you can get out if you get stuck
>>
>>1846983
Top speed on this is supposed to be 130 kph. US regulations forbid at-grade crossings above 200 kph.
> it costs less to build a viaduct than to repair trains after collisions
Most of the right-of-way is owned by the Florida East Coast Railway, which does freight operations. The freight company likely wouldn't want to, and creating a plan for elevating the tracks that allows connections to freight at reasonable inclinations would be very difficult. Then Brightline doesn't have the funds to do so, or the time to fight through the inevitable lawsuits without any revenue coming in.
>>
>>1842700
>expecting floridians to have human level intelligence
Your entire mistake was assuming these people weren't as stupid as you are, OP.
>>
>>1842929
land
of the brave
and the home
of the
freeeeeee
>>
>>1845749
>Brightline operates at 90 around grade crossings
Brightline doesn't ever go above 79 miles per hour: it'd be illegal if they did so. They keep delaying putting in the legally-required safety infrastructure to go above that speed limit.
They've delayed PTC for years and years and years. Even Tri-Rail has PTC now (since December 2020) after its own years of delays.
I'm glad I moved out of Florida last year, but Tri-Rail will always have a place in my heart.
>>
>>1845750
Cozy video you linked.
>do any of you not remember when I took that video of UP's Chestnut St lead?
I don't know that video. Please link it too.
>>1845998
>Thankfully, Brightline isn't paying for most of it
Thankfully for the people making money at Brightline. :^) I love trains, but Brightline is not The Good Guy here.
>>1846983
>160 km/h sections
>99.4 mph
Here, the trains never go above 79 mph (127.1 kmh) specifically to avoid the laws that require spending even a cent on infrastructure or safety. Brightline, included, does not exceed 79 mph. You don't need to actually be high-speed rail to pretend to be high-speed rail.
>even if you are a cutthroat capitalist, it makes sense to separate them. it costs less to build a viaduct than to repair trains after collisions
Probably not. If that were true, they'd do it, since they are all about money, after all. Especially in south Florida: you wouldn't need just a couple bridges, you'd need the entire track to be elevated for many many miles, or to build bridges for quite a few roads. South Florida is endless suburb such so that you cannot tell where one "city" ends and the other begins.
>>1847084
>without any revenue coming in
All three times I rode Brightline, it was less than a third full. I don't believe they'll ever become profitable unless they make a huge shift in how they operate. Right now they're trying to posture themselves as a luxury airline.
>>
>>1842875
>>1846984

There's "Impenetrable" rated barriers that are mono-directional. the wedge "tank" barrier that get used at a lot of military bases near me will happily flop down if you take a vespa over them in the "right" direction, but will also happily dead-stop a 120 mph fully loaded expedition in it's tracks in the "wrong" direction.
>>
>>1847295
*shart*
>>
>>1842710
I'm more interested in the free HBO offer.
>>
He said that it was from, where the train had smashed them soooo haaaaard
Mmm mmm mmm mmm,
mmm mmm mmm mmm...
>>
>>1842701
escorted to the next life
>>
>>1842836
entire cities are designed based on this concept of vehicles blasting through streets separated fr people only by white paint or slabs of concrete
>>
It does seem kind of stupid to build something like a highway with the only separation being a few feet of pavement, but I guess this is typical traffic design in America already so naturally it applies here, too.
>>
>>1848036
And you don't even get the same warning signals (my local one has a blinking yellow light!) at some of these highway crossings, yet you don't hear about people crashing at these.
>>
>>1842700
>kills cagers
>kills floridans
>keeps going after each hit
TRAIN OF ALL TIME
>>
>build a ramp to the side
>patient people can wait safely
>dangerous mongs can floor it and drive over the train via the ramp
>>
>>1842700
Why didn't they help?
:^)
>>
>>1848049
extremely expensive, usually impossible given locations, and you know for a fact any rampway is gonna get abused so hard the railings get driven clean over
>>
One less car on the road!
>>
File: everytime.jpg (38 KB, 640x440)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1842700
>Is this the most crashed train in the world?
>>1843313
>The majority race in North Miami overall is black at 59.2% of residents.
>>
>>1842700
any reasons why the car was disabled on the tracks? i would have ~maybe~ offered to try and ram it off the tracks... chances are the wheels were locked up by the computer if its a modern car, though
>>
>>1844913
>genuine question: what's the longest you've been sat waiting at a level crossing
one time a long intermodal frieght train stopped at the crossing between the freeway and half the large city of madera, ca. luckily i didnt have to cross the tracks to get to my destination, and i was able to squeeze my way through the clogged intersection by driving on the sidewalk.... when i was done with my task 30 minutes later, the train was still there, not moved

i just dont understand why the train driver didnt backup or move forward a mile.
>>
>>1845750
who is moen? i see that tag everywhere!
>>
>>1842700
Brightline should sue the driver or the families of the drivers for damages to their rolling stock and lost revenue
I doubt it would do much to stop idiots going past barriers, flashing lights, and DING DING DING DING DING, but it would just be an extra fuck you for being such an incompetent driver
>>
>>1842700
How hard is it to stop at the level crossing. It worries me that people who do this have a licence. At least they don't have a car anymore.
>>
>>1842836
Trains were invented by an organised, homogeneous society based on mutual respect and trust. Any issues that arise are purely due to retardation.
>>
>>1855295
they are used to slow freight trains they can easily overtake, and that take long time to pass.
>>
>>1844910
Don't Bongers have to pay like thousands of pounds for a loicense? I know Germans have to (in euros).
>>
>>1847088
Do they even have good inner city public transportation in Florida? Maybe these tards don't have a choice. Hell I was on the tram yesterday and 3 people with down syndrome came on board (to make a total of 4) and talked about BO.
>>
>>1842700
>>1844858
YYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS SMASH SMASH SMASH
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DESTROY
GOD BLESS DESANTIS
>>
>>1842700
also im handing out reddit gold to anyone with more vids
>>
>>1855506
The price is only about £70, from what I remember. You need to have spent a certain amount of time driving around with an instructor though, that will likely total up to a fair amount. I think there's also a lack of slots for the practical test currently as well, so there may be a market for people willing to pay more to jump the queue.
>>
>>1857232
>You need to have spent a certain amount of time driving around with an instructor though
you actually don't. There isn't even a minimum time you have to practise for.
>https://www.gov.uk/driving-lessons-learning-to-drive/taking-driving-lessons
>"There’s no minimum number of lessons you must have or hours you must practise driving."
>>
>>1844949
>Do all of yours have a fucking operator at them?
No. Loads of them are automatic.
>>
South Florida in particular is rife with drug addicts, alcoholics, foreigners, and old people. More so than other places.

Imagine being a Brightline engineer lol. They must have some insane inside jokes.
>>
>>1855509
Florida doesn't really have cities but they are well served by Amtrak, Brightline, and a few local rail systems. This is America so your concept of 'well served' is likely different. I'd put Florida as a solid top 15 though, possibly top 10.
>>
>>1860442
Florida has to be one of the worst places to live right now in the United States. Shitty car centric infrastructure combined with the worst drivers, constant hurricanes and houses made of cardboard, and on top you got DeSantis wasting taxpayer dollars on pr stunts.
>>
>>1860444
People love Florida. Haters gonna hate. You gonna bow down and kiss the rings soon, call him President Desantis. Hope he defunds CAHSR and sends all of the board to prison. Lock 'em up!
>>
>>1860445
>hating on bullet trains
>2022
cope, liberal
>>
>>1860446
CAHSR isn't a bullet train. It's a makework program that zigzags around the state to justify itself to every voter. Once it's built it'll be faster to walk than to take a detour on the "bullettrain"
>>
I've been trapped in South Florida all my life and it's ruined my life. It's miserable. When i was young the car centric shit totally ruined any possibility of enjoying the outside. There's no nature to ride through. And even if you like cars there's nowhere good to drive. It's a massively miserable state.
>>
>>1860490
it's simply better than literally nothing
who are you arguing for?
im all against central planning, but this is california real estate were talking about, no shit the landlords are as greedy as jews
what the fuck is up with the amount of glowies shitting on proper infrastructure without any argument?
>it's a zigzag maze!!!
so it reaches the most amount of cities in an artificial route? what the fuck is the problem
>it's not a bullet train
literally no one asked, rail can always have their quality & capacity upgraded- opposite to roadways
>>
>>1854638
Is this what Florida has resorted to to get the lowest crime figures, it seems to be working
>>
>>1842762
As a Floridian, I can absolutely confirm this. In my area it’s pretty common to stop on the crossing if traffic is heavy, and I recently reported a grade crossing that was apparently malfunctioning for four days without being called in. Lived here my whole life and I’m still shocked at how stupid everyone in this fucking state is.
>>
>>1842727
>how can we trust them not to maim and murder human beings out for a walk?
You can't, this is an inevitability with cars
>>>/wsg/4797428
>>
>>1861861
fucking hell
>>
>>1842700
>florida
They should madmax the train out, put a plow blade in front. Florida man deserves no less
>>
Reminds me of the cagers who hit the 11'8" bridge over and over despite the massive fucking warning signs and lights
>>
>>1842787
theyre literally designed to do that, lmfao.
>>
>>1842700
Brightline is essentially a large train-shaped vigilante against cages and the you-know-whats who drive them. I used to decry it as nothing more than a dressed up commuter train, but what it's really dressed in is the blood of the subhuman.
>>
>>1844955
>>1844958
>>1844959
>>1844964
>>1844990
>>1844995
kys trannies
>>
File: 1654751302608.webm (2.02 MB, 854x480)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB WEBM
>slowing down on your suicide run
ngmi
>>
>>1865364
>poland
the fuck is wrong with polaks
even politically they're insane
>>
>>1865540
Stalin killed every pole with an IQ over 100 in the Katyn massacre
>>
>>1865540
worst drivers in europe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uDYHCzPFvM
>>
>>1867390
I'm a notrains retard, but shouldn't the "in" barriers close before the "out" barriers, allowing retards to clear the intersection? instead of everything closing at once?
>>
>>1867486
what happens for a two way road genius
>>
>>1867492
the video is of a two way road with 4 poles. I would expect if you have 4 poles, that two in poles would go down, then a few seconds later the two out poles would go down, allowing retards to clear the crossing.
>>
>>1867582
if only there was some signal telling you not to go to crossing before barriers lower
>>
>>1867591
defence in depth. A signal saying stop, a barrier for those who don't listen, an open gap after that barrier to let out retards who pass the first barrier.
>>
File: Jeremy_Clarkson_.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1842700
As a rule of thumb, Don't argue with trains because they always win.
>>
>>1867601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue61c6MZNQw
based clarkson
>>
File: burger.jpg (102 KB, 787x489)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1842700
South Florida is the place where all the amerimutt burger memes are actually true. Average IQ is probably around 80.
>>
>>1865540
I know Russia killed every normal polish politician in one plane crash
>>
>>1860443
>they are well served by Amtrak, Brightline, and a few local rail systems
Brightline sucks.
Amtrak is expensive (and isn't great)
Tri-Rail, however, is pretty nice. It'd be good, if Florida had cities. Instead it has to serve endless suburb.
>>
>>1842700
>Be investors deciding to bring higher speed private rail back to America

>Great idea for a great project, but where should we do it? Needs to be somewhere where people follow rules and have common sense

>Put it in fucking Florida

>Fucking. Florida.

>Act surprised when your train turns into a god of death killing dozens a year

>Guess we’ll try again, so make plans for a brightline for the west side of the country

>Where do we put it?

>Cali-fucking-fornia

It’s almost as if they’re trying to just execute every bad driver in the country. Maybe Brightline 3 will be in Texas.
>>
>>1868221
Inshallah in a few years Florida will have the best drivers in the country
>>
>>1867600
None of that will stop a determined idiot. But the train wins that argument anyway, almost always.
>>
>>1865364
Neat, I never knew that GATX produced tank cars for Europe.
>>
>>1842875
They can stay in their prison
>>
>>1868221
states order highspeed rail
investors cant risk infrastructure projects- they dont have city-building privileges
florida and california are just states big enough to (finally) recognize that potential for their citizens
so yea texas is probably next, though probably not anytime soon cuz half of it is a desert
>inb4 they make a federal HSR program
it would kick ass desu
>>
>>1868221
>>1869395
oh, forgot the thread is about brightline, a private enterprise
yea it seems they're just looking for places with zero competition, big markets/demand and willing states
>>
>>1845749
the foreshortening in this pic is fucking gross looking, everything is distorted
>>
>>1842700
It's around niggers of course it crashes
>>
>>1842700
this was an act of deliberate suicide
they werent even trying to leave they fucking reverse further into the tracks to make sure the train doesnt miss
>>
>>1844913
i cant time it exactly but normally its 30 seconds if that
thats in the countryside tho it seems to take alot longer in cities
one time in london i was waiting for what felt like 5 minutes and this absolute chad on a roadbike was doin a perfect trackstand the whole time and giving me a nice view of his well toned ass in skintiight lycra to keep me distracted while i wait
idk why it took so long tho the barrier went down and then there was just no train for ages
this seems to be rare here though and ive never once seen anyone try to beat the train
>>
>>1845054
sounds like it would cost more money than youd get back because the cargo also gets destroyed and id assume the truck itself would take alot of indirect damage too
im sorry i dont beleive this one it just seems kinda far fetched
>>
>>1845149
aurely the correct answer is americans arent autistic enough?
>>
>>1845750
thats a cool looking train reminds me of the hl2 ones
cool graf on it too
>>
>>1857235
lessons definetly add up though and instructors all have a good scam going
i probably spent over a k on lessons because im an autistic retard and my instructor was abusing money out of me for years
i think for most people its probably a couple hundred quid though
apparently its gotten alot worse though now instructors standards are worse and overbooked and more expensive
>>
>>1865287
>everyone who disagrees with me is a tranny
just troon out already chud
>>
>>1865364
how the fuck does this even happen
motherfucker must have been insanely drunk or something right?
>>
>>1842727
Yes, the cars need to be removed, not the retards who will just find another way to screw things up.
>>
>>1867390
why the fuck did he stop?
>>
>>1867601
>>1867604
i am going to be very sad when this particular boomer dies
i always wear my high vi jacket and 2 hardhats when jumping the crossing!
>>
>>1842700
Low IQ population meets Chad high IQ public transport.

Americans can't have nice things because the average American is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1867659
t.Lech Kaczyński
>>
>>1860443
>Florida doesn't really have cities
huh, the four continuous urban areas housing millions of people must be towns or villages
>>
>>1860570
>this whiner again
no, living in south florida and muh ebil city planners isn't the reason you're a friendless loser
>>
File: Xpress_West_Map[1].png (725 KB, 2030x1512)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
>>1868221
Hopefully Brightline West avoids this issue by mostly going through desert.
>>
>>1875801
>train from the middle of nowhere to las vegas
Holy fuck what a retarded concept. What sane person would drive 1-2 hours outside of los angles on the other side of a fucking mountain to park their car there and take a train? Unless this goes direct from union station in downtown LA to the las vegas strip it's a complete waste of money to build this.
>>
>>1875807
I believe that's the point of the dotted 'could go here, could go here' line, indicating the link between Victor Valley and Downtown LA.
>>
>>1842700

probably because a lot of Floridians are retirees so they aren't great drivers, also most people aren't used to trains being so fast, so they think they can beat it
>>
>>1875807
It's supposed to connect to Metrolink (regional commuter rail) in San Bernardino and then eventually get a second link to CAHSR in Palmdale if that ever materializes.
>>
>>1842700
https://youtu.be/uXhac1xj8DA?t=508
>>
>>1875801
>reduces congestion
spoiler alert: induced demand applies to non-automotive transportation as well.
>>
>>1875952
Who said otherwise? You literally cut the word "traffic" out of that phrase. Everyone riding a train to Vegas is one less car on 15.
>>
>>1876028
You said otherwise in that very post.
>Everyone riding a train to Vegas is one less car on 15
which requires that induced demand not exist. Otherwise, some portion of Brightline West's traffic would be trips from LA to Vegas that only happen because the service is available. And there would be new car trips on the same route to fill some of the 'holes' created by modal shift to rail, until a new equilibrium is reached.
It is the same 'logic' as
>if you expand the highway, everyone in the new lane is one less car in the old lanes so congestion will decrease
>>
>>1876168
>which requires that induced demand not exist
no, fuckwit, it means that people can say to themselves 'i now no longer need to drive to my destination, now that i have an alternative transport option.'
>>
>>1876168
>which requires that induced demand not exist. Otherwise, some portion of Brightline West's traffic would be trips from LA to Vegas that only happen because the service is available.
See, if DEMAND for something has been INDUCED by presenting it as an attractive, affordable alternative to something, what do you think has happened?

>And there would be new car trips on the same route to fill some of the 'holes' created by modal shift to rail
...wait, you were *literally* saying in your previous breath that induced demand doesn't exist actually, so this isn't possible by your own logic. What 'holes' are you referring to? Why would DEMAND for new car trips inevitably be INDUCED by the success of Brightline West?

Like if you just don't like the idea of BW just fucking say it, you don't have to go deciding that abstract concepts like 'induced demand' are your enemy and don't actually exist. That's crazy.
>>
>>1876168
>which requires that induced demand not exist
This has to be the most broken and desperate corporate shill speak ever. Vegas and LA are popular destinations in the Southwest. LA has the highest population center and has traffic issues because all they have is Cars and Busses. All of them go to the same place. Trains cut down on this because they can fit more people on them. Vegas is a nice entertainment destination spot for those who do not wish to drive in congested traffic to get there. I highly doubt you have been in Vegas or LA and speak out of your ass. To even know any of this.
>>
>>1875807
There is going to be commuter rail retard. Not everything needs to be designed around the car.
>>
>>1875801
That will easily work out. They just need to keep working on it.
>>
>>1876172
I'm the one saying that induced demand exists, and by implication that even if Brightline West gets the full 12 million trips a year, the actual car traffic on that route won't decrease by anywhere near that amount. The idea that traffic on Brightline West (or any transit option) is 1:1 traffic removed from the roads requires that induced demand not exist.
>What 'holes' are you referring to?
>why would demand for new car trips
Imagine Group A are people who drive from LA to Vegas, and Group B are those who would, but don't due to traffic congestion making it too slow and frustrating for their tastes. Group A move over to Brightline West, and traffic on the I-15 route decreases. Group B see that traffic has decreased, and start driving the route. They do so until the point where congestion and travel times exceed their tolerance, that point then becoming the new equilibrium. Group B are induced car trips. Then there's Group C, those who would never drive to Vegas, but who will fly or ride a train. Group C represents pure induced demand: passenger traffic that would not exist on any mode, but does because of the new option. You can't point to Group C and say "hey, those are cars we got off the road" because they would've never been on the road anyway.
>>
>>1876203
Except that's ridiculous. Group B undoubtedly exist, but where does this tummy feel come from that they exist in sufficient numbers that they'll replace everybody in Group A? Why are you so sure of this?
>>
Furthermore: given that Group B wouldn't drive the route, what would be their reason behind then deciding to drive the route anyway, rather than taking Brightline?
>>
File: d4bjxl220938.png (164 KB, 737x605)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>1876208
>they exist in sufficient numbers that they'll replace everybody in Group A
That's not the requirement. The requirement is that they exist at all. Past that point, the size of the group would be proportionate to the degree of capture Brightline can manage (increases the size), and how congestion of the corridor would expand in the no-build alternative (decreases the size). They forecasted that a consistent 50-minute delay for I-15 traffic would lead to an 18% increase in BW ridership, so the elasticity isn't terribly high, even with delay nearing 40% of optimal highway travel time, so Group B would not be large. For the purposes of ridership forecasts, they're just road traffic that doesn't get diverted, but for projects with high modal share/congestion alleviation potential, they would get more attention (if only to show stakeholders why capacity changes aren't 1:1).
Image from
https://railroads.dot.gov/sites/fra.dot.gov/files/fra_net/166/Appendix_F_D_Ridership_Forecast_Review.pdf
>>
File: eGV10l947297.png (125 KB, 1122x585)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>1876209
Brightline West modal share estimates over the years of operation range from ~14 - ~20%. This is from the latest environmental assessment they released for a part of the project, but the shares should roughly hold for all segments.
https://railroads.dot.gov/sites/fra.dot.gov/files/2022-10/Brightline%20West%20Cajon%20Pass%20High-Speed%20Rail%20EA_PDFa.pdf
>their reason behind then deciding to drive the route anyway
All prior posts were working off theory and historical examples (like how ridership on New York's Els changed after the subway opened) rather than the specific facts of the case. Having looked at their ridership projections, there won't be enough congestion/change in congestion to seriously affect driver habits. Indeed, the increase in automotive use on the corridor will be greater than the increase in Brightline use (and by the end, by total Brightline traffic) over the study period.
But there are factors other than travel time that affect mode choices such that someone would still choose to drive even (or especially) if large numbers of others diverted from the roads.
>>
>>1842906
You need a picture of a train that looks like a monster eating black people.
>>
>>1847295
got it backwards fag
>>
>>1865364
disel runaway?
>>
>>1842700
How many cars have been smashed by Brightline since you made this thread?
>>
>>1879170
Why keep bumping your own thread? No one cares about cars getting hit by trains, happens all the time
>>
>>1844913
I don’t know about all of europe. But even in my poor euro country all the lines have had all or the vast majority of crossings removed specifically so that this isn’t a problem.
When I lived in BFE in the USA the town had three crossings, one with barriers and people would gun for it even with the sirens of the crossing blaring. It’s literally an entitlement issue.
the people who are driving aren’t fit to be driving, in the USA people kept getting on wrecks in two lane straight roads with no traffic and full visibility and they’d hit head on
>>
File: 30cannonballM_m.jpg (77 KB, 428x281)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1842700
it took viewing one WEBM to pin this down as Florida, which if you've been there before is not a great feat

the dumbest fucking people in the country. driving a car there is unbelievably infuriating.
maybe 50% of drivers use their turn signals.
at night at least 15% of cars on the road drive with their headlights off and do nothing when they are flashed.
on the highways everyone goes under the speed limit, other than the one or two blacks or beaners weaving lanes and speeding in their niggered out infiniti

to someone from the west where doing 90 in a 75 is the norm on the highways and people more or less comprehend the left lane it makes you want to run people off the road

I would say the worst offenders are beaners, followed by niggers, followed by geriatrics, and finally "white" tweakers

it does not surprise me in the slightest that this state of retards would have this issue. I grew up in a mostly white town where a freight train goes through the center of town multiple times a day with no gate in many places. the only thing that ever happened with the train is a bum killed himself
>>
File: railroad-crossing.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1879188
Here in Sweden, new level crossings haven't been built for 100 years so nowadays most of them that's left exist on smaller roads on the countryside.
I've only heard one case of a vehicle being hit by a train at a level crossing and the city it happened in responded by rebuilding a nearby intersection only because of that.
>>
File: 1598914651200.jpg (51 KB, 281x389)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1842803
Fatass.
>>
>>1854677
>i just dont understand why the train driver didnt backup or move forward a mile.
Because a mile forward or a mile backward is another at-grade crossing
>>
>>1881912
what you have to understand is that american railroads are the cheapest motherfuckers on the planet
the railroads refuse to spend a single penny on improving crossing safety because there's a federal funding program for that purpose and they know they can get that program to pay for absolutely everything
see also: their explicit opposition to electrification
>>
I live in Broward county FL and have taken Brightline before. it honestly sucks that it strikes such a high number of vehicles and pedestrians.

it is 100% fair to blame the drivers. absolute worst drivers (I've lived up and down the east coast in major metros) in the country. no one respects traffic signals or other drivers. it is a genuinely dangerous place to drive and one of the most dangerous places in the country to be a pedestrian.

I really don't see a solution as people continually ignore signals and drive around closed gates. fucking crazy
>>
>>1845142
As a floridian I can 100% confirm this
>>
>>1842701
smartest cagey
>>
>>1842706
>americans have enough money to build a 16 lane highway monstrosity but not enough change for a boom barrier
>>
>>1868221
name a state where mutts aren't retarded and bewildered by rail transportation
>>
>>1882662
>only put a boom barrier on one side
seriously whats the deal?
>>
>>1844858
i cant make a webm, but this one caused the train to derail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6OPl3a1EO4
>>
this thread is proof trains are impractical
/n/ btfo
>>
get out of my way SNCF shits
>>
File: 847484748.png (1.02 MB, 771x899)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>1882885
>>
>>1882886
i hate trains so much
>>
>>1842700
Who the fuck decided to pioneer private American HSR in fucking Florida? Are they trying to stress-test the concept so they know the formula will work anywhere else? You'd think they'd start with Brightline West first - Vegas to almost LA seems relatively intelligent.
>>
>>1842700
Train eats car eats bike
>>
File: 3cc.jpg (64 KB, 600x1349)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1842906
>implying
>>
Floridians are fucking retards. The immigrants do not assimilate. The old people are too old. The nigs are too nig. The necks are too neck.

The comments other people male about driving here; they're all true. Places like DFW, LA, ATL, all heaven just because you're not sharing the road with subhumans.
>>
>>1883025
they could do it cheap in florida by leasing private tracks, and make money off property development there
brightline isn't actual hsr, americans just don't understand the concept of rail that sits between commuter and interstate
>>
>>1883025
Brightline West has to actually build out track first.
Brightline Florida is just upgraded FEC right of way that's been around for over a century.
>>
>>1884495
>and make money off property development there
How? The land is nearly totally urbanized or it's a swamp

>americans just don't understand
Oh, you're a foreigner. Nevermind
>>
>>1884536
It's "high speed" in that it goes faster than like 30mph average. Brightline as is doesn't meet the international definition of high speed rail. That's what he meant.
>>
Simple,Bring back drivers Education to schools.

Seriously theses motherfuckers on the road need that shit.
>>
>>1884562
retard
>>
>>1842700
You know, sometimes I think animals are stupid for not being scared enough of our one metric tons steel cages going at high velocity and creating tons of noise, but I guess so are some of us if they aren't scared enough of trains to run a red light at a crossing.
>>
>>1868221
You just gave me a reason to wish for high speed (private) railways even more.
>>
People will learn eventually, right? Either way, under no circumstances should brightside be held responsible or have to pay for grade separation. I'd personally prefer for the train not to stop, if it's able to continue, after car/ped strikes, to further ingrain the message that the train stops for nothing. The city/car insurance companies should be responsible for building grade separations and/or closing at-grade crossings.
>>
I lived in south Florida and took Brightline a few times. Except for the slightly slower speed, it was on par or slightly better than my experience on German ICE trains. I really hope it succeeds and hope retards stop driving or walking in front of it so it actually has a chance of financial success. 95% of people living in urban and suburban Florida are the most retarded, pushing-square-block-through-round-hole creatures you will ever meet. I love Florida, but the average people are so fucking stupid. I don't even mean uneducated and ignorant.
>>
>>1884702

EXACTLY! I don't live in Florida, but when I visit family there I always love the brightline ride
>>
>>1880028
>on the highways everyone goes under the speed limit
Following the speed limit is a good thing, idiot.
In my own experience, no-one follows the speed limit in south Florida, however.
>>1882648
>one of the most dangerous places in the country to be a pedestrian
I thought so too until I lived a month in Tennessee. At least in Florida, many streets have sidewalks. There are places in the US where sidewalks simply don't exist.
>>1884487
Most south Floridians are as white and non-immigrant as you could wish: they're just normalfags.
>>1884702
If Brightline is better than ICE, I'm frightened.
At least Tri-Rail doesn't tell you to empty your pockets for a surprise security check.
>>
>>1884640
no one considers 80 mph high-speed, that's standard speed for intercity trains everywhere else
even 125 mph is usually considered not to be hsr
>>
>>1842836
If there are strong winds they get blown out to the side and block the tracks instead
>>
>>1845057
Trains in Illinois go 125 mph?? Which ones to where
>>
>>1846983
Most tracks in America are only rated for 80mph(120kph) passenger trains, since that rating corresponds to the freight speed rating that's desired. There's some 120mph(180kph) passenger track, basically where Amtrak owns the rails. I believe the highest speed you can carry through an at grade crossing here legally is 125mph, though I'm not 100%, but to do that the crossing has to have more safety features than the typical 80mph rated ones.
>>
>>1846983
>it costs less to build a viaduct than to repair trains after collisions
The railway ROW is more important and harder to move. If the crossings are undesirable it should be on the locality to close and/or grade separate crossings of their choice. As for repair, I genuinely think the driver through their insurance should be 100% liable for damages as a matter of law. And if the driver is uninsured their issuing DMV assumes total liability. And if they have no license it falls on the registering DMV of the vehicle. And if the vehicle is unregistered the manufacturer assumes final liability.
>>
>>1846983
>it costs less to build a viaduct than to repair trains after collisions
Where do you guys come up with this stuff
>>
>>1847301
That's interesting. Isn't FECR co owned with Brightline or something? I've heard of other freight companies waffling on PTC for various reasons at various times and places, but I thought Brightline was avoiding those tensions by integrating ownership of the freight and passenger service. I guess Brightline doesn't care yet or needs the money for something else? I'm sure they got cucked by COVID to some degree and their real estate income might be lagging.
>>
>>1885151
>Just hand off responsibility to people and groups who aren't responsible
Great idea bro
>>
>>1885152
not that guy but i read it on pol
>>
>>1842700
>the train will stop for me, he just has to!
I love seeing retards get reality checked like this.
>>
>>1842710
M-M-M-MULTI KILL
>>
>>1842836
It's not insane because trains follow rails and unless you have nary two brain cells to rub together, you cannot get hit by one.
>>
>>1845000
Why isn't it good enough? Why isn't it fine if we let 0.01% of retards get smashed by trains?
>>
>>1846983
Why are you talking about high speed rail when high speed rail OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do with this incident at all?
>>
>>1885162
You're smart. Really smart. I wish everyone was smart like you
>>
>>1885172
Thank you.
>>
>>1860490
>zigzags
That's bullshit. If LA and SF want to cuck the Central Valley again they can repay tax payer funds, fund the system out of their budgets and taxes, and build their glorious Westside route. Bay Area approach is a little more debatable but also not as simple as some like to make it out to be. I-5 was supposed to use 99's alignment until SF/LA/Sac decided to completely fuck Fresno and Bakersfield to save 10 minutes on the SF-LA drive. 50 years later and Fresno still doesn't have the stub it was promised when I-5 was realigned and remains the largest city in the country with no connection to the interstate system. Congress designated 99 as a future interstate 20 years ago and CalTrans continues to blow smoke and jerk off LA rather than give Fresno what was taken and promised by prioritizing Sr99 -> I-9. Fuck you. CAHSR doesn't exist without votes from Fresno. Fresno is helping pay for it. Fresno politicians on the right and left have been consistently pro-HSR while SF and LA bitch and moan. You fuckfaces pulled the exact same trick 50 years ago with the same rhetoric line-by-line. The stub to I-5 Fresno was promised remains no more than a line on a map to this day with the state still holding an easement through farmland where it should be.
>>
>>1875807
The route for CAHSR goes out into that desert, so the idea is to connect the systems at that point. The problem is CAHSR is on a timeline mortal minds can't comprehend and every venture that's participated in the Las Vegas route has just thumbed their asses for years watching CAHSR make negative progress on crystallizing their plans for said desert, so work can start, and then bailed. Doesn't help that the casinos are disorganized, unaligned, and a net chaotic force on Las Vegas development.
>>
>>1876028
Unfortunately the other anon is right. 15 is a cluster fuck below Las Vegas and any trips moved off the interstate are likely to be replaced by latent demand. It's such a fucked corridor and CAHSR is so far out anyways I'm tempted to say Brightline should build 90 mph two-lane tollways from San Bernadino to Vegas to raise money while CAHSR completes it's snail paced circumnavigation of the globe.
>>
>>1876208
How often have you driven 15? That shit is gigafucked and you're delusional if you think the conditions aren't suppressing would be drivers. Vegas, may I remind you, is a dogshit city that screams at you to have a car, unless you're going to stay in your hotel or you are staying on the Strip and have no desire to move beyond a few blocks of your hotel in two directions. As many people who can drive will drive, and right now 15 is the limiting factor.
>>
>>1881922
A big part of this is they pay property taxes on any improvements they make. It is entirely unsurprising they keep their infra in the worst shape possible without completely cucking their ops when every cent of improvement they make above that minimum viable level is subjected to property taxes across hundreds of jurisdictions. It's a completely retarded model. It's dubious to tax improvements rather than just land generally, but when the railroad has the ROW either way and they're the only ones that can use it, cucking them is braindead. There are obviously other problems with the Class Is but the property tax issue is so retarded and indefensible I have never come across a single person that doesn't immediately call it retarded.
>>
>>1885190
>>1885192
>>1885194
>>1885199
>>1885200
Chill you you fucking sperg
>>
>>1885201
>Chill you you fucking sperg
he wrote on a fucking train forum
>>
>>1883025
There's issues of novel ROW, geography, and capital. Plus CAHSR has no idea what the fuck it is going to do exactly south of Bakersfield and won't for the foreseeable future because they're on track (and miraculously financed) to glacially complete the route from Bakersfield to Modesto and from Gilroy to SF(ish), after which there will be tremendous political pressure to complete 2/3rds of initial system by building the tunnel connecting Gilroy to Modesto. Which will occupy them possibly until 2040 if we're lucky. Then they can turn their focus to SoCal, do their route studies, then field lawsuits, then start bidding and construction, and possibly around this time they'll be able to provide specifics to Brightline for integration, assuming some Marxist cuck in the legislature doesn't torpedo an integrated system because a successful private railway undermines his collectivist fanfic headcanon. So possibly Brightline would be able to actually build their portion to completion sometime in the 2050s or later. And until then they'd be bagholding an incomplete stub line that would have to be built on a new ROW. If they could get the capital to build a four lane, 80-90mph, congestion charged tollway from San Bernadino to Palmdale, and then rolled the revenue into extending said tollway to Vegas, and then used that revenue to start building their HSR back from Vegas, CAHSR is moving so slow that that process could likely get HSR to Palmdale before the Pacheco tunnel is completed, and if they kept going they could probably have service into the basin before CAHSR finalizes their Tehachapi studies. That would open the possibility of cucking CAHSR with trackage fees so they don't have to build an additional line.
>>
>>1885154
But they are responsible. The driver is in control. An insurance company deemed him insurable and collected premiums. A DMV gave him a license. Another DMV registered the vehicle for road use. A manufacturer made and sold it, though this link is debatable. Everyone else though directly endorsed the operation of said vehicle. The burden is on a vehicle to have coverage because of its immense danger, and a DMV doesn't get to dodge responsibility for putting a car/driver on the road. The only other viable model is to have operating a motor vehicle with or without a license constitute binding, implicit consent to be subjected to a (to be newly established) debtor's prison if said driver damages another party with said vehicle and fails to make restitution.
>>
>>1885141
>There are places in the US where sidewalks simply don't exist.
Where the fuck are you going in Tennessee without a sidewalk?
>>
>>1885204
>But they are responsible.
People like you just invent new ways for all your problems to be someone else's fault or responsibility, and normal people see right through it. No
>>
>>1885224
I guess you can't read? Or maybe think? Are you possibly retarded? My position is that the driver has principal responsibility, but if damages can't be collected from the driver others become liable. The position that a licensing body cannot possibly shoulder any responsibility for the licensees it produces is untenable to me. This is about making the aggrieved party whole, plain and simple, not shunting responsibility from the driver. My alternative is to subject the driver to debt prison. How the fuck is that pro driver? If a DMV licenses someone to operate a motor vehicle, certifying to the public that said driver is capable and responsible, and they then damage a third party, and the driver fails to pay full restitution, how the fuck can the DMV not be liable to pay the balance of the damages? They promised the public the driver was capable, and he wasn't, and they promised that the driver would be responsible and liable for damages, and he wasn't. The driver is the primary target but if he fails to pay damages in full it becomes the responsibility of the DMV to complete restitution. You can figure out the punishment to the driver, if he's alive, for failing to pay restitution, but just because he doesn't shouldn't mean the victim gets cucked out of their relief.
>>
>>1885231
>I guess you can't read? Or maybe think? Are you possibly retarded?
You lose
>>
>>1882887
More power to trains! Hate the lycratroons!
>>
>>1885190
>Muh Fresno
Hmong detected.
>>
>>1882671
So you can keep driving if it closes behind you, duh.
They didn't expect wiggers to drive around them on the wrong lane.
>>
Why would they not take the parking brake off and just push the fucking thing? Standing around like idiots watching it crash baka.
>>
>>1885231
How is the dmv supposed to conduct a test that will show the driver is responsible? Absolute retardation on your part friendo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.